Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Clinique Happy Clinique for men
dislike

I have it: 707 I had it: 517 I want it: 323 My signature: 24

marine
Clinique Happy Clinique for men Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for men Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for men Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for men Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for men Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for men Pictures Clinique Happy Clinique for men Pictures

Clinique Happy by Clinique is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Clinique Happy was launched in 1999. Top notes are lime, green notes, mandarin orange, lemon and sea notes; middle notes are freesia, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are cypress, musk, guaiac wood and cedar.

Lime Green Notes Mandarin Orange Lemon Sea Notes

Freesia Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Cypress Musk Guaiac Wood Cedar

Clinique Happy Fragrance Reviews

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

its opens with a burst of orange/mandarin and slowly blends into a salty, aquatic fresh note that then dries down into a light flowery woodsy scent, retaining its salty citrus edge through out, Fades away very fast. 2 sprays fade away within an hour. I havent sprayed myself more than that. An everyday type of fragrance that goes great for going to the gym, after the gym, day time, out and about type of fragrance. Suitable for summer or winter as i live in california and its usually between 60 and 80 degrees year around.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

basic cologne smell with short longevity. .i also find it somewhat unisex as it dries..its fresh the opening smells like tangerine and I can smell some floral notes in the background..its ok...was underwhelmed it reminds me of Axe or drug store cologne..i will have to re-test again

Waekkae
Waekkae

very long lasting scent. I can feel like I'm on the beach when I spray it on my skin. Really love this!!!

pier39lab
pier39lab

I'm a fan of aquatic fragrances and Clinique happy hits the olifactory system and that makes me happy! I can't think of another perfume that this one smells like, probably like chrome sport or blue seduction?? (Not like coolwater, Aqua di Gio or Issey Miyake)
It's a really cool absolute summer fragrance that smells like cool Orange creamsicle when it opens. The ocean notes are evident more when you whiff it off from a wearer passing by.
The greens are there but only subtle, what I also do smell with the mandarin orange is lime that seems to stand out effortlessly.
The base notes when it's a skin scent, are a tiny bit flowery (lilly of the valley) yet NOT feminine at all (some of the reviewers say so), because the mandarin orange and lemon lime still linger somewhere in the background.
Clinique did an outstanding forumation, nice, clean and crisp summer fragrance that I like to smell all day long but the only downside is that it doesn't last too long, repeated sprays are necessary on high humid days.
Surprisingly, the deodorant spray has better longevity (in my opinion), I went ahead bought the deodorant for less than half the price, wore it to the beach and I'm HAPPY!

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

smells good... citrus... smells a bit like of a hospital's ER to me... not offensive...somehow i get confused with this and acqua di gio and somehow slightly reminds me of charlie jovan but much lighter and sparkly... dunno... good scent but not something that will excite me to purchase... not in my top picks...

Jassar
Jassar

What could have been a decent orange fragrance is ruined by the horrible generic trash aquatic, metallic note.

Scrubability = high

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Fresh, watery, citrussy and well... Happy!! This is clinique happy for men! I know it's linear, subtle and somewhat weak... But do you really want to smell like a walking perfume bottle all the time? I don't!

Clinique happy is perfect for summer's playfulness, for an easy going day out. A picnic, A day on the beach or just at home, this is the scent for these places! Heck it is the smell you want to wear when you're happy!

I just wish it stays longer but that's a minor setback as it's staying power is good... Unlike other summer watery fragrances! 4 hours or more if you're lucky!

All in all a good scent 7.5/10

sunnysniffs
sunnysniffs

Very simple yet elegant fragrance..
Gives you sheer pleasure of citrus freshness n still not overpowering.. Orangey n lemony.. No complaints regarding longevity.. Stayed for 10 hrs.. Loved for its freshness n natural fragrance.. Worth a space on ur shelf.. :)

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

It just makes your day brighter. the fresh combination of citrus notes with a splash of orange is great.

happyscent
happyscent

Clinique Happy for men - from the color its orange, and clean, freshly showered scent; what more can I say fleeting but definitely makes me smile and happy when I wear this; suits my personality very well

theejohnwaller
theejohnwaller

Smells great, but didnt last long on my skin (about 30 mins - 1 hour) so I gave it away.

GRAF
GRAF

Fresh gorgeous scent, perfect in summer, with horrible longevity ( stays in my skin about 2-3 hours maximum ) and weak sillage . It's a pitty being a perfect scent without the longevity and sillage.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

Fresh and relaxing, perfect for steamy days. Unless you overspray, it won't offend anyone. Does not smell like perfume, more like a nice deoderant. Lasts for about 20 minutes

usas
usas

Want an ultra fresh, citrus based fragrance? Try Clinique Happy for men.
It isn't so much lemony, I rather smell oranges and mandarine.
Use it only when you are in theright mood: energetic and enthusiastic. Otherwise the perfume you're wearing will be more energetic than you are, which can be tiresome.

7,5/10

unmonotiti
unmonotiti

Tangerine, tangerine, tangerine! Very citrusy smell, with a hint of sea breeze. I used to wear this back in junior high. My boyfriend now wears it. It's not very long lasting though, you may have to reapply.

dda
dda

A beautiful simple citrus fragrance. Its not too overwhelming, and not in your face either. All in all great day scent, just remember to double-apply

kakamelia
kakamelia

I've bought this to my father cca 3 years ago, but unluckily he has some alergy of it. He has quite sensitive skin and I was expecting from Clinique different quality. But the smell is very nice - hapiness in bottle :)

rajeev
rajeev

not a patch on HAPPY for women.
bought mine hoping the male version would be as amazing.
was utterly disappointed. missed the clean, crisp n a distinct fragrance, the female version has.
just another marine, aquatic me too.

kenney77
kenney77

The best citrus fragrance on the market looove it

Redbeard
Redbeard

This is largely an orange aquatic, Acqua di Gio meets Varvatos Artisan (?). I like it to some extent, and before I even spray, sniffing inside the cap is tantalizing; initially the scent is better than the sum of its parts. The top is a fizzy and metallic citrus, like someone took the plodding base of Azzaro Chrome and reinvigorated it. Apple also plays a role here, which later will lead to problems for me. Like Acqua di Gio, the middle holds a surprising amount of jasmine or similar florals, which add complexity to the aquatic portion even as the tiresome apple begins to ruin the fruit portion. During the mid-notes, unfortunately, the citrus, fizz, florals and aqua all start to recede, overshadowed by the synthetic fruitiness you'd find any low-end sweetened "fresh" scent. By the time the base arrives, it no longer accomplishes either the aquatic or the orange objective as well as other fragrances; it has become less than the sum of its parts. The apple has stubbornly remained almost as artificial and dull as in Greenergy, Adidas Moves, Chrome, or Eternity, with the usual fake leather note as accompaniment. Too bad.

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

A nice citrus cologne for hot weather. I can definitely smell the orange top note.
I could smell sweet citrus scent which I really love and so does my wife.
She loves this from my collection along with Acqua di Gio.
Everytime I would ask her which cologne to wear from my collection, she only got two answers, Clinique Happy or Acqua di Gio.
The major problem with this one is the longevity of this cologne.
After just 3 hour on my skin, I could barely smell it.
I always bring a 3ml atomizer for all of my colognes.
I would give this a higher rating if they would reformulate this to make the scent last longer.

Edit:
Of all my 50+ colognes this one has the worst longevity.
I never spray on my shirt, but this one is an exception, I even bring a small atomizer. I'm just doing everything just to get better longevity from Clinique Happy. It's a great smelling cologne but they have to reformulate to get a better longevity.

My overall rating 7/10

roll4fun
roll4fun

Initial test spray on wrist was a pleasant citrus aroma that was very close to skin. Two hours later, I couldn't detect any odor.
I like citrus notes as much as several fragrantica members, and don't really feel the need to blast a foghorn scent too often.

However, if this is all the projection and duration that I'd be getting from this product, I'd just as soon save some $$ and just pour a small glass of orange juice and lemonade mixture on me every 2 hours.

majid9001
majid9001

Scent is ok but no longevity at all. After 6 spray it may last half an hour!

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

HAPPY for men by Clinique.

Yes, just like the name 'HAPPY', wearing this fragrance does make me feel happy and revitalized. The mandarin orange with that lime, lemon and sea notes mix well with the green notes. It's a fragrance that does not have great longevity, but should give you around 3-5 good hours. Clinique's Happy for men is a great summer fragrance for day time wearing. Happy for men by Clinique should get you, and those around you feeling "HAPPY".

Never has a cologne had such an apt name.
I personally love this scent...it's oranges/mandarins ...who doesn't like that?

Well actually I do understand why there's so many scathing reviews it's not for everyone I suppose but it's very fresh and I've used it very 'Happily' for years now.
Granted it is pretty weak and all but disappears pretty quick but hey some people like that kind of subtlety sometimes....I know I do.

mycologne2013
mycologne2013

I beg you,please please don't buy this cologne. Its total west of money. I went to Americana in Glendale on 7/25/2013 and was surprised when i smelled "Clinique Happy" at the Sephora store there. Its smell so good that i even missread the price by 105+ and went to buy it anyways. But i was shooked and thought that the sales person made mistake by charging me 55+ for it.

Anyway- I wasn't happy after i came back home. It doesn't matter how much i spary it on me- it doesn't stay more then 15-30 minutes. I've never experience any cologne like this one. I have 22 other designers name brand cologne but this one is total rubbish. Clinique Happy on my list all the way down. In my openion,"Clinique" doing fraud just by putting this cologne in the store.

I've found my worst cologne ever.

Shame on you "Clinique".

jmcs1984
jmcs1984

I tasted it few weeks ago... and it was dissapointing to me. In Spain, most of bin bags smells like this =D

WRS67
WRS67

My sister has been using the women's version for years, and I can see why.

Refreshing. Crisp. Clean. Citrus. Happy!

Happy is as close to bottled sunshine as you can get.

grdowntown2020

This used to be my favorite scent, but I guess my taste has changed. When I smell it now, the word "rancid" comes to mind. It's like I had a bunch of rotten oranges and make burned then. Maybe my bottle has just gone bad.

ritsjoey
ritsjoey

Lovely citruses, the jasmine & the lily of the valley comes through brilliantly. Good, fresh fragrance for everyday wear.

Terrible longevity; below average sillage BUT this makes me happy!

'Nuff said!

Overall: 4.2

5 Nose-gasm
4 Awsome sauce!
3 Good but not exciting enough
2 Meh!
1 Hell to the no!

areyouin729
areyouin729

the name of this cologne is PERFECT; I have been wearing it since 2001 and it just makes you smile. I can't even explain how well liked this is by the masses; I find myself just spraying around the house so I can smell it. This is probably my all time favorite regardless of price and it holds a lot of sentimental value to me.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Count me as another victim falling for Happy's incredibly charming and smooth scent. It's no surprise Happy is my first fragrance purchase ever from Sephora. "Ohhhh, we love that one so will you," exclaim the cute girls working the register. How right they are! Captivating and almost impossible to resist, Happy's frosty citrus opening blends seamlessly with ocean notes, crisp florals and subtle blonde wood; it shines on those impossibly hot summer days when you're out playing under the bright sun or lounging at the beach. And ladies, just add 'wo' before the 'men' in 'for men' and it's all yours because you'll love this one too! Buy it, love it, be happy.

Score 6.5/10 with potential for a higher score if projection, sillage and longevity get a makeover!

dmirror
dmirror

This smells like something my girl would wear like a Victoria secret scent it's peachy and fruity it's not for regular guys even my girl said she thought this was for women I smelled this at carsons (bon ton) it's too feminine for men

vitilsky
vitilsky

very simple fragrance, not bad.

grdowntown2020

I love this scent. Clinique Happy for Men is one fragrance that you can wear without stinking up the whole place. You smell good without acting as a self-appointed fragrance bomb. If someone smells it on you, it is because that person is near you. I know this is a downside for most people, but I like that. I wear cologne because I want to smell good for ME and the person naked in my bed. I want to put it on my hand and raise it up to my nose and think "Damn, I smell GOOD." And if someone is close enough to be in my face, then I want to smell good so that they remember I smelled good without being overpowering. Understated. Subtle. Less is More. That's Clinique for Men.

If you can't get 8 hours out of the smell then simply spray again. To paraphrase Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias: "I would rather have thirty minutes of Clinique Happy for Men than a lifetime of something stinky."

samim69
samim69

I bought it as a blind shop but i didnt liked it really , it reminds me of van gils basic instinct.

pacho_r
pacho_r

I put it on me today for the first time and immediately one girl say to me "Good night" WOW - this scent is AMAZING really

McG1993
McG1993

A delightfull blend of various citruses that make you want to smile every time you smell it =)

Love it!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A happy scent! Citrus! Putting it on I had the distinct feeling that, like other citrus scents I've tried, it wouldn't last long, and I was right. Longevity is an issue.

This is okay. My take on it is that it's good for young men - very young men - and maybe as a summer scent for hot tee-shirt days.

It lasts longer than does Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte, I'll give it that...

rootbeerlord
rootbeerlord

Smells really good but I can't give it the highest rating due to the longevity and price. They should make it an edt or edp. Worth it if you have money to spend.

Amsha13
Amsha13

Just tried it, lasts 3-4 hours on my skin.
A nice classical fresh scent that remind me of grandpa's era :D
Bad thing is bitter orange scent fades very fast & jasmine are too strong for a masculine fragrance.

The price is reasonable. You can smell, even sniff it over & over again!
I fancy the bottle design & want it on my table.

I really like this perfume anyway & in my opinion Happy is a great, fresh, hopeful, riant scent that makes you smile in warm or hot days of the year :)

Scrash Luisao
Scrash Luisao

Wooow what can I tell you about this fragrance!! just happy, citrus, fresh, energizer!! smell mmmmmm!! every woman I meet tells me goods about this!!

RickPinto
RickPinto

I actually own this fragrance and it is like everyone here says...
Happy, fresh and the top note is citrus.
It's longevity is not a virtue, but it stands out, specially in the summer for at least 2 hours.
I enjoy it a lot.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

Happy for men and women. I'm a woman, I love cedar and though I don't own too many citrus frags I enjoy this one quite a lot. Maybe because it isn't too sweet being sweet enough. I love the fresh cool flower stage and though is not very long lasting, it has a nice the light woody drydown.

Great for summer evening walks or having some drinks on a terrace when you are still in the city looking forward to your seaside holidays.

Much better than the female version of which I only prefer the bottle design, this one, as much as I like its orange colour, seems to be done for bigger hands than mine, I find it uncomfortable to handle.

sky hype
sky hype

a stunner. ... 10/10. Don't cry for the longetivity with these kind of notes.. :) I wasn't even dreaming of finding a cheaper analogue of Humiecki & Graef 'Eau Radieuse'. And this is it.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

Clinique Happy Men is a subtly sweet citrus fragrance.
Speaking of 'citrus' this doesn't have the zesty vibe, or the scent of sharp, tangy and bitter citrus peel, instead it is more focus on the aroma of the lushes flesh of mandarin and other citrus notes listed in the perfume pyramid. The citrus accord alone, gives you a fresh, clean, and 'sweet' airy smell. It's like having a warm lime-honey drinks with ginger and drops of rosewater. Its freshness is heightened by the notes of sea-breeze, and the faint spicy-camphorous of cypress.

With the absence of sharp, tangy and zesty vibe of the citruses, this indeed suits its name, Happy. This is more to uplifting your mood, rather than to 'energize' your physique. Quite 'therapeutic' in a way, and this is one of many fragrances that I enjoy wearing everyday. Silage and longevity is moderate.

If you are more to a fragrance that shouts, screams and demands for immediate attention, this is definitely not for you, but still this is worth a try, and be part in your collection. Cheers.

Hoxx
Hoxx

It's rare to find a fragrance that is totally described by its name, if it doesn't have an ingredient as a part of the label. This one is just like it's written on its box and bottle - happy.

A summer classic, this scent is the least sour citrus I've had the opportunity to try. You got a lovely mandarin note, somehow watered down with the gentle sea accord. Yet it's sweetish, in way of a hard fruit candy, but not as overwhelmingly sweet. Later you get a subtle woody drydown dominated by a smooth cedarwood note, but the top notes are what lasts the longest and what you, actually, pay for.

While this fragrance is fresh and clean, it has a specific undertone that differs it from the other similar stuff. It is an energetic, uplifting, happiness-in-a-bottle type of fragrance.

There is only one weakness it has, but it is groundbreaking and makes you wonder whether to buy it or not - it lasts less than even a regular summer scent, an hour tops, which is a shame, and it can make you spend the entire bottle before you even thought about it.

I'd give the scent itself a 9/10, since it's everything you can look for in a warm weather perfume. The perfume, the liquid, can't have more than 7/10, because it seriously lacks longevity.

benpaul12
benpaul12

Does just as its name suggests. Makes you and the people around you happy.

It's clean, fresh and warming too. But while it's fresh, it isn't too sharp its mandarin orange softens the top a touch.

Lovely yet short, like many summer EDTs for men - which is always disappointing.

b360
b360

warm weather scent thats very sweet and fruity....wear this if yer rockin shorts and a polo shirt....yummy citrus n melon i detect.....very similar to metel jeans by versace but not as much composed and cheaper n easier to come across.....at its longest this aroma lasts only a couple hours then fades...even if youve doused yerself in it....6/10

merezvan
merezvan

شاید 10 سال قبل بود که خریدمش در بارش باید بگم که پخش بو تقریبا صفرو ماندگاری زیر صفر حتی وقتی به خودت میزنی بوشو نمیفهمی چه برسه به بقیه خیلی بوی مصنوعی داره اما ملایم و اصلا اذیت نمیکنه اصلا حسش نمیکنی اخه.چی بگم والا گزینه های بهتری هم هست.
اما زنونش خدایش شش شاهکاره اون خیلی شیرین و گرم

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is daytime casual scent for Summer & is suitable with wearing T shirt. This cologne reminds me Orange Citrus.

Happy, happy, happy!
My dear Clinique, My dear Happy for Men, I can't live without you!
Every month I buy one of this amazing fragrance.
Pls, do not stop this beauty! You make happy a lot of people!
I use this arome more than 10 years! You are No 1!
Thank you!

itachi
itachi

this smells really really nice, but fades away after 3 minutes. pity

i have it for 12 years now, it is for me the no. 1

Mr.Lazuardi
Mr.Lazuardi

first time i sniffed it.it smells like soap for me,lol
it's clean and fresh,but the longevity is lame,too fast to fade away

Lisztener
Lisztener

Happy,

I've admired your beauty for many years. There are times when we each share the need and pleasure of a few moments together. We choose our time when mutually desired. You continue to haunt me with your alluring mysteries.... beautiful and elusive as ever, yet you fill my soul with a smile as I become lost in your close and gentle caress. I call and you magically appear with your calming yet uplifting essence. You are wonderful, dear friend. You have never failed to make me happy before you leave. It is reassuring to know that you are ever within reach. I shall return for you when once again we need our mutual promise of renewal while wrapped in a warm embrace. Your breath is fresh as stirring dawn and you brighten my day in a most elegant way. Forget me not, I shall forever remember you.

A sweet kiss of spring in the midst of a sometimes bleak winter.

So lovely...

Sharks2431
Sharks2431

Very fresh and simply the best Clinique product!
Reminds me of warm sunnie summer and for sure makes me happy and positive!

My score is 8 out of 10. Unfortumatelly cannot give it 10 as longevity is not great.

3gecos
3gecos

The best name for this great perfume!Makes everyone around you happy not only you!All the watery citrus gives a very nice cooling sensation in the hot summer days and makes you irradiates olfactory pleasure for around 3 hours,in this period the compliments keep coming,but after that...disaster strikes!I've never worn a perfume more volatile than this,where is the previous citrus chill and all the refreshing air gone?!I really must see a real discount on the price for purchasing a second bottle or an edp version!Sorry Clinique!

sagranha

i got my second bottle today my wofe gave me as gift ...just love it. don hesitate buy it

sagranha

the best still i could not find better than this.the best start the best dry down. beautiful on skin so close and gentel happy n kind.. what better than this?

guillermostf

Somewhere i read this has a "ostra" note, i find this scent very unique, shoot me to a beach, sand, water and sun. Citric but well constructed. Fresh air on your skin, doesn't long too much on my skin, but i really like it. 4/5 stars. Nice bottle color.

Deefit
Deefit

I like this smell, I really do! The scent perfectly fits the name, Happy. It's not overly sweet or fresh, it is just right. The only thing though is that it reminds me of detergent. Probably because they get detergents to smell too good nowadays.

alexander.nahorodny
alexander.nahorodny

Extremely distinct scent, hard to forget. I loved it alot, but the longevity was disappointing.

mrlee7
mrlee7

I have owned this fragrance for two years. I use it on and off.

This is the most citrus sent I have encountered. This sent also has elements fo Aqua in it, but the emphasis is citrus for sure. This is a pleasant fragrance, and I really liked it.

This fragrance is lively and fresh, and when I would go out with a group of people I often reached for this. It really is an fresh upbeat fragrance. This is what it was designed to protray.

I normally get at least 4 hours of it on my neck with 3-4 sprays.

I can see myself coming back to this one in the future.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Simple pleasure.
It does what it says, and despite a really lack of longevity, I love to use it on hot days when a just want a hint of freshness after a shower.
The good side is that it's never overpowering, even if you've just sprayed it on you.
Not a revolution, but a nice one for the moments when all my orientals are too strong.

Nice smelling, that's all.

Longevity : very weak
Sillage : moderate

My boyfriend usually has excellent taste when it comes to choosing his own fragrance, however he often commits the ultimate crime by applying thick orientals with a heavy hand during Summer. Seeing that we're planning a lot of beach getaways this year, I thought it would be a good idea to buy him something fresh and crisp. Something that will hopefully steer him away from those cloying scents he so loves.

Happy for Men is a citrus masculine that I could never tire of smelling on a man. I do hope that my boyfriend will enjoy it as much as I do. It's a definite mood-booster.

What's so great about Happy for Men is the sweet and pulpy blend of lime, mandarin orange and lemon. It is a very natural, true-to-life citrus scent, which can be both energizing and delicious on the skin. I find it far more pleasing than Happy for Women, which has a similar citrusy feel.

Although I am considering this fragrance as a gift for my boyfriend, I must say that it is quite unisex. I think it would smell just as pleasing on a woman's skin.

At times, Happy for Men reminds me of the scent of fruity cocktails. It has a slight party vibe, which makes it far more than just a casual scent. I also happen to find it quite versatile and oddly sexy.

I don't doubt that Happy for Men is an incredibly popular fragrance, however I can't say that I smell it very often. To be fair, this fragrance is always kept behind the Clinique counters, so many young men in my area might not be aware that Clinique also makes fragrances for men. They probably don't realise that it's inexpensive too.

I have my fingers crossed behind my back hoping that my boyfriend will wear a lot of Happy for Men this Summer. I can't see how anyone could dislike it.

syazni
syazni

this is what the healthcare staff should wear..doctors, nurses, the moment you come to your patient, half of their pain may reduced.. great uplifting, fit the name perfectly..happy!

Magman1978
Magman1978

Fant(a)stic! It's a great go-to scent if you're unsure of what you should wear in the morning, all year. Longevity is...none, basically, but since it's so citrus-y, it's fairly easy to reproduce. So I ordered a bottle of "smells like"-body fragrance oil online, and BOOM! There you go. An oil version of this will last close to 20 hours, since oil don't evaporate. Just a tip for you orange-loving noses out there.

celadoster
celadoster

Sou suspeito pra falar desse perfume pq o uso há mais de 10 anos e nunca o troquei, por mais que experimente outros.
Talvez receba muitas criticas por ser muito simples a não deixar rastro ou não chamar tanto a atenção, mas o verdadeiro segredo da beleza desse perfume é justamente esse... Ser discreto e só ser percebido pelas pessoas que vc quer percebam, como a gatinha da balada por exemplo.
Sua formula é simples e sutil, mas maravilhosa.
Pra quem curte perfume cítrico vai amar. Não tem combinação com nenhuma base musk ou vetiver que colocaram ali em cima... Se tiver, é algo bem sutil, talvez para deixa lo um pouco mais masculino, mas imperceptível. Posso dizer que é totalmente cítrico, fresco, um toque doce e tem cheiro de bergamota com melancia.

dearchetan
dearchetan

Awesome smell, makes you truly happy.The lasting sucks big time - 2 hrs max.

Ali76
Ali76

Such an amazing and up-lifting smell for few minutes but oh boy, what a great few minutes those are. I have no idea why Clinique guys are not listening to the cries of people and not doing anything about its longevity.

watanyu
watanyu

I tried a lot, this one falls into the "not aggressive" amd "clean" cathegory I guess

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

My love! Only for males? ... no, no and once again NO! It's for me :)
It lightly smells on mandarinas and oranges (not as strong as "Friends" Moschino for example) with BURST of FROSTY (NOT SEA!) FRESHNESS. "Happy" reminds me on these really frosty Winter days when I go to my balcony to hang just washed in fabric conditioner-softener clothing. Frosty freshness of the Winter day is sooo clean and real in this perfume, and warm citrus notes truly smell on my favourite fragrant fabric conditioner. Some of you who don't like this kind of smell might think that this mix sounds daily boring and probably even cheap, BUT some simple things like for example soft, just washed fresh clothing may smell sometimes much more cosy and pleasant than thousands of suffocating perfumes.
P.S. Not long lasting at all, because of the fresh notes.
Absolutely unmistakable perfume choice for the gift! I have already managed to buy some Happy bottles to my daddy and his best friend, to my boyfriend, to my friend from another country who totally hates all perfumes but fell in love with this one...soon I'm going to get a Happy bottle just for myself.

lister
lister

A 100% success from clinique.Nice bottle,fresh-crisp citrus note with a hint wood notes,light and energizing,youth in an orange bottle,once it's on your skin,you want to be on the top of the mountain,race the car along the beach and conquer the worl and millions of hearts...
Notes:Kaffir Lime, Kalamanzi Fruit, Mandarin, Green Notes, Cedar, Mediterranean Cypress, Guiacwood.

peyman.forouhar1360
peyman.forouhar1360

اين يه شاهكار هنري هست از نظر من. من٢٨سال دارم و تقريبأ هر رو از اين عطر واسه محل كار استفاده ميكنم. يه حس شادابي و جوانى رو به ادم القا ميكنه. كمتر پيش اومده من اينرو استفاده نكنم و كسى نپرسه اقا عطرت چيه؟بويژه خانومها.

kuswantono kreator
kuswantono kreator

very soft , close to my skin , minimum 5 sprays

KeithScar
KeithScar

Where do i begin with Clinique Happy. This is a very popular and highly familar scent that drives the ladies crazy. It makes them "Happy". Perfect for spring and summer days. Nice citrus blends kicks in and the longevity is great. If Minuet Maid orange juice had a cologne this would be it !

Gwapito
Gwapito

This is one of the best perfumes ever made. The name says it all. Will give you happiness when you smell this scent. During summer, it lessen the feeling of heat when you wear this. I just love this. I hope in the near future that Clinique will make an extreme version of this :) This is just sooooo light....

alfreal
alfreal

A cologne that stays for so long. Fantastic!

haybraem

i am using it for more than ten years,and still i am loving it, its one off a kind, a masterpiece!!!

babak125
babak125

یه عطر جلف و سبک
برای تین ایجر ها خوبه.
من وقتی توی گرما از سر کار برمیگردم فقط برای اینکه حس خنکی رو بهم القا کنه یکم بو میکنم.
بوی صابونی داره که زیاد خوش آیند نیست.در کل چیز مالی نیست.با پولش چیزای بهتری میتونید بخرید

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

it's a fresh and young fragrance, with a good longevity on my skin, gentle and not too invasive! Simply unique!

enzyme1
enzyme1

This perfume is light, but I like it like that it is good to have some scents in rotation that aren't so strong so that you can have a rest from fragrance every now and then. I use this a lot but it is only to make me happy I don't think it projects very far.

@sezadite,
I had to give in and got another bottle of this great stuff (could nto wait any more for our fantasy of a eau de parfum or an intense version). The summer is extreme this time round and this works well albeit for a few hours at a stretch . By the way layering this on my skin works but just adds on a couple of hours

rienzope
rienzope

Very pleasant, bright orange opening, but it fades faster than any other scent I own, except maybe royale lyme or 4711. 5 sprays and it was gone in 2 hours.

gert1980
gert1980

it's summer perfume,fresh and light

smell 7/10
longtivity7/10

Senzadite

@Akhan you´re just right on the spot...and i think right now is the time for it, either Extreme or Eau de parfum or Intense but we demand more longevity.

kalphos
kalphos

Really like it, but it needs more horsepower. It's virtually undetectable by lunchtime even when applying it heavily before going into work.

Akhan

@senzadite: :-( they should come up with an extreme. ... Extreme happy is a good thing anyway :-)

sf2explus
sf2explus

A very nice summer scent opens with lime/orange and sea notes.
It is a citrus/aquatic style scent. projects very well for the first 2 hours than dies down very quick and becomes a skin scent.It does not smell too natural or synthetic. I like this scent smell is nice, you will get compliments when wearing this scent. lasting power is 4-6 hours max but will get a nice bubble around you for the first 1-2 hours.
A very casual scent and a very well done one as well.
You can also buy the shaving balm, aftershave, shower gel,shaving gel and deodrant of clinique happy can be used as a signature scent.

Scent 6.5/10

sameh
sameh

Just an average citrus EDT , bad longevity , i just can not feel the scent after 5 min , it seems to me that i have to spray 200 times give or take !
Mistake & won't be repeated ever again ..................ever.

saguna
saguna

I am in love with this fragrance. I don't like women version. First time I smelled it on my friend, he is a young, absolutely metrosexual , tidy, clean, neat, clean, clean boy. A man, sorry :) So... when I saw his suitcase with tidied up white shirts, t-shirts and bottle of something orange wrapped in one of his t-shirts, I wondered, what a jewel it is. Then I just checked in secret and I knew... that's why he feels always so clean ! Like always after a good shower.
That's absolutely lovely perfume, fresh, summer, morning rain, happiness and joy - not for a night out or not for a very masculine men - that's my opinion.
Of course I couldn't resist, and I bought a bottle for myself, finished it very fast, because I was spraying absolutely everything, my duvet, my pillow, my jackets and my hair, Love, love love.
Some people say, that only desperate women use masculine perfumes. Ha ha, I don;t agree, because I use perfumes which brings me good mood, and good feeligs., and that's how it is.

I can imagine, that Happy doesn't work on all men. Same as Burberry Weekend. Because it's more like fresh summer fragrance.

Senzadite

@ Akhan...that is the womens version not the mens.

Akhan

according to the bottom portion of this page there is a eau de parfum !!!! Strange I never saw it in stores. Will definitely ask now as I am almost out of my second bottle o the eau de toilette :-)

Senzadite

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CLINIQUE MAKE AN INTENSE OR EAU DE PARFUM VERSION OF THIS WE WILL FILL YOUR POCKETS WITH LOADS OF MONEY!!!!!

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

For me this is an important fragrance because it offers a new aesthetic vision by re-orchestrating some of the classical ingredients of perfumery. I used it very regularly in 1999 and I don't remember it having any issues with longevity. To me Clinique happy is a unique combination of citric-green lightness and excellent longevity. It is also very radiant without it being overbearing. It could have been my perfect scent however fate has it so that as surely as behind every smile appear teeth, so in the heels of happiness follows sadness.
When I was in the university I had a fossil of a teacher, a man who despised me as much as I despised him and was determined to fail me on that basis only. Every year he would fail me in his class which was mandatory for me. I failed the same stupid class 3 times but then he did something even worse. That cambrian trilobite usurped my Happy. To smell the same as this man was too much for me so I stopped using it and have the unfinished bottle up to this day as a souvenir. His triumph didn't last long however. Just when I was considering messing with the breaks of his car he had a heart attack (perhaps an averse reaction to Happy???) so a replacement gave me the grade I needed to graduate.

lio
lio

To me it's too much citrus ..and not my taste, but if you like this type of perfumes you will love it, as i see most of the people here do.. it reminds me of an citrus car perfume ..and it's very nice to smell it in a car.. but it's not nice to smell like a car fragrance.

andy

it is really a nice citrus coumfort scent if you like fruity smells and it has a lot of brightness and keeps away from the soapy clean chemical smells which are prevalent among fresh scents

clinique is honestly a pretty good scent house and puts good quality in their products and really gives a nice smell that is not too overpowering compared to many other frags

ION
ION

"Happy" will make you happy! That's for sure.
It is a citrus, utterly refreshing and invigorating perfume, lovely and different. I find it very unisex and much more interesting than its female version; a very charismatic interpretation and approach to the "cologne" theme!
It is ideal for the summer (if you are planning to visit Egypt for example:)) but under its friendly hood I find there lies a very determined character. Its persistance to take anything kind and nice its wearer has out of the shadow, is nothing short of adorable!
The deodorant spray will last you for ages (unlike "Allure sport" for example) and each time you use it you'll feel happy you did, a vicious circle in a way!

PS. perfume's longevity is poor...well, you can't have it all can you?

4m3n
4m3n

Excelente perfume lo malo es que no dura nada! :(

darrshanjvoraa

this is far far better than the armani acqua di gio men, the opening notes of clinique r faboulous and the dry down is awesome, i cant get enough longevity now a days .

baba
baba

I can't add much to what wonderful things have already been said, so I'll just shut the hell up...except for this perhaps inappropriate story, I first started wearing this about a year after my father passed away. I had been sullen and depressed for most of that year. I finally started taking action to get better and one of the tiniest steps I took (or so I thought) was to buy a fragrance called "Happy". I had never smelled it or even knew of it, but I found it somehow and it was called "Happy" so I bought it as a little joke to myself.

"I'll just spray this stuff on myself and I'll get better!"

Well it obviously wasn't as easy as that, but with much hard work, I did slowly start to come out of my depression. I had this little routine...every morning I would spray this on myself and I would take a moment to think about all the good in my life...some days it was just a few seconds, other days it was minutes, but I have to tell you, it is pretty tough to stay sad when you are smelling this scent.

Overall, it may have played a tiny part in my recovery, but it did play a part, and for that it will always be my favorite scent, for the rest of my life. Whoever named this fragrance, without a doubt picked the most appropriate name, and lucky for me, the name suits me just perfectly now too.

Soutty123
Soutty123

I can't stand Happy for women but I love the male version. I bought it for my husband a couple of years ago, he hardly ever wears it but he put it on this morning and I told him he smelled great so hopefully he will start wearing it a bit more often. The female version is just a blast of harsh chemicals. The male version is wonderfully fresh but with another dimension to it which stops it from smelling like a domestic cleaning product which is all I get from the female version.

Dad jax

it is the real girl hunter, if you wanna hunt girls in summers buy this one but at least 7 bottles of 3.4 oz cus you need to reapply every 20 mins! longevity is big draw back... this summer my sister gave me a bottle of 100ml and i finished it in one month though i was only using it when on weekends while hitting the bars or clubs

ninofranzjosef.alonso
ninofranzjosef.alonso

great perfume smells orange, fruity...
longevity: 7 to 9
Rank:8.5/10

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

Happy for Men is my all-time FAVORITE fragrance!!It's one of those ones that I will aways have to have! It's a very refreshing scent and can be worne any time during the year. I get compliments every time I wear it!! When you first apply it, you smell nothing but citrus, citrus, citrus and more CITRUS! (Oranges, tangerines, lemons, and limes)Then when it dries down, it smells a tad bit floraly (freesia and lily of the valley) but not too feminine,it still smells a bit fresh. The only complaint I have, is it doesn't seem to last very long. It only lasts a little over an hour on my skin so I have to reaply:(
I just wish it lasted longer but it's still my favorite!! Thanks!

God bless!!

mo2men
mo2men

its a wonderful perfume...with great smell . its clean and strong ,,but it has weak stability ,..i like it the most in summer

mr lenard
mr lenard

This, it has to be said, is a little bit special. Wonderful opening that does literally put the H in happy, radiating a positive feeling to you and anyone near you. A feel good fragrance best suited to calm people who don't take themselves too seriously

tyealia
tyealia

I just bought this and really love the smell my choices were Chanel sport for men and Versace for men, this one stood out smells amazing. I was wondering how many sprays are people using on this I wear it to work do about 5 sprays 3 near neck area and one on each palm

darrshanjvoraa

this used to be my fav b for 7 years and i still feel its really very nicelly done frag, the dry down is aweome , but now the longevity has problems in todays bottles, so i doubt wether now a days botlle would be as pleasant as it used to do b for 7 yrs. but really a beautiful fragrance for men.

MrMookie
MrMookie

I think many women turned their heads around when a man goes by wearing this scent , this one is UBER FRESH SUMMER SEXYNESS IN A BOTTLE i git it two summers in a row back in 2001 and 2002 it was my signature summer scent..but... this must be sprayed on 15-30 before you go anywhere the SILLAGE is good but LONGEVITY is bad.
Drydown?? is there any?
If you wear this one in wintertime many people will think you have a seasonal crisis..
It had 75&100 ml bottles and i sprayed it emtpy within 2 weeks back when i had it.
Ok when you spray yourself with 20 sprays its better but thats overkill...

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

This is definitely the "BETTER" version of HAPPY perfume.. its fresh and the scent is not of a dead dried up flower.. I like this better..even if its for men.. but lasting power..? hmm... not too good either.

cheeks
cheeks

Smelling it on a man, I find it very sexy, fresh and invigorating...it's a clean, 'right out of the shower' woodsy-citrusy scent. Best suited for casual use on guys below 35, especially those athletic types. Though I must admit I'd wear it myself :) I love the female version too.

Messer
Messer

Orangey, citrus-like, sweet, fresh, a bit woody, light, simple, youthful, playful, non-offensive. It starts with synthetic orange/mandarin/yuzu and and a touch of green notes but quickly transforms into sweet fruity woody kind of smell with a hint of cedar and a bit of guiacwood or rosewood. It's uncomplicated and easy to wear (if you don't mind slightly synthetic feel) but also very comforting and nice (good compliment getter ;)). In my opinion it's a perfect scent for a teenager or an adult in hoody and trainers. I like it but wear it rarely because there are so many much better scents to be enjoyed. ;) Projection, silage and longevity low. Cheap to buy. 6,5/10

teripanglaut
teripanglaut

fresh, fresh, fresh....

cyber861
cyber861

بویه شیرین و خوشمزه ای داره-خانم ها اکثرا خوششون میاد.پیشنهاد میکنم حتما تست کنید.یکمی شبیهه آکو جیو هست ولی خب در کل فرق داره.

nural
nural

This is a very special colongue for me, I bought this for my hubby, and i cant stop lingering myself around him. longlasting power, very fresh, suitable for long warm tired day. Doesnt give you any headache. It is just a unique, v unforgetful scent..

I think i can get away from wearing it to be honest, i like it way better then the female happy. I belive this fragrance is unisex <3.<3! luv luv

Cester
Cester

This one really wakes up your senses with it freshness.

riadmahmud1
riadmahmud1

Quite a strong orange scent, in a good way, if you were going for orange. However, longevity is a bit poor compared to the opening strongness. Stays on me maybe one hour tops.

megank4
megank4

one of the best men's summer scents out there. I have bought it for several boyfriends, and now my husband, though he doesn't wear it much.

pauluch3
pauluch3

This is just amazing!!!!!

I love it so much, and would use it myself since it's more of a unisex fragrance in my opinion. Definitely a great go-to scent for the summer.
*****

waqasad1
waqasad1

Using it since 1 week and till now it seems to me the smell of a Citrus fruit drink. Being said that, its and ordinary smell for me i.e, nothing special to me.

Nov 01, 2011
Blast of freshness every time I put it on really. Love the way it removes sadness/dullness around.

crueljudas
crueljudas

When I was looking at colognes I over looked this one only because I looked at the bottle and the brand. I figured it would smell cheap and girly. My friend who I was with picked it up and sprayed it on a tester strip and waved it in front of my nose when I wasn't looking and I my mouth watered. It smelled SO good. It was very orangey and fruity and yet manly. I was like, "Which one was that!" and when I found out it was the Clinique I was so surprised and intrigued.

It's PERFECT for summer, the smell just begs you to go to the beach. Unfortunately like other have said, it doesn't last very long, You'll want the 100ml bottle if you plan on smelling this way. Get a refillable travel bottle and keep it on you at all times. Although if you're very up close to someone they can smell it and it smells very good after it's sunken in. If your on a date or with someone special they'll appreciate the scent, I've gotten a few compliments by woman and men to honest. I swear everyone will love the scent.

len2184
len2184

This one smells GOOD!! And I mean it. Creamy citrus... just delicious, the PROBLEM.... last only 2 hours. Clinique have to work on this one. That’s all I have to say.
Good juice
Extremely poor longevity.

juaguz
juaguz

Happy makes me happy. Un aroma tan fresco y cítrico te puede llevar a cambiar de estado de animo, si te sientes mal ponte esta fragancia y te sentiras fresco y descansado, lo unico que se va rapido el aroma. Aromaterapia al alcance de una botella

surkhail
surkhail

out of everything i have its the best one very fresh clean springish sent not to strong but not to light i love it and iv gotten a few complements from women from it :)

scentedkub
scentedkub

My dad had this and it smelled so good on him! So of course I sneaked some thinking it would smell great on me...nah...I smelled like I got pelted with hot oranges. If it works on you, enjoy it! lol

nikolay_marinchev

It's so gentle, clean, tender, mysterious, with discrete flavor of soft peach, sweet mandarine orange and Lily-of-the-valley. You can feel and touch the power of the ocean. Amazing fragrance for the perfect man. Every month I have one of it.

Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!

leung.m
leung.m

One of my first fragrances, I love fresh smelling fragrances so this ticked all the right boxes. This fragrance very much reminds me of a perfect summers day, the kind you only ever see on t.v, closing your eyes and taking a deep breath, the kind thats followed by a smile. Happy refreshing summer thoughts in a bottle!

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Guys - women LOVE this scent ,. take it from me :)

Olfaction
Olfaction

Well we all know that everyone has a scent that makes them happy , confident and high , i have used Clinic for quite a long time and its the scent that lifts me up and makes me optimistic , the reason might be that it holds very special memories to me , whatever the cause might be, i must always have it in my collection .

Quite a total disaster! Hyper-Sweet citruses (expecially orange), green notes, woods. That's it. Simple and...cheap. A perfect fragrance for dutyfree shops in tiny little airports. Avoid.

Minimephisto
Minimephisto

No surprises. Yet, a perfect gift for those who are not usual cologne wearers. it is a fresh, welcoming smell that anybody would like to wear.

Too bad that it does not last long. Nevertheless, gives a powerful boost to your freshness out of shower.

BamBamBaby
BamBamBaby

clinique if you are here....

make an INTENSE version of this !

The smell is a big time close combat PD !!

Girls go nutz for this shit..... but it doesnt last.....

you have to re´apply every frekin 5 minutes

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

it was my very first perfume. i loved it, made me feel happy indeed, but didn't last very long. nothing really special, but it makes you feel like "hey, it's a new day! feel the sun and be happy!" after i had this, i became a perfume collector with an array of fragrances that i even rarely wore. but it love this one, may be it's also because it's my first perfume. : )

-Mr. Almond-

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I find this one just way too feminine to wear for a man. Just my opinion.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

For me this is one to spray on when you have either just gotten up, stepped out of the shower (and have no plans to step out), heading to the gym or running a errand.

This dies quickly (catch it if you can). Do not expect it to hang out with you much for the the half of the hour.

A clean citrus that borders on being synthetic (in a nice way). Certainly not too complicated. The bottle matches up to the scent, nice but plain.

There is a time and a place for a scent like this but not suited for those special occasions (and isn't that what a great frag is supposed to be for?)

annc
annc

I knew this one from a guy bestfriend. He used to wear this in the past and I remember wearing it too because the smell is just adorable. It is not sweet, but it is not too musky either. I cant comment on the longevity because it was a really really long time ago. Considering to buy it but reading the other comments about how it does not last long, I should probably change my thought.

iconoclast
iconoclast

The epitome of a “nice”, “squeaky clean”, “safe” and “highly inoffensive” fragrance. In this respect “Happy” fits well as a name as it is completely laid back and there is absolutely nothing dark or brooding to be found here. It starts off rather perkily with a sweet citrusy tang, more like tangerines & clementines than oranges, that although synthetic is still nice. Projection is very good indeed for the first hour or so, but disappointingly it dries down all too quickly to a pleasant mild ambery-woody if largely bland skin scent that’s just a notch above a drugstore scent or cheap fruity shampoo/shower gel. Regular top-ups are essential to maintain adequate sillage, but its longevity as a skin scent is surprisingly good (5 hours plus) for an EDC and it seems to bloom nicely in sweaty or humid conditions. I think if this was available in a more concentrated form, it might be a highly desirable summer fragrance for some. It’s also a very metrosexual (perhaps even a feminine) fragrance in my opinion, and very youthful too, that would make it a sound choice for a…err…metrosexual or youth. Nice looking bottle & lid too, although shockingly the orange bottle is just clear glass covered in a tacky orange film that can easily peel/chip off in places if not handled carefully.

As it stands, although I quite like Happy for Men (by the way I find it quite difficult to develop any strong views on it) and own it too (it was given to me as a present), I find it a bit too safe for my tastes most of the time, and quite frankly there are far too many better performing citrus or aquatic summer fragrances around to fully recommend it.

(P.S. To give it its fair dues, if you spray a lot of it on (say 7-10 sprays at a go) both sillage and longevity become very acceptable as you might expect. The downside of course is that you'll finish the bottle sooner than you had hoped!)

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

I won't repeat what others have stated. Like them, I LOVE this one too. MY only problem with it is that everyone wears this where I am from. :( I can't really say much about its longevity but as long as it there, it truly is amazing. A blast of fresh candy orange that will leave you smelling... oh I just can't describe it. It's fresh sexiness in a bottle.

If it's unknown in your area, get it!

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

OMG... I really wanted this so bad since long ago... Finally i got this today. I really really love it, i love the smell, i love the colour, i love the bottle. Perfect!!!! This is the best men perfume ever!!!!

mimosabee
mimosabee

I am a woman and I love Clinique Happy on men, so fresh and delicious... This perfume also fastens my heart beats... I would think that it is just suitable on fair skinned men but also smells charming on tanned skin :) (transforms to the sweetness of japanese tangerine -mikan)

The only drawback is -as everyone already pointed out- it doesn't last long so you might want to accompany it with the showering gel and aftershave balm.

highly recommended for people with allergic tendencies... Clinique products are excellent in this sense.

Blonde Gypsy
Blonde Gypsy

So yes, i am a woman, and yes im falling for a man's cologne. Tonight i purchased Happy in Bloom at dillards. While there the associate told me she loves happy in bloom and happy for men. Said i should give it a try. On the strip, it was nice. On my skin it transformed to the most luscious citrus/woody/aquatic. I typically can not wear orange, womens original happy is horrifying on me. But this is just what ive been looking for when the spring/summer arrives! This is a bold move for me to wear a mens cologne and im very feminine. I shall try this adventure with confidence :D

1/28/11 edit:
I got a small spray and finally wore this today. First spray I just adored it! My coworkers appreciated it also and commented on the freshness. Then...it was gone. I can honestly say it lasted no longer than maybe 2hours...then became faint skin scent. Only complaint is that is does not last...otherwise it is fresh and lovely!

andy

nice citrus blast but a bit synthetic

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

As most people have commented, this does not last very long but for the time it does it is wonderful. I have gotten so many compliments when wearing this. It give you a positive confidence from its simple citrus structure. If you are going out on a summers night the longevity will do you fine.

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top : A fresh (again...) scent, with a fruit punches of orange, mandarin orange, yuzu (barely detectable), lime, and that touch of 'soda' like scent that smells drinkable to me. 1 hour max

Middle: The scent calms down, orange-like scent, synthetic feel and grass like scent pops out. 1 hour.

Base: Nothing but invigorating orange and woods pop out. 1 hour.

Poor longevity. I was about to blind buy it when i first take a whiff of it, but when it settles in such way on my skin....no way I am getting it.

But I ensure you, Clinique stuffs are great. They don't animal test their products. There isn't much bad chemicals on them, so you don't have to worry. It is kind of allergic free fragrance.

A great scent for the day.

Does it make me happy? YES!
Does the whole package make me happy? No!

Poor longevity, maybe because of the reduction on chemicals that certain people is allergic to that makes this scent poor. Kind of reminds me of those Creed stuff (omg, did I just said Creed???)

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works very well on the heat for sure.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 5 (seriously unique, soda-orange? yummy!).

Sillage: 1 (this is where is falls, bad, bad sillage, I mean c'mon, fragrances are for people to scent and draw attention, right? this one....sits on my skin for like...the whole session).

Time length: 1 (poor, poor, poor time length).

Occasion: 3 (great for outdoors, kind of great for college).

Overall base on mathematics: 2.5/5

A great scent that won't last =/

Dark-X
Dark-X

All What I Know Is That It Is XAVI Hernandez's Favorite Fragrance !

saja5063
saja5063

This is definitely a causal scent. It's very citrusy and fruity. It's a unique scent that not many people wear. Personally I do enjoy the scent and love the bottle too. As noted by others the longevity is horrible but it's one of those scents that can be over applied.

Tired of Acqua di Gio? Try HAPPY! This is a wonderful scent, and I have both Clinique mens (Chemistry is also very nice) and wish they would make more...

This begins with a slightly aquatic citrus (as opposed to a citrusy aquatic) made of bright notes of mandarin, lime and lemons. The greens keep it smooth and not too acidic. The watery notes are more of a strong and beachy breeze, than getting doused in 'calone'. As nattonline said; this does get kind of flowery in the middle, but not overly so. The muguet adds a sheer green, and the jasmine-rose is quite nice and light. Freesia is a flower I used to abhor, but have recently grown to love, and here it adds some smooth sweetness (like in Nautica Sunset Voyage) that is very sexy on a guy! The drydown becomes woody, but in a nice way-not too heavy or serious-cypress is vaguely piney but smooth, and guaiacwood is just so very wonderful (to me) and the cedar and musk wrap it up in a nice man-bow. For the price you cannot go wrong, and everytime I smell this on someone I am reminded of what a lovely, but sexy-fresh cologne it actually is. It does really smell "happy" and tends to make me likewise...

Sillage: average
Longevity: pretty good
Overall: 4.25/5

This can fade fast on some, but I have found layering it with a citrus-based lotion and some fresh deodorant helps extend the life of it greatly. One of the better citrus scents at the department store counters today, I think. It is not an AdG clone, but if you like that kind of scent and don't want to pay an arm and a leg, try this. You will be, well...happy!

Miyavi
Miyavi

This is a really good scent. I wear it mostly in winter. It lasts long on me, but that's why I use it in winter, because I dont sweat, therefore the scent seems to last. As for wearing it when the weather is hot, yeah I guess it could last longer. But its a good fragrance.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This is is 1 of those scents to hope all the best for only to get it & be dissapointed. While this is a nice citrus frag for the summer. It lacks silage & longevity! Thats the biggest down fall of HAPPY! & when there is poor silage & longevity there is really nothing to be happy about.

Lotofire
Lotofire

Damn!!!! i wish this could last 8 hrs.!!! i love the smell but only lasts for 3 hours and i need to reaply, please,please,please make an Eau De Parfum or an intense version i would happily buy it no mather what.

Dad jax

Well it is very fruity and projecting in the begining but in half an hour it start getting vanish and in max 1 hour i ain't feel nothing of it ! if the longevity was there then i might have loved it for ages !

bumrush1223
bumrush1223

i have always loved Clinique Happy, always picks me up when i wear it. the only scent i consistently keep in my wardrobe. Yep, longevity is a problem, about 3 hours on my skin but it's such a clean wonderful scent. Rained compliments!

nikolay_marinchev

Smelled many perfumes at the airport and again I chose this! Incredibly subtle, sophisticated, elegant, unobtrusive flavor!

tavinver
tavinver

Happy is a really fortunate name, this scent is like a basket of fruit, a strong influence of citrus, makes you feel like a walking orange

1st impression starts fresh with sweet and sour notes. Not the strongest citrus scent i have experienced (Burberry Summer is stronger in my opinion) Then the floral notes creep in and the scent become a bit girly. Later the scent changes back to a more subtle woody musky manly scent. This scent is heavier than the woman version. It is clean and suitable for all ages, and I wouldn't be surprised if a woman likes and wears it as well.

carera
carera

its very similar to aquadi gio and aqua bulgari

RobbieX
RobbieX

A light clean marine/citrus scent. Quite subtle, well constructed, fresh and fruity. Longevity not so good - if they produced an EDT or an "Intense Happy" or "Ecstatically Happy" it would be a best seller!! I like this a lot though.

diamond sp
diamond sp

it smells like summer in a bottle:)i love it

nikolay_marinchev

I adore Clinique Happy Man!
Fresh, soft, nice, clean!

behzad1280
behzad1280

It is a unique scent suitable for lightsome youth.
It smells like medicine to me!
I don’t like it.

این یک عطر منحصربفرده که برای نوجوون های خوشحال خیلی مناسبه
از نظر من کمی بوی مصنوعی دارو و دوا میده
ازش خوشم نیومد

pramitaRIZKI
pramitaRIZKI

i love the smell...my hubby wears it and tell you the truth...it was one of the reasons why i love my hubby ^^

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance

Clinique Happy.

Well-addy Well-addy Well-addy, Clinique Happy.

A great opening, very fruity, orange, and aquatic.
Light on the skin. Goes nice, makes me feel very fresh. The initial burst projects well.

But, as many have already said; it has no longevity! It only lasts two hours tops.

Ah the disappointment.

andrew85
andrew85

one of the best citrus - easy going fragances. the long lasting is so good.. 8 hours on my skin.. perfect for a picnic at the bech.. this smell of the sea, its so marine and citrus, citrus, fresh.. good for Clinique.

dm8m
dm8m

Happy is the strongest citrus scent that i'd used so far. It's very good for the summer & has a clean feel.

my only complaint is that it only came out in cologne. the scent is not long lasting. it would had been good if they released a eau de toilette version.

dubeau206
dubeau206

This is the strongest citrus scent I've come across yet. It's like somebody smacked you right in the face with an orange. I don't hate it, but I'd recommend mixing it with something else.

adhieoprah
adhieoprah

nice scent, very watery at the beginning even in the drydown still smell the sea notes, the best one from clinique fragrance product

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

This is my favourite citrus fragrance, its just so juicy and charming and does exactly what it says on the bottle... smiley happiness in a bottle.

lat
lat

This is funny, because it smells great on women. I was using it myself and preferred this one to the female version.
Doesn't seem to be doing the trick for men though.

andy

its too girly and strong smells like perfume no thanks

and it is a bit pungent and sweet would not buy a scent from a girly scent counter and definately NOT anything of this potetncy i dont want to smell like pledge across the room

vdxl

A happy scent combining grapefruit, orange, some green notes and pepper, with an apricot note. As a daytime fragrance, it is uplifting, it does smell unique, but citrus isn't my thrill. Lasting power is decent.

adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in
adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in

My bottle ended just d day b4 today! N frm today i started feeling am missing something. It's not surprising to me, bcoz i remember d dayz when i use it, i used to love it, so missing something good is really normal.

It's a complete fresh fragrance, cytrus but completely a different one, it's really xtraordinary. The moment u spray it on u, it will make u jovial, vry like its name.

Its longevity on my skin is also pretty good. Am satisfied, really n "HAPPY"ly satisfied!

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

VERY FRESH, been using since 5 years ago :) and still buying...

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

I heard about this cologne this morning, saw the notes and flipped out! I had to try it and as soon as i did, i fell in love with it. I really like citrus based colognes and this one definately fits the category. I ended up buying it after i smelt it lol. Anyways, im very... happy... i made the purchase :p

Zocha
Zocha

Cheerful, clean and fresh summer/daytime fragrance. My favorite freesias and the base notes make it interesting, not just simple fresh. It can easily be a unisex, in fact, I want to get one for myself for hot days. I like this one better than the ladies version, which is much less interesting.

vdxl

Nice happy scent that really lasts. It is also an unusual citrus, maybe because it smells like sweet oranges and grapefruit in a totally different way. Far better than Acqua di Gio, City Glam or other known citrus scents.

guest_LJ
guest_LJ

Yet another cologne that gets a huge thumbs down from me. Again, far too feminine for a real mans aftershave scent. As a mans man I do not want to smell like a woman. I'm constantly reading about how women always borrow this one off their husbands, or even buy a bottle for themselves - need I say more ?

I prefer a much more masculine, 'classic' type scent like Aramis or Dunhill.

And the base note in this is really awful. Its like a cross between a medley of chemicals and a fishy / decaying meat smell. NOT NICE AT ALL !

And as for the staying power - well... When I sprayed it on my wrist for a test, the scent had completely gone within the hour.

Theres not a saving grace about it. In my opinion, the worst existing cologne in the world.

But, each to their own.......

dancam86
dancam86

This one is the most perfect everyday fragrance i´ve ever owned. Its just perfect for college, the office, going out... I totally love it, It´s fresh, sweet, citrus, comfortable and happy, very happy.

valdano
valdano

This is a very fresh fragrance...
I love it as a everyday use perfume!
Smells like an orange candy lollipop at the first spray, but then the musk came so strong in my skin!

I really love this scent, its so fresh, clean, yet addictive...

You wouldn't care to spray another spot of your body while you've had 6 spots already!

Its really addictive scent, its like Yummy! i wanna lick that! (that was gross, LOL)

JdhMac
JdhMac

I absolutely LOVED this scent!. Sadly, it's been a few years since I've had my hands on a bottle, but after this little trip down memory lane, I think I just might pick up this as my next purchase.

Great light scent. Compliments, compliments, and more compliments when I had it on.

And at the time, everyone else seemed to be into really heavy scents and nowhere near the light citrus I'd found and fallen in love with.

Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Very clean smell,want to get close and get a better whiff. Excellent for younger men.

sniff
sniff

I am woman and i am crazy about this smell. WOW! I want to catch this smell "Dont run away!" not lasting long!
This smell is for Don Juans and optimists!)))

acc
acc

it certainly fulfills the promise on the name: makes you happy immediately after you spray it :) but the happiness does not last long, it begs for reapplication. you better purchase a few bottles to put in your home, car, office.

MonarC
MonarC

I had this one! It is very happy and fresh scent!

ac_scent86
ac_scent86

I borrowed this off of a buddy and found it it to be a very clean scent. However as other comments have noted, it fades quickly and keeping in mind that its floral and woody undertones are suited for a warmer mood, the dry down leaves something to be desired.Maybe its just my skin but I was "happy" with it at first until it faded. I'm fairly sure there are better fragrances that provide the same tones with better staying power. Worth a test if you get a chance though. Who knows, maybe you'll have better results.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

Im a woman but own this scent and wear it occasionally. It is a fresh citrus scent with maybe a little cedarish drydown. Clinique Happy for men put a good mood on you. Im not a big fan of the womans version.

da_markos
da_markos

@ dunatko
strange - i'm indifferent about this scent ;) i've heard a lot of good opinion about this. i when to a perfum shop, have made wrist test and... it's like a nice shampoon - not more not less. i can agree that it's synthetic. maybe in one day i will back to this scent and give it another try ;)

dunatko
dunatko

i first loved it... fan of citrus fragrances:-) people love it or hate it - nobody is somewhere in the middle and doesnt care:-)))now i think its too cold fragrance (for beeing happy)and after time is the happy clean smell a bit synthetic...

guillermostf

One of the most fresh fragrances (but not ordinary) in the world. The scent goes from citrus to the sea, the marine shell note it's very original, smell like water and sand. One of my favorites perfumes.

jbello
jbello

Yes, everyone loves Happy. If you buy it, you will love it. Unfortunately, Clinque turns this stuff out like a factory and if you have ever received a bottle of old Happy, then you will be put off it for life. My father purchased the large bottle for my birthday. Not sure where he got it, but...
a fragrance should not be in a hot, over lit cosmetic cases for more than 2 years. Never purchase a scent that is not wrapped in the original plastic, in a box.

flannelman
flannelman

Happy is a fresh aromatic: a clean citrus scent (kaffir lime and mandarin opening notes) with woody (cedar) base notes. Ideal for late spring or summer. Quickly fading though, as already noted by previous reviewers.

Sherinb
Sherinb

Taking time to be used for it, to uderstand the philosophy and the secret of the scent..Fresh, but may be more relaxing than refreshing.. Top notes are of madarin and citrus, but fades to woody amber note.. Definitely a summer fragrance.. If you're looking for a high end summer refreshing scent, I think there's no better than "Eau d'orange verte" of Hermes.

afraafra
afraafra

Chandler Burr of the NYT thinks it's a great scent, a little short on longevity though!

Clinique Happy by Clinique 4.22 out of 5 based on 922 ratings and 194 user reviews

Cologne 1.7oz
Clinique Happy Eau De Parfum Spray Unboxed 100ml 3.4oz
Clinique Happy Eau De Parfum Spray Unboxed 100ml 3.4oz
Clinique Happy Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Clinique Happy Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clinique Clinique Happy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Clinique Clinique Happy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Clinique Happy by Clinique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Clinique Happy by Clinique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.