Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Clean Provence Clean for women

Clean Provence Clean for women
dislike

Clean Provence by Clean is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women. Clean Provence was launched in 2004. Top notes are lemon and lime; middle notes are cotton flower, rose and geranium; base note is musk.

Lemon Lime

Cotton Flower Rose Geranium

Musk

Cool Cotton

Clean Provence Fragrance Reviews

janetpolelondon
janetpolelondon

smells clean for sure ... and disappears in an instant. hmmmmm

chester
chester

I love French soap, so I love this! I was obsessed for a while before I finally bought it. As much as I love the smell, I found that I don't really want to smell like soap on a daily basis. I use it sometimes on my pillow before I go to bed. Like others have said, it doesn't last long at all so I consider this a good way to get my moneys' worth!

teadrinker
teadrinker

This is my absolute favorite clean, soapy scent. I'm not usually a huge fan of soapy notes, but this perfume smells like the sort of sophisticated bar of soap that you would buy in a boutique in Paris. There are definitely fruity and floral notes, but I couldn't tell you what they are. Everything is very well-blended, and individual notes aren't really discernible. This doesn't just smell like the fragrance the soap is scented with, it smells like the actual bar of soap. Hard to describe, but beautiful.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

The note combination on my skin didn't play out well at all. Started sour with the lemon and lime, and when the other notes came in, it smelled like black licorice.

I know people don't like negative reviews, but when having an experience like this, it always helps to see if others had the same or similar experience. That way people can judge whether they got a bad bottle, or that the scent doesn't work well for some body chemistries and what was experienced. How will other people know about something like this if you're not completely truthful in your reviews reporting your experience?

You should also not be made afraid of posting a negative review. That would be a form of bullying and intimidation. EVERY perfume is NOT for EVERYONE. Results will vary depending on each individual skin chemistry. As long as you're talking about the scent (an object) and not bashing those whom enjoy wearing the scent (a fellow human being), things should be fine.

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

So soapy and beautiful. When I wear it I feel like I am just showered with an exquisite soap after taking a long spring walk in the lavender fields of Provence.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Clean Provence is a lovely, fresh, very clean scent indeed. It smells like slightly underripe pears, fresh laundry and soap. No idea where my nose is getting the pears from, but I smell that vs the lime or geranium. No rose for me, and the musk is that 'clean cotton' musk that we all love.

But, just like the state of clean in my house, Clean the perfume is gone within an hour.

Sillage is very low and that combined with the poor longevity, make this a rather unimpressive scent.

hipsdontlie
hipsdontlie

I keep this perfume in my car. Now, it's not a bad scent. In fact, I love it. I like the initial burst of sharp citrus soapyness and the rosey/cottony dry down. It's a nice change of pace from the sweeter scents I wear in cold weather. Unfortunatley, this EDP (more like a splash or cologne) start to finish lasts about 40 minutes. And even then your must press your nose to your skin and inhale violently to catch any lingering notes. My car seems to retain it's pleasant clean scent much longer than I do. I won't repurchase but I enjoy having a bottle on hand while it lasts.

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

This fragrance is so very beautiful in a non-perfumey way . It has a distinct soapy sweetness that is unique to this fragrance in the Clean line. It also has a nice hit of citrus that the soapy note kind of blunts. Really nice, non-offensive, downright pleasant.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

This is such a pretty fragrance, but I can't believe it's an EDP when it fades so fast. You can't go wrong with a lemon and rose combo, it's as fresh as a summer morning shower with a creamy, expensive french soap. Super clean, but ultra feminine. Unfortunatly, the fragrance doesn't stick around long enough for the musk to come through; It would have been a prefect, sexy end.

Soignee
Soignee

This smells nice--creamy and citrusy like expensive soap. But like all the others in the Clean line, it disappears after one hour.

myeaude
myeaude

This is one of my favorite scents. It's light, fresh, citrusy, with ɑ light touch of sweetness. But I feel bad about the longevity. It doesn't last even for ɑ couple hours. I wish this fragrance was strong enough to get ɑ long longevity...

8.5/10

LauraB425
LauraB425

I agree this doesn't last very long, but I love the candied violet, powdery clean smell . . . I spray it on my sheets and pillowcases before bed and it's heavenly! Doesn't last too long on my skin, but have received compliments like "you smell so good" instead of "what perfume is that?" which I like. Especially when my five-year-old niece snuggles up and sighs and tells me I smell good. Best feeling. My husband likes it, too, but probably more on the sheets for a pleasant snuggly sleep than on me. It's hard to get him to like anything other than Chanel 22, which is my favorite and I try to savor.

pbluberry
pbluberry

I love the smell but it does not last at all. I pretty much have to douse myself in this and reapply all day. I'm just glad it's not too heavy at first application. Smells very familiar for some reason, almost like a sparkly soda. I can't really explain.

pepper_md
pepper_md

Not my favorite Clean fragrance. The citrus just pops when you spray, then everything was just gone.

Arkira M.
Arkira M.

Totally agreed with Marysiac. When I spray it, the fresh washed laundry in the sunny day is pop in my head. Clean, lovely and not cheap for me but my sister think it makes her a bit dizzy. Ahh, my sis and me always be the other side of the world.

adrienn99
adrienn99

no fresh laundry for me. just oranges. :((((( i love laundry. where did that go?

AneV
AneV

Just gost it in the mail. my fist impression wasn't very good I was expecting a little more ..mmmm or maybe a little less (the citrius was a little strong)...but then it fades into a cotton/powdery clean.Not my favorite clean fragrance, but not too bad. It gets 7 out of 10 for me...........forward to a few months later ..this is beautiful I wear it almost Everyday especially for church.it wont/can't offend anyone, it smells like you just took along bath with french essential oils.10 out of 10 for me.

marysiac

I love how this Fragrance smell like freshly washed laundry drying in the sun. I put on some my mom's a few minutes ago. I really like this scent :)

marysiac

It smells just like the name implies :)

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is just such a wake me up clean smell.
There is the slight lemony clean note at first, but there is an even more prevalent clean crisp cotton flower scent mixed with the subtle violet undertones that I just can't get enough of.
If this is the scent of french milled soap, then no wonder Johnny Depp moved to France! If all the ladies there smell like this, who could resist them?
My only downside is that even though the sillage is fairly good, the scent fades after a couple of hours so you must re-apply fairly often.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

This one has grown on me big time. It's pleasant clean,slightly soapy and lavendary, slightly powdery and rosey, not great longevity but not poor either. Very inobtrusive, suitable for a hot sweaty weather.

yunvme
yunvme

It's just OK. I wear this too when I don't want to wear a scent that will kill people like at the gym...I sparay it on the back of my knee so I don't smell it

Jellybean
Jellybean

fresh candies and soap; kind of hard to pinpoint the exact aromas in here at first... smells fresh, clean and candy sweet:)

rosembloom
rosembloom

OH ! FRESH COTTON AND CANDIED CITRUS YUMMINESS... I can easily imagine a blue lagoon nested in a lush tropical forest where the mouthwatering scent of grapefruit mixes sensually with notes of wildflowers... Though I smell no french-milled soapiness in this lovely though rather linear composition , I can detect the individual notes themselves quite well. It lasts incredibly long, so use sparingly and go heavy on the real french milled soap! It's a fresh yet not tart 'wake-me-upper' after a shower and everybody loves it on me, telling me I smell so ' limpia' : clean. They sure know what they are talking about. It reminds me in some strange way of L from Gwen Stephani in it's luminous, green freshness and bright citrus zip!

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

Ijust found this beuty today i've tested on my wrist & was... whoooo! whats that smell i couldn't put my finge ron it but it was addicted, sophisticated way & clean (i would not say)laudry smell mre as a cotton flower sophisticate way! my first clean fragrance i'm sure this will not be my last! it dried on my as a little soft tender musky cotton flower a very lovely discovery :) get your hands on this one :) i will have to go surch to try the others but not the soapy scent one i don't like to smell like super soap women i'm more sensual soft side women xoxo :)

ScentMe
ScentMe

As with most Clean perfumes, one spray goes a long way!

scentedrat
scentedrat

Found this cheap at TJ Maxx, so gave it a try. It's...different. Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I have to wash it off. If I use just a little bit, it *may* dry down to a beautiful soft, clean scent. Or at other times it just smells like....chile peppers? I don't quite know what conditions I need to make it the former every time, lol.

I like it way better than the shrieking citrus of the original clean. Not sure about the triple-milled french soap description, though; it doesn't smell soapy to me.

80sfiend
80sfiend

This was a blind buy online that is growing on me. The top notes of lime and lemon, almost citronella are sharp but as I am a fan of citrus, it doesn't bother me. This quickly fades and once it settles I get the floral notes coming through and maybe a hint of pears. Generally I steer clear of rose/rose geranium and musk, but with this I found both to be surprisingly quite pleasant, airy and light and not overly sweet. Minimal Sillage so suitable for office or school.

SS79
SS79

I LOVE this fragrance. It's as if your not even wearing perfume. You smell so clean and fesh!!! I wear it when I dont want to wear any kind of "scent" lol.

dany06
dany06

I've never used triple milled french soap. So I cant say that this smells like any soap i've used. To be honest, it smells very sweet and fruity with a hint of fabric softner. Sniffing it directly on my arm versus smelling wafts of it through the day gives me very different results.

If i smell it directly on my wrists I get a watered down tangy fruity juice scent. It smells wet but juciy. The little waft I get through out the day smell like clothes straight from the washing machine covered in fruit juice and fabric softener.

At the end of the day, it starts to smell like a mix of fruitiness and baby wet wipes.

The silliage is okay and the longevity is great. I get a good 10hrs out of it on my skin. I really like te scent but im not in love.

I really enjoy all the Clean scents; but this is my favorite of what I've smelled of the myriad of womens. I like Outdoor Shower Fresh even more, but feel it is more unisex than anything. This one is like others have said clean, but not overly 'soapy'...

Bright clean lemon-lime, opens this with an almost translucent feel, then the subtle flowers begin to emerge: sweet, light violets (almost like candied violets), an airy rose and the dry floral spice of geraniums combine and blend seemlessly with the citrus with neither overpowering the other. A truly harmonious citrus floral (without any neroli, linden or orange blossoms) bring summer days and warm meadows to mind. There is something slightly sharp behind the flowers, like a triple milled french soap (sharp, but clean). The drydown is like linens with a hint of white musk drying on the line in a strong breeze: homey, comfy and quaint.

Sillage: close
Longevity: okay
Overall: 3.25/5

Say what you want about Clean fragrances, I enjoy ALL types of scents and always have something on, and for those days when I want to wear something, and my nose needs a break...Clean Provence really does the trick for me. Nicely done, a simple fragrance, not too complicated but a really nice blend of fresh clean notes. I doubt I would pay upwards of 70 dollars for it either, but the $10.00 US dollars for 3X10 ml rollerballs of Clean, Simply Soap and Provence...that was too good to pass up!

First Clean fragrance that doesn't smell soapy! Well, there is nothing much to say about it either except the fact that it's is a pleasant clean scent. Not gonna offense anyone. BTW, it appears kinda milky actually. A bit too simple for me to pay a retail price. Let's go over to Bath and Body Works instead.

guest_gracey
guest_gracey

love it as my evryday scent...if you like to smell not so overpowering this is the right one... mild and not complicated scent... doesnt smell soapy at all. wonderful.

Provence evokes plenty of images: fields of lavender, delectable bouillabaisse, wine orchards, etc., etc., but to my nose, CLEAN PROVENCE is initially redolent of a mixture of lemon verbena and wet hay, and the subsequent drydown is unfortunately indistinguishable from CLEAN SIMPLY SOAP. Since I dislike the latter, I won't be partaking further of the CLEAN series... A major problem is that the citrus in both CLEAN and SIMPLY SOAP smells rather fake to me--like the bergamot used in low-grade Earl Grey tea.

I wonder whether whoever came up with the CLEAN concept is actually unaware that superlative soapy drydown perfumes already exist? Well, fortunately, they do!

swedeangel
swedeangel

I agree with other rewievs here,this is the only Clean I could imagine myself having.I dislike Cleans scents so ,i find them boring,unsensual and not enjoyable at all,not more than my washingmachine is. But this one is a little different than the others, sure its soapy and articifial ,but it smells of fine,exclusive soap,not cheap soap,and it has a fine touch of french perfume, of lavender in it ,though its not listed. That i like.
But I dont accept the prize. Its not worth it.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

The only scent of the Clean line I'd consider wearing - but not for the price they're charging. It's pleasant enough, but that still doesn't warrant the price tag. On a positive note, it is much prettier and softer than and the others.

crumbling_images
crumbling_images

Not my favorite CLEAN scent. When I think of clean, I think of soap, water, um...dare I say it...baby powder. Not lemons or limes. It's not bad, but it's not good.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

Agreed with PAPrincess. Scent does not last long. However, this is a must is you enjoy 'clean' scents. It brings a smile to my face every time I smell it.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

My absolute favorite in the Clean line. So light and fresh.Scent does not linger, though.

Carla
Carla

This is my summer, jeans & tank top everday fragrance.

golden
golden

Beautiful clean perfume.
The violet, cotton flower and lemon come through in a crisp clean way followed by a creamy, dreamy rose dry down. Great for wake -me - up in the morning.

Clean Provence by Clean 3.72 out of 5 based on 177 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clean Clean Provence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Clean Clean Provence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Clean Provence by Clean. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Clean Provence by Clean represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.