Designers » C » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Clinique Wrappings Clinique for women

Clinique Wrappings Clinique for women
dislike

aldehydic

Clinique Wrappings by Clinique is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Clinique Wrappings was launched in 1990. Top notes are aldehydes, artemisia, lavender, green notes and nutmeg flower; middle notes are cyclamen, carnation, orris root, jasmine, hiacynth and rose; base notes are leather, patchouli, musk, oakmoss, cedar and sea notes.

Aldehydes Artemisia Lavender Green Notes Nutmeg Flower

Cyclamen Carnation Orris Root Jasmine Hiacynth Rose

Leather Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Cedar Sea Notes

Alliage Sport Spray
Bobbi
Eau d'Hadrien

Clinique Wrappings Fragrance Reviews

lalondem

Yes -it really was perfect. I would say this was my signature scent all through the 90's and part of the 2000's. How woody and dry it was, really got everything just right. If I had known it was being D/C'd those years ago, I would have stocked up. Somehow I was caught up with other perfumes by then and didn't have a clue it was going out- I didn't even think that a perfume this good would ever be in danger of going out ...can't even believe Clinique would end such a quality perfume. This was better than many Chanels and nobody is ending them....sad about it for sure....

La DameDeNoir

This is my second review of Wrappings. I was wearing it yesterday, and I couldn't help but cry, because of, as the poet said, the beautiful person who was taken of from us. The ruin of a great building from the past gives a feeling of sadness, but is a magnificent sadness, because what it remainds is the skelleton of a giant. But the dissapearing of a frail jewel, like Wrappings, produces a feeling of unrepairable moral and spiritual misfortune.

Perfect. Unique. Exquisite. The smell that perfectly suits my character. It's like to be in a garden, in a summer afternoon, just after a storm. Broken branches, green leaves on the floor, wet, but warm air, crushed flowers. The most beautiful flowers in the world, just about to start to whiter.

Wrappings possesses and odd quality, but appealing, that I have noticed very rarely in perfumes. It's like a combination of extremes. It has a sort of warm coolness. So very special. Legendary Aromatics' little sister was prettier, more polite and demured than her edgy sibling, but, certainly, with an alternative character. He reads relatively unknown books, prefers indie films and goes to not crowded places.

What are the Clinique people thinking of? Why they don't just re-release this wonder?

FaunAromatic
FaunAromatic

I love dry, invigorating, citrusy/woody chypres, and boy is this is a good example of that genre. I'm wearing the lotion today and constantly sniffing my hands at work. It kills me that this kind of scent probably wouldn't be launched in the perfume climate today, because it's not "trendy". But I have news for the big perfume manufacturers: Beauty is never "trendy". We want beauty!

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

Fresco, brioso e luminoso,un profumo vivace pieno di erbe aromatiche,fiori mediterranei e odori marini, ozono, cipresso,pino e lavanda,lascia un alone piacevole e brillante,adatto alla palestra,allo sport,diurno e raffinato.

Chanel4Evah
Chanel4Evah

I am dumbfounded in the Absolute Extreme as to why this fragrance has not been Relaunched by Clinique? It is a Sin and Shame that this Perfectly MAGNIFICENT Scent is relegated to searching Online hawkers and the Flea shop/Rummage Sale route. This is a Completely Extraordinarily Exquisite fragrance and one that should be bought back to the fore, IMMEDIATELY! Clinique... Get On The Ball!

veda
veda

@LaDameDeNoir:You are so right.I love this gem and I cannot find it in Greece either.:((

La DameDeNoir

Seriously, I can't imagine why on hell the Clinique people decided to discontinue one of the most beautiful -just exquisite- fragances ever made. I am sick of seeing more and more and more flankers of Happy. What they should do is stop that infinite sucession of forgetable fragances and bring back this masterpiece. And all the year, not only in Christmas. And in all the countries in where they have retailers, not only in some (in Spain, where I live, is impossible to find: I kept as a treasure a small bottle that a friend brought me from the USA).

Always missed, never matched.

Douceamere
Douceamere

I've seen it most years as a limited edition Christmas set. It seems to be online at Macy's and Nordstrom at the moment.

kukisek
kukisek

It is available in Europe - if you or your friends go - ask them to look it up

lalondem

I have been looking for a few years now and can't find in Canada. I phoned the Clinique Co. in Canada and they told me it was discontinued and not even in the US anymore....so sad, this was such a clean fresh scent....

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

This is based on a vintage, 5 ml spray bottle that doesn't indicate the concentration. First, a blast of pine, then lovely oakmossy greeness. Other subtle things are going on, but it's the oakmoss that stays dominant throughout, on me and that makes me happy. I agree that this evokes Vero Profumo's Mito, as I'm wearing both Wrappings and Mito right now for comparison, but where Wrappings is more on the dry side, Mito seems a tad more spicy and has a kind of champagne-like effervescence. Both are wonderful and are working well together. If you are into scents where the floral aspects are obvious and right out front, that ISN'T Wrappings.

dmaw
dmaw

Love this woodsy scent for winter and
Christmas!!! Every year, though, same configuration for sale...wish they'd get creative (soap, solid, bubble bath, etc.).

Ilovemegigi
Ilovemegigi

Yes !!! I just bought 3 gift sets.

alyunie
alyunie

For those looking for this fragrant, its now for sale on the macy's website. It's not often brought back, so get them while you can.

sherryberry
sherryberry

Wow...I really love this one!! I first wore it back in 1990, when I was 23 years old. I used to get so many compliments on it. To me...it's citrusy-chypre goodness!! I am now wearing it again at age 47 and loving it. I just picked up the gift set from the Estee Lauder Cosmetics Company Store, so I got a really good deal. I've been wearing it non-stop the past few days, and I keep getting hints of my all time favorite fragrance, Chanel Cristalle. I have to say...Wrappings makes me feel happy when I wear it!!

Beth Anne 1963
Beth Anne 1963

Truly a masterpiece from Clinique, as many of you have stated. Amarlia's review is right-on. When Clinique discontinued this scent almost two decades ago, I loaded up on several bottles and have just one left of the perfume and two of the body lotion. I saw it in Perfumania stores and Clinique counters a few times during the holidays. What a shame that Clinique has only offered new scents that are floral and teenager friendly. Aromatiques is still a classic, but was never a friendly choice for my chemistry. I wish Clinique or Estee Lauder would bring it back like they did for Prescriptives Calyx---another great scent which is the complete opposite of Wrappings, but truly unique in its blend of green and fresh. If anyone in the North Carolina area sees a Wrappings offering in 2014, please post!

mandyrose

Decided to go for it and order set from Harrods.Was scared to open and spray incase the pine note resembled frish loo cleaner!
The body smoother was the first product I reached for and I applied a tiny pea size on back of hand.It was a pleasant surprise.Very comforting and airy.This gave me confidence to go ahead and open the fume.Wow! it is just adorable.What a relief as I blind bought.
It does have that fresh hairdresser herbal conditioner memory attached to it for me,so that's good.The body smoother is true to scent but only half strength.I sprayed some on one hand,on the other I put body smoother and when it dried I sprayed a whisp of Guerlain herba fresca,which added a sweet fresh green tea and mint layer.This works very well.Overall a light airy fresh herbal smell with just the right amount of warmth and sweetness.Really pleased.

mandyrose

Does anyone here think this perfume is similar in scent to wella herbal conditioner from the 80s,used by salons.The conditioner is discontinued I believe and was called wella herbal anti oxy.Loved the smell of it.Want that smell again to remind me of my youth but would need to blind buy wrappings as cant get a tester spritz.Thanks.

pravda48
pravda48

A cooling, intensely green, dewy, slightly bitter scent w/ a pinch of sweet spice for interest.

The intensity of the astringently-bitter qualities (clearly done on purpose, not as the mark of poor quality in this case) does remind me of some sort of natural cleaning product but... oddly I kind of like it.

There is something unexpectedly refreshing about it ('not really', you're thinking. 'It's full of aldehydes, green notes, and aquatic tones!') which keeps me wanting to sniff it more even though I find it 'sharp'.

This is all based on the opening 5 mins though, will report back.

WireBodyArt

Anyone bought Wrappings recently? As Grottola mentions, Oakmoss is not listed on the box anymore. Has Clinique changed the formula?!? #@#???#@@#$%

As I remember, the liquid was darker - or my bottle is older. Thanks! Juli ;)

orez
orez

Jerusalem: the winter of 1994-95, the Cobalt Bar. There are things I'll never forget….
Every Thursday around 10:30PM the same ritual takes place, we are getting dressed, we call our friends just to make sure that whoever gets there first takes hold of the best table in the house – not far from the door and with a good view to the stage. I apply blue mascara and blue eye pencil, I put on my Uno più Due dark- blue high heel s, a sexy black top and Wrapping, my signature perfume. The place is already full when we get there, my friends, some of my University students, artists, bohemians. We drink cheap beer with frozen vodka, and munch on French fries. By the time the band comes up on stage the air is dense with cigarettes smoke and the strong smell of frying oil. My perfume remains as fresh as if I have just sprayed it on. People comment about it: women wants to know what I use, men snuggle close to catch another whiff of it. By 02:30 we put our coats on, drown the last of our drinks and head home, I curl in my car seat, my coat heavy and fragrant around me, I fall asleep ….

zucchera
zucchera

Wrappings is one of those perfumes that should been left like a good memory for me, the first time I had Wrappings was about 20 years ago.

A few years ago in New York I saw it again, I tought it had been discontinued and I got really happy, I remembered how nice it smelled, how fresh, crisp and cool it was and also intriguing.

Ofcourse I bought a big bottle of EdP, when I got back home and started to use it I couldent feel the same freshness and coolness as I ´d remembered.

I just smelled floral, it feelt cloistered the perfume didn´t open up at all. Unfortunately it smells just carnation, jasmine and hyacinth and on me that smells bad...very bad.

Although I must say that the longevity is phenomenal and the sillage is pretty good.

ekalipso
ekalipso

@Bajar

I don't know (much) about stopping the creation of this special fragrance, but I would like to share an info with you - yesterday I saw it (and finally tried, how lucky and happy I was! :-)) in Graz, Austria, at Marionnaud's, a little 25ml bottle of perfume spray; it costs 61,90€.

It is a masterpiece, (and I agree with @Grottola) - very similar (perfume story) to Private Collection, with a hint of lovely Diorella.

Exquisite.

VeryFragante
VeryFragante

I do agree 100% with Grottola. It works great as unisex fragrance. I have weared Wrappings, and got lot of compliments. I go easy on it.
Yeah, some ?? looks, but I don't care. Wrappings smells great on me, maybe because of my oily skin and male chemistry. I wish I could get a bottle now. I used to get it around Xmas at Dillard's or Macy's, but so far it's not available. Of course I'll get one if I suddenly find it.
Thank you all, and enjoy every single drop of perfume/EDT you have for now. Blessings.

Grottola
Grottola

Huh. Weird. Wrappings is an interesting floral/green chypre that works totally well as a unisex fragrance, although it does smell a wee bit dated.

Basically it opens a lot like Estee Lauder Private Collection with a big shot of pine on top (like a Christmas tree) with a bit of citrus. Otherwise just a HUGE blast of green and aldehydes, and within five minutes, the pine is all but gone and what's left is a weird mutant cross between Private Collection and Diorella. Like most Lauder fragrances, it lasts a really long time and projects extremely well, so go easy on it.

The version I'm trying doesn't list oakmoss on the ingredients, so it probably doesn't smell as good as it used to, but if you're into classic floral/green chypres, or, you like Diorella but you're not into the melon note, this one might be for you. I might just have to get a bottle before it's gone again.

Bajar
Bajar

I wore it today and I remembered again how gorgeous it is. I would not classify it as an aldehydic perfume because I cannot recognize any aldehydes in the whole composition. Moreover it doesn’t remind me the Christmas season or a winter day and that’s the reason I have not worn it since October. On the contrary, although it’s woody, I feel it so green and cool that I consider it ideal for a sunny April day as today is. I believe that it suits well the Mediterranean spring. The bottle I have is from 90’s as the Christmas limited edition never reached my country and I keep it as a crown jewel because it’s only 25ml and I’m afraid that I will never find it again in the market. It was one of the most exceptional perfumes of that decade and it still remains unique. It’s a shame they stopped creating such a masterpiece.

Roxana777
Roxana777

Tremendous scent... deceives on application with its intensely green scent, but departs from that rather quickly to wear gorgeously. A true signature scent, very sophisticated. I've gotten more compliments on this than on any other fragrance. As an aside - after it got re-introduced as Christmas gift sets, I feel like they might've tweaked it a bit; it doesn't seem to wear as long as it did before they stopped producing it en masse.

pirini.covich
pirini.covich

I bought a bottle of this years ago and really loved it, but always thought one of the top notes must be ginger. Reading the reviews, I am surprised that it is not even there at all. Now, I am unable to find another bottle, what a disappointment, as it was a very unique smell that I haven't come across since.

TillyWave
TillyWave

At my age, the year 1990 seems to have only passed by a few days ago, but then I think about it longer, and realize that it's been 22 years since Wrappings was first released. Even at that time it seems things were geared toward grown ups, but nowadays I feel like everything is geared toward your average 12 year old--books (Twilight? TMZ?) TV (American Idol, et al) and perfumes (see: most celeb scents, shampoo-conditioner frags, Kool-aide/cupcake scents, etc.) So when I got the tail end of an older bottle of Wrappings in a swap, I was completely blown away.

It literally smells like sharp, clean, high mountain air in the middle of winter--a frozen balsam/pine/conifer forest. Invigorating, shocking, cold. It is so gorgeous. The green-aldehyde-artemesia, bitter balsam artemesia, oh my.

I don't detect any florals in here, and as Wrappings wears down, it becomes oakmossy-musky-resinous.

Obviously this is not a feminine sugary clean modern frag, and I don't even know if it's in production anymore. In light of further perfume restrictions, I am lamenting the death of perfume notes that I love. So to find a few ml's of Wrappings is bittersweet for me.

DraganaM
DraganaM

Unique, clean yet warm and long lasting fragrance

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

I do not get the pine/Christmas feel from this that some people get here. I think my purchase is an older one, it is a gift box. The box is lime green and the body smoother is a pump style. The perfume is EDP and a slightly darker color than what is available in the stores right now.
But I can say this is a good cedar. If you are looking for a true cedar perfume this is the one. I get a tiny bit of nutmeg, freshly ground, and some lavender in the background, but this has to be the best cedar fragrance I have ever smelled.

ccj36
ccj36

I rec'd Clinique Wrappings as a gift a few days ago. When I smelled it in the bottle, I mainly smelled pine and wasn't too sure how I would like it. After using it, though, I have to admit that I understand its popularity now! It does have the woody notes, but it dries down to a very clean, fresh scent. Reminds me of EL Private Collection, but is not as intense. A very fresh, unique scent.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I was wandering around the duty free on the ferry to Ireland a couple of weeks ago and spotted a few boxes of wrappings for the first time ever! In between the swaying and retching I managed to grab a sniff of this lovely clean, cedar-dry cool scent and purchased a bottle to wear throughout my stay. All in all this doesn't blow me away as a cool'mood'scent like No 19 does, but acts a little more as an extension of a shower, or mimics coming indoors from outdoors. It smells clean without being mean because of the little nutmeg kick that is in its base, it's natural and light. However, I will reserve it for day time use only as the sillage and longevity are close to the skin and it's not really knockout for night as I like 'em. I would describe it as a light woody-spicy-green scent.

Blackirish
Blackirish

I owned this years ago.very very pine like & almost reminds me of coty aspen,ethier for men or women.its strong.but different ,if you like the holiday winter season and want a perfume to match this is the one.

gewisse
gewisse

I loved Wrappings and eas so upset when it was dropped. My last purchase Christmas 2011 was different. It's lost that sharp, pine edge. Perhaps it's the loss of natural oakmoss?

OVincze
OVincze

I absolutely love this fragrance. It is not that well known which is the reason I have only accidentally come across it recently. I acquired a bottle at a really good price from a store employee that got it for herself and thought it was a limited edition AE. I love Aromatics Elixir as well, especially the new limited edition which I recently bought and since my mom loves every version of AE I wanted to get her a bottle. As it turned out it was Wrappings and I expected not to like it but I have instantly fallen in love with it. This is a very unique fragrance, nothing you will come across is like this, except maybe for AE as I do detect similarities in the base of the regular AE and Wrappings but I prefer Wrappings for is complexity and stronger floral notes. It is not a cold scent in my opinion since the flowers and warm base add warmth and it is surprisingly feminine which I thought would not be the case. A very special fragrance and a wonderful composition, which has never gotten enough attention, perhaps due to the fact that it was only available during the holidays and I believe that it is now discontinued so I am sure glad that I have gotten my bottle and in fact am searching for one for my mom now. Beautiful, feminine, sensuous and unusual for the days when you want to feel a little different and very special.

Scarlette
Scarlette

Soooo beautiful!! Is very similar to PC, but I find it's a little warmer & spicier on my skin. I am surprised that Wrappings is classified as an aldehyde, as it is NOT. I don't get much pine as others have mentioned.

Heavenly and unique!

Tovah
Tovah

I miss this gorgeous, unique fragrance. It's the scent of crisp air on a sunny ski slope. It's the celebration of Winter: crisp air, pine, glowing fireplaces, champagne, and soft leather jackets - so I'm going to buy myself a bottle. Elie Roger created a gem that gives clues to another masterpiece he created: Estee Lauder Knowing.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Wrappings is probably the only perfume with green notes that I can wear without getting a headache. It's a beautiful reminder of cold crisp winter days and frosty nights, of pine trees laden with fresh snow and cold air .That's right,It's a cold scent, but the nutmeg adds a slight warmth to it.The frosted bottle perfectly matches the scent and the name reminds me of Christmas presents all wrapped up waiting under the tree.If you like bvlgari's omnia crystalline or Chanel Cristalle or estee lauder's white linen you will love this. A masterpiece from clinique.

anniep
anniep

I adore this fragrance! I've used it for many years. I suffer from migraine and am very sensitive to fragrances, and most I can't wear as they will bring on migraine. I can wear Wrappings with confidence and it's never given me a migraine! I wish it was still readily available, but thank goodness for online auctions where I can still pick it up.

amanda0901
amanda0901

MY scent! I love this SO much - it's the one I keep coming back to.

On me, it smells fresh, yet spicy, and lasts all day. Every time I wear it, someone will ask what I'm wearing - I just adore it!

Amarilia
Amarilia

ladies, Wrappings IS NOT a discontinued product, but it's a Christmas season Exclusive, being sold only limited time of each year. If you love Wrappings check it out during November-December at your local Clinique counters, it's always available then in a gift sets with body lotion.
Definitely my next purchase when it appears in the stores next Holiday season!
I cannot classify this scent easily, don't find it particularily floral , rather kind of cool, herbal and woody, with a hint of warmth in the heart . This little,simple and pale frosty bottle holds inside a unique, chilly,earthy and warming wintery scent, if that makes any sense. Absolutely very well blended mix of herbs, flowers and woods. Outdoorsy and fresh , scent of clean Alpine forests!
A little goes a looong way, superb longevity and sillage guaranteed for all day!

etanguera
etanguera

My favourite perfume, unfortunally its not longer in sold by clinique! But I startet to buy the deposits!

anniebeck
anniebeck

I love this..why do they discontinue my favourites..hmmm.
This is a winter perfume for some reason it does remind you of christmas ..long lasting and very different .

twillocks
twillocks

It reminds me of being in the mountains staying in a log cabin, woody.

melissa
melissa

I bought this several years ago and my husband said that it reminded him of pine. Then, they quit selling it, except at holiday season. I really like the smell of it, reminds me of Christmas and snow. I am going to buy it this season and wear it during the winter months just for my treat. I have some many fragrances and switch around so often, he probably will never notice.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

This is the type of perfume that makes you say HMMMM. It is certainly different, fresh, cool, alpine woods. There is a hint of soft flowers, spices leather, wood and yes you can smell sea notes. It makes a welcome change when you really want a complete change and a different perfume that does not contain too much floral or fruit notes. Sillage is excellent.

Lady Osborne
Lady Osborne

My guardian angel and wrappings make my day...

WireBodyArt

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! While working at a box factory, the loading dock doors were open & it had just rained.

The scent of a freshly washed forest filled the air...then I realized it was Wrappings.

A little goes a long way though! I spray a bit of the perfume on my finger & dab it on my pulse points. Juli ;)

guest_Anne
guest_Anne

A perfume for winter or when you want to remind your self of a cold winters day. Flowers such as lavender, nutmeg, jasmine intermingle with rose. I find it spicy and it has a certain sophiscation about it. The drydowm is very comforting and makes you long for log fires and steaming hot chocolate.

AngelaGanttCarp
AngelaGanttCarp

Fabulous and seductive. As it warms on your skin it gets better and better. Definitely for a mature (over 30) woman who likes wearing a little black dress and high heels. Good for a sensitve nose.

Michele716
Michele716

Love it! Such a warm, comforting scent that has tremendous staying power and a beautiful drydown.

Clinique Wrappings by Clinique 4.13 out of 5 based on 235 ratings and 52 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clinique Clinique Wrappings fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Clinique Clinique Wrappings, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Clinique Wrappings by Clinique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Clinique Wrappings by Clinique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.