Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

V for Men Clive Christian for men

V for Men Clive Christian for men
dislike

smoky
V for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures V for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures

Frankincense is a leading note in "V" for men. The fragrance is beautifully balanced, with spices and resins enhancing its warmth and the deep woody quality of the core ingredient.

“V” for Men - Frankincense, the most important aromatic incense since antiquity, leads the hallmark intensity of precious woods and resins which underline the pink, white and black pepper interlocked at the core, to evoke the ardent vitality of a brave perfume. V for Men was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Christian Provenzano.

Elemi resin Citruses

Orris Nutmeg Black Pepper Pink Pepper White Pepper

Amber Cedar Agarwood (Oud) Vetiver Olibanum Vanilla Amberwood

Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens

V for Men Fragrance Reviews

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

This is fire, great for winter. It's sooooo much more than just pepper and church incense. Imagine a extreeme niche version of Gucci pour homme with depth and character and that lasts and lasts and has subtle projection and that's the start of this

Calvini
Calvini

This is more resinous and solid (with a hint of oud) whereas Bois d'Encens is more smokey-woody and hallow.
I prefer this one because it's richer and warmer, but so is the price.. I don't think it's worth paying ~$100 more for half the size; Armani's offerings are already solid enough (personally I'd go for Encens Satin though).

psychdoc
psychdoc

Very nice fragrance. Fits among the incense fragrance family but is less sweet, as well as more peppery and reminiscent of true frankincense. V is similar to Armani Prive's Bois d'Encense as others have commented, though V has much better sillage. I really wanted to like Bois d'Encense but returned it as it has no projection and was an immediate skin scent. V, while more expensive, seems more worth the price as it has moderate sillage, though not as much as other Clive Christian fragrances (such as L).

TheJurisDoctor
TheJurisDoctor

I like the scent but was very disappointed in the performance. I tried 3 sprays to the neck and 1 spray on each forearm. It lasted for about 8 hours but it was almost a skin scent after 2 hours. I don't say this often, but I definitely understand the ones who say this isn't worth $405. Not even close.

Stallone Italiano
Stallone Italiano

church incense with a lot of pepper

stecarpano
stecarpano

What can I say about this fragrance, just incredible. Bless Clive's packaging and slogan and all that but the fragrances overall are all very pleasent, with the exception of V for men that is really outstanding.
At the beginning it smells very balsamic, almost with a medicinal undertone to it. First time I sprayed it on the blotter I thought I was going to hate it. After 20 min it brings you in a very smokey old classic church, where you can experience the best aroma of Frankincence. Simply marvellous. If you're a Frankincence lover, then V for men it's probably one of the best ones you can go for. Unfortunately it's very pricey, but definetly a winner.

partan.iran
partan.iran

اين برند انتخاب خانواده سلطنتي انگلستان هست. بنده باز هم ميگم بسيار نادر ميتوان گفت كه عطري توان رقابت با عطرهاي اين برند رو داره. تا به اين تاريخ كه مينويسم تقريبا شايد بشه گفت حرف اول و اخر رو برام ميزنه . اين عطرشما رو در هاله اي از بوهاي عاشقانه قرار ميده، خودتون ميتونيد اين كار رو تست كنين.
من ٣ تا از اين عطر رو برام اوردن كه با قيمت خيلي پايين تر از فروشگاههاي ايران ميتونم بدم اگر كسي خواست.يكي از اونها رو هم تعويض ميكنم. اگر خواستين لطفا مسيج بزارين وشماره تلفن

mousemousecat
mousemousecat

Sunday mass in a bottle

henri345que
henri345que

On the premium market of said niche fragrances, Clive Christian is already a veteran, acting since 1999. It's an experienced brand that knowns very well that when you charge a lot you have to deliver a consistent set of fragrance, bottle and package, something that it's not necessarily novel but that correctily passes the luxury sensation, that most of times it's a matter of very well chosen details. Among its masculine creations, V is one that best transmits me this luxury impression. It's a spicy oriental very well crafted, giving me the impression of a combination of ideas found in 3 fragrances: M7, Gucci Pour Homme I and Bois d'Encens. What draws my attention here, however, is that in seeing inspired V doesn't look like it's copying none of them, and, unlike many xerjoffs, it's not a fragrance where harmony is dismissed in favor of crude and strong synthetic aura. V seems exquisite from the beginning until the end of its evolution. It's oppening is very peppery, like a mixture of pink and black peppers. The black one has a drier and salty aroma and enhances in an harminous way the incense aroma while the pink one provides a slightly sweet and fruity side and harmonises the goth side of incense + black pepper combo. The oud here seems to evoke an aura around the other ingreidents, a sweet and musky aroma that evaporates like it was part of the incense, as if the proposed incense was soaked into a mixture to create the oud aura illusion. At the background, you notice the vetiver and cedar conferring a drier, woody aroma to the composition at the same the elemi resin makes the incense aura a resinous, sweet aroma. All the V details fit very well and a fragrance the develops perfectly and sounds warm and alluring. Certainly it could have been more groundbreaking too, but considering what other rival brands has been offering i would say that V is an excelent choice when price is not a matter.

deadidol
deadidol

I’m not a fan of the blingy CC aesthetic in general. I find the faux opulence and over-the-top approach to “luxury” to be quite laughable—especially given that the bottles look like they fell out of a happy meal. But V is the standout for me—a genuinely solid frankincense perfume that sits alongside Bois d’Encens, Sahara Noir, and other frank-centric fragrances. But this one adds nuance by thickening up the overall scent without losing sight of its purpose as a dedicated frank-centric affair.

The lemon-y sourness of the material is evident upfront, but the additional depth is introduced immediately through the presence of peppery spices and the kind of body that would suggest an oily, sandalwood and vetiver base. I’m not sure sandalwood is actually present in this, but it has a greater heft to it than some of the others in this category, so there’s something at work that’s giving it more of a foundation. Furthermore, the frankincense is warmed whereas these kind of scents usually have the capacity to chill. In essence, this is frankincense that’s developed into a more bodied perfume than some of its brethren. It sidesteps the Iso E base that lends itself well to this genre by replacing it with synthy amber, but one that makes for a nice alternate. With material as thin and trebly as frankincense, sending it down the runway solo is bound to reveal its frail structure. This one manages to at least drape it with interesting layers that make it one of the better, less mawkish offerings from CC.

Marciu
Marciu

V is like an older sibling of Armani Prive Bois 'Encens. Why older(eventhough it was made 8 years after Armani's perfume)? Because it's deeper and denser and in the same time projects less. While BdE is full of energy, screams and shouts, is invigorating (let's say) - V is calmer, more quiet, speaks softly or even whispers sometimes. Every word that V "says" is thoughful while Bois d'Encens always talks first (and talks more in general).

Longevity is very good - 10 to 12 hours but I expexted more from pure perfume.

Would I buy it? In the price it's currently in my country - 500$(394 Euro) - no way. I'd pay half that price, but no more than that.

maltayeb
maltayeb

This is very similar to Armani Bois d'Encens but more peppery.
Armani Bois d'Encens as it's better balanced.

Recently revisited all the Clive Christians and gave them proper skin time to establish whether it was worth forking out a substantial chuck of change...and sadly for my wallet it is!
'v' is an outstandingly unique Frankincense and pepper fragrance with a vague oud base in a condensed summary.
However, this doesn't tell the full story the pepper is a prominent, ridiculously dry spicy pepper and the resins are truly the main players in this scent but being a Clive Christian it has an added touch of olfactory sorcery that cannot be analyzed.
Akin to dark matter some fragrances contain an unseen construct which can only be perceived of but never quite understood.
I really don't relish the fact that I get a bit giddy and teary eyed about CC fragrances. I like to think I remain impartial and unswayed by the regal packaging and inflated price tag...but there truly is a touch of magic in these bottles!
Funnily enough I revisited Bois d'encens from Armani in the same week as this one and they do indeed share many similarities. I'd say 'V' goes into some darker more peppered territory, it's definitely heavier and lasts longer on the skin...but they're both great if I'm honest.
Despite such a gushing review I don't think I'll be adding it to my collection simply because I have my eye on 'X'.
Very, very special nontheless.

Marco Chau

Finally bought this today after testing it multiple times for over 10 months. The peppery notes intertwined with the woody resinous and light floral notes really made this a very unique and beautiful fragrance.

Edit: Today I just noticed how intense and important the Elemi and Oud notes are in V that made me come back to this fragrance so many times before getting it. The Oud here also kind of reminded me of the Rasasi Dhaneloudh Combodi that I got which was complex and a bit musky yet very gentle to the nose. 12 Nov 2013

Riccardo
Riccardo

I had it. I can only say that incense and pepper are two of my favourite notes :-)

HAL9000
HAL9000

I agree with cinnamonswea... V is a completely unique and challenging scent, and one needs to take time to let it reveal its depth. Some comments here clearly indicate that V is either not capable of being grasped by everyone, or that people are not giving the scent enough time to develop on their skin. Smelling it on a stick in a store, or even wearing it for an hour or two after a salesperson sprays you, is shortchanging your evaluation process. As for longevity, two sprays last for 6-8 hours on me, and the scent continually changes throughout my wear. It's fascinating.

On a related note, I understand that commenters on this site love to show off by comparing the highest-quality complex scents with cheaper stuff that may have the same top notes (but far fewer dimensions), as IF they could actually be substituted for one another. Do you actually believe that CC and other top houses could sell their scents for high prices if this were true? You know that even (especially!) rich people typically do not like to waste money if it can be avoided. And in free market economies like the ones we live in, if expensive scents COULD be duplicated, marketed and sold for less money, they WOULD be by someone who is willing to take a little less profit per bottle. So where are all the exact dupes?

I am also grateful that the expertise on this site allows us to get some idea about a new scent by comparing it to others. Very valuable advice, indeed. I also understand that is it desirable to save money by buying cheaper bottles that "come close enough", if possible. I've done it, but have almost always thrown away the cheap stuff (or used it for bathroom spray) and sprung for the real deals. There is really no substitute for scents like V if you are a discerning and demanding consumer with some means.

But unfortunately, often these comparisons are transparently being made in poor spirit to talk down an expensive scent, or worse, one that is over people's heads. This leaves people who already own it and "get it" shaking their heads, and worse, they potentially mislead others who really value and NEED accurate and knowledgeable commentary in order to help them make informed buying decisions. If you can't (or choose not to) afford it, everyone understands, but please do everyone a favor and don't shit on a scent just because it's expensive and/or you have an axe to grind. Everyone has their own price-to-value relationship, just as everyone understands fully well that price DOES raise the bar. You don't help anyone by imposing YOUR p/v relationship on them. We should all just stick to analyzing the scents in the most honest way possible, and let people make their own decisions on whether a scent is "worth it".

Buying V is DEFINITELY an expensive proposition and almost certainly a leap of faith on some level for nearly all of us, as are lots of great scents. But this one is a must-have for me. V cannot be duplicated to my satisfaction by another scent currently known to me. If a combination of other scents could mimic V and someone stumbles on it, then they probably have spent more than they would have by simply buying V in the first place. And in reality, most of us don't have the time or desire to work out the combos, and would not blindly trust another commenters ideas on this anyway.

V occupies a place on my top shelf, along with X and some Fjord's. You should consider treating yourself to V for the holidays. But remember, give V some TIME to work its magic before bitching about it in some incomprehensible and unhelpful way.

SDVHC
SDVHC

For me the best C. Ch. fragrance for man.

A perfume almost of church. At me like enough but not enough to spend 400$!

For a honest price I would bought it.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

Tested this at length today. I really enjoyed it, but (a) couldn't get past the $405 price tag for 50ml (Nieman Marcus) and (b) felt that even though it has some great notes to it, the pepper is just too darned pronounced. Wanted to love it. Wanted to love it so much I'd pay the nosebleed price. Didn't happen.

Animmaker
Animmaker

I love Clive Christian fragrances, I use No.1 and X. But this one is way to similar to Tommy Bahama Men, which is another favorite of mine. I was so excited when I got the sample of Clive Christian V but when I tested it, I was like... this is like Tommy Bahama Men. Although I really like V, I will not pay close to $400 when I can get the same sent for $45 in Tommy Bahama Men.

Marco Chau

Who broke the PEPPER shakers? IMO, 'V' is way too peppery in the opening and does not have the high quality characteristics of any other Clive Christian's fragrances. I have both 'C' and 'X' and loving them to death even with their outrageously high price tags; however, I just don't think I want to have people sneezing all over me when I were wearing 'V', not to mention that I need to pay closed to US$400 for a 50ml bottle of it. 3 Feb 2013

Post note: After trying on V for a few more times during the warmer months, I started to like it more and more and appreciated the brightness of the pepper notes mingling with the solid Frankincense, Oud and resins notes. I can't say that I will run to the store to pick up a bottle now but will probably consider doing so next summer. 8 Oct 2013

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Clive Christian V is a well blended fragrance, but lacks niche quality. For a pure perfume, it behaves like a toilette. V is far too faint for the amount of hard worked dollars they're asking for. The contrasts between the white & black pepper act as a duo battling the cedarwood group-hugged in heart of the composition. The more interesting notes... vanilla, nutmeg, amber resins and oud are present only during the opening chapter of this fragrance, then they quickly retire. I loathe the longevity of Tom Ford Extreme, but I give it more credit than this waste of money, marketing and time. Tom Ford Extreme takes you to the same place for 130 USD opposed to 405 USD for a luxury skin scent.

cinnamonsweat
cinnamonsweat

Not everyone will appreciate this one. At first the frankincense is almost overpowering and it reminds you of a cathedral or royal festival, the peppers are also somewhat overpowering. However given time, patience and a sophisticated nose V becomes a masculine statement staple (and one that edgy women might wish to adopt also). It is very distinctive. It lingers beautifully in the air and on clothes and as such is a great signature scent as it radiates success, unless you are totally in love with it though it's possibly best left for special occasions.

sebjar
sebjar

I was lucky enough to get a custom sample made of this beautiful fragrance and I absolutely love it. But I'm just not sure about the price tag??? So damn expensive! $400+ for a bottle of perfume?? WOW but might have to save up and get this as it's most beautiful. I think my new favorite note in frags is pepper or black pepper. I bought Mandragore Pourpre by Annick Goutal and that frag is chock full of pepper notes. I love it and love this!! I'll wait to buy it but use my little sample very conservatively!

LookGoodSmellBetter
LookGoodSmellBetter

I wish I could smell something other than the three pepper notes in this but it sadly never evolves beyond the opening. I smell no Oud, vanilla or anything beyond pepper save for frankincense.

velb95
velb95

EN
I bought all male fragrances by Clive Christian "C" included. When it was released the new "V" I decided that to be the first to try it I have to go to the fair Fragrances 2012 in Florence. A disappointment so deep I have not felt for a long time already: 3 kinds of pepper!!! I could not believe: just the smell of 3 kinds of pepper and this is a new wonder perfum designed by Clive Christian!!! And if that was not enough: all this salad is disappearing after 30 minutes without leaving even a trace of any perfume. It seems like this year the daughter of Clive Victoria has spent too much time in her beautiful kitchen designed by her father. Be sure that this elegant pepper sauce will cost, according to Clive's traditions € 400 for 50 ml. I hope that "V" goes well with a steak, but can we also use it with the fish?

IT
Ho comprato tutti i profumi maschili di Clive Christian "C" incluso. Quando è uscito il nuovo "V" ho deciso che per essere primo di provarlo devo assolutamente andare alla fiera Fragranze 2012 a Firenze. Una delusione così profonda non ho avuto già da tanto tempo: 3 tipi di pepe!!! Non ci potevo credere... un odore di pepe di cucina e questa una nuova meraviglia di Clive Christian!!! È poi di non parlare che anche questa miscela di paprica sparisce dopo 30 minuti non lasciando neanche una traccia del profumo qualsiasi. Sembra che la figlia di Clive Vittoria abbia passato troppo tempo in cucina meravigliosa griffata Clive Christian. Non si può spiegare altrimenti da dove le è venuta tutta questa salsa di pepe che costerà seconda la tradizione di Clive circa €400 per 50 ml. Rimane una sola domanda: è comunque va bene con una bistecca, ma si può anche metterla sul pesce?

LordByron
LordByron

Phenominal,I have CC no.1, X and 1872, but had decided I had moved on since getting these parfumes. Recent favourites and wishlists are from the stables of Tom Ford, Creed and Amouage.

Today I was in selfridges and they had the old brigade of Clive Christian CC parfumes that I have, and with them on show was "C" and "V" for men, so while I was there I thought what the hell I'll try them just so I'd know what they're like, not expecting them to be so good, and so contemporary.

The two are similar in some respects yet so different, "C" has less depth than "V" which a much more mature and deeper fragrance, "C" is shallower in composition but makes up for it with a highly honed rapier thrusting at you from the offset, this lasts some time untill it begins to fade around 6hrs from application, "V" just keeps giving and in my mind it doesn't reach it's best until 2hrs in when a fully rounded ensemble surrounds you with intoxicating aromas.

Hell "C" and "V" are the best outright positive impact to parfum I have experienced, this includes my first introductions to Amouage Epic Man, similarly with Creed Aventus, hell no they were head and shoulders above even these excellent parfumes.

I have started saving for them right now and put some of my other wants and wishes on hold CC I am Back!

*************************************************************************************
I have to revisit my premature and overly optimistic parfum review above, I have on further use and testing of my CC "V" come to realise the sillage is more restrained than reported and the longevity is less than long lasting as first reported by me, in fact I am moving my CC "C" to top spot in my parfum hit parade, and my CC "V" will drop down the charts from No.1 to just be one of my favourites.

townsed
townsed

i am going to hunt this one down...i am sure this will not be a disappointment..Clive christian is a name you can trust.

V for Men by Clive Christian 3.77 out of 5 based on 96 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clive Christian V for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Clive Christian V for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify V for Men by Clive Christian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of V for Men by Clive Christian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.