Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Rouge Christian Lacroix for women

Rouge Christian Lacroix for women
dislike

Rouge Christian Lacroix for women Pictures Rouge Christian Lacroix for women Pictures Rouge Christian Lacroix for women Pictures

Sensual Rouge is a light floral chypre composition with intriguing notes of white pepper, orange and silky cashmere. It is created for women who live their lives with passion, who are elegant and provocative.

The top notes are orange peel, white pepper and red peony. The heart unites osmanthus flower, Japanese plum blossom and water lily, tulips and Spanish carnation. The woody-musk base is composed of cashmere wood, patchouli leaves, and musk. It is captured in an elegant intensive-red bottle with delicate flowers adornment, designed by Christian Lacroix. The perfume was created by IFF (International Flavors & Fragrance) perfume creators Laurent Le Guernec and Carlos Benaim in 2007 and is a result of claboration of Avon and French couture fashion designer Christian Lacroix.

Orange White Pepper Red Peony

Lotus Osmanthus

Patchouli Musk Cashmere Wood

Christian Lacroix Rouge

Rouge Fragrance Reviews

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I was gifted a decant of this, and found it to be interesting and unexpected. I didn't really smell any of the notes listed; the white pepper smelled like cumin, with an earthy mossiness that was unusual. When I pressed my face up to my nose for the first several minutes, the scent I got was a ripe tomato smell (odd, but not unpleasant). Shortly thereafter, I began to smell the flowers, but they were unlike anything I was familiar with--I guess lotus, peony and osmanthus are just too new to my nose. I did smell a soft but fairly strong floral note, blended with the original earthiness so that it was like smelling a florists shop where the flowers and damp moss from the arrangements mingle. It was unusual but pleasant, with modest sillage and about 4 hours of longevity.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

An exotic and quite a strong fragrance. Begins with a heavy pepper and zesty ornage scent and then turns warm and musky. Definately oriental. Best worn for evenings however I have worn it during the day on occasions. Love the bottle and the scent lingers for ages.

daythedead
daythedead

A favourite of my boyfriend. He can't get enough of it. It smells exotic, feminine, strong and sensual: to be worn by a mysterious, strong and sexy woman. Not to be worn if you don't have the personality to go with, or else, it could easily smell like you bought something cheap or that you're wearing your older sister's perfume. The peony, the musk and the lotus are prevalent, even in the first whiff, but the citrus can be smelled when you're used to the smell and look for other notes...It is easy on the wallet, not overwhelming, but it is bold, and it lasts for a long time. It brings to mind salsa dancers, a vampire seductress or a mysterious femme-fatale. The bottle is beautiful, kind of like a witch's potion. If you're a tad naughty, if you're bold and you like to keep men guessing, this might be for you...Don't be intimidated by those who claim it to be cheap because it is Avon: there's skill in this little bottle of red.

LinHolland
LinHolland

Warm and cozy. Sensual and not overpowering. Love the orange/peony combination. At first it seemed a bit strong, but tames with the warmth of your skin and becomes very smooth and relaxing. Not something I would wear everyday for every occasion. But I love it and will wear it often.

The snob in me often prevents me from trying many inexpensive fragrances. Seeming that an offer for a sample of Rouge came my way recently, I decided to give it a shot. Well, thank goodness I did.

Christian Lacroix Rouge is quite a complex and pleasing blend. However, I must admit that it takes some getting used to. It starts off a little masculine, with heavy pepper and zesty orange. It's not unpleasant in any way, although it is less feminine than you might expect it to be.

The heart is my favourite bit, with a beautiful and refreshing blend of peony, osmanthus and lotus. Although it isn't just florals on their own, the pepper counteracts well with the green, and somewhat sweet floral nuances.

Rouge tends to smell very unisex to my nose. I have really enjoyed wearing it, and I agree with other reviewers, that it does indeed emit a certain aura of sensuality. If you don't mind strong pepper in your fragrances, Rouge is worth testing.

I was really impressed, almost blown away by the great lasting power of Rouge. I spritzed it on early in the morning, and I'm still enjoying it on my skin ten hours later. I would describe the sillage as moderate. I found Christian Lacroix Rouge an intense, peppery scent with a slightly serious side.

pomdgf
pomdgf

This perfume remind me of Armani night but this scent not better. In fact, the scent is not great like the bottle. White pepper is good but I don't know my nose doesn't working for a while 55. Not bad but I'll pass this scent.

daliflora
daliflora

This is a nice little perfume, to be worn especially at formal/special occasions. Harmonious and sophisticated, though I cannot quite smell the pepper note, which is advertised on the list of components above.

marietita
marietita

I LOVE THIS !! ITS MY SIGNTURE FANGANCE. but i cant fin it anymore!!!!! :'(

debush
debush

it is sensual fragrance :) perfect for evening wear!

truffles
truffles

Had high hopes for this one. Got some samples today and once the confusing citrus mish mash of the top notes faded, I was left with a smell which I found unusual and pleasing on my wrist. A bit more like the old Avons I used to like I thought.
However, after a proper wearing out today, I now smell like I have doused myself in shampoo!
Either it smells cheap or this kind of scent is just not my thing. It's not unpleasant or a scrubber as such, it's just not grabbing me.
Think I'll give sampling Avon a rest now.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Rouge was the last fragrance I could think of in terms of impressing me.
Chypre florals are definitely NOT my cuppa, Rouge, however, appealed to me very much.
It is a great fragrance with a prominent pepper and peony note. I do not detect the citrus burst Christian Lacroix was talking about when introducing Rouge to the market.
It has decent longetivity and sillage, I truly like it.
Even though not sweet enough for me - I will definitely wear it when not in mood for sweetness :-)
Great for office wear!
Very pleasant and inoffensive. I wouldn't class it typical chypre floral, more floral than anything else.
Overall, I would give it a strong 8/10 :-)
Worth trying and the price is great too! :-)

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

The opening of Rouge is juicy orange mixed with a little bitter orange peel, tart, sweet, juicy. As it dies down the peony peeks through for me only a bit. I love the way the aquatic floral helps to balance the whole composition for me. It goes from sweet & zesty to that lovely lotus flower and then there is a soft spiciness, which I think must be the carnation and pepper, not too much, just right. Rouge is renewed and refreshing yet elegant. Suprising and unlikely to find this scent come from such a gorgeous deep dark red bottle (a little contradictory, but it works!)

RkrChk
RkrChk

I LOVE it when reviewers slam a fragrance, I buy & try it, and I LOVE IT! Rouge starts out green & citrusy on me...The lotus serenely opens up, inviting the osmanthus to stay a while...The drydown is delicious with the cashmere wood, and the right amount of musk and patchouli...It totally works on my skin & chemistry--too bad they discontinued it at Avon...

Anastangel
Anastangel

I am so pleased to see these reviews. I have always been mixed on this scent (gorgeous bottle though!). The first impression is a cloying sweet - almost putrescent - orange. My nose wrinkles every time... so why do I still "like" it? I find myself classifying it with my warm, mature, fancy, wear on special occasions perfumes still... It is because after you suffer through that first blast(really not long at all), it settles down into rich floral woods that are very warm, spicy and comfortably balanced. This is what sticks with you - in scent and in memory. Thank goodness for those subliminal base notes ;)

aromaminx
aromaminx

I bought this from my sister who is 'into'Avon. I fell in love with the bottle,but not necessarily with the fragrance inside,sadly.It is wearable to do your housework or to use as a room spray but most certainly not on a hot date.think perhaps the bottle should be yellow moving into orange to represent the 'citrus'elements.

nyoka
nyoka

I really wanted this.When it came,i almost tore the box open.I sprayed.I was covered by oranges.Overripe oranges.In a bit it calmed down to a sweet peony scent coupled with a faint musk.The pepper made it a tad spicy,likereally high heels with open toes on a woman.wears about 6 hrs.Doesnt cling to clothes,which i like.Overall a better than average scent.Better than a lot of expensive scents.

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

This is a very nice perfume..
On me, it smells very clean... As If my clothes are "Dawny" scented.
I get a hint of orange peel. But it doesn't smell any citrussy on me though..
Rouge ?!
Don't really think that the name or the color of the bottle suit the perfume.. To me, it's more of a "white" perfume !
So unique, and I'm glad to have it in my collection :)

Sissi
Sissi

The First Notes Woodsy Methol Spices &
Pepper Like your in a Genie's Bottle very exotic then in a couple of minutes
it changes in a orangy Scent
Very Innovative.
I Will give this a 5.

eranaral
eranaral

Flowery/Peppery/Woody and warm. It opens up with a hint of orange peal. It lasts min of 5 hours but sits very close to the skin. It provides a little spice and comfort for the fall season. But it really can be worn any time of year except really hot summer days.

Dawnie
Dawnie

This fragrance was given to me as a sample and sat in the drawer for ages. When I did finally put it on I was a bit dubious as to whether I'd like it as the opening notes are rather challenging. But, like Noa, after an hour it settles into a much more livable scent. I received compliments about it that first day. I like the sweet woodiness of it and the peony and water lily add a touch of mistiness that I find very appealing. The musk undertones balance it well without being overpowering. It is a long lasting fragrance and clings to my clothes delicately. I feel sophisticated and sensual when I wear it. Its now my new favourite!

Snoo
Snoo

This is pretty, but the downsides are that everyone owns it and talk about heavy allergies! It makes me sneeze so bad and I have to go to sleep in order for my headache to go away. Coffee smelling doesn't do anything for me after smelling this.

moonruby
moonruby

I gave this to a close friend as a birthday present.

Got this for free from my Avon representative, I knew this cost a bit much, but my friend deserved it more.

Besides, this fragrance wasnt enough to make me want to keep it.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I just can't enjoy this fragrance. The orange peel notes dominate its opening to an extent that I find extremely annoying. If it were a fresher note, I might be able to handle it, but this is more of a sickly-sweet sticky orange peel. The white pepper makes it even worse, IMO.

After close to an hour, this does fade some and I can begin to smell a little bit of peony. After two hours, I can almost enjoy the musky/woody base, if it weren't for STILL being able to smell the orange peel.

Pleasant? Not to me. Long-lasting? Not on me. I suggest sampling this one before purchasing!

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I'd rate Rouge a 2.5 out of 5 stars. It's not great and not bad either. To me it smells a bit like Avon's discontinued Rare Sapphires with some citrus notes added in. It didn't smell anything like the page in the Avon book (which I thought smelled like a weak Fendi). Rouge doesn't have much sillage, it lies very close to the skin. The lasting power isn't too bad about 4 hours, but it doesn't stick to fabric at all. The bottle isn't original and in fact it looks suspiciously similar to VW's Anglomania bottle. Not my cup of tea.

catalina
catalina

sofisticated and sensual,charming and joyfull,it makes you unique

2007
noor_jehan
noor_jehan

it is nice. :) at the beginning the orange oil is dominating, tamed with peony, and the pepper can slightly be smelt occasionally. a bold one, but later it becomes soft and feminine.

2007

Rouge by Christian Lacroix 3.29 out of 5 based on 127 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christian Lacroix Rouge fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Christian Lacroix Rouge, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rouge by Christian Lacroix. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rouge by Christian Lacroix represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.