Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Fresh Laundry Clean for women

Fresh Laundry Clean for women
dislike

Fresh Laundry Clean for women Pictures

Fresh Laundry by Clean is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Fresh Laundry was launched in 2005. Top notes are orange, lime and grass; middle notes are jasmine and rose; base notes are heliotrope, woody notes and musk.

Orange Lime Grass

Jasmine Rose

Heliotrope Woody Notes Musk

Fresh Laundry Fragrance Reviews

Serena139
Serena139

Yes, it's sharp. Did you eat soap as a kid? Remember that chemically bitter taste that burned your nostrils? There's the tiniest tang of this in Fresh Laundry. And I love it. Beyond that it smells clean, comforting, like a new day. Like all your clothes are pressed and you have a fresh shot at everything. Somehow both cold and warm. The warmth, I suppose, like the heat from a dryer. I couldn't decide on a season. Refreshing for Summer, sure, but the coldness also matches Winter really well. Harsh, fresh morning light. I really love this.

DandelionPicker
DandelionPicker

Smells like laundry soap. Not a good, soft smell, but very overpowering to me. Won't wear it but did use it as a room fragrance!

Soie
Soie

This actually reminds me of the smell of dry / powdered detergent more than it does the smell of liquid laundry detergent, or freshly laundered clothes. There is a note (perhaps the one for grass) or combination of notes here that lends to it a salty, sodium carbonate sort of aroma.

Particlarly nice as a personal fragrance for hot days, or as an ambient scent for a bedroom or bathroom.

wendyangeln
wendyangeln

THIS STUFF!
This is going to sound very nuanced, but if you have cotton sheets, and you wash them in the machine with Persil washing powder and generic lemony fabric softener, and dry them on very high heat, and then sniff them when they are still just a little warm from the dryer... THIS IS WHAT THEY SMELL LIKE! It really really does smell like clean laundry, I'm so in love!

I'm a huge clean-freak, so to be able to put on the smell of "clean" is such a dream for me! It's great for hot days, and other people really enjoy it, I've found.

It's not very longlasting on me, but I don't mind reapplying because I really enjoy that lemony-cottony fresh top!

It's a handy little thing to have for days when you don't really want "perfumey" perfume. Overpriced, though, like pretty much everything at Sephora.

And, uh, the bottle is really un-cute, you know?

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

As a child in the 70s I loved the smell of loves rain scent which was one of the fragrances available that smelled like rainwashed breezes and fresh laundry. Loves rain scent was available until the early 90s then sadly disappeared. Clean fresh laundry reminds me of the simple beauty of loves rain scent. It is a treasure and I adore it especially after a long day or for a trip to the country.

Nylonster
Nylonster

One of the best blindbuys! It really smells like clean Laundry, but it's more coplicated and deeper white aroma. It is perfect for every-day fragrance.

laura.linger.3
laura.linger.3

A delicious skin scent on me, something I wear on those days when I want to wear fragrance (EVERY day!) but don't want to smell all perfumed. You know what I am talking about. This is a lovely scent for those times when you just want to smell fresh, and clean...YOU, only better. Others have called it a "t-shirt and jeans" fragrance. That description is perfect. It's a Sunday afternoon kind of fragrance, the kind of day where you let your shampooed hair air dry and you skip makeup.

One more thing: it is a great fragrance when you are ill. I had pneumonia a couple of months ago and had to go in the hospital. I could wear Fresh Clean Laundry and still feel feminine and lovely, lightly scented, without offending anyone or aggravating my symptoms. This would be a great scent for anyone who works in the medical field.

Inventress
Inventress

Fresh Laundry really does smell of laundry, reminiscent of bleached white sheets hanging in the sun outside, country style. It is at once citrusy and green, but smells inviting via musk and a white floral vibe. Fresh laundry opens with lime and grass. Jasmine joins in the midnotes and musk rounds out the base. These notes are blended so well, however, that it is difficult to discern one from another. Instead, the bigger picture of fresh laundry humorously teases the nostrils of a slow spring or summer day.

Some may frown at a fragrance that smells reminiscent of a fabric softener. However, Clean does not hide this from the consumer, naming their scent appropriately. Fresh Laundry is a perfect T-shirt and jeans fragrance, imparting a sense of clean.

markrosedale
markrosedale

I think this is a good dupe for Byredo Blanche.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

Really horrible. I mean seriously, this really smells like fabric softener. For me that is good for my clothes, but a perfume ? No !

Vanillie
Vanillie

Nice, but not the best Clean scent.

Princess
Princess

This is the best clean scent! its fresh & powdery, and not strong smelling. But the lasting power is bad:(

colours
colours

This smells so amazing to me, I don't know why. It's just so smooth, soft and cotton-y. I like how it doesn't have that "bite" or over-powdery smell that a lot of cotton scents have. I wish there were more forms of it like a room fragrance oil, room spray, etc.

shelece
shelece

I always love this when I first put this on but as the day goes by it smells too powdery or musky for me. Almost all of the CLEAN line has this musty undertones. I almost like them but they fall apart for me.

Soignee
Soignee

This scent smells like Tide laundry detergent to me. Now, I like the smell of Tide as a detergent, but I don't necessarily want to smell like that. I consider this a non-perfume: it smells like clean laundry, and that's it.

To me, a perfume should be more than clean-smelling laundry. If I want to smell like Tide, I can just wash my clothes in it. However, I prefer to smell more than clean; I want my fragrance to evoke beauty and femininity.

dezaval
dezaval

Fresh and clean fragrance. It is ideal for spring and summer mornings, when going to work or just for a long walk. Its sillage and longevity are great too. I wear it these last 2-3 days and I got compliments for it, especially from people who can't stand heavy or more "sophisticated" fragrances.
OK, it's not a fragrance with "depth" or complicated, but this is not its intention. After all, it's called "Fresh Laundry". What one would expect it to smell like? This is how is supposed to smell like. Its purpose is to give the feeling of wearing fresh cleaned clothes, it's neat, linear, simple and non-offensive. No excess, but simplicity and cleanliness. And that's fine with me...

peeachediva
peeachediva

I absolutely LOVE this!!! I have a wide array of perfumes, anything from the Caron,Pateau, Guerlain line to...believe it or not some of the celebrity scents.

A couple of days ago at Sephora, I got Clean Laundry and Warm Cotton. OMG, both really beautiful. It is the CLEAN LAUNDRY , however that strikes me the most. Yes, there is the 'Downy' factor, but much more, for me. I was trying to figure out what gave it one of it's mysterious characters. When I looked at the notes on Fragrantica.... Yup it's the HELIOTROPE. It's a definitely soft silage, but what people have been telling me while I wear it , is that it is so subtle, it seems like that it's a smell of me, not of a perfume. That's kind of neat, really. I also have the Clean Warm Cotton. Also a fresh scent, but with a coziness to it. I would like to have the whole line in my perfume closet, but so far, Clean Laundry is my favorite.

Museumgal
Museumgal

It's nice and inoffensive but not the best of the line. The citrus doesn't stand out as much as others in the Clean line, and the flowers are a bit muddled. Does smell like clean laundry but not the most distinctive scent. Has the same clean musk base essential to the line but it is not showcased as well as some of the others, like Warm Cotton.

aveilhe
aveilhe

The first time I tried this fragrance was on a day that I was feeling a bit under-the-weather. It was just perfect: clean, fresh, and comforting. It made me feel better -- like cuddling under freshly laundered sheets!

I prefer to apply it to my clothing, so it imparts that "fresh laundry" smell all day. It is light enough that it can be layered with my usual fragrances, as well.

When making perfume recommendations, I tend to recommend this to people who dislike "perfumey" scents in general who are really drawn to clean smells.

Fresh Laundry is not groundbreaking or complex: it is simply a well-rendered interpretation of laundry soap, with light musk, green and citrus notes, and some subtle florals. It is indeed true to its name.

Nice idea here. A soapy, clean linen scent isn't groundbreaking, but it could be a nice option for lazy day wear. Unfortunately this smells like laundry soap & rotten flowers.

Kiera79
Kiera79

Yep, smells like soap. Why wouldn't I just buy soap? Maybe if I disliked actually washing this would be a good choice.

JoanCrawford
JoanCrawford

It does smell exactly like fresh linens. Very light, neutral scent. Unfortunately, as I speak, my wrists are red from all of the itching I've been doing. -___- Looks like I have some sort of allergy to whatever is in this... guess that's what happens when you get cheaper perfume's.

ver jaina
ver jaina

this is not even fit to be called a perfume....received a sample of it & luckily i never blind buy the mini i've stumbled upon perfumeberry website.
what i smell it is the scent of laundry soaked with detergent before entering the washing machine.
almost evaporated & scentless on my skin.

Whenever I test a Clean scent, I always know what to expect. The entire brand is focused on re-creating that refreshing feeling you get from smelling clean. Clean Fresh Laundry, as is you would expect, a fresh and inoffensive fragrance with a subtle citrus opening.

I chose to test Clean Fresh Laundry on my coat sleeve before applying it to my skin. On fabric, this fragrance smells perfect, just like the scent of a Spring inspired fabric softener. Clean Fresh Laundry also seems to hold a lot longer on fabric than it does on the skin.

When in contact with my skin, Clean Fresh Laundry becomes quite citrusy. The lime and orange notes in the opening, makes Clean Fresh Laundry fruitier than any other scent from Clean. I think it works in its favour.

Unfortunately the longevity is shockingly bad on my skin. Its subtlety also makes it difficult to smell at times. When on the move, it helps to carry the bottle with you, to re-apply throughout the day.

It's not an outstanding fragrance, but then again, I don't think Clean intended for it to be seen as a masterpiece. It's a good choice for those that shy from wearing perfume, and is also an option for anyone that suffers from perfume allergy.

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

beaker90:

i also used to pair this with my other perfumes. give clean warm cotton a try too, it's like freshly tumbled warm clothes, it goes with pretty much everything.

beaker90
beaker90

I put a spritz of this on the chest of my clothes and layer it with everything. To my nose, it really is like rolling around in a pile of freshly washed linens. That relaxing, comforting smells wafts up around me all day - it lasts forever, which is uncommon for me and "fresh" scents. It's a bit too light to wear on its own, but it pairs beautifully with the rest of my wardrobe.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Clean Fresh Laundry is airy and crisp. Brazilian orange, mexican lime, fresh mown grass, cyclamen, rose otto, night blooming white jasmine petals, heliotrope, and musk. Fresh Laundry has the longest lasting scent out of all the Clean fragrances and is the perfect linen scent!

sunshine2079
sunshine2079

bought this whislt on a short trip to copenhagen. Was attracted to the idea of smelling like laundry but in reality it doesn't really do it for me. It's a total contradiction to all my body creams, shower gels etc I perfer more exotic jasmines, orientals with a touch of citrus generally, so unfortunately doesn't work with my skin :-(

Kokeshi
Kokeshi

I purchased this after sniffing it directly from the bottle. I found it similiar to the scent of freshly laundered clothing that's been hung out to dry in the fresh air. Unfortunately, once I sprayed it on my skin it began to smell of urine.

ingalee
ingalee

This is one of the better scents of clean, I have long gone and the smell of this, but thought it was too expensive. a few months so I came over to my joy, but it is a day scent, does not smell like much but it is wonderful .. only downside is that it does not last as long time.

lara0905
lara0905

This fragrance takes me back in the past, when I lived in London. Cloudy day...and fresh laundry smell on the street...:)I like it!

TheLadyApryle
TheLadyApryle

I'm freshly showered and am prepping for bed * spritz- spritz *. Soothing. Comforting. Goodnight.

Nukekubi
Nukekubi

I got this as a present, and I had tried it before in the store - so I was a little sceptical. The Clean-series is both intresting and somewhat cool - but I did not see it as a scent I could wear for the everydays. For me the perfumes were just mere fun - smelling and comparing the names of the perfumes with the smells. But I gave it a go and was proven wrong. It works great for many parts of my lifestyle It smells really comfy. Nice, clean, warm, - in a way. Far from sexy and provocative, and DOES smell like fresh laundry - indeed very pleasant. It's very nice for studying days, days at work and when you just want to smell nice, but not offend anyone or make a statement. I do, at least, have those days - and that's when I pick this smell.

tuoksu
tuoksu

Tried this today, didn't like it at first but after the drydown I can't stop smelling it. It smells soft, but I'm not good at picking out notes....

roccoheartssmells
roccoheartssmells

Last five seconds but I love those five seconds...haha. Smells better in the splash as opposed to the spray.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

clean dainty floral....the cotton flower is the standout...and though its not listed, i get a beautiful muted freesia. not at all like the astringent sexless original clean...
this is so pretty, virginal and innocent....a perfume fit for a precious little flower girl at a spring time wedding.
the romantic in me must insist on further telling you that this night is dark and cold and raining fiercely....a mirror image of this scent

Migotka
Migotka

Woooahhh! I think the nose behind this fragrance took it's name a bit too seriously. Making a fragrance that smells like a detergent is a step too far in an attempt to make a fragrance smell 'clean'...

I am actually pretty sure that whatever notes are listed there, there is one missing: a note of washing powder. From the beginning to the end, Fresh Laundry smells like little granules of the amazing substance that makes greay stains/grass/mud/wine disappear from your shirts slash dresses slash any other clothing items.

However, I cannot say that smelling FL is a unique olfactory experience. If I want to get a glimpse of it, it's enough that I pop into any store's and direct myself towards shelves with all the cleaning products, or stuck my nose into my very own washing powder bag. So much cheaper, and you get the real thing :)

karlee79
karlee79

3 words, Downy April Fresh

Aalia
Aalia

The first day I tested this, it was very floral-fruity. The scent was also very fresh, not candied, very clear, almost acquatic. I felt it youthful, and unusual for a floral-fruity and

The second day I tested it, I found it to smell exactly like a generic fabric softener dryer sheet, straight out of the box. The perfume also became very sweet on the second day of testing.

All of the notes blend together very well, however the cotton flower note persists, the whole time. I love the cotton flower note, mixing with the orange at the top, the lime in the base. The jasmine and rose are mixed so very smoothly it is difficult to discern them, but they make a fabulous effect with the cotton flower and citruses.

The scent, on me, vascillates from a fun, charming perfume, to fabric softener scent- back and forth, back and forth.

I'd use it as a bed-time scent, as it has low sillage and it does not last long. It does remind me of Bath and Body Works Sea Island Cotton. Overall, it's lively and relaxing, unique,
cute and cuddly.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Hmmm...sometimes smelling like fabric softener is all you need to face the day. Gap Washed Cotton is perfect for those days! I don't know how Fresh Laundry smells, but it must be nice.

Fresh Laundry by Clean 3.66 out of 5 based on 205 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clean Fresh Laundry fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Clean Fresh Laundry, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fresh Laundry by Clean. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fresh Laundry by Clean represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.