Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

C`est la Fete Patchouli Christian Lacroix for women

C`est la Fete Patchouli Christian Lacroix for women
dislike

C`est la Fete Patchouli Christian Lacroix for women Pictures

C`est la Fete Patchouli was presented in 2008, as an opulent, intoxicating and sensual limited edition dedicated to autumn. Fragrant juice is of oriental-floral character and it opens with aromas of sparkling bergamot and emalfi lemon, introducing light and shine into the composition. The heart introduces accords of elemi resin, with jasmine and heliotrope, while the base includes woody substances, patchouli, creamy sandalwood, Tonka and cedar. The perfume arrives as 50 and 100ml edp.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

Jasmine Heliotrope Elemi resin

Patchouli Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Tonka Bean

C`est la Fete Patchouli Fragrance Reviews

Yohji
Yohji

Velvety, lingering gothic purple potion for Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, seductive as hell, the one you pour over yourself with twisted smile knowing that soon the smell of harsh lacquered furniture opening will knock you down for a minute or two.
But after that.....
Its pure sensual unisex patchouli for “special occasions” - not earthy but warm and hearty, not naïve, but sexual, not sweet, but balsamic - seduction, seduction, seduction
Takes some time to get to know it and accept the conditions, but...nothing ventured, nothing gained

Katieg
Katieg

I've almost finished my bottle. This scent is like nothing else I've ever tried. I get many compliments when I wear it. It's not frivolous, I've worn it to serious occasions and funerals. It IS dark. Very very complex too. The only negative is the harsh patchouli at the beginning. It takes my breath away and sticks at the back of the throat. If you like fairytales you will love this one!

passionata20
passionata20

28. november 2013

BEAUTIFUL!!! Simply stunning, smells like an expensive niche fragrance(no kidding)!!! Ok, BUT you have to like patchouli to love this fragrance!

I am mad about and stocked up with the original "C´est la fete", i love Lacroix fragrances in general and this is not exception. I was obsessed with Lacroix since the moment i got to know about this designer in the early 90´s. His creations are ot of ordinary and his fragrances are according to his couture creations.

The patchouli version of "C´est la fete" is very different from the original. I can´t hardly (if at all) smell something in common. When i first tried it last year i suppose it was a summertime and this is not a good time of the year to wear patchouli. I was horrofied and threw it back into the pile of perfumes i don´t use at all. I was afrais to even try it after that first attempt UNTIL today. I wanted something i don´t wear often and not bored of so i pulled it out and sprayed 3 times. I was prepeared for the worst,BUT after a still unpleasant raw patchouli opening today it morphed quickly into AMAZING resinous patchouli. Elemi resins are part of pine resins so you get pine patchouli to the fullest here! Something like "comme de garcons" would make, patchouli with a twist, unexpected twist. I have smelled sweet patchoulis, fruity patchoulis, gourmand patchouli (Angel is my signature after all), raw patchouli BUT I HAVE NEVER experienced this kind of patchouli. It is boarding on a unisex or even more to masculine perfume than normally, but still it is very feminine as well!

Honestly the main notes i smell in here are patchouli and resisns with a hint of citrus and an echo of a the floral undertone. It is a powerful one! Great sillage and lasting power! The price is right as well. I need to buy few more bottles while still available. Seems like it was kind of limited distribution fragrance, probably available only in UK, since while i have seen and purchased the regular "C´est la fete" in local stores i have never seen this one, except mostly on UK ebay sites.
This is a straight from hate to love fragrance for me! Wear it during autumn evenings and feel cozy! I can´t stop smelling myself!
BRAVO!!!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Patchouli heaven. I love how patchouli can play so many roles. How it can be a sweet gourmand chocolate in Coromandel, earthy and medicinal in Le Labo's Pathouli. Here, patchouli is dominant but well supported by the opening chorus of citrus, the herbal tones of elemi resin, the smoothness of sandalwood and the vanilla tones of tonka bean in the base. This is neither gourmand nor medicinal. It is a cheerful brightening scent, well-named now that I think about it. Sillage is good, about an arm's length and longevity after a few times of testing, I would say lasts well above 12 hours. All in all, a lovely blind buy and I am very happy to have it.

whaea
whaea

Like eating a lemon in church!

The initial citrus did not appeal but oh my goodness! The dry down is a lush mix of incense spice and patchouli , warm and sexy, animalistic and definitely inappropriate for mass!

Great sillage. This fragrance slaps you rudely round the face with patchouli, but after the initial sting its a treasure. I love it.

Lala2013
Lala2013

A simple way if describing this is it's patchouli with church incense vibe. if you love fragrances by the house of Caron , this would be a good bet for you, as the incense is very reminiscent of Caron fragrances, and outlasts its Patchouli counterpart.x

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Oh my goodness. This is a LOT of patchouli. They sure did have a party with the patchouli, no kidding!

Firstly I want to say how much I admire a mainstream house like Lacroix for going with something this extreme. It could easily be niche in my opinion, and we'd all be raving about the daring new Serge Lutens or whatever.

I like patch very much and I want to love this. I think I may get there, but as other posters have remarked, the patch is dirty, earthy, musty, medicinal etc etc.

The Hesperidic top doesn't last long and is soon floored by the patchouli which I think is a shame. Perhaps the elemi resin, whatever that is, intensifies the effect (note to self - find out what elemi resin is). Edit - I found out. Elemi resin smells of pine, lemon and incense apparently, which makes sense here.

But there are plenty of compensating factors - there is jasmine in there, a hint of powderiness which might be the heliotrope, and some sweetness to balance things up.

Then the patch mellows somewhat and the composition does get smoother. Couldn't tell you about sillage as I'm afraid to let family members smell it. I can't believe they are going to be impressed!!

The drydown however is just gorgeous. Sandalwood comes ot the fore, tempering the patchouli and creating the most wonderfully mouth-watering soft sensuous effect. Can't stop sniffing my wrist.

Well I'm keeping it, and I'm going to learn to love it. I have a feeling it might paradoxically work well on very hot days. Summer is coming, so I'll be finding out.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

I received this beautiful bottle of perfume from Vie Cafe(thank you!thank you!thank you!)I really and truly love this fragrance. A good source had told me in her words that this was a roll in the dirt kind of dirty patchouli and I agree at first that is exactly what it is, BUT then it turns to this kinda of sweet smell, perhaps its the spicy notes that do it on my skin, whatever it is I love it and the balminess of it is amazing. One of the best swaps ever!!! Ohh and the box is gorgeous too!

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I just received this from my good friend Manevitt (see the review below mine? haha I am now the lucky owner of this gorgeous scent)

C'est la fete-patchouli, meaning "It's party time-patchouli"

I cannot believe how true this patchouli smells! I am often in the mood to wear a simple patchouli oil and I am so happy I have received this, because now I own a patchouli dream in a beautiful bottle and don't have to wear the sticky essential oil that stains everything! This is a hardcore dirty resin patchouli and I could see how someone would not like it. Actually, I could easily see how someone would hate it. It smells moldy and musty and earthy, just like the real thing. The pure patchouli then makes way to a soft earthy tonka bean/citrusy scent and I can get more of the jasmine flower. A dirty jasmine by the way. Not a pretty clean one!

I get an animalic note after an hour but it is not unpleasant to me since it is coming from a blend of plant based notes. It makes this very sexy. I can't stop sniffing my wrist... it is so comfy and grounding.

I am wearing a simple rose scent on the other arm (Galliano EdT) and I must say this fragrance would be really nice layered with a rose scented lotion or cream if you don't find it feminine enough. But then it would make it too "mainstream" to my taste!

It also reminds me of the basement of my aunt's house after it got flooded one winter. All of her Xmas stuff got wet and moldy. It smelled pretty much like this. Call me weird, but I like it!

This is a true dirty hippie scent in a fancy bottle. You could wear this in a Woodstock festival circa 1969 and fit right in. It is also totally unisex in my opinion!

It smells like a wet decaying forest in Autumn in my beloved Quebec. The earth, the decaying leaves, the moss, the cold, the mushrooms and the last dying green herbs that still remain after the first frost. Oh, this is truly for lovers of all things outdoorsy and patchouli!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

OH, yes...yes...yes! I LOOOOVE patchouli. I especially love it when it smells dirty and earthy and unhidden. That is what you get..the lovely, hippie, musty, raw patchouli. Some sandalwood is noticeable and some tonka, which is just fine....very happy:)

Opalwind
Opalwind

I love patchouli and can agree with one thing or another with each reviewer.
The first scent that wafted to me was powder. Not sure if resin or sandal or other combo brought it forth first but knowing that the thing I smell first, is always what fades away first on me... I was relieved.
I barely caught the much loved bergamot but after dry down a faint citrus bounces in after the jasmine that blends the possibility of a "medicinal" scent clinging to the patchouli, away. The slighty sweet tang brings vanilla to mind and I have to wonder over the tonka beans.
On the whole I am in agreement that it falls into the "unisex" category, though (without doubt) some will find either the "sweetness" or the "woodsy" too much for them.
Enter, Lacroix roulette?
I know exactly when I would feel compelled to where this... in a crowd where "ordinary" is everything... this scent would undoubtedly shake things up!!
Opal

mahadewi
mahadewi

I do love patchouli and I love this perfume too, but I find it a bit too masculine for me and makes me feel a bit unisex but NOT sexy when I wear it. So unfortunately it's not one I wear a lot. I actually love chasing after my husband and spraying him with it, as I love smelling it on him. I think it would suit an alternative hip type of guy. It is very strong and has fantastic lasting power! Final verdict - love it, but not for me.

PatchouLee
PatchouLee

BUY THIS NOW! It's by far one of the most enchanting Patchouli mixes ever. Bottle is eye candy too...

However, as a Patchouli-lover, I admit not everyone can carry this scent. It's Boho all the way - Absolutely L-O-V-E it!

napoleonica
napoleonica

It´s a fume for patchouli lovers.I like it very much.The staying power is not as stunning as I thought it would be.This perfume reminds me a bit "le baiser du dragon" (Cartier).It´s worth the purchase.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

To Sophi it was part of the hippie culture not only to hide the stench from not bathing or not using underarm deoderant, LOL.. but also for it's medicinal properties

truffles
truffles

Mmmm this is LOVELY! Blind buy for me too and I'm very pleasantly surprised.
This smells like a mix of patchouli with Tibetan medicinal incense or traditional church incense.
It smells completely natural and is just intoxicating! Yum.
Oh and of course, beautiful bottle!

onimoka
onimoka

I have just got it today. It was a blind buy and i did not know what to expect. First sniff - too strong. A few seconds later, it is more TM Angel like. App 15 min later I can smell CD Hypnotic Poison and Angel same time. Not so strong any more. Soft, creamy, sensual, sexy. Good for romantic diner at the restaurant, while it is snowing outside. I think it is a good parfume for quiet Chrismas evening.Or, not so quiet (he he he), what ever.... :)
p.s reminds me of Prada too.

sophywt
sophywt

I've been looking forwards to this one since its release. The notes sound promising, and I quite found of the bottle design as well.

C`est la Fete Patchouli doesn't disappoint me. I think I am very lucky that my skin goes so well with this scent. I don't find it too much fruity notes in the opening or too strong for daily use. The whole construction, as to me, is well-done.

It starts with the fruity notes, some sweet mandarin or berries. They are not very juicy, no sickening-sweet, perhaps because the fruity phrase is so brief that doesn't have chance to show itself fully. It got “smashed” by patchouli & woody notes very quickly.

Patchouli in China doesn't relate to Hippy movement. It's wide used in Chinese medicine to cure gastric illness and sunstroke. Its scents makes people feel cool, sober and comfort, so it's the feeling that C`est la Fete Patchouli gave to me. Unlike mono-themed patchouli scent, this one smells rounded and warm, almost like sweet cozy amber, with the help of tonka bean; while it has great depth because of the existence of Sandalwood and Cedar, thought I scarcely notice them at first.

The staying power is great. a spray lasts almost all day even after a shower, I can still get its faint woody base.

An interesting thing is the hardly-noticed woody base. It appears first with the patchouli, but soon nowhere to find, I can only smell its sweetened patchouli. However, when I took shower, the skin where i sprayed the scent got hot water, the sandalwood roared immediately. Very surprised with this well-hided woody base!

;-)
;-)

I like the fragrance it is quite a lot of patchouli. It is nice and comforting. The only thing I miss is more soil and less dust.

mymlan
mymlan

C'est la Fete Pathouli is a really fun fragrance based on a hippie-like earthy, chewy and tarry patchouli. I love the start which is softer and sweeter from citrusy notes. The patchouli and tonka shines trough in the top creating an effect of candied citrus peels which is more than delicate, yummy!

After some time the patchouli intensifies and the scent becomes more obviously seductive and smoky. It's still very appealing, but for my taste a bit dry and tarry. The elemi contributes with a slightly medicinal pine note. As I now hardly can smell any tonka bean nor flowery notes I would want to replenish to have more of the sweetness from the opening again, which is the only downside of this fragrance. The idea behind C'est la Fete Patchouli is great, I just wish it was a bit more flowery and dried down slightly sweeter in the end. Sillage - medium, longevity - quite short.

The bottle and box is VERY beautiful! (A metaphorical sculpture of a vampire's heart?)

lara0905
lara0905

C'est la fete patchouli is exactly Annick Goutal-Encens Flamboyant on me.:)

Cedar and medicine like incence notes open with a pale bergamott note but it's just very faint on me.Lively, bitter, earthy patchouli aroma and sandalwood comes,(with fir note!) this mixture evoke the image of campfire.Elemi and tonka makes the scent deep and warm. Honestly I cannot feel any floral note, this essence is perfect oriental.Earthy, bitter, smokey.. Bit masculine, I dare to say it's unisex creation.
Soulwarming, intimate,sensitive...

This scent just reminds me of a cold winter night, when I just watched the snowfall beside the fireplace.:)

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I'm in love with this scent! It starts off with a slightly sharp citrus scent and descends into an incense-like state of sweet, peppery deliciousness. The dry down is to die for and the resonance is exceptionally good. What a gorgeous gem of a fragrance!

InzZ
InzZ

opening-patchouli is too sharp for me
middle-softer wiht coquettish tit scent,weird but can't help to sniff myself
after 6 hours-warm,feminine,tender

complex perfume

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

At first I thought it was a nice perfume, the opening was kinda cool: earthy, medical patchouli, delicate enough to be worn in summer when all other patchouli frags are too heavy. I noticed the weak and flabby drydown but at that time I didn't really mind.

However, when it got a bit colder the scent turned sour and masculine in a cheap drugstore cologne way. Ok, I'm spoilt by wearing Borneo 1834, Patchouli Leaves and Angel(and I tremendously enjoy all of them!) and I can ask myself: "Darling what the hell did you expect for this price?" but it's still a disappointement.

TankGirl mentioned a goth vamire queen... well, no offence, but to me it's more like Barbie-goth, plastic and hollow.

melbritt24
melbritt24

Very rich, creamy, earthy, spicy! The heliotrope and bergamot are very prominent in the opening. The screaming patchouli/bergamot blast soon settles into a warm, woody mixture boasting tonka bean and a shy cedar. The patchouli being the primary note, carries you through the entirety of the scent.

If you love patchouli and this frag, try Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights for evening!

TankGirl
TankGirl

Usually when I write about fragrances I dont get very excited because the notes are not interesting or the overall concept is banal and you all know a bunch of reasons for us to be bored about perfumary. Anyway, I swaped this fragrance with a dear fragrantica and I wasnt expecting mutch actually as when a perfume has "OMG" and "BUY THIS" reviews I usually dont like it at all and never understand the wow thing about it.
With C'est la fête patchouli I had an amazing surprise so I'm going to work my english and try to do a decent review about it.
Lets start with the bottle. The desing of the glass bottle and the cap are extremely delicate, reminds us of some mermaid tresure, the contrast between the colors is also beautifull: purple, baby blue and gold. Christian Lacroix used once again his Barroc vision to create the bottle. As a lover of Lolita Lempicka's bottle, I think that next to Ces La Fete's they look a little bit kitch - CLF bottle is a perfect way to incorporate a chic and a cheap design and make it work in a very perfect harmony. Love it!

The scent. The scent is amazing, dark, masculine, seductive, misterious...
CLFP starts with a burts of lemon and bergamot sweetness, a smoky fragrance that is very alluring but in a dark vampiric way. This would be a great perfume for the lovers of gothic style.
After a couple of minutes CLFP develops to a woody scent that reminds me a little bit of playdoh, this scent is misleading because its also the big burst of the resin. In this stage the perfume is very herbal too, I dont fully understand why most people dont wear this in summer (nights) I think its actually a really amazing fragrance to work with the heat because its so herbal (not fresh, herbal). Its almost yes a masculine fragrance and as some people said it does reminds me of Obsession Night for Men, but I guess this perception only exists because women are to used to smell sandalwood on men so we associate it immediatly with a masculine perfume. I love sandalwood so this dont bother me at all. Gladly I cant smell my archy enimy jasmin what is a relief for me. I dont even know if I can smell the heliotrop because on my skin CLFP works very woody and smoky.
After an hour or two this sandalwood vibe calms down as the Tonka Bean warms up the fragrance and the Patchouli turns more obvious to me. The heat of the skin and the Tonka Bean softens the fragrance and then CLFP works out very sexy, como closer like and less less smokier.
I love the three stages of CLFP and I think its a great fragrance for a vintage lover as for a lover of woody/smoky fragrances like I am.
Better than many expensive brands around the market. Give it a try, after all you cannot expect less than good from a haute couture genious like Lacroix even if the perfume is made by Avon.

Sillage: Very Big - Caution
Longevity: Last all day
Personality: A Vampire Queen in a black lace wedding gown.

8.5/10

Oh and BUY IT!!!!! :D

skitten
skitten

Yay.... Another unsniffed purchased product on line that arrived today. I love it, is so up my alley will buy another bottle today, as this one will be in my favourite to use often fumes.
Oriental, sweet but mellow, creamy, opulent, patchouli, all things spice, to the oriental lovers out there I recommend this whole heartedly, with a passion. Does not cost a fortune, but you will radiate like a warm amber gem of desire.....x

olga1780
olga1780

It's a lovely patchouli fragrance. I finally was able to get it from a UK seller for a reasonable price. The combination of lemon, patchouli and sandalwood is just heavenly. There is something about the way it projects that reminds me of Must de Cartier, although these 2 fragrances have almost nothing in common as far as notes.
I like it a lot. I wish it was a little louder though.

lizzykay
lizzykay

I really like the pathchouli opening and love the musky, ambery dry-down. But there is a certain something floral-synthetic in there that I am not keen on and it leaves the whole tihng with a slightly cheap tang.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Rating - Signature
This was a blind buy. Bargain on clearance... Well... before buying it I just checked this page, read reviews, notes...
Now that I have it I couldn't wait to try it out. The bottle is cute.
So first spray... and this frag welcomes me with potent woody/patchouli smell. I thought Strip. Then I thought - cathedral. Smoke, incense and Angel. Yeah that. I am just blown away and happy that I bought it really. It's a true find nowadays. It settles down a bit but still has this incense-y aura and pine-y & lemon sweet under note to it with patchouli. Cool, reminds me of old streets of capital city in my country, I miss it. I will probably buy more if I will be able.

Galya
Galya

Niente di speciale,noiosissimo odore di paciuli solitari.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

To me, this smells exactly the same as Estee Lauder 'Sensuous Noir'. I would suggest if you are considering this as a blind buy then test the Sensuous Noir and you will know generally whether you like this or not.
I will probably wear this now and again as I feel it's a little masculine for this time of year, but will be great in the Autumn/Winter. I must look at the notes of the two scents and see what the distinct similarity comes from (except the obvious patchouli)
Well, I can't find any real similarity in the note composition on the website but these are definately sisters! On second spraying of this I do prefer it to the EL as I think it's more wearable and I get the Cedar note now which is really realistic with an almost mentholated edge taking the weight out of the composition. Nice.
PS this feels more like a woody oriental than floral.

TheLadyApryle
TheLadyApryle

For fear of waxing poetically long-winded.... BUY THIS- pay the Intl. shipping charge - If you are a lover of patchouli but only "some" patchouli's..meet your new signature scent!
The amber and vanilla temper the patchouli in such a way as to reign in, but not corral. The sillage,and the longevity noteworthy. Sensual and comforting, mmmmmmm.

ChickyC
ChickyC

I bought this online and "untried" as it was less than a third of its original price and I was looking for something earthy and rich and liked the look of the notes and the good reviews here.

The initial reaction after the first spray was...strong! But this quickly mellowed into a lovely gentle floral scent with a very subtle patchouli background. I've now been wearing it for 8 hours and the base notes are so subtle and warm.

My husband came home during the middle stages and the first thing he said was "what's that lovely smell". I've been looking for a new signature for a while and I think...in moderation..this may be it!

guest_lizwalker UK
guest_lizwalker UK

If you can still get this perfume GET IT. Its so beautful
and..Avon? Yes Christian did work with Avon to release Rouge and Noir in a bid to keep his maison Coiture open and independent.

guest_guest999
guest_guest999

Seriously, it's done by AVON?
Please, tell me more about this, I've never heard that AVON and Christian Lacroix have made more perfumes than Rouge and Absynthe.

merilu59
merilu59

l'ho comprato per il nome patchouli
ma il patchouli non lo sento neanche un pò
non lo sento sulla mia pelle e come se svanisse nel medesimo istante che lo spruzzo

Malegria
Malegria

Beladonna`s Bliss got it right - Cocoon Neonatura it is.At first, patchouli is very strong, but then the scent becomes the warm, golden, ambery goodness with vanilla lining. I like it very much, since I love Cocoon.But those two are too much alike!

tzoutzou78
tzoutzou78

i absolutely love this one!!I have the habit of buying perfumes unsnifed based on the composition of the notes,and this one drew my attention.it was apleasant surprise.. avery dark scent,almost masculine on the start, but i agrre with other critics,the drydown is quite caramelized,like burnt sugar mixed with incense.. iwould recomend this for winter evenings..the dissapointing factor is the average longevity of this perfume..iwish it lasted longer!!!

melia
melia

LOVE THIS! At first, it was something to get used to. It's not a simple mass-perfume. Though it's classified as oriental floral, it smells very spicy in the beginning. And if you smell it 'from the bottle', it is allmost like a mens perfume! But when I spray it onto my skin... I feel this wonderful caramelish scent, without being sickening sweet. It really develops into something divine, which makes it into one of the most special fragrances I know, and one of my favorites with that too! So please, don't jump into conclusions after a first try. It will turn into so much more! The longlivity isn't that amazing for an edp by the way, helas:(

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

When spraying the atomizer is not overly sensitive so i got a puddle of perfume on my wrist. Braced my self for a rush of spicy strong hippie smell but really got something warm and cozy in the same fashion that Neonatura by Yves R's patchouli has. Comfy just hinting at the mystic strength some patchouli scents have.
I don't get vanilla but the resins and jasmine are at a really nice quite strength.
Was expecting something with dark raging attitude but actually got level headed open mindedness.
Wearing this sipping a good cup of tea may just become a frequent past time of mine.

roxirox
roxirox

this perfume is spectacular.it is really sweet, but not sickening and lasts for a really long time.absolutely delicious!!if you are a fan of orientals i think that you will like this fragrance, but i agree that this is more of an oriental-vanilla.

rieuse
rieuse

I was extremely excited when after a long search I finally found this gorgeous bottle online. My high anticipation of a package was caused by the fact that I bought it unsniffed and by my unconditional love to youthful and radiant Bazar by Lacroix. Finally it arrived... Hmmm... First I was thinking that I bought a fake perfume because my nose lost a sense of smell for quite some time from a burning alcohol smell. But after it stayed on me for more than 10 hours without reapplication (it has an incredible staying power!) I knew the fragrance was authentic. Before spraying I thought I would definitely love it because you can't go wrong with Lacroix and his magnificent creations. I knew that even if I didn't like it at once I would definitely have to like it when it dries down. I guess I should stop being such a brand junkie. :( C'est la fête Patchouli is not my cup of tea. As much as I want to like it my nose refuses to understand the heaviness of the composition. By "heaviness" I mean a ton of patchouli and sandalwood in one single spray. Don't get me wrong: the perfume is NOT bad, the bouquet is very complex and comforting and it smells very expensive, but from first sniff it knocks you down with it's personality. I love heavier perfumes, I know how to wear №5, Agent, Paloma and even Youth Dew without smelling like a nice old grandma, but ClF Patchouli seems like all of them together 10 times more intensified.

Bottom line: if you're looking for a very complex and rich scent with a domination of patchouli and sandalwood then you might like it. Hope, you'll have better luck with it than I did.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Oooh, this cheeky little number has bags of character & is far removed from all the candyfloss fragrances out there - an enjoyable romp through the dark & smokey side of warm & earthy scents.

You'll have to dig the patchouli vibe to get into this scent as it kicks off with one hell of an opener - dry as a bone bergamot, patchouli & Marrakech market resins.....it had the same knock-out effect on my skin as Strip!

Luckily ClFP settles down quickly & after the initial patchouli-herbal blast has shocked your senses you can sit down & relax into rich resins, ambers & woods coated in a smooth, buttery caramel....not very sweet, but rich & creamy enveloped by a fluffy blanket of heliotrope. I don't get even a whiff of jasmine & no harsh citrus notes, just a touch of candied peel.

The best bit is after an hour or so when you are left with a wash of the softest amber. This is DELICIOUS.....I am reminded of Ambre Precieux & other amber greats but with a touch of incense. Oriental floral? Surely not! Oriental spicy vanilla all the way.

Not an easy one to pull off, but addictive, unique & comforting with good sillage & longevity.

C`est la Fete Patchouli by Christian Lacroix 3.78 out of 5 based on 165 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Lacroix C`est la Fete Patchouli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Lacroix C`est la Fete Patchouli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify C`est la Fete Patchouli by Christian Lacroix. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of C`est la Fete Patchouli by Christian Lacroix represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.