Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Clean Warm Cotton Clean for women
dislike

marine
herbal

Clean Warm Cotton by Clean is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Clean Warm Cotton was launched in 2007. Top notes are citruses and lemon verbena; middle notes are fruits, orange blossom and sea notes; base notes are amber, musk and fern.

Citruses Lemon Verbena

Baby Touch

Clean Warm Cotton Fragrance Reviews

Somesofia
Somesofia

I really love the scent of washed clothes and bed sheets, that's why I am so disapointed that this perfume gives me such a severe headache. It is too strong, and it lingers on everything, my skin and my clothes.

Such a shame for an otherwise nice scent.

Veynus
Veynus

I personally love the smell of laundered clothes and when I had this frag I would douse myself in the stuff including spraying it in my hair. This would be appropriate if I did not have to go in public and be around others. I'm not sure how the person standing behind me in line would react to getting a nice whiff of laundry soap every time I turn my head but when I am hanging around by myself I like to use this.

Rosie Cotton
Rosie Cotton

I wanted something that smelled like Gain. I know Gain is not the epitome of classy perfumery but the heart wants what it wants.

It really does smell like Gain. For me, it's a love.

MarshalT
MarshalT

This is the scent you spray when you want to smell perfectly 100% perfect. It goes with everything and is absolutely unisex. I can't say enough how perfectly perfect this scent is. Clean upon Clean!

electric33
electric33

If I spray only once on the back of my neck and once on my wrist, the scent will tame down and dry down to a very soft pleasant aroma. It takes about a half an hour at least for the really pleasing scent to begin. First spray straight from the bottle is a bit harsh. But the longer it is on my skin the softer and more appealing it becomes. That's when I love it and so does everyone else.

noori
noori

Bought it blindly, and expected something different. That being said, I still like Warm Cotton, though I don't see how this perfume smells like freshly washed/dried cotton sheets. I think it smells more like a bar of laundry soap. The opening is a bit too harsh on the citrus, however, when it goes to the background, the scent becomes very nice. A good day-wear.

ariraven
ariraven

Smells just like laundry detergent or fabric softener. Some of you may go why would you want to wear a perfume that smells like that when you can just wash your clothes and get the same thing? Well for me this is great I work in a salon and the competing smells can be overwhelming so wearing something like this is nice because I can still get my fill of putting on a perfume without giving my clients some other competing smell.

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

I like this for what it is. As soon as I smell it, I can see sunshine in my backyard, a blue sky with clouds as white as the white sheets my mom has draped on chairs to dry. The wood of the chairs and the deck are golden-brown and warm in the sun. I like that this fragrance doesn't just smell like dryer clean - it has the sharpness of pure laundry soap, and not just fabric softener. If you've ever scrubbed your clothes clean with a bar of laundry soap, this has the same ultimate clean sharpness, overlaid with warm sun. For some, the warm cotton will refer to clothing hot and fresh from the dryer - for me, it's beautiful white cloth floating on a breezy summer day.

DamonAlbarn
DamonAlbarn

Very crisp and light "fabric softener"/aquatic floral scent, without the cheap and chemical aftersmell of the real thing. This is a nice smell when you just want to wear a plain pair of jeans and t-shirt out at the park or you're going to a place where you don't want to offend with more daring perfumes. Doesn't really last too long or have much sillage but you can get a set of three CLEAN rollerballs for $10 and who wants to be a powerhouse of Downy/Tide anyway?

purpleturtle
purpleturtle

Smells exactly like the title. Clean warm cotton that has been freshly laundered with strong smelling fabric softener. I personally liked this. Not a smell I would use all the time, but I definitely like it for a change of pace. Will try it every now and then and see how it feels. Got it in a mini rollerball set. Not sure I would order a full size bottle, but was fun trying out this brand and made me want to smell more from them. Happy smelling! :)

nvenus
nvenus

Why would I mark it with Dislike if I would like my cleaning products to smell like this? I don't particularly dislike the fragrance but as a perfume it isn't right for me. My bathroom sink and my windows (after cleaning them) should smell like this, not me.

Sea notes and citruses. Perfect for fresh cleaning products, less perfect for my clothes or my skin.

Quincy_ting
Quincy_ting

Headache in a bottle. Purchased this online without testing it and the regret! I was expecting this to be the good kind of fresh but its nowhere there. Too strong detergent smell and its not even the good smelling ones. I still want to try the other ones. Any suggestion which clean perfume with the good kind of fresh scent? something light that wont make me want to puke.

staceydtb
staceydtb

I wore lots of scents from Clean when I was still living in the Philippines because it's almost always hot and humid there. Clean scents are great for hot climates as they aren't too cloying and you'll want to smell fresh and nice when it's really hot.

Warm Cotton is perfect for when you just had a nice workout and you showered. Spraying this on makes you feel extra clean and confident for some reason.

For those who are fans of clean, soapy scents - this is easy to wear & enjoy. Although I am not repurchasing, I enjoyed this while it lasted.

cayhtnahc
cayhtnahc

people said this perfume smells like laundry and I am very curious about it, so I bought one. At first, it smells quite odd and it's really like detergent. I had used it for some days. I think I had used to it. Then, I like it more, but it smells citrus, not really like laundry.

MinnaMo
MinnaMo

I got this bottle as a gift. I am so sorry but I just cant stand this one. I love the idea of a perfume that smells like warm laundry but this one is just to heavy and artificial.

weasley
weasley

I've always been in love with the smell of laundry detergent and warm clean clothes. This does quite a good job at imitating that smell, but I find a bit too sharp, and very artificial.

However I did enjoy my time with this. It has a beautiful warmth to it, and I think it's really impressive that they have caputred that in a bottle. It literally feels like a warm towel. It's also very unique and distict.

There are some great aspects to this and the overall concept, but it's not quite what I was looking for. I find it's very polarizing, some hate it, but I also get a lot of compliments on it. I love some parts of it, but I can't overlook the faults.

I prefer 'fresh laundry' by Clean over this, as it is a lot softer and the citrus isn't so sharp.

afalkvidd
afalkvidd

This perfume smelled quite nice in the bottle but absolutely dreadful on my skin. My husband actually asked me to stop wearing this scent (that has never happened before!), since it made me smell like detergent or toilet cleaner and he couldn't stand it.

I wasn't too enamored with the scent either so I didn't mind letting it go. I'm quite tired of the trend with fabric softener and soap scent, which is especially prevalent here in Scandinavia. Everyone wants to smell like they just stepped out of the shower, but end up smelling vaguely industrial and toilet-freshener-ish.

Not a fan, I'm afraid.

Cathped
Cathped

This one is impossible to not like. Its very useable. It is sweet, warm, fresh and lovely clean in its approach. Recommended. You cant go wrong with this one, to me it is very safe, yet noticeable. Well done my Danish neighbours!

MaryushaMTL
MaryushaMTL

I love this scent! Yes it smells exactly like your downy fabric softener sheets, a smell of clean laundry straight out of the dryer. I usually use it when I work out because I enjoy the "clean" feeling :)

badgerbruno
badgerbruno

I cannot get enough of this smell. My favourite go-to scent that never, ever fails to get a comment. Love it.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This smells like mens cologne to me.
My husband said it smelled like those "blocks" you put in your toilet bowl. *haha*

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

I don't know if there's anything left to say about this one that hasn't already been said: it's clean laundry right out of the dryer. Unisex for sure, but also innocent, and...sweet.

valenceis
valenceis

I got a rollerball of this in a set. I LOVE Fresh Laundry for it's old-school Tide smell; but to me this one smells like a frat house on Saturday morning. No offense meant in any way! It's just not my thing. When I think of the way I don't want my laundry to smell, this is the exact smell. Blugh.

artemiss
artemiss

There is scant little I can add that hasn't been said: this smells like freshly washed laundry, in particular, dryer sheets.
There are days where I don't want an over-bearing fragrance, or I know I will be somewhere where a strong (less than pleasant) smell will permeate my clothes/hair and linger. This is an instant freshener that is a bit classier than whipping out a bottle of Febreeze and spritzing it on in the car.

Frayja
Frayja

The fact that it smells like laundry detergent is EXACTLY the reason I loved this perfume from the first sniff !
Thank you Desiree for my Clean-ness !

dianacreole
dianacreole

This one is effortlessly fresh, comforting, soothing, and calming. It's a nice break from all the caramel scents that I've been wearing lately. A cleanse, almost.

It's safe to say I am a bit obsessed with this one. It's like aromatherapy for me. It's a close my eyes and inhale deeply scent and just calm down! I wear my other perfumes but this one, I still spray on my clothes or carry with me throughout the day.

Edit: My bubble has been burst. I sprayed it one right before giving hubby a hug yesterday and he said "oh god you've been putting that old soap smell lately on ON PURPOSE?? Why???" Darn.

arenee92
arenee92

I don't think this is a fragrance that people would smell on you and think, "oh, her perfume is lovely." I think it's a fragrance that someone would smell and say "wow, her laundry detergent smells great." It's a great smell, truly, but it smells like laundry detergent, and you don't need a perfume to get that smell :)

namadriel
namadriel

This makes me want to dive into a pile of fresh-from-the-dryer towels!

AlleeSaysSo
AlleeSaysSo

I had a mini of this and did not love the true-to-dryer-sheet scent..Determined not to waste it, though, I mixed it 50/50 with a half-full mini spray bottle of Hugo Naturals French Lavender Essential Oil Mist. Now it stays in my purse and I use it at work--especially during the summer--to freshen up after lunch. I do like it for this purpose--not enough to re-purchase, but enough to use it up.

[email protected]
ilanak@tlmw.com

I addicted to this smell. As soon as one bottle gone I immediately replacing to another.

This perfume does not have luxury and elegant smell. This one quite neat but not cheap.

Perfect for daily use to office. The smell stays for 6-8 hours. And everyone in my office loves this smell.

My friend in office keep one empty bottle for "relaxation" as she says. This one calm her on bad office day.

Emma0714
Emma0714

Where I lived as a kid in Sweden, in an apartment complex, you could walk down to the "washhouse" aka "the laundry" (a very common institution in rental apartments in Sweden. )

For me, that was often a shortcut. Between school and my best friends apartment. And it used to smell a lot like this. Brings back a lot of memories. Smells like laughter and 3rd grade.

Clean, warm, fuzzy. Happy.

lepalm
lepalm

I tested this today and I really like it. It is so very different than the perfumes I am normally drawn to and that is not a bad thing. It is exactly what I expected it to be from the name, the description, and the reviews. Clean laundry. Specifically dryer fabric softener sheets. I live in a very hot humid climate and I can envision situations where this would be a refreshing alternative to my usual choices. Like most of the perfume addicts on Fragrantica, I love wearing perfume every day. This one is completely appropriate for situations where stronger spicy or floral perfumes aren't. I love it so far and will consider adding it to my collection for variety.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

This was a blind buy based on the reviews here - both positive and negative - and I am glad I did! Yes, it does smell very much like dryer sheets. But . . . it has been sweltering hot where I live for days. The humidity is fierce, and when you step outside your skin is clammy, clothes stick to you. Wearing Clean Warm Cotton makes you smell and psychologically feel fresh. You feel straight from the laundry clean. Everywhere I go wearing it, I have heard comments like "something smells good in here" , "did you just get out of the shower". No - Clean Warm Cotton doesn't smell like a typical perfume scent. But for muggy, steamy days it is perfect! It really does make you feel fresh all day long.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

As the reviewers below me said, this smells exactly like laundry detergent, or fabric softener. On the extreme side of fresh and clean. It's not a favorite of mine, mainly because I don't want to smell like I just stepped out of the dryer. But that's not to say it isn't nice

lauren.gonzalez.963
lauren.gonzalez.963

Smells exactly like laundry detergent!!! In an awesome way!
Id usually be kinda turned off by a detergent smell, but in this case, its LOVELY! When first applying it smells nice and fresh but after a bit of wear I feel like the "warm," reminds me of a just dried hot laundry heap, and thus maybe unsuitable for summer. I can't quite put my finger on what season this belongs to, if any.....maybe its a year round type of frangrance. At any rate, Im very surprised to say that Ill probably be purchasing this sometime soon!

kstendahl
kstendahl

If you like smelling like laundry detergent, this is the scent for you. It feels very plasticy and synthetic.
In my opinion, there's no warmth in it whatsoever, just... laundry detergent.

Roslaug
Roslaug

Two words: laundry detergent
Not foul smelling laundry detergent, quite pleasant actually, but laundry detergent nontheless.

MzScents8ional
MzScents8ional

For the life of me I do not understand how the smell of dryer sheets can be considered as offensive. In fact I like the clean line of fragrances. There is nothing hard to understand about it other than sometimes people just like to wear a scent that is not complicated, just smells clean!

assuom
assuom

Whenever I wear this one in office, there is at least one person who's gonna say there is something smelling very nice in the room not necessarily knowing this is me. Some said it smelt like freshly washed clothes, some other said that it seemed like the cleaning lady changed the cleaning product as it smelt very nice...LOL
I'm a guy and I am wearing this fragrance, so it can definitely be qualified as a unisex fragrance.
In terms of the smell, it does smell like laundry powder / freshly washed clothes, and I personally love that. I don't think there is anything wrong with that as opposed to what other people commented.
Smells just too synthetic, which is the only critic I have to make about Clean Warm Cotton.

rococozephyr
rococozephyr

I got a little rollerball set of Clean fragrances from Sephora, with the expectation that Warm Cotton would be my favorite. It's not.

The name Warm Cotton had me thinking of soft, sun-warm clothes hung out to dry; a warm, breezy scent, light and easy as your favorite t-shirt on a perfect spring day. I was expecting something warm enough for when you're in the mood for something just a little cozy, but not so heavy or strong that you couldn't wear it in the spring or summer. Something that felt a little like wrapping yourself in a blanket straight out of the dryer on a cool spring night.

Instead, it smells like sticking your nose right in a stack of dryer sheets. Admittedly, dryer sheets are definitely not the worst thing you could smell like, and it's not even that far off the mark from the name itself. If you use dryer sheets, the warm cotton you're cozying up to probably smells at least a little like them. Unfortunately, that is literally ALL this fragrance smells like. There is no warmth, no softness. Just harsh, synthetic dryer sheets bludgeoning your senses as far as the nostrils can smell.

I'm not a huge fan of the Clean line (for me, the point of wearing perfume isn't really to smell like I took a shower or washed my clothes), but I get the appeal. Sometimes the situation or setting you're in isn't really a perfume-appropriate one, or sometimes you just need to smell like you haven't been sweating for six hours straight. However, the point of Clean is to smell subtly nice and there is nothing subtle about Warm Cotton. Put this on and you and everyone around you will be smelling dryer sheets all day.

Get this if you, or someone you want to buy a gift for, really, REALLY loves the smell of dryer sheets. Otherwise, I'd say take a pass on Warm Cotton and just buy a bottle of Frebreeze or something instead. It's not a bad scent, but it's really not worth your money and I wouldn't be surprised if it elicited an allergic reaction.

Rie60
Rie60

Kind of funny how those who like it (like me) define it in ethereal terms, but those who don't are almost angry about it. Like vehement! Why you mad? it's just perfume.

LB152
LB152

I am a FREAK for clean laundry and the smell of fabric softener...so this completely works for me. As with most other CLEAN fragrances, this is really intended to mimic the smell of cleanliness. This one happens to be my favorite of all of the clean fragrances. Because this fragrance is so simplistic...I really don't have much more to add. This is one of the freshest and most uncomplicated fragrances I've ever experienced.

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

I love this fragrance and its unique freshness. It has a wonderful clean sweetness like just showered skin
Its so nice to wear in spring and summer after swimming or water activities. My favorite out of the clean line despite collecting a lot of other clean products.

chrisndema
chrisndema

Christianne1 Hear! Hear!
You said it sister!........enuff said!

Lill Kaja
Lill Kaja

I am sorry all fans. To me this smells like toilet refreshener. But a good one! My bathroom smells frehs and clean with this, but on myself? No.

Added: My 12 y.o loves this scent, and it suits her very well.

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

Very laundry detergenty. To me, this is more strongly of detergent than fresh laundry, which is plenty faux-Gain.

jullan
jullan

This one is awesome! Smells like fresh and clean laundry. Wearing it right now. I always get asked which perfume I'm wearing when I've sprayed this one on. Recommending it, it's perfect.

[email protected]
kfadhel@hotmail.com

رائحه رائعة منعشة .. الفوحان والثبات جيد

EBaby
EBaby

I love this fragrance. I usually go for fruity, sweet, balsamic and vanilla scents but have always wanted a clean scent that isn't too aquatic. I love the way clean, warm cotton smells right out of the dryer. Reminds me of curling up in the laundry basket as a kid after mom pulled the clean sheets out.... Wow. This is such a comforting scent. Ahhhhh.

samloves
samloves

Yes it does smell like fabric conditioner but thats not a bad thing, its great for when you just want to smell clean and fresh. Its not a sexy intoxicating fragrance like so many on the marked, people just think your just really clean and this can be quite attractive to the opposite sex.

calyx93
calyx93

this is not a perfume - this is what scents laundry detergent.

so soapy and chemical it makes me and others ill. strong too.

andabri
andabri

I love warm cotton. It a very simple fragrance. Extremely clean and fresh smelling as the name suggests.

To me, it smells like my favorite discontinued dryer sheets, Bounce Pure Essentials Aloe and White Lilac. I don't smell any citrus or fruits, amber or plants, this is just a pure laundry scent on my skin.

I happen to love the smell of laundry, it's the smell of home and comfort to me, so I adore this fragrance. As some people use lavender fragrance to quiet their mind, I put some of this on, and am immediately transported to when I was a kid and would jump into the pile of clean, hot laundry on the bed during cold days.

This will literally make you smell like a pile of fresh laundry. If you are not inclined to walk around smelling like dryer sheets, you will probably want to skip this and find another clean scent to wear.

christianne1
christianne1

Okay, I am going to explain the appeal of the Clean fragrance line for those who don't get it. While this is embarrassing to admit...it must be done.

It is for those of us who like to skip the shower on occasion. Or maybe we take the shower but skip the laundry. Or the hair washing.

There....I said it.

Now, that I have admitted it, I will tell you that I am completely in love with this line...for this very reason. People hug me and say "you smell SO good!!" when I haven't showered for 2 days or haven't washed my hair in longer than that. Yet somehow I manage to smell....CLEAN.

There are more of us in the world than we want to admit. But I am coming out of the closet. Yes, I skip showers and hair washing sometimes. I'm tired...I'm busy. And its just too much dang trouble. But I can do the quick wash off, spray myself, my clothes and my hair with this stuff and feel fresh as a daisy. Regular fragrance does not work this way. You mix Chanel with funk and you get funky Chanel. You mix Warm Cotton with funk and you get....a clear improvement. Even freshness. And even compliments. The Eau de Butte is barely even detectable, even by the most discerning of noses.

Okay, the secret is out. (Sorry to those who are still cowering in the closet with their less than fresh selves). CLEAN is for those of us who are just too tired to REALLY be clean sometimes...so we fake it. So there.

ImCreatedBeautifull
ImCreatedBeautifull

I'm trying soo hard to like this fragrance however the initial spray is extremely offensive. It smells like you're smelling a fabric softener. I'll continue to try to enjoy it because I bought it. If anyone has any suggestions on layering this perfume with another to make it more enjoyable please share.

icecube
icecube

I cant se why it is so much fuzz about Warm Cotton.
I mostly get the wasingpowder mixed with citrus.
I my mind I se white linen hanging outside drying in the wind.
But would not by or use it.

janelle70
janelle70

i would not have minded smelling like clean laundry, but whiffing this one seems like putting my head inside a newly opened laundry detergent bag... the insecticide note does not help either... not very pleasant, i'm afraid.

alumiini
alumiini

I'm huge Clean -fan. I loooove sweet and edgy sticky dark perfumes and Clean is opposite of those. It brings a balance to my perfume shelf and there true are these days when you won't/can't use heavy sweet scents. Cleans are perfect for those days 'cause i feel naked without perfume.

Warm Cotton is geniously beautiful perfume. Warm, fresh,edgy, feminine and ... so simple in the most gorgerous way.

This is true love. <3

evesoho
evesoho

Clean Warm Cotton is for whenever I don't want to feel like I'm wearing perfume, but still want to (hopefully) smell amazing. I love that this is what a perfume can accomplish these days.

Not a complex or extravagant musk, it's a slightly salty, slightly sweet, slightly tangy musk. With its bright and breezy air, I understand how it could be a hangover tonic like one reviewer said.

It's fun to layer with Demeter Salt Air spray and/or BBW Sea Island Cotton lotion!

Warm Cotton seems much more wearable compared to Demeter Laundromat, which to me smells like unclean metal, chemicals and a musty washing machine. It's the only scent I've ever been able to wear with my lulu lemon outfits to the gym.

I wear Warm Cotton with blue jeans and an open knit sweater or t-shirt from The Gap. Speaking of, Washed Cotton from The Gap was the first cotton perfume I ever tried, but it was too strong a perfume for me... not a feel-good-tonic like Warm Cotton!

Yamba1
Yamba1

This was a blind buy based on the reviews and irresistible descriptions of sun dried fresh towels. A perfume with such a definitive name must surely live up to its claims. Yet when I first applied Warm Cotton I was overwhelmed with a very chemical floral musk smell similar to washing powder. We all know that musk is used heavily in cleaning products. Yes, there's musk, but where are you cotton?

After about 20 minutes the perfumes develops more and I do begin to see it can claim the name Warm Cotton. However for me, the smell does not remind me of sun dried towels. It is exactly the same smell that greets me each week when I visit my ironing man to collect my clothes. Warm Cotton is the smell of that ironing shop. The steam, the chemicals and yes, the cotton.

What's more, I like it!

Littlemissca
Littlemissca

I'm buying another bottle of this as soon as I go back to the USA as cannot get this at home. Like what others are saying...smells like the name, like warm towels or bed linen straight out of the dryer...LOVE it

Pilikins
Pilikins

I have grown to love this perfume, although at first, I felt it lacked any character. However, it is probably the most accurately named of all the Clean fragrances that I have smelled. The rather clinical top notes soon warm up with the amber and musk and in the end make a well rounded perfume that does not smell like a 'perfume' just like clean cotton. I love this, as in the Australian heat, heavier perfumes are too overpowering, whilst this makes me feel like I am wearing freshly starched linen. The only problem is that it does not last too long, so I have to apply all day.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

I am repulsed by this scent . Sephora can have it back!(mini from a sampler) I am not going to spend money to smell like a detergent/fabric softener that breaks me out !
My family uses unscented laundry products . No allergens and my clothes don't clash with my choice of scent for the day.
PLEASE people -DO NOT ASSUME THAT LAUNDRY MUSK SCENTS ARE ACCEPTABLE OR NON-OFFENSIVE. Because of widespread commercial overuse they are actually MORE likely to be a allergen from repeated exposeure and get ALL fragrances/products banned in work/school/event situations.Many people can get migraines triggered by such "clean inoffensive scents".

Maybe the tester I tried was off, but this had a definite "funk" to it. It did not remind me of warm cotton in the least. More like standing water in a washing machine and old fruit.
I tried to like the Clean line, because I liked the concept, but all the scents I've tried have been disappointing to say the least.

basgam
basgam

To me this fragrance is like the scent of fresh laundry hung outside in the summer! It's very fresh and soft, not overpowering or offending which is a huge asset as you just smell 'clean'! I was delighted when I got it in the US as it's not that easily available in the country I live.

luna1234567
luna1234567

I got a sample of this today. I like it, the name pretty much says it all. It smells like clothes that have been cleaned with laundry detergent. It's very clean.

pinkypuff
pinkypuff

No matter how many people finds it like a detergant, for me this is one of the BEST of all time! Yes maybe in the bottle it really smells like something which belongs to laundry, but when it comes together with your own chemistry it turns in to something different, something ADORABLE.

nightcat23
nightcat23

I don't know how on Earth Clean made this stuff! It's amazing. It smells like they captured freshly dried sheets in a bottle!

It smells like straight up detergent. I own it and use it, however I prefer to spray it directly onto my clothes before I put them on.

People always compliment me and ask me what fabric softener I use, when I tell them it's a perfume they don't believe me! I adore this stuff and will probably always try to keep a bottle in my collection as it's so unique and perfect to pull out when I want to smell ultra clean. I can't smell the musk and amber in the traditional perfume sense, all I smell is fresh and fluffy towels!

Love it!

Brittanyreneeyoung
Brittanyreneeyoung

love how fresh this smells! like clean linen :) very nice.

michelle.palovich
michelle.palovich

My favorite scent to wear any time of the year!! Every time I wear it someone asks who smells so good and always asks the name of this scent!! Many of my friends are now Clean Warm Cotton wearers!!!

SoBeauteous
SoBeauteous

I love this! I wear it and many others on the Clean line. It smells so clean. Those that expected something else...didn't read the name of the perfume. I get compliments all the time. It smells so good!

anna.023
anna.023

I have a bad, bad relationship with the clean line. I totally hated it at first. It really reminded me about my moms laundry (and her nagging me to help..) But after smelling the same nice, crisp, fresh scent on many of my coworkers I got intrested and asked what everybody was wearing? And you know what it was of course?! CLEAN! Whaat?

Allright, I needed to test this so called "perfume" straight away. And so I did. The first thing that became clear was that its not the same wierd "I just took a swim in the softener" kind of scent, its actually pretty good. Well, its not a complex Chanel here, but its a clean, crisp and great everyday frag. And most strange of all things is, my BF never, ever comments on any of my perfumes. He just thinks its silly and cant even tell the difference between a bottle of Poison or an Escada summer frag. But when I just came home (efter testning this) he put hes nose in the air and started to SNIFF! He really, really liked this and even had a long speech about how great it was?! hah! I guess Im gonna need this now. Clean finally got me!

shannon.christensen.986
shannon.christensen.986

It smells exactly like what it sounds like. Whenever I wear it I smell like a freshly laundered load of wash. It's a nice fragrance to wear around the house. Uncomplicated and comforting.

missnoe
missnoe

Still working my way through the Clean line; I'm not willing to give up on the concept quite yet. I like this one. It smells kind of like you smacked the Snuggle bear with some lemons and a flower or two. I don't pick up any of the base notes though. Surprising longevity (12+ hours for me). Some sillage (people say I smell good, with a vaguely confused look on their faces). If you do not enjoy the fresh-from-the-dryer thing, this will not work for you.

sherryxfilesfan

Honestly can't understand why you would spray this on if you DIDN'T want. to smell like "clean warm cotton". Its not like it has a deceiving name. It tells you exactly what it smells like.. ..geesh.....

Soap
Soap

I have it. I like it, not love it.

Linear and exciting the first few days of wearing it, but later, VERY monotonous. Smells like a dryer sheet, and little else.

If that's what you want to smell like, go for it. But you can count me out. I've had enough.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

The name says it all .

It smells just like Warm Cotton . I always have a bottle of this wonderful scent .

orchidbetty
orchidbetty

Smells like the name, Warm Cotton. It was nice, however, it has a "stick to the back of your throat" sweetness that is kinda overwhelming. Probably best to diluted and use as a light linen spray for the sheets or room freshener. Too bad.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

I am a a hater of this one. It smells like scented soap/lotion not a feminine or woman scent. I do not feel pretty wearing it.

I don't want to smell like laundry all day.

Another one that would be an excellent home fragrance. I wish Glade plug in sold it.

kschisler04
kschisler04

I absolutely LOVE the way this smells. Just like clothes out of the dryer, yum! Unfortunately it really disappears on my skin :( It's hard to detect unless I'm holding my skin up to my nose. Bummer.

disti
disti

This scent is absolutely amazing, I get compliments whenever I wear this. I think out of all the CLEAN variants this is my favorite.. but it's difficult to judge since it's not available in my country anymore =(

It smells just like its name, clean!! flowery & warm like summer. I will repurchase for sure~

jreyes366
jreyes366

Honestly, this is just one of those scents that either you really love or really hate and I happen to absolutely LOVE it. Clean warm cotton by clean is just amazing and fresh and warm and cuddley and yummy. I honestly do not see how people could hate this scent. If anything, it will make you smell lovely and approachable. Some people just don't want a heavy perfumey smell, so this is a great option.

Cashmere4ever
Cashmere4ever

Hurts my nose hairs. Blind buy, based on reviews. Can't stand it for one second. Very strong detergent smell, like a cleaning agent. I waited to see if the dry down would be appealing… but no.. still the exact same pungent smell. Not for me. My partner hates it too.

Want to trade?

I have a 1oz (30ml) bottle of EDP Spray & 1 oz (30ml) Body Souffle

Let me know what you have in the $30 range including shipping and what you might want to trade.

Christine

vonwinklestine

I've been wearing this perfume recently with another perfume. never thought of layering it before, but it works perfectly.

MyNoirBeehive
MyNoirBeehive

More like clean, wet cotton! Has a dampness to it, a slightly musty note. It's sharp-ish in a good way and definitely a good choice if you want a laundry scent.

ReezeWahab
ReezeWahab

it smells like fresh laundry basket !!! :)

candyaddict
candyaddict

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this but was pleasantly surprised! It smells very clean and inoffensive, as long as it is sprayed in moderation.

kwagner
kwagner

I do not like this as a perfume. Smells just like dryer sheets/laundry detergent. Which is a nice smell but it is very strong & you can't wash it off. I'm so happy I got this in a sample pack because I would not purchase this. It has a very synthetic/soapy quality to it that I dont find pleasant on my skin for hours. I've diluted it w/water & put in a spray bottle & use as an air freshener--very similar to febreeze (but more expensive).

Clean Warm Cotton to my nose is the scent of clothes just after being removed from the washing machine, after a warm rinse and spin dry.

There's definitely a floral blend in this fragrance that reminds one of the scent of washing powder, but it's more the scent of washing powder after having gone through the wash. This is damp scented clothes, not the dry, lightly scented kind.

I like this fragrance much more than other scents in the Clean range because to me it smells a lot less clean and more musty. It's also quite intense and easily unisex.

I'm actually quite intrigued by the way in which the perfumer has created Clean Warm Cotton. I would liken this fragrance's accuracy to that of the house of Demeter, where every perfume smells exactly like its name. For what it's worth, I'm enjoying smelling Clean Warm Cotton.

If someone ever gave me a bottle of this, I don't think I'd wear it on my skin. I would use it mostly to scent my clothes, towels and bed linen. In other words, I enjoy the scent around me but not on me.

The most dominant notes to my nose in this composition tend to be pear, lilac and white musk. The blend is fairly linear, not that I mind anyway. In terms of lasting strength, Clean Warm Cotton will never let you down.

vonwinklestine

I got this perfume about 3 to 4 years ago and i still have half of it. When i first smelt it i adored it, i was really into clean scents and had been looking for a scent that really does smell like freshing tumbled clothes and this was it!

I wore it alot to work, because it didn't really smell like you were wearing perfume, more you were just really clean.

I really like this scent but found that i kind of got bored of it, and now i'm not so much into laundry type scents, Also my boyfriend told me it smells of strong aftershave! I don't think it does, but it's not to everyones tastes i guess. but i will still be keeping my bottle, It's one of those unique perfumes you have to have in your collection.

lettyb76
lettyb76

When I first smelled it straight out of the bottle, I loved it. It reminded me of sheets that I had just taken out of the dryer (a smell I absolutely love). I sprayed it on a strip of paper and I still loved it, so I sprayed it once on my wrist to try it out. I'm glad I didn't buy it because on the way home I had to drive with my windows open. Even though I only sprayed it once, the smell was very overpowering. It smells like the laundry detergent aisle at the grocery store. This was the EDP version. Maybe the EDT smells less strong. In any case, I won't be putting this on my wish list.

989jul
989jul

Strong smell of a laundry detergent.

peppermint136
peppermint136

This is one of two of my favorite scents. And I agree with Raisac-if you hate the smell of laundry and cotton, why would you try something called "Clean Warm Cotton?" XD

To me it smells like a delicious blend of cotton and lemongrass (although that's not listed in the notes)

Scent: 10/10 I WUV IT! Ok, ok, I know that was odd.
Bottle: 6/10. Meh, kind of plain.
Lasting power: 7/10 (5 hours)

Raisac
Raisac

I like it a lot. Ladies who don't like the smell of clean cotton why did you buy a perfume called "clean warm cotton"??? LOL!

Sunfllowers
Sunfllowers

It truly smells like laundry detergent.I love it but it's way too overpowering. I mean it burns my nose

sherryxfilesfan

I find clean/fresh smelling fragrances irresistible. I was searching for the perfect clean smelling fragrance when I stumbled upon the CLEAN line. I read the descriptions and watched some videos about this particular perfume and I immediately placed an order for a bottle of warm cotton. I feel like I have found my perfect scent. This scent is so comforting. It smells exactly like freshly washed clothing straight out of the dryer. I get so many complements on this. Everyone says it smells like the dryer, they love it and so do I. This was my first CLEAN brand fragrance and I can say with certainty, not my last!

purrz11
purrz11

I blind bought this as a Christmas gift for my son's girlfriend. It's being returned tomorrow. I was expecting a nice clean casual scent but I could have just as well bought her a jug of Tide detergent for much cheaper. Perfect if you want to smell like a laundry room.

dani_brasil
dani_brasil

Sorry, but to me, it smells like detergent. Nothing warm nor cotton, just detergent. I did not like it, I feel like I've spent my time doing the washing-up instead of wearing perfume.

AllieK
AllieK

I've been searching high and low for a fresh, innocent, and light scent to wear to work on an everyday basis. The name sounds so inviting, I thought this had to be it! But after trying it out yesterday (I had a sample), I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be. I love the smell of fresh laundry, but I found this overpowering and astringent. Could be it just doesn't work with my skin, but today I'm sampling Cotton T-Shirt and liking it far better so far.

Pinni

I already loved this for a moment and was VERY close to buying a bottle. I got a small sample instead and kept using it a while. I liked it at that time and also got a nice comment from my bf.

Now I'm happy that I didn't put money to an actual bottle! It still smells like fresh laundry (a scent I love) but now it annoys me! It smells too artificial for me to want to put it on. AND it's inescapably associated with those days in a job I hated. Now it smells like the rainy days I spent standing on the streets, freezing to death and wondering if I'll get fired soon.

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

In my country this is the best selling of all the Clean perfumes.. I feel bad using the word perfume to describe this because to me a perfume is something that makes you smell pleasant and this does not do that. Unless your idea of pleasant is a citrusy toilet spray.. How some people can stand (and enjoy!) this is beyond me. Perhaps it is my chemistry but I get the same nauseating artificial smell on a paper strip.. Just awful. The only Clean scent I can sort of stand is the Ultimate one, worth a try if you must have a Clean in your collection.

tuoksu
tuoksu

I love this, it smells clean and like warm cotton as the name suggests. My (female) boss has complemented it too.

Fragrance
Fragrance

When you try this fragrance it gives you the exact feeling of warm cotton,but I really can't stand the smell:(

Mollymaree
Mollymaree

I purchased a three pack of CLEAN fragrances and this was included along with CLEAN Shower Fresh, and CLEAN Fresh Laundry. I was hoping I would love all three because I have heard lots of positive reviews on them and they sounded like fragrances I would love. I received them and smelled them all, the only one I liked was CLEAN Shower Fresh and even that is a little strong in scent. I am pretty disappointed. This Fragrance CLEAN Warm Cotton smells just like a bottle of Lysol Bathroom cleaner I have under my bathroom sink that I never use because it smells so bad like strong Lilac and Jasmine. If you like the smell of lilac in a perfume then this is for you but If you don't, then avoid this scent like the plague. Just the slight smell of this perfume gave me a pretty good headache and the smell will not leave my nose. Very disappointed with this product and scent.

Hyponse
Hyponse

Wow! This smells fresh, clean, warm, clean again! Lovely, lovely smell that draws attention to you. People pass you and stops to ask what you are wearing. Shy, delicate, knockout of a day scent if you don`t want to smell of perfume, but only want a good body odor.

Hamano_Chiaki
Hamano_Chiaki

Very comforting scent! I think I'm gonna byu it some day. Smells exactly like the name suggests.

Biancaneve
Biancaneve

I don't like it at all. It smells bad, really bad, I just can't stand the smell.

Pinni

Very nice clean and fresh scent. Smells exactly what it's supposed to smell.

Good summer fragrance for weekday use or sunny weekends at home. Not sexy or alluring in any way so not maybe the best choice for a date or a night out.

Definitely for a girl that wants to smell good even at home.

sniffandsingwithme
sniffandsingwithme

It is summer. And there it is my cotton summer dress. Washed and cleaned with high quality detergent, dried, ironed and then folded, still warm and smells clean and fresh. I took it from my laundry basket and wear it as I am getting ready to go to the beach with my friends this summer afternoon or maybe just go for a walk in the park, chatting and having ice cream too.

That's how I picture this fragrance.

To all who hates to smell like a laundry, can't you see that the name really suggests all of your complains?! What did you expect when you tried it? :)

flues
flues

this is most synthetical parfum i have ever had, it smells like detergant, big disappointed...

nataliaspada
nataliaspada

This is the worst perfume I've ever tried. I was expecting a delicious fresh clean perfume, but it smells like rotten detergent...I wouldn't like this scent even for the soap of my clothes!
EW!!!!
how can you people like this??? so many good smells over there...

Lingonberry
Lingonberry

This is a scent that sort of grew on me, but I haven't decided if I like it or not. I thought it could suit since it has been described as warm, and that I like.
The first sprays were as if the perfume had separated into two scents with a strong jasmine at center and something more citrusy on the side. But not blended and not a jasmin at its best. Now I see that there isn't even any citrus in it. It was really bad on my skin and sorry to say but very nauseating.
Well, a couple of days and sprays later I started to notice something else and after letting it sit on my skin I can really imagine how I would feel if curled up in a large comfy sofa by the fireplace, just showered and with a newly washed, really large and fluffy cotton towel wrapped around me while reading a favourite book. It is a scent that at least I had to try many times and sort of had to learn how to smell it.
I don't know if I would recommend it to anyone, but if your skin behaves like mine and you are interested in it, try it many many times before purchase.

I have yet to find a CLEAN fragrance that speaks to me, but I'm always open for a conversion, so I donned WARM COTTON this morning in the hopes of encountering a surprise. I suppose that I was surprised, in a way, to find that Clean's version of warm cotton smells initially just like Tide laundry detergent. Don't get me wrong: I actually love the smell of laundry. Sometimes I stop on the way home and stand outside the nearby laundromat just to smell the beautiful steamy fumes emanating from the place. Few scents are more comforting to me than that of clean fresh sheets from the dryer.

Tide laundry detergent, on the other hand, has a chemically, sickening smell which does not sit well with me (which is why I no longer use it or Wisk or any of those thick blue liquids...). WARM COTTON does change a bit, becoming just a touch woody, but I never really get the feeling of warm cotton, and the blue detergent smell lingers on and on, tinging the woodiness in a somewhat unpleasant way. This does not smell like warm sheets from the dryer. But it is what it is, and it's not what it's not. This one's not for me.

Just love it. No flowery/fruity/yucky. Nice and clean, what could be better?

suz54
suz54

my boyfriend can't keep hisnose off my neck when i wear clean warm cotton. he likes it as i like it...makes me happy.
: )

fayez188
fayez188

ياه كم اتمنى ان اجربه من كتابات المشاركين تحس انه بنعومة القطن وزكي الرائحة مثل الصابون

Carolinealgot
Carolinealgot

Great for the day you just want to smell nice & clean and dont want to smell a specific perfume ! (?) It's simple! I love it!

Hilde
Hilde

If people dislike this for smelling like laundry I say, well that is kind of the point isn't it? I can't get this kind of lasting power by washing myself with soap, or wearing fresh from the laundry basket clothes. I don't necessarily want to smell like perfume, I just want to smell good and clean. :)
It's fresh, clean and citrusy. I smell mostly citrus and jasmine with this one. Smells like your clothes are crisp and clean.

I like this one and shower fresh.

karlee79
karlee79

this smells like original tide and original bounce, nothing more nothing less. And thats one less scent i wanna smell during the day, I hate laundry.

SSUNSHINE4497
SSUNSHINE4497

Smells just like the fabric softener Bounce...which I really like...its soft, warm and clean scented! But to me its a bit pricey.

guest_,....d
guest_,....d

To Migotka and Allegra. I disagree it is the new thing, to smel clean. I like that the parfume is not so to heavy to smel to. And come on? Do you guys someone there not want to smel clean?

crumbling_images
crumbling_images

I get so many compliments about this unique scent. It reminds me of those lazy Sunday afternoons. It's my favorite of the CLEAN fragrances. Too bad...my husband hates Warm Cotton...such a tragedy.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

My favorite clean scent. It's warm and fresh.

I don't see anything wrong with smelling clean. It's so much better than those people who try to cover body odor with intense florals. That's the worst scent ever...The Clean perfumes aren't about a harsh cleaner scent like some perfumes can imitate. It just enhances your own scent, and draws people closer to you.

messy-mom
messy-mom

Smells like a very strong version of Bounce dryer sheets. Nauseating, so of course it lasts forever. If you want to smell like laundry, this is for.

Allegra
Allegra

I totally agree with you Migotka, this fragrance is a weird thing. It makes a great room spray or air freshener but to use it as a perfume... That's quite a strange idea as far as I'm concerned, because this product smells like cheap fabric softener bought from a discount store. Not my cup of tea in any way!

Migotka
Migotka

This must be one of the weirdest fragrances I came across.
It smells like clothes straight after ironing. With the first spray you can feel the warmth and cleanliness. It is a very surprising feeling at first. You get the feeling of tranquility and peace.
I kind of liked it, but I think it should be a home fragrance rather than a pefume. Great for spraying bed linen before going to sleep.

black bacarra
black bacarra

This has dethroned Classic Clean as my favorite Clean variant. Smells like fabric softener sheets like Bounce crossed with Downy.

randik
randik

If you want to smell innocently fresh, well this is it:)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clean Clean Warm Cotton fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Clean Clean Warm Cotton, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Clean Warm Cotton by Clean. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Clean Warm Cotton by Clean represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.