Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Christian Lacroix Christian Lacroix for women

Christian Lacroix Christian Lacroix for women
dislike

Christian Lacroix Christian Lacroix for women Pictures Christian Lacroix Christian Lacroix for women Pictures

This warm, floral fragrance soaked amber, woody notes of the sunny French south. It is incredibly feminine and as gentle as spring flowers. The main notes are: hyacinth, magnolia, mandarin, coriander, jasmine, lily, heliotrope, daffodil, exotic spices, sandalwood, musk, incense. The bottle is a real masterpiece, it feels pleasant to keep it in your hands. The perfume was created by Sophia Grojsman in 1999.

Carnation Tarragon Freesia Peach Brazilian Rosewood

Jasmine Heliotrope Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Benzoin Vanilla

Sexual

Christian Lacroix Fragrance Reviews

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

I bought a used bottle on ebay - I was a little disappointed, expecting a scent more like Yvresse. It smells to me just like Sexual, another Sophia Grojsman creation. Beautiful bottle. I'm a Sophia Grojsman fan, so I'll give this more of a chance.

Update: On my skin, I get a sour carnation note with ALOT of tarragon...oddly no heliotrope or vanilla. A no-go for me. If anyone wants to swap me for this, let me know!

passionata20
passionata20

31. october 2013

I do think that this is is one of the most unique fragrances amongst mainstream fragrances. And one of the best and most advanced Sophia Grojsman creation.
I do remember bck then, when it was launched, i didn´t like it somehow that much. Yes, i do love creations of ms. Grojsman and Christian Lacroix was one of my most favorite designers ever. His style was always unique and out of the ordinary. So is this fragrance. The bottle is simply beautiful, a piece of art. I remember it had a beautiful box inside: red velvety lining. The fragrance is unique as well.

Well, it takes time and some experience to understand it, i didn´t like it right away. I do find a slightest resemblance to another ms. Grojsman creation in here "Champahne" by YSL and also a hint of "Kashaya" by Kenzo. Not that they are similar, but something in combination of notes makes it smell distantly like both of them blended together and watered down. Someone below writes that it reminds her of champagne (the drink). And yes, it does reminds me of it as well, even the bottle in shape of seashell is filled with bubbles. A bit bitter one, moderatly spicy yet light and refreshing. This is not boring at all and smells like a taste of champagne. Nothing powdery in here.

Truly amazing and perfectly blended! Huuuge tarragone with a sour carnation, which is very enjoyable one and works pretty good with my chemistry.
I like to wear it during springtime and during colder autumn. That´s when it is most detectable. I wish it would have better sillage as well. Extremly happy to own 2 huge bottles of it :)

lannyM
lannyM

I miss this perfume. I love the fragrance and the bottle shape like a snail

stormyla
stormyla

I don't wear my Christian Lacroix very often, but I always enjoy it when I do. If it wasn't discontinued,I would wear it more often as this is one of my favorite Sophia Grojsman creations.

This bright,light, airy, powdery confection always makes me feel like I'm surrounded by billowing chiffon trails of floral bliss. This is such a refined feminine fragrance, it makes me want to live up to the image it evokes.

I'm finding that I really enjoy scents that contain Tarragon. It seems to make the fragrances more interesting. I love it's perfumey aroma and flavor when I cook with it, but never dreamed that I'd enjoy wearing it. This scent is both balmy and woody and the spices give it a very nice complexity.

The delightful sillage on this gem is generally moderate to slightly weighty on me and the scent lasts 10+ hours. If you enjoy floral fragrances with bright character,and come across this increasingly hard to find fragrance, give it a try!

lamont.hubert
lamont.hubert

i have 4 bottles of this from 2000 stuck in the back of the closet on is the world biggest shell ....

bobo1
bobo1

CL= [Sexual(Michel Germain) - hairspray-acetony fake melon harsh note ]= [Volupté - the same melon note + violets in the topnotes].

From all 3 I prefer Lacroix.

With all my love for violets I would like Volupté more without that "melon". The same goes for Sexual and Perry Ellis 360.

To me it's lack of perfumer's imagination.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

i had this..the largest bottle..and someone (not even a friend--an acquaintance) loved it, and I gifted it to her..I kind of regretted it later..because I didn't feel it was even appreciated..and I'm a generous heart..anyway..I looked for it but found out that it is not to be found easily any more...it IS a unique mixture of notes..very very pretty..don't let it go like me if you feel it's not for you..just wear it lightly..you will appreciate its originality.

justilou
justilou

So excited to buy some more of this from Ebay! Can't wait until it arrives. This is such a unique fragrance - I have no idea why they discontinued it. (Actually starting to take it personally - everything I love gets canned!!!)

Galya
Galya

sadly,but I feel a lot of black pepper here,
I was ready to buy it with very cheap price,but pepper made change my mind.
strong,warm ,very longlasting and natural perfume.

Just love this scent. So different and femine, like sea on sunny morning somewhere sandy Portugal coast.

krmarich
krmarich

I was encouraged to buy a bottle for under $20 USD in 2003 because of Ab Fab. I thought the fabric box and bottle was perfect. So why did it flop?

The notes are big, warm and sunny. There is a rich fresh cut green bouquet at the heart and a warm amber/vanilla sunny beach at the close. The heliotrope tends to dominate the composition. This was perfect for the beach or just daydreaming.

It is quite boozy and a last Grosjman clone of the 1990s. It has all of her characteristic notes, yet moves beyond her bouncy bouquets. Its really one of her better entries. I wonder if she had more liberty, what would have come next?

Then came 2000 and so many potential classics were yanked from the market. Freedoms, tradition and fortunes were lost...

belle de sud
belle de sud

I love Christian Lacroix - the blend of sumptuous florals anchored by vanilla-y benzoin is so feminine and beautiful. A sunny day in a southern garden of a scent and the bottle is gorgeous to boot. A feel-good uber-femme perfume.

etmpewo
etmpewo

I love-love-love this scent. To me it smells like: champagne!

Fresh, a faint hint of sweetness. But mainly: champagne!

Easy to wear but I'm almost afraid to wear it, as it would be a pity to end up with an empty bottle.

Olga123
Olga123

When I first tried this aroma, I was stunned. There was no other perfume that hit me so strongly and for long ever again. Can't buy it anywhere now. Any help?

Elfies
Elfies

Long time ago I used to work as a florist for several years. I still remember the moments when new flowers were delivered. Still cold and fresh they were smelling divine. White roses and fresias especially. When I use this perfume it reminds me those moments - it starts with a wonderful flowery fresh scent and slowly settles down for the "warmed up" flowers....bouquet of gentle "white" flowery scents. Unique and so very feminine.

Makes me feel happy every time I put it on.

LIN
LIN

The smell of this perfume is realy nice and special, yet there is something about this scent that gives me an awful headache. i think it's the combination of wood with all the other components mixed in it. anyway, i realy tried to use it on me, but at the end i gave up trying and gave it away to my mother that doesn't suffer of headaches from no perfume.

penny-lane
penny-lane

I got this one as a gift and I am really doing my best to start liking it. At first, it's horrible. The opening is terrifying. After some time, it smells gentle and quite interesting. However, it disappears from my skin very quickly.

On the plus side, at least the bottle is pretty.

guest_mujercita
guest_mujercita

hola soy de españa y me encanta este perfume nose donde comprarlo pero lo quieroo,hace como 8 años mi hermana tenia uno en miniatura y todavia me acuerdo de como huele yo lo quiero para mi!!por favor si alguien save donde puedo conprarlo aqui en españa o alguna web que lo escriba!!

guest_pc
guest_pc

krmarich- did you buy a conterfeit? i would give it more credit than you have described.

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

There is something about this when you first put it on. It smells really awful. I mean really awful. I think it might be the wood smell. Then it starts to dry down kind of powdery and I can really still smell the peach, not so much the floral. Not sure about this one. Eventually it gets mildly spicy, with a hint of vanilla. I got it as a sample, not sure I'd buy a bottle, but it was worth the try.

kay_li13
kay_li13

very sunny french south. :) it reminds me of a classic lady, gliding along a beach, wearing a straw hat, near the water, but not touching it, in a floral dress, face set with powder.

Suzy
Suzy

On me, it's a soft, powdery floral with a hint of spice.

soirdelune
soirdelune

Pretty nice; in the same sort of vein as Cabotine or First. Very floral. Wouldn't buy again. Intriguing bottle.

Christian Lacroix by Christian Lacroix 3.92 out of 5 based on 104 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Lacroix Christian Lacroix fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Lacroix Christian Lacroix, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Christian Lacroix by Christian Lacroix. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Christian Lacroix by Christian Lacroix represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.