Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Par Amour Clarins for women

Par Amour Clarins for women
dislike

The French cosmetic house of Clarins has launched Par Amour, its first fragrance for young ladies. The perfume has an unusual composition - combination of floral, fruity and woody notes blooming together. In the top there are notes of pink pepper and black currant. The heart is composed of Turkish rose and vanilla, and the base includes sandalwood and benzoin. The nose behind this fragrance is Raphael Haury.

Black Currant Pink Pepper Cassia

Vanilla Turkish Rose Cardamom

Labdanum Sandalwood Amber Benzoin

Par Amour Fragrance Reviews

Dan
Dan

Very hard to find as this was discontinued a few years ago but can be found very cheap on the UK site "Cheapsmells" - its around £33 for a 100ml EDP bottle. Not sure how long its going to be around for so if its something you've been looking for, maybe its worth checking out :)

bluemlein
bluemlein

this is how joyful spring cleaning can be. underneath a stack of fabrics awaiting transformation into my next couture collection i came across a box. hm, i thought. is this the rest of the alchimie gift i got a few years ago? or is it a box of soaps??? doesn't smell like my soaps, they are held in limbo until their scent has faded enough that i can use them. wait a minute! i recognize that red! up it came: a lovely presentation of clarins' par amour. hmmm. i don't even recall having received this - oh wait, yes i do! several years ago now. it has been waiting patiently to be opened, in a very dark, cold place, so - let's open it and give a blast of eau de parfum. . . .

strange on me. a first blast of beautifully blended flowers and aldehydes yields to:

CUCUMBER!

oddly it lasts for about two minutes, then disappears entirely, leaving soft woodsy, ambery, comforting notes. the oddity of the disappearing top notes might be explained if they managed to sneak out of an entirely intact, unopened bottle. but that would be specific to this situation. fact is that this evanescence is noted by most of the other reviewers and ought to be noted by the clarins company. it ought to be beefed up considerably, most notably in the top and middle notes.

(c)Daisy Morant 2013

Second bottle. Gorgeous Rose/pepper/sandalwood/Cassia/Vanilla/Benzoin/amber mix. Soft but intensive at the same time. Fresh wiffs around me all day long. Longlasting on my skin. Timeless - for both younger and middleaged women in my opinion.

Andra flaskan. Ljuvlig mix av Ros/peppar/sandelträ/svarta vinbärs/vanilj/benzion/amber. Mjuk men ändå intensiv på samma gång. Fräscha doftfläktar runt mig hela dagen. Hållbar på min hud. Tidlös- både tjejen och kvinnan passar i denna.

chicrose
chicrose

feminine yet classic, a bit sweet, elegance, i love it, just a little spray but it lasts

meowtow
meowtow

Smells like baby powder. I love baby powder scents. I think I like this because of the sentimental value though, my mom got this as a present and felt it was too immature so she passed it down to me when I was like 10. I mostly played with the bottle.

persefonex
persefonex

My mother used to wear Votre by Charles Jourdan. After that, she lost the way and used many inadecuated parfums. Finally, I tired of smell in her awful fragrances, decided give her a feminine and soft parfum and choose Par Amour. Infortunely, it wasn't for her and she gave it to me.(Instead i gave to her my precious Jardin Sur Le Nile)At first, the benzoin is too strong, lately, rose bright and is delicious, in the end the spices become and is perfect to me. Is complex, is inusual and I lOVE IT. Isn't for old people. I think it is shiny. It made me feel in a huge field with grass, sun and daisys. A very happy and beautiful day must to smell like this fragrance. Sadly, the sillage isn't good.

Sharon1301
Sharon1301

Iove, love , love Par Amour, can't figure out how to open the refillable bottle. HELP!

panthere
panthere

After wearing my last precious mini of this sadly discontinued beauty,the closest perfume it resembles is Burberry Touch(my fav. Burberry).

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

This is a lovely fragrance which unfortunately fades into a sandalwood whisper. I can only imagine HOW gorgeous it could have been in a heftier formula.
Although described as a "fragrance for young ladies" I can't understand why perfumes must be categorized as "old" or "young."
Our olfactory sense is very subjective and what one person loves, another detests. I often laugh uproariously at the reviews because one person will say a fragrance smells like "musty underpants soaked in toilet bowl cleaner" and another claims it is "the most beautiful fragrance in the world."
Let's all step back and savor what fragrance is...without biases or limitations.

cinsot
cinsot

I have lost count of the number of miniature bottles of Par Amour I have scored over the years included in gift with purchase initiatives I have accrued as the loyal devotee of Clarins skincare products that I am.

I have never cared for it to be frank. I just did not get it. Par Amour evaded me on all levels. Hence family and friends enjoyed the tiny little miniature bottles.

A few nights ago I was attending a Christmas VIP Event at my local Clarins salon and the regional rep was in attendance offering advice etc to the invited guests and she smelt exquisite. I found myself following her around like a hound (very discreetly I must add).

We started chatting and she assisted me with my purchases (life really is more beautiful with Clarins!) and before I knew it I had asked her the magic question: "What (fragrance) are you wearing?"

"Par Amour". With that she escorted me to the Fragrance tester bottles and started squirting Par Amour through the air on blotter and finally on my left wrist. My Tom Ford Voile de Fleur was on its last legs after a big day in the office so I didn't really mind.

Long story short I left the salon with numerous bags filled with goodies and a bottle of Par Amour! It smells beautiful on me too!

I wore this yesterday on clean skin and even this afternoon freshly showered and fragrance free Par Amour lingers with a memorable peppery cardomomy vanillary rose.

jtd
jtd

Transparent rose, blackcurrant and cedar would make this sound like the recipe for a Lutens “bois de [insert note]” fragrance. But this doesn’t seem like any of the bois fragrances except for a shared sheer-but-sweet quality. This is more sugar-sweet than fruity-sweet, which would usually scare me off, but something in the undercurrent of this fragrance keeps it from getting too ditzy. I think it’s the pepper-like benzoin. As the scent evolves the sweetness and the blackcurrant fade and the cedar/rose combination wins out. The pepper lasts as well, enhancing both the rose and the cedar, and Par Amour ends up seeming like Barbie’s version of Parfum Sacré.

Quite sweet, nice and likeable - but not for me. I also had the impression that the staying power wasn't too good.

whitewing
whitewing

It is not discontinued yet in Laval, as I was just at the warehouse sale and they had it. It wasn't for me but definitly a more mature person.

camillia
camillia

The commercial text says that this is a fragrance for young ladies, strange, I think it is rather for mature wearers.
Par Amour opens with an almost cosmetic sensation: that of saturated, moisturized skin.
This opens my nose to the resinous-rosey-woody core notes. The resins are quite intense: sweet in a deep, spicy sort of way.
Wrapped around the composition is a nose tickling pink pepper accord.
The fragrance impresses me as calm and rich: full of good ingredients, well-blended. It can fill a room with its warm, sweet and somehow somber presence.
It keeps interest even in the dry-down, when it becomes spicy-woody. (good lasting power)
In my mind, PAR AMOUR projects the image of a well-groomed person. To be overall "bien soignee" as opposed to be "parfumee" is what I like when wearing this fragrance.
This-one I spray on clothes and hair, happens to work
much better than spraying directly on my skin.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

Best perfume ever! It's definitely made for love as it named. Oh Gosh...it made me fall in love at the very first sniff. I feel beautiful, I love myself more than ever and definitely love how it glow on me. I keep sniffing myself over and over again like crazy. I take my words back if I ever talked about best perfume before because this is truely The Best!

Rosy Woody Sultry, no grandma's smell at all.
I'll love this till dead.

this is a wonderful soft scent - When I had it, I used it daytime at the office - perfect. Soft and a mild scent where roses, and vanilla stood out most. Longlasting power too - about 5 hours.

Härlig doft - som jag använde dagtid på arbetet (kontor) härligt mjuk doft där rosor och vanilj framträdde mjukt men tydligt. En doft som stannar nära den som bär den. Håller - på mig - ca 5 timmar, vilket jag tycker är bra.

maltatude
maltatude

wow. i am going to have to be the one to go against all the rave reviews...

i tried this today based on the ingredients all matching notes that i love (and the love, love, love reviews!!)... but i really don't love this at all...

pros: it's well balanced. lasts pretty well... if u like the smell, then it's a winner all round...

cons: not my cup of tea at all... it has this woody pong note that is there from the start to the end. i don't know if it's the type of sandalwood, or the bezoin... really dislike it.

Clairesw
Clairesw

I love this! It's the only perfume i wear. I tried Par Amour Toujours as well but didn't like that as much. I am sad Clarins have discontinued it.

andrevarx
andrevarx

Very powerful, a very floral and powerful combination, I think is most appropriate for the office. Even if it is a very invasive EDP I find it a very attractive aroma, I think they would turn to see any girl who brought this perfume.

Wow, what a surprise! I'd thought that I was about to continue my leisurely stroll down a rose petal-littered path. Instead, wearing Clarins' PAR AMOUR, I find myself in the midst of a dark forest of leafless sandalwood trees studded with thousands of tiny pink peppercorns! There are surely roses here somewhere, but they are very challenging to tease out...

As a rose scent, I'd have to say that PAR AMOUR doesn't measure up. However, as an oriental woody, it is really quite nice. This strikes me as another case where the marketing image and the product diverge rather drastically--with what must have been disastrous sales effects. All expectations of sweetness and light (and roses!) are swiftly defeated with the opening spritz. There may be a few people around who associate love with pink peppercorns and sandalwood, but I'd venture to guess that they are rare indeed.

Yet those who might genuinely appreciate PAR AMOUR would never find out--driven away as they would by a fear of everything that this fragrance is NOT. I'm thinking of woody scent lovers, men and women alike. From the peppery opening to the last fade of the dusty sandalwood drydown, this is a warm, woody scent.

try2t
try2t

The bottle is adorableand the box, with the the little envelop is utterly adorable if you're looking for a Valentine's gift or you're a guy looking for a special gift for a gal.

But I found the top notes not strong enough for my tastes, but I can't say that I don't like it. let's just say that the inside is not that special but the bottle is great to show off

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

As Janina already described it: this is an excellent and wellblended perfume and one of the mostloved in my perfume collection. As a member of the oriental floral family this scent is not too heavy and can be worn on a daily basis. In this composition the peppery-woody-musky notes are so well put together. Compared with music they evoke dark tones of a stringed instrument like a cello or viola da gamba. This scent is a bit similar to 'B' by Boucheron (which is another favorite of mine) but not as profound and rich, which makes Par amour easier to wear daily. Love it!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I got this as a gift and, since my mom has been using clarins cosmetics for several years now and they all feel and smell great, I opened the package without a second thought. Wrong!

I hate it. There is a woody smell in it I call"school pencils". Where are all these beautiful ingredients?

My brother brought this for me at duty free. I love the way it smells i mix it with my leave in conditioner and rub it through my hair

People tell me all the time that my hair smells great

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I dont like it,i can smell something really green in it and i hate green scents..

I like par amour toujours more than this one,but this is lovely too.
though it's a florential fragrance,I don't consider it powdery.in fact the first notes are just spicy,with some hints of sweetness.
but the best part of it is the middle notes.the rose is very alive and present and the sweetness of vanilla makes it softer and a bit creamy.
as it remains on skin it becomes warm.the rose never disappears and the cardamon is well mixed.
I should agree with the reviewers.though it's lovely,personally I won't go to buy it.the bottle is a bit cheap and the fragrance is something between what the middle aged ladies like and what the young girls like,but don't satisfy neither of these groups.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

The bottle KILLss me. I love it. I love it. I have to agree with a mix of all the previous reviews. While I love the scent, it is fleeting, and not really worth the purchase.

amanda
amanda

its a beautiful scent i think, its not very strong, but feminine, and its true that its not for young, but not even a typical old lady smell, i think its ok

guest_Puhinora
guest_Puhinora

It is feminine, lasting, clear and perfect for everyday use. Both men and women like it very much on me, makes them to relax.

vertigo
vertigo

beautiful bottle, unfortunately with nothing interesting inside. powdery and sultry.

Par Amour by Clarins 3.86 out of 5 based on 178 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clarins Par Amour fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Clarins Par Amour, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Par Amour by Clarins. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Par Amour by Clarins represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.