Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Royal Desire Christina Aguilera for women

Royal Desire Christina Aguilera for women
dislike

Royal Desire Christina Aguilera for women Pictures Royal Desire Christina Aguilera for women Pictures Royal Desire Christina Aguilera for women Pictures Royal Desire Christina Aguilera for women Pictures

Christina Aguilera's new perfume is expected in the autumn of 2010. The name of this edition is Royal Desire, dedicated to women who feel like queens. If you enjoy luxurious things, seduction and finding yourself in the center of attention, this fragrance was created just for you.

Top notes: white marshmallow, blackberry and mandarin. Heart: honeysuckle, herbs, rose and lily. Base: sandalwood, musk and cedar.

Packed in the bottle designed as the original, the fragrance is available as 15, 30 and 50 ml EDP.

Marshmallow Black Currant Yuzu

First Love

Royal Desire Fragrance Reviews

tomatoq
tomatoq

Looovely. The lasting power - not so lovely but the scent... YUM.

Flowery goodness thats all I can say. Smells like a chilly fall-day. The best.

remmz
remmz

this smells exactly like LOVE AT FIRST GLOW BY JLO

VioletNoir
VioletNoir

i really love CAs perfumes so far. I have tried by night which i ADORED and now im in love with Royal desire. I can imagine that chirstina smells like this. Powdery, sweet and feminine

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

To my nose this is similar to Bright Crystal, Lopez Live Luxe n Perry Ellis Portfolio Elite. Nice n fresh but not up my alley...none of which agree w my chemistry but great on some of my friends.

NorwayGirl
NorwayGirl

First of all...

This perfume gave me a rash and a burning sensation on my arm - really uncomfortable. This has never happened with any other perfume and is enough for me to stay away from it, but it also smells kind of synthetic on me.. so I guess it's not that big of a loss anyway.

On me I smell mild and sweet flowers. Its soapy and a bit creamy and that's about it. Suits any occation and it's very inoffencive.

Personally I do like Christina Aguilera for women, but I really love Touch of Seduction.

CalliopeBelle
CalliopeBelle

There's nothing to exciting about this scent. It's just a soft, slightly sweet, very floral fragrance. It the kind of fragrance to wear if you don't want anyone to think you are wearing perfume. So soft, this fall into to the "You smell nice" category.

Krixe
Krixe

Got this one few days ago on sale for 7 Euros. I kinda like it. Its nice and feminine and warm.

statekpijany
statekpijany

This one brings back so many memories! I used to wear it every day through my high school years and I remember being complimented a lot.

The smell is gorgeous! Sweet yet sophisticated marshmallows with musk and florals. Amazing! It lasts very long on my skin. I feel like such a diva when I wear it!

Red Sin
Red Sin

since i don't really like floral scents, i find this to be very boring fragrance ..
but i must say that it is VERY classy scent
but not for me

Dieuwke_x
Dieuwke_x

I can smell rose mixed with marshmallows it is a sweet scent but if you don't like rose scent i don't think you like this because almost all i can smell is the rose with the sweet of the marshmallow... Yes i like this

GinWeed
GinWeed

Royal Desire is very sweet and powdery, in fact during the first hour I was very surprised by how strong the sillage was, and it was almost a bit too much for me. After it had set it was okay though, but didn't last long. Instead of this one I'd recommend you the basic Christina Aguilera (Christina Aguilera by day) fragrance. That one is my absolute favourite out of all her perfumes.

barentonwithaba
barentonwithaba

My least favorite Aguilera perfume. All I smell is rose. I again am a huge fan of hers but I don't wear this one too often. It lasts all day and silage is alright. I like it just not for me.

Lucky7z
Lucky7z

I got a 30ml bottle of this yesterday on clearance at Walgreens for $14.99....I like it a lot! I pick up the sweetness of marshmallow,blackberries and with hints of musk,rose and lily.

This has about a 4-5 hrs lasting power on me..it could better but I'm not complaining plus this one makes a very nice year round scent imo.

lirael00
lirael00

Very girly indeed, not too sweet. It's the lightness of this perfume that is bothering me. It's one of those perfumes that you say 'oh, this smells nice, let's see how this goes' and puff, it's gone, so it's really hard to make an opinion about it, as it has poor longevity and projection. But it sure does smell like marshmallows and rose to me. I don't regret buying it as it was very cheap, but I'm not planning to repurchase it again.

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

I'd like to buy this perfume and I wonder if it has that very unbearable marshmallow smell like D&G Femme has or is it more floral?

gabigv227
gabigv227

This is by far my favourite parfume. I love the bottle and the design. Now for the scent itself: this is definitely a sweet parfume. I think that the musk and the sandlewood keep it from getting too sweet. The rose is really suttle and nice. The lasting power is not bad for the price.

WinterWonderland
WinterWonderland

After sampling C.A by night the OH bought me the Christina Aguilera Royal Desire Gift Set 30ml EDP + 50ml Body Lotion + Satin Evening Bag - Thinking it was the same one. Unfortunately it is not. Spayed once and can tell that it is far too fresh and sweet for me :( Looking to make a swap within the UK for something along the lines of by night or Britney fantasy

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

Its' a light sugary smell. It has some bright notes that are introducted in the opening but quites down to a soft subtle sugary smell. A must try to those who like the smell of sugar cookies but in an elegant way.

ChesleyMusic
ChesleyMusic

I'm very glad that the marshmallow was undetected here... this perfume is very light but the projection is right there (but it will only last an hour to 3 hours) Rose and Cedar worked really well so it doesn't smell so GREEN and WOODY like Peace, Love and Juicy Couture. This perfume is so formal, a nice scent for a formal occasions.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

To me this is a lighter version of Curious by Britney Spears. I prefer Royal Desire over Curious, because it's too strong for me. This is perfect it's very light, like a light fluffy feeling on a blanket of clouds. I love the marshmallow smell. I think this is best for Spring days. Overall I give this perfume a 7/10.

peferrarine
peferrarine

I used to think this one as candy-sweet, but after using it for a while, i see is flowery-sweet.
The white flowers are REALLY strong on this one. So is the marshmallow. As i said in a previous review, is like a bunch of white flowers and rose-scented marshmallows mixed up.

Is actually a very nice fragrance. Not totally new, but not common either. Maybe if it weren't a celebrity fragrance, people would take their head out of their asses and notice it more (cause really, i see a lot of hate towards celebrity fragrances from people who are just plain snobs, not even concerning the scent).

Is VERY SWEET, so if you're not into sweet flowery scents, don't even try this one. Is more young than mature, more night than day.

Also, the longevity is AMAZING. It lasts more than 12 hours on my skin. Only projects at the beginning, but stays forever on your skin and clothes.

1nov
1nov

very light perfume . The lasting power is bad .. I will not repurchase .

Mrs.Hollywood
Mrs.Hollywood

I do get some marshmallow, it is very sweet. But it's also very floral. Honeysuckle dominates the fragrance, and lasts forever on my skin. It's too much for my taste.

Miriana93
Miriana93

This is very woodsy and florally. I can only smell the marshmallows as it almost evaporates off my skin. Not my favourite smell but sometimes in fall, I get the urge to use it. I really like the smell of the lotion though.

I like it, but it reminds me strongly of bubblegum. Or other children's sweets. It must be the marshmallow note!
I don't think I'd like to smell like this:)

Realtra
Realtra

This fragrance leaves me with a little indecision. I have tested it a total of three times at different periods in my life (first time under two years ago, most recently today), and when I sprayed it on my wrists today I was not in love with it. It was not offensive, but it was just nice. It did not grab me, at least not like her signature. It is soft and girly, but does not give me the urgency to buy it and add it to my collection.

In terms of longevity, I did not fully pay attention to its lasting power. The last time I really noticed it still present was when I had my sister smell it from my wrist about two hours after I sprayed from the tester at the store. It is now eight hours later from the moment I sprayed and I smell absolutely nothing, so I can at least say it lasts between 3-6 ish hours, maybe, at least on my body.

Allinug
Allinug

Awful flowery perfume. Sorry can't write something good about it. Not much of a review I know but....

SamSweet
SamSweet

From the bottle, I thought it smelled amazing. I got it and sprayed it on. Ew. It smelled awful on me! I immediately ran to wash it off. IT is VERY floral, and I'm not a big fan of floral scents. This falls on par with Coach Poppy Flower, smells like something i would NEVER wear, but wouldn't mind smelling on someone else. I really wanted to like this perfume too. :(

robori
robori

i dont get any specific fruits or flowers, its just smell like a very nice mix of all notes in a very sweet and power fragrance, one of my favorites, the base is a very soft vanilla, but the lasting power is definity not good

Voopie
Voopie

Very girly and powdery sweet :) When I want to feel extrea pink-girly-babe I wear this... the lasting power is bad, on me max 3 hours. However, this is her best one to date...

Mafalda Kearns
Mafalda Kearns

Hi guys, I'm from Portugal and here don't sell any of her perfumes, I only have it one and for me to buying it had to be in another country when I was on trip. :o

If anyone knows how can I buy any of them: the four "X Pose", the "Inspire" and the "Secret Potion", ('cause the others: "By night", "Royal Desire" and "Red sin" I'm thinking buy through the official site) so if you know how can i buy the others send me a e-mail to [email protected]

I would appreciate it

babycakesbec
babycakesbec

Love royal desire. it has the same softness as her original perfume but its slightly stronger. smells of rose but its dulled down by a subtle marshmallow scent. it isnt overly sweet. just perfect!

jmartin912
jmartin912

Absolutely adore this fragrance. I always get compliments. Some people have went out of their way just to get a couple of sniffs in.
It's too bad the sillage and longevity of this fragrance aren't that great. Not great at all. But I guess it makes up for it in the fact that it smells like heaven. I wore it to a doctors appointment this morning, actually, and the nurse kept asking to smell it.
When you first spray it, I always envision taking a BIG bite out of a huge pink marshmallow. That note comes out very strong. Which is very fortunate because who doesn't love the smell of marshmallows? That's really all I smell, to be honest. Sometimes, if I really wanna try and analyze the scent, I'll catch the roses in it. But it's the marshmallow is usually having a solo act.
Once it dries down a bit, you can really smell the marshmallow and black currant dancing around together. Giving it a tart smell. Sweet with a bit of a zing. And it stays that way. And then slowly dissipates. When it's barely left on your skin you can smell just a tad of the Virginia Cedar. And then it's gone after about, I'd say 2.5hrs.
But I expect it from a Christina Perfume. They always smell so divine, but they don't last at all.
I love this perfume, I've purchased it three times now. If you like sweet stuff, as well as fresh almost green smelling fragrances, I'd say this is for you. Also, try her Debut fragrance! It's similar to this. Just doesn't have the marshmallow.

childofvenus6
childofvenus6

I purchased the 1 fl. oz. Royal Desire Perfume about 6 mos. ago. Unfortunately, it's not one of my favorite fragrances. On a scale of 1 to 10, have to rate this one a 4. It's definitely a day-time fragrance that seems most appropriate for the Fall & Winter Seasons for it's warm notes of White Marshmallows! Royal Desire has hints & hints of rose, which I'm not fond of in perfumes. So, straight up... this fragrance does nothing for me. Sorry guys. :) I used up the perfume bottle, but I don't intend to repurchase this product.

i've been wearing this perfume for 3 days now. i can't seem to get enough of it. it's sweet from the marshamallow notes and then you get some sweet citruses also. i just love the combination of notes in this. it lasts just over 3 hrs on me, but the sillage is fantastic. it's not cloying or overwhelming, it's just a gorgeous sweetie.

Princess
Princess

This is in the same category as vera wang princess, it dosent smell the same, its sweet.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This only smells like sour citrus, and melting plastic to me.
No marshmallows, or anything cozy.
More money down the drain. Why is it so hard to find perfumes that doesn`t smell sharp and synthetic?!

fighter
fighter

Rose is very strong and really stands out. I don't know if it is just me or what, but I feel this is a little bit powdery as well.

Sorry Aguilera, this time you are not among my favorite. :)

janalednova
janalednova

"Feel like a queen" ??? More like "feel like a candy"
All of Christina's perfumes are too sweet for my taste. Can't believe that such a sexy woman is a face of such sweet perfumes. I'd expect something more spicy maybe...

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I just got this perfume and her original Christina Aguilera perfume the other day and I like this scent but I prefer the other scent more. This smells like marshmallows and honeysuckle. Very pretty but I don't think I will repurchase. Plus the lasting power of this scent is terrible! I get about an hour of lasting power with this and that definitely leaves something to be desired :/

stephanie.cheng.108
stephanie.cheng.108

I just got this through post an hour ago! Was tempted by a good deal, so decided to check out the notes. Bought it online, so I can't really smell it, but I still took a risk cause I love sweet powdery scents and MARSHMALLOW!!! I bought it as a gift set and it came with a nice clutch bag, 50ml body lotion and a 30ml EDP.

The thing is, when it arrived, it was warm. The delivery people must have left the box exposed to the sun n we all know how heat can spoil pefumes. I was too excited to wait till it's cool, so I just sprayed once on my hand.

I'm Malaysian Chinese, so the first thing that came to mind when I smelled this was WESAK day... I felt like I was transported to a temple and was showering the medium sized Buddha statue with flower water, which I would get a packet of it to later mix into my bath water as a cleansing and purification ritual.

I smelled a lot of rose, lilies and sandalwood but nothing sweet like marshmallow and berries/currant. I guess I could use this perfume whenever I visited a temple or do yoga or something spiritual, cause it would be perfect! Relaxing, peacefull and calming...

Half an hour later, I finally detected the sweetness and marshmallows on my hand. When I smell from the bottle which is now cooled, it smells simply luxurious! Absolutely perfect! It's like a ballance of spirituallity and a wealthy lifestyle... For me, it's like saying, 'U may have fame n fortune, but u r still the same down to earth person'-approachable n respected. :)

Too bad the scent doesn't last long and the sillage is weak...

For the body lotion, the smell is very creamy and powdery. Afer a few minutes, it smells really luxurious and sweet.

I feel the clutch bag would go perfectly well with a classic dress with some lace design and a ribbon. Boutique and chic... Same color as the perfume box and body lotion bottle. ME LIKE IT!!!

k.dehaas
k.dehaas

I pove it. It's soft,sweet and luxourious. Especially like it that its easy and sets close tp the skin. nice geagrance.

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

i love this perfume! i have only had a sample and now i want to buy it..very pleasant smell

celebrity89
celebrity89

A pleasant, but not earthshattering frag. It's very similar to Salvatore Ferragamo, and if I remember correctly, the original Liz Claiborne Realities from the 80's.

Sweetnsexy
Sweetnsexy

Love this! It's sweet but elegant. I think her perfumes reflect her personality, which is great!

cocodust

I am giving away my 15ml bottle to anyone in the UK. PM me if you'd like a little freebie!

mew.kitty

Does anyone else have a problem with the cap on the one ounce bottle? I bought a 30 ml to use after my 15 ml is gone. The cap for the one ounce doesn't fit so well. It doesn't lock on so to speak. I don't hear a snap or click confirming the cap is secure. It looks exactly like the cap of the smaller bottle so I'm not sure why it isn't attatching properly. Am I the only one having this problem?

Hi all,

I bought this as a gift set with body lotion and shower gel because it was cheap in a bargain store and I kinda of remembered reading good things about it.

Unfortunately, I found the actual EDP a massive disappointment. Didn't found it powdery or sweet or berries or anything, quite disliked it actually. had a funny note to it, I actually wonder if it was off or something!!

On the positive side, the body lotion and shower gel smelled lovely, really soft and sweet and nice to use. so the buy wasn't a complete waste of money!

Macy_Autumn
Macy_Autumn

This fragrance is very powdery and sweet. The marshmallow makes it very powdery and the berries and other notes make it sweet. I don't know if any of you guys notice that whenever marshmallow is in a fragrance it makes it very powdery.

mirjana.pavlović
mirjana.pavlović

Hey, you down there! Courtneycrum.
It depends on the size. Mine has a fan too. ^-^

marydoan90
marydoan90

@courtneycrum

You must have the 15ml bottle. Each bottle comes with a different charm.

15ml= fan
30ml= "CA" in a heart
50ml= royalty symbol (the one pictured)

mew.kitty

Why is the charm hanging from my bottle a fan? Can't tell what the one in the picture is, but it looks different from mine. Just wondering.

Kristinen
Kristinen

oh yes royal desire does make you "feel like a queen" but definately at day time. Great fragrance for work and studies. It's quite light but you still notice it, no doubt about that. One of Christinas best scents on my skin, and the most long lasting.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

I've bought this today ! And I LOVE it and I'm obsessed with it ! It's a delicious sweet scent , but not overwhelming!

kitten_purry
kitten_purry

Few hours ago i bought it and i love it !!

Because i was searching for this for a long time..

I ve other C.A perfumes but this is my real fav.

I didnt get very very sick sweet scene, no but i get some lovely honeysuckle and soft powder with light flowers, soooo good for me..

But this is the sad part; it is not very lasting.. Top; 2-3 hour.. You must carry in your bag to fresh yourself in daytime..

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

I tried this yesterday at boots, and i'm not sure. It's very sweet. It's nice, but maybe a little too sickly. Perfumes that i used to wear in my teens like fantasy are getting a bit too sweet and sickly and headache inducing for me now.

It is on offer for only £12.50 though, so might end up buying it lol

evacecilias
evacecilias

Haven't reviewed this. ?.....well its about time !
This is next to SJP Lovely, Spears Believe and Hilary Duffs , with Love one of few celebrity perfumes that I love !
I usually wear it in the colder season , but longed for it today sinse the sky is grey of clouds and its a little chilly. Starts with marshmallow and a yuzo fruit I dont get. The marsh- m note stayes through the heart together with a nice honeysuckle, lily roses and iris where the rose and h- suckle is the most prominent two. From the base I still fel the sugar note accomplied by cedar, sandal and musk. This is a perfume that stays a long time with you, despite the notes changing still has a certain royal desire smell through all fases. If you love it... be lucky ....
A lot of perfume in one little bottle. sweet, warm quite good sillage and longevity. Triple worth the money. I would guess that flowerbomb lovers could at least like this....
For me its been loved since first time I had it on

sw33tcookie
sw33tcookie

I literally can not smell the marshmallow at all. Which is good for me cause I don't like marshmallow's at all. It is a very good fragrance for someone who is in their early 20's. This fragrance is just fabulous , intense and last's.

ks.shim
ks.shim

I was never a perfume person, because most of them give me horrible headache or sneeze attack, so I didn't think I'd wear one, then I found Royal Desire.

I just did quick 'tester on a paper' and sniffed, and got nice light citrust scent (I didn't know there was all different stages of smell back then), sold! bought a bottle of perfume and a can of deospray.
I bought them while I was on a vacation, so I didn't bother to use the perfume, instead I used deospray first, and the smell was totally different than when I tested it at the shop, there was no citrus scent but sweet marshmellow which I loved (after that I searched online and learned "how perfume works")

Actual perfume's got light citrus scent opening which fades quick, after that sweet marshmellow smell and bit of fruitty smell, and nice musky smell at the end. although the official note state there's flowers scents but I can't smell any, maybe because I'm not an expert with perfumes.
I spray on my wrists and the scent last all day for me.

nellie95
nellie95

This is one of my favorite perfumes!

I got a sample of the perfume a couple of days ago and I absolutely fell in love with this fragrance!
I'm not a big fan of Christina's other perfumes but this one smells amazing.

At first sniff I could smell the marshmallow and the black currant - a very nice blend of sweet and fruity. I can smell the marshmallow through out the whole time but it turns to a more powdery scent which I really enjoy.

It's definitely a sweet scent, but it's not overpowering or sugary sweet.

I think that it's a great everyday scent for teens! It's a young, girly and flirty scent in my opinion. The scent last about 4 hours on me and the sillage is good.

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

I am a gourmand lover and I do not smell the marshmallows or powderiness at all in this one. It is straight floral for me. Nice, not offensive, but it isn't what I was looking for.

ZeeyDee
ZeeyDee

I get it last night as a gift, from my boyfriend. I saw it here, and the comments said that this is sweet and powdery and cute. I was very very happy about getting it, because I was looking for something like MNG Cut for Woman. Something what is powdery, nice and charming. When I get it, in the middle of the night, I sprayed it 2 times on my skin.

I can still smell it now, in the morning so it takes long, nearly 8 hours passed. But I feel sick. I have to wash it off.

For me, it is like an old woman's extraold cabinet, but not this part is the worst. This one is too sweet for me. It's sickening! I relly wanted to love it, and my boyfriend is in love with this, but I cant. I dont want to be a huge Marshmallow. I need something what is not that violent.

I have 30 ml, so I hope my opinion will change. Maybe it is too strong for me because I've never used EDP before, or I don't know about it. But I will give it an other chance. :)

vialon3
vialon3

Maybe it is the marshmellow, together with the iris that makes this work so well for me right now? That and the black currants makes this one yummy! With temperatures in the 100's, daytime is just soap and showers but during the evenings,
Royal Desire is a favorite.

stefanie.vieweg
stefanie.vieweg

In my oppinion this is the only good one out of CA´s perfumes. I really don´t like her others at all and they smell all the same to me. But this one is different.
It starts with a wonderful Marshmallow scent, kind of powdery sweet. After I while I smell Incence, but it´s not listed. Then the sandalwood comes through and it becomes a woody scent.
I would have liked more of that Marshmallow scent that´s been there at the beginning, but unfortionatly it´s completly gone in the end.
The lasting power is good and it´s really a nice scent!
I´d always rebuy this! I have the small 15ml bottle, perfect for the purse!

xoxoErin
xoxoErin

I absolutely love this perfume, it's not all that sweet which is why i love it so much. i have worn other perfumes before that makes me want to vomit because of the fruity and sweetness but not this one. this perfume is fun, flirty and i love wearing it. it's similar to by night which is why i find myself every morning debating which to wear, by night or royal desire.

sugahuni
sugahuni

Smells so sweet yet refreshing,a delight to wear. :-)

Aspendina
Aspendina

this is an ok, kind nice powdery scent but I am not in love with it or anything

chrissi.ville
chrissi.ville

Usually I don't like floral scents, but this one is something special. I fell in love with it immediately. Two days after buying, the cat threw it on the floor and that was the end of it, but I bought a new one very quickly.

I can't really describe this one. The only thing I really notice are the floral notes, but I can't identify the rest of it.

Apart from "Inspire" and "Secret Potion" I love her perfumes very much and "Royal Desire" got me hypnotised even though I don't like the flowers... wow!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I wanted to like this 'cause I like the bottle and I like other fragrances by X-tina, but it's just a same-old, same-old citrus/powder fragrance.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Royal Desire is sweet yet woody. It reminds me a lot of Twilight Woods. The dry down is nice and warm. This is much better than her original self named perfume, but I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'd purchase this fragrance.

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

It's kind of a strange story with this one..

My mom gave it to me as a gift. When I smelled it, I marked it as OK and used it a few times a week. After a few months I threw it into my drawer and forgot about it. For 5 months, this was waiting for me to use it. So, just this weekend, I'm looking through my drawer and find this. When I spray it on, I spray it on a dozen more times.

This is magical!!! So sweet and girly... On me, it smells sweet (but not too sweet) and fruity. I smell like a big fruity marshmallow :3

The lasting power is completely upsetting. So I spray it three times on my hair and five times on my skin and clothes - and only then it works. Projection - not that good either...

Smell: 11/10
Lasting power: 3/10 - for EDP could be much better..
Sillage:not sure

Bottom line: recommended for everyone who likes sweets and fruits - this is nirvana <3

residentevil808
residentevil808

smell plasticly you can smell the orange really well.

i.kinga

I got it as a Christmas gift from my brother and his wife. So I used it :) However I could never like this, nevertheless how hard I tried to do. It is just not my cup of tea. Too sweet, too powdery and annoying. I always felt that I just want to have a shower after using this. It's too loud, and not really sophisticated.
If you really - I mean REALLY :) - like super-extra sweet and powdery perfumes go for it.

lilou
lilou

I like it. It's pretty. Not too strong. Rather casual.
At first pschitt I thought it was very synthetic. Just 2 minutes later this impression disappeared. A soft marshmallow smell appeared with blackberries and honeysuckle notes (very present). It's fresh and sweet, perfect for spring or summer. Perfect for young women.
Correct lasting power.

cukikaim
cukikaim

I love it!!!!!My Favorite<3ír<3parfume!!!!:D::D:Dsweet

morfelisia
morfelisia

I've got a lot of melon and raw jasmine from this, but both are not listed in the notes. I know I didn't try something else instead. How weird!
It felt very floral compared to other two CA fragrances.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I like this one alot. I get alot of the sandalwood, musk and cedar with this plus the berries. I did not smell the marshmallow at all which kind of bummed me out but I like what I am smelling quite a bit. The dry down of this sort of reminds me a bit of Pink Sugar Sensual only sweeter.

xtinka2007
xtinka2007

i like royal desire very much. i think it's perfect for day, but if you try it at night you won't miss. very royal smell. my boyfriend likes it too :)

sebsan
sebsan

this perfume is sweet and seductive but if you put too much of it the blackberry becomes too strong . its kind of creamy musky after while but the marshmallow is always there .

Marki san
Marki san

I wore this perfume on a day that I ate something bad and got sick. The perfume made the sickness even worse due its heavy marsmallow note and its sticky sweetness. I couldnt smell this fragrance again without getting sick, so I gave it to my friend.

boussoulitsa
boussoulitsa

I wore it today officially, and I have to say I like it very very much <3
I smell the mandarin orange, blackberry, some rose, and if I'm not mistaken, honeysuckle.
It has great sillage, but the longevity is not as good.

i.kinga

It is really powdery (too powdery for me), stays close to the skin. Unfortunately it is not my cup of tea.

Rach1
Rach1

@nathalieZ I completely agree. I really like this scent but it's SO light and u have to spray a lot ot really feel like you have it on. It smells very royal though I have to add that. Many people are saying this is Day and By night mixed together. I comepletely disagree. Neither Day or Night have a marshmellow top note or marshmellow at all. The day one is warm, but Royal Desire is a thicker warm, and By Night is very deep warm (which is why it's for evening). Although each fragrance shares similar ingredients (like many OTHER fragrances do), each perfume is still diff. and unique in its own way. Like coke and pepsi are quite similar but still compltely diff. tastes overall. Overall, I adore Royal Desire and i love to wear it out, it's fun, yet sophisticated, but again, I wish it lasted longer.

takeasniff

I like Christina and I don't mind Inspire and By Night. I have been wanting Royal Desire for a long time because for everyday wear I like slightly sweet but linear perfumes. Everytime I tested this I liked it. Everytime I tried to get it the store had sold out! I finally got a little bottle they are so cheap to buy here. Now, when I wear it I feel nauseated. I am really bummed because as I said I have liked it for a long time. I get wiffs of it when I move around and it smells as it should on my skin but something is making me feel sick. I have to spray it quite hard for it to feel like I am wearing perfume. In that respect I think By Night is stronger but the chocolate in that makes me feel sick. I am beginning to wonder if gaumet perfumes just don't agree with my stomach. Nice light perfume and if you spray it a lot it lasts but it is very light not as strong as her other perfumes. I think the original has this problem as well. Hopefully her new one will smell a little stronger.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Smells ok,but a bit to "thick" if it fits ones body chemistry i guess it smells ok :) To me it isnt anything special.
But now i at leas have tried it, have been wanting to try it ever since it came.

Emma x
Emma x

On me i can really smell the blackberries and mandarin ornage, after the intial burst of fruitness, I smell a subtl amont of honeysuckle and marshamallow, which smelsl delicous!
Overalll its a really nice delicate prfume, whch you could wear anywhere and get away with it :) x

takeasniff

This smells in between By Night and the original Christina one. The marshmellow is very prominent. The berries are there for a second but dissapear and the marshmellow starts and never leaves. There is no chocolate smell in this one where as the By Night one has berries and chocolate and the original one seems to have peach and vanilla. It lasts for a couple of hrs but then has to be re sprayed. It doesn't cost a lot so I just re spray it. It is pleasant but not as sickley as Britney's Fantasy. Fantasy lasts longer and is a little more complex. I think it is a pretty perfume and I like it and would continue to buy it. If you don't overspray it then it will not offend anyone or give headaches.

nadalinica
nadalinica

This is her best perfume, but I stil dislike it. My friend has it, and it is fine on her. But not for me. It is too sweet and I think it is the classical celebrity perfume. Overly sweet and cheap.

almondcookie
almondcookie

I love this perfume but there is nothing royal about it. Royal desire is a very sweet perfume.

After I hesitated for a long time, I know bought a 15ml minibottle, because they were on sale here (also in big, but I like to start with the smallest, especially when it comes to drugstore scents). The first notes still remind me a little of Armani Idole but that fades away quickly. Then it's just a nice fruity oriental. It's a fun scent but nothing special. What I find disturbing is that it is gone after 1 hour. So I'm glad I only have a mini-bottle and again I'm disappointed in drugstore scents.

Piratka
Piratka

I agree with not bad. Definitely the best from her perfumes. Smells luxuriously ;)

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Not bad. Way better than the original and Ispire. Inoffensive, quite ok sweet floral.

This is so far the only Aguilera perfume I like. It's a nice warm scent with a big fruity note. The lasting power is not so good and I also do not like Christina Aguilera. It's always difficult with celebrity perfumes, when you don't like the celebrity :)

lizzie81
lizzie81

I just got this today on a whim as i found it really cheap and i actually really like it! I'm not a particular Christina Aguilera fan and not too keen on her other fragrances (they are just ok, been done kind of thing) but this one i feel is quite unique. Well it's unique for my collection. It's like fresh, luxurious baby powder. It really is a skin scent. On first spray i get vanilla and a hint of fruit, then it quickly dries down to sweet vanilla (not my favourite part of the scent) then a lovely dry down of baby powder and vanilla. Yum good enough to eat and i'm not a sweet perfume fan usually. A personal, sexy fragrance. Although vanilla is not listed in the official fragrance notes, i smell strong vanilla (or vanillary scent) all the way through from top note to dry down. There is also something which smells like Royal jelly somewhere in there. Pleasantly surprised with this one. I think it's one of those comforting smells u could spray before bed!

Mareseis
Mareseis

I liked Christina's first fragrance, but had mixed feelings about By Night and Inspire. Then Royal Desire came, and I was instantly smitten. I can't put my finger on it, but on my skin this perfume is both refreshing and sweet without being sporty or juvenile.
It's suitable for every weather, according to me, but then I have worn Burberry Brit all winter so no wonder this one feels like a fresh breeze.

I get the white marshmallow note the most, and it's wonderful without being cloying. It's being followed by the blackberry, and on me this is what creates the refreshing yet sweet smell.

In a few words, Royal Desire is a great composition of easy to wear ingredients.

Norgirl
Norgirl

I tryed this in the shop today its a very very sweet and tender perfume to me , to sweet and airy . i us to like that sort of smell but this one is to simpel for my taste. i so wanted to like it :(

romrom
romrom

It's such a beautiful scent, but too bad it lasts about 10 minutes on me

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

I love it! I have always been a big fan of her and her fragrance line so of course i was going to test it... I find Royal Desire to be a mixture between Curious and M by Mariah Carey....the textured marshmallow is absolutely gorgeous...a must have for any stylish lady!

Once upon a time I used to adore anything sweet. These days the thought of marshmallows in a fragrance makes me cringe a little.

I really disliked Christina Aguilera's signature fragrance and Inspire, yet I found By Night much easier to stomach yet a blatant rip-off of Dior's Hypnotic Poison. I find this fragrance, Royal Desire far too sugary and fruity, like a tartier version of Mariah Carey's M.

Royal Desire hit me straight away with its fluffy, sweet marshmallows and jammy berries. I think I may have said "yuck!" out loud when I was in the store.

After some time the development does show some promise, however the marshmallows do tend to cling to the skin. Royal Desire becomes considerably warmer and more floral as the scent progresses, however it becomes more predictable too.

Towards the drydown I felt that this fragrance fell flat. Once the muskiness came through, the combination was pretty much sugar and musk.

The lasting power is so-so, and the sillage is fairly moderate. I can't say that Christina Aguilera has managed to impress me with any of her perfumes. She has an impressive voice, but the same can't be said of Royal Desire I'm afraid.

crakky
crakky

How can you, people, say that this is not an original fragrance? Are you kidding me? When i saw the tester lying in a small shelf at B&B, my legs just MELT! It was love of the first smell (or sight) ...so i told my parents that i HaVE TO HAVE IT! It is a MUST-HAVE in my collection...i have the another 2 perfumes of Christina's line: the original one, and By night...i don't like inspire so much...just because it isn't Christina at all! I mean...the smell...is very fresh and floral...but light, too...just like someone put water in my empty Inspire bottle....it is not the ordinary smell of vanilla that Christina puts in every perfume that she owns...

Whatever...this scent is one of the most delicious fragrances i've ever tried...Royal Desire, By night and Midnight Fantasy....my really 3 favourite perfumes...that i will ALWAYS LOVE, without being bored by the smells...

Malibu
Malibu

I'm not a huge fan of the Christina Aguilera brands perfumes, but found last year's By Night pleasant, low priced and easy to find [pleasant as in comforting and easy to wear, but not anything original that I'd call a must-own].

Anyway; As the listed ROYAL DESIRE scent notes sounded like a combination between the ingredients used in Christina Aguilera and By Night I thought it'd be worth a try, so I collected several days worth of tester vials for a test...

When I first apply this the only note I smell is a lightly powdered vanilla note topped with extra sugar [white marshmallow] - it takes a few minutes for the blackberry to develop and when it does it is short-lived. I didn't pick up on any mandarin, which is a shame. I do love vanilla notes but it seems flat and therefore boring here.

The vanilla is strong enough to last throughout the whole fragrance and coupled with the rose notes it creates something similar to Turkish Delight, so the fragrance remains very sweet. The rose is the strongest note, but I can clearly make out the lily too and what I think is the slightest hint of honeysuckle [but since I knew to look for it I might just be kidding myself]. I can't find any reliable sources that clarify which 'herbs' are used but I can't make out even the slightest hint of anything other then the listed florals.

There is no strong indication between the heart notes and the base, thanks to the ever-present vanilla. The sandalwood and musk are mingled closely together so it is a warm and creamy mix - combined with the lingering vanilla and you get the same general feel as the top and heart. I can't detect any cedar-wood.

The lasting power is the same as the previous Christina Aguilera fragrances = pretty bad for a EDP; It burns down within four hours and becomes close to the skin after one.

The vanilla, mild fruits and florals, paired with the warm musk and sandalwood in the base mean that this is a perfect choice for autumn/winter, whilst the fact that the fragrance is close to the skin means that the sweetness is soft enough to still appeal in spring/summer.

I think that this is best suited to daytime wear; both casual use and work. I personally think that it's too quiet for nights out, but I suppose it depends on what you have planned.

The easiest way to describe ROYAL DESIRE is as a mix of Christina Aguilera and By Night; It combines the mild fruits and florals of the former with the soft, warm, oriental feel of the latter.

Much better than her first Christina Aguilera [which is too watered down], but it can't be described as original; it reminds me of a few other fragrances. But as this is a 'celeb' release it is less expensive than most of its scent-a-likes, so it's worth trying out.

As it's already similar to perfumes I already own, I won't buy it myself, although it's nice enough that I would wear it if it were given to me as a gift. I also think that it would be a safe gift choice for someone, as it's easy to wear and none of the notes are strong enough to be disagreeable.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Edible, funny, light fragrance. It's soft, airy sweetness won't offend anyone, such a girly perfume. Might be too girly for some. Anyways, I kinda like it, it has some floral feeling to t too and doesn't smell too sweet or too chemical.

Liina
Liina

I bought Royal Desire after testing it one day. My boyfriend liked it and so I wanted to have it.
It's pretty sweet. First sniff is full of berries. But second later it gets sweeter when the marshmallows come out. And this sweetness stays even with the musky-woody base notes. The floral notes never really stand out, this perfume is mostly about sugary marshmallows and musk. But I like it. I can't pass a fragrance knowing it has a marshmallow note in it. And Royal Desire is my favorite of those that I have had the chance to sniff.
The other thing is with its name. It's not royal, it's more of a young and playful scent. And it's definately not a desire-perfume, unless they consider it as a desire for sugar. But I doubt it after watching the ad.

guest_easy
guest_easy

sounds awesome but I hope it's gonna be different than by day and by night cuz they were basically the same :( her first one was the best. didn't like the round one very much. but now i can't wait for this one. christina is the queen! <3

jonr951
jonr951

I actually like the bottle and the notes. The name isn't doing anything for me but who cares?! It's Christina and I love her! I have Inspire and will someday soon have Christina Aguilera, By Night and Royal Desire. I love marshmallow and blackberry so I just know I'm going to love it! This one actually sounds better to me than any of her previous fragrances. I hope it is available at her online store in the US. I don't think any of her scents are going to be released in retail stores in the US so I'll have to purchase it unsniffed. I ADORE u X! : )

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Christina Aguilera Royal Desire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Christina Aguilera Royal Desire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Royal Desire by Christina Aguilera. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Royal Desire by Christina Aguilera represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.