Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Scent Sheer CoSTUME NATIONAL for women

Scent Sheer CoSTUME NATIONAL for women
dislike

Scent Sheer by CoSTUME NATIONAL is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Scent Sheer was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent Bruyere. The fragrance features jasmine, tea, musk, white amber, apricot and hibiscus.

Jasmine Tea Musk White Amber Apricot Hibiscus

Scent

Scent Sheer Fragrance Reviews

polly golightly
polly golightly

assai simile agli altri due della serie, scent intense e scent, anticipa di molto gli skin-scents di gran moda negli ultimi anni. come i fratelli maggiori, l'accordo è essenziale, con una splendida ambra amara in primo piano, che subito vira verso un bel muschio sintetico e aromatico. ricorda molto molecule n.1, e tutte le variazioni su tema a base di Iso e super. chimico, leggero, fresco e pulito. molto buono.

8-nadia
8-nadia

I could barely smell anything from this perfume,this is one COSTUME I will never try again,lol!

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

If there is such a thing as a fresh amber scent, this is it. The effect must come from the tea and floral notes with the backdrop of musk (which I find helps a scent meld with your skin). It is rather generic, like walking into a department store or opening a store-swapped gift box. But it's a nice smell, pleasant and unassuming, light and yet fairly long lasting -- 5 hours do far. In a way, the lightness and freshness reminds me of Blv II, but this is a bit warmer as Blv II is cool- blue. Sheer would be great for an interview or a job where you work in close proximity to people (eg, dental hygienist or makeup artist). You won't offend, but probably not get many compliments either.

Edit: this stuff has some serious longevity! I was staining some wood, and used "goo gone" to remove the stain from my skin (it's a heavy duty stain remover with lots of orange oil, works great). In any case, when I was done cleaning up--goo gone then soap--I could STILL smell the Sheer!

I'm not particularly fond of these synthetic musky ambery concoctions but, if you like the genre, Sheer Scent could represent a valid option expecially when it comes to quality/price ratio. Both Le Labo and Fueguia are offering similar fragrances at three times the price of SS.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

This was recommended by the "if you like this then you'll like this" fragrance finder. Well, so far the predictions have missed the mark. No major scrubbers just nothing as "likable" as the fragrance that I put in to the finder. I don't "dislike" Scent Sheer but it is disappointing in that there is not much to it as it kinda gets "lost" on my skin. It is non-offensive clean very light citrus musk with a hint of green tea. I love citrus notes and tea notes but this is just TOO LIGHT. It is aptly named. . . it is a scent . . . it is sheer . . . there's not much more to say about it. BUT my sister who really likes sheer clean scents absolutely LOVED this and it does smell lovely on her.

nickflick
nickflick

This reminds me of the dry down of another perfume I am very familiar with; Carolina Herrera 212. A sheer musk which is enjoyable and easy to wear as a skin scent. Perfect for summer days.

Overall, Costume National SCENT SHEER strikes me as the musky base of a perfume composition which was abruptly aborted by an ADD-afflicted perfumer when another project of seemingly higher priority popped up. The opening has an attention-grabbing high-pitched "white noise" note--neither floral nor fruity, nor animal, mineral or vegetable, it seems to me!--which might have melded well with, by infusing energy into, the far more numerous components of a more complex perfume. But the "white noise" note in this composition strikes me as slightly irritating, indecently exposed as it is in this nearly nude perfume.

Once SCENT SHEER has dried down, what remains is a clean musk skin scent--an eau de peau, if you will--which is not entirely unappealing but seems understated to the point of being nearly an eau de eau. Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps SCENT SHEER is the precursor to the "molecule" movement in avant garde perfumery? Hmmm...

Since the sudden rise in temperature in my country, sales people have been throwing many Summer friendly scents under my nose. Scent Sheer was one of those fragrances that got forced upon me.

Scent Sheer, to my nose at least, is a linear blend of white musk and citrus. It's clean, Summery and pure, just like the sales person described, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

There's a hint of synthetic jasmine in there somewhere, however the scent itself is so transparent that you don't experience it for long. I'm not sure whether it was worth releasing this fragrance as it doesn't seem very niche to me at all. It's a bit of a let-down for Costume National.

Scent Sheer is like the name suggests, uber-light, so don't expect marvellous sillage here. I must add however the impressive longevity which has managed to win me over.

For a clean, crisp white musk I turn to White Moss by Acca Kappa, however for the more feminine niche-enthusiasts, Scent Sheer, I must admit, is a nice alternative.

rebella
rebella

Have you tried Scent Intense and find it to strong or to srange? Then I recommend you to try Sheer. It is similar to Scent Intense and Scent, but lighter, softer and easier. It have the same unusual notes of flowers, tar and sweetness, but without the sharpness and heavyness of the others. It live up to the name of sheer... It is lingering, somewhat diffuse but still stays with you for a very long time. The amber in this is very pretty, glowing and kind of sexy I think. Considering Scent Intense to be as good as unisex, Scent Sheer is a somewhat shy and discrete female kind of frag. Even if you got intimidated by Scent Intens or Scent, give Sheer a try, this could be the one among them that actaully works for you.

I do have to confess that I prefer Scent Intense tough.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent Sheer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent Sheer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Scent Sheer by CoSTUME NATIONAL. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Scent Sheer by CoSTUME NATIONAL represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.