Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Scent Intense CoSTUME NATIONAL for women

Scent Intense CoSTUME NATIONAL for women
dislike

Scent Intense by CoSTUME NATIONAL is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Scent Intense was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent Bruyere. The fragrance features amber, sandalwood, patchouli, hibiscus, jasmine, tea and crystal amber.

Amber Sandalwood Patchouli Hibiscus Jasmine Tea Crystal Amber

100% night fragrance
too feminine for me

Maxvonembs
Maxvonembs

An okay fragrance for it's 1-2 hour lifespan and that's it. There is a reason this can be purchased for massive discounts, the performance SUCKS.

The opening reminds me of Tom Ford's Plum Japonais with a little apricot and red wine. It feels thick and you would think the projection and longevity would be fantastic, unfortunately this is not the case. Multiple wearings by myself and friends all verified the horrific performance of this fragrance. SO Sad.

MetalMan
MetalMan

I don't know what I did to whom, but I got stuck with the worst possible job in my department while the guy who normally does it is on vacation. I am a very capable worker and this is the toughest floor to work - is that the payment I get for being a good worker? Makes you question corporate structuring and intelligence a bit. Anyways, it's raining today so I gladly selected a recent love of mine - Costume National Scent Intense.

SI opens with a dense and humid concoction of smoked tea, amber soaked patchouli, and rich florals tucked in the madness of the jungle this fume is. I can't help but imagine stumbling up some ancient ritual in the heart of the Amazon, so beautiful yet so foreign to the civilized world - it feels carnal and bewildering! The fume hits you in waves - sometimes it's a pleasant amber, sometimes it's a humid patchouli, and other times it's a dense smoked woodscent. This fume is magical in its own right and something everyone should experience. It drifts somewhere between masculine and femenine and it comes off as more of a beautiful/sexy scent on me - it is amazing if that's your thing! Some 8 or so hours later, the scent begins to transform into a deliciously creamy and floral white musk that lingers for hours more. Truly an experience to get lost in! As a side note, this smells like the offspring of two very well-known fumes - Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme and Miss Dior Cherie! I saved this for the end of the review because I didn't want to ruin the perception. Scent Intense still has a tribal magic all of its own though!

Day 45 - Undeserved Punishment
Listening to: Florence + The Machine - Seven Devils

Soofiya
Soofiya

Amazing,dark scent but not complicated,it is all about amber and tea,I can not detect specific florals here,I blind bought it and don't regret this,the scent is strange,it reminds me the badwoman of films and cartoons,serious,dark,amazingly sexy,full of revanges and evil plans but not as black as it seems to be,there is something green and pure in it's heart
This scent is deep,very deep,and warm and dry,there is something alive here,not only a perfume,a mixture of florals and fruits or delicious notes,it is like body odor,not very clean but full of something hot
Very hard to explain,there is just something to add,it IS addictive and i beleive this is a female fragrance,not bad on men,but it looses it strange,two faced personality

kami07
kami07

با سلام به دوستان من پیشنهاد میکنم این عطر رو حتما تست کنید و اگر خوشتون اومد بی درنگ یدونه بخرید واقعا دوستانی که میگن عجیب و غریب تاریک و تیره برازنده این عطر هست ازنظر من یک عطر عا لی هست پخش و موندگاری هم عالیه این عطر واقعا اعتیاد اوره
در ضمن این عطر هم برای خانمهاست هم آقایون به سایت اصلی برید متوجه میشید و واقعا یک عطر یونی هست چون اینجا فقط واسه خانمها زده ولی بی شک آقایون از بوش پشیون نمیشن

archivist
archivist

I was hoping that the hibiscus/tea hybrid would end up smelling like "Red Zinger" Celestial Seasonsings tea on me, and it totally does. It's Red Zinger on sweet ambered skin. However, my amber preference is for dry/powdery amber more than unctuous honeylike sweet/rich amber, so this ends up on my swap list.

moodypaws
moodypaws

The tea-hibiscus-jasmine cord is the same as Guerlain's L'instant pour Homme Extreme minus the cocoa and vetiver. L'instant is (was?) darker and more formal, so Scent Intense is much more wearable on a day-to-day basis.

This is a great fragrance, with good longevity and decent sillage for the first couple of hours. I am smitten...

Abo ahlamjood
Abo ahlamjood

رائحة مميزة وجميلة وتظهر رائحة الشاي الأخضر بشكل راااااقي

mehrsad
mehrsad

it has a strange smell, and reminds me of wine!
really nice

latrussell
latrussell

I am surprised no one is mentioning the animalic here. I find it dominant and fecal. I see it as a challenge.

nettoyant
nettoyant

I wore this all day yesterday on a cool British Columbian summer day on the top of a mountain in a thick boreal forest.

This is a lovely and slightly dry amber and patchouli combo, much like Prada Amber but not as herbal and more powdery and smooth.  I just don't get a tonne of tea, for me, patchouli is where the tea is for everyone else. There is something animalic about it, too, which I noticed when I was around horses on the mountain yesterday.  It is a tiny bit horsey, which is amazing, I love it.

mutlu Korkmaz
mutlu Korkmaz

Bugün tekin acar mağazasında deneme fırsatı buldum çok güzel bir koku ve çok kalıcı farkedilirliği yüksek bana biraz dior homme intense hatırlattı çok Klass bir koku kesinlikle denemenizi tavsiye ederim this product costume national intense wonderful

atiet97
atiet97

Samoandrade, I have two version of this perfume; an old mini and a relatively new (2-3 years ago) purchased bottle. My mini indeed projects strong sillage and good longevity. But I guess it's because the liquids in a mini tends to be more concentrated through time.

Based on that "power", I purchased the full bottle. I was surprised and a bit dissapointed that the big sillage or the tremendous lasting power which I got earlier are not there. Despite the fact that I still love the scent....on me it's never be that bold and just a so so in terms of longevity.

Hope that helps :)

samoandrade
samoandrade

Does anyone know if it has been reformulated? My fragrance, as long as it smells amazing, does not have the big sillage or the tremendous lasting power most of the reviewers suggest.
Still, completely worth the bottle!

polly golightly
polly golightly

blasonato, preso come status symbol da una miriade di uomini, straindossato tra i calciatori, molto trendy. e dire che è nato come un profumo femminile minimale! nonostante io sia incline ad un certo snobismo e abbia non poche reticenze a provare profumi molto venduti, non posso negare che scent intense sia molto interessante. si tratta di un accordo che ha come nota predominante l'ambra; epperò non la solita ambra resinosa e dolce, calda e avvolgente. qui c'è un'ambra orgogliosamente sintetica, secca, sottile, molto rinfrescante. ricorda quella grigia di balmain, ma stavolta è ancora più rinverdita da sentori di tè verde, ibiscus e gelsomino (appena accennato). la durata è impressionante e il sillage enorme. molto buono.

assebasse
assebasse

There is a saying, you will not be disappointed if you don't have high expectations. I must say that I am disappointed cuz I had quite high expectations before purchasing it. This scent smells very synthetic and it is far away from master piece. The amber is rather sweet and feminine than woody and masculine. One could actually combine it with silver scent intense (Jacques Bogart) to get a bit darker and more masculine scent without smelling too much silver scent.

kimbola
kimbola

masterpiece

its strange there is no incense in this one, maby its the tea - amber combo

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

Okay, so if Creed's Silver Mountain water is a fresh crisp apple, this is the spiced, warm, sweet baked apple version. The crisp freshness of hibiscus and tea leaf is there, but the amber and sandalwood give it a warm sweet spicy background, warm and spicy, and yet also fresh and crisp.

Glorious on any gender. Arty, weird, unique and yet wonderfully wearable, pleasing without being obvious, like a hot pink sofa that you thought you wouldn't like that turns out to really bring the room together.

smora
smora

Mr. Bruyere had an urban synth pop vision of CN perfumes. Every CN scent has some kind of artificial and soft cloudy vibe. Scent Intense is a very balanced scent with possibility to feel every note per se, but resulting in new olfactory creation.
Similar to CN 21 artificial amber is the first note to detect. It seems this scent has reverse pyramid. Then follow hibiscus, soft jasmine note and sweeten tea that last forever. The base is made of milky sandalwood and patchuoli.
It is a skill to create such a powerful scent that seems so light and transparent. Although marketed towards women it is totally a unisex perfume.
A beautiful work of too early departed Laurent Bruyere. Apparently angels ran out of their perfumes.

Scentrack: Stereolab - Miss Modular

Rating: masterful *****

I was gifted a sample of this on. On my skin just sharp, unpleasant and male'ish. I sneezed all day. Not for me.

Jag fick ett prov på denna. På min hud bara skarp, otrevlig och manlig. Nös enormt av den. Inget för mig.

demip
demip

I love this fragrance. Sprayed at Sephora in the morning, walked around, shopped came home had a shower in the evening and can still smell it on me!

It is a beautiful unique fragrance.. Something I havent smelt before. For some reason it reminds me of the discontinued Alexander McQueen Kingdom.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that she liked this, so I checked it out. I didn't really like it at first, but the drydown has that delicious sweet powdery smell like musk lollies.

dallasstars
dallasstars

A dark fragrance. It is a smoky bay with a hint of softness to it. Would be amzing for a foggy and cold night night. A guy or a girl can wear this. Yes it hints at sexual, but it doesn't scream it.

AveParfum
AveParfum

This was quite the surprise to me when I first put it on. Of all the unexpected things...it smelled like some kind of Barbie perfume I had as a child--a tad plastic with synthetic florals. I actually LOVE that scent, and it made me very nostalgic. Made me remember brushing Barbie's stringy hair. Then some aromatic black tea joined in the heart, not long enough, as I go gaga for black tea. I wish the perfume remained that way the whole time--black tea and Barbie perfume.

In any case, I did enjoy the drydown too, which consisted of a surprisingly smooth amber base embellished with spice, maybe black peppercorn. In fact, this is one of the best ambers I have smelled in recent memory. It leans a bit masculine at the drydown, where all hints of Barbie perfume have dissipated. Smells fairly classy yet suitable for casual days. A bottle of this will be mine. Thanks to Colin Maillard for the excellent suggestion.

Edee
Edee

Can't really say why I like this perfume. Maybe because it just smells classy and sophisticated. Sometimies that's enough. I do love the hibiscus and amber undertones. Chic without shouting.

Lana148
Lana148

Scent Intense is semi-dark, synthetic, amber based fragrance.

Really well done, a bit enigmatic, elegant and classy. Would be perfect for day-evening, cooler weather wear.

At first smells like fruity amber - not too sweet, a little bitter. You can detect more hibiscus flower and tea at the dry down, but for certain , it doesn't feel like floral fragrance.

Amber fragrances tend to be thick and gooey sometimes, but this fragrance feels sheer. I really like Scent Intense. It is classy but modern, somewhat abstract but super wearable.

zimmer73
zimmer73

I got my bottle of Scent Intense today. At first spray it is a bit "oudy" on me, and a bit to masculine.
After 30 min the warm, comforting scent starts to develop on my skin. Really beautiful!
It makes a soft statement, the flowers and the amber in a creamy, seamless composition.
This might be my new favourite in the cold season.

Rastak
Rastak

یک عطر بسیار خوشبویی است که مردان نیز می توانند از آن استفاده کنند ، تاریک ، عمیق و کمی عجیب . از آن لذت خواهید برد.

insolence
insolence

Mysterious, gloomy, seductive. On my skin, it smells like ripe plums with a hint of smoky notes. Amazing!

Same story as the original scent but with amped up top notes and all together heavier touch...which is exactly what an 'Intense' version of any fragrance should supply.
Despite reviews here, it's presence and intensity I would not describe this as a quintessential amber by any means. Scent intense is all about wonderful fruity, exotic floral top notes and naturally non-cloying sweetness.

I'd wear it but again I'd be happier to smell it on a lady. Great scent though and very good longevity for something I figured might fade quickly but doesn't.

Medusa82
Medusa82

I'm a male and addicted to this scent great in cold winters

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

This fragrance completely got me. I had the same instant "feeling" I had with Cuiron, both the first time I tried it years ago, and when I bought myself a bottle some weeks ago after years of memories. Same "wow" vibe, which reminds me of the difference between loving a scent being totally blown away by it, and just liking it – that's a healthy reminder thanks to which I regularly sell some fragrances I realise I just "like". I thought of Cuiron also for a sort of slight and broad similarity between the two – same era, same "concept", same synthetic approach. I still think Cuiron was and is probably more daring and more "revolutionary", but Scent Intense comes just a tiny step below. Well however, Scent Intense has basically a perfect balance of two winning features: it's done extremely well, and smells terribly good. That kind of good you keep coming back to smell it and run buying a backup bottle. On my skin it's not that dark, though: it opens with a white-luminous, juicy and fruity accord of tea and hibiscus, which has basically a lively and fruity smell too, with a hint of spices (cloves, perhaps), a subtle balsamic vein, and a cozy, mellow, grey-black synthetic amber-woody base (I guess cashmeran, that sort of restrained velvety aromatic base aroma). After a while it also emerges a slight smoky note, and on the drydown, the salty taste of aldehydes gets a prominent role. The result is a nondescript blend which manages to be just a bit dark, dusty, "black" like if a drop of trisamber was used here, but at the same incredibly bright, dense and tasty, with the translucent aspect provided by aldehydes. Utterly sophisticated as well. I must admit it's quite hard to describe the scent, the best I can think of is a tea-amber bone-structure, slightly powdery, surely fruity-floral, with a palpable dose of aldehydes which gives a metallic-salty feeling. All in quite a unique way, let's say "minimalist-avantgarde", with a brilliant, smart and creative use of synthetics: the amber accord is not a classic, dusty, embracing, warm amber, instead it's a sort of black cube of with an ambery fog inside: that's the visual feeling. The smell is somehow that, but it feels restrained and "encapsulated" in an artificial layout. All the scent is actually a sort of geometrical and rather simple structure of synthetic notes, which however manage to smell simply and *terrifically* good, cozy and pleasant. Which is an ultra rare thing: usually such "avantgarde" scents do smell interesting, challenging, smart, fascinating, but in my opinion, they rarely manage to smell at the same time "good" and cozy in a classic, "popular" meaning (as a scent is supposed to smell, in the end: pleasant). For example, I am also a huge fan of Slumberhouse, but I doubt I'll ever get compliments on the subway for Zahd or Vikt – the are unbelievable scents, but they surely don't smell "good"; while instead, Scent Intense is the perfect "good-smelling" scent which may actually get you lots of compliments from "normal people". We are still lucky this unbelievable gem is still on sale, and for quite a decent price. Also, perfect projection (it's one of those scents you can better smell "in the sillage" than on skin) and long persistence. Surely worth a try! To me it was actually worth the blind buy.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

The hibiscus gives it a vegetal/medicinal smell that could be off putting for some. It blends great with the jasmine and tea. The amber is not sweet but a bit dark and gloomy. It is of definite niche quality and a bit strange. Not an everyday scent, but moreso special occasions.Sillage is huge for the length of the scent which is at least 8 hours. A blind buy for the BRAVE!!

chip
chip

I can't say much. I love this fragrance. The scent is a bit mysterious in a moderate way. I've got 4-5 people complimenting me after 2 weeks of use. Great!

Roman86
Roman86

This is a unique and somewhat mysterious fragrance. It's hard to describe the smell of this but from what I recall it was definitely sweet but not overwhelmingly so and has an androgynous nature to it so it can be worn by both sexes. However, because it's such a strange composition I can see some people distancing themselves from it but for me I reached for the bottle often. Even though I don't have this anymore, I got plenty of memories and experiences with this fragrance and somewhat miss it. This was one I reached for often on cold winter nights.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

This one is different, having trouble picking out the notes on this one....I just read the notes and if I concentrate really hard on the notes I can get the tea and amber and also what must be the hibiscus, all the while the sandalwood gives it a creamy feel...this one is also slightly powdery....honestly, the best I can describe this is an overtone of soapiness while leaning towards the feminine side of things...

EDIT: it just now clicked with me that this is a dry spicy amber with a cool/clean floraly vibe. I don't know why I couldn't smell this before. Not for me but would be nice for my lady.

EDIT 2: what this smells like is if someone put on a spicy amber frag and then spread some white floral hand lotion over top of it....

fuggerone

synthetic dark amber..but utterly dark and sexy..projects really fine..great longevity...

fresher81
fresher81

This is very sensual. It is within the par of Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle - the kinda scent that commands, "drop your panties right now and quit the bull shitting". My friends, this thing here is a panty dropper. 3 to 4 sprays for me and the bait is on the hook.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

This starts out very medicinal (astringent) smelling on my skin. It's not totally awful but it's a bit odd. Thankfully it settles down after an hour or so. It really does end up being quite nice. On me, what I smell mostly is the amber. A nice, warm amber with a touch of the freshness of hibiscus. It's lively and intriguing and leaves you feeling quite satisfied. It's nothing that we haven't seen before but it's comforting in its familiarity. I enjoy wearing it. It makes me feel confident and sophisticated. The lasting power is great. It has no trouble lasting all day. Technically this is a women's fragrance but it smells completely unisex and men can wear this easily as well.

paranoidandroid
paranoidandroid

Perfect example of a simple, synthetic fragrance without much to dislike about it.

The base seems a combination of some salicylates (mild wintergreenish-floralcy), cashmeran (wet concrete) and some woody amber molecules. If there is patchouli- it is just the camphorous part of it. This comes about 7 hours after the start and sits around doing the metallic humming that such bases often do.

The top is a soft and translucent smoky tea + jasmine combo that blooms very nicely. Well done and pleasant.

Not going to win any awards for originality- feels like a combination of a bunch of Bulgari perfumes from the 90s with all the synthetic jasmine and tea notes. This is meant as a complement.

All in all, technically competent, well put-together, easy going, modern fragrance.

To hate this would be like hating your neighbour or friend for being "ordinary". It would both be true and wrong.

Roge'
Roge'

Opinions are a funny thing: Im gonna cut to the chase...pencil me in for the dislike bandwagon. All i get is tea and flower for 4hrs and then it's done. Absolutely, nothing special about this. This was a long boring road trip to Boringville, USA. This was suppose to be intense. Can somebody tell where the intensity disappeared to?

oliver1h
oliver1h

Scent Intense is a like or dislike fragrance. Unisex, but it is definitely not me. Tea note is very dominant, this gives the composition a fresh, warm feel. Tea is underlined by amber and soft floral notes of hibiscus, jasmine, and some patchouli. I think it is a nice warm, fresh tea/amber dominant chypre floral, with refreshing qualities, but not for everyone. I gave my sample to a lady, and she loves it... No blind buy recommended!

beyazgölge
beyazgölge

first of all this scent is not for women, it is a unisex perfume. as i am a man, i use it very gladly, and many women ask name of my perfume. it is very atractive an effective

ladykarl
ladykarl

Scent Intense is a very intimate smell.
Also somehow disconnected
My boyfriend wore solid Amber that he
had from Tangier and I used Sandalwood oil.
This is more or less the smell of us mixed together in bed
with a bright and chemical alteration added like a plant from outer space
Seems a little strange to me to smell that in a perfume.
Major Nostalgia .
Its a little fruity/sweet, may be apricot or something in there too.
This is for me the smell of longing for Loves Return
The sight of the end the rainbow that you always see
but never quite touch

There is something sterile quality of the ending that might just be
a low quality chemical or cat pee
I find the general quality average though. WIsh it were more but
for a commercial designer fragrance it probably stands where its meant to

gulsen
gulsen

I really don't get what people are all crazy about this fragnance. Got a sample, smells horrible on me.Not fresh not feminine. I personally don't like hanging around smelling like a man:(

malik2011
malik2011

I can start saying wow wow really very classy and sophisticated smell, it develops perfectly with the time passes.
the smell is like that a pure, fresh and high class of leather being torn already or rubbed violently with hints of dried peach ...... really awesome scent, however animalistic smell comes late at the dry down, and this is the only drawback.

jgirgar
jgirgar

Oh Yes, just what the doctor ordered! It's dark with a ray of light, sultry and to my nose, oud is in there. It's got strength that's for sure and staying power is great. Just love this. I first tried this back in 2005 but at the time was not into unisex/feminine fragrances that throwing out all that hogwash I've added this beauty to my collection and it's been added to my top favorites. I get berry mixed in as well and kinda a coca cola vibe. Sexy!! Jason G 022313

oman1234
oman1234

Very nice ! Worth having in a collection

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Scent Intense is an uncompromising industrial perfume that seems intent to take the artifice of the truly synthetic scent into the realms of artistry.

In so doing it seems to make a virtue out of making things smell like highly polished replicas of themselves.

The amber note is as newly-minted as a freshly bought pair of nylons, the tea has a too-shiny almost aluminium quality and the patchouli is as transparent and flawless as cellophane.

As an exercise in engineering this fragrance too is almost flaw free.

Unswervingly linear like a wind tunnel test-run, with the projection of a radio broadcast and the longevity of a transatlantic ocean liner it is a perfume to inspire admiration. Though whether it could ever engender affection or adoration is a moot point.

This archaic aroma is not that of the Paris of the Jazz Age, but a hard-edged, sharp-lined, Ayn Rand heroine's sort of a scent. Chic, modern, calculated but brittle and ultimately unsympathetic.

Sexual? Yes. Sensual? No.

And is it man or woman? Neither. This is pure machine.

moh3n nik1
moh3n nik1

تنها عطری ک وقتی میزنم دایما بوش تو مشامم هست و اعتماد به نفسمو خیلی بالا میبره.. واسه من هیچ عطری جای اینو نمیگیره

Stephaniejanef
Stephaniejanef

I studied and flirted with this perfume a couple of months before buying it. I cannot say what, exactly draws me to it, but when I wear it, I feel conforted, safe and protected.
Strangely enough, on myself I do not smell amber, but the scent, at first subtly spicy, becomes sweet, and at one point I smell something that I can't identify but crazily enough, I would like to say is apricot!
My sister says it reminds her of Estee Lauder's Cinnabar, and tells me my perfume is strong, to wear sparingly. Instead I perceive Scent Intense as a very mild and private perfume. I am enamoured with it. Still haven't received any compliments or comments whatsoever. Strange.

Whit
Whit

I blindly bought this frag and I'm pleased with it so far. It starts off "intense" then dries down to a more tame amber. It reminds me of With Love by Hilary Duff minus the fruit. I know it's a weird comparison to make since this niche and the other is mainstream, but that's what it smells most similar to if anyone is curious to try it. Scent Intense is made for cooler temps; I think the amber would be too much for the warmer months. On my skin, the amber is most predominant with slight nuances of hibiscus. This frag is easily unisex, so if any guys want to try, go ahead! A very unique frag indeed!

turbo997
turbo997

من افضل العطور واجملها كافي انه مركز وسعره فيه

يستاهل تاخذ منه 3

judyk
judyk

Well, that was weird.

On first sniff I would have sworn Scent Intense was a rose oud combo with added "peculiar". All good so far. :)

A minute or so later I caught a whiff of... amber? Pressed my nose to my arm and was nearly choked by, yes, definitely amber. This was really getting interesting. I had to come here and look up the notes. What?! No rose? No oud? So, clearly amber then - and now that my brain knows what's in there, my nose has decided the tea and hibiscus must be responsible for the rose/oud note. After an hour I can make out the patchouli and jasmine.

Whatever the notes, the overall effect is a hit with me. Resinous, warm, incensey, gentle, mysterious, weird in a good way. And I'd say it's easily unisex.

id
id

Wonderful scent, sexy, intense and unforgettable. Combination of amber and hibiscus (which gets dry and dusty in a good way when patchouli joins) makes me constantly sniffing the wrists. Superb sillage and longevity. Highly recommended (for men as well).

dromidreza
dromidreza

بنظر من یونی سکسه.بسیار بسیار بسیار خوشبو وتاریک و س ک س ی .فقط باید موقع ...س ازش استفاده کنین.عجب بویی داره

fuggerone

very good and sophisticated, masculine to the top

stacia79
stacia79

Costume National Scent Intense was very masculine on my skin. I didn't smell any hibiscus or tea, just a smoky incense that stayed the same the entire wearing. A nice smell, but not for me.

USMC_Ryfleman
USMC_Ryfleman

I got this today and maybe I just have a strange sense of smell, but to me this smells like a lighter version of Very Sexy for men by Victoria's Secret.

anna.023
anna.023

I tried this one and thought that I would really enjoy it. The lady in the store described it as a very dark, woody kind of deep smell. Sonds intresting, right? Well, it wasnt. At least not on me. When I first sprayed it I was suprised how little it smelled. I almost didnt get anything at all. Very strange I thought since the name was "intense", I was thinking that my nose had a bad day and left it on to settle in. After when I arrived to my work about 30 min later, I smelled a very strange smell, a odd woody, oily old man smell. I suddenly realised that I was the one who smelled like old lumber. The perfume had start to smell! It smelled old lumber and wood combined with "wood-oil" like paraffin that you use upon wood. It reminded me a lot of my friends father, who is working in the woods with machines and lumber. It had the same dirty unclean forest smell with a hint of regular oil as well, just the way he smelles after a long day in the woods. NOT the way I want to smell. Very unik though, but pretty awful. Maybe it works better for the rest of you? I however, will never ever step anywhere near it again!

cinsot
cinsot

Upon application I smell like an attractive well-groomed man with impeccable tastes. I rather enjoy the admiring "knowing" glances from my female colleagues when I wear Scent Intense into the office.

They assume I have been intimate before work: having to tear myself away from the passionate embrace of my hot metro-sexual lover. Often not the case sadly.

Scent Intense is strongly masculine in nature, it deliberately stays that way on my skin. My innate one-hundred-per-cent-pure-girl cannot compete.

The handsome and alluring bouquet of male incites the aroma of closeness with the opposite sex even to my nose.

At no stage during the evolution do I not smell like a proficiently sexy guy. This stuff is awesome!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Perplexing at first. On spray, I was determined to smell amber, woods, maybe flowers and at least a hint of tea. But instead got something a little crude, slippery and gently sour with a sweet undertone.

Giving in to suggestion and stretching my imagination, I decided I thought I could smell sour hibiscus blossoms, but then it didn't seem floral at all. Amber? Maybe a salty accord created with botanic ingredients. At one point I also thought I caught a whiff of an old, dilapidated wood jetty infused with salty beach air, perhaps some agarwood (oud)--even then I was pushing way too hard for the reported notes to make sense. Directly to the brand's website I went.

Amber and cystine are the notes mentioned. Cystine? Apparently a sulfurous amino acid found in human hair, skeletal and connective tissues and digestive enzymes. No wonder people here are smelling sex, sweat, flesh and devils. That in combination with a transformation into a gentle, sweet sandalwood and amber drydown actually makes for an incredibly magnetizing fragrance if you don't think too hard about the notes. And if you just embrace the effect--it might even turn you on.

I think this fragrance also functions much like a mood ring, transformative and dependent on the aura you're projecting; very reactive to your unique chemistry. Indeed an enigmatic skin scent in the truest sense.

fuerreard
fuerreard

A great combination of amber and woods. Seductive, strong, dark and long-lasting. I just love it. It's a unisex fragrance by the way.

Amin_128
Amin_128

It's truly a treasure: laid-back, yet not a conservative.. and unknown to most noses!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

It's no women's perfume! This is a man scent for oddball, daring gents with $230 up their sleeves just to flaunt it.
A heavy base quality, clearly amber, an attempted softness of florals, mainly habiscus, and a woody-fire front for some "wha..? "
A very unique scent.
Narciso Rodriguez helped make this scent, so I expected musk overkill lol but Laurence obviously has some good ideas too

I tested Scent Intense only minutes after I tested Scent Sheer, and I must say the differences are quite obvious.

Scent Intense, is not only an intensified version, but an entirely different composition altogether. I immediately detected the patchouli in the opening which had a rather dusty and leathery feel to it.

Beneath the strong, almost masculine notes, a sweet, milky jasmine note rises from the darkness bringing with it an interesting coziness.

Although bold and dark, Scent Intense does have a rather feminine smoothness. Some are saying it smells a bit like incense and I somewhat agree. However I think it smells like an inclosed space with the scent of stale incense rather than the burning, smokey kind or the incense stick itself.

Despite its rather gothic approach, I find this fragrance elegant, feminine and sophisticated. Perhaps even at times a little clean and powdery. While the patchouli and amber tend to dominate this fragrance, there is also a tar-like note blended with a 'raisin-y' tobacco note that only adds to the intrigue and the warmth.

The sillage and lasting strength are highly commendable, however I wouldn't expect anything less. It seems to be that Scent Intense is quite a popular buy on the niche market which pleases me greatly. This fragrance is kind of geared towards women that want to smell a little bit different, steering clear of smelling like a bouquet of flowers or fruit juice.

Cereza
Cereza

As most of the fragrances from Chypre group, Scent Intense on me starts cold, with lovely patchouli dominating. Actually I've always thought that I dislike patchouli in perfume, but as it seems - I just didn't start with the best patchouli.

Soon the hibiscus appears together with tea note and start's to remind iced red tea, for me this ansamble is very enjoyable. This could be a perfect, sophisticated fragrance for hot summer nights when you just need something elegant, but cold enough. The scent itself is very feminine and classy. I love the part when jasmin starts to show it's face as then the fragrance becomes sweeter and even a bit smoky.

At the end of the heart phase the scent becomes a little bit warmer, I suspect from amber and sandalwood.

This, as many other niche fragrances, is a little bit weird, but in a good way, I find this extremely easy to wear and I think this could be a wonderful summer perfume.

Recommended! But do not blind buy.

merilu59
merilu59

profumo intenso e sexy, è straordinario, notevole

Adriana Candiotto
Adriana Candiotto

Diria que esse perfume exala uma sensualidade esfumaçada seca, o considero tolamente uissex, com uma aura misteriosa ele envolve e seduz, não o comparo a nada no mercado em suas notas predominam o sandalo misturado ao patchouly abraçados por um ambar seco fixa muito bem.

Would say this perfume exudes a smoky sensuality drought,I think is uissex fragence foolishly, with a mysterious aura surrounds and seduces him, do not compare to anything on the market in your notes dominate the sandalwood blended with patchouli amber dry embraced by a fixed is fine.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

The first sniff was an elegant floral perfume but after a quarter it strangely developed to an animalic sweaty beat.I thought that I slept with the devil and the next morning I could smell raw flesh,sweat and blood.

denmaz
denmaz

i think the smell is not offensive. not so original, i ever smell something like this before but can't remember what is that. perfect for romantic night wear. i'm a man and i agree that this is unisex.

edit: now i remember that this smells like Winds Pour Homme.

Mihail
Mihail

Scent Intense a smell of the railway, red old wine and the pure sweated body ( after or before sex?)It excites imagination and draws as a magnet. I not have got used at once to it, but as a result it is mutual love and for a long time:-) I adore Intense and I enjoy each minute, when it on me. I am glad that many do not love it!:-)

carera
carera

its unisex perfume that men could use it

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Woooah! This one is great unisex fragrance, sweet for womans with a good touch of class. Well done!

volha
volha

Be careful! It's addictive!!! Liked it in the beginning, loved it later, became addicted over time. Very strong, intense and sexy. I use it as aromatherapy when I I'm not feeling well by smelling the bottle :) My favorite scent for evening go outs.

Faint hibiscus, amber and then some tea on drydown. Unfortunately, gave me a raging headache within an hour and had to scrub and treat with Ibuprofen. No sale.

Boggi
Boggi

I get a very dry amber. And some thing smells almost like paper. And I get those water color brics we had a school when I was a kid.
A very special fragrance. I know this is crazy, but I think of Magica de Spell from Don Rosas Donald Duck stories.. it is very unique and I could wear this, even though its very odd.

rebella
rebella

Yet another amazing perfume. I let my brother try it, and we both find it unisex. On me it smells very strong of tar in the beginning, but not in a repellant way... just nice and a bit distant and cold to. Guided by the notes listed you may think it´s a hot, warm fragarance but just like Aeternitas i find it crisp and fresh. I like it now in the summer, but I think it would do great all the year around.

After a short while the tar (amber I guess) becomes sweeter, layered with flowers, something woody, some tea and I know it isn´t listed, but i can definitly smell something fruity, most like dried fruits...

Being such a strange fragrance I still concider it to be quite unoffensive and nice. Not for everyone I think, if you don´t like perfumes with a "smoked" note in it, you probably wont like this.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Gorgeous fragrance, can be worn by men too. The first note you smell when you spray it is amber, and the amber is the most dominant note all the way through the dry down. I definitely want this for winter. Unlike a lot of amber scents, this one is not warm, but more sharp and crisp. I can also detect the tea note and sandalwood. I think Scent Intense is sexy and extraordinary, very noticeable. It has the same feel of SL Five O'Clock au Gingembre and a bit like Feminite du Bois to me (except this one actually works on my skin ;p).

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Scent Intense by CoSTUME NATIONAL. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Scent Intense by CoSTUME NATIONAL represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.