Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Clinique Happy Clinique for women

Clinique Happy Clinique for women
dislike

I have it: 1108 I had it: 1795 I want it: 363 My signature: 39

Clinique Happy Clinique for women Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for women Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for women Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for women Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for women Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for women Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for women Pictures

Clinique Happy is a fragrance of joy, the essence of a sunny, happy morning. Wear Happy and be happy! Fresh apple, plums and bergamot mixed with the fresh-air accord as top notes proceed into the egzotic floral heart composed of freesia, lily, rose and morning orchid. Musk and amber are in perfume’s base. It was created in 1997. Happy was created by Jean Claude Delville and Rodrigo Flores-Roux. It received a 1998 FiFi award. Clinique Happy was created by Jean-Claude Delville and Rodrigo Flores-Roux.

Orange Indian Mandarin Plum Blood Grapefruit Apple Bergamot

Summer Linen

Clinique Happy Fragrance Reviews

Raven NessRavenous
Raven NessRavenous

Firstly, the year is 2014 and I am 30. Happy is my on again, off again scent during spring and summer. Yes, it reminds me of the 90's and the beginning of the 21st century. It is the smell of busy, easy-going 20-year-olds in the year 2003 who wear fitted T-shirts and jeans, and leave their apartments and college dorms with slightly damp Herbal Essence conditioned hair. I wanted a bottle of Happy so bad when I was an undergraduate in college but could not afford it at the time so I stuck to my favorite Suave Ocean Breeze lotion, even though Happy was only $30 a bottle. When I started grad school, I splurged and bought a bottle. I keep it in the fridge so it will not go bad. I have had my bottle for 3 years, and the color of the perfume is still clear and smells the same as the day I bought it. At first, it is citrus bright and reminds me a softer and tamed version of Liz Sport, which I overly abused as a teenager. The color of Happy should be clear. If you find a bottle that has turned yellow, do not purchase it. I have friends with old bottles of Happy and the perfume turned a yellow color. When I sprayed my friend's yellow Happy, it smelled like vinegary Calyx. I have seen people compare Happy to Calyx, which I think must be a result of smelling an old bottle of Happy that has gone off. Good Happy turns into an addictive clean and green musk on my skin after a few hours. I wear Jergens Ultra Healing body lotion with Happy and get nothing but compliments. The reason I do not wear it every day is because I like to take breaks from perfumes and just wear lightly scented lotions. If I ever run out of Happy, I will definitely repurchase.

Very interesting fragrance, airy, breezy and at the same time, little spicy. It is hard to classify it for any season, so I'd say: spring or fall. Is it a happy scent? I dunno, but orange is surely a happy color.

cmlee22
cmlee22

reminds me of tommy girl.. both which i wore in high school. both are nice but unfortunately made me sneeze... nice scents but i think i've outgrown them.

Opening-Note
Opening-Note

I really like this fragrance. It isn't exactly a staple, but it's nice to have. It is very summery, and on my skin it smells clean and beachy. It isn't for everyone, and it isn't a must-have or truly special in any way, but I like to wear it just the same. It is very airy, and it will always remind me of the day that my best friend and I took out first long-distance day trip (it was an amazing day).
A word of caution, though-- don't spray too much. It can be overwhelming.

beatrix75
beatrix75

from the first day I use the happy people ask me and give me compliments about how good I smell. happy is the best summer fragrance until now that I've used and it became my signature parfum. on my skin most I feel freesia lilly and aple wonderful lovely elegant strong long lasting frag 10/10

orlandopiano
orlandopiano

If I had to chose just one fragrance, this wouldn't be it. However, I think it's a great addition to any collection. Once you smell it, you'll certainly find the right application for such a wonderful fragrance.

addie5606
addie5606

I have worn this for years, and even bought Happy Heart also. Now I break out and itch when I put it on, even though it did not do that before.

Sdbaby1
Sdbaby1

I would alway smell this on people and liked it and finally asked what is was I went it got it the very next day! Very strong clean smell can be overwhelming if not use to perfumes ..I can't wear it everyday but when want a sensual pick me up this is my to go perfume..

NovicePerfumeAdmirer
NovicePerfumeAdmirer

Update: A month or so later, I find this an acceptable frag, if not my favorite. It is fine for work and once in a while, as long as sprayed with a light hand. It does cheer the mood. I'm not sure it is at its best in temps over 86 degrees F.
The perfume is lasting a bit longer on me these days, maybe up to four hours.

I wanted to like this, as it has many of the notes that I enjoy, but I just don't. The opening is rather offensive to my nose, too harsh and sharp. The rest is too sticky-sweet orange. That is all I smell throughout - maybe with some lemon or sparkling grapefruit. It doesn't last very long at all on me.

I acquired a bottle for an older relative, and when it arrived I gave myself a spray to the chest. It lasts a very long time with at least decent projection. The fressia really spikes out to me, and the fruit is obvious, though it doesn't come across as one specific fruit. It's also musky, but in a "clean" way, though thankfully there is nothing that I perceive as "laundry musks" here. And I get a hint of what might be something woody, though not enough to be identifiable. I could use this to layer, because it's not very "feminine" if used with discretion. However, I can do that with other scents so I'll likely not sneak in any sprays from this bottle, even though she probably won't use it all. I looked up the batch number and it's from early 2009, so if anyone knows if and when reformulations occurred please let me know.

mushkbar
mushkbar

I thought only my bottle was not ok,sniffed it in the store and what a disappointment.i m sorry my happy bottle,i cant wear u.its just orange i can smell,nothing special.For the price,its far more common.would never buy again.Its just an ok scent.

IsabelVerh
IsabelVerh

Boring, boring, boring. Got a free sample with a Clinique order. It's not bad but it seems too office-appropriate to me. I think it's the overpowering citrus that makes it seem so generic.

In a way though, I can imagine this working out perfectly as a casual scent for someone who doesn't need a statement perfume. Something shower-fresh and happy-go-lucky. I suppose the name suits it perfectly!

Definitely a scent for warmer periods in any case, in winter I see this disappearing completely.

Miss.Tara
Miss.Tara

Careful! Happy goes bad quickly. I've had to throw away multiple large bottles I received as gifts because I didn't use it quickly enough. Buy only a small bottle at a time and keep it in the dark.Even then, I only had about 3-6 months until the scent would start changing.

This was my very first perfume. I was 17 and didn't know much about having different scents for different times if the day it seasons. I wore it year round while living in Southern California from 1998-2002. I've moved on since then, but Happy will always be special to me.

Happy is a clean and energizing scent that yields many compliments from men and women of all ages.

LisaMari
LisaMari

I don't know if mixing orange with lemon works very well, maybe they clash.. for some reason this just smells sickly to me and very orangey - like orange sick :(
+1 baby wipes

nitschevo
nitschevo

Oh Happy, what shall I do with you? I have a small 30ml bottel of this and will probably keep trying until the bottle is empty. I love this scent on paper and on others but on me Happy develops some sort of rubber scent! Such a shame, really. Seems to be a chemistry thing but let me tell you that Happy is a happy scent in every sense of the word. It is a uplifting, comforting, fun and sunny scent. To me it's not dated in any way and a real refreshment between all these sugary cocktails that have taken over. A little variety doesn't hurt :)

Go try this one out - you might end up findig your perfect summer scent or the scent that manages to pick you up on a cloudy & rainy day!

SweetShelly
SweetShelly

I totally agree with mashry68, to me it's even smells like baby wipes!

Lexxy
Lexxy

There was nothing better than a fresh bottle of Happy!! Boy did this scent bring on the compliments.. Men, women, children, aliens would always mention how good I smelled or asked what I was wearing. It came to a point where I knew it would happen without fail. It was this sweet fresh and at the same time warm and cozy scent. So inoffensive, so light, so clean, so effortlessly sexy. Yes the opening was a bit synthetic (clinical looking bottle didn't help) but that soon went away, leaving a warm and fresh citrusy dry down. The citrus gave it that clean, fresh, happy feeling and the light musk gave it that warm, cozy, hint of sexy feel... Does anyone know if they reformulated it? Because I smelled it not too long ago and I could almost swear it smelled different.

mashry68
mashry68

smells like baby lotion.. i dont like t on my skin

pikachunicorn
pikachunicorn

The more I smelled this one the more I liked it. Fruity, fresh, energizing. It's a bit masculine though, to me anyway. But it's definitely something I'd wear to a picnic or something fun and casual.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

I've always liked this since it first came out but I've only purchased it just now. It is very citrusy and a hint of floral soapiness. It's a clean fresh scent. I know that citrus on me doesn't really work but this really does live up to the name "Happy" and who doesn't need a pick me up once in a while? So, even though it's not great on me at least it doesn't go bad on my skin so I can still enjoy the perkiness of it. Kind of reminds me of those citrus face washes that they advertise with names like "wake me up"

Octoberamy
Octoberamy

I have a small sample that came in Clinique's free gift. To my nose it is so simple and ordinary, like what I would come up with if they put me in a perfumery lab and let me play. It's not bad or offensive. But I would never buy it.

cessnaski
cessnaski

It is Happy that made my summer just that- happy! A wonderful uplifting fragrance to wear. It may be too strong in the summer especially in humid weather.

Rosamelia
Rosamelia

Makes you want to say: Happy Happy Joy Joy! (smiley face). Fresh, light, youthful fragrance. Although a significant drawback in my opinion is that bottle, way too simple and unappealing.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

This did not work for me. I love the scent in the bottle and on others, but it smelled horrible on me. I remember using it, and being told it smelled like rotting food. I kept hanging in there, hoping it would stop turning into a rotten food an alcohol smell on the drydown. Also, it goes bad FAST. I had to take it back to the Clinique counter and get refunded. Halfway through the bottle it turned bad.
I was so disappointed, being that it was my first "grown-up" perfume that I bought with my own earned money.
With compatible body chemistry, it can be a very nice scent, youthful and fun and cheery, a good first perfume when graduating from body sprays. Be sure to save your receipt in case you get a bad bottle, in the late 90's when all my college friends were wearing it, it happened frequently. That being said, it is nice on the right person.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

My favorite part of Clinique Happy isn't spraying it on, it's smelling the leftovers on my clothes the next day. On me the drydown sweetens up so much that it's not even recognizable from its sparkly citrus opening. I assume that's the amber and musk talking. It's different than most scents I'm attracted to but I'm attached to it.

For several years this was my signature scent after a friend gifted it to me with the sweetest sentiment. True, it's everywhere. And true, there are many similar fragrances on the market now. But it felt pretty special when it first came out and despite being ubiquitous, it still makes me feel special because of the memories it brings with it. Honestly, it really does smell happy and it's hard not to feel cheerful around it. I spray it when I want an extra pep in my step.

Rochellesc
Rochellesc

Wore this like crazy when it first came out but when I found one of my travel size spritzer a in an old travel bag a few weeks ago and tried it in my neck, it immediately gave me a weird feeling in my throat like I was having an allergic reaction to it. Tried a tester at the Clinique counter a week or so later and the same thing happened. Apparently I'm not meant to wear this again. Wouldn't necessarily want to relive my 20s again though either! It was a great scent back then. Time to move on to something that my body chemistry likes better.

mgirl1090
mgirl1090

I use to absolutely love smell of this perfume on my aunt but when I bought it I instantly wanted to gag. It had very strong citrus smell on my skin and I couldn't wear it more than once. I eventually ended up giving this to my old roommate who was glad to take it off my hands. I still get whiff of this on someone once in a while and it smells amazing..just not on me :(

piggyluv
piggyluv

This can be really pretty and fresh on a lot of people-I am not one of those lucky people. On me it is rather astringent, and not in the clean, fresh sense of the word. Also, it has an unpleasant, sharp b.o smell on me.

sisanirg
sisanirg

When i first tried the sample I thought it would be a citrus-orange scent but on my skin it smells just like a bunch of lily-of-the-valley. No orange, no grapefruit. I like it though. Smells like March.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I've loved Happy for years!

To me,it started the citrusy fresh fragrance phenomenon.It was a trailblazer.

If I use the shower gel,lotion and spray it lasts until the next day on me.

It reminds me of orange Starburst candy,grapefruit and light musk...

Use it or lose it: it goes BAD fast! If it sits on your shelf for two long the smell will get down right stale and nasty.

sousau
sousau

I'm suprised so few people mention a strong aniseed top note. Right out of the bottle, whether in the air or on my skin, I smell orange and liquorice.
I really loved wearing this perfume until one boiling hot Sydney summer my 16 year old step daughter started using it as an air freshener in her room. It is forever tainted with the ghost smells of dank socks, B.O. and stuffy apartment. Having said that, I still have a soft spot for it. And her.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

YUM!

This is such a bright, cheerful, bubbly scent. Happy indeed. I was gifted a bottle of this from my Gran a few years ago and i went through it so quick as it just made me smile every time i wore it :) A great fragrance for winter blues.

I really must get some more.

jmarhoff
jmarhoff

When I was a teenager, this fragrance smelled so fresh and bright, lots of citrus. Now, several years later, my body chemistry must have changed because it smells like straight-up black licorice on me. (I can't stand black licorice!) I'm glad I tried the tester and didn't buy it. Would not wear it again.

Sherihan
Sherihan

Hahaha it really makes me laugh what som reviewers say about this as "generic" or "not special" or so, if you was on this earth the year it was launched,and if you were a perfume lover,you will not say so,as this was unique and kind of strange those times.

peachypixie
peachypixie

Reminds me of 1) my mom 2) orange creme 3) sunshine

This is coming from someone who normally AVOIDS anything with citrus notes. This has citrus that doesn't smell like bathroom cleaner, air freshener, or rotten fruit. It's so pleasant and makes me feel, well, happy.

I've heard this one turns (goes bad) easily. Make sure you get a fresh one! It should not smell sharp, plastic-like, or sour. It should smell mellow and lightly tangy, not soapy, stinky, or pungent. The liquid should be CLEAR, like water.

Best for late spring, summer, casual days

Update
Don't overspray!

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

I despise this fragrance and all of its "spin offs". It is perfectly acceptable smelling and may be nice with the right chemistry but the boring citrus soapy smell makes me sick. It is so...placid and immature. There is nothing of a diva or bombshell in this. This in my experience is loved by those who don't really adore perfume or the more exotic womanly fragrances. It is a "comfortable" choice. But I still cannot tolerate the scent, it makes me nauseous as do all its other versions (ie Happy Heart). And I mean that in a medical way, I have an allergic reaction to it and get very dizzy and stomach sick.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I was gifted this perfume recently by a dear friend and I wasn't sure what to expect.
It is a bright, clean floral and citrus scent. I'm not going to lie, the first spritz was very sharp but fortunately it settled to a lovely fragrance. I think it suits its name perfectly, it puts me in a good mood! I'll definitely be wearing this more in the spring.

Overall, a lovely perfume that lifts my mood, is inoffensive and work friendly. Recommended!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

A clean in-offensive citrusy watery floral perfect for the office. However I don't find it happy, more of a Depressive fragrance - somehow it reminds me of the autumn the time of the year when the sun starts to disappear and the winter is approaching. Cold and forboding - I have no idea why, perhaps its due to the time I wore it or memories - I have no Idea!

sherryberry
sherryberry

I pulled out my little sample bottle of Happy today. I'm not sure why I reached for this one. It was given to me by a really nice SA at Lord and Taylor. I waited a really long time in line, to purchase something, and they gave me this and a little eye cream sample as a consolation prize. Wasn't that sweet? Anyway, maybe it's the time of year, but Happy isn't sitting too well with me. Maybe it's better when the weather is warmer. For some reason, it's making me feel a little sick when I smell it. This is really strange, because a few years ago, I wore it quite a bit, and this never happened. Speaking of Clinique, I could really go for some Aromatics Elixir about now. Maybe I'll get some after the holidays.

strawbeesplash
strawbeesplash

I was so excited to receive a sample bottle of this. How cute is the packaging? The cap is a vivid orange, the bottle is clear, and one side of the oval bottle is printed in an orange that matches the lid "Clinique Happy." However, this is too citrusy for my liking :(

The perfume is quite literally for women who are happy. Happy is for the always upbeat, the bubbly, the lighthearted. It definitely works as a winter scent, but it just isn't for me.

Upon first spray, there are no dissonant notes. It smells beautifully clean, citrusy, and slightly floral. The drydown does not change the scent very much. The lasting power is quite impressive, perhaps about 8 hours. However, I find that Happy likes my clothes more than my skin. Even if I spray it directly on my skin and allow it to dry after a shower, it always seems to transfer completely to my clothes.

Overall, Happy is a beautiful scent, just not one for a girl with my personality.

glassjules
glassjules

An easy choice to get your day started with energy. Won't offend others and you get a nice citrusy start to the day. It makes me, well, happy :)

lizzie81

I am sad :( I can notice the colour of the liquid in my bottle turning already. I havn't had it all that long and havn't quite used half of it yet. When I first bought it the liquid was clear, now it's turning and slight tinge of yellow is starting to be visible!

Has anyone else had this problem with Happy??
I have had a horrendous experience with a previous bottle that had already gone bad, I bought it on ebay and should've known better! It was definitely gone, the liquid was completely yellow and the first spray had that musty/pepperish smell of the top notes having turned in a perfume. Like when for some unknown reason perfume testers are displayed sitting on bright warm lights! You often blast yourself with perfumes that have turned! That's not going to sell it! I will never understand this, Chanel does it in one of my local shops.

I love it (Happy) and am trying to use it up as fast as possible before it goes completely. I recommend not leaving this one hanging around if you own it. Would put me off of repurchasing as it such a waste, I will more than likely end up throwing out half the bottle boo hoo :(

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

You won't smell bad. In fact, you'll barely notice it. It's such a boring and timid fragrance. The citrus smells generic. This fragrance has no personality.

izainbox
izainbox

It's a crowd pleaser, popular, and it's vibrant. However, I can smell a tinge of tobacco in it (the only thing I don't like about it). I don't know. Many women wear this perfume and you can almost smell it everywhere: work place, church, faculty room, and parties.

BrittneyN
BrittneyN

I have always really liked Happy. I had it a few years ago and will probably get it again in the next spring. It is a pretty, fresh, citrus fragrance. I would label it as a clean citrus scent. It is not one of my most favorite perfumes, but I like it enough to purchase it again because it is so very pleasant and warm, for some strange reason I get an almost honey like note from it which is very nice. A good work day scent IMO.

joan100
joan100

When I first smelled this perfume I didnt like it but I have grown to love it now. It reminds you of the late 1990s! When I was younger and more carefree! Happy times happy scent!

honeyhingco
honeyhingco

I had it back when I was in college and when I got my first job. The first one was given to me by my aunt and the second one I borrowed from my mom. I don't quite get the hype on this one. It's a clean scent, but it doesn't make me "happy" enough. It's a daytime scent, great for summer. Safe for work and going out, but not a sexy scent IMO. I prefer the Male version of this for my man and maybe even for me, but I'm not that satisfied with its female counterpart. Not worth the price too, I think. I'd rather spend on a much cheaper cologne than this. I rate this 3 out of 5 stars.

camaral
camaral

Well, somebody went a little cray-cray listing the notes for Clinique Happy. I say no to the following: bergamot, grapefruit, rose, lily, and green apple. They just aren't there.
I do agree that it is synthetic smelling, at first. All of the Happy line fragrances take a ridiculously long time to
develop in the bottle. Like a year or more, in my experience. This was the case for me with Happy. I used it for an entire summer in 2010, and it wasn't until the summer of 2011 that it started smelling like perfume. By summer 2012 it was absolutely beautiful, and the compliments started rolling in.
The bug spray odor has almost faded from my bottle of Happy to Be. Must be like wine...

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

I think "Happy" should have been called "Unhappy," but Of course, the marketer's knew what they were doing with this one as far as the name and the adverts; they lured me in at least. I remember begging for this and Liz Claiborne's Candie's for Christmas one year. I saw ads for them everywhere I went, and gullible I was, I thought somehow I would be "grown up" if I wore them. Needless to say, Happy made me sad and the rest is history. The only thing I don't get is how this one is STILL so popular after all these years. That year, Candie's was the better fragrance between the two. Today, we view it as cheap and lAcking complexity, but back then Candie's was the "it" juice, just as expensive and popular as Happy. Candie's has since been shunned and thought of as a lousy, cheap fragrance you can only find on eBay... and then we have Happy, which still sits on the shelves in Macy's, while so many cult classics have been reduced to " discontinued" or limited editions. it's so sad. Am I missing something here? This is hands down one of the worst perfumes I've ever had. The only thing Happy did for me was teach me a lesson not to buy perfumes based on the adverts, alluring as they may be. Happy is prickly, smelly, offensive... it's the most unnatural smelling frag ever...and I know there's a lot of unnatural smelling frags out there that can actually smell good, but this is more on the level of Lysol spray. I couldn't even tell you what category this would be in, whether its floral, fruity, aquatic, I have no idea. It's just a mess. Perhaps I get some citrus, that's the only distinguishable "note" here, though I wouldn't go as far as even calling it a note. .its as if the perfumer dumped a bunch of unknown substances together and said "k, I'm done." I don't know. This stuff has me totally discombobulated. I really don't get it. How this has lasted from the 90's till' present is mind boggling. I don't know anyone that has ever worn this.. And I see little love and a lotta dislikes on this one, so I can't be the only one who sees this stuff for the disaster it is. It smells like strong alcohol and goo gone. can we say "overrated?!" Yes! can we say "unhappy?!" Definitely! Maybe I'm a harsh critic, but this is soooo bad. I know everyone's chemistry is truly different, so if you can pull this one off, I applaud you! My nose just hates Happy

DKay
DKay

Pretty summer fruity floral. Nice dry-down. Fresh and fizzy and bubbly and girly. Winner in my books! The scent is not too simple or generic, but just pleasant enough to not offend anyone. Original without being kitchy. Lovely throughout, has proper phases and travels through time with dignity. Decent wear time for a fruity floral IMO. Not suffocatingly sweet, which is a huge plus in my books.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Can you say 90s??? This scent is everything that the 90s were to me. I was in high school from 91 to 96 (5 years in Quebec), and Clinique Happy is everything those amazing years were to me. Playful, simple times... "Empire Records", "Reality Bites", if you are a teenager of the nineties, you'll know what I mean. Androgynous fashion and sex equality that were never again seen after these fantastic years were over. This scent is weirdly familiar, calming BUT uplifting, natural but also painted in screaming neon orange colors. The orange note is center stage here, but I'm also getting a strong dose of muguet (LotV), mimosa and magnolia for an overall slightly dated (as in 20 years ago) feel that is simply delightful. This is really the poster child for the playful, aquatic-ish fruity floral of the mid nineties. No wonder it has won a FiFi award... it really succeeds in being non offensive and non headache inducing, with its nice balance and a certain feel of quality.... and it is amazingly ASEXUAL.

So many perfumes of that style have an horrible screechy/nauseating feel to them, but I find Happy to be very well made and pleasant.

If I was to compare it to something else, it would be Kenzo Ete (new formulation) with a orange note added. Airy, aquatic feeling, orange goodness with a 90s signature written all over it.

It makes me feel so young, un-complicated, down to earth and... well, Happy.

mhubbard
mhubbard

I liked this a little when it first came out, and I must have had a small bottle. I thought "Clinique, must be good", like everyone else. There is a pungent or cloying note here, not sure what, and it did not become a favorite. I only wore it a few times. Fast forward some 15 years: A co-worker wears it....while it doesn't exactly bother me, nor do I like it. Aggravating that I can't say why. Perhaps "orange syrup" captures the reason. There is a cloying feeling here, although I usually like sweet perfumes. Too simple, there is no complexity. It is neither fresh/professional for work nor sexy. I'll pass

Scout
Scout

True story: For years I avoided this like the plague because it was too bitter, too piercing...Reminded me of the headache I get from Lauder's "Pleasures" -- too high-pitched. But I love citrus and clean scents so I just wrote it off as not the one for me.
Fast forward 5 or more years and I get a whiff of this in a paper ad. I was smitten. It had changed. No piercing headache, just a good fresh citrusgreen with a solid middle of sweet lemoncello. Hmm...
Got a gift set with the lotion and wore that thinking it might be more my speed. The first day I wore it was Thanksgiving, and I had been cooking all day. I greeted my father at dinner with a hug, and he paused and took a deep sniff and said "Wow you smell good!" (and here I thought I had the stink of turkey gravy!)
My mother wore heavy perfume, and I wore lots of perfume in high school and college and he never said anything about anyone smelling good in my 30-some years to that point. My Dad was the type to wear a tie all day, even after he came home from work and was reading the paper and watching the news. He shaved every day, weekends included, and had shiny shoes. He was a man's man.
In the strangest of ways, that was the highest compliment he ever paid me. He passed some years ago, and to this day I can't bring myself to wear it again.

deannadd1985@hotmail.com
deannadd1985@hotmail.com

I've loved this fragrance since it first came out! When I smell it....I think to myself....class....clinique....with a hint of orange...I love this combination! The orange scent makes you feel good too & the rest of it definitely smells like a "fresh" "designer" fragrance. I'm wearing it now...and I think it's great for all occasions...especially the holidays. :)

Annushkalove
Annushkalove

My Mom's signature scent. She have other perfumes that my Dada and I bought for her in hopes that she will like other scents but this one remains her favorite and she have tons of empty bottles to prove it. Lol she is also very sensitive with scents bec she have asthma. So if you have asthma you may want to give this a try. I personally don't think I like this fragrance base on its scent alone bec my preference tend to be in chypre floral group or even oriental however I can say I absolutely love Clinique Happy because it smells of comfort, home, love ----> My MOMMY.

Layzie
Layzie

I love Happy. This was my ex-girlfriend's signature scent, and it never failed on any occasion, day or night. It's a pleasant, citrusy scent with light florals that lasts long. All my male friends would compliment her when she wore it. Wherever we went, I could smell her throughout the entire drive. It was lovely.

podding
podding

When I smell Clinique Happy either spritzed in the air or on anyone else I have always found it pleasant but a little blah. It's nice enough in a fresh citrus kind of way but nothing worth commenting on.
But then a couple of months ago I got a mini bottle free when I was buying my makeup and I have to admit I was blown away by how Happy smells on me. I have difficult body chemistry and so often perfumes change on me completely! But in this case it definitely worked in my favour! The sour citrus totally mellowed and the undertones became musky and oriental, I loved it and got countless complement. But most interesting of all was that no one would believe that I was wearing Happy, not even my co-worker who wears it every day. And I have to admit we smell nothing alike. I've gone out and bought a large bottle! This is my new favourite.

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

After liking this scent for many, many years, I finally bought myself a bottle last week. My old BF never thought that it was anything special on me, but that doesn't matter - it's how it makes ME feel that is important. It makes me feel happy, and that is a precious commodity in today's world.

SummerSkies
SummerSkies

Clean fresh girly. Out of all my collection of fragrances, I get asked about this one the most when I wear it, mostly by men who want it for their wives or girlfriends.

char2424
char2424

I love Happy. It reminds me of summer with a perfect balance of citrus and flowers. I think "Happy" is a perfect name, long lastine and a clean scent. that r

ver jaina
ver jaina

At first spray of my mini i thought it was all citrusy, somewhat tolerable & less smell like toilet cleaner. but then i use deliberately...blergh! now it smells like old linen dried from washing with old & stale detergent! i spray both on clothes & skin..no difference. i dont like it. where is the happy ending in this?

Caprice
Caprice

My favorite scent when I was a Univer student. Fresh, citrus and bright. Perfect for young ladies.

SuzanneRonelle
SuzanneRonelle

Love it in the bottle but I have an acidic skin so I turn it sour when I spray it on. Oh well.

ImpishLisa
ImpishLisa

Used to smell great on me. My body chemistry changed after i had my first child and Happy isn't Happy to be on me anymore. I gave it away.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Plum, green apple and grapefruit? I wouldn't eat that combo as a salad and I wouldn't wear it on my skin either. I've never enjoyed lily of the valley, or peony (both florals that are synthetic in perfumes) just too harsh. I can't even say I like this on other people. For me it's up there with Tommy Girl as one of the most discomforting clean/cold fragrances. It's an aesthetic you love or hate - some of my best friends wear Tommy Girl, I forgive them! I notice that they really dislike some of my favourites, such as L'Air de Rien (described as 'bum crack' by one!) Oh well,it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing!

shelece
shelece

In words this has all the things I love, citrus and floral, but I really don't like this. I wish I could put my finger on what it is that smells so bitter.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This is among the first perfumes I have been really obsessed with. For me it smells like sunshine---full of smiles and is so alive. I find that there are two versions, one is a sweeter floral one and a version that has more citrus and is brighter and fresher than the other. What you'll get is a matter of chance. I have had several bottles of this and they are not consistent.

I can understand why others don't like this as it is actually a highly chemistry dependent fragrance. You'll immediately know if it smells good on you. On the right chemistry---it smells united, clean, almost baby-ish with an initial blast of citrus, then light florals, then the woody-slightly musky base. On the wrong chemistry it just smells astringent and sharp. On my mom--who is not so much of a fan there is a tobacco note that comes out. On me, it is a light citrusy floral with a balmy kinda sweet drydown. I loved it when I was 13. I still love it now that I am nearing 30.

My boyfriend loves this. Still, I will never buy or wear it. To me, it smells like you sliced an orange only to find out it was filled with Calgon body mist from 1992.

bourgeoismisspiggy
bourgeoismisspiggy

Another classic example of body chemistry getting its way. I can honestly say this is NOT my favorite perfume, nor is it really my style. I tend to go for gourmands and spicy orientals. This is so citrus and fresh, and not really sweet at all, in my opinion. It just so happened that my mother purchased this for me in my teen years, and ever since, it has been my signature scent. It just LOVES my skin.

I've had billions upon billions of compliments, and whenever I tell people "Thank you, it's Happy" they simply can't believe it! It transforms into something absolutely gorgeous on my skin, and I suppose I am lucky, as I have heard that it can smell like dishwasher detergent or lemon pledge on others. But sometimes I feel like a slave to it. To date, no other fragrance I've tried has been able to do what this does, whatever that is, exactly.

It's like magic.

So I keep my gourmands and my orientals around just to appease my nose. But when I want to smell like "me" I reach for Happy.

arxsyn

My sample is really old so the characteristically bright citrus notes are long gone. I sprayed it on a card to re investigate. Immediately there is an odd odor:like plastic yet strangely loamy and a little sweet in a sick way. Thankfully it Eventually warms up and becomes a lot more pleasant. In the synthetic dirt There are warm spices but it's very subtle yet it is tempered with a freshness soit is never heavy or cloying. The warm, sweet floralcy reminded me of Lauder's "pleasures'

Not too sure I'd I want to try this on skin though. I think the scent was more attractive with the citrus

Soie
Soie

So many love this fragrance and so, My apologies to fans of 'Happy',
but I have to report that it is amongst my most disliked fragrances.

It had been a gift back in the late 90s which I didn't like, so, when a young unneutred male cat of mine took to spraying a particular wall in my house, I washed the wall and, without thinking, spritzed it with a bit of "Happy" -- figuring that the scent of it would make a good deterrent against the marking behavior.

Well, I walked around all the while taking in the smell of "Happy" until the point I was nearly crazed and felt like pulling my own hair out by the roots! Needless to say, I washed down the wall for a second time and went out to purchase a more appropriate deterrent until such time as I was finally able to bring the cat to the vet's for neutering.

Though 'Happy' does have a distinct aroma of 'rubber ballon', which I don't like, the fragrance, overall, has something about it is which I find downright infruriating / unsettling, and it is this aspect which leaves me feeling quite un-Happy when exposed to the scent for any extended length of time....

MsGoody2Shoes
MsGoody2Shoes

Omg it made me kind of sad to read some of the reviews on here and to realize that some people don't get the same lovely experience that I do from Happy.

I have been in love with this scent since the first time I smelled it at a friend's house about 10 years ago.

Smells like the most ideal version of 'fresh out of the shower' there could ever possibly be.

It reminds me of a lighter and fresher version of Daisy by Marc Jacobs, which is my favourite fragrance ever.

Sort of like a sweeter-daytime version, since it is a lot more citrusy and soapy

I love fragrances with fruity top notes, and floral mid notes, and this one is the perfect combination.

I even bought the coffret with the soap, lotion and candle! <3

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

This one literally lives up to it's name :) Every time I'm without a bottle of this (like now), I genuinely miss having it. Love wearing this all year round, and particularly on those cold, dark Winter days as a quick sniff of my wrist is enough to cheer me up and remind me that Spring is coming! Timeless, ageless, gorgeous.

scentsforme
scentsforme

This has been my signature sent for years and years to come, even my dogs know me as happy happy happy mom, with their wagging tails and kisses…I love how it make me happy. It's the best then all the rests…10/10...

NativeBabi916Lady
NativeBabi916Lady

I oddly detect a strong pine note in the initial first 30 minutes or so....which is I find repulsive being that I am allergic to pine trees! Besides that its just a cheery citrus sent with a touch of floral after it drys down. Just not for me ( again , because of the pine note!) but I actually don't mind it on others!

RavenNess
RavenNess

I get nothing but compliments with this....I am so surprised how much I like Happy, considering I think I have a split personality because I normally go for dark earthy scents, which Happy is not. I am HUGE lily of the valley fan, which I really detect in Happy. Very bright, very citrus, feminine, clean. I wear year round, day and night. I keep the boxes to my perfumes and do not display them. I keep them in a dark, dry hutch. I hope my Happy does not go bad like other reviewers have claimed. Actually, I am happy in a sick sort of way that people have mentioned that Happy has a short shelf life because I was salvaging it, but now I think I will wear it more often.

valeriapredoiu
valeriapredoiu

I have it but wouldn't buy it again. feels cold , unpersonal, clean but in a stingy way. for someone who wants to pass un-noticed and has no oppinion about anything. a little too detergent/citrusy for spring and in a few hours a little too flowery for summer.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I liked and used this one for a while but I had a bad experience when two bottles became spoilt before I could finish them. I had them both from a big department store so I concluded it is a formula problem and I decided not to buy it again. It is true it wasn't my only scent so I used it from time to time but I own older scents that keep their form. A pitty.

kylieb8
kylieb8

So disappointed, really wanted to love this perfume. All I got was sour orange and a slight undertone of (for want of a better description) urine. Could not wash it off quick enough. Although, this must be something to do with my chemistry make up, I've smelt Happy on others and on them it smelt fresh and clean. Just not for me.

Osusanna
Osusanna

Good enough for the workday. Clean, fresh unoffensive. A little sexy because it is still feminine. A little young and it still smells current. Lots of citrus in a way that is not too sweet and not too bitter. That's hard to do in a fragrance. Dries down reliably well on me. Safe choice.

Iusticia
Iusticia

Like it! I am a citrus fan, so it is an expected love for this one... ;-) Yes, its a strong citrus initially, but it is very uplifting scent, very energetic... So if you have to wake up early to work/school, this will help much better then a cup of coffie. Personaly I combine both- Clinique Happy and a cappucino - and I'm ready to go with a smile on my face! :-) have a good day!

xVal
xVal

Too many people have this perfume and love it.
And my question is ...why? how can you actually love this?
Maybe its just me, but it smells .. weird.
And I'm asking , where's the orange,the mandarin and the grapefruit? I can't smell any of those.
This is just plain plastic smell to me.
I wouldn't call it happy.
There's another version which called Clinique Happy Heart, and I think it's way better, I don't own it but I smelled it.

fedz
fedz

I am really sorry for my words, because some of you like "happy", but every time when I sniff this one, it smells to me like vomit, Really! Vomit! I just can't stand it! Really awful!

Fragrantnatic

I made a review last year on this fragrance which I would like to revise.. haha.. it used to be that this smells of dead flowers to me, but now, since wearing it again, I am hooked~! I found that the drydown is quite nice on my skin after all, one or two sprays in the morning, a few sprays by lunchtime and it slowly developes to a very very faint flower mix and it lingers nicely till the end of the day. I was completely wrong on my first review! Happy to say that I love this one now and yes, I'm on my 3rd 50 ml bottle..! LOL :) :)

piahellgren
piahellgren

Smelled it in the store, bought it. What was I thinking? Wore it and almost gagged! I can´t blame it for being fruity and citrusy, which I find it, but what´s with the sour, almost rotten smell? But maybe it is a chemistry thing. I adore Clinique make-up, so nothing against them. Just this one reeked on me!

pipergirl
pipergirl

I bought Happy based on the many positive reviews that I had seen on the internet. The initial spray is a combination of strong citrus with burning rubber underneath (glad to see here that I'm not the only one!). But once it has settled on my skin, the fragrance becomes more pleasant. Citrusy, crisp, every day..not particularly sexy or memorable on me. But o.k. , not too bad really.

(Edited to add: I wasn't all that impressed at first but Happy is growing on me. A nice, affordable, pleasant, citrusy scent for Spring/Summer - I much prefer it in the warmer weather.)

carolinencarter
carolinencarter

The dry down is gross after a while, especially if it sits on your clothes the next day they smell a little bit like dandruff. I liked it years ago but after wearing it for a long time it takes on strange nuances. Could never go there again.

orangehaze99
orangehaze99

All I can say is you better like the smell of citrus! Nice scent, but a little TOO citrus for me...

dahliafleur
dahliafleur

Definitely a citrus, although not a powerful bright citrus, this a bitter citrus. If you have ever had the experience of buying a mandarin and it seemed to have no sweetness to it and you're left with this strange bitter stale fruit that is the food equivalent for Happy. There is a gourmand (that smells like bread) competing with a floral in the dry down, quite fascinating really but not a delicious scent in my opinion. I think maybe this fragrance's creators tried too hard to make this fragrance inoffensive or demure that it left Happy falling flat.

It took me years to muster up the courage to test Clinique HAPPY. It's possible that I finally did it only because of my conversion to true love for AROMATICS ELIXIR--against all expectations. I had no specific reason for believing that I'd hate AROMATICS ELIXIR beyond the flagrant contradiction that a fragrance-free skin care company should produce a notoriously powerful perfume, but I had read so many songs of praise written by so many perfumistas whose opinions I respect, that I finally tried that creation and feel shortly thereafter in love. I now own two bottles, one made in the United States and the other made in Switzerland, and both of them smell great, once one gets past the bitter chamomile opening.

With HAPPY, I had some serious baggage to deal with and barriers to surmount. Several years ago my sister sent me one of her generous gift packages filled with ceramics (she's an artist) and various snack items and usually a couple of random and unpredictable "things". In this particular package, she had also "thrown in"--just in case I might want them--about five or six Clinique HAPPY minis which she had accumulated from gwps but did not use. She warned me that, in her view, the true name of HAPPY should be MISERABLE.

I stowed the minis away among a bunch of others and swiftly forgot about them. When I began reviewing perfumes in December 2009, I noticed that the Clinique company does a pretty good job of distributing samples of HAPPY, because I always seem to be finding them, and each time they remind me of the minis, and each time I remember why I never really want to sample this perfume.

On this historic night, with a hot bath on the horizon, I took out one of the fresh samples of HAPPY and sprayed it on. In a moment's time, I realized that my sister was right. This is just horrible. It smells like orange cleaning products to me, not all-natural orange-scented cleaning products, but foul-smelling orange Windex.

Based on the reviews I've seen, HAPPY seems to be a fairly polarizing composition, with people generally lining up in either the love or the abhorrence camp. So I am aware that this fragrance has its fans, and my guess is that this particular combination of chemicals is quite compatible with some people's physiological constitution, and according to them, HAPPY is an excellent citrus scent. To me and those of my ilk, this smells like the emanations from an organic chemisty lab and so off-putting that I just want to wash it off.

My sister and I are similar in many ways, and I have to say that I agree in this case, that wearing Clinique HAPPY is not a pleasant experience at all. I cannot say that I feel miserable, but unhappy might be a fair assessment of the effect of this fragrance on me.

Now It's time for that bath...

butterbean
butterbean

I tried to like this scent years ago. Never could. I had an old roommate that bathed in it. Sprayed her clothes, hair, bedding, carpet...everything with it. It was not good on her, not good on clothing, not good in the air, and not good on me. I have smelled it on others too -- and it has the same thing going --

This is a VERY sharp citrus. Grapefruit is strong mixed with a light orangey tart peel scent. It has a sharp URINE like smell to it. There is no sweetness to this scent.

It is not "happy" and should have never been called that. Sometimes it has a strange metallic synthetic tinge to it. And the dry down can tend to go bit soapy with urine lingering. Not quite as strong as cat pee but there is a similarity to it.

There are much better citrus scents out there. PLEASE find another!

xabaras
xabaras

A whiff of sharp denatured alchool at the very beginning and a very mild citrus smell in the drydown, which somehow on my skin manages to happen less than an hour from the start. Then it just disappears. It is like the phantom scent, but this is a good thing as it wasn't that good to my nose to start with. After seeing the good reviews about this scent I am sad that it doesn't work well with my skin. Pity.

Mom2Dano
Mom2Dano

I usually don't like citrus scents at all and they get my allergies all bothered, but this perfume is great! It's a daytime, spring and summer scent for sure. It's not too powerful and lasts a decent amount of time. It's refreshing and joyful and great for everyday wear.

Museumgal
Museumgal

I am usually a citrus fan, but the citrus in this is extremely sharp. Not cut with many florals, either, I cannot detect them over the overwhelming citrus. The citrus is just too much, very sour and all the different types run into each other so it is hard to distinguish the individual fruits. Not very well blended.

iravampira
iravampira

No entiendo las críticas porque yo creo que es un perfume cítrico perfecto, ya que tiene mucha duración y la fragancia se transforma a lo largo del día. En la ropa dura muchísimo. Espero que continúe en el mercado.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

I asked a friend to buy a bottle of Happy when she was on vacay in Dubai 2 years ago. I loved this perfume before because it smells fresh and clean. However when I sprayed it on yesterday, the scent it just awful...all i smell is sour, stingy on the nose and the citrus is just a too sharp and dry..i also smell the plastic balloon... ive only kept the bottle in its original packaging and stored it inside my drawer... so i suppose the perfume changes over time and yes, i hate it now.

erikalee
erikalee

This smells like a man's cologne.

oraib
oraib

great refreshing fragrance, I love it

flowershine13
flowershine13

This is my signature scent coz this scent really shows my personality and i feel happy when spray this scent onto my skin.Love it!!

RGR
RGR

I'm finding myself in a loss of words here trying to describe my experience with this juice. I don't understand how Clinique made this. The brand famous for being so clean, serious and almost sterile. Their staff running around in whats seems like triple bleached clorox counters and floor. Everything is so carefully planned.

I try on happy with a single spritz on the wrist from a very simple, crystal clear bottle. I am instantly uplifted by a citrus fruit medley. The citrus is almost candied or syrup drenched. Maybe I am crazy but I feel indulged. Its as if the fruits themselves want to remind me of orange preserves and freshly squeezed nectar. I feel invigorated and awake. I feel happy.

The second phase is fresh flowers. Mimosas, magnolias, soft roses. The fruits are still there and the combination takes me to a very soft musky dry down. It reminds me of body lotion and I have no idea why. I feel as if I took a shower and walked out to drink my orange juice in the morning. The flowers are gorgeous.

Clinique Happy is an energetic citrus and flowers perfume that makes me feel fresh and invigorated. I feel confident, positive and at ease.
It's a part of my collection because nothing else is as precise as this..... straight forward and uncomplicated. I feel lucky it works with my chemistry. If you haven't tried it I suggest you try it on first and see how it turns out. You might be surprised.

loliver
loliver

Wow, can't believe the negative reviews! Happy has been my only perfume for about 15 years now; wear it daily. It's a part of my make-up routine. People always ask me what I'm wearing, so I guess it works with my chemistry. I've asked my family to tell me honestly if they think it smells "old ladyish" on me and should I change to something else, but they insist it's perfect for me! I can't stand most other perfumes, so heavy and powdery, but Happy is just right for me.
So like with any other fragrance, try it on in a store and wear it for a day.

Janey1966
Janey1966

When 'Happy' first came out I had to buy it, along with the body wash and shower gel (it was deadly working near Debenhams) and it DID make me feel happy wearing it, especially during the day.

If I ever go on a nice, summer holiday somewhere I might buy it again as it soooo goes with the sunshine!

eaudetoile
eaudetoile

This perfume makes you feel happy and beautiful.it's vibrant and lovely with a gorgeous Citrus and floral bouquet. I love wearing this perfume during the summer. It's light and almost everyone loves it. If you have a sensitive sense of smell, this one is perfect for you.

Sharee26
Sharee26

To me, this perfume is nothing special.
Liked it at first, but I'm now sick of it after just a few times of wearing it.
If you like this perfume and would like to swap with me, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

amandarilla
amandarilla

I tried "Happy" years ago when it first came out. I had initially smelled it on a friend and asked what it was bc it smelled wonderful! I bought some for myself and started wearing it daily. I found it to be very strong, a little went a long way, and while I loved the scent, it gave me the worst migraines ever. I had to stop wearing it all together and give it away, I still think its a wonderful, sweet, crisp and "happy" scent. :-) I would recommend it to people that aren't allergy prone, or have a sensitive sense of smell.

snowwhite1
snowwhite1

The most beautiful uplifting fragrance ever!

onegoodcat
onegoodcat

I really wanted to like this but couldn't. I just don't get all the hype. Perhaps it just doesn't mesh well with my body chemistry, but I don't even like the way it smells on paper. Someone else described this scent as metallic and that was the word I was looking for.

ZanaLind
ZanaLind

I love it,it's made for me.
I have to bought again.

nimiel22
nimiel22

If orange had a smell it would smell like this. Oh wait, oranges do have a smell and they do smell just like this. It is a very fresh juicy orange that has just been peeled and the scent permeates the room.
I remember feeling very happy when i smelled this. Maybe because I was 12 and my parents gave me this for Christmas. It's a pleasant smell that brings back pleasant memories.

arxsyn

I have quite a few sample perfume mini's as gift with purchase events. Sadly I cannot give a thorough review because I have had them for quite some time Now but despite storing them in a cool dark place the citrus top notes are pretty much absent in the bottles so it now smells flat and one dimensional.

I do remember it as an uplifting citrus floral scent. Pretty, crisp, sunny, non invasive, clean. You can wear this anywhere in the day without offending anyone. Like in the office or school, running errands. It works. My mom loves wearing Elizabeth Arden green tea I gave her maybe she would like this too. But really, at any age this can be worn no problem.

I just classify it as a floral ck one for women in my head ...

I am not throwing these little bottles out as I found a use for them. I absently layered it with Alfred sung's shi. I find fruity florals common so I don't own any yet I somehow created one! Good way to use up the juice

tina.collins
tina.collins

A great summer scent - don't recall the scent lasting too long..

sabry_sis
sabry_sis

Not like Velocity AT ALL!!!

Me lo iba a comprar sin probarlo porque lei los comentarios y criticas.. Creo que eso levanto demasiado mis expectativas porque cuando lo probé no me gustó...

Demasiado citrus para mi..

jenise
jenise

Happy? Not yet. I gave this one a few hours to make me smile, it didn't happen. Awful juice. I never smelled it years ago, but it must have been better than this terrible smelling stuff. Really awful.

loonad
loonad

dnt like this at all-has a bitterness which makes me want to puke.use it as air freshener.

meimei08
meimei08

i like its smell, but you only need a few spritz, otherwise it would be overwhelming

s_athena
s_athena

This was the first perfume I ever bought myself. I was 11 and I had saved my allowance for it after smelling it in a magazine. Pretty much straight citrus, very little sex to it, but stays true to its name as a clean happy scent. It certainly lifted my spirits. Was crushed when my father broke that bottle a few years later, but I moved on to bigger and better things with more sex appeal. A good starter perfume for a girl who loves fruity citrus but isn't into girlier fragrances. Also good if you're worried about having your 11 year-old smell too sexy for her age - this is not one of those fragrances.

gofruityourself
gofruityourself

Personally I like this better than Ralph by Ralph Lauren. I consider them in the same citrusy/ fresh range. Happy all the way

Fleurfine
Fleurfine

Clinique's Happy does not make me happy at all.
At first the grapefruit lacks intensity to infuse the mandarine with some extra kick. The bergamot and apple take the upper hand and it results in a synthetic plastic accord.
It stays like this until the dry down when it slightly changes into a very soft musky floral but still with a synthetic feel to it.
It does last a decent couple of hours and one does notice the scent after leaving a room. It is no skin scent either but it remains quite close enough.
Overall, an okay day scent if it were not for the obnoxious artificial accent.

gpszjakab
gpszjakab

My wife used to have it some years ago. Usually fragrances don't elicit strong emotions from me, but this one was different. An instant hate. A very strong, unpleasant synthetic kick in the nose. Fortunately I could convince my wife to stop using it.

amberdk621
amberdk621

This is one of my favorite scents!
It is disappointing to read so many negative reviews. I think it must be a fragrance that really changes depending on the person and their body chemistry because I love love love how it smells on m aend so do other people. I have always gotten compliments on it. I love how it changes over the course of the day and it's just a great light scent for hot weather but also for any time of year. It is almost my signature scent. I have noticed, however, that this fragrance will turn over a long period of time, so don't hoarde it, wear it and enjoy it as much as you want! It is not one to keep in your drawer and wear only a couple of times a year.
The funny thing is, I thought I didn't like this scent much and I preferred Happiness from Bath and Body Works, but that was discontinued, much to my dismay :-( this was my substitute. Man! That was over 10 years ago! That makes me feel old.
I still remember Happiness wistfully and maybe I will spring for a bottle on ebay.

Trinidella
Trinidella

This is a unique scent. Its either you like it or you don't. I agree with some of the previous reviewers who indicated that it did not sit with their chemistry as I experienced the same thing. I much prefer the CLINIQUE HAPPY HEART.....more my thing.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

Quick 'n' easy inexpensive perfume. It's a workhorse of perfumery. I usually have a small rollon somewhere in a purse or a drawer for a quick pickmeup in the afternoon. Short lasting power... which may not be a drawback, since I actually don't like it. :D I would prefer its citrusy fragrance to be cleaner, simpler. This is not a sophisticated, complex or layered fragrance. So it actually contains too many notes that do not add to its quality (or my pleasure), but only mudd down the citrusy freshness. It somehow smells "like chemicals". I actually prefer any simple citrusy "after shower" body spray. The only advantage, Happy is found in roller versions, at Christmastimes... easy to carry around...

dulcette
dulcette

like a waxy bitter orange.

no. just no.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Clinique Happy has juicy orange and fresh squeezed grapefruit with fresh freesia and mimosa for subtle sweetness. I was surprised to see all the dislikes considering this is a simple clean citrus scent. Clinique Happy is perfect for those laid back white cotton t-shirt days or just a little something to lift your spirits! Sunshine in a bottle!

surfbum
surfbum

My aunt gave me this for my birthday. I can't stand this scent. It honestly gives me a headache. To me it smells metalic... don't really know how to explain it. Certainly doesn't smell happy.

iflipcess0527
iflipcess0527

This perfume reminds me of someone i used to know. and back then people always asked me what perfume i am wearing. that was a decade ago, i just decided to purchase a new bottle this year, and it brings back the past because of the scent , olfactory it is!

Clicquot
Clicquot

I was given Happy as a gift years ago and it was, for me, instant hate. Smells of plastic, burning rubber and orange-flavored baby aspirin.

Light citrusy orange mixed with the floral mimosa notes fragrance.

Not my cup of tea.

pfcs
pfcs

I had some small bottles of this when it came out, received as part of gift with purchase packages at Clinique. I didn't care for it at all, just not my style of scent. I absolutely love Aromatics Elixir and the older Lauder scents, so it is not at all surprising that I didn't care for Happy. As someone else said, it did not make me Happy!

reyjasson
reyjasson

Had smelt a tester for this a year ago. A totally unforgettable experience it was, and still is until these days. What dawned on me was a perfect mix of freshly squeezed oranges and creamy candies, kinda brings me back to my childhood days with all the carefree and light feeling.

The fresh zest of citrus fruits truly bring happiness the moment it hits your senses. Will always remain one of my all-time favorite scents though I don't even own a bottle of one. Price is considerably high for most folks here in our country too. I hope to find cheaper perfumes with the same notes as this too :))

angelica_hellyna
angelica_hellyna

It gave me good memory! My elder sister bought it and I would always spritz it on me every time she was not home. And that made me HAPPY! Huuuhu!

The bottle looks cheerful. Guess I loved the simplicity behind it. Although the bottle was quite wide, I tried to handle it with care.

Smell of it was nice. It made me feel like an orange pie. Or a nice squeeze of orange for breakfast. Was still in junior school back then so that was why I loved it.

So yeah, it gave me a great memory of my childhood. It is nice. It still made me HAPPY! :D

banksgirl6
banksgirl6

I'll preface this by saying that this fragrance has great lasting power...after almost 24 hrs and a visit to the gym, it's still on my wrist. Ugh, how I wish this was the case with some of my favorite fragrances. Unfortunately, Happy is not one of them. It really isn't bad, but I think it's just not good on me. I don't really get any of the citrus notes (which I usually like), but only the underlying floral (which are fine if not exceptional), and a very strong "spicy" note. Looking at the notes listed on this site, I have no clue where my sense of "spiciness" is coming from, but it's definitely there on me and reminds me a little too much of pepper or some other cooking ingredient I wouldn't want in a fragrance. This is obviously a popular fragrance, so I'm sure it's just not working with my body chemistry.

caca102
caca102

Does not work for me either, it is citrus, but it's more like bitter orange rind than juicy orange. It last all day on me, unfortunately. Definitely try before you buy.

gparedes143
gparedes143

not what i expected, i bought it and wore it maybe twice, smells great on my bff so i though hmm i should give it a go, lil did i know it had achuuuu written all over it, its not fresh at all more like spicy ? i gave it away to my mother in law...

rabbipinaud
rabbipinaud

The Mrs. greatly enjoys this scent. I find it mildly pleasant in an unobtrusive, girlish kind of way. The wife is a tough middle aged old bird and the "girly" scent would not seem to be anything like her style. However it works and seems to balance and mellow out her "aura". I smell a citrusy, very sweet syrupy white floral and slightly metalic scent. It's not very sensual but feminine in a PG13 manner. I can see why some love it and some hate.

Patricia40
Patricia40

I find that the name of the fragrance and its scent are totally unrelated. It smells very green, citrusy, and just foul. I don't know if it is the musk clashing with the citrusy notes but, there is nothing pleasant about this scent. The thing is I like citrusy green scents, I like Aqua Allegoria Pamplelene by Guerlain and Cristalle eau verte by Chanel. Something about the combination of notes just doesn't combine well.

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

Its bad. Its not blended well and the oranges are beyond synthetic. Smells like orange scented car waxer. And nothing else. Didn't make me happy either

acavicchi
acavicchi

I first smelled this on a roommate and had to ask what it was- there was something different about the scent that I really liked. I ended up getting my own bottle and loved it (though didn't love that I smelled it on lots of other people everywhere I went!) and my boyfriend loved it, too.
To me, it seemed like a fresh, citrus-y scent with some nice floral notes (lily and lily of the valley to my nose) on a bed of moss. I'm not sure why moss isn't listed in the notes but, to me, it's definitely there.
Unfortunately, as many people here have stated, after a while (maybe a year or so?) the scent starts to take on the smell of burning rubber or plastic. I ended up throwing mty bottle out and would be hesitant to buy it again for that reason. Sad! Maybe the lotion would be a better bet?

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

Not impressed with this scent, smells like those yellow dandelions to me. Blindly bought this when I was a clinique fan girl. It smells old ladyish to me. Thank god I bought the miniature and not a full bottle.

akats
akats

interesting notes gathered together but not an interestig fragrance. Such a mess! The smell is so confusen, that it renders to be something dull. Very pale and a little of everything. A bit of citrus, a bit of floral, a bit of sweet fruits. In some people smells good (as they say) A friend of mine says that feels sexy with this. But why whenever I meet her and hag her I cannot tell what she's wearing? Her supposed signature fragrance, is totally boring for me that I never distinct it.

saguna
saguna

Happy for men are much better than for women. That's all I can say. For me it's the same story like with Burberry weekend. For men - love love love, for women- hate hate hate.
Happy is happy only for men :)

sharyssa
sharyssa

i have sampled this many times and it always has a rancid perfumey smell when i first spray but then it smells good. idk i the bottles are old or this just doesnt keep well? idk but it's not exactly cheap so maybe they could improve it? idk i do like it though but i like the one with the pink cap more. i would buy but if it goes bad quick i'd get a 1 oz size but overall nice fragrance it is!

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

Oh pooh, now my bottle of Happy is smelling like burnt plastic. Oh well, it's almost finished, with just a tiny bit at the bottom. The plastic smell does not appear every time, so I suspect it's to do with the way I hold the bottle when spraying... or the fact that it is almost empty.

But you know what this means? I get to buy more new perfumes! :D

zulukline
zulukline

Irony at it's finest. This is supposed to be a happy fragrance, but all I feel is annoyed when I smelled it. I bought the 1oz. off eBay, maybe I got an old bottle, but this scent is just awful, smells woodsy and musky and not light and floraly on me. If anyone wants to trade HMU.

n.hidayah
n.hidayah

On me it smells like ralph lauren style

jreyes366
jreyes366

I don't know what the deal is wit Clinique scents but they all smell really, really salty to me. They don't smell bad but I wouldn't want to go around smelling like saltwater all the time. And also from what i've experienced, they don't smell unique in any way.

SSkilling
SSkilling

I found this frag to smell unbearably like cheap plastic on me. I'm sure it smells great on others, but it just doesn't work with my body chemistry. Strange because Cliniqe Elixir is just the opposite--I get compliments wearing it and just love it.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

A happy fruity floral scent with a faint note of lily-of-the-valley and a hint of musk in the drydown, but only a hint, because the oranges, mandarines & other assorted citric-fruits drown everything else out.

I love orange notes in happy summer scents, but for my taste there are too many heavy fruit notes going on in this fragrance. I couldn't wear it everyday and I find I can't wear it the whole day long either. A scent for those that love orange enough to smell it all day long. I would say this is a day wear scent only, and would be great for a summer holiday. Silage is "I can smell fresh oranges all around me" and the longevity is 5+ hours. Definitely sample before purchase.

To satisfy my orange need in a perfume bottle I prefer Cacharels Liberté far more. It has just enough fruity orange to give me that happy feel, yet is mixed in such a way that other lovely notes -like patchouli- help the orange to find some balance and stop it from feeling too overpowering on the fruit front.

misstierra05
misstierra05

All I can say is seventh grade when I see this, boy have I come a long long way in my perfume game.

kris6971
kris6971

This was a gift years ago, and I still adore it.

iHeartMoschino05
iHeartMoschino05

When I was still very young, I used up mine until the last drop. The scent is citrusy with so much energie, hence that is why it's called Clinique Happy. Not wearing this anymore but I can detect it on other people and it still makes me smile.

Aspendina
Aspendina

I do like this but can't wear it as it reminds me of the first vacation I took with my husband when we first started dating, it was a wonderful trip to Disney World and this fragrance smells exactly like our resort the ePolynesian, great trip I just don't walk around smelling like a hotel.

ellachamp
ellachamp

I will always have a love affair with this perfume. I just love the smell, makes me happy! They did everything right on this one. Clinique nailed it! The smell is unique and lasting power is quite good. Very feminine without being too floral nor too sweet. Clinique Happy smells really nice on me after I sweat for a little bit. I guess heat brings out the best of this scent on me heeheehee.

judyanna
judyanna

I was reminded of the perfume Happy by Clinique the other day and thought I would try it again. I hadn’t tried it in years. It just goes to show you- perfumes are different on everyone. I read a lot of rave reviews concerning Happy. For me it burned my skin and gave me a raging headache. I couldn’t wait to take a shower to get it off me. Oh well.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

Simply clean, sparkling, fresh and uplifting is what this is! I needed something to replace my Pleasures Bloom which I surely will be missing, but will definitely go back to later. I am so happy I went back to my Happy! I had it a few years back but it turned on me because I kept it in the sunlight (woops, before I knew about that rule). This is a fool-proof, fresh zesty fragrance for my job that requires extremely early mornings...(6am anyone?) and some citrus aromatherapy to get me going. :)

Lucialuz
Lucialuz

The perfum is NOT citrus. It smells like honey or beeswax. Horrible perfum. It has nothing to do with summer.

gemgirl26
gemgirl26

Ah, Happy. This was MY perfume in high school. I loved it. It was fresh, bright and...happy. Loved the citrus. Couldn't get enough of it.

While shopping a couple of weeks ago, I sprayed it on thinking maybe I'd buy a small bottle of it...um, no! Not happening! Not sure if I've just outgrown it or what, but I couldn't wait to get home and wash this scent off me. What used to make me happy now just makes me sad...

jenny23
jenny23

So I really wanted to enjoy this,but the drydown on me smelled like jergens natural glow moisturizing lotion.(You know the one that is supposed to give a tan look and moisturize your skin) I was never a big fan of that scent so this one is not for me at all.I think if they just removed the note that smells like that natural glow moisturizer this could be a nice scent. But I do have to pass on this one, But Clinique Happy Heart smells wonderful!

rissy76
rissy76

Not so happy....
I do not have a good chemistry with this fragrance.
The smell reminds me of expired parfume.

Narmis
Narmis

Can you say citrus explosion?! A lovely summer time perfume that smells fresh, clean and oh so happy ;) However, it's not necessarily original in it's scent, so if you want to play it safe, i would definitely try this one out!

pomdgf
pomdgf

Absolutely happy when I wear it especially gotta crush on lily and magnolia at the base nose and sour smell of citruses. It smell so cool like the wind blow hair. For every use and perfect for a hot day and hot weather like my country. Luv it ! Keep wearing.

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

I want to like this perfume. Yet it reminds me of all the high school cheerleaders that slathered it on. It's TOO much Happy. It's so happy, it leaves me sad. I prefer Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. It's citrus with more depth.

rinz09
rinz09

This was my first fragrance. It smells of innocent, and cleanness. Very citrus, very floral, very very clean. I do recommend it as a first time fragrance for young teens. Its a nice intro fragrance.

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

I'm a guy and I love this scent!! It's fresh, clean and citrusy but has a floral note in there somewhere. My mom used to wear this and I used to always compliment her on the way she smelled! I obviously don't wear this (I wear Happy for Men)seeing as to how it's for women and all but every time I pass a place that sells this, I ALWAYS spray some on the test paper and smell it until there is no more left on the paper lol.
God Bless!!

Eilonwy74
Eilonwy74

This is the scent I wore to my senior prom almost ten years ago. It still smells young and hopeful and very happy. It's quite citrusy, of course, but I get magnolia too. I haven't bought a new bottle since senior year because I felt I'd out-grown it, but keep thinking that maybe the tides have turned and I should get a bottle to wear to my ten year reunion.

thinknice
thinknice

I remember when it first came out, I was 17 and had to have it. This scent is true to its name. Every time I smell this it reminds me of high school, fun summers and no worries. I would never wear this at 31 yrs of age, I still think it smells bright, fresh, and young. I recommend this to any highschooler to wear for spring and summer days...

Aubynik
Aubynik

Wore this in the 7th grade; I thought it made me so sophisticated. I loved going to a counter to buy my perfume instead of a shelf at the local Wal-Mart!! LoL

I wouldn't wear this now, but that doesn't mean it doesn't smell nice. It is a fresh and safe citrus.
Smells like a warm day spent in the sunshine drinking orange juice and lemonade while wandering around a field filled with lilies.

I feel it truly matches the name. It's made for a free spirited, happy young lady. This doesn't strike me as even being close to sophisticated now. My how my style has changed. I now no longer fear standing out from the cloud rather than blending in.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

Truly the scent of happiness.
Clinique created a perfume that has warmth as well as freshness in it, mixed together in a PERFECT BLEND.

This is a masterpiece! There is no harshness in it, it is soft and comforting, still with that hint of perfect watery, orangey, smooth citrusy kind of heavenly freshness.

It makes me feel warm and cozy but still euphoric.
I guess that's what they intended the wearer of this perfume to feel like. Goal reached! :)

As it is a Parfum Spray, not an Eau de Parfum, it lasts all day and all night on my skin.

I LOVE TO BE "HAPPY"! :)

kylexora
kylexora

Anyone smells Clinique Happy like expired perfumes?? I do...

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

this came out in my 2nd year of college and still to this day i cannot get over how the entire sorority dorm reeked of this scent. it was horrible then and it's still horrible now! a plastic, bitter orange and powdery mess in a bottle and one of the few fragrances that will give me an instant headache and a wave of nausea (Drakkar Noir being the primary other migraine inducing scent).

kathryn.dean
kathryn.dean

Very sweet, summery scent. I don't wear it often, but when I do, I find it has nice staying power, and when used sparingly, receives lots of compliments.

Decodawn
Decodawn

Fresh, confident, and young, this fragrance is fruity and really does deliver what it says on the bottle it does make you feel 'Happy'!!

Soutty123
Soutty123

Happy is the olfactory equivalent of a pair of white waist high cotton knickers.

Opening with a blast of strong chemicals, this is refreshing and uplifting in the way that walking into a freshly cleaned bathroom is refreshing and uplifting.

It's unoriginal and dull and the strong chemicals make me sneeze. I wish so many people didn't wear this.

sunnyguo
sunnyguo

Very adorable and fresh scent.

sierramae
sierramae

I have always loved Clinique Happy. It is indeed a happy scent that I can wear during daytime and during warmer weather. I got my first whiff of this juice back in high school when my granny gave me a sample vial. For me it was a classic case of love at first sniff. I was completely smitten and promised to get myself a big bottle but as it was very expensive back then, I just completely forgot about it. Until my husband gave me a big bottle for my birthday 2 years ago.

I have always been a fan of fresh, citrusy scents. But by far, Clinique Happy is defo my hands down favourite. It bursts with energising notes of freshly squeezed oranges and grapefruit and dries down nicely to the warmth of musk. I'm quite surprised with all the negative reviews. However, I guess my nose just loved the scent and agreed with my body chemistry.

Jellybean
Jellybean

too sweet, fruity scent, lots of orange in here. fresh at the beginning. I used to think it was a nice perfume, but then when it came out everyone was wearing it. Over saturation made me dislike it. Also, please use it sparingly. That sweetens becomes overcloying with time. This is one of the perfumes that I can recall instantaneously, since 99% of my past surroundings used to wear it.

Fragrantnatic

This fragrance starts of kinda strong, with good lasting power but the dry down kinda puts me off.. I can smell some dried dead flower stuff that has a not so nice stench.. reminds of dried up ylang ylang flowers.. dont think this works for me. Happy Heart is better.

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

This is probably one of those popular perfumes that everyone seems to have,but no two people smell alike. It morphs differently on the person. Believe or not, I can only recall two people that this smelled exactly as it did from the bottle. The many people I've stopped and asked that have told me they were wearing this is astounding, but not bothersome because on some it has smelled softly spicy, or straight on citrus. And various versions in between. I like this perfume. It is so cheerful, without being annoying. It is not cloying sweet, which is always a plus in my book. It smells of citrus, lots of them. That alone puts it a winner in my book.

What I love most about it is that it can be mixed with other perfumes to kinda enliven a fragrance. My favorite thing to mix this, especially the body lotion, is the discontinued Gardenia body lotions from Bath and Body Works. Oh man does this become incredible. I can't count one person that didn't ask what I am wearing when I use them. Together they become powerful things, you can smell this from a bunch of feet away, but it is never bothersome. The freesia of both scents amplifies and the fresh elegance of the gardenia somehow intertwines with the mandarin of Happy. Happy transforms from a happy, charming girl to full on glamazon, while still keeping her charm. Adore it!

ION
ION

The most precise thing one can say about this perfume, is that the male edition is considerably better! ;)
Actually, I'd advise all girls to go for that instead.

pammiecillo
pammiecillo

This perfume reminds me of Law school. Not because it is boring but because I used it a lot during my first year and on my first moot court.It always reminded me of a clean, professional, fresh yet feminine scent. I remember opening my portfolio smelling like clinique happy and all the confidence and feeling of victory that i had during that specific time will always come. It is not overpowering, it will definitely not give you a headache and it lasts pretty long.

3ood
3ood

This scent is very fresh in a citrusy way .. one of the best good mood boosting perfumes, whether you wear it or spray it in a room or in the bathroom just before a bath .

TWebb
TWebb

One of my favorite perfumes for spring and summer. Putting it on makes you smile as the fragrance is "happy" owing to the understones of orange blossom and florals. It fades a bit on me and have to reapply, but it is a scent I love spraying on.

lizzie81

Hmm what can I say about this? It starts of citrus fresh and eases into spring time florals. It has great lasting power on me and it just makes me smile. Not sexy or statement, 'happy' has nothing to prove. light and bright and comforting. Is it the power of suggestion or does it really make u feel happy!

hanilee84
hanilee84

I got this scent as a birthday gift from my sister a few years ago. Will always remind me of her :)

jenka135
jenka135

A number of girls I went to school with (ten years ago) used to wear this. It's clean and fresh--even perky. A little too bright for my taste, but a great scent for someone a bit sportier.

jennavere
jennavere

I've enjoyed this perfume on others for many years. What I found when I recently started wearing it myself is that it's too... well, happy. More specifically, with my body chemistry the scent unfortunately lacks depth. So I tried layering it with Calvin Klein's Truth, which adds a bit of mystery and woodsy grit. The end result reminds me a bit of Estee Lauder Pleasures, but without the musk.

Zinderella
Zinderella

I like it very much and have worn it a lot in the summer. I have noticed that my bottles of Happy seem to go off after only a short while and it doesnt smell fresh any more.. the citrus disappears and it turns into sort of stale old flowers and sickly honey once it has gone off. This is disappointing and annoying. I have stopped buying it because of this. I have many bottles of perfume, many of which I bought in the 70's and they havent gone off. All of my perfumes are kept in cool dark drawers and most are still in their boxes. My bottles of Happy have also been kept like this. I dont understand why Happy goes off... :(

tuoksu
tuoksu

This smells floral fruity, and it is what my best friend wears and will always remind me of her. What could be happier than that?

JaneCandy
JaneCandy

One of the few, if not the only, of my mother's fragrances that I might steal a spritz of every now and then and you have to admire that kind of versatility. It also amazes me how different this scent can smell on different people.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I remember spraying some of this perfume on myself as a pre-teen, not long after it was first released on an outing to a department store with my mom.

At the time both she and I hated it as it was very sour. However, I recently tried it again and I prefer it now.

It's still got that initial sour citrus scent that is way too strong but after a while it subsides to give way to more subtle fruity and flowery notes.

It's not the best of its kind out there but it's a nice summery perfume once the sharper top notes have dried down to give way to the floral heart.

elie
elie

it really mak eme happy when i wear it .love it

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I know that a lot of people love this perfume, however it was too sweet and floral and gave me a headache. I gave the little sample vial to my Aunt (who lives across the country. lol) because she loves this perfume

xxmikixx
xxmikixx

I found that this perfume can vary by your skin. On some people it smells good and others a bit funky, but with that I found it's an average citrus light perfume. It's nothing mind blowing but it's a nice little refreshing smell.

getora
getora

I just love this scent SO much.

devaluxe
devaluxe

My mom loves this stuff and on her, it's magic...on me however, it doesn't work with my chemistry. Oh well. At least I can enjoy it on her because I really do like the scent.

dame piglet
dame piglet

This scent seems to be making a bit of a comeback with the over-35 set. It was everywhere several years ago, then seemed to go into "remission." Maybe it's "so out it's in."
Anyway, it opens huge and zesty. It does dry down nicely and gets better as the other notes start to emerge. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way... for a long time. And it's like bread in the oven if you try wearing it in the heat - it gets BIG fast!

It can go "bad" quickly if not stored properly. But it's great to wear around the office. You'll probably get a whole bunch of complements.

Demure
Demure

I had a small sample size of this perfume. My mother tried it once and gave it to me. I wasn't a fan either ... it's very strong and sour I feel. I've had this sample bottle for a while now ..& don't see myself ever wearing the perfume again

aniston
aniston

I was surprised by the negative reviews here. This really is a happy perfume. Very summery. Only downside I can say is that it has become so popular that so many knock offs around and so it has become a common fragrance.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

I dont own this but I tried it recently and it has a funky note in it that makes it unwearable. Velocity by MaryKay is a much better dupe of this fragrance and cheaper too.

Louw
Louw

Does not make my nose happy at all! To me this smells just like concentrated orange juice and I can't get past that to find anything to like about it. Yuk! Really don't like it!

ujhb
ujhb

My highschool perfume ... citrus citrus citrus, pure lemons and oranges. Nothing else. To wear it alone on your skin isn't the way to go. This needs something powdery to soften it. Spraying it on your freshly washed clothes or bed sheets, is the way to go. If you put this on your "hot spots" (back of neck, wrists) and wear it on a hot day, the mix with the salts in our skin turns it a little rancid. I'm not into this scent anymore but if you want to work this, don't spray it on your skin.

KateZeGreat
KateZeGreat

Even if wasn't in HS at the time of Happy's release, this scent smells immature to me...not young, but immature.

It's a bit cloying, loud, a wee bit cheap: a big pair of faux-gold hoop earrings hanging from the lobes of a 1980s constantly-on-the-phone, gum-chewing 13-year old completely with Bonnie-Bell lip gloss and neon scrunchie.

The plum/fruit chords are overblown/too syrupy - likely what dooms this 'fume for me. Ah well, only 120,000 others to adore!

Chelle1980
Chelle1980

I love this perfume! I like to describe it as a happy ray of sunshine! It just makes me feel so happy. It is a citrus scent, sweet but not too sweet and not cloying at all. It lasts a few hours on my skin. About 4-5 hours maybe so that is my only complaint.

Siv55
Siv55

I used to wear this on holidays. It's bright and fresh and green and orangey. Used to get lots of "thats nice" comments. Not rave reviews, but often remarked upon. It does smell happy and when I wore this I was.
Perhaps I should start wearing it again.
Now that I'm on venlafaxine :(

nora elia
nora elia

I looooooooooooove it, it brings me memories of a trip loong time ago. Really refreshing!!

Eos
Eos

Light and fresh, much more appropriate for spring/summer than fall/winter. Contextualized within its release time (late 1990's) its alright. Certainly the marketing job was superb, it seems popular even to this day among generation-Xers.

Enchantra
Enchantra

simply irresistible!
Fresh and very feminine.
Great in summertime.

mamamia
mamamia

too much citrus and not pleasant way

mirna86
mirna86

I don't like this perfume very much, it´s too sour for my taste, too much citrus! On the other hand, I looooove Happy Heart!, it´s more feminine, classy and young, this it´s too serious for me, and I think it smells ordinary; but, recently I´ve smelled Happy for Men, I i have to say that it's a really a good fresh scent for men.

sadie2006plo
sadie2006plo

i like this perfume! it is amazing. a fresh citrus scent! more for a 20something girl. I think that for more of a teenager, they should get the happy heart.. it is more of a fun flirt scent!!! this is fun!

icontreras
icontreras

Despite the advertising of this fragrance, I do not think is for teenagers in happy situations.
I find this the perfect perfume for a day in the office. It smell clean, powerful, serious and stay all day long...
I feel a professional women when I wear it so I use it for all my professional commitments in which I have to spend all the day out, in conferences and so on.

It is a very fresh,nice fragrance and I like a lot but I automatically associate it to a professional working scene.

pearlqueen
pearlqueen

I'm not a really big fan of Clinique Happy, I prefer Clinique Happy Heart over this one, but one of my co workers wear this perfume and it smells better on her than on me.

On me, it smells like expired orange wine. (If there is such a case.)

On her, it smells like a sultry orange champagne. It doesn't really wow me, but I don't gag when I smell her.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Am I the only one that's not impressed by this?
It's an OK perfume, for teenage girls perhaps but It's not 'wow'... I smelled it today and I just can't get the hype...

LeeLee9487
LeeLee9487

Enjoy this fragrance but has NO staying power. Wont be buying this again :s

New@thisperfumething
New@thisperfumething

I purchased a sample of this and after about a week testing it out I can declare this frangrance a loss. There is something about it that is a turn off. i can't put my finger on it, but I think it smells synthetic. A previous reviewer stated that this stuff will remind you of a Clinique counter- they are so right! It does evoke childhood memories of shopping with my mom, aunt, and grandmom and for that I guess I can give it some credit. Overall, I'm HAPPY I only bought the sample of this.

LaPetite
LaPetite

This is so weird , i LOVE it on a testing paper from the perfume store , but on my skin it's true horror ! It smells like licorice YUK !

Inche
Inche

Fresh and sweet...it remind of CD Diorisimo,but light version.

DriHonne
DriHonne

I had this scent 6 years ago. It was my signature scent. I worn it everyday that time. I loved the citrusy opening and the flowery-musky smell in the drydown. I live in a warm city so it was perfect. I felt fresh and clean like I had just finished showering. I remember one of my neighbours saying she knew when I was leaving to work because she could feel the smell in the corridor. Then my first bottle finished and I bought another one.I started to wear it again.One day I was visiting a very close friend of mine that was going through tough times in her marriage. She was very curious about the scent I was wearing because it lifted her spirits. Then next time we met I gave her my barely used bottle and this small gesture brought tears of `HAPPYness` to her eyes. Now her marriage seems to be back on track and she told me that Happy is the fragrance she wears when she feels like that: HAPPY.
I do not intend to buy another bottle for me. Now I am more mature and do not feel like wearing citrusy fragrances. I am currently trying floral and oriental/woody scents.

Not Happy.

i bought this again today, and i'm so glad i did. i love it more now then i did 10 years ago when i wore it. its so fresh and fruity, citrusy and clean. we are headed for a huge snowstorm tomorrow and this has added sunshine into this cold, snowy winter. this will be a great spring perfume.

i love the combination of this citrusy, floral happy perfume. its a burst of fresh and clean. it just gives me a happy aura when i wear it. i've only had samples, time to buy the whole package.

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

A friend was wearing this one and normally I am not led to ask what a lady is wearing if she smells good. On this occasion I did as she smelt so clean, fresh and sweet. I bought it and have to say this is not for special occasions for me but one to wear on a day when you just want to smell nice, not overpowering.

Chanelette
Chanelette

My relationship with Happy is a kind of complicated, let me explain:
When I was a teenage girl I had a friend I was spending a lot of time with. Then years have passed and I became the person I am today. I enjoy reading poetry, watching artsy films, having long discussions with my new girlfriends at a quiet cafe. I don't have much in common with the friend from my teenage years anymore but we stay in touch. It's refreshing to spend a sunday with her from time to time. And each time we're together I feel relax and carefree, like back in those old days. But! One weekend is just enough. I simply can't spend more than those two days with the girl cos she's just too carefree and "happy" for my taste. So I get back to my melancholic friend Chanel Cristalle and demonic Poison...knowing that occasionally the old friend will visit me again and I'll really enjoy our time together.

lilly m.
lilly m.

didn't like it, a little too generic for my taste. on my skin, it became bitter orange and baby powder. nothing special. dry down is a little better, less bitter, less powdery.

This perfume is extremely orange and reminds me of the sun. It basically smells like orange and way, way too much lily. Lily is a flower that I find harsh and overpowering. I'll pass on this one.

romrom
romrom

I love it !! but only in the hot summer months , it's very clean and fresh , you feel like you just took a shower.

Désirée

Even though I don't really enjoy this fragrance, it is so sad to see it went bad in less than a year.. There are some white dust-like things swimming in the Happy bottle.. The smell is sour too.

If you like this fragrance, please buy the smallest size and finish it ASAP!

rosabell
rosabell

If oranges were made of plastic , they would smell like this. I had Happy about 8 years ago , and I frankly don't recall why I bought- maybe the price was accsesible. Very faint, synthetic and plastic-like. It's not bad, it is just useless. Maybe I bought it because I was very young at the time.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Tried it at my moms house since she has this perfume. This is not a fresh perfume at all, it is extremely musky and cloying. I cannot imagine wearing this in the summer time. It is similar to Tommy freedom which I had and gave away. My husband said I smelled like cigarettes. It does have a tobacco smell to it. I told him it was the perfume I was wearing!

Dian Dananjaya
Dian Dananjaya

this is georgeous !!
i love this after clinique happy heart..
it more fruity than clinique happy heart..
but happy heart is still the best for me..
this perfume soo clear,fresh,crunchy,fruity..
hmm, almost make you happier after use this..
perfect special..
woman or man..
teen or old

TamaraMichelle
TamaraMichelle

Has a scent so distinctive, I can identify it right away if I am in the same room with anyone wearing it. However, I find it too "sicky-sweet". Maybe I just don't like fruity florals. Like many frangrances by Clinique, it is somewhat heavy and cloying.

bolla2909
bolla2909

My friend used to have it, it doesn't work for me, but it was really lovely on her! When I smell it now it reminds me of good times :)

Woodelf
Woodelf

How else can one describe Happy other than a bright, citrus scent? I smell pink grapefruit, lime and bergamot on first application, and, after dry down, lotus and musk. Lily-of-the-valley seems to be the dominant middle note to my nose, but even after this has been on my skin for hours, it's the citrus and musk that prevail. Sillage is median, and Happy lingers on my skin for most of the day. A little goes a long way.

I am not a huge fan of citrus scents as I find them a bit sharp, but Happy makes a nice change from my usual Oriental floral favourites. Definitely a warm weather scent.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

It has been my favourite scent for years. Unfortunately my nose got used to it. IMO it's a nice, bittersweet fruity-floral scent, with a lot of citruses, not screaming, ideal for work and very long-lasting, too. I see, that some people hate it, like every parfum, what has a strong individuality, and is not as thousand others.

Natalie467
Natalie467

Happy smells wonderful on other people, but not on me. My friend used to wear it and since it smelled so good I tested a few spritzes in the store, ugh. It turns into this strong chemical stink on my skin. It's one of the few perfumes I've come across that "turn" on me. I smell it on other people and it smells fine.....oh well.

Somebody left a bottle of Happy in the ladies' room @ work, not one of the other workers, we share a bathroom with the customers so probably one of them left it behind. It had about 1/2 of an inch of juice left in it, I gave it to my Happy wearing friend, it's of no use to me.

When will the perfume fairy leave behind a bottle of Joy, Kilian or Bond in the bathroom? That would make me happy ;)

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

Something about this just turns my stomach. This is one of my least favorite perfumes ever.

nyoka

I hared the old HAppy but the newer one is entirely different.It has a slight fruity edge not as sweet as a lot of them.Having vworked for a florist in high school,I no what morning orchids smell like.It is truly in here.IT doesnt make me happy but,it does make me smile!I really like the musk used in this and the musk seems like its a lil different than most.THis would b good to wear in spring.Its light and fresh.Good for daytime.Its not a sensual fume to me.Would b good for all ages.SWeet everyday fume.

Kirancilla
Kirancilla

I remember getting a tester of this in my early teenage years, when it came out (1998? Am I really THAT old already?)... and I liked it a lot by then. I don't know if it would be the same now, being a grown up woman and everything... well, Friday is my "Douglas" day, so I guess I will give it another try. But, you know, there are so many other perfumes out there that are far more original.

narcotic
narcotic

Happy will always have a very particular place in my heart, and I too am surprised to see the batches of negative reviews here.

Just like the prewar Guerlains or the 80s power Givenchys, this scent is totally reminiscent of a very particular point in fashion and taste - when Herion Chic experienced the last pangs of popularity and Gen Xers (and this older Gen Y'er) dusted off their Docs and tried to make an honest living. And they wore this fragrance.

Clinique Happy is probably the first real fruity floral aquatic that woke everone up from the haze of 80s fragrances that announce your presence before the wearer arrives. Yes, it might have opened the Pandora's Box of that that particular olfactive family (no one needs another celebrity fruity floral, that's for sure), but think of what a relief it was to grow out of the impenetrable spice haze of the Amariges and Samsaras (beautiful though they are) and get hit with this bucket of sexy ice water.

Happy is very carefully engineered to enhance the wearer, not the other way around. You walk into a room wearing this and people see you first, take you in, and THEN get hit with this curiously fresh bunch of white flowers and citrus whip.

I just hope this doesn't get reformulated soon, because Clinique Happy instantly transports me back to Incubus, Modrobes, pants the size of tents, and those little electronic Nano pets you begged your mom for. I don't wear it now but I wouldn't change it for the world.

StephD
StephD

My mom always had this scent in her collection, and as a little girl I would always sniff it. It's a very citrusy scent, and unless worn on the right person, it seems to me like you'd be trying to hard to be 'happy'. Does not suit my personality, but nevertheless I enjoy smelling it. Reminds me of my childhood in the 90s.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I am absolutely shocked by the number of mega negative comments about the fragrance. To me - it is an essence of womanity, it is sensual, sexy and so much different to anything I ever had a chance to smell in my life.
It does start off citrusy but after approx 20 minutes it ''calms down'' and makes you feel...happy :-)
The notes are well balanced and that is the reason why I cannot tell apart notes on their own. It is great as I hate when particular note dominates the fragrance.
Clinique Happy is a great surprise fragrance; starting from lemony-fruity aromatic note and ending at delightful floral-green notes. It has nice sillage and staying power.
I am pleased I haven't read the perfume reviews here before buying it, as I would have never had an opportunity to try it.
I fell in love with it and it is a shame that there are so many negatives.
Action told me one day you need to understand the fragrance to be able to impartially judge it and since then, I changed my attitude completely.
I stopped making ''love it or hate it'' statements as every fragrance is created for a particular group of women or men.
Wouldn't the worl be dull and awful if there was just one perfume suiting all people's tastes...?

Poca
Poca

Clinique Happy used to be so popular when I was teen. Almost every girl had this and they all could smell the same! Something fun about this perfume:

- Perfect for the sunny summer days!
- Fresh lemony-citrussy scent can be a bit strong in the beginning, but it becomes lighter. I don't notice apple or bergamot at all.
- Not long lasting but don't spray it too much!
- Ordinary perfume and worth buying if you're into lime flavor and searching the scent to complete your beachwear.

littlerayray77
littlerayray77

WOW man. I feel sick when I smell this. I don't ever get that. The heart version is more tolerable but eeeek. I'm not liking Cliniques scents. Its sharp for sure. It makes me want to wash it off right away.

Désirée

I don't get this fragrance. I do understand how it was interesting and how could it become a cult fragrance back in 90's. Because the idea was new perheaps? It was a great change after 80's intensity?

To me, Happy is incredibly, disturbingly sharp. It is like trying too hard to be happy and gives me headaches and stomachaches. I can't bear it sniffing in a restaurant or a bus. It knocks me out. Please use it sparingly..

Loraamore
Loraamore

I love Happy even though I don't own it right now. It's so yummy I want to eat it.

bergamot

I thought the smell was pretty nice but something in the ingredients makes my stomach flip every time for the whole time i am near it so i avoid even moving in the direction of this smell.

delphine67
delphine67

Smells like lemonade to me. The kind with lots of artificial colours and flavour. Chemical scent

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

I really like this fragrance. Its name describes this scent "Happy". I love the top notes,smell very well mixed sour citrus (not orangy) which is very refreshing and uplifting. Because I'm a citrus lover,I love it. Recommend for someone who loves citrus!!!

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

Ah, Clinique Happy. Bear with me, please. If as a baby Wolverine´s claws were made of orange, and for no apparent reason he decided to shove them up your nose, that would be something not far off from the Clinique Happy experience. It is violently citrusy and fizzy. I like my fragrance to be a little smoother and I really don´t like having to hold my breath for 5 minutes until the edge wears off. Completely sneeze inducing!

TanjaS
TanjaS

Artifical and soapy. Not what I expected at all(after reading several reviews of it across the internet). I wasn't able to detect any specific note in it either.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Fresh and sweet at the same time.Great for summer.I enjoy the smell..

amwoir
amwoir

this perfume makes me feel so sick its like having morning nausea. i dont know why or what it is but it has to me a really strong acid smell mixed with mouldy fruit thats on the turn. i have a friend who wore it constantly and to my embarrassement i had to ask her not to around me.

kittymoon
kittymoon

Sounds promising doesn't it?! I expected a blast of citrus, oranges, sparkling spring flowers... but it's got this strange artificial part deep inside, a bit like toilet (sorry). It's a shame because without it, it would be a winner!

nyoka

whatever it is,it makes me sick.this is the first fume ive ever smelled that made me want to vomit.i cant stand even looking at the bottle or hearing its name.if someone has put it on 3 days ago,same thing.i no its suppose to smell good and lift the spirits,but when i use it,i need to go to bed.

outofocus
outofocus

Clinique Happy never made me feel happy, or even feel like I'm wearing a nice fragance(something that really lifts my spirits!!

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

i got this as a gift and expected this perky pretty sunny smell and it did not live up 2 my expectations at all because of the plum in it all i smell is burnt rubber? ? ? ? its so strange im thinking it must be my chemistry? i would love to smell it on some one else? ? ?but even if thats the case and say it did work for others i definantly dont see it becoming a legend? it does kind of evoke the image of that'' mean girls' movie lindsy lohan played in young dumb and chewing bubble gum? every thing is pink and purple very trendy very safe for the 25 and under who do not know who they are yet? thumbs down

sistertricked
sistertricked

Happy lifts me up whenever I wear it. I like the lime bergamote and queen grapefruit beginning which is the whole spirit of this scent. It is for all ages, even if it is just slightly bitter, which makes it a more grown up sunny smell. I wear it mostly during summer and when doing sports, or when bracing up for some re-arranging work around the house, so as to have a bright start. I usually go back to my other perfumes, but I long for Happy so there it is back again. It has a good sillage, one spray is just enough for power and longevity. The drydown brings forth a warmer version of it, when the amber comes out. It's so lovely!

exciter76
exciter76

I feel the need to defend Happy's honor. Not because it is the ultimate powerhouse of all women's fragrances--it is far from it. I need to do so because it is a fragrance that defined Generation-X girls as women who did not need to let their fragrance define them nor let their fragrance announce their presence as our mothers' fragrances did in pre-Happy years.

I do not want to imply that Happy led a revolution of "passive" scents. However, ask any thirty-something woman today what fragrance was prominent in her perfume cache and she will most likely confess Happy was not only in her collection, it was the one used most often. I call it "passive" because most scents that predated Happy were strong "power" scents (see Red Door, Safari, or Red by Giorgio). They were not bad scents but it was time for a change and Happy led the charge along with Sunflowers.

Maybe my age gives me away but it does not smell dated to me. I grew tired of it by the time I was twenty-five. I have rediscovered Happy (and all of its sibling scents) recently and fallen in love all over again.

It smells simplistic--like a white-floral-tinged glass of Sunny Delight--but it was borne out of a need for scented simplicity. Admirably, though, for such a simple scent it is very distinctive. Happy cannot be confused for any other scent but it is often apparent that many post-Happy fragrances were inspired by it.

Not bad for the Gen-X slacker of fragrances.

Amethyststar
Amethyststar

I have worn this for years, and it DOES make me feel very happy and light-hearted. Mostly a summer scent, I do not like sweet fruity scents but I don't detect that here, just fresh, clean citrus. I always purchase it at high-end stores, and have never had a problem with it smelling "off" or bad in any way. And contrary to a few of the nasty reviews farther down, I am not some plastic bimbo or "without a shred of personaity". I am an artist, very well versed in perfumes, and have been wearing mostly French scents since I was quite young. Perfumes are a very personal thing, and I would NEVER make any assumptions about a person's life or personality based on the scent they wear--that is a bit ridiculous.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

Used to love this and wear it all the time in my early and mid twenties, but now I'm past thirty, I find it too fruity and sweet and somehow lacking something. Think it suits a young woman, maybe 18-25, but after that I'm not so sure. It's certainly pleasant and inoffensive enough, just no longer my cup of tea.

rosered
rosered

clinique Happy smells divine on my daughter who is 21
I love how it smells on her , it actually ''stinks '' on me :(
the body chemistry has great bearing on how this ''perfume '' carries sillage on any one
Its either wonderful or a hot mess heh heh

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

My mom has always used this one ever since I can remember haha.. I LOVE the smell because it reminds me of her but I don't wear it myself, maybe when I'm older.

gigiluvx3
gigiluvx3

I absolutely love this! I think it's the perfect summer scent (:

Rachel321
Rachel321

Smells like lysol or some other cleaning disinfectant.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I actually find this scent melancholy, like the girl who goes to a dance in high hopes and ends up walking home alone. Not happy in my book.

NatWeb
NatWeb

Awful, rotten, generic, nauseating - there's nothing 'Happy' about this fragrance. Although they don't dip their toes in the perfume pond that often, Clinique are yet to make a great fragrance (or even a bearable one). They are either an untapped talent or a wasted resource. Happy is the kind of obnoxiously popular fragrance worn by yummy mummy types without so much as a shred of personality, bought simply because they were at the Clinique counter stocking up on their Black Honey lipgloss or other unimaginative purchase dictated to them not by what they like but what they are told they should like. Hell, they probably read the Da Vinci Code, listen to Norah Jones and nominate 'Desperate Housewives' as their guilty pleasure.

Thoroughly, THOROUGHLY revolting and overworn everywhere.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Yuck!! Happy is a horrible, synthetic smelling organey fragrance which for some reason I once very briefly liked before it started to make me feel queasy and I began to detest the smell of it. I agree with the reviewers here who have said it's a very one-dimensional, cheap smelling perfume. The smell never evolves and it smells the same from beginning to end, which would be a good thing with a lovely perfume but not with one like this. It's also one of those perfumes, like Poison, that smell the same on just about everybody so it's very easily distinguishable. I like perfumes which are more unique, sexier, warmer, and which evolve on the skin to adapt to an individual woman's chemistry.

Happy is a perfume that definitely does not make me want to smile - it does make me feel like gagging though!!

elanoriah
elanoriah

Last year I went fragrance shopping and checked happy out. I did not like it at all. Then this Christmas I was looking to buy something for my friend and tried it again. I simply loved it. I bought two bottles for my friend and myself. Now I wear it every day and I simply cannot imagine wearing anything else during the day. I am going to purchase shower gel and lotion too.
Light, citrusy scent that it has is just beautiful

Andi Clark

"Sporty" was the perfect word for it. I'd count it as the female version of Axe.

Andi Clark

In an attempt to understand this scent beyond the initial knee-jerk reaction of "I like the idea but this smells cheap" I have been wearing it/sniffing it for a little over an hour. It is actually a complex scent in the sheer number of notes and the scents motive and superficially light and inoffensive and, despite my initial reaction, I can sense the aspiration of this scent. Having said that, it misses the mark in attaining any semblance of balance. The top-notes are sour. They would benefit from a contrast of gormand to cool down the astringent effect of the first five minutes. On dry down, the scent becomes nauseatingly cloying in an ironic linear mistake of following sickly sour with sickly sweet instead of finding a happy medium in any stage. Migraine-inducing as it dries down and the lasting power is sacrificed to this head-ache cloud of bursting sudden sillage.
I don't hate this scent as I do recognize the intended effect I simply feel that it missed any chance of being what could be called a classic fragrance. Generic is what I would call it. Perfect for everyday wear in situations in which you want to smell fresh but not especially unique or sophisticated. Not necessarily offensive but, upon inspection, lacking.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

If I just say "orange with bitterness" (which I get through the entire time, definitely 8+ hours) it won't sound that special, but it makes me smile. It does make me happy. It's sparkly, like a mimosa, with a bitterness which reminds me of a hint of gin. Now, as a drink it sounds pretty dangerous, but as a perfume it will give you no hangover or DUI citation! All you risk is that everyone knows what you're wearing, since it's pretty popular. I think I can handle it.

pearl007
pearl007

I used to have this full sized bottle before, which was bought during X'mas and its a set with body lotion (free) of Happy too. At first I am "Happy" to have my first clinique perfume product and I love the smell. But over the months, I find the smell change and it turns sour on my skin! I stopped using it thinking perhaps I ve gotten used to the smell and nothing special about it. But the smell get sort of stingy ever since after that. I ve finished the bottle though, by using it as my room freshener. Until today, 2/3 of my body lotion tube is still hiding in my closet.

rinkybabycmh
rinkybabycmh

this scent is okay. on my it was very sweet and in your face. good for summer i think.

lorelore
lorelore

For me, it smells like pure honey. And I don't like honey...

Mochagirl
Mochagirl

I thought it was fantastic... until some people said it has has something in it that smells like paraffin oil (or rock oil). And yes, since then I can detect some light but crude oil scent in this, which reminds me of old cars... I just can't understand what it can be...

Taliera
Taliera

I find this to be a very linear scent - can't say it develops very much. Very citrusy, sweet and acrid at the same time. Not my kind.

tulip09
tulip09

It's been long time time when I wore this perfume. I liked it. It smelled fresh and flowery. It's a good perfume for everyday use.

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

A lot of my guy friends loves this perfume...They said it's alluring and charming and also they say I smell fresh and clean. that's their opinion, in my opinion it's adorable and lively...it keeps me active and energetic and confident...IDK but that's what I feel when I'm wearing this fragrance. I love it! two thumbs up!

7seven7
7seven7

A good perfume. I owned it when I was in my 20s, and it was very "me". As I got older, I prefer more oriental spicy or floral perfumes. I guess your taste in fragrance and other things change through the years.

milena
milena

I had this perfume couple of years ago, bought it on impulse. Not my kind of scent. But I did get compliments how nice I smelled.To my nose its just not me.Not in my wardrobe anymore.

Nicole79
Nicole79

I used to love this years ago when I bough it....but after a while, i don't know but , i couldn't stand it any more...too nauseating, heavy, terrible...i had to give it away....;( never again !

KATHLEEN
KATHLEEN

the perfume and scent i can't give up for life!!! it's been my perfume since i was in 3rd year high school lol and i just love it!!! i always make it a sure that i have a stock of this, a very simple, mild, clean, and preppy scent :) xoxo

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

What in the hell happens to this after sitting on my skin is enough to make me vomit! I have not idea what happens but the scent is beautiful at first then the dry down comes and something happens to the scent on my skin that makes me hate this stuff so bad that I cannot even go near the stuff in a department store. I hope it is just me because in all fairness its a lovely scent.

weegee
weegee

Truly lovely combination of roses, lilies, amber and musk all jazzed up with lighter florals (my nose detects no fruit whatsoever, so masterfully is this juice blended). This fragrance is a walk through a cottage garden and no one floral jumps up to speak for itself; instead, all blend in the best possible way that does, indeed, evoke a feeling of being Happy!

I truly adore catching whiffs of this on others - and yes,it does actually make me smile whenever that happens. Unfortunately, Happy totally disappears on me, as far as my own nose is concerned! The sillage is apparently quite impressive because I continue to get compliments for hours and hours after applying, but I simply cannot detect it on myself. If you like this fragrance, please, please, please wear it out in public and do so often.

If only I could arrange for some ladies I'm around every day to wear this on a regular basis... perhaps if I handed out samples? If you own this lovely fragrance, wear its floral glory and be happy in the knowledge that you're making others happy while you do so.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

A scent of Happiness. everythime i wear this my mood is uplifted. i feel cool, fresh and happy. my all time favourite perfume ever.

borntobepurple
borntobepurple

Its so mild , you hardly think you have anything on .. at first i had hard time understanding the scent.it smelt fresh and fruity .. I thought such a complex scent ... so i dint pick it up .. later i had a friend wearing it .. it smells young, fresh and crisp .... Now i am in love happy clinique a unique fresh scent

Soph
Soph

I quite like this one and would really like it. I think the smell evokes happiness and is a nice fresh smell. I even smelt the men's one and that was quite nice to.

SylvanFox
SylvanFox

I used to sell this one. After the first spray, it vanished on me. It was just so blah, there just wasn't anything to dislike...I couldn't pick up anything! Really weird, it made me the scent equivalent of blind. Really never was enthusiastic about selling it, or any of the Clinique fragrances in general.

ameskay
ameskay

like it but prefer Happy Heart better... it fades away way too quickly and too simple to be proud of...

brbryant
brbryant

You cannot go wrong with Clinique Happy. I started wearing this my senior year (over 10 years ago) and it is STILL my favorite!
It's clean, invigorating, sassy, chic .. it lasts all day long and there's absolutely no powdery or soapy smell (what first attracted me to it)
You can wear it in the morning, the afternoon, or evening ...and get compliments with each wear. This is a classic!

notme
notme

It's really what it claims to be: happy. It's a wonderful blend of fruit and flower that creates a positive, sunny fragrance. It really makes one feel happy, it brings a smile every time I smell it. But it's an orange-induced smell. The scent is almost fizzy in its sparkling happiness.

siskakak
siskakak

It's smell like henna..I really wonder the perfume not attract me before..The smell are more simple and more flowery..Only one word can describe this perfume...It's HAPPY!!!

Gosha
Gosha

I am really puzzled here by so many negative reviews. I have been using Happy for quite a few years and still didn't get tired of it. I love the clean, simple, fresh fruitiness - the "sour" note is what makes it so unique and interesting. (But then again - I love sour and I love bitter, so maybe that's why.). It's uncomplicated and "nice", yet different than many fruity florals, and it seems so innocent - i.e. almost plain (for me in a good way. I can't stand overly complicated, heavy, heady, sharp, supersweet, arrogant fragrances) that I am mystified by so many people being so offended by it). I wouldn't be surprised if people found it plain or boring, but overpowering and overwhelming? :-D

holly13
holly13

I wore this as a teen. I wanted something happy so I bought this perfume. I don't like perfumes with awful names but this was named well. The name really does affect how the perfume will sell well. I am 31 now. I still like Clinique cosmetics and skincare. They are high quality but expenive for the average person.

This is a good summer scent.

rainydays
rainydays

Just like the name... it's a happy, sunny, uplifting fragrance. Not out there, very safe, but it's pleasant. Great for somebody that's just starting to wear perfume. I find that any age group can wear this in any setting. Very versatile. I like the sparkling citrus notes that mix with the sweet florals.

hotaru
hotaru

a happy scent ^^
complex, yet light.
sweet yet not cheap.

i used to wear it... :)

linden tree
linden tree

beautiful and versatile!the smell is changing,during the day ,like no other perfume I know.And when i thought it's lost,it reappears with a fresh clean presence.I love the name too!i like to be happy,happy,happy!

TJerria
TJerria

There's something about the smell of plum in a fragrance that lifts it to the ultimate high. Clinique Happy includes this note along with many others to truly enrapture the "happy" feeling. To call it a wonderful fragrance would be an understatement. It's so above and beyond...:)

SophieIowa
SophieIowa

This is a nice fragrance, but I don't like how Clinique touts this as the one and only fragrance for anyone, ever. Every gift with purchase has a sample of this thrown in, there's so many magazine ads around Christmastime for this, and they push it SO HARD at the counter. It realy undermines the individuality of a perfume to try to have EVERYONE wearing it.
Anyway, I had a friend or two that wore this. It smells pretty generic, just ''pretty, modern woman'' perfume. Not a lot of sweetness, even though there's orange in there. It's very citrusy and bright, almost sporty, but not quite.

abigailmarie
abigailmarie

I like Happy. I first got a sample of it in the 90s and used it all but never bought it again until last year. I was looking for something "wearable" during summer months. I like it but I got tired of it after wearing it for 3 months straight. Smells clean and uplifting but it kind of got on my nerves after a while. I gave it to a friend to enjoy.

falovalo
falovalo

Another 90's classic. There were several of these citrus, fresh fragrances in the mid to late 90's. I always associate this with CKOne, Tommy Girl and Lucky You, as they all have that citrus smell to them. It's nice I guess, but hardly original or worth the price.

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

one of my very first perfumes!
very fresh and clean.
i would wear it either in the summer or spring. The citrus is very uplifting and i can understand why they call it Clinique Happy! It is very simple and safe smell, you can't go wrong! x

TashaRose
TashaRose

My best friend used to wear this all the time, and I found myself overwhelmed by it. It's hard to describe the reaction I have to it, but it also smells like rubber and a potent citrus cleaning agent. It always made me dizzy and slightly nauseous. Granted, I'm not usually a big fan of orange or grapefruit notes to begin with, but this one is especially bad in my opinion.

About a year ago I decided that maybe it had been her body chemistry with the perfume, and I spritzed a bit of it on myself during a trip to the mall. I literally had to cut the trip early and go home to shower because it was giving me a wicked headache. I've never smelled this scent on someone and liked it, and I absolutely hate it on myself. It just ends up smelling bitter and plasticy to me.

gucci
gucci

Not bad super feminine fragracne. It kinda strong but the dry down is awesome i like the plum, rose and freesia really noticeable.

sky76sky
sky76sky

A warm, pleasant citrus scent, heavy on the orange, that does what it says on the tin....but,I really would rather wear E.A.s Sunflowers - on my skin it gives the same zesty orange lift with a touch more sugar & punch & without that odd sour, balloon-smell.

I received a little bottle of clinique happy about 6 years ago for my birthday from an intimate friend.
the bottle is finished now,so I'm writing this review from my memory.
I wasn't so obsessed about perfumes at that time.but I liked it.to me it was a bit like tommy girl.the only difference was that I liked the recent one more.
it was very fruity and fresh.my friend,herself used to wear it and sometimes we matched our happy clinique together.in fact we had passed a good time.
now the bottle is finished and I haven't seen my friend for years.I won't buy it again,but I can say that it's a nice perfume.

Tala
Tala

I like it but I am not crazy for it. I can wear it maybe for 5 days then it becomes too much and I have to switch. If you want a sexy clean lingering scent there is nothing like it. If you like to leave a trail believe me this is the best you can leave behind. For me it is just a tad too sour. But I love my bottle and I like to pick the cap once in a while and give it a sniff. It really wakes you up.

I tried Happy for the very first time in a large department store whilst on holiday in Melbourne. I instantly loved it and quickly added Happy to my perfume wishlist. I was shocked when I heard how many negative reviews this perfume had been given and I found it extremely hard to understand why... until today. I entered that same department store, (except in a different location), where they had a Happy tester bottle waiting to be sprayed. I tried it, and was utterly shocked! I now know what people meant when they said that Happy smelt like burnt rubber and licorice.

Happy does not have a very long shelf life. It has been known to go off in as little as 8 months. Many tester bottles are kept out in the open, exposed to light and heat which will naturally see them deteriorate faster.

My advice to you, is if you have had similar unpleasant experiences, I suggest you buy from a trusted dealer, especially a place that sells Happy at such a rate that they have to renew their stock every 6 months.

Russian
Russian

I agree with some of you from here,I never understood the popularity of this fragrance,I think there are lots of made this way.
It is pleasant,I won't deny it,but nothing special and a lot of people have it.
I wouldn't like to smell like 5-10 girls around me.

alicektn
alicektn

Pleasant perfume, didn't turn sour on my skin, it remained citrusy and flowery. Nothing really remarkable but quite nice for every day.Wouldn't mind wearing it more often!

marie08
marie08

I used to wear this but tired of it quickly. It's a little too casual and citrusy but works as an everyday fragrance.

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

Such great reviews on other sites, I had to finally try it even though it has been around for years. I though I would love the orange smell, but didn't really get that at all. Nothing special...didn't really make me happy!

pussycat doll
pussycat doll

I love this perfume , but unfortunately after so many years of wearing it , I can't smell it anymore !!! :(

vtothek
vtothek

Fresh - that's the best I can say about it. It's almost bitter when you smell it. It has a way of overtaking you too. People are saying it's uninvasive? Quite the contrary; on everyone I've smelt this it's been horrendous. Perhaps others are picking up notes I cannot? Anyway, it's very sour.

artgoddess
artgoddess

This scent smells like a cheap "drugstore perfume." Perhaps it is just my body chemistry. It is very sharp and hurts my nonse and give me a headache.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

I tried this one today after many years. I never really wore Happy as in the area where I live you could smell Happy on nearly any woman you would encounter at any given time. Now that I don't smell it quite as often, I got it out again to see how I felt about it now. I have come to the conclusion that I just don't care for it. It's not 'me'...It is a very fresh scent and I can fully understand why it was popular because it is clean. But on my skin, it is sharp and intrusive. It doesn't seem to sink into my skin, if that makes sense. Rather, it just sits on top of it, smelling the same after it has been on my skin for a few hours as it did when I first sprayed it.

No need to describe the scent of this perfume in this review as I think it is clear what this perfume is about. For me, today Happy goes back on the shelf again probably to be taken out sometime in the future just to remind myself why I never wear it.

Kimmykimberly
Kimmykimberly

Not bad to me...but not special aswell. Just smells fresh.

brickbird
brickbird

I love this perfume. It makes me breath, filling my lungs with fresh air. It gives a sense of purity, innocence and cleanness. It is bright, optimistic, like blue sky, like sea breeze, like horizons. I had it for a long time, and I am going to buy it again because I miss it very much.

...it has excellent staying power

Wundt
Wundt

First time I tasted I felt it clean and fresh but passing the hours, on my skin it smelled a beat as... ¿wine?

caro23
caro23

I wonder if is just my mind..or it is really similar to 360º red de Perry Ellys?????

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

An oldie but a goodie. Always smells fresh. Love the citrus. Hate the cheesy name, though:)

Helene
Helene

Fresh and really brings happiness!
Especially good for the period of spring depression! )

K_Virtue
K_Virtue

I got it from a relative. Putting it on, I realized that the scent is very overpowering in a bad way. Then 4 me personally, it began 2 burn my skin literally so I had 2 stop using it immediately. Something I definiately wouldn't try again...

kurisu
kurisu

I buy this one at Duty free in package with Happy heart.I love happy heart more.
Happy is also nice but didn't give
any impression.Just nice and easy to use.
Good point is,it's long lasting.
But after 1 year...I feel that the scent in bottle has change.(also the color)
So,my first assumption is,after you bought it,don't leave the bottle too long.
The scent may change and you'll hate it.

solocha
solocha

It smells something between fresh grass and freshly peeled satsuma. Good for summer days.

s4101368
s4101368

Very citrusy, perfect for spring and summer. It's a strong scent so a little spritz is enough, else it could be headache-inducing especially on very hot days. It sometimes smells a bit sour but that could be due to the fact that I've had my bottle for years now. Quite a youthful scent.

azuriiita
azuriiita

the first smell is not bad at all... maybe i can say it's cool, with nice notes of orange... but nothing more. After a while this smell cheap and "soso" (in spanish). Nothing special about this fragrance.

Moszatka
Moszatka

It's like a cheap soap. I can't imagine this fragrance on me.

kori_an
kori_an

It's perfect for the spring/summer wearing...refreshing...easy to wear...like it!

bugsy_b
bugsy_b

Ok, it does made me happy with the scent.
But, just like i said in the Clinique Happy Heart's review, this perfume smelled cheap.
It's an expensive designer perfume, but how come that it smelled so light like a cheap factory cologne?

Luciana
Luciana

me compre esta fragancia por ser fresca, pero mas que nada porque son hipoalergenicas, sino no la hubiese elegido nunca

jbello
jbello

Yes, everyone loves Happy. If you buy it, you will love it. Unfortunately, Clinque turns this stuff out like a factory and if you have ever received a bottle of old Happy, then you will be put off it for life. My father purchased the large bottle for my birthday. Not sure where he got it, but...
a fragrance should not be in a hot, over lit cosmetic cases for more than 2 years. Never purchase a scent that is not wrapped in the original plastic, in a box.

lolo
lolo

i love it ..... this is really very nice one ..i use it for every day ...fresh for summer and warm for winter........

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

Not a fan...too strong and sour smelling...

Allegra
Allegra

I wear this everytime I need a little boost. It is very refreshing, joyful and invigorating and never fails to lift my spirit. Love it :)

jmp
jmp

This perfume was great when I was pregnant and couldn't stomach my usuals, which were too strong at the time. I found the lotion smells WAY better on than the spray. The ladies at my office agree. I always get lots of compliments. Not my usual scent, but ggod for a change and for hot summer.

Marianne
Marianne

The only positive thing about it is that it is extremely longlasting. But the scent is awful...

sylvie.hu
sylvie.hu

it's the same with me, plastic and rubber, disgusting, i couldn't wash it off, i had to smell it for 1 whole day. awful, belivie me

supanaree
supanaree

I love it

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

It smelled like cheap vinyl plastic on me :( I basically got the same smell that user jr described... burnt rubber or balloon. It certainly didn't make me happy. I'm still wearing it; unfortunately, the lasting power is long... I have to take a shower on this one. I don't know how it works on other people's chemistry, but this is awful and I can't imagine enjoying Happy's smell on other women. It's pretty underwhelming, anyway.

jr
jr

I used to wear Happy years ago and was out shopping for Valentines Day 2008 for myself. Got frustated with what's on the market and turned to old faithful Happy. Spent $55.00 altogether with the tax. Sprayed it on at home and it smelled like burnt rubber or a balloon. I tried to layer it and salvage it and finally threw it in the trash as I bought it from a store that did not allow returns. Upon researching the web, I am not alone in this experience. I don't know if my chemistry changed or Clinique changed it formula, but this can happen with Happy. Head's up.

joylim7109
joylim7109

lol i could have been happier wearing other fragrances.
safe and casual smell, but not impressive enough. i would prefer to have the refreshing feel everytime i wear it haha

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

I could not understand why this was such a popular fragrance awhile back. It's not original. It's certainly safe, so it won't be disappointing, but far from impressive. I can't quite remember anything particular about it, except that it was about as original as all the preppy Abercrombie-wearing clones that had it in high school. Oh, wait. That's precisely the group of girls that wore it.

elgab89
elgab89

I bought one bottle for my sister, in a rather sad period of her life - I liked the name and hoped it would give her a boost. It actually worked. Lots of citrus scents in there to lift your spirit. Although I would not wear it in the winter.

2007

Clinique Happy by Clinique 3.30 out of 5 based on 2178 ratings and 344 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clinique Clinique Happy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Clinique Clinique Happy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Clinique Happy by Clinique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Clinique Happy by Clinique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.