Designers » C » « Groups

C for Men Clive Christian for men
dislike

oud
C for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures

C is a new fragrant pair by the house of Clive Christian which belongs to the Prive collection. The perfumes will first arrive on the market in Fortnum & Mason in UK on July 19th 2010. Starting from August 1st they will be available in the USA, as well.

Edition for men opens with green leaves and lemon. A heart adds jasmine and rose, while base notes encompass oud, amber and tonka.

The masculine version has somewhat greener aromas than the feminine one. The fragrances are created to complement each other and to develop slowly within 24 hours.

The flacons are coloured in amber nuances and have characteristic shape. They are available as 50 ml.

Amalfi Lemon Green Notes

Jasmine Rose

Amber Tonka Bean Agarwood (Oud)

Tuscan Leather

C for Men Fragrance Reviews

Osaka1983
Osaka1983

Amazing juice! The longevity is very good, and it has a sexy oud scent. It is similar to TF in The begining but it developes to a much better scent.

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

BEAST MODE!!! Fables are told of the greatness of this scent. I don't care how close it smells to TF Tuscan Leather, this monster is LEGIT! It last on my skin like a tick on a hill-billy. I don't blame anyone for stepping down to the TF alternative or even La Yaqawam or the Cobra an the Canary. To me, though this juice is worth the wallet shrinking squeeze.

I rarely talk about notes in my reviews as everyone else does, but the leather and raspberry tickle my nose like a goose down pillow! It makes me feel like I just added 6 zeroes to my bank account balance. My girlfriend rips my clothes off and rides me like the leather saddle I smell of. So, yeah, count me in the fold of disciples of this leathery beast named C! I am in LOVE!

My Score: 10

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

Breathtakingly gorgeous scent,words are not enough to describe this beauty even the bottle is fabulous.
This is a kind of adictive scent just like Black Afgano , once you start wearing it you cant stop .
Huge longevity but the scent goes delicate as time passes I can detect very adorable Jasmin & leather notes and you can feel the Vanilla note in the back stage adding somehow a creamy face to the Leather-Jasmin combo,but wait this is only the start of the alfocatory journey because this scent morphs into many different stages that is so complex to describe, I have to wear it more to understand this beauty.
Last point, although it is powerful scent I think it is suitable for the whole year day & night ,but it is soo marvelous to just use it as an every day fragrance.

ArkangeL

A complex pyramid of 30 notes. Upon entering it's structure, each impression draws you in deeper. Stunning from the start, with a charming and masculine finish. Liquid confidence delivered in a high concentration and remains with you as if it were your shadow. Rich as velvet and staining to the senses.

ArkangeL

Yes "quality over quantity", in terms of concentration. Pure perfume vs. Eau de Parfum. Longevity between the two are not equivalent. You're a lawyer, you can afford anything and Tuscan Leather is a God among fragrances. I think I get your point. No need for a cock fight, we all express opinions here. Being a lawyer, everything is competition I gather. I respect your opinion, as well as everyone else's here, but you speak of Clive as if its Avon.

By the way, I love Bois d'Encens and hate Clive "V".

ArkangeL

Thanks for the history lesson, but my review was for those who prefer "C" but put off by the value. Not once did I bash or belittle Tom Ford. I find Clive Christian to be overpriced as well, however I find the private line to be more complex. Frankly, the drydown can only be decided by the wearer as everyone's chemical makeup is different. You prefer Tuscan Leather and that's all good and well. With that said, this review was not directed towards you.

Quality or status?

One must consider such a question before considering the name "Clive Christian". Have you ever looked at a Zegna suit and thought, they ought to drop the price? Or a pair of Valentino shoes for that matter? Yes, Tuscan Leather and "C" come quite close, almost meeting in the middle. However, there is no alternative to what you like because an alternative simply wouldn't be the same. You can't substitute preference. I found Tom Ford Tuscan Leather to be dry, linear and focused on the leather note. Clive Christian "C" to my nose was warmer and more complex, due to the spices and resins. They're both excellent fragrances, but what it boils down to is concentration and note preference. A classic case of Dior Homme Intense and L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme. If you enjoy Clive Christian, don't seek out an alternative and if you're drawn to the masculine and animalic qualities of Tom Ford, don't seek out an alternative.

Phoenix1
Phoenix1

Whats hilarious is reading the "cheapies" on this feed complaining about the cost of something that is truly unique and special but yet, they don't mind spending 4 bucks a day on their Starbuck Latte's or buying a 5-600 dollar ipad or perhaps a 200 dollar pair of shoes (and probably have 8 pair at that price)....Price is relative to me and if price was taken OUT of the equation, would you want it then? To me the answer would be a resounding YES ! It's worth every penny and because its so well-made, you don't need 8 sprays like you do with the cheapie designer scents...Meaning, less is more...Those designer scents to me are weak in longevity and sillage but this stuff is RICH and you can smell why its so costly...If you want to stick with your Chrome crap, go right ahead...Im not knocking it, I don't judge people by how much they spend on perfumes....But if the price of this stuff was 70 bucks, I STILL think it would smell great...Price means NOTHING to me...But to complain about it is silly to me...When there are so many things that people blow money on that to me ISN'T WORTH IT...This one is...It's NOTHING like Tuscan Leather to me...And to say so is an insult...TL smells like a leather couch...Thats it....nothing more, nothing less...This stuff...ahhh...this stuff has so many different dimensions and twists and turns that keep you guessing, What's next ? The Oud, then the amber....And that tobacco, with a hint of sweetness...a smidget of rose pops up too....Man, if this isn't manly and sexy, I don't know what is....Do yourself a favor, go without your starbuck's for a few months to buy this stuff....You won't regret it....Trust me..

agigcbo
agigcbo

I definitely recognize that these are two different scents. 'C' is more complex and has more depth to it than Tuscan Leather. That much must be said.

However, I don't feel that the length of time and degree to which these two differ is enough to justify the price tag of 'C'.

I definitely get the tea notes, the citrus, etc. in the top. Then I get a phase where there is relatively no difference whatsoever between 'C' and Tuscan Leather. This phase lasts for quite some time and it's just full-on leather. Then I get a nice drydown that is mostly green, incense-y, and smoky.

The drydown is ok but I just don't believe a semi-fleeting beginning and a so-so drydown warrant the trouble and the $$. On my skin, there just isn't enough wow factor. I tend to agree with other reviewers who indicated that one is grossly overpriced and the other is simply overpriced.

Laurdess
Laurdess

I saw the price tag on this and thought.... Pay our national debt... Or smell like leather sneakers? Tough call.

octanemia
octanemia

This I couldn't resist! Love it.

Hanistein
Hanistein

I've try it
Remind me of 7Up

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

No getting around it: this and Tuscan Leather smell very much alike. (And they are both first cousins to Montal's Aoud Leather.)

But this is way overpriced, compared to Tuscan Leather which is merely overpriced.

The stuff smells great, however. Fantastic. $375/bottle great? No.

hr1364
hr1364

با سلام خدمت دوست عزیز اگه یه آماری از ادکلنای موجود رو با قیمتش برای من بفرستین ممنون میش
hamed.cris3@gmail.com

mrs2241

تستر کلیه محصولات کلیو با کیفیتی بیشتر از عادیش،با حجم 50 میل و بهای تقریبا نصف عادیش موجود میباشد...در صورت تمایل به خرید لطفا پیغام بگذارید

mrs2241

آخه من نمیدونم دلدرد دارن چیزی که بو نکردن،راجع بهش نظر میدن و میگن که شبیه یه ام 7 هست؟!! در این کار اصلا بوی عود وجود نداره و به عبارتی شبیه هیچ عطر عودی نیست...شباهت بسیار زیادی به توسکان لیدر داره ولی دودی تر و به مراتب مهندسی تر....

Fmorejon14
Fmorejon14

Imagine "C" being a Rolls Royce and tuscan leather being a cadillac. One is good but the other is Great. To my nose C is the rockstar from clive christian. C will step over any other scent it comes across on a night out. And people will be asking what are you wearing. Its loud its classy its sophisticated its smells wealthy.

Here Here @HAL9000 eloquently put!

I see the resemblance but as you quite rightly put they are also very different. This is one of my ALL TIME favorites and Tuscan Leather doesn't even really feature on my radar, despite being a fan of the TF Private Blend line.
If they were that identical you'd think I'd hold Tuscan Leather in higher regard?

Again just my opinion you should make up your own mind.

HAL9000
HAL9000

Come on, folks. Everyone should know that it is irresponsible for anyone to compare C vs TF Tuscan Leather on any level except for the very top notes simply based on store sprays on a paper strip or even on a 30-minute drydown. While this may be valuable information for some, it is SO terribly limited in scope and ultimately irrelevant for the vast majority of those who are able to appreciate these fragrances. As noted in prior commentary, the mid, base notes and longevity of these two fragrances are so completely different.

For those looking to purchase either of these, please pay little mind to comments that are shortsighted to such a large degree, as there is plenty of room in your collection for BOTH fragrances. Each is extremely well-crafted, wonderfully complex and mysterious, but in its own unique way. Don't EVER let the noses of others make unknowable personal olfactory and body chemistry decisions for you, and just as importantly, don't let others EVER make value judgements for you based on their own personal financial or other metrics.

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

Smells GREAT...just not great enough to pay so much for a pure parfum version of Tuscan Leather. I'll be ok with my flacon of TL...............but it DOES smell great.

I Love this!!!
No words really...
I liked X and thought that was my favourite but I had it confused with this one.
C is special...magical...enchanting.
I took the plunge and bought a bottle regardless of the price because I just had to have it never smelled anything like it.
Tom Fords Tuscan Leather is superb and definitely very similar but I prefer this as it just feels less heavy and more uplifting to me.
Genius!

regal.ca
regal.ca

A great fragrance to use in the evening for formal social functions. Reminds me of socialites at a cocktail party from a different era in England, yet manages to be modern at the same time.

I get hints of floral with tobacco, and a slight leather in the background. It does not smell at all like Tuscan Leather which to me smells more like a raw leather scent to be worn casually. C keeps developing long after Tuscan Leather is gone, and the smell of raspberries begin to emerge.

Overall an excellent fragrance, and one that I feel is worthy of its high price tag.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I found the reviews to be spot on with this one but I'd like to add a comment or two.

Smells like Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford = YES !

Better quality and drydown than TL = YES BUT NOT super strong in PROJECTION. What started out as an AMPED UP rendition of TL turns in a similar SOFT drydown. I give the advantage to Clive C but it isn't that much of a lead. That to me WAS DISAPPOINTING. At this price point it better shine for much longer.

Conclusion : I would consider purchasing something like this at the same price range as Tom Ford or even an Amouage but @ $375 for 5oml YOU B BUGGIN ! and that's without tax. GET REAL ! For 100ml of juice you might possible convince me to purchase this.

SDVHC
SDVHC

Discreet... nothing of more.

Veeraj34
Veeraj34

Just bought a CC c. It's really amazing. Smells extremely matured. I do possess TF tuscan leather and do agree that they smell the same. Even TF tuscan leather has a very long lasting longevity for almost 12 hours. Both of them are really superb.

Marco Chau

The decant of Tuscan Leather that I received from the Tom Ford counter must be fake; otherwise, there must be something wrong with my nose. How come CCC for Man and Tuscan Leather smelled so different to me while so many people said they smelled identical?

kazewayz
kazewayz

A fantastic scent. Smells identical to Tuscan Leather. Leathery, sweet, smoe rose in there, some woods in there. Too bad is too pricy, I'd rather get the less expensive Tuscan Leather which came out first and is quality. Delcious scent. Try it.

deadidol
deadidol

This is fantastic. There's a lot going on in it, but the blend is just wonderful. The incense, oud, and saffron are the most apparent notes to me, but they work beautifully. It's daring, yet extremely wearable.

This stuff is profoundly expensive, but the value does speak for itself when you give it a sniff. Great fragrance!

Bbjr
Bbjr

Agree this smells almost exactly the same as TF Tuscan Leather, with one difference. TF is pretty much gone in an hour, "C" stays with you for days, as in more than one. A truly amazing scent. Worth the money? Well, you only need one spray for the whole day and the bottle will most likely last ten times longer than any other. So, yes, worth the price. The changes in the dry down are mesmerizing, I wonder what's next.

Marco Chau

26 hours, the oud is still kicking beautifully.

Marco Chau

A fragrance that any men looking for something classy and exotic must have. One spray on me lasted for over 20 hours and the oud just kept on going and going.

Post note: Clive Christian's fragrance are all very complex and the oud in this fragrance is really superior. Never wear it while you are trying other oud based fragrance because they will never be this good.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

A complete and surprisingly shameless ripoff of Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather.

begosh
begosh

Oud and rose heavy on the first run .very classy perfume..

nasser8383
nasser8383

Smell: 8/10

for long run its better than TUSCAN LEATHER in every thing!!

LookGoodSmellBetter
LookGoodSmellBetter

More than anything I smell smoked raspberries and a slight hint of leather. The Oud smells both sexual and regal. It almost feels like talking dirty in a tuxedo while stepping out of a limousine.

dmoman
dmoman

Sampled this at a store and ehhhhummm yeah, extremely difficult to wear. Great longevity done get any on your cloths. Sillage is great. But the scent is is just very bold so is this it reminds me o being around a campfire. This isn't something you smell on someone ever, it just too weird and out of place but I respect the art.

walkdogg
walkdogg

In Las Vegas this weekend while at the Nieman Marcus fragrance counter I was able to smell this impressive scent by Clive. This is a beautiful and intriguing scent that is very impressive and far from pedestrian in a world of bland.

The SA at the counter next sprayed Tom Fords "Tuscan Leather" on an identical strip and gave it to me to smell.

IDENTICAL. Literally IDENTICAL.

We called over the in-store Tom Ford SA and gave the anonymous strips for her to smell. She COULD NOT tell us which was the Clive and which was the Tom Ford.

Adding an interesting spin to this, I heard from some other people at the counter that Tuscan Leather smells just like cocaine. (I cannot confirm this).

If it is true that Tuscan Leather smells like the cocaine and Clive Christian's "C" smells like "Tuscan Leather"...than is it interesting to anyone else that Clive named his scent "C"?

-just sayin'-

LordByron
LordByron

Phenominal,I have CC no.1, X and 1872, but had decided I had moved on since getting these parfumes. Recent favourites and wishlists are from the stables of Tom Ford, Creed and Amouage.

Today I was in selfridges and they had the old brigade of Clive Christian CC parfumes that I have, and with them on show was "C" and "V" for men, so while I was there I thought what the hell I'll try them just so I'd know what they're like, not expecting them to be so good, and so contemporary.

The two are similar in some respects yet so different, "C" has less depth than "V" which a much more mature and deeper fragrance, "C" is shallower in composition but makes up for it with a highly honed rapier thrusting at you from the offset, this lasts some time untill it begins to fade around 6hrs from application, "V" just keeps giving and in my mind it doesn't reach it's best until 2hrs in when a fully rounded ensemble surrounds you and in intoxicating music.

Hell "C" and "V" are the best outright positive impact to parfum I have experienced, this includes my first introductions to Amouage Epic Man, similarly with Creed Aventus, hell no they were head and shoulders above even these excellent parfumes.

I have started saving for them right now and put some of my other wants and wishes on hold CC I am Back!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

**Sorry this is so long!! but for this its necessary!!**

I had my partner try this one in Neimans... Holy smokes! Amazing stuff. Development time though takes a while though. He sprayed each one of his wrists and for the next 1.5 hours we were both on a really amazing olfactory trip.

It changes and morphs quite a bit, and the changes it was making on his skin was amazing. I really didn't think it would change so much, but it did.

In the very beginning I smelled juicy citrus, and thyme. I knew it was thyme because I grow plenty of it. The first sprays are actually scary sweet, at least to my nose. I was surprised by that. But became quite clear soon after that this was not a teenage juice!

Among its morphs, there was a cedar, lemony/citrus aspect in the after its rather interesting beginning along with the punchy tobacco note that that actually stayed there on his skin for a small amount of time. (cigar smokers will understand where I'm coming from)

I really loved this particular stage, even though the oud still stayed in the background. In fact, if it had stopped morphing right here, I would have been quite happy. I found that to be a very interesting combination; clean but not clean.

The rose really wasn't there until about midway through our walk, and thats where you could smell it coming ahead along with the leather and oud notes.

The Oud stayed pretty firmly in the background for a while which kind of surprised me. This Oud, from what I experienced, needs heat to really make it come out of its shell (you'll see why I say this later on)

Though I could smell it in the juice, it kept its distance. Now, once we were out in the heat of the parking lot and in the car, it really stood up and shook hands with you! I was like "Hi I've arrived!!"

However this is an excellent Oud; I liken it to the one in Christian Dior Leather Oud, slight horses stable, but well married to the juice its in.

The leather, the tobacco, the oud, the rose.. heaven, sheer heaven. On his skin I still got the small amount of herbalness that I enjoy so much in the beginning stages, but no citrus at all. The oud really shined on the ride home. We forwent air conditioning to see just how far it would go and boy did it!

Longevity is something I'll have to come back and update on, but I will agree that with this perfume, little goes a very long way. He may have overdone it with 2 wrists!

In conclusion, with this scent, patience is a virtue, while it takes a long time to fully develop, but the twists and turns it makes in its development are very intriguing.

This perfume morphs into so many different ones that you might have smelled, but still remained its own unique thing. While I may say it smelled like xy or z, when it reached another stage of development, it would be something else yet again.

Now of course, its a matter of, is it really worth the money. The only person that can make that determination is the purchaser. I cant see myself paying that much for something like it, but, I can see why others would.

thomasrainy
thomasrainy

The best perfume that I have ever smelled... Leather, tobacco are dominating. Like the best quality cigar's fume with spices and very light our and rose... :) it is amazing!!!

$$
$$

Starts and ends with oud a little musky at first combined with rose but soon it changes into a smooth sweet polite smell of tonka and amber very nice.i keep smelling raspberries too.It last for all day!!The most exspensive $!it i ever bout but its special and unique.SMELL LIKE MONEY!!

One year later.
Tuscan Leather and C Men are, at casual acquaintance, the same for the first 5 hours.

C Men grows more addictive. Tuscan Leather less.
In all ways, other than price, C Men is much better.
Tuscan Leather is very expensive C Men an extortionate bargain.

Scentrist
Scentrist

NevilleM has the notes down cold, and while there are comparisons between this and Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, simply put they are NOT the same thing. Not even the same composition other than the core leather notes and a couple of surrounding elements.

C has a lot going on at once. I'll admit my own hesitancy at the price, but the proof is right there in the bottle. The strength and longevity on C is incredible! There is also much more complexity, so those subtle nuances such as the rose and raspberry in the heart and the tobacco and oudh in the base are far more captivating than even Tuscan Leather. And yes, this is also a pure perfume. Granted you could purchase almost 5 times as much of the Tom Ford as the Clive Christian, that isn't quite the point. When you can smell them side-by-side, you'll truly be able to distinguish which is which.

Tuscan Leather is a fantastic fragrance without question. While there are similarities, C is definitely not the same fragrance. Where Tuscan Leather is a great daily wearer, C is that special occasion fragrance with that x-factor that breaks the envelope.

alain
alain

I really have shocked when i smell it...shame on Clive christian brand to try to copy other fragrance trend. It is identical to Tom Ford Tuscan leather...very strange. If they can't invent something new , why they go in this dirction?? I can buy Tuscan leather and it is much cheaper.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Definitely a Parfum! Its scent can fill a room with just a small spritz the size of a dime.

Alas, it must be my head cold, because I was intrigued, but irritated by it. All I kept smelling was a field of flowers smothered in jam set before a funeral pyre! I also got the association with Tom Ford's Italian Cypress, but much more dark and without the disco vibe I get with Tom Ford's creation. Gonna give it another try next time because my nose was picking up such a kray-kray combination. In a way, I kinda consider it a goth-like scent.

**EDIT** Head cold gone now, and I would consider this for a purchase for its longevity and the smell of great quality in its opening and middle notes. Big HOWEVER, though. As you get into the final stages of the scent, it goes a bit flat, and starts smelling synthetic like that of Paco Rabanne One Million. I do like One Million, but hey, if I'm gonna spend close to $400 on a bottle, it's gotta win me all the way. Would consider a purchase of C if I can find it in a smaller tester or travel bottle for cheaper.

C for Men
50ml Parfum

Top Notes: white thyme, tea, green leaves, lemon, mate, elemi (resin with honey like, grassy, minty aroma), mandarin

Heart Notes: Jasmine, rose, cardamon, raspberry, cinnamon, clove, cistus (rock rose), saffron, orris,

Base Notes: oudh, amber, cedarwood, tobacco absolute, musk, vanilla, leather, cypress, treemoss, styrax, costus (snow lotus), tonka bean, olibanum (frankincense), guaiacwood

The instant I smelt this I knew it was something special. After the initial top notes it isn't long before meeting the predominant characteristics of what I'd describe as raspberries wrapped in an expensive tobacco. Longevity is huge, maybe due to it being a parfum strength. So good, so complex, so expensive - I may have to consider buying even at this price.

C for Men by Clive Christian 4.48 out of 5 based on 113 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clive Christian C for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Clive Christian C for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify C for Men by Clive Christian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of C for Men by Clive Christian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.