Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

No. 1 Clive Christian for men

No. 1 Clive Christian for men
dislike

No. 1 Clive Christian for men Pictures No. 1 Clive Christian for men Pictures No. 1 Clive Christian for men Pictures No. 1 Clive Christian for men Pictures No. 1 Clive Christian for men Pictures No. 1 Clive Christian for men Pictures No. 1 Clive Christian for men Pictures No. 1 Clive Christian for men Pictures No. 1 Clive Christian for men Pictures No. 1 Clive Christian for men Pictures

Created with no cost spared, No 1 represents the ‘non plus ultra’ of British luxury. It uses the rarest and most precious ingredients, both for the fragrance as well as the bottle. Decorated with a white brilliant-cut diamond, its bottle makes No 1 the ultimate luxury perfume.

Available in luxury pure parfum bottle of 30ml and 50 ml eau de parfum.

In collaboration with Baccarat, the most prestigious name in the world of crystal, the famous English designer offers a No 1 limited edition: a matchless crystal bottle, enriched with an 18-carat gold inset containing a 5-carat brilliant cut diamond. A magnificent celebration of the fragrance and of the bottle: so magnificent that it received the UK FIFI award for special packaging in 2006.

No. 1 was launched in 2001.

Lime Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Cardamom Nutmeg Paprika Caraway Artemisia

Clive Christian

Lime Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Cardamom Nutmeg Paprika Caraway Artemisia

Lily of the Valley Rose Jasmine Iris Ylang Ylang Heliotrope

Virginia Cedar Wood Sandalwood Vetiver Vanilla Tonka Amber Musk

Launched in 2001, and earning a UK FIFI Award for the design of the baccarat crystal bottle alone - not the scent - this is an expensive piece of garbage. I am wearing it because it's been on me for Thanksgiving as a friend of mine gave it to me as a gift but I'm going to wrap it up and make it into a Christmas present for a friend. This is not my type of perfume. I hate to write a critically negative review and always find at least one thing to like about a fragrance. But this time there were too many dislikes.
First of all the price ranges from 800 and up, and frankly I'd rather smell of an Avon perfume, or Stetson by Coty LOL This fragrance is dull and predictable and it's only merit is the unisex body.

The top notes consist of citruses: sharp mandarin orange peel, and grapefruit galore. Fresh and sweet, with paprika mingling with grapefruit & spices of caraway and nutmeg. The scent smells fruity-spicy-floral. The floral heart is composed of rose, lily of the valley, ylang ylang heliotrope and jasmine. These flowers are normally found in women's fragrances. I don't think the flowers are interesting enough nor complex. There is no rose scent or heliotrope. I get mostly ylang ylang and a bit of jasmine. The florals seem to turn into a powder for a little bit.

Before long the masculine notes appear in the dry down which is where the base notes make their appearance. Vetiver, musk, and woodsy notes. This is a somewhat aromatic and woodsy vanilla dry down. But still it's not enough to get me excited. I prefer the dry down to something like Aramis Devin. This is woodsy but the florals and the fruit are the major players. Some men will find this too feminine. For it's price and all the hype, it's not worth it. There are much better frags from quality and expensive houses like CREED KILIAN and TOM FORD. So stick to any of those houses for better fragrances at pricy prices.

This stuff is not worth the price or the packaging. This is the opposite of some great drug store fragrances like Emeraude which smell expensive at a cheap price. This stuff smells CHEAP AT AN EXPENSIVE PRICE.

I'm done.

Jean B Grenouille
Jean B Grenouille

A scent full of contrasts. For men yet feminine leaning and defined by its wonderful floral heart. Fresh yet indolic with prominent ylang, powdery iris and heliotrope. Gentle musky woods lead the floral bouquet into soft oriental territory.

Very much like Roja's Britannia, No1 is a scent for a self-assured and relaxed gentleman who enjoys the more delicate, sweeter, floriental side of perfume art. There is a fine air of Chanel as well and an overall vintage touch telling stories of better times: a bygone age where gentle mannerism was the expression of masculinity and kindness, restrained temperament and generosity of a man were valued as his greatest assets. No1 is not a perfume to show off with; haters would never understand that No1 is not worn to brag but out of respect toward one's company - be it for afternoon tea, or being Best Man. The strength of No1 is just perfect; everpresent like an aura and as reliable a company as one's own shadow.

Very much the perfect scent because it gives back so much.

nightwolf001
nightwolf001

The best way I can describe this is that it smells almost like a unisex or woman's perfume that becomes a man's cologne when it dries down. The opening notes is very floral and smell strongly of jasmine, then when it dries down in an hour or two, it becomes very masculine with the woody notes. Longevity is long lasting and sillage is moderate on me. I'll wear this in the summer where it can dry down faster. It really does smell nice once it dries down, but I don't think it justifies the price. Not something I would buy again.

GenuineR30
GenuineR30

I can truly understand the hate/love relationship that people seem to have for Clive Christian No.1 for men. I used to be one of those haters but now I'm lover. I don't know whether it's because my senses have changed or maybe it's that I never gave this scent a chance. Personally, I think this scent is misunderstood and it needs to be worn in a certain way. If your reviews/opinions on this scent are based on the first 10 minutes of its development, then you're not going to be satisfied. If you wear this on a cold, winter day, or evening, then you're probably not going to experience the pinnacle of its peak.

There are some people out there chasing that perfect scent paradox, constantly in search for the creme de la creme of scents. I think there is more to an amazing scent than just how it smells.

**The smaller the portion, the higher the price, the harder it is to obtain, the right season/climate, the right age of the wearer, and the right ingredients, the quality of its notes. When all these facets are met you enter a private club, a league of extraordinary perfumers that separate themselves from the norm.

It is true that this scent does resemble an "old grandma perfume". This scent is expensive "ridiculously overpriced". I think because these tend to be two of the most common reviews about No.1, it turns people off. You almost want to hate it before you've even given it a chance with perceptions such as those.

I'm not going to give you a breakdown of how this smells to me. A scent like this needs to be experienced. The best information I can provide you with is to buy a 1ml sample and try it on during the warm summer months or in warmer hemispheres/climates. I've had women who have smelled this on a test strip and found it to be absolutely repulsing and I've also had the very same women smell it on me and have commented "OMG what are you wearing, you smell amazing".

Like I said get a sample... Pick a hot day or a tropical environment and wear it. I suggest applying it sparingly because too much will be a little over powering to the wearer. I would say this scent is more fitting for men ages 25-50. Try it and if you still don't like it, get your nose checked.

kalmutai
kalmutai

This fragrance represents the absolute disappointment. I don't see it as a worthy buying by all means let alone an overpriced expensive one. The only note that you'd notice is powder and nothing else.

Fakeedoctor
Fakeedoctor

Excellent smell. I saw that my friends(His name is Mevlüt H.) and I first sniffed. He is a medical student. Very very lazy. He is in a huge debt because of to buy this fragrance. at the moment can not pay. He was planning to sell the kidneys. "Atheist man should smell like, looks great," he said to me. I think that Muslim men should use it.

K1
K1

Oh boy! I really can't tolerate monotone ylang ylang. This exotic plant has the least deep scent in entire perfume realm that smells like hookers' cheap lipstick and perfume.

No1 men's heart smells exactly like that. However the opening has more interesting features as it opens powdery and pseudo-aldehydic like Chanel-No5-smelling laundry powder. Very strong tenacity, so as projection.

وای پسر! واقعا نمیتونم اجرای مونوتونیک یلانگ یلانگ رو تحمل کنم. این گیاه اگزوتیک ناعمیق ترین رایحه رو توی دنیای عطر داره که بویی شبیه بوی رژلب و عطر درب و داغون میده

قلب عطر نامبر وان مردونه دقیقا این گُل رو دنبال میکنه. هرچند از اونجایی که شروعش با حس پودری و رایحۀ شبیه-آلدهیدی باز میشه، یه خرده بهتره اما اون هم بوی پودر لباس شویی میده که از شنل شماره 5 ساخته شده! موندگاری و پخش بوی خیلی بالایی داره

jhitt793
jhitt793

The composition opens with a hesperidic burst utilizing bergamot, lime, and Sicilian mandarin, which are gently mixed with spices of cardamom, nutmeg, caraway, and artemisia. The opening is certainly robust, and dare I say cloying and somewhat off putting initially. Heady florals dominate the second phase of Clive Christian's 'No. 1'. Muguet, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris and heliotrope create a floral bouquet which initially rings very feminine for a male branded fragrance. Within this floral accord it is the exotic and indolent ylang-ylang which pierces through most prominently. Its searing yellow-floral scent is tamed by the powdery heliotrope and iris. In the base cedar, sandalwood, vetiver, amber, tonka bean and vanilla create a warm, sensuality. One is still able to notice the proceeding sweet florals, yet their femininity has been subdued by the musky, woody basenotes. It is here that the fragrance is at its most captivating.

For me, Clive Christian's 'No. 1' is all about contradictions. Here is a masculine fragrance utilizing an abundance of feminine florals. It is at once fresh and hesperidic, and then rich and oriental. Initially clean, powdery and later somewhat dirty and indolic. Unabashedly luxurious and original, I am hard pressed to compare 'No. 1' to any previously experienced fragrance of recent memory. Both elegant and refined, this composition seems perfect to be worn for a special and/or formal occasion. Its sillage, projection, and longevity are superb upon initial application, becoming average after one hour into the dry down. Due to its over reliance of floral heart notes, this can easily be considered unisex and worn by women. Many men may find it too feminine to personally own. I must admit my first reaction to smelling 'No. 1' was not a pleasant one. I found the overly harsh and cloying citrus, floral opening to be garish and obtrusive. With patience, the fragrance magically transformed itself into something quite beautiful after 30-60 minutes. I've learned to never again judge another scent based upon the initial few seconds after it being sprayed. Certainly it must live and breathe upon the skin first, allowing its full splendor to unfurl itself for our senses to adequately behold in its finest.

Read my complete in depth review at my personal fragrance blog
Fragranceemergency.blogspot.com

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

I've seen more expensive perfumes.

I find that form of advertising so tacky.
I want to love this brand I really do. Interesting heritage, beautiful bottles. I love gold etc. But when something has value it becomes expensive. Just because something is expensive, does not mean it is important. I dunno, it's all subjective. I have seen some lower priced selections and I have loved them.

If something has value, just simply charge what it is worth. But to go around bragging is a sign of an underlying weakness.

Having said all that, I don't mind this fragrance. Smells good.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Old womans powdery parfume. Not something I would wear.

AlmalkiJeme

انه الكمال العطري باختصار
يستحق ثمنه ليتميز من يرتديه

ZELJO
ZELJO

I do have better things in life to spend 900 euros rather than in an edp...

harmoniousdreama
harmoniousdreama

Although this perfume really does turn into something rather special and unique eventually, for the price it commands, I think it should smell incredible from the very second it leaves the bottle and hits your skin. The fragrance opens with a pungent smell reminiscent to something I can imagine my great great grandmother would probably have enjoyed. I just don't think its acceptable to have to endure a harsh opening and wait over an hour to enjoy the fruits of this perfume. Unfortunately Clive Christian seem to have put all their effort into making the world's most expensive perfume, shame it isn't anywhere near the world's best.

Rerik
Rerik

No. 1 claims itself to be the most expensive perfume.
It isn´t. This comparison is as wise as its wearer.
Clive starts with a weird smell of body powder from the 80´s and settles down within 30 minutes to cinnamon icing sugar.
It´s too feminine and generic but pleasant.
There are better and more masculine alternatives.
1. Alternative:
Maxim's pour Homme Maxim`s de Paris for men
2. Alernative:
Heritage Guerlain for men

3. All in all almost similar character:
Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse

Chri76
Chri76

A fragrance without character, linear, simple and monotonous as an air freshner ... in a word ... useless...
The advertising on the bottle is embarrassing... Foolishly snob...

sum888er
sum888er

smells like an old womans parfume. it could be nice if the opening was not so feminine. the price also is ridiculous

onlymynoseknows
onlymynoseknows

I sprayed this on my wrist in a store to figure out why this fragrance is so expensive.

Personally this smells really old fashioned. I recognized that the ingredients are high quality but the blend is so boring and old fashioned. This fragrance is totally not sexy and it doesn't suit me.

I asked 10 ladies about their opinion and all of them are not impressed by it. Most of them said its boring. I told them the price after they have sniffed. They could not believe that this boring stuff is so expensive. Maybe its the bottle but the fragrance is so much overpriced.

Believe me you can better buy all your favourite designer fragrances instead of 1 bottle of this kitchy stuff.

atsk
atsk

I had very high expectations of this perfume and if you have such a high expectations, there is also a very high chance that you will get disappointed. When you initially know that this is the so-called most expensive perfume in the world, you do not expect something like the mass market fragrances but rather a high-quality classic perfume.

When I sprayed this one on my wrists, I smelled an old-fashioned, classic but definitely a satisfying perfume. Just as I thought it would be. But was it so spectacular that I would pay that price? Definitely not! Would I bought this when it was cheaper? No. Would I even wear this when it was for free? Perhaps.

And the most surprising was the text on the package: “The worlds most expensive perfume”. With such a brilliant marketing, you are guaranteed that you will sell it to a very specific niche market, whether the perfume is good or not.

abdooelfake
abdooelfake

i smelled it in clive christian store but there is some thing weird about it i cant remember its scent very well but i think its too woody much than floral but i like it

juji
juji

I was gifted a tiny sample from the manufacturer. It IS lovely, but wow...for THAT price tag? I don't know....even IF I could buy it I would probaly spend my perfume dollars on some other beautiful scents. Just didn't seem to knock me over , really....all I got was a creamy floral, it "did" have something that kept me intrigued for sure. And to be honest, IF I were to be honest with myself, that intrigue may have been only because I was thrilled to actually be trying on the brand.

myonlyvice
myonlyvice

Anonymous Women's perfume Circa 1970's. It's not as sweet, but still not a man's cologne. Buy it if you want to brag about the price tag, but not for the scent.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

this smells amazing, loving it... definitely a quality smell

soapy aldehyde floral / citrus opening without being an overload... after the fragrance calms down rose softly unfolds mixed with ylang ylang creates warm sweetness without taking over (reminds me of Tom Ford Cafe Rose at this stage)

the dry down is powdery, woody / ambery, & vanilla

would one buy an official 50ml bottle of this..... yes. if you love, I mean really love this fragrance why not..... as long as you're buying it out of love and not its tag as "the worlds most expensive perfume" snobbery can turn even the most beautiful fragrance ugly or the person can make it unattractive

but watching interviews with Victoria Christian and how she describe the fragrance line.... the line is aimed more towards fragrance lovers, perfumistas, & collectors than your average cologne / perfume buyer

George Ch.
George Ch.

In my opinion No. 1 from Clive Christian is the best perfume I have ever smelt. It's scent is unique and it's sillage is enormous it lasts 12 hours minimum in my skin. It's a fragrance that every time I wear it I feel happy (it makes me happy because it brings memories to me, although every time I wear it I am receiving a lot of compliments for my perfume so I can understand that the others love it as I do). As for the price I don't believe that we must measure everything with money, and art is one of those things (also perfumery). I don't regret for my choice at all, but this depends in everybody's will. (I put it an overall 11 / 10)

Doddsy
Doddsy

I was given the travel pack for men as a present and when trying the No1 I was very surprised that this is classed as a Mans scent, this is totally feminine and smells mainly of floral scents. I can't see how any man could pull this off without anyone assuming that they were wearing a unisex or women's perfume.

Maybe i got a fake set, so will be taking a trip down to Harrods and test it there.

I would say that you can tell the ingredients used were top notch and the packaging was very classy i don't think you can fake this product so maybe i do have a legit travel set but the scent doesn't work well on my skin.

keedon
keedon

Being a serious perfumista has its side effect: you simply don't get wow-ed anymore, or so you think...

It is difficult for me to be amazed the way I was many moons ago when giants like Dior Homme was fisrt sniffed. I thought it is a long lost sensation, until I tried this perfume, No.1 for Men. Now when you brand a perfume as the WORLD'S MOST EXPENSIVE fragrance, you will almost immediately get haters. Guilty as charged I was one of them, sceptical as ever. Never really gave this fragrance a chance to prove itself in retrospect, until recently when I was strolling in the mail waiting for my lady (eternity by definition), I walked past a shelf of Clive and so thought, what the hell, and picked up No.1 Men, dosed myself a spray expecting nothing more than another disappointment. To my surprise, I was wow-ed.

This fragrance began with a lush of florals that transported me back to the Victorian era. I can almost see the nobles and royals mingling around each another. It is very pleasant and I started smelling myself non-stop. Dashed another spray to my chest and there it is again! Simply beautiful. A gentleman's scent truely. When I rejoined with my lady the first thing she said was this, word for word in awe, "what magic did you spray, because you need more!" I had another compliment by a stranger as we rode the lift down to the carpark. Then another one as at the ticket booth. By the end of the day, it was clear; this has to be purchased. Mind you I live in Asia, where people don't even apologise let alone compliment a stranger, so it was a huge shocker for me to land so many in 1 day, with 3 sprays of No.1.

Now I understand the primary concern behind this fragrance; its crazy price. Almost around 12usd/ml. But if you are reading this, this means you are considering, so hear me out: don't walk away, there are cheaper options! I bought a tester bottle from UAE for 8usd/ml. Came with cap too. There was another listing for 6usd/ml but the mail was slightly too much for my destination. Bottomline, you can definitely get it cheaper. Do not give up on this fragrance like I did, for it is truly, No.1.

Okay so it's ridiculously priced but lets just get past that gimmick and judge it on it's merits.
It has real merits! Boy does this thing smell good and unique the note progression changes by the second right under your nose, a true sign of quality and complexity.
No.1 is so complex in fact it's hard to pick out the notes Ylang ylang is distinctive in the top notes and sandalwood is obvious but the rest is a curious floral, amber and strong musk mixture. The drydown is nice and soft but deep and long lasting as you'd expect.
I for one like No.1 because it's very interesting but I'm not crazy about it either.
The unfortunate thing about the price it is another factor that it rules me out of ever buying it. It's above the threshold of what I deem to be exceptable for 50mls of fragrance but it's all relative if you love it and can afford it.

wonderlife
wonderlife

Smells exactly like my grandmothers Chanel N°5, no joke. What is funny is the f-ing price tag. I mean really?! Completely ridiculous... but potent. This thing is STRONG.

Laurdess
Laurdess

I dont know?? Gosh, feed an entire needy country... Or wear this perfume? Absolutely laughable. Hey I have $9000.00 shoe laces I should sell.

hr1364
hr1364

با سلام خدمت دوست عزیز اگه یه آماری از ادکلنای موجود رو با قیمتش برای من بفرستین ممنون میش
[email protected]

nemesis76
nemesis76

Normally I would add some humor to my reviews to keep you reading along. But this is some seriously expensive fragrance people are buying here. All I can really say is if you want to buy a car for over $100,000 or $10,000 for a gold ring then go for it. For around $800 or $1200 No. 1 Clive Christian is a nice fragrance but I admit I rarely wear it. I got it for free yet it just sits there more like a decoration or trophy on my counter rather than a cologne. The longevity and sillage are average at best although lately its been pushing above average...like if my body is evolving and getting used to the scent.

The smell is a bit overwhelming by floral notes but thank goodness the warm spices do kick in after the initial spray. The sandalwood and nutmeg I recognize a mile away and it sticks around between 4 to 6 hours on my skin before it wears out. It is very unique and I admit none of my colognes smell like this... but elegant? Maybe I do not know what elegance smells like but overall a good scent. Is it worth the extra money? Sadly in my opinion no but if you got the cash to burn then get it! For now I will stick to my Creed Aventus and the much cheaper Magman.

8 out of 10

mrs2241

تستر کلیه محصولات کلیو با کیفیتی بیشتر از عادیش،با حجم 50 میل و بهای تقریبا نصف عادیش موجود میباشد...در صورت تمایل به خرید لطفا پیغام بگذارید

prodigy
prodigy

Not worth 800 dollars. X is the best in the line up. Dropped $375 for it today. Be warned the smell is addictive.

Guest_SDVHC
Guest_SDVHC

Like for almost all the other C. Ch. line, price totally unjustified for a perfume not much more that discreetly good.

Only for rich in love of this perfume; the other people pass without regrets beyond...

LANIER
LANIER

I did not loose my head over “Clive Christian No.1 for Men”. This perfume, this house is legendary for having a reputation of being the most exclusive and expensive perfume in all the land. Regal and extravagant in its presentation in a golden Baccarat crystal bottle topped with a five carat diamond it is indeed a very beautiful package fit for a king. It received the 2006 FIFI award for packaging and presentation and deservedly so. Alas I found what comes in that sumptuous bottle to be an empty olfactory experience. The banquet hall is deserted. The king is dead.

It is not a bad scent by any means but simply ordinary and fleeting at best in longevity. On my skin it dies in its youth lasting at most an hour. At these prices heads should roll for not living up to the hype.

The house claims to use the very best and most expensive of ingredients and I am sure they do but these notes do not come together with anything original, memorable or remarkable. The fragrance opens in a citrus and spice blend of lime, Mandarin Orange, grapefruit, and cardamom, nutmeg, artemisia, caraway that comes off to me as a simple orangeade soda pop. This fizzles out within seconds of hitting the skin.

The central notes of rose, lily of the valley, iris, ylang-ylang and heliotrope is simply a floral muddle to my nose. It struggles to bloom only do wither into my skin so swiftly as to make it near impossible for me to explore and enjoy what should be happening at this point. There is hardly a dry down where there are supposed to be notes of vanilla, Virginia cedar, vetiver, Tonka bean, musk and sandalwood. My skin very rarely eats a fragrance alive but on every testing of No.1 it swallowed the fragrance in one hungry gulp.

There are other Clive Christian perfumes out there to be explored and I do hope to find one that is more giving and generous than No.1 has proven to be. We shall see if the house of Clive Christian does have a perfume worthy of a king’s ransom. If not, then off with his head!

CLIVE CHRISTIAN NO.1 3 BRONZE STARS (TWO FOR PRESENTATION, ONE FOR FRAGRANCE)

(For the story behind my review check out my fragrance blog Scents Memory)

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Sampled it the other day. MAJOR disappointment.
Yes, I can smell the expensive, good quality ingredients, but you can still be a 'bull in a china shop' and to me it is very unharmonious and rather jarring, like the orchestra rehearsing amongst themselves before the concert starts.
You can tell the individual notes/ quality ingredients but they do not "sing from the same hymn sheet".

Amouage "Gold" does a better story-telling IMHO.

4/10. :-(

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

EDIT:
How wrong was I when I thought CC1 for Men was not my cup of tea back in March 2013. After getting the travel set consisting 10ml of it and wearing it for a few times, I would say CC1 for Men is perfectly the kind of fragrances I enjoy and love. I want more and seriously thinking of getting a 50ml bottle as soon as I finish my 10ml bottle. (March 21, 2014)

***********************************************

I smell high quality ingredients in this fragrance and understand why it is so expensive, which can be of many reasons; however, it is just not what I want. On the other hand, CC1 for Women is everything and it is so good that I bought it at the spot. I didn't get the full size bottle then as US$850/50ml was really too much to spend on one fragrance but did get the travel set of 10ml each of 1872 and X and No 1 for women for US$250, which is more affordable.

As a lover of CC fragrances and happy owner of C for men, X for men, No 1 for women, 1872 for women and X for women, IMO I think No 1 for men is just too 'manly' to my taste. I'm by no mean saying No 1 for men is not a good fragrance as it is just not me. However, I must point out that CC fragrances are made with mostly high quality natural ingredients and they need time to develop on your skin. You would be amazed how some of CC fragrances developed or I should say opened after you had them on for a few hours.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Sooooo being a complete fragrance junkie, I ordered the 3 sample sizes just to try this. Well, it is lovely, and while I'm not as adept as explaining all different notes I will try to explain my experience on day 1. Boy, I was excited to get this box! I couldn't rip the cellophane off quick enough. I grabbed that gold bottle! SPRAY!! Yes, yes, yes....it's very good, very lovely, very rich.....but....and I hate to have to add the but, because we all don't want a big but :D Anyways, I've had it on about 6 hours now, and I can't smell it on me, but perhaps others can. I will test it one day when I am out and about and see if I get compliments. To me, for 800 bucks for a FB, there is NO WAY I am ever going to pay that. It's just not that unique. To my nose and experience and reaction to the juice, I found that Gold by Amouage is much better. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I suppose if you are married to a rock star, or a socialite then you can wear this. Even if I were in that status, there's many more gems out there that smell rich and lovely i.e. Amouage line. Give them a try. I would say Gold comes close to this, even better. I see the first review says it smells like Bvlgari pour Femme, and it does sort of to my nose. Gold and this smell similar with Gold being in my opinion being in the No. 1 spot.

Chanel N°5
ای کاش به همین اندازه خوش بو و با کیفیت هست، دوام داشت...

LookGoodSmellBetter
LookGoodSmellBetter

Sadly, I'm still standing and my socks are firmly adhered to my feet. Though I'm far from wealthy in the monetary sense of the word I have never thought to register a complaint concerning the cost of a fragrance. If I love it I'll buy it regardless of the expense. That being said, I can't find anything about this fragrance that justifies it being worthy of the price of Clive Christian's C for men let alone the ridiculous price it retails for. I understand that the absolute best quality ingredients were used. The only problem, in my opinion, the overall experience does nothing to reflect that. Just because you take the best caviar, the most premium cut of Kobe and The Hope Diamond and mix in a blender with shaved ice from atop Mt. Everest and add Cristal and 1858 Cuvée Leonie and serve it in a snifter doesn't make it a fine cocktail. I have great respect and admiration for the artistry that goes into an overall composition but this is clearly a case of the whole being less than the sum of its parts.

Logos1959
Logos1959

It's luxurious, sumptuous, pleasantly present though not overwhelming. Is it worth its high price? It depends at which angle you take your point of view. For those who can not afford it, it sure is undecently high priced. For those who can afford it, it's worth every penny.

One of the best fragrances I have in my extensed collection. Only to be beaten by its closest "relative": the No.1 Jubilee.

unwrittencode
unwrittencode

Decent cologne, price tag is ridiculous, shouldn't be more than $100 USD

LordByron
LordByron

I won't be saying too much about this perfum, out of all my Clive Christian's (CC's) this is the most disapointing when you take into account it's ridiculous price tab, It isn't always true you see that "you get! what you pay for!".

After dry down No.1 is far too floral for me to be a male fragrance, for me anyway, that said after an hour to 3hrs No.1 is at it's best, then quickly fades away far too soon, all in all a bit one dimensional also for my liking with the prominent floral notes employed.

I must say It's 1872, or "X" in the old CC's for me or even more so with the new generation of CC's, "V" or "C" have lasting power, that fully excite my senses and more than justify the price tag.

************************************************************************************
Update further to my above review and my personal dislike, my daughter as now taken my No.1 for men and she likes it.
On one hand I am pleased the parfum as gone to good use and not wasted.

However I also worry that now she may aquire a taste for it, and thats not good when you take into account N0.1's ridiculous price.

Byron

spumyland
spumyland

simply the best luxury floral scent for men...:-(((...for now....
CC i hate you

wonderfull dry down!

girasolina
girasolina

Carefully follow each review, and I agree 100% with alfarom.
Put this perfume in a decanter will be anonymous, like so many others, even non-niche.
Even children know that the packaging and advertising are lucky, CC has stopped producing the unique and unobtainable Sandrigham when he worked for The Crown Perfumery ...
Today it is sold off to the luxury market.
As a lover of the perfume I refuse to speak well of these "creations" person with dignity and I think it's an insult to poverty in the world.
And I also say that the Italian style used seems to me to trash!

velb95
velb95

I've ordered all 3 Clive Christian perfumes directly from CC website. It was my more expensive order of perfumes (EUR 1,500). I did it after I've got the samples of them from Bologna antique niche perfumery after I've ordered there CC 1872 perfume 30ml in crystal bottle (another EUR 650). When you wear the perfume of CC for the first time, you don't really like it (it's very different from all other perfumes, where the head notes are very pleasant and you immediately buy them, but after an hour, or even worse: after you've purchased it, you understand that you don't really like the main notes). Like I told here, CC perfumes are really different: you start to love them after you are wearing them at least for 30 min. So, ask for samples and try to wear them for a whole day, then decide if you like them. I'm sure you will!

This could even be the most surprising and pleasant perfume ever created by an human being (and it's not) but there're absolutely no ways to spend over 2000 bucks for a scent. It's an ok scent, no more, no less. Do you want a Baccarat crystal /gold / diamond bottle? ok get it, but perfumery is another thing!

guest_more_faksan
guest_more_faksan

um guest_faksan gf ... and this drives me wild ... makes me so fucken horny :D luv u baby keep IT up ;)

guest_faksan
guest_faksan

this perfume is awesome i wear it on every day bases its like driving ur bently in London in rush hour every one notices it + my girlfriend loves it and she makes me wear it during sex she says it turns her on

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

I tested it once at Barney's and thought it was delicious. It smelled a lot like Bvlgari pour Femme, but the sandalwood in the base was more pronounced. I would've bought a bottle if it wasn't $300 ...