Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Simply Clinique Clinique for women

Simply Clinique Clinique for women
dislike

savory

Clinique, which belongs to Estee Lauder company, launched a fragrance with a simple name – Simply Clinique. This oriental fragrance does not fit in into the traditional three-phase structure of a fragrance: top, heart and base. Its designer Raymond Matts developed a composition on three equally represented lines: clarity, comfort and intimacy. The clarity is reached by white flowers, the pleasant feeling of comfort by soya milk; soya grains and smokey wood provide an intimate aura. It was launched in 2004.

Soybean

Simply Clinique Fragrance Reviews

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

I have had a small bottle of this for YEARS and I am finally down to just the tiny little bit left in the bottom. It still smells fresh, sweet, cozy and gorgeous, so I figured it was high time I wrote a review for this beauty.

Let me start by saying that I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone that needs an unassuming lighter fragrance for an office setting, because this one is clean and gorgeous without being cloying or overpowering in the least.

As noted above, this is more linear. You pretty much get the same fragrance from the first spritz well into the 6th hour (yes, it might be light, but it lasts quite some time). So I'm smelling light white flowers, vanilla soy milk, a light musk, and a background of melon on me. It never deepens or changes, but remains a soft white creamy cozy scent the entire day. I really enjoy the vanilla + soy milk notes, they really do work.

If this scent were a color, it would be ivory. I am really considering buying another larger bottle now that my mini is almost gone. This one is just THAT good.

zind
zind

This is so weird, because I swear that all I could smell was a toned down, slightly sweeter, but intense and overwhelming anise! (I accidently applied way too much anise oil not long ago and this was a bit of a flashback, though not nearly as unplesant) After reading the reviews here I could also detect something a little hay-like and something slightly milky, but I can not detect any melon at all. I think a melon note would have made the world of a difference, so I'm guessing this is one of those that depends a lot on bodychemistry. I'd love to smell it on someone it works for! Sadly, it does not work for me at all.

veda

Base Notes:
Vanilla, White musk

gfp
gfp

if you want to smell as a combination of mowed grass, melon and dry hay then this is what you get from simply. a very unusual scent. can't find any resemblence to other perfumes i know. suitable for day use: a walk in the park ,an afternoon outside with the kids ,work environment, and sport activities. not offensive, nor sexy or seductive .very simple and natural (in a good way). fits women over 20.
EDIT: my teenaged daughter fell in love with the scent. it ,simply, suits her.. she "borrowed" the bottle. i guess i will not see it again :-)

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

Wow, this is not at ALL what I was expecting! There was an initial burst of sweet mint, then my husband swore he caught some anise, which was gone as quickly as it was detected, and now... watermelon rind?
I know as well as I know my own name that a fragrance can smell entirely different just because of the day, or the mood, or the health of the wearer. I did just get home from a long day at work, and the arm on which this was sprayed hasn't been washed since 6am... so, I will wait til tomorrow night, have a nice hot shower and a beer or two, and give this one another go. I don't *hate* it, as is, but I'd love to get some of this milky, comforting goodness so many of you seem to have been fortunate enough to enjoy.
So, tomorrow, then. It's a date. :)
UPDATE: I gave this some intensive effort to make it work in the 3 main contexts of my life: Work, Relaxing at Home, and Running Around. I found it least suitable for the context in which I expected it to be its best: Relaxing at Home. I found it just too green, minty, crisp. (Read: the polar opposite of the warm, smooth milkiness I longed for.) I wore Simply to work for 2 days (it is SUMMER here, as in 90 degress, 100% humidity...) In this capacity and in the Running Around context it was slightly more comfortable, as it projected this kind of no-nonsense energy, but the dead end is this: It's just not *me*.
While I completely admire the stunning uniqueness of this perfume, and the quality of its composition (whatever that may be), and WANT it to be for me... it just can't. Turns out, I need a little nonsense. ;)

tamarashur
tamarashur

Simply is "simply" one of my very favorites of all time...I was so distressed when Clinique discontinued it and I was afraid I would not be able to find it again...so glad I could online! Every time I wear Simply someone will ask me what perfume I am wearing....just love it!! I will be very upset if a time comes I can't get it and wish Clinique would sell it again like they did Wrappings at Christmas time...used to wear it too and they discontinued it but Simply is soooo much better! Wrappings was very green...Simply is soft and clean!! Can't say enough about it!!!

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Simply by Clinique is so confusing to my nose. There's a heavy dose of something that smells like anise but is distinctly not anise. Underneath there is a sweetish fruity-aquatic element that smells like watermelon but is distinctly not watermelon. There's also a yellow floral component that smells sort of sullen and thick. I perceive absolutely no soybean or soy milk and I'm guessing this note is mostly a marketing gimmick.

Simply by Clinique is not at all the warm, cozy scent I was expecting. It's some sort of Twilight Zone bizarro version of a fruity-aquatic sport fragrance. It's not good, but it's not egregiously awful. It's just kind of peculiar and ungainly.

This fragrance was released in 2004, and I believe that it was heavily inspired by the much better fragrance Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake from 1998. Considering the similarities in composition, packaging, and concept, there's almost no way that Simply wasn't created as a subtle ripoff of Le Feu. Unfortunately, Simply is somewhat of a misfire and doesn't capture the dazzling originality of Le Feu. It's all a matter of taste though, and if you happen to love Simply, it's available very cheaply online.

palebunny
palebunny

Soft cereal grains floating in a white ceramic bowl of dreamy creamy milk. The cereal grains have but an imaginary hint of vanilla. The perfume floats on billowing clouds atop silvery zephyrs on a glorious autumn afternoon.

emellesteele
emellesteele

I really don't care for this one. To me, it has a smell like black licorice, or Sambuca...ick!

Denica
Denica

This is the most unbearable and bad smelling perfume in the world! Good for Clinique - after all this is an achievement, even a bad one.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

It smells yellow :)

sorrythistaken
sorrythistaken

Ive a 50ml of this,spritz it twice thats it, interested please PM me

MzScents8ional
MzScents8ional

To me it smells very strange. Like a stretched rubber band that had been handled by perfumed hands! I bought this fragrance many years ago and wore it a few times and I just couldn't get pass that "stretched rubber band smell". I had to let it go.

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

I saw a mini of Simply on ebay the other week and bought it on a whim thinking I wonder if it's like I remember.. well it is. How many times did I go spraying it in the shop in 2004 when I first fell for it, knowing full well that I'd spent all our money on the wedding. Not now sweetie.. your time has come and a full bottle will be mine. Tragically unique, and gone before it's time, Simply fell (like Kingdom and others), to the mainstream mediocre. Time has been kind to her, and she can still be found for now, although I fear she will never be resurrected. Creamy soft, fluffy pillows of vanilla and anise surround me. Happy happy times.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This is one of the weirdest fragrances I have ever smelled. It was not love at first sniff. I almost threw it after the first spray. It smelled so green and so cool that I thought I was smelling some iced tea with honey. I was expecting something milky and slightly vanillic and I was so disappointed.

However, I really love the concept so much---the bottle, the color scheme, the box that I sprayed it again then another time. Now I am hooked. It kind of reminds me of Happy without the citrus notes. It smells like watermelon + mint + milk and it's amazing how it lasts while remaining lightweight.

Not an instant love, but wow.

Note: Soybeans? I get no soybeans at all.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I really do enjoy this one. I don't wear it all the time but it's a great addition to my collection. It's unique and that's why I like it. I get tired of perfumes that all start smelling the same.

Latotalite
Latotalite

Too strong and weird in my opinion. A little spritz goes a long way and I had a headache the 1st time I smelt it. Can't stand it! Luckily I own the mini, not FB.

Molliepops
Molliepops

Its such a shame Clinique decided to discontinue this one. I have found some on Ebay recently.

I had a couple of bottles of this, which is suprising because its not the sort of scent that usually attracts me.

Its unusual, soft but spicy, almost gingery, and quite a warm smell, very comforting!

When I have worn this, people have commented on it and asked me what scent I was wearing, its good to know that its not instantly recognisable.

"Simply" is not a fragrance I'd wear every day, I'd probably keep this for winter.

carolinencarter
carolinencarter

Like mothers milk. Beautiful warm creamy skin. Can be worn anywhere anytime and men love it. I can't believe it's gone

basgam
basgam

Clean, fresh and warm at the same time. I disliked it on my skin several years ago as I could only smell aniseed! Nowadays I just love how the scent settles on my skin which must have changed through the years. I honestly adore this fragrance, it's soft and warm yet refreshing!

8691ikim
8691ikim

very nice and particular scent
but, i wonder, as note, only soybean??? :(
for me it seems to be more

MJ1209
MJ1209

Warm, sweet, slight insecticide-y combined with a funky green-ness. Can't quite place anything in particular, but it's not bad..... not bad at all.

milky, sulphur, hay, white florals. i get all of these scents and sensations from this perfume. it lingers on clothes and lasts over 5 hrs on my skin. while you wear this you can continue to smell it all around you and it continues to change. you will also get some wood and a soft black licorice scent with some muted patchouli also. very unique scent that i haven't really ever encountered before. it was very nice for work last night and garnered a few compliments as well. try it, it may just be for you.

smellhunt
smellhunt

"SIMPLY" is a unique scent, I haven't smelled anything similar to it ever.
Warm, milky, cozy are a few words to describe it, clean and sensual too.
Sensual not sexy, sensual in a very basic way, it has the power to transfer you into your lover's familiar bed...

CarlaLage
CarlaLage

It's a very interesting fragrance because change a lot depending on wheather. In warm days seems like watermelon, in hot days I can feel a bit of mint. It's soft and nice, a bit weak.

Bianca_Horkan
Bianca_Horkan

This used to be my "go to" scent in the early/mid 2000's. It worked wonderfully with my body chemistry. Warm & just slightly spicy & creamy.

I haven't had a bottle in years & I cry a little inside every time I walk by Aa Clinique display and it's not there.

Simply by Clinique is quite an odd little scent, one that I'm not surprised to discover has been discontinued. Somehow I feel as if it's a hard one to please.

Personally I applaud its unique and daring approach, even though I may not be a huge fan of soy beans and their accompanying scent. If I were not aware of Clinique Simply's dominant soy bean accord, I may have mistaken it for a green and slightly dry take on licorice.

On the skin this fragrance has the tendency to turn a little bitter. However, when blended with the right skin chemistry, Clinique Simply can smell quite pleasant in all its bitterness. With a light application, it also shows some promise in regards to being worn as a natural skin scent.

I know many perfume friends of whom mourn the loss of Clinique Simply. I'm rather surprised that I have managed to track down a bottle of this fragrance in a Duty Free store recently. I had thought it was long gone.

I wasn't game enough to test this fragrance on my skin, in fear of it becoming a scrubber in a matter of seconds. It's not really my cup of tea, but I can appreciate it for what it is. I would recommend Clinique Simply for wear during Spring and Autumn. Essentially it's perfect for those mid-seasons.

Other than soy beans, Clinique Simply also has prominent accords of green melon and a hint of unsweetened milk. The longevity is fantastic.

dezaval
dezaval

Now, that's an unusual perfume. The first time I smelled it, I had the hiccups! Yes, I' m serious! The same thing had happened to me with the Givenchy Amarige. I thought "That's a strange reaction". This was the reason I bought it. I really like it. A summer perfume, with a distinguised character, persistent, yet quiet, soft, creamy, like a chantilly. There's no other perfume like it. It reminds me of the moisture after the rain in May: waiting for the summer by wearing a shockingly simple, but extremely elegant perfume.

abhinavmadan1980
abhinavmadan1980

I have a bottle for swap for any one interested from India. PM me.

tconlgirl@yahoo.com
tconlgirl@yahoo.com

I miss this one wish they would bring it back

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

It was one of my few successful blind buys. I wasn't sure if I'll like something with soy, but actually I love it. In the first 2-5 minutes I feel the white flowers (but there isn't anything headache-inducing edge here), but then Simply is a quite linear fragrance. There isn't aniseed in? Hardly believe it. Whatever gives this 'anise-feeling', it makes the scent very fresh and airy. The soy is absolutely recognizable and gives to Simply a warm milky quality. The smoked woods are interesting, too: I can feel the vibe of IsoE Super here, am I the only one? It lasts for several hours on my skin, with low-medium sillage, but I can catch whiffs of it time to time while moving.
All in all I love Simply, because it's warm and airy at the same time, a comforting and uplifting little gem, that's gone:(. If you love it and want something similar, you can try Jo Malone's Vanilla&Anise, too. It has the same effect (at least on me), maybe a bit warmer.

jesseyanne
jesseyanne

Some fragrances are considered light enough for the office, but retain their own personality. This fragance is special in that it boosts your personality by conveying traits every office admires. Clear communication, attention to detail, reliability, and warm welcomes. This is a beautiful fragrance that will not whisper a single secret to your coworkers about last night or lingering girlish dreams.

kkw80
kkw80

This has been my signature scent for ages. It's wonderfully light, but also different from anything else I've smelled. If you want something feminine, fresh, natural feeling, light and unique with a youthful modern twist, it's Simply. I just don't know how it has been discontinued..

kris6971
kris6971

This was the second scent that I ever bought outside of a drug store, and I still love it today. I wear this year around, and recently my daughter and started using it also. Just seems light to me, and something I can wear everyday.

nicenspice
nicenspice

This fragrance is divine.I LOVE it! It's so ME.
Even though it smells nothing like it there's something about it that reminds me of my beloved Rive Gauche ( original formula). I think it's the originality,the confidence,the airiness.
It has an icy mintyness that clears your nostrils,followed rapidly by creamy licourice,all tied up together with oriental woodiness.
So fresh,So different,So gorgeous.

ClassyCouture
ClassyCouture

This one is my FAVORITE from the Clinique Line. Simply is a lovely fragrance! It definitely could be one's signature scent. The initial notes are very sweet and settle into a warm, inviting scent. It's clean and ANYTHING but ordinary. If you're sick of the traditional, boring floral fragrances, this one is for you!

Hollie
Hollie

Reminds me of those little colorful,candy coated licorice pieces...but vague and faint. Almost no strength or longevity on my skin. Very different....reminded me a bit of Eau de Star by Thierry Mugler ( which,oddly enough,I just reviewed yesterday) but even less complicated of a scent.Simple and just OK in my opinion.

pomdgf
pomdgf

This is my most wanted right now!!! But in Thailand it is no longer available. I have to find out. I'm not sure in a duty free there is still available. Someone please tell me. Thank you.

eirini86
eirini86

i have the best memories from this perfume...my best summers..warm,smooth..so poetic and romantic..so fresh and sweet...i am so disappointed that i can't find it anymore..i wish i can find a way to buy it again..if someone knows something about it i would be greatfull!!i still have my very first bottle,and every time i open it,i can still smell it...simply the best!

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

There's no denying it ... this one is just weird! ... that's why I like it!! The longevity and sillage are very Lauder/Clinique - monstrous! This is actually very unisex on me ... kinda androgenous. I use it with the spray on body lotion! It almost reminds me of a La Prarie or two. There's a touch of Coco Mademoiselle here also ... but very briefly and oh so subtly! It's a very linear fragrance ... smells warm and airy ... powerful fresh air ... with a little richness to it ... baffling but fabulous! "They" always discontinue the good ones! Luckily I have a friend who works for the company, with stockpiles of testers ... which I get for free :o).

ajl577
ajl577

Its a very strange smell, minty but milky, creamy...just weird and I can never decide if I like it or not. I put it away for a couple of years and then want to dig it out, maybe smell it in the bottle but its a VERY specific mood that I have to be in to wear it and its definitely a signature scent. Its not like anything I've come across...maybe it reminds me of the bottom of my mothers purse when I was a little kid. Thats it, she used to carry wrigleys spearmint gum and the old formulas of lipstick in the eighties had that waxy smell and one of her perfumes spilled in her bag once, I think it was Anais Anais...but that and paper and money, coins everything else kind of reminds me of this scent. Very childhood oriented. Not sure if I want to smell like this memory in a bottle....

Melpo
Melpo

I loved it! Such a pleasant, warm and soft smell! A pitty I can not find it any more. Irreplaceable.

melinamelp
melinamelp

sweet and blunt, sweet and blunt. quite innocent like quakers or mashed potatoes. Can wear it without second thought that others will be annoyed with it. It is comfortable and soothe smell

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I got this because I heard it has milk notes, but I really can't smell any milk at all in this. It just smells like a young mother wearing a cashmere jumper, comforting a baby. I don't hate it, but I will never wear it!

pikpik
pikpik

i am CRAZY about this perfume.. unique, warm, clean, loveable..

Zinderella
Zinderella

BUMP.. written as Guest before I joined. Bumping so it goes in my reviews. I hope that is ok :)
Im afraid I hate this perfume and I bought it without even trying it, just because it is Clinique... (I love Happy). For some reason something strange happens and it smells revolting on my skin, like the green slime in a fishpond mixed with milk. It actually makes me feel ill lol... Bizarre...

Yorkshireterrier
Yorkshireterrier

Warum wurde der Duft aus dem Programm genommen? Ich verstehe es nicht.

I found it too citrusy and fresh. Reminded me of a house cleaner.

Smell
Smell

. I was dissappointed that is was discontinued.
WhY !!! tell me why.

Tiktak
Tiktak

This is such a relaxing fragrance. Soft, clean, very calming. I was dissappointed that is was discontinued.

Siv55

I forgot to say what this stuff actually smells like. Doh! Very much like Jil Sander Sensations only perhaps a little nuttier and milkier. Also quite like Premier Jour only warmer and not as immediately fresh. This isn't massively helpful info as all of these are discontinued anyway :(

Siv55

I liked this very much and only had a little tester bottle. It was rudely discontinued before I managed to even buy a proper bottle. Don't try and wean me! Baby wants it back! WAAAH WAAH! WAAAAAH!!!

MASSIVE SULK.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Simply is a really nice fragrance but not at all what I was expecting. I am told that this was created with mother's milk as the inspiration. Perhaps the comfort factor--yes, but the scent of Simply is not hugely reminiscent of human breast milk.

Simply starts out clean and fresh in a soy milk type of way, but not really creamy like the commercially produced soy milk we buy to drink in the western world. More like the water that whole soy beans or a fresh block of tofu sits in to soak.

There is an obvious licorice-like note that appears, maybe anise as it's a little woody and earthy. And some soft delicate flowers, jasmine I think.

That 'aquatic' tofu water and anise accord creates a cozy and fresh feeling, almost like salt air on the beach teasing your hair on a crisp fall day.

The anise note could be too overpowering if sprayed with a heavy hand as this has some pretty good sillage and lasting power. Simply is pleasurably enigmatic when sprayed gently and close to the heart.

nannaje
nannaje

This smells like lukewarm licorice tea with honey. I don't like it and wish I had not bought it (blind buy online).

Vreka93
Vreka93

Hm. very interesting, and weird scent. I don't really like, but not bad.

ichigogirl
ichigogirl

There is something about Clinique Simply that makes me just want more of it. At the same time there's something about it that I don't really like.
Intriguing!

On my skin it's a powdery, sweet but at the same time very refreshing scent, with spicy notes in it. One of few perfumes I can't describe in words, at least I can't name the notes in it. The top notes are not my favourite part of it, they seem a bit sharp, it's the heart and the base that makes my heart sing. Worth waiting for.

Before I bought it (years ago) I tried it on on one arm, and Victor & Rolf's Flowerbomb on the other arm. As I was leaving a boutique the clerk ran up to me to ask what perfume I was wearing; "it's wonderful!". I still wonder which one of them she meant, or if she liked the mix. I ended up buying both!

DriHonne
DriHonne

A friend of mine was travelling abroad and I gave her a piece of paper with a perfume name. She came back and delivered my perfume. She gave me the bottle and I said that there was a mistake cause I wrote Clinique Happy. Then she showed me the paper with my handwriting: Clinique Simply. When I tried it, I was really overwhelmed. In my skin it developed a smooth woody and spicy scent that made me feel clean and powerful. I SIMPLY loved it!!! What a HAPPY end for a mistake.
;-)

judies6

If you miss the dry down of this fragrance , try Fredrick Malle's En Passant. Though the latter starts differently (with a lilac scent), the base notes seem identical to Simply.

Now that Simply is discontinued, Ma Dame is very similar, especially on the anise notes.

randik
randik

I can appreciate how this perfume would attract or repel - I think it is a love/ hate type of scent. Either you find it smooth and inviting, or you would find it nauseatingly buttery.
I believe name SIMPLY is rather apt, because when you get the first whiff of it, you get an "honest" type of perfume. It is warm, creamy and yes, milky. It is a well behaved scent; it stays the same for hours - and gives off the same vibe.
Simply stays close to the skin - like a comforting, soft blanket.

mandelinka
mandelinka

tried this one long time ago and always wanted to buy it. it just smelled so comforting and clean. seems to be very hard to get.

Marks and Spencers do a summer scent that smells almost exactly the same as Simply called 'Sunny daze'.

judies6

This is a cuddle fragrance. When you're in the mood for sweet dreams, this is what to wear. Sadly, Clinique no longer makes it -- or at least, that's what I was told. It is not a perfume for all moods, but the perfect one when you want to comfort yourself and maybe someone else.

karlee79
karlee79

i remember the opening notes were melon then pepper, and the dry down was a soft licorice smell. Was warm and fresh at the same time. This was a very nice scent, my sister introduced me to it. I have never encountered any perfume like it. Its definitely unique.

panda2010
panda2010

I loved this fragrance ... it smells innocent, fresh, wholesome, calm, yes of simplicity and serenity. It smells of milk and babies and stables and hay - it made me feel like I lived in a period drama, or at least in a country pile with horses and dogs and a whole different way of life! However ... I only ever wore it when I was on my own to make myself happy - because all the things it made me feel weren't very useful to going about your normal like - and no one else seemed to particuarly like the smell on me!! I would still have a secret bottle though if they brought it back!

NatWeb
NatWeb

Warm milky sap. Very creamy but also green. I can never decide if I like it or hate it, has excellent lasting power though.

njdeb
njdeb

Well, another one of my all time favorites that many seem to dislike:) To me this is utterly unique. Creamy, fresh, comforting, lightly spiced and overall just an ahhhhhh fragrance. Like an anise-scented milky tea. This one you need to let develop on your skin as it becomes creamier the longer you wear it. Sadly discontinued....

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

dont exactly know how to put it,, but it makes me feel clean, innocent, and comfortable!

Krissy041088
Krissy041088

I really like this one. I bought it on a cruise and I must have smelt 100's of perfumes before i found this one. It is VERY different... it weirdly enough reminds me of watermelon crossed with licorice. The best thing about this perfume is it originality and its extremely long wearing... (lasts the longest out of all my perfumes!!)

*sophi*
*sophi*

I totaly disagree with susiegrj.I find simply quite a different than usual aroma.I had it from 2004 and
i find it very nice ,floral soft and powderry.The body lotion is sweet reminding me fields of flowers.The soya bean gives the sense of smelling the countryside after a heavy rain.It is great for my taste ,but ...hey..it is me i am talking.

susieqrj
susieqrj

I don't like it. It's very weird, sort of bitter, that kind of smell that makes you want to wash your hands quickly to get rid of it.
Even a perfume shop owner told me not to buy it (when I asked about Simply on a perfume community).
I don't recommend it.

9154mf
9154mf

I love soymilk, woods and smoky scents so why did I dislike Simply? That's simple ;) because I don't smell any of those notes! This has an off quality to me that I just can't get my head around. I smell alot of anise at the start too, and I normally like anise (in moderate quantities) but this almost makes me sneeze. I also smell flowers and a weird fruity smell like fig or something...I'm just really struggling to pick out notes in this and I'm normally not this bad. It's not the worst perfume I've smelled, but it certainly doesnt smell like any of the listed notes to me, it smells like a strange fruit and floral mixture - in fact it almost has a medicinal quality to it and I don't like it. I can understand why it's been DC'd. Whatever the medicinal scent is, I can tell that that is what was supposed to give this fragrance it's warmth, but on me this just doesn't work.

juliana6909
juliana6909

very nauseating, never felt like that about a perfume, I am getting into the shower, now!

gesch
gesch

i simply love this - although I have to say that the topnotes to me just smell of anise, which I don't like much. For half an hour I have to ignore how I smell - than there is the drydown - fresh earthy smell, wih a tad of white flowers.
How different 'smell' buds can be:to my sister it's a fruity scent, although she too, smelled the anise strongly.
I don't feel sexy with it, just clean and nice. And on me I need warm weather for it to develop nicely - in winter it stays too sharp...

sjanira
sjanira

I got this through a swap here and I have to say it's very unusual. I like the dry down better than the top notes. I've been testing it now for 2 days and it's so different from anything I have that I will stay with it for now and enjoy it. It's a simple and calming fragrance. You definitely have to like the smell of soy to enjoy this one. It's so simple, think soy, mild and vanilla! that's it! It's one of those fragrances that's so different from anything out there, that you want to keep giving it a chance to see if you grow to love it.

guest_redness
guest_redness

This is my absolute favorite and I cant find anything comparable now that it is discontinued. The best is when you smell your rist 12 hours after you sprayed it and it smells like heaven.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

A simple fragrance that smells most of the time like soy milk. But you must really like the smell or taste of soy, as it's the main component of this weird fragrance.

Men can use it without any problem, as it's not too floral or girlie. It would be a nice option to use at work.

Akvamarina
Akvamarina

it is simply a smell of love for me, I love it with all my heat

Malibu
Malibu

I used to love this one, it was a great choice for autumn/winter (it's almost suffocating in warmer weather).

It is uncluttered, inoffensive to other people & can be worn to work or play. I can’t really describe the scent, just the feelings it provokes; but it is warm, comforting & is just like a second skin.

The staying power is good & I love the simplicity of the bottle design.

WardrobeMistress
WardrobeMistress

Really not for me, it definitely has some something aniseed-ish in there which gives me a headache!

siskakak
siskakak

So simply to love it!!

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

I really like this one. It honestly makes you feel warm and cozy. Not a fragrance I would wear year round. Definitely a fall/winter scent.

Moszatka
Moszatka

Yes, it's really anise and not suitable for me. But very special fragrance.

liat
liat

As much as I like it, it's very simple. You'd wear it for work or for going to the park with the kids. It’s just not the right scent for feeling sexy and all.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This is so comforting...it has been compared to "mother's milk". I apologize if that "grosses" anyone out, but it is supposed to be sweet, mesmerizing, enchanting, and draw you in with notes of cream and slight spice. I do not get the "beach" feel at all. More of a curl up with a book, sweater and cup of cocoa on a rainy day in late October....

pearl
pearl

It is the smell of staying at the beach all day in the end of August... difficult to describe, it reminds me of summer holidays when I was a child... great scent.

guest_Etro
guest_Etro

I got 2 of it when first time that I smelled. Can u imagine you're wearing a white shirt and go outside on sunny day.
It makes you calm and very cleaning.
It's makes me calm down when everything
so complicated, just take a shower and wearing it.Try it! So simply!!

vertigo
vertigo

i absolutely adore this one.
it's so soft, smooth, sensual and clean :)

Simply Clinique by Clinique 3.49 out of 5 based on 340 ratings and 88 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clinique Simply Clinique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Clinique Simply Clinique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Simply Clinique by Clinique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Simply Clinique by Clinique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.