Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Clean Simply Soap Clean for women

Clean Simply Soap Clean for women
dislike

Clean Simply Soap is a gentle, feminine fragrance presented in 2009. The perfume incorporates Sicilian bergamot, frangipani from Polynesia, Japanese lotus, Damascus rose oil, violet and musk. It is available as 60ml (2.14 oz)edp.

Bergamot Frangipani

Lotus Rose Violet

Musk

Clean Warm Cotton

Clean Simply Soap Fragrance Reviews

badbushtwerkteam
badbushtwerkteam

someone please tell me why this smells like a musty wet dog?

calyx93
calyx93

smells just like the tiny, waxy, lather-less soaps found in cut-rate motels - why anyone would want to smell like really cheap soap is beyond me. there are so many better alternatives - like putting dryer sheets in your pockets.

then again, when i wear pure oudh oil i'm sure people wonder why i would want to smell like an animal's musky hind quarters :)

christianne1
christianne1

I am completely bewildered by all the "wet dog" etc., comments about this fragrance. It just smells like soap. How can that be offensive? How can it smell like a wet dog? Maybe you have some really clean, fresh and soapy smelling canines. I am wondering if everyone got this in a bargain bin or something after it had been sitting in a hot truck for God knows how long. I actually love this scent to freshen up with when I am feeling yucky. Maybe I am feeling fresh while smelling like a veterinary office and don't even know it. Oh well, I like it and that is all that matters. If I have to smell stale smoke mixed with perfume and breath mints on other people while they think they are smelling dandy, they can put up with my Eau de Lassie.

EDIT: I haven't worn this in months and decided to open a new bottle of it that I had stored away to make sure I had not lost my mind. Now I am smelling Rover ever so slightly and it just does NOT smell like it did originally. This is a bottle that I got at TJ Maxx so I am wondering if there was a bad batch that got circulated. I swear I bought my first bottle from Clean, then one from HSN and they did NOT smell like this!

antfarm
antfarm

One of the worst I've ever smelled.

It smells like the way Ivory soap tastes. I was one of those little kids who got their mouth washed out with soap for swearing, so this is a taste I know all too well.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

Very aptly named. This is plain soap. Not even high end soap. Generic, boring, drug store soap. Tell you the truth I hate the whole brand. Such a rip-off Why anyone in his/her righ mind want to pay so much money to smell like soap and Downy is beyond me. A fool and his money, and all that.

christine.marak
christine.marak

Oh, it is awful. It smells like a wet dog and it simply won't wash off, easily. It almost makes me ill.

soblue2
soblue2

I really am disappointed in this edition of "Clean" - while some notes are crisp and fresh smelling, the soap part really ruined it for me, it reaks! Now usually I enjoy a fresh clean smell, linen I could probably handle but this I'm sorry just falls below the line.

I wish it could be different especially after spending $40.00. Next time if there is no "tester" I will not buy it.

TillyWave
TillyWave

This has fallen into the discount bins at Ulta, so I gave the tester a good couple of sprays, even if "Clean" isn't really my thing.

Clean Simply Soap simply smells like every Goodwill/Salvation Army store I've ever been into, and it's been alot, as I like to shop secondhand. However, the industrial soap/mothball/other people's clothes smell is not anything I'd like to wear, even if it's been discounted to $20 a bottle.

Luckily, this "Eau de Parfum" is so short lived that within 15 minutes after application, I could simply smell nothing, so no harm done there.

I really don't get this brand.

LesleyA

I left a tester strip of this in my hot car today, and when I sniffed it after getting back into the car....I smelled it. I smelled the FISHBOWL/WET PET smell everyone keeps talking about!!! D:
I am not even lying--it smelled like a river...or a lake...in a bad way. That organic, water and fish smell you smell at a lake. Or when your dog gets OUT of the lake, and gives a good shake, and covers you with lakey water. Lol I wonder what in the world gives it that smell??
In my previous review of this, I gave it a "better than bad," but now-me, a lover of Clean original, and Pure Grace, and all KINDS of soapy scents.....has to downgrade it to just....bad. I feel kinda bad. :(
And very grateful I didn't spray this on my skin. LOL!!

LesleyA

Adrien02-I don't know...sniff at your own risk. I seem to be one of the only ones who doesn't smell "wet pet." Lol. What if you end up sending me a bill for your fragrant-o-plumber?! Olefact even said it's lawsuit worthy! Ha! :)

starlight47
starlight47

Thank goodness I got a sample of this to try! It is exactly what it says "Clean Simply Soap". It is not something that I would not want to wear. I even bought the Summer Escape by Clean on a blind buy Yuck I sent it back. Sorry these fragrances by Clean are not meant for me!

Adrien02
Adrien02

I haven't tried this but because of LesleyA's review I am soooo tempted. It sure made me laugh out loud and people are looking at me strange now....Hope I get the crisp sheet, soapy and not the "wet pet" experience though. I think that might cause my olfactory senses to back up and need the Fragrant-O-Plumber. Tee Hee!

LesleyA

Sometimes reading the passionately negative reviews around here make me giggle out loud. I'm not laughing anyone's opinion, of course, just the colorful ways they are written.:) "cracked my nasal bone"..."kill bill revenge music" LOL Ya'll are FUNNY!
I sniffed this the other day, and kind of had a non-opinion. Not terrible..not wonderful. As my mother-in-law once said about a dinner I made-"better than bad." (hmph..thx) I'm obsessed with Pure Grace, so I'm a soap kind of girl.

Bettany87
Bettany87

Ok, I received this today and tried it on me. I usually look at the positive points of each fragrance but my first reaction was "yikes", this one is just not attractive on my skin.

On my skin it smelled like a newly shampooed pet (smelled exactly like my cat after her bath). Now, the dry down is better ... the initial "pet shampoo" scent has softened to a more "human" fresh soap smell but I still cannot train my nose to appreciate it. Oh, the lasting power is tremendous, I tried washing it off my wrist with soap and water and it lingered like an unwanted guest.

I went on other sites to read the reviews on this particular fragrance and not surprisingly, majority felt the same way I did. My cousin and best friend tried this fragrance too but to no success. It must be one very special body chemistry to make this fragrance work!

starshadow
starshadow

That "wet dog" description people keep giving for this scent implies that it stinks and is incorrect, though I certainly understand what direction their noses seem to be moving in. However, the undeniable truth is that this product smells like "dog shampoo." Which is not unpleasant like "wet dog." I like it and don't care if it's for women or not - I already know it's the type of fragrance people are gonna love on me and ask me questions about. It's a skin chemistry thing, that's all.

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

When I read that people like this scent, I am instantly flooded with anxiety that I might someday be in a room with that person.

This scent is horrible. Fish bowl. Wet dog. That nightmare feeling you get when you are having dinner at someone's house and you sip from your glass only to smell that fishy smell. A real stomach turner.

Please don't wear this around me. I don't want my eye to twitch and that Kill Bill revenge music to blare in my head.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This one actually works on me. I am laughing about the "wet dog" or "fish bowl" smell others have commented about. hee hee On me this smells simply clean just like soap or fabric softener. Light and fresh perfect for a summer day. I also must talk about the lasting power of this...I actually got 12+ hours out of this. And after I showered I could still smell it on my arm. Pretty impressive!
My kids tell me this smells like wet dog though...lol

Sizzler
Sizzler

Right On, Harlette_de_la! You make me laugh. Honestly, I envy the folks who can wear this well. I like Soap! And sometimes life just calls for something light and clean and easy. The wet dog note (cashmere?) is strange and unique and I can not wear it well.

Harlette_de_la_Falaise
Harlette_de_la_Falaise

For a long time, I couldn't figure out what this really reeked of. But, yes, wet dog. Definitely wet dog. A blind purchase, bought cheap, thank goodness. When it said soap, I had hope. After all, how could something called soap possibly be offensive? Well, they've managed the impossible. I've never come across any soap that smells as unpleasant as this.

yunvme
yunvme

yeah, not feeling this one. I bought it on a lark as it was on special. I have Provence and it is ok for the non perfume days for someone like me that likes to have some sort of soft sent always. Someone else descibed it as smelling like wet dog....you know something? I TOTALLY AGREE LOL!

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

Smells (on my skin) like freshly starched clothes. Just wonderfull to layer with everything that might seem too cloying alone. Layering makes a clean scent of every other too sweet or harsh fume. Great (for me anyway!)

thinknice
thinknice

I'm so glad its not just me! I bought this thinking since I like the original clean, this can't go wrong. I was wrong. It smells like WET DOG! I will probably sell it in ebay with a warning...

Olefact
Olefact

Yes, I agree just like a fish bowl- one whose water hasn't been changed in a week. Horrid. Worst fragrance I've ever put on. Had to wash it off right away and change clothing. Lawsuit worthy.

i was amazed, and not in a good way. this really does smell like a wet dog. i couldn't wait to use this and it really was a huge disappointment. i don't know how they did it, but they made this really clean sounding perfume smell absolutely hideous. i'm afraid to use anything else from this line now. shame.

Hyponse
Hyponse

As I loved Warm cotton, I was so surprised when I bought this online. I could not stand it. It smelled syntetic, and not soap!

barbiot35
barbiot35

At the top 5 list of the worst perfumes I've ever smelled/had...Only can say: BAD, BAD, BAD!!!...Cracks my nasal bone!!!

gigiletta
gigiletta

smell like fish bowl,no flower no fruit no musk.maybe my skin chemistry but dont buy before test it.

Lilii
Lilii

This one is quite poplular where I live, today I tested it for the first time...I cant understand why people pay money to wear this one...they can simply rub a little soap on their skin and smell the same!

beatrix75
beatrix75

i love this one vrealy fresh soap beuthiful soap !!!

Carolinealgot
Carolinealgot

I really like this one! It seems like many people dislike it but along Warm Cotton, this is a favourite by Clean!

purfecteaz
purfecteaz

I had a little sample spray from some store, I put some on my wrist....hum...is this perfume bad? I sprayed again just to make sure this is a perfume. Oh it was even worst the second time. I thought something was wrong with my nose.
This perfume does not smell like soap, it doesnt even smell like cheap soap, It smells like a wet dog! If you think Im making a joke here, trust me, I am not.

I should begin by observing that I am a big fan of soapy drydowns. So my review of CLEAN SIMPLY SOAP is not a reflection of some prior bias against soapiness. On the contrary, I was looking forward to trying this fragrance precisely because I love CALECHE, WHITE LINEN, and I do indeed respect (although I do not wear) the mother of all floral aldehydes...

However, not all soap is created alike, and CLEAN SIMPLY SOAP is a stinky case in point. This is *bad* hotel soap scent. This is not the beautiful bar of soap that one finds in spa hotels, the soap that is so fragrant and beautiful that one (okay, I) may feel compelled over the course of a week's stay to gather up and take home both as a souvenir and to grace one's (okay, my) boudoir.

No, this is the sort of soap that is so bad that you'd prefer just to use water, thank you very much. This smell is so nasty, in fact, that it actually recalls to my mind the hotel right next to the train station in Lille. I arrived late at night and in desperation stumbled into the very closest hotel, which required cash payment up front. Upon reaching my room, I was shocked and dismayed, and despite my extreme fatigue (I had flown from Boston to Amsterdam and taken the train to Lille, with no sleep), I was actually afraid to fall asleep. I stayed in my trenchcoat, on top of the covers, for fear that I might contract some disease. The next morning, when I stepped outside on the balcony for some fresh air, a used condom was lying there!!!!

Okay, I guess I've made my point. CLEAN SIMPLY SOAP is simply not for me!

randik
randik

This must be the most innocent, delightful and disarming scent I have ever tried on! One cannot fail to smell stellar with this one. This is not a seductive scent though; it is more like a whisper in your ear or a gentle breeze agaist your cheek on a summer's afternoon...

crumbling_images
crumbling_images

There's a teeny, weeny, itsy, bitsy scent here. Kinda. I had to spray half the bottle just smell something. What I did smell was totally and utterly wonderfulness. Think of crisp, white, freshly pressed sheets.

Clean Simply Soap by Clean 1.99 out of 5 based on 94 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clean Clean Simply Soap fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Clean Clean Simply Soap, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Clean Simply Soap by Clean. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Clean Simply Soap by Clean represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.