Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Coach for Men Coach for men

Coach for Men Coach for men
dislike

Coach for Men Coach for men Pictures

Coach is presenting their first fragrance for men in their collection Coach for Men, which will hit the shelves in September 2009. The perfume was created through successful cooperation between president and creative director of the house of Coach - Reed Krakoff with senior vicepresdent of Estee Lauder - Karyn Khoury and perfumer of the house of Firmenich -Honorine Blanc.

This edition was envisaged as "signature" fragrance of modern man. Top notes encompass a blend of grapefruit and mandarin Naartjie Nature Print, small South-American citrusy fruit which had never been used in perfumery before. A heart of the composition hides Darjeeling tea, petit grain leaves and nutmeg oil, while a base includes oak moss, patchouli and cedar.

Its flacon is massive and made of glass, decorated with coaches typical of this brand. Logo is placed in the center of the flacon and is discretely covered with a ribbon representing synergy of materials used in making leather objects characteristic of this house. The fragrance is available as 100ml EDT.

Grapefruit Mandarin Orange

Eau D`Orange Verte

Coach for Men Fragrance Reviews

bronze nazareth
bronze nazareth

This cologne is one of my favorite. Great citrus-woodsy smell in the beginning. Give it about an hour after the dry-down, maybe a little less, and the scent of leather comes into play. It is a light leather scent that is perfect for a personal smell...when you don't want others to smell the scent on you. Both the sillage and the longevity are pretty average. This cologne just enchants me though because I can't get enough of it! Such a beautiful smell!

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

More petigrain and citrus than anything. No leather at all. A decent 2nd shelf frag with no inspiration and that's really about it. 5 hours of longevity with low sillage.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Nice citrus-woody, but where's leather?...

What I initially get from Leatherware is a blast of citrus and petitgrain. The petitgrain in Leatherware is very strong. Within 15 minutes the initial blast of citrus tones down, but the petitgrain will persist and stay for the duration. To me this is the ingredient that stands out the most. It smells very natural, giving Leatherware a bitter-tart but bright character, as good petitgrain should.

After the initial citrus/petitgrain assault, one can smell the spiciness of the nutmeg coming across. The patchouli and the oakmoss begin to get noticed, but they are both light and suave. I recognize the combination of these 2 ingredients more so than their individual notes as they are well blended. I don't' detect any tea note as reported by fragrantica, maybe it is there to round the other scents.

I would categorize Leatherware as a citrusy, spicy and slightly woody fragrance. I'd wear it whenever I want to smell clean and fresh. The petitgrain and patchouli enhance each other and augments the "woody" character in Leatherware.

Leatherware smells manly, refined, agreeable, and high-quality. When people smell it on me, they like it. You will get noticed in a elegant way. Leatherware gives you much more than what the price suggests. The quality of ingredients are great, and they feel natural. I would wear it day or night, at formal and informal settings, and all year around (best for the warmer seasons however).

But where is the leather Coach??? Leather being your theme and part of the "Leatherware" name, I would have expected to smell a little leather here. This is the only disappointment for me.

If you are looking for leather scents in the Coach line, you'll have to try Coach's numbered Leatherware series (i.e., Coach Leatherware 01, 02, and 03). These fragrances are the true character of Coach in my opinion. They are superlatively exquisite leathery compositions.

NOTE: Fragrantica says this is an EDT. The bottle says EDP. I agree with the bottle based on the strength and longevity I get.

bwcw81
bwcw81

Nice frag with strong smoldery woody scent with nice hints of citrus laying behind and end with nice leather scent (imagine yourself sniffing new leather wallet scent). Lasting power is great, 3 hours plus on me. Projection is ok, stick close to skin. The bitter citrus in the beginning really makes me hooked to it. Make no mistake, this is a mature scent, targeted at men aged 30 plus, a great formal and office scent or weekend casual scent. I like it a lot, try it, you may too. 7/10 fro me.

Robmeister32
Robmeister32

I love this fragrance so much. This is one of my favorites. Sad that it only lasts 2-3 hours on me. Also, I heard this is being discontinued.

Rankn504
Rankn504

This stuff is FIRE i love it. i agree that's its not fo younger man but I'm 29 and i love it smells like a man should in my opnion. thumbs up up only down fall the price that shit needs to come down no one is running out to buy this stuff.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This is my husband's go-to fragrance, and I am so happy he loves it, since I found it for him when it was first released!!

The petit grain presents itself immediately along with the citrus top notes, creating an invigorating and energizing blast, which is perfect as he's getting ready for work. The fragrance becomes more spicy and complex during the heart phase where the nutmeg emerges. After it dries down, there is a distinctive leathery vibe to it. I would have sworn there was a leather note in it, but it must be the combination of the base notes along with the oakmoss that is creating that effect.

I find this fragrance quite unique in that it starts out so energizing and citrusy, yet dries down to a heavier earthy-leathery fragrance.

If you like earthy-woody-leathery scents, I recommend giving this one a try!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Went to Coach and picked up samples of their women's fragrance line and was handed the lone mens scent by an exuberant sales rep. So, no expectations going in but a few thoughts going out:

Neither grapefruit/ mandarin predominate the top notes. It's what's called a Mexican standoff. The cedar/ oak moss is the anchor (I do scense vetiver lurking but do not see it listed). Patchouli is not really kicking it.

Overall, too subtle. And, not distinctive. Quality is first rate but just doesn't push my buttons. Somewhere I've smelled this before!

Some chatter here re: young vs old. Really? I do not see this scent being so polarizing demographically as comments suggest.

Sillage is descent but I get no longevity.
Priced right. Walk don't run.

Grottola
Grottola

Coach Leatherware hits you with a dry, astringent citrus blast somewhat like Eau de Rochas Homme. Not bad for a citrus chypre, but unfortunately it can be quite headache-inducing for me. I just find it too synthetic and unsatisfying. As it dries down some moss and woods reveal themselves. The fragrance, despite being an Eau de Parfum, only lasts about 3 or 4 hours on me at the most.

I'd rather wear Eau de Rochas Homme, especially considering the price.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Think of Jo Malone Grapefruit cologne.
The green and woody base is subtle, the domination is in the grapefruit note backed up by the petit grain. Nothing I expected from the bottle, certainly not from Coach.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I smelled this one when it hit the shelves but didn’t have room in my cologne rotation ( to control the madness I TRY to keep it at no more than 4 at a time) so I waited until my bottle of Green Irish Tweed ran out before i looked to replace it. Last week, the time had come. I went to the mall to try it and when I smelled it I was disgusted at the initial smell. It smelled NOTHING like what i remembered and i almost thought i was going crazy. SUPER shocked at what i smelled, I decided to just save it on the card that they sprayed it on and went to the side of the mall that had Creed. I needed to smell Aventus anyway so I figured I would let it dry down. What a great decision. After 15 mins. It was the same smell that I remembered. I bought it right away and I kinda love it! For 75.00 it was well worth it. Now about Aventus…

Joe VS
Joe VS

The coach mens fragrance is one of the best new men's scents to hit the market in many years. I have about 100 different scents and Coach Men's in my current favorite. It's price of $75 in the store is well worth it. I put this fragrance in the same category of Creed fragrances for men. For men looking for one scent to have in their collection, this is it. It is well rounded and can be used both casually and also for a formal occasion or event.

Cheeva
Cheeva

I bought this stuff august 29, 2010., the opening has lemon ,but i felt the mandarin came out a lot more than the lemon, Very nice smelling tea notes about 45 min, later. overall nice fragrance, reminds me of Aveda pure formance for men. Lastly, the silage was a bit suspect, as I only got about 6 hours, at best. but again, very nice frag.

guest_mudkip
guest_mudkip

Its a bit like freshly cut grass.
Smell it with this in mind next time, I doubt you will disagree.

josephperfume
josephperfume

picked up the coach fragrance today at macys. i was please with my purchase. this new coach is as refine as their leather goods.i love it

When I first smelled this on a tester page in GQ magazine I thought it was awesome! On the edge of forty at the time I guess what the others are saying is pretty right on. I can't find this where I live only the womens and Legacy :( and the websites are not much help either but I am waiting to go to the city and get this...

You must remember that Coach makes leather goods and things for refined (and wealthy) people so the light citrus opening along with the green slightly spicy heart and woody slightly earthy base is not groundbreaking but it is exquisitely made with decent strength and longevity. What I've seen of their men's products is refined but extremely well-made and in a classic style. So too is this scent. I also expected leather in this composition but figured that since every thing else is leathery, this was made to complement rather than echo their stunning usual line of wares...

guest_c
guest_c

I agree with the young men, this is for older men, in thier 30's 40's... it also depends on your body ordor..it blends well, and yes it is spicy.. great smell... I liked it very much

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

I agree with Jae on this, I tested this in the coach store at the mall. I was so looking forward to smelling something new and ground-breaking, but I couldn't help to tell myself this smells like an old cologne that I've smelled before but can't name it. Coach is nothing new its just strong woods and citrus, more like an aftershave. The fragrance was a turnoff do to the fact that i'm only 18 and its more something I would expect a school teacher to wear.
They should have made a fragrance for younger men then worked their way up the age ladder.

Coach for Men by Coach 3.77 out of 5 based on 42 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coach Coach for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Coach Coach for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Coach for Men by Coach. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Coach for Men by Coach represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.