Designers » C » Chypre « Groups

Eau Dynamisante Clarins for women and men

Eau Dynamisante Clarins for women and men
dislike

Eau Dynamisante by Clarins is a Chypre fragrance for women and men. Eau Dynamisante was launched in 1987. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Courtin-Clarins. Top notes are orange, coriander, caraway, amalfi lemon and petitgrain; middle notes are rosemary, carnation, cardamom and thyme; base note is patchouli.

Orange Coriander Caraway Amalfi Lemon Petitgrain

Eau Sauvage

Eau Dynamisante Fragrance Reviews

Miyuki
Miyuki

I found a small bottle of this. I normally don't like fresh scents but this one sounded interesting and I like chypres.

This is more than just fresh, it's also spicy. Warm spicy to be exact. Very unique to find a fragrance that's both fresh and warm. I think this would be amazing on a summer day! A big 'like'

Penny Urn'd
Penny Urn'd

How odd that this "dynamic" fragrance has a calming effect on me! But it does, at least once the citruses have had their say (they only last about 30 minutes or so). Then I'm left with a marvelous, herbal-fresh patchouli that I cannot stop sniffing. Yet, somehow, despite the freshness, I find it deeply relaxing, mellowing into a skin scent that lasts about four hours.

The SA must not be a fan because she stiffly referred to it as "very unusual" before telling me her boyfriend prefers the "jardin" fragrance. If she was trying to scare me away from a gorgeous patchouli, she failed. It's a winner.

Pixie1104
Pixie1104

An old favourite, timeless classic, one to wear anywhere and anytime but especially in the summer and especially to travel, and especially at the airport / on the plane!

Or maybe that's just me :)

Love layering with the shower and body products and also love to use this as a room / linen spray.

nise
nise

I love this perfume. As somebody else said, it is one I keep going back to over and over again. I love its fresh, clean, sharp, sweet, and sensual scent. It's what I spray when I need refreshing and revitalising after a hard night drinking lol, or when I am not in the mood for deep, dark and mysterious. A very clear uplifting scent. I have had the same bottle for the past 10 years displayed on my dresser but away from direct light, it has lasted extremely well in its classic yet simple dark red glass bottle.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I had this one last year and now I placed an order on Strawberrynet for Eau Dynamisante Body Coffret, whichis 34% off these days. I tried the body lotion before, but thought that shower gel, shampoo and conditioner plus few extra products, sounds good!

beautydiva
beautydiva

One of my favorite unisex fragrances!
Light, fresh, uplifting, aromatic. I use now the bottle bought from strawberry since 1 year ago and the smell is the same.
A perfect accessory for work. Not too strong, makes you full of energy and headache is gone quickly.
Typical day sent, can be used all year.
When I wonder too much which perfume to chose it is the perfect solution:)

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

This stuff is so good. If it was packaged differently it would be a huge favourite, I reckon.

The presentation is healthy/sporty/no-nonsense - all the kinds of ideas I instinctively avoid in a fragrance.

The juice, though, is a very beautiful and sophisticated chypre. It reminds me a little of Azuree, but with less in-your-face strength. Azuree does tend to shout, while Eau Dynammisante talks in an low, charming voice. Personally I don't see it as masculine at all, but then I don't necessarily associate sweetness or florals with femininity.

These fragrances make me think of summer and the mediterranean. Citrus fruit, herbs, sunshine, a fresh breeze. What could be lovelier?

bobo1

z = z -"- Z-anzibar
ante = antt -"- ant-agonist

kristina.l.myers
kristina.l.myers

Does anyone know if this fragrance has been updated? The Clarins website lists that there is a note of white tea and includes aloe vera, as in the 25th Anniversary 'Eau De Couer' edition, but it doesn't list the white tea note or aloe vera on this page?

I don't think it smells too masculine, though very herbal. To me, it smells very much like walking into a Lush store, with all the essential oils and herbal smells. Lovely.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

This is a classic - a great fresh, lemony, herbal scent for everyday. I've had this on and off for years and I never get sick of it. But I still can't pronounce the name properly!

Girlnextdior93
Girlnextdior93

Have used this off and on for years until five years ago when i discovered it had another purpose. I Love the fragrance as it reminds me of when I first met my husband. and it is a great Mozzi repellant. On holiday I love to use the foaming mouse, body lotion and spray - I feel really pampered when use it. I also take small bottle out with me for tops ups in cse any of my little friends are buzzing about. So no bites and I smell and feel wonderful. Yes it doesn't last very long but it isn't a hugely expensive perfume.

FrancesAnne
FrancesAnne

Clean, fresh, fun and uplifting. An everyday fragrance that really does make you feel good. Sweet and sharp, perfect harmony. Very slightly like a sweet aftershave but still a perfume. Really enjoy wearing this.

Gilbo
Gilbo

I feel this is probably the quintessential unisex fragrance, with some lovely 'feel good' properties. Not something that makes me want to take on the World when I wear it - more like hide away, put cucumbers on my eyes and rest up for a bit :)
Nice to have in the fragrance wardrobe, but not something I would rush out to buy if my budget was limited. I also noticed the sillage was very low, and the longevity weak. Certainly no-one other than myself would ever have known I was wearing it!

Teresa1019
Teresa1019

So glad that Clairns made the best out of this amazing fragrance -> shower mousse and body lotion, they are so awakening for all seasons!

Love

Molliepops
Molliepops

I went through a phase of liking this fragrance a few years ago, I found it light and refreshing. However, after a bottle or two, it reminded me of men's aftershave. Its more suitable as a room fragrance in my opinion, it smells like an expensive spa!

I much prefer Clarins des Jardins, which is a summery floral scent, its more feminine.

calyx93

The perfect pre/post-flight refresher/tonic. Calms and uplifts before departure and temporarily banishes fatigue and freshens stale clothes & hair upon arrival.

freddinos
freddinos

Upon first sniff: is this a men's cologne/aftershave? It might as well be! Unlike other invigorating aromatic sprays (Aroma Tonic, Eau Svelte etc) Eau Dynamisante feels way too citrus-chypre-aromatic, and ends up too masculine for my taste. It sure has an invigorating effect, but I would have preferred it with a few feminine notes added to its composition. Not for me, thankfully I didn't blind buy a whole bottle off eBay as they can be found for really cheap.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I agree with the post below, not only is it masculine, it's aftershave-like in a generic way that recalls Brut!

I offered it to my male friend who declined on the grounds it was 'too aftershavey'.

It is dynamic though, maybe if you want to wake yourself up, go for a jog and jump up and down for no particular reason it'll be just the ticket. It's very dry-woody and sharp herbal.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

I have a very strange relationship with Eau Dynamisante. I find the 1st hour to be very masculine on my skin, reminds me of a classic aftershave lotion. The dry down on the other hand it just perfect! It is greens and spices on my skin! I love it. Quite a dilemma this is!

truffles
truffles

The carnation totally spoils this for me, what a shame, would be absolutely perfect without it.

RobbieX

Shame this wasn't a little stronger but it's simply a gorgeous citrus.

cinsot
cinsot

A wardrobe staple for over twenty years. I can't survive an Australian summer without it. I have everything that opens and shuts in this line thanks to Santa who keeps me in steady supply of all things ED.

For those devotees who struggle with longevity (I agree it can be rather short-lived on its own) I recommend you try the Shower Mousse followed by the Satin Finish Body Oil finishing with generous handfuls of the Splash applied to your decolletage and the back of your neck.

I cannot identify specific notes, I've been using it far too long. ED is an experience, a feeling of well-being and sooo synonymous with summer, the beach, coastal living and of course Christmas!

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

An utterly beautiful masculine-biased unisex fragrance that is marred by exceptionally short longevity. I would say the concentration is below eau de cologne...the Macy’s counter person said that she uses it as a hand sanitizer!!! If you look at the Clarins website, Eau Dynamisante accomplishes what it sets out to do—a revitalizing, invigorating spray that promotes a feeling of wellbeing. I can vouch that you’ll certainly feel fresh.

If you want increased longevity and you like oranges more than lemons, I heartily recommend Hermes Concentre d`Orange Verte. Concentre can actually last all day with the right moisturizer on your skin—you’ll get even better performance by spraying on your clothing too.

**************** Amendment *************
Hermes’s Concentré de Pamplemousse Rose is even closer to Eau Dynamisante. Accords are more prominent—3D—in Pamplemousse than in Eau Dynamisante and therefore much more enjoyable. Hermes costs more money but you’ll make up for it in fabulous sillage and longevity.

*********************************************

But back to Eau Dynamisante—its beautiful, but way to short lived. 4711 lasts about as long.

Enjoy :-)

Mollydelovely
Mollydelovely

I need to buy a bottle of Eau Dynamisante as I keep 'borrowing' it off my sister! This is the perfect unisex scent as I love wearing it but would also love to smell this on a man. I'm a big fan of Lush and to me Eau Dynamisante belongs in the same vein as Lush scents like the Olive Branch and Karma.

ananya20
ananya20

How much I love thee!
I was always a safe perfume lover. But everything changed after meeting Eau Dynamisante!

People around me are always asking what that fantastic smell is. It's fresh, a little masculine in a very sexy sporty french way and it's lasts long. A lovely chypre.

cyprusmum
cyprusmum

A true champion in the Clarins range. Wake me up before you go,go! Definitely one for the summer hols. It's the only thing for me that is sensitive enough not to bring on heat rash.
A totally uplifting and invogorating smell. A few spritzes of this stuff and you instantly feel awake and refreshed. It's not too heavy and cloying and it's just the sort of thing you might need in your bag to pep you up! Go try it, you won't be sorry!

amelie
amelie

Really strong, long ago I had a bottle and I was actually surprised that mist may have strength of a perfume. I always wandered what kind of composition it was cause it's so complex. Perhaps a bit old-fashioned and more like a cologne for men.

Gabriela
Gabriela

Eau Dynamisante, I want you in my Collection!

I got to try this awesome fragrance when I was a little girl, my Mom wore it and I can still remember how it smells.

It is perfect for warm weather and it has a cool heart... It smells like lemons and oranges with a slightly cologne for men feel to it, but it's still wearable for a woman. It is mainly citrus, but it has an airy and watery feel to it, that is very Zen-like.

I remember a flowery note, but I'm not sure if it was the rosemary or the carnation. I got no stinky patch from it, for those of you who don't like it, I do, but I didn't get a whiff of it in Eau Dynamisante.

I want to buy a full bottle of this, it is amazingly zesty, with a cool breath of citruses and coriander. When it touches your skin it doesn't feel cold as alcohol feels, instead it feels like fresh water and you want to slather more and more, 'cause it feels like you are taking a refreshing bath...

If I remember correctly it doesn't have a spray nozzle, so you slather this, and it is incredibly gentle on delicate skin, even with citrics included...

I love this! I don't care if it doesn't last long, it is more of a skin scent for your own enjoyment...

saguna
saguna

As somebody said before, it's very masculine, or even aromatherapy fragrance. I own L'occitane Vetyver and I can say it's exactly the same scent when it gets dry. I don't see vetyver in the notes, but I am sure there is.

It doesn't give me this effect of refreshing or aromatherapy work, no way.

Sillage - 6/10

Grottola
Grottola

Seriously one of the most beautiful fragrances ever made.

While it's not a complex full-blooded chypre or a giant oriental that takes you on a wild adventure, Eau Dynamisante satisfies in its beautiful simplicity. It's a slightly more complex take on the classic citrus Eau de Colognes, with a big neroli note to help settle it in that category. What sets this one apart is what smells an awful lot like hedoine, a synthetic, balmy, neroli-like material famously used by Edmond Roudnitska in Eau Sauvage. It has an aroma sort of like watermelons, or wet human skin, and that gives Eau Dynamisante a bit of similarity to Eau Sauvage. However, what also sets Eau Dynamisante apart is an accord that matches the bottle itself; a plus, "red", citrus-neroli-hedoine smell that's very vibrant and plush, like a red carpet or blanket enveloping you. The other key player here is rosemary.

Eau Dynamisante doesn't last TOO long (5 hours at the most), but just like most classic Eaux, it's meant to be a treatment fragrance - therapeutic, as part of one's bathing regimen. And, to give Clarins some credit, it does smell pretty natural. It's very soothing and uplifting at the same time, and boy I'll tell you, if you enjoy alcohol, then this is what you'll want as your "morning after" fragrance.

I was first introduced to Eau Dynamisante years ago when my mom wore it; now time has caught up and I wear it myself. A wonderful unisex fragrance for everyone that still smells just as good as it ever did.

Peachply
Peachply

I love this, always a fave of mine. It is a bit masculine but in a natural way that I don't mind. It makes me feel powerful, confident and somewhat in control...go figure!

instantjim
instantjim

I picked up a 100ml of this with a 250ml body lotion for $20 on a clearance table for my wife. I love it, so does she. Lemony, herbaceous and woody best describes it. I would easily wear this myself as it is reminiscent of YSL pour Homme, though lighter. A great unisex fragrance, which is somewhat short-lived on the skin, but very beautiful nevertheless.

chanchita
chanchita

I like this frag but consider it a 'pick me up' rather than a scent. I find it refreshing and stimulating but not long lasting. I tend to put it on after a quick shower in the morning when I'm tired and in a hurry somewhere. It serves a purpose and I like it but that's it. Later in the day I usually put on a 'proper' perfume. Saying that, when I do apply Dynamisante I love taking big gulps of it to wake me up and refresh my senses!

madamesinn
madamesinn

A repeat purchase over the years, it is undoubtedly the fragrance which I use most liberally and in place of Eau de Guerlain, a habit which was becoming too indulgent...
I have put it on today in response to feeling sluggish and, over the years, it has undoubtedly prompted the most insistent enquiries and subsequent imitation: I understand this as due to the mood shift in those who then race out for their own bottle.
(aka rosembloom)

rosembloom
rosembloom

How I crave that eye-opening fragrance! At Mc-Gill University, a girl wore this in one of my class and everyone could smell Eau Dynamisante. It had this lovely effect on me: I could concentrate better with all that citrus, coriander and rosemary floating in the air. So... i went and bought one for myself! What a morning treat for my mind, body and soul! I felt so clean and fresh, revitalised and ready for a full day of studying. I wish i still had some.. This will be on my wishlist! Good day all!

katiushka
katiushka

I’m not in love with this fragrance, but I respect it. I use it on mornings when I feel particularly tired and unable to function – I find that it keeps me awake and focused; I don’t even need to drink my usual morning tea! That being said, I do prefer to smell a bit more feminine on days when I can keep my eyes open for more than 3 minutes at a stretch :-)

lizainterpres
lizainterpres

Ok, I've been wearing this one for a while and I must say that it's true that it is a superb aromatherapy scent but its sillage and longevity are below average.

I guess it would be unfair to compare Eau Dynamisante with classic perfumes because it is 100% natural, all the ingredients are named on the packaging, and those are extracts of plants. It is strange that there is no mysterious "perfume" ingredient on the list, which means that this is not a Perfume but a well-being product with wonderful smell.

The actual fragrance is very good, it's awakening and addictive. Fortunately, I have no "old man" associations because I grew up in a country where men used to shun such sophisticated fragrances and they were not even marketed for men.

diddyscafe
diddyscafe

My signature fragrance. I have been looking at this since it first came out and now I wear this almost daily. Perfect for hot, humid weather. It makes me feel like I've just showered. I have a huge 1000ml (yes, you read that right... 1000ml!!!) on reserve in the fridge. Scent lasts forever, top quality.

melbritt24
melbritt24

Thanks to member, candymarie, I have a lovely 100mL collector's bottle of this sent!

It is refreshing, soothing, light and unisex. Nice spritzed on before bed to soothe and lull you into sleep, or for casual days.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

To smell from the bottle suggests more female than male

Initial spray = Strong and more of a female spray for 10 mins. Thereafter a classic Masculine smell...

It is added to the collection, I can wear this comfortably, I like most smells and the benefits of variety and change means it will be worn happily, though not a favourite and a smell from an older time

Got it for £2 from local charity shop - Full bottle of 100 ML 2007 Collector edition with different bottle, can't complain

seagreen55
seagreen55

Ohhhh...yum! Not too masculine but not flowery, either. Fresh, a nice, subtle but definite spice, and long-lasting!

Insolent
Insolent

Often copied but the proper Clarins version is perfectly blended. Perfect for summer days and evenings. The citrus and woody notes are also natural insect repellants and this is one of the few perfumes it is safe to wear in direct sunlight on your skin without risk of it reacting on your skin and causing permanent pigmentation marks.

Fresh and zesty but not in a sickly, teen perfume way with a subtle sexy smoulderingness appearing underneath.

The other Clarins perfumes are also very pleasant and similarly less harsh on the skin but this is my favourite.

Having heard soooo MUCH about this fragrance from not only members here, but also having heard it referred to as a point of reference in reviews by everyone from Marlen (our own 'perfumecritic') to Chandler Burr and then that other guy (what's his name, again? Luca something??), I just HAD to smell this and see (for myself, once and for all) what all the hubbub was about!

Treatment Fragrance? What on Earth...?!? *sniffs wrist* Ooooh, now I see! Somewhere between perfume, aromatherapy and Nature itself lies CLARINS Eau Dynamisante. The back of the box for my 15 ml EDT says these are among the included ingredients: aloe leaf juice, eleuthero ginseng extract, ginger root extract, panax ginseng extract and also these very mysterious sounding extracts...devil's claw, horsetail and desert indian wheat!

ALL of these herbs, plants and extracts are quite stimulating and very beneficial (devil's claw, for example, is as powerful for the treatment of arthritis pain and inflammation in scientific studies as manmade Vioxx is) and it is no wonder cinsot is strapping on armor and charging into battle! There are some synthetic molecules here, as well, but also the (always mysterious and never really quite defined)"parfum/fragrance". Therein, lies the magic!

Inside a gorgeous zesty lemon essence and a bright sweet juicy orange lie warm caraway and cool corriander, creating a perfectly balanced water/fire energy from pungent and aromatic seeds, while remaining bright and fresh. The heart becomes a bit more "bold" with rosemary, smooth and spicy cardamom and a very dry carnation...these three notes become something amazingly soapy on me, and give me that just washed "clean as a baby" feeling without making me feel childish or weak. This is somewhere between amazing and out of this world for me! The drydown, when it finally gets around to it, becomes somewhat more dark and raw and very peculiar indeed. From brightly fresh and well-balanced, to clean and green, becoming earthy and raw; ED truly does runs the gamut. I do not know exactly what this is supposed to "treat", but I imagine no matter how bad you felt, physically OR emotionally Eau Dynamisante would definitely "pick you up"! It sure has lifted my spirits, and I was pretty darn happy to start with...

Sillage: quite good
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 4.25/5

My first thought on sniffing this was OH GREAT! Yet another citrus aromatic *yawns*...then an aromatic green "soapy" scent *sighs with happiness* then it's just something really natural smelling and "feeling". Dynamic Water? YES, without a doubt! This "perfume" (that word's almost an insult to its therapuetic properties) is truly "magical"; not that it makes me think of Disney characters or witches around some bubbling cauldron...BUT because it takes natural and synthetic components and weaves them into something that does cause real change in a postive way.

Haven't tried this scent yet? Feel depressed or just "off"? Go ahead, have a sniff of this, even wear it for a couple hours...I just know after that (whether you actually "like" the scent or not) you will feel better. And, if you do not feel "better" you will definitely feel different...change is good, and change this does!

*A special thanks to the Fragrantica member who gifted this wonderful elixir to me, along with a CLARINS facial masque...you know me SO well!* ;)

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Too strong and masculine to me...they gave me this fragrance,many years ago, but i didn't like, i gave it to my mother who loved this kind of perfumes

etmpewo
etmpewo

Yes, it's true: It's a bit weird to call this a perfume. But what a great fragrance to be around! It makes you feel happy. The words holiday, summer, care-free, energetic all apply to this fragrance.
I'm on my 2nd bottle :-)

Siv55
Siv55

This confuses me. To my nose it just smells like a fougere, and also very similar to whatever cologne or aftershave my grandad wore. Purports to be a chypre for woman but I'm not convinced. At all! I don't mind what it wants to be as long as it's happy. I'll call it Susan if it wants but I think it's genetically male..
I think I actually quite like it but I'm too scared to wear it out of the house because I'm not secure enough as a woman to go around smelling like a bloke..

As for being a "treatment" fragrance, what's it supposed to treat?

RobbieX

A fresh, light zingy citrus - very nice. Trouble is, it doesn't last long.

Convict13
Convict13

Everytime I smell this it takes me back to Christmas Day 1991, when I received my first bottle. Sporty, woodsy, outdoorsy, but refined, classic and classy.

ducktuck
ducktuck

I have a 3.4 oz new bottle if anyone is interested.
This is just a little too masculine for me. It reminds me very much so of an oil that my dad once wore (wood spice by sunshine oils), which may be the only reason that it feels like a mens fragrance to me. It is however pleasant and non offensive. Soft, woody musk.

calyx93

Zingy, fresh, classic, revitalizing - I've loved this versatile juice for years now. It's the perfect "I don't know what to wear" scent - it can go from casual to dressy, all with an unobtrusive, effortless and highly pleasurable mood.

It sits proudly alongside the other classic eau de colognes (Eau Sauvage, Eau Imperiale, Monsieur Balmain, etc.) and is easily as good as any other from the great fragrance houses.

Men - if you like the traditional EDC style, this needs to be in your collection.

candymarie
candymarie

Excellent aromatherapeutic product, with all the traditional notes of that genre.

Is it fine perfume? Nope, not at all.

ChouliGaloria
ChouliGaloria

I just finished up my bottle and I decided to write a quick review.
Eau Dynamisante is a wonderful therapy scent! Can be worn all year round. Uplifts mood and smells vibrant. Helps you get through the winter blues. Fresh and citrus and a little bit spicy and it smells great on people. Not an overpowering scent, at all. Men and women can spritz away with this *treatment* scent! Spray it the air too. Why not? The red bottle is perfect.
I've been using Eau Dynamisante on and off through the years since it first came out in 1987. I probably have used up 4 bottles over the course of those years. I will buy it again in the future, I'm sure.

mery09
mery09

I don't consider this a perfume,for me is a terapy scent.In every mornig I put this scent on my wrist so I can smell this all morning.It make me feel full of life,optimistic.A very fresh scent,herbal,unisex.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I didn't expect to like this scent, but out of curiosity sprayed it on. I got an energizing and uplifting herbal-lemon set of top notes, which became quite addictive! (Fortunately, I didn't specifically experience much coriander, carnation, or cardamom from the composition, since these notes usually clash with my chemistry.)

My only complaint is that the fragrance is short-lived on my skin, and what was left of the base notes after the top had faded away was somewhat of a bitter and bland woody note (which I have recently determined to be caraway). I felt very little patchouli in this fragrance.

Still, for the wonderfully therapeutic experience of the top notes, I think I could choose to interpret the emergence of the base notes as my cue to reapply!

Elfies
Elfies

What a wonderful splash of energy this scent is... putting it from the morning keeps me energised and very joyful. I dont know if this is because of the wonderful fresh citrus coming through or herbal tint of the rosemary but I love it.

mjqueen
mjqueen

i did not like this scent but i respect it.... The discussion about this fragrance got me intrigued in other peoples sense of smell and general olfactory experiences. I disliked it so much but a woman at work absolutely adored it so we started talking about perfumes. I had not bought a bottle in years. I bought a bottle then came across this site and looked up the notes in all the perfumes i like. I printed the notes of this fragrance and took it to the lady at work who loves it and she read it and was interested because she always carries a bottle of patchouli on her (being the base of this) and loves cooking smells spices and herbs too. We started laughing saying THE NOSE KNOWS which it really does. Not for floral fruity lovers like me but still a quality unusual fragrances

imoore
imoore

HI,
I would agree that this one is an unisex perfume.

It has some sort of aftershave like notes like the cardamon and caraway.
Maybe this is why it makes you feel very confident.
Hi guys any opinions?

I have been wearing a lot of chypre perfumes these cold winter nights, and it occurred to me that my very first chypre was Clarins EAU DYNAMISANTE, although it does not fit the standard profile of either chypre floral or chypre fruity perfumes familiar to me. Instead, ED is opens as a very bracing aromatic fragrance, with lemon and caraway standing out immediately.

EAU DYNAMISANTE is marketed as a "body treatment fragrance," but it is really as much of a jolt to one's mind as to one's body, serving to invigorate and uplift the wearer. I used to spray this all over my body after every single bath. If the intense opening lasted longer than it takes to get dressed, ED would probably be too much to wear as a perfume. Happily, the fragrance settles down, leaving only a faintly floral-caraway-clean patchouli behind, one which will complement any other chypre, it seems to me. In fact, I think I'll test that hypothesis shortly...

I have consumed about ten gallons of EAU DYNAMISANTE, probably more than all of the others combined, and I still love it! When Dior's EAU SVELTE was discontinued, I started to worry that the fate of EAU DYNAMISANTE would be the same, so I began stockpiling this treasure, of which a couple of bottles still remain. Needless to say, I highly recommend this fragrance. It is bright and sharp, but Clarins uses all natural ingredients and essential oils, so there is no cause for fear that the sharpness might be due to sci-fi secret agents... Spray on!!!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

this is lovely stuff for the summer. I used to wear it to work (I'm a nurse) and it gave the clean, energising lift that I was looking for.

belletresor
belletresor

I used to wear this in my 20's....it literally made me feel like laughing whenever I sprayed it on!! It just has such an uplifting vibe - I LOVE it!! Over the years I had forgotten all about this little gem, but now I will have to hunt some down.

I am a person who absolutely LOVES a natural, earthy scent, so the "herbal" nature of this does not turn me off at all, but rather the opposite.

I agree with odiliamaria: fresh and sensual are great adjectives to describe Eau Dynamisante. I also agree it is more of a personal scent in that only the wearer (and perhaps someone really, really close to her) can truly notice it.

Years ago, I used to work for Aveda which is a haircare/skincare/makeup company that uses only natural, organic plant essences for the ingredients and fragrances in their products. While I no longer work for them, I can tell you that I learned from that experience how legitimate the art and science of aromatherapy is and that NATURAL plant fragrances really have a huge effect on our moods and physical bodies!! There has been a lot of research on this, plus I can tell you from personal experience. To this day, I still use Aveda because I can't stand how other synthetically-fragranced hair and skincare products smell (Lookin' at you, TIGI). I used to love Clarins for the same reason.

In my experience, there seem to be two types of "fragrance people": those that like Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works scents.....and those who don't. If you would place yourself in the "don't" category, then you might just like a fresh, natural scent such as Eau Dynamisante and you might even find it gives you unexplained feelings of giddyness when you inhale it!

TLR
TLR

When I tested this one, I incautiously sprayed it on my wrist. Bad idea. I have never disliked a perfume as much as this one... To me, it smelled too much like herbs; organic, if not even medical. Made me think of an elderly women with too many cats...

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

This is fresh uplifting aromatic fragrance.It makes you feel happy and refreshed.Its great for hot summer days and its inoffensive.

A very aromatic and sensual fragrance. Eau Dynamisante took me by surprise.

I always avoided trying the Clarins range because of the bottles which looked like they contained makeup remover or toner fluid rather than perfume. What shocked me was the high quality of this fragrance.

This fragrance is fresh, spicy and woodsy, perfect for wear in the warmer months.

The opening that consists of lively citrus and herbaceous coriander and caraway, blends together beautifully. During the drydown, before the big patchouli finale, I hinted something that smelt rather like Indian cuisine, rich and spicy.

Patchouli is what rounds off Eau Dynamisante. The patchouli is very appealing to my nose as it has a slightly musty feel to it and it lasts on the skin for ages.

I really love the way in which Eau Dynamisante transforms from a bright and lively citrus scent to a rich, spicy, earthy and musty patchouli. This is a scent that transcends beyond being unique and ventures into a world where a fragrance can be many scents all in one.

andrew85
andrew85

incredible fresh,, you smell like you have been taken a bath, clean, clean, clean.......... perfect for summers days...

I used to wear it back in time when it firsat came out. It sememd an easy scent, not a loud sensual one (my faves!) for a young student. It was fresh, aromatic, boosting and soothing, very delicate on skin. I used to carry a sample bottle with me and put it on my forehead for refreshing. It was nice, but nothing that could be MY scent. After a while I even got bored of it.

Margaret
Margaret

This is a wonderful fragrance. It pairs well with the same brand of body lotion, the lotion alone, as well as layering the eau dynamisante on the skin first ...let it dry...add a light layer of Clarins Ellysium. Delicious!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This is an aromatherapy product with excellent results indeed.Uplifting anti-depressive,natural deodorant because of the real essential oils.I find the warm drydown pretty intriguing perfumewise also.Great bath line.

lovinitxx
lovinitxx

this was given to me by my grandma and it makes me feel like a grandma
not my type of fragrance

solocha
solocha

I don't think this is a fragrance in a perfume-sense. It is good as an aromatherapy type of scent, and perfect to vitalise you and get rid of headache and in general it does what it promises, it energises, but I wouldn't wear it if I wanted to smell seducing or alluring. It is a day-time comfort scent, maybe for work, mostly for those who don't want their perfume to be overpowering. More an uplifting healer than embellishing accessory.

coco_mademoiselle
coco_mademoiselle

i am very sorry to say but i didnt like this fragrance at all. i didnt understand the scent and i dont think it understood me. we had no chemistry

odiliamaria
odiliamaria

This is the perfect scent for me. Not too heavy, not too sweet, but fresh and sensual and it lasts quite a while too.

Eau Dynamisante by Clarins 3.89 out of 5 based on 492 ratings and 71 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clarins Eau Dynamisante fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Clarins Eau Dynamisante, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Dynamisante by Clarins. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Dynamisante by Clarins represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.