Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

1872 Men Clive Christian for men

1872 Men Clive Christian for men
dislike

1872 Men Clive Christian for men Pictures 1872 Men Clive Christian for men Pictures 1872 Men Clive Christian for men Pictures 1872 Men Clive Christian for men Pictures 1872 Men Clive Christian for men Pictures 1872 Men Clive Christian for men Pictures 1872 Men Clive Christian for men Pictures

A fragrance with a classical DNA and a century-old tradition. This is precisely because it is created according to formulae and methods originally used by Crown Perfumery. All ingredients are strictly vegetable in order to perpetuate a lasting formula of fragrance.

Available in Pure Parfum (30ml) and Eau de Parfum 50-100ml. The nose behind this fragrance is Geza Schoen.

Galbanum Grapefruit Lime Bergamot Mandarin Orange Petitgrain Pineapple Peach Lavender Rosemary Pepper Nutmeg

Cyclamen Clary Sage Freesia Tagetes Jasmine

Virginia Cedar Patchouli Olibanum French labdanum Amber Musk

1872 Men Fragrance Reviews

TheJurisDoctor
TheJurisDoctor

Here's a review for those who want to know how this smells, don't have access to a sample, and don't want a recitation of the listed notes. This is like one stick of Juicy Fruit gum mixed with a half a stick of Spearmint gum. It's also like the original Acqua di Gio with some spice added. Sounds weird, and it is. Forget about all the comments about it being a generic citrus. I've never smelled anything like it. Don't expect a designer-type tangy citrus. Think Juicy Fruit + Spearmint.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

@1872 & other niche fragrance gathers and detractors.: guys, rather than "throwing salt" for the sheer fact some of these niche frags command a pretty penny- would it not be far more productive to give us an honest assessment of your take on these scents without words such as "disgusting, garbage or not worth it"?!?!?! Cause I'm sure you wouldn't view it as such if it were $49.99..... IMO of course........

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

@Mariotgomez: I love your review..... I agree with so much of what you've said. Having just gotten a sample from Bergdorf Goidman a couple weeks back, I can say the following thus far:

For me- it's a refreshing, relaxing & easy-to-wear perfume for every day and all occasions. The Petit Grain is a classic and the grapefruit note is FANTASTIC in this one (even better than the grapefruit in Terre D'Hermes Hermes and Bleu De Chanel IMO of course) . I'm not usually a fan of black pepper (preferring pink pepper), but I MUST SAY the Lavender, Jasmine and Clary sage, gives it that smoothness, slight creaminess and depth..... I do believe after trying it a few days that these very notes have a lot to do with 1872's unusual longevity for a citrus-based scent..... And yes, I DID keep smelling my hand and thinking as you did: "this us what true perfume is all about"...............

kaster89
kaster89

realy love this fragrance... its fresh scents but not sharp to the nose.

Laurdess
Laurdess

I love this scent... Its bursting with citrus. But lets be honest, It really doesnt matter what I think of it, because it cost more then my car payment. If I had that kind of money to throw around I would help the homeless not fatten this perfume houses pockets.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

FRUIT COCKTAIL

I get the authenticity of this niche house - there is no denying the natural, well blended notes.

But there is something bothering me about 1872, and I can't put my nose around exactly why I only appreciate this fragrance but am not enthusiastic about it. I've been wearing it for hours now (has A+ longevity), and all I'm still getting is a really elegant (but every day wearable) fruit cocktail.

GRAF
GRAF

Absolutely disgusting for me. Always try on your skin before buying a good (expensive) fragrance. Its a matter of chemistry. And don't depend on big names or high prices. Sometimes they are just not enough. Nothing of special and overpriced. There are hundreds of better perfumes at less of half of half of the price. Worthless mixture. Longevity? Maximum 3 and a half hours. Completely useless overpriced scent.

pbatemman26
pbatemman26

I feel like this is a more sexy version of Millesmie Imperial, smells like buttered orange blossoms with a little spice. Sure there other fresh fragrances on the market, but this is a noticeable step above then all, especially in longevity. I showered and this still remained on skin for hours.

Roflecones
Roflecones

People think this smells like Adidas Sport Field? Really?

Veeraj34
Veeraj34

This is one of the best perfume I have in my collection. I have lots of perfumes but have to admit that this is really a beautiful art piece. I will say in short, the perfume lasts long. In fact I had sprayed three squirts in the evening at around 7pm and went out for a meeting and came back home and went to bed. I could still smell the fragrance in the next morning and was still noticeable. I went to bath and then it faded a little but could still smell in lightly. So powerful is the fragrance. This is my honest opinion.

SDVHC
SDVHC

Nothing of special... interesting but the price is totally unjustified. I can understand that the ingredients are all the best, however there are thousand of better perfumes at less of half of half of the price.

Wasted money...

Scentica2009

Day 2 of owning a bottle of this juice and feel I need to be a little more descriptive. I can understand why some people would say that the longevity of this is quite poor for the price. I think this is due to the powerful and explosive opening which projects well and fills any room.

After 1-2 hours these fireworks do die down quite rapidly and so does the overall projection. This dramatic change could fool the mind of the user to feeling that the frag has just "gone". This certainly isn't the case.

Over the course of 8 hours, I've asked independent people to give there honest opinion of the scent and its potency on my skin, all of which where very positive. Yes the projection does not hold to the initial radius of the first couple of hours but it still projects adequately after this.

I do tend to go for fresh, citrusy scents, especially through the summer and I know not to expect longevity. My favourite scent this summer has been Acqua di Parma - Arancia di Capri. I did get a 150ml bottle of this in anticipation that it wouldn't last on my skin but surprisingly it held very well and in my opinion is one of the nicest summer scents n the market. In the evening I've been waring Creed Aventus, this never fails to attract compliments.

I love these two fragrances but 1872 is certainly in a different league. The scent feels so natural. At first there is a burst of exhilarating, awakening ingredients, like colourful brazilian carnival. After dried down, it is so fresh and light, but at the same time is still so sophisticated, with a beautifully synergy of fresh citrus, green & floral and a clean, almost powdery finish.

Is it worth £170 for 50ml? Maybe not, but this juice is absolutely stunning and for a fresh, lighter frag the longevity can not be shunned in my. I have quite a selection and this is certainly the nicest frag I own and I'm thoroughly looking forward waring it.

Scentica2009

Had a dilemma today between this, Tom Ford Tuscan Leather and Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud. Had to buy 50ml of this and I have to say, 7 hours after a couple of sprays and I have no regrets. Really fresh and deep defined notes. Got lots of compliments all ready....

amersa
amersa

CC nothing special except the price :).

kazewayz
kazewayz

Ummm.... Why is this so expensive? It's a normal scent. Nothing exciting. Good for a summer day that's about it. It's citrusy and fresh. Doesn't last long. Too expensive.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Personally, I feel the gender binary delineation for this and its sister fragrance is unnecessary - the 'female' version is much more appealing in my humble opinion - less stuffy, cloying, more green, citrus fresh and redolent of a beautiful summer morning when the fragrance you most covet is one that reflects beautiful greens and vibrant citruses - try both and see what you think...

mozartoliveira
mozartoliveira

The longevity is pretty bad. You have to reapply it every 4 hours.

velb95
velb95

I've ordered all 3 Clive Christian perfumes directly from CC website. It was my more expensive order of perfumes (EUR 1,500). I did it after I've got the samples of them from Bologna antique niche perfumery after I've ordered there CC 1872 perfume 30ml in crystal bottle (another EUR 650). When you wear the perfume of CC for the first time, you don't really like it (it's very different from all other perfumes, where the head notes are very pleasant and you immediately buy them, but after an hour, or even worse: after you've purchased it, you understand that you don't really like the main notes). Like I told here, CC perfumes are really different: you start to love them after you are wearing them at least for 30 min. So, ask for samples and try to wear them for a whole day, then decide if you like them. I'm sure you will!

Skorpion
Skorpion

Clive Christian 1872:
After testing once wanted to buy the legendary cologne. Green smells too much I'm not interested, but decided I liked to come in 1872!
After 10 years and after that I was at the Hermes boutique, I realized that Voyage d'Hermes similar to 1872 but with prices around $ 100 and not $ 800!
1872 cologne is balanced and green-peppery smell and longevity is pretty good, but that comes to those who are collectors cologne and perfumes like everyone to collect!
If you have not test it have not lost much.
Can cologne similar to the price it can find much cheaper.

K1
K1

It plays on my wrist and I found it an ordinary scent in super niche quality to my taste. It's just a routine Middle Eastern fragrances but maybe for an European it is a masterpiece. Plays a bit dark and heavy with that citric yummy pattern. But a random summery scent. It's well blended and smells citric fresh dark herbal in a soft way. Doesn't waste your money, if you crazy about it, better to steal it, you'll regret for the price you pay!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

1872 was describe to me by the fragrance sales person I have been going to for the past 4 years as "a refreshing, easy-to-wear perfume for every day and all occasions."

It is a masterpiece! If you want a true perfume and willing to pay $310 to $850 for a bottle. I will begin saving up for this one.

From the very first spray, you will be sent on a journey of citrus, green and spice notes. Every time you smell it, you will say: "this is what a true purfume is all about." Each note develops and blend with the previous one.

The perfume stays very close to the skin making it good for "every day and any occasion."

1872 Men by Clive Christian 4.27 out of 5 based on 99 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clive Christian 1872 Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Clive Christian 1872 Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 1872 Men by Clive Christian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 1872 Men by Clive Christian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.