Designers » C » Oriental Fougere « Groups

X for Men Clive Christian for men

X for Men Clive Christian for men
dislike

X for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures X for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures X for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures X for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures X for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures X for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures X for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures X for Men Clive Christian for men Pictures

The elegant glass bottle has a perfectly formed stopper in the shape of a Crown. Its detail contributes towards evoking the majesty and preciousness of the fragrance. X unifies tradition, exotic elegance and irresistible mystery in an exclusive blend of highest quality ingredients.

Available in Pure Parfum of 30ml, and Eau de parfum of 50 and 100ml. X for Men was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Geza Schoen.

Bergamot Rhuburb Pineapple

Jasmine Paprika iris

Amber Styrax French labdanum Vetiver Virginia Cedar Oakmoss Cinnamon Vanilla

Moschino Pour Homme

X for Men Fragrance Reviews

In this South Florida heat, it's easy to become a huge fan of Moscow Mules and this to me seems to encapsulate that very closely. My first impressions were that of very potent cedar (ISO e) and Sprite. Like opening a fresh can...

From beginning to end you're brought to a familiar place, in yet it's different and strange at the same time. Now briefly to the Moscow Mule, the main components of how are simply, fresh lime juice, ginger beer and vodka. If you're familiar with ginger, the real deal, it's very spicy and juicy. It's possible the combination of pineapple, bergamot and paprika or cinnamon are giving me this impression but it's very hard for me to really pick out specific notes in this since it is very well blended. But if you're familiar with the drink concoction, it's fresh and inviting while being incredibly intoxicating and that's what I get from this.

Fragrance sharing similarities are ... liquidnight by a lab on fire
Longevity ... Pretty good about 8 hours before it's completely nonexistent
Projection ... I'd say about average. I've got bury my hand in the skin spots sometimes

Bodda89
Bodda89

I learned that a fragrance not made for public can have a horrid opening but can morph to a classy gem

crossdx
crossdx

*Before the review, some notes listed above are different from what I've seen elsewhere. I don't detect pineapple at all and it's an orris root note, not iris, at the core of this fragrance. Below is the breakdown from a site where I purchased a bottle that appears more accurate since it includes cardamom and orris, both conspicuously missing from the Fragrantica pyramid:

Top notes: bergamot, spices, cardamom, ginger, juniper berry
Heart notes: sambac oil, jasmine hedione, pimento oil, orris
Base notes: amber, vetiver oil, cedarwood, oakmoss, cinnamon, vanilla

**********************
I have fallen for this fragrance which seems to grow more regal with each wear. Pardon the touch of melodrama, but I couldn't in all honesty state it in a crasser manner... it just has a bearing that is, well, royal. On first impression, I thought it was a beautiful floral spicy perfume that evoked a pleasantly warm and vibrant feeling, but couldn't say for certain that it lived up to my grand expectations. That doubt went away in time as it developed into a lush, luxurious symphony of spiced orris and vanillic woods tamed with a flourish of floral sensibility, and has currently mesmerized, enchanted and awed me into declaring it my favourite fragrance. On my skin, it lasts longer than any other in my collection and has excellent projection and sillage for this type of scent. It isn't as weapons-grade as some others I own, but that plays in its favour, as it is of a more subtle, elegant character that perhaps truly deserves the regal insignia on its packaging: it doesn't wage war on the olfactory senses, but instead romances them with gentle force.

That said, I realize that Clive Christian gets some deserved criticism for its boisterous marketing that some may feel borders on gauche, but thankfully the bottle for 'X' doesn't have the lofty "most expensive" moniker stamped on it as 'No.1' does. As for the pricing, yes it's bloody expensive, it's a luxury item afterall, but given that it's an extrait concentration (25% vol.), when comparing it to other niche quality extraits on the market (Guerlain Habit Rouge L'Extrait costs about 300 Euros for 50ml, Puredistance M retails for $590 for 100ml), it doesn't seem as significantly overvalued. I can attest to its superb quality; it's the only perfume in my collection that doesn't cause burning irritation when sprayed on my sensitive skin right after shaving, a testament to the lower alcohol content and high quality natural ingredients. All in all, I am thoroughly delighted by it, and with 2-3 sprays per use, the bottle should last me a good long while. A wonderful fragrance, can be worn year round but most appropriately for formal occasions. It gets my highest recommendation if price isn't an issue. A masterpiece in the realm of modern perfumery.

Projection/Sillage: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

I can't help but like this fragrance. Of all the Clive Christian examples this is for me the one I can smell the most effectively - apart from the 15th anniversary bottle, the others to my nose are weak in strength but that could be largely due to the fact I am Anosmic.

Would I buy it? Probably not. Hopefully the "L" bottle will have more intensity and life to it. Certainly on my skin this fades far too quickly and I would prefer wearing something that can be worn and shared beyond a kiss. That said, if money was not a consideration I would not hesitate. It is without doubt, an exceptionally wearable fragrance and hope it gives many other people much pleasure in wearing and sharing. I would not care risk altering the balance of any Clive Christian fragrance, just so that smelled it easily. I am the problem, not the fragrance.

9/10 only due to the slightly negative aspects mentioned above.

Going on my want list should by some miracle of Devine intervention it suddenly be presented to me as a gift. I shall wait patiently :o)

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I have it on right now and I must say it is rather simple. I get a spiced fruity citrus cologne and not much more.

Some reviewers have mentioned spice bomb and I must agree. However they share other things in common like poor performance. I sprayed this on my arm 30 minutes ago and it is quiet on my skin. I need to put my nose to my arm to smell anything.

Sorry but I can't find much else to it.

Dr Benway
Dr Benway

Simply and utterly divine. Dark and heavy without being migraine inducing. Worth every penny.

O2
O2

رغـم كثـرة وجـود الأشباه والأخلاط من العطور التي تقارب وتحاكـي في رائحتهـا
عطـر كلايـف كريستيـان اكـس إلا انـه يظـل مميـزاً وفريـداً برائحته بفضـل جـودة
مكوناته النقية وانسجام تلاقح طبقاته العطـرية التي مُزجت بفن واحترافية عالية .

warlockss
warlockss

i get warm sweet complex spicy fruity and smoky very classy ,sophisticated and mysterious . better than spicebomb acutally its the classy more expensive version of spicebomb to me . 10/10

GMK
GMK

I love woody spicy scents since I was first bitten by this perfumery bug, and it is the first time I kinda don't love a woody spicy scent that much, due to its too much spiciness (cinnamon) which actually ruined here by labdanum right from the beginning, Interestingly don't get Pineapple rather i feel a burnt metallic sort of vibe which reminded me of Bvlgari Black from top notes, but anyway the X for Men by Clive Christian has got nothing special as expected, an ok woody spicy scent imo.

Ralphje1977
Ralphje1977

This scent is amazing!! Incredible. I love it. You can smell it all day. I am thinking of buying a bottle. I now only have a decant of 1 ml. :-( when wearing this you feel like a king!

prodigy
prodigy

This scent is a unequivocal masterpiece. Wow just wow. Last a good amount of time say 8 hours until completely unnoticeable and projection is average could be better. Wow just freaking amazing scent. Very unique and i agree with a reviewer who said its Pharaoh like. Thats exactly what it reminds me of the Egyptian Kings. On first sniff i paid retail. Should of got the 100ml bottle. Fairly pissed off the lady didnt tell me it came in 100ml. Wow

thomasrainy
thomasrainy

Unusual scent but too light for me... It is complex however it is not worth its price. If you can get it with a huge bargain it might could be a great deal :)

mrs2241
mrs2241

یه بوی اسپاسی خیلی دوست داشتنی....خیلی دوست دارم اینو...
تستر کلیه محصولات کلیو با کیفیتی بیشتر از عادیش،با حجم 50 میل و بهای تقریبا نصف عادیش موجود میباشد...در صورت تمایل به خرید لطفا پیغام بگذارید

MuhannadQahtani
MuhannadQahtani

من اجمل العطور اللي اقتنيها... بنظري لا ينفع الا للمناسبات الكبيرة جدا و بفصل الشتاء او الاماكن الباردة

omar88
omar88

بدايته مرتكزة على رائحة الهيل لتنسحب تدريجياً و تبقى قاعدة العطر الرجالية البحتة .. رائع جداً مع العودة و البخور ..غير مناسب للإستخدام اليومي

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

X FOR XYLOPHONE

An unusual instrument with interesting notes.

Something in the opening was challenging for me.
But dries down to a unique and soft elegance.

This might go on my 'short list'.

HAL9000
HAL9000

X is simply sensational. Elegant, mysterious, pharaoh-like, sensual. My signature scent for evenings, and I have a lot of them, as I play nightly in an orchestra at a formal venue. I also travel to exciting and exotic places while I'm on breaks, and this scent has gotten both compliments and the "What are you wearing?" question worldwide. I've never revealed the perfume's identity, and no one has ever guessed it, since everyone wears it differently. Finishing up my 5th 50 ml.

Veeraj34
Veeraj34

This is a fragrance which is really a power packed fragrance. Initially I dint like it but as I started drying down, I just could not resist is fragrance. Before buying it, I had wore it to check its longevity and silage. Believe me I could smell it even after 8 hours. It's a very unique fragrance different than others. I will not go into its notes as I would just review how it smells. I would give it all the stars for rating. CLIVE CHIRSTIAN X is a magic potion.

SDVHC
SDVHC

An "honest" perfume for man; balanced...

The price is ever too high; it's not so genial. I can recommended the purchase only if really in love of this fragrance.

kleblanc863
kleblanc863

Very happy to get this on Ebay for a decent price. I usually do not wear anything too floral but this is out of this world.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I'm very tempted to give X a try as the bottle of C I have currently is proving to me that Clive Christian's fragrance is superb. Although the price is quite steep, it certainly worth every bit of it.

Post note: Finally got a 30ml bottle today and found it extremely special and different from any other fragrance I had before. Have it on for two hours and still waiting to see (smell) how it changes on my body.

Post post note: Beautiful fragrance beyond words. Long lasting complex and intensive fragrance that just kept on going with fresh, slightly tangy, yet warm spiciness together with powdery floral and hint of sweetness from resins and vanilla. A special fragrance for the ugly days to perk up the low mood and an unusual and attractive fragrance to turn heads.

nasser8383
nasser8383

not worth the value at all with such price there are better choices

Oslo-fjord

This is realy an irresistible fragrance. If there is one fragrance we can call "regal", look no further.. This is it! It contains the most beautiful notes you can think of. It`s a very exotic warm spicy fragrance with a elegant woody dry down. Expencive? Oh yes indeed, but I would rather buy one bottle of this instead of 5 ordinary "boring" designer scents.
-Sum: Luxurious, elegant and refined.

Oslo-fjord

-Sum: Luxurious, elegant and refined.

alain
alain

I'm using this perfume for almost 6 years and the price is rasing up and up , but it deserve. I tried to find something similler but it looks so hard. I use other fragrancem but X and No 1 for men are at the top for the spicial events. I like in X that it last for long time with very uniqe spicy smill. For the price you can find tester sometimes since there are no one could copy this perfume and they will be cheaper by the half price some times.

Orobas
Orobas

Divinity in a bottle. I really wanted to hate it because of the obnoxious marketing ("The most expensive perfume in the world," seriously? Sell me on quality, not the snobbery please) but after trying it, I just could not help myself. Even my significant other, who is usually apathetic about fragrances and my scent obsession, had to keep smelling the spot where the SA had spritzed my wrist. I couldn't stop sniffing either, and I am super-picky about my scents. The perfumer hit this one in the head- it's pure perfection from the top notes down. Give it a shot.

Tons is super-dry spices, just enough flowers to sweeten the mixture without being nauseating, syrupy, or overty *floral*. Dries down to a gorgeous woodsy base that is rich, smooth, and creamy.

One spray goes a long way so it will last you a while, and always a compliment getter if you are interested in such things.

Cons- Fugly bottle and obnoxious marketing. Neither of which really affects the perfume itself.

Papi
Papi

Who can tell me why is this similar if not the same as
Costiume National ? I thnik it's bit fresher but 99% the same...

Please share your views

velb95
velb95

I've ordered all 3 Clive Christian perfumes directly from CC website. It was my more expensive order of perfumes (EUR 1,500). I did it after I've got the samples of them from Bologna antique niche perfumery after I've ordered there CC 1872 perfume 30ml in crystal bottle (another EUR 650). When you wear the perfume of CC for the first time, you don't really like it (it's very different from all other perfumes, where the head notes are very pleasant and you immediately buy them, but after an hour, or even worse: after you've purchased it, you understand that you don't really like the main notes). Like I told here, CC perfumes are really different: you start to love them after you are wearing them at least for 30 min. So, ask for samples and try to wear them for a whole day, then decide if you like them. I'm sure you will!

Riccardo
Riccardo

Now that I joined Fragrantica I re-post my review of X for Men by Clive Christian.

A very complicated and original top quality fragrance. A little bit too citrusy, but only in the top. The two kinds of jasmin in this perfume are so strange, but not in a bad way. I don't recognise iris. Vanilla and cinnamon are not overpowing, and this is good, because I hate vanilla and cinnamon. The resins and the other spices are good and interesting.

guest_Abyss
guest_Abyss

i love it but so expandive for me!

guest_Riccardo
guest_Riccardo

A very complicated and original top quality fragrance. A little bit too citrusy, but only in the top. The two kinds of jasmin in this perfume are so strange, but not in a bad way. I don't recognise iris. Vanilla and cinnamon are not overpowing, and this is good, because I hate vanilla and cinnamon. The resins and the other spices are goog and interesting.

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

I begged for a small sample of Clive Christian X for Women and the SA decanted this in error (she gave me the other too). I tried on X for men and found it very soft for a men's fragrance. First spicy and later the bergamot comes through and is really delicious. Sillage is small - have to get fairly close to smell but it lasts all day. I then gave the sample to my friend's 22 year old son who in turn received many compliments from ladies of all ages. While expensive, it is wonderful!

X for Men by Clive Christian 4.37 out of 5 based on 149 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Clive Christian X for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Clive Christian X for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify X for Men by Clive Christian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of X for Men by Clive Christian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.