Designers » C » Woody Chypre « Groups

dislike

smoky
leather
Comme des Garcons 2 Man Comme des Garcons for men Pictures

Comme des Garcons 2 Man by Comme des Garcons is a Woody Chypre fragrance for men. Comme des Garcons 2 Man was launched in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Mark Buxton. Top notes are aldehydes, nutmeg, caraway, kumquat and mint; middle notes are iris, vetiver and saffron; base notes are leather, incense and mahogany.

Aldehydes Nutmeg Caraway Kumquat Mint

iris Vetiver Saffron

Leather Incense Mahogany

Gucci pour Homme
Vetyver 46

Comme des Garcons 2 Man Fragrance Reviews

nexangelus
nexangelus

Ahhhh now that woke me up!

Lovely fresh spicy aldehydes at the beginning. I loved the opening, what a strong blast...

This strong opening powders down to a savoury, spicy, woody incense, not as sharp as malaki oud. More powdery (the iris note?) and slightly bitter (carraway and vetiver). I am liking the classic type depth to this. The dryness is also alluring. It wavers between a sharpish incense and a spicy leather. I prefer masculine incense notes to sweet feminine ones. This is lovely and lively.

vikasbahar
vikasbahar

Been using this for a while but never noticed that this smell like Encre Noir (which i love) but i bit brighter than it .

My only problem with this is that it turns into barbershop around the dry down whcih i dont like so much.

Overall, a wonderful fragrance.

kamooo
kamooo

The beautiful fragrance. At the end reminds me of Encre Noir.

thomkallor
thomkallor

YEESH total vetiver bomb! I can't figure out the purported similarity to my precious Gucci Pour Homme!

Edit: It's been NINE hours since I blasted my wrist at Sephora....it took an unbearably long time for the singing vetiver to die down, and I'm left with a perky pepper that DOES recall GPH as well as Carbone de Balmain - but what a long wait that was...

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Great combo of incense and vetiver. Compares closely to Le Labo Vetyver 46, although CdG 2 Man adds copious amounts of incense which puts the vetiver in the background. Best worn in fall and winter months.

Pinnacos

If you like Rien, you'll love Comme des Garçons' 2 Man. They share much of the same DNA (leather, incense & iris with a healthy dose of aldehydes) and both have a spicy, peppery fizz when you initially smell them. I love 'em both.

gzalvares
gzalvares

Woody and smoky strong opening, but later quiets down and arise sweetened floral nuances. Recommended for those who like comfortable woody!

Luforge
Luforge

Pending on your skin type this fragrance projects lasting longevity if your tanned! almost identical redolence to "Lelabo Vetiver 46" but not as spicy as gucci pour homme 2003!(discontiued)
Had many females compliments on this woody/vetiver scent.
Its Sexy/dark and daring fragrance! and just ordered another bottle through strawb net at a special price!

Go on, buy one, I dare you!..

lollero
lollero

At first the leather in this is very strong with the incense added, but when it settles down after 20 minutes or so it's warm but spicy and very very sweet. The scent is so marvelous it wraps you around in an intoxicating and heartwarming embrace.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

I discovered Comme des Garcons 2 Man as a possible substitute for Gucci's 2003 masterpiece, Gucci Pour Homme.

Yes, they're similar in many ways, kindred spirits perhaps. 2 Man is about 95% the same. But that other magical 5% makes all the difference to the Gucci scent. Comme des Garcons 2 Man is drier, sharper and greener, with more of an accent on the smoky incense. Gucci Pour Homme is deeper, richer and warmer.

When I'm wearing 2 Man, I can detect it popping up into my awareness at regular intervals, then it slips into the background before reappearing again. Gucci Pour Homme stays front and centre on me from the instant I hit the spritzer, never dropping off my nasal radar, just slowly fading over several hours.

This comparison between these two fine fragrances is possibly unfair as they're both wonderful woody / incense scents it their own rights. It's probably obvious that my preference is for Gucci's gorgeous nectar.

But let me make something absolutely clear, I love Comme des Garcons 2 Man. Not because it's almost Gucci Pour Homme. It's not, they're different. But because it's a damn good fragrance - one that continues to consolidate its place as an all-time favourite.

Pinnacos

Great fragrance, but CRAPPY bottle design for people who don't have a lot of available shelving space. If the bottle design forces the bottle to lay flat, and one has limited shelving place, it's likely going to get stuck living in the box where you can't appreciate it as much. It gets forgotten, and likely not used as much as a result. I don't buy a bottle of fragrance because I want to hide it away.

Make a STAND for these bottles, Comme des Garcons! At least give people the option of displaying the bottle upright.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

To my nose 2Man is a very complex scent, i mean not only the smell changes from one main accord to another, the smell also changes from cold to hot weather, but one thing is for sure: incense, and more incense and more incense. It's a very realistic religious sort of incense, not only smoke from woods, as in Encre noire or even Wonderwood. No, it's almost as one could smell and hear the turibulum swinging in front of the altar during mass, Catholic mass. I agree that it's a bit difficult to feel in the mood for 2Man, or Blue Encens for that matter, because of the rites atmosphere, but apart from that is a very nice scent, it works just right in hot/warm weather and it changes all the time, apart from the frankincense, of course. I might not be for everybody. Yes, but I like it.

Go4broke

Incense, and pepper, pepper, pepper! Can't understand the hype with this. Not a nice thing to smell. CDG frags all seem to be based on pepper. inexplicably popular and headache inducing.

gd15329
gd15329

1) A very good alternative to Gucci pour Homme 1
2) You have to have them both
3) If you could have only one be lucky enough to have Gucci pour Homme 1
4) Man2 is heavier and stronger but that could be a downfall sometimes.
5) It has a strong church vibe (which I like very much) but it’s not like you are the pope himself.
6) Overall: A MUST HAVE. But not as must as Gucci pour Homme 1

estewart51
estewart51

Powerful, rich spicy opening of vetiver. To me the top, middle, and base notes are one in the same. I don't find much evolution when wearing 2 Man. The incense dominates all other notes, but down the road my nose is teased with leather.

Very masculine and clean as well as distinct smelling.

Rating - 7.5/10

Yates-Perez
Yates-Perez

I love this scent. I have been wearing it since it was released. Personally I don't think it smells like any other scent on the market. This scent along with Wonderwood and Black are my go to scents. Thank you Comme des Garcons for making the world a better smelling place. This is my trademark scent.

Chromakey Dreamcoat
Chromakey Dreamcoat

I love this. One of my top 5 ever. The strong incense is definitely churchy, snuffed out candle like. However, its tempered by a heavy dose of spice, a rich mahogany and a hint of leather. It was a fragrance that for the first year I kind of wore really for myself as I thought it was a bit much to unleash on the public. I couldn't care less now. I wear it a lot through the winter. (Wouldn't dream of giving it an airing in summer heat).
Sacrilegious.

Dry, woody, slightly smokey incense and vetiver I'm a big fan of this fragrance. It opens with a heavy spice of caraway and nutmeg which sits nicely on top of a clean manly composition.
Comme de Garcons entire range is impressive, well the ones I've tried anyway.
It's not just dry and woody it has a definite saffron note in the heart and develops nicely in the drydown to a sort of leathery, earthy wood.
Thoroughly enjoyable and masculine scent which has a wear-ability about it if you like a good spicy fragrance get this!

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

این رایحه میتواند شما را در تمام مکانهای شخصی و کار یک فرد که با با ورودش در محافل طوع یک شربت از معجون جوانی و با قدرت سرشار از انرژی درون بوی رایحه زعفران و ترکیب دود درخچه های تازه درون رایحه دود سریع احاس کنند را وادار میکند د مسیر این خط بوئی حرکت کند تا به نرمی رایحه چرم طبعی پی ببرد و. لباس این شیشه واقعا متفاوت و .بسیار موقر و موجز و با نماد نقره ای کاملش کرده است

K1
K1

Kain, my dear friend, said something that made me erase my review deep down this page and curiously go to test Man 2. This is at least my 10th test over this perfume, sellers gonna kill me!

Well to my nose Man 2 is human advent on the planet, naked and wild and all smeared with rough smells of environment: woods, grasses, roots and marshy waters. And with wounds from tree branches on his skin, his sunburned smelly skin.
Man 2 is as bold as the human being in the nature. Strong, huge, natural, elaborate (otherwise was not expected from Mark Buxton).
It explodes out with slight sweet saffron and woody tones over an incense zest that appears afterward. The incense is bitter fresh and misty smelling like olibanum.
In the middle phase, Man 2 exhibits a leathery/vetivery modern tone yet wit a reminiscent hint of barbershop perfume from 90's. It gets bolder, fresher, smokier, bitterer and manlier with soft aldehyde support that integrates the fragrance. This is aldehyde that gives a slight soapy feel to the overall aroma from the middle to dry down.

Kain
Kain

It's really interesting for me that some people keep comparing this to "Gucci Pour Homme 2003" and even some of them say this is better version of it, but for me these two have completely different scents.
At the opening I can smell a semi sweet saffron note with lots of woods and spice and a little bit of aldehydes.
The heavy woods and spicy part may remind you of "Gucci Pour Homme" but there is lots of saffron and aldehydes here that make this fragrance quite different.
As time goes by the saffron note goes to the background and now aldehydes become much stronger.
The aldehydes give the scent a strong soapy vibe and a little green feeling and beside that still you can smell woods and spices but behind aldehydes.
It's soapy and a little green, but bitter woody and spicy at the same time with some floral notes.
In the base I can smell an inky musky vetiver note with some aldehydes and woods in the background.
The base of the fragrance remind me of the dry down of "Lalique Encre Noir". not exactly the same but close enough.
Projection is really good and longevity is around 5-7 hours on my skin.
A good and pleasant soapy,woody and spicy fragrance and I like it.

برام جالبه که یه سری از دوستان اینو با گوچی مردانه قدیمی که سال 2003 عرضه شد و البته الان تولیدش متوقف شده مقایسه میکنن در حالی که به نظر من این دو تا شباهتی به هم ندارن
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی نیمه شیرین زعفران ترکیب با رایحه قوی چوبی و ادویه ای شروع میشه که رایحه ملایمی از آلدئیدها اونارو همراهی میکنه
رایحه قوی چوبها و ادویه ای ممکنه تا حدی شما رو یاد گوچی بندازه ولی در کنارش رایحه مشخص زعفران و الدئیدها وجود داره که تم بوی کاملا متفاوتی نسبت به گوچی بهش میدن
بوی عطر تلخ و چوبی و نیمه شیرین هست که رایحه گل زعفران در اون به وضوح حس میشه و آلدئیدها هم بوی ملایم صابونی و کمی خنک بهش میدن
کمی که میگذره بوی زعفران تا حدی زیادی ضعیف میشه و بوی آلدئیدها قویتر
آلدئیدها رایحه غالب هستن و یه بوی قوی صابونی و کمی گیاهی و سبز و خنک به عطر میدن ولی همزمان بدلیل وجود رایحه مشخص و نسبتا قوی چوب و ادویه بوی تلخ و تند و چوبی هم هست و کمی هم رایحه گل به مشام میرسه
اواخر عمر عطر و در رایحه پایه بوی عطر حالت جوهر مانند، به خاطر ترکیب بوی مشک و وتیور میگیره که در کنارشون میشه رایحه خیلی ملایمی از چوبها و الدئیدها حس کرد
رایحه پایه تا حد زیادی منو یاد بوی لالیک مشکی میندازه
نه کاملا مثل اون اما حس مرکب و جوهر مانند وتیور اش شبیه لالیک هست تقریبا
پخش بوش خوبه و ماندگاری بین 5-7 ساعت روی پوست داره
عطر چوبی و ادویه ای خیلی خوب با تم بوی صابونی هست و کار خوشبویی محسوب میشه اما مقایسه اون با گوچی پور هوم کاملا اشتباهه

lvxifer
lvxifer

top fragrance for my sombre mood.only listen Elend sunwar the dead(f.e.),chalice of red wine and smell of this ethereal nocturnal masterpiece.aldehydes and incense in perfection.marriage between heaven and hell.

CDG 2Man is similar to gucci ph,but gucci is gucci ,for the gentleman.2Man is more refined and avantgarde.this one is not beast ,but insidious and discreet in the same time.

drakecito
drakecito

Very good woody-incense fragance with a slight citrus opening.
Well blended with a touch of sweet in the right amount.
Very original too and the more important to me: The more wearable from CdG...

scent: 8.5/10
longevity: 7/10
sillage: 7/10

Redbeard
Redbeard

To me, this starts out very similar to Gucci Pour Homme, as everyone suggests, but much quieter. It's not as strong, but the top notes are smoother, with less cumin and sweat, probably because it has less cedar and more of a variety of exotic woods. It's also less sweet, so altogether more realistic so far. It starts to get more resinous and piney, not to mention stronger, and I agree that it's smoky without going overboard as some do (I haven't even gotten to their Incense series yet!). Later on, though, I start to find a funky acridness...maybe a bit too much of the campfire smoke is finally getting into the tent? Still, the base provides some smooth, sweet wood of the type I usually like. Regarding the question that people ask (whether to buy Gucci PH or CdG 2 Man), I think it's about a toss-up. Both are a tepid thumbs-up, though I'll give this one the edge for being more natural.

ultracat
ultracat

Early in my perfume learning I bought Man2 for my scent-averse boyfriend. I'd loved it on a tester strip in the store and wanted to smell it again. He never wore it. For months it sat in the cabinet next to his deodorant until one night I got brave and spritzed it on before bed. It's not overly smoky, and the incense is not overly harsh. The drydown is smooth and very very sexy. But because it was a "man" scent and I was new to perfume wearing, I confined my enjoyment of it to my house.

Then one night my boyfriend nuzzled my neck and told me I smelled wonderful. It had never occurred to me that a masculine scent on a woman could be sexy! Now I'll wear this out and about when I want to feel hot. I've since dabbled in more masculine fragrances, and though the core of what I wear definitely leans toward the feminine floral side of things I find I do enjoy a good smoky woody scent every now and then. None I've sniffed so far pleases me like Man 2, though.

dmoman
dmoman

Incense, woody, smokey. This one is dry and brings memories of books and church. Not saying thats bad but for me it's harder to wear, very mature fragrance. Still a good "at home" fragrance. Comme Des Garcon does these fragrances very well.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Into my first hour with this and it's "nice". I can see why people like this. I am reminded of Orange Bengal Tea or Terre by. Hermes. Definitely orange with spices.

It's pleasant fresh and light but with a little more bite to it then your normal fresh scent.

As it evolves it gets a tad less sweet and the spices come out a little more.

IMO good for a younger guy until mid 30's. Not butch enough to be worn with a good suit. Save it for the weekends. Guys who don't work in suits can use this 24/7.

Good signature scent . Not the greatest sillage or longevity so far.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

The first time I smelled this fragrance I thought that it was too harsh for my liking and I was immediately reminded of a campfire. It actually smells as if you were burning a campfire of dark wood and then you decided to dump a box of incense sticks and a leather jacket into the fire. Now stand close to the fire and take a whiff....this is 2Man. As it settles down on your skin, it softens and becomes palatable. Every time I wear this fragrance, I think the hell with it, I'm selling it and then at the end of the day I change my mind and decide its a keeper. I struggle with this decision literally every time I wear this juice...

pontifex maximus

i have both the vinatge and current formulation of Bel Ami. It doesn't smell anything like cdg 2 Man to me. Bel Ami is sharper and leather based fragrance.

lovetribe
lovetribe

one of the best.

Jamie1983
Jamie1983

I can see why people compare this to Gucci Pour Homme,
but come on lets be honest, this is sooo much better :)

pontifex maximus

Exceptionally good fragrances...i get a very mysterious feel out of it. Performance is pretty good, i can easily smell this 8 hours after application.

Bluedude02
Bluedude02

I got a sample today and as soon as i put it on it reminded me of something from my childhood. I actually forgot i had it on until people stated asking what i was wearing. Apparently many of the people i know love this scent even though none have ever even heard of CdG before. As for the familiarity, it reminds me of how my dad used to smell after cutting wood.To be exact, it smelled like he did to as he was washing his hand with this pumice soap he used just before he would sit down for dinner. Its weird I know, but i really like this scent. Maybe it's because my dad is a great father.

longevity- 4-6 hours (Average for me) Then it slowly becomes a skin scent.
sillage- 6-12 inches for the 1st 4 hours then it's about 6 inches
originality- 9/0
final score- 8/10

persefoni
persefoni

i wore this yesterday and it smelled so nice !!!

It's a very warm but simultaneously clean smell. The woods, the vetiver, the incense, the nutmeg and the iris smell wonderful together... it reminds me a lot of the classic Lagerfeld, which i also adore!

I honestly think it can easily be worn by women who prefer warm, somehow soothing smells, to flowers ...

Congratulations Mr Buxton both for this and the female comme 2!! Superb scents !!!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A big incence-leather fragrance with huge sex appeal, great projection and longevity..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 4 hours - 1.25 projection. This is a quality fragrance with strong incense and a leathery twist, which makes it quiet unique, and it has its own special character. It would suit an incredibly strong man with a huge presense; it is quite literally traditional "man in a bottle". Mid-mature ages 44 - 58, wow premium sexy, potent and will get you noticed! It is a modern day smell, not dated in any way.

4 hours - 6 hours - 6 inch projection

6 hours - 8 hours - 2 inch projection. More generic incense now.

8 - 12 hours. Close to skin

This is a quality, well done, great fragrance for men who like strong different potent frags and/or want their fragrance to match their considerable sexual presence...

Quality

meama
meama

109) Follow the guide
J'aime et je trouve ça importable. J'ai l'impression d'être un touriste lambda dans un musé d'art contemporain en train de se demander si le "machin" devant lui c'est beau et le guide à côté qui lui explique qu'il doit transcender ses conceptions de l'esthétique cognitive pour...chut! pas besoin d'explication, c'est super bien construit mais ça sent comme dans une église abandonnée transformée en bureau ultra-moderne. Sur certaines personnes le fond est très doux.
Moi je vais voir ailleurs.

I like and I think it's importable. I've the impression of being an ordinary tourist in a contemporary art museum wondering if the "thing" in front of him is beautiful and the guide just next who explains that he must transcend his conceptions of cognitive aesthetics to... shhh! needs no explanation, it is super well built but it smells like an abandoned church transformed into ultra-modern office. On some people the base is very soft.
Me I'll look elsewhere.

Na0
Na0

This is the exact reverse for me to CdG CdG 1.
I like the opening and the heart... But the base on me is absolutly disgusting, soapy and weird.

This is just my own experience, give it a try on your own skin, it could be different, because I maintain the fact that the perfume is at first great... But the base, yucks ! >.

vitilsky
vitilsky

It's funny, even with the comparison with Gucci Pour Homme I, I still think Loewe 7 is a MUCH more superior with a similar vibe fragrance. This is just incense, vetiver and aldehydes, and for me vetiver is a really overrated component, but vetiver + aldehydes is (and I tended to differ at first) somehow sickening for the most part.

This fragrance is like the odd spice in Indian cuisine. Acceptable but you would not put it in your plate again.

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

The first thing I felt when applying it was a nuance smoky wood being burned, a wood scented very natural. Quickly vetiver and nutmeg join the aroma, it becomes hot and dry, almost as dry as the opening of LDDM.

In evolution, it keeps my skin dry, half burned, with a leather added to the delicious aroma. That smell barbershop appears, making this a fragrance very masculine, even a little shareable in my opinion.

At the base, it is a bit creamier, with some floral notes and light. In the opening he projects very well, but in the evolution he loses this power, instead setting it is huge.

$tefanOud
$tefanOud

I had this one its very masculine but a bit too dark for me, i gave half the bottle to my father because in my opinion its for older man. But like the incense in this piece

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Nice opening, but now I'm left with inky vetiver and incense, with a hint of saffron.

Not bad, but I'm not crazy about this one.

fragrantpete.
fragrantpete.

I like it a lot. I cant improve on Luca Turin's description so I wont try..imagine a church where incense has been burned and someone has just snuffed out a candle...
Its masculine. And Gothic.
And on my skin very long lasting.

Petrichor
Petrichor

I give the smell of 2 Man a thumbs up, but with the caveat that you absolutely must test it before buying to make sure it works well with your skin. On mine, I barely got four hours from it, which is odd since I tend to get great longevity from scents, even ones people often complain about getting poor longevity from.

2 Man is bold and abstract, but not difficult to wear. If it lasted on my skin, I'd never have sold mine. But it didn't last. And I sold it.

amir68
amir68

CDG2man and CDG2 both are my favorite winter frags. Woody, dark and harsh. You wouldn`t go unobserved..categorical

antfarm
antfarm

My boyfriend adored this scent and went through this bottle with a quickness. It's a great fragrance that smells like printer toner or like the inside of an office supplies store. Very natural and unnatural at the same time.

williamvargas
williamvargas

initially i got a nuance of a clean "sweat" smell, i remembered wrestling in high school, sometimes we had to cut weight, what we used to do is shower, so that your body was still damp, we wore a plastic sweat shirt and pants under our regular sweats, you would perspire at a tremendous rate, would loose a lot of water in those workouts, but there was this clean smell of persperation..weird but that was my first impression..that vibe of masculinity. but then the scent will give you an aromatic incense type of smell , i love the after development of this fragrance! manly and animalistic to me, at first i wasn't sure what to make of it but the more i sniffed it,
determined that i really love this one... it does capture that essence of fragrance for me. interesting and worth sniffing. man stuff.. thinking tony soprano would rock this ..
somebody might get whacked.

deadidol
deadidol

This is the culmination of much of what CDG is all about. It's avant-garde, incredibly modern, and it flaunts its synthetic aspects with great pride. It's woody, incensey, complex, and highly idiosyncratic. But for those who like to impose their fragrances on everyone in their vicinity, this won't be for you. It sits close to skin with a more considerate silage allowing the wearer to get the most benefit from its effects. This is not an attention seeking fragrance -- it's fragrance-as-art to be enjoyed by those who appreciate such experiences and don't feel the need to burden others at the same time. Great stuff for the aficionado.

gmstrack
gmstrack

Comme des Garcons 2 Man by Comme des Garcons is an incense lover’s delight. I love smelling like I just stuck my head in a camp fire and then rolled around in random greenery. The usage of aldehydes is a stroke of genius that lends a cool yet waxy aspect to balance the huge bonfire burning in the back yard. The leather is aged liked a lived in jacket and doesn’t have that “beefy” steak-on-skin feel that can become overwhelming after a while. Yes, CdG 2 Man is much better than putting a steak in your pants. Also, this is loaded with Iso E super, but I guess I really enjoy my flavor enhancers. The rest of the fragrance involves citrus, spices, and in general, wood, but I really couldn’t tell you exactly what the notes are. The only issue I have with CdG 2 Man is development on the skin; after a couple hours the fragrance becomes a little generic.

4.5/5 Super! (heh)

Hoxx
Hoxx

Well, this one was my first contact with CdG and I liked every bit of it.

Its opening is quite aldehydic with some added spices and can be quite heavy on some people. The heart of this perfume is a part of it I like the most and it lasts the longest on my skin. I see it as a bitter, spicy vetiver, with slowly incoming smell of precious woods and leather. The drydown is rather smokey, with frankincense and leather dominating it, while still having some of the woods from the heart. Sometimes, though, I get more incense, even early on, and less vetiver.

This thing has a plus longevity, yet it's quite a skin scent - at least on me. While I get no less than 8 hours of longevity it projects very weak.

As I love vetiver I had to, at least, like this one. Everything that surrounded vetiver made me almost love it. A must-try.

axa5780
axa5780

10/10. fantastic!

marycon
marycon

Just think of a church or a cathedral surrounded by pine trees, the door is open and the smell of the burned candles meets the one of the trees. Beautiful fragrance, simply beautiful!!! My winter time favorite! 9/10!!!!

jtd
jtd

Iso E super has gotten a bad rap in the past few years. What started out as a simple aromachemical in the early 1970s has become the monster responsible for a monotonous (monolfactive?) genre of perfumes that has brought shame to the word woody. Drama, huh? Don’t blame the chemical,though. Blame the system.

There is an era specific (late 1980s - mid-1990s) group of perfumes, perfumers and houses that used iso-E Super as a panacea for problems of longevity and richness in perfume composition. Reliance on iso E Super led to a system like the 1980s Chelsea gay male clone conundrum. That is to say, an identifiable visual (or olfactory) and fashion style that broadcast anonymity and identity simultaneously. Context is the icing that finishes the cake. The person being considered, along with cultural clues (20th and 8th in NYC) and the context of the viewer (trolling Rawhide for action) go a long way to answering the question: Is that man a straight marine or a hardcore homo?

Both situations (the queers and the perfumes) led to a similar problem. For the Chelea fags, what if you didn’t look like a Ken-doll to start with? Altering themselves to fit the clone mold, a lot of urban fags I knew wound up ghettoized in a world that they felt shunned them. Perfumers wound up not simply using Iso-E Super as an adjective in their compositions, they began to envision compositions that were answers to the question, “What would Iso-E Super be just perfect for?!” They sought to create the ideal radiant, spicy woody perfume, and in the end made perfumes that just smelled of Iso-E Super. A bunch of clones. Rather than using the aromachemical as a floralizer, intensifier or optimizer (how the chemical is marketed by producers) this genre treats Iso-E Super as the end goal, and uses other bits and pieces to bring it out. The first Iso-E Super homage is interesting, and might be a commentary of sorts. The second and third show that this aromachemical can be a bull in a perfume shop. After that it's either creative complacency, laziness or a rut.

CDG Man 2 is one of the better iterations of what I'll call iso-style perfumes. (Others are Encre Noir, Ormande Woman, Terre d'Hermes, Feminite du Bois and Poivre Scaramandre.) It’s a riff on incense and other balsams, woody, but managing to be waxy and oily as well, suggesting essential oils and balms. It captures the acrid sear of smoking incense but also has the pine-like woody cleanliness of olibanum essential oil. 2 Man gets at a number of incense’s facets simultaneously in a way that neither burned incense nor incense oil could on their own. The drydown, much softer than the opening, is soothing.

When you read the following words or phrases in perfume marketing or criticism, beware. They often serve as code for iso-style.  Radiant, sheer, tenacious, velvety, woody, plush, atmospheric. When you see notes of cedar, incense, pepper and the classic "rare woods", think twice. Iso-E style perfumes are fine as long as you know what you’re in for, and if that is what you’re looking for, you CDG 2 Man is worth a try.

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

5/5 Great

DaZeD
DaZeD

The opening to me smells like a very fresh, more complex version of Rocky Mountain Wood by Dsquared, it has that same salty note in it too.

The drydown is different, darker and warmer with a prominent mirre note in it and that fresh sour spiciness slumbering more in the background.

It's smokey, dark and kinda fresh at the same time.
Mysterious, but very wearable.

I really love it!

Go4broke

Sprayed this on my wrist. Incredibly synthetic. Made me sneeze, then gave me a headache. Will be avoiding this one like the plague.

noor85
noor85

top note is Lalique White,the dry down similar to Nobel vetiver there is nothing exceptional.

fuggerone
fuggerone

heavy and penetrating, subtle and sexy, this scent goes down heavy in the groove!

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

It's very similar to Gucci pour homme in the opening, but ONLY in the opening. The drydown of CDG 2 man is much lighter. There is a menthol vibe about it, that I dont really like. It unfortunately reminds me of old people. I guess it's the aldehydes.
But all in all do I like this scent. But only because of the great opening of mysterious burning herbs.

I love the bottle desgin btw.

Garyjames
Garyjames

You know that smell, when the surprisingly kinky librarian drips hot candle wax on your chest, and you're thinking, 'if my hands weren't tied, I'd spank you'? I get a little of that here. Deep dark lovely dry down like peering at the moon through a thicket.

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

Begins like hologram version Gucci pour homme, then goes more citrus-incense way. Very intresting and intelligent scent, like modern art.

This one really opened my eys to beauty of synthetics in perfumery.

fahad.al dowailah
fahad.al dowailah

Starts off with sharp, smoky VERY smoky wood! It's probably from the aldehydes. The dry down is very similar to Gucci Pour Homme, but Gucci Pour Homme is more rich, deep and a tad sweeter. Gucci Pour Homme is definitely more exciting! But this one is more of a "to-go fragrance". This is not a Gucci Pour Homme equivalent, this is a different fragrance all together, its more modern woodsy and young. 7/10 :)

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Burning leaves. Scorching citrus. Brilliant aldehydes.

mse-21
mse-21

The opening on my skin is dominated by the so called 'Aldehydes', which at first I thought is a fresh clean citrus thing. The incense note is playing in the background at this stage while other notes are mostly supporting the whole structure. It dries down to a scent in which there is a better balance between Aldehydes and incense notes.

It stays for several hours but its subtle and mellow. It projects a scent which has similarities to that of Gucci pour homme but is certainly different enough to be considered something independent.

Overall: 7 out of 10.

Viktor Teplukhin
Viktor Teplukhin

Absolutely gorgeous! One of my favorites.

girasolina
girasolina

I live surrounded by ignorance and mediocrity. This lovely scent is not understood and is not sold in my city, they say it stinks! I can not believe it ... just smell the sea breezes and ozoniche ckone.! de gustibus ....

Markx
Markx

Mark Buxton is such a virtuoso and CdG 2 MAN shows the extent of his amazing talent, some people might compare 2 MAN to Gucci pour Homme and that is because of their inexperience, in reality you can't compare a painting done by a child to the Mona Lisa!

sagimarius
sagimarius

Yes, it's almost identical to what Gucci pour homme 2003 smells. Like burned sugar mostly. Many people say it smells smoky, but that's what i'm highly dissapointed in: it's only 25% of the smokeyness i need, it should have been A LOT more smokey. it just smells like burned sugar, colophony, Pino Silvestre, etc, sweet cheapy, easy to obtain smells. HIGHLY Dissapointed.
It ends in an absolutelly identical smell to Baldessarini Hugo Boss for men, which i also own. So i conclude the chemicals used are pretty much the same ones.

But today got me also a great satisfactory smokey smell: BIRCH TAR ESSENTIAL OIL. If you're a guy looking for the smell of campfire smoke-like perfumes, look for it. 2 or 3 drops of it in your favourite perfume will turn almost any perfume into a really smoky perfume and that just for a few dollars !!

gganoza
gganoza

Absolutely one of my favorites fragances of all time. for me, a smell that I cann still smell (though not wearing it). MAde for someone who isnt afraid to stand out from the crowd and smell different. It is CDG after all.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

difficult to wear in public. Best outdoor scent. Go camping in fall, wear this. You smell leafs burning., little soapy

update this scent didn't knocked me out yet, till today. damn i felt so good its going up to the masterpiece range 9.0 and higher

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

Nice but projection unsatisfactory, very weak on my skin. On the paper it is woody, smoky, dry, but on my skin it smells a little like plasticine.
Some say it is similar to Gucci PH - in my opinion these are two totally different frags, not comparable.

magneto78
magneto78

Not much projection but one of my all time favs. Cant stop sniffing me self

steveniox
steveniox

On me, this is pleasant. Starts out inky and incense-y, quite strongly so, but then fades quite quickly before coming back up to a floral hum, not far off the skin. My only gripe would be that the sillage isn't brilliant and it doesn't last long on me. Still, very nice.

yabadu
yabadu

nice but a bit harsh..

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

from

a true masterpiece frm comme des garcons, very manly and perfect for winters, very appealing and sillage and logevity is awesome , a very confident fragrance, u can never go wrong with tis, well these come in niche fragrance group, not everyones cup of tea, not for those who wear citrusy armanis and 212s and hugo boss etc.

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

I smell Super Iso in it - wonderful stuff!

John E Buoy
John E Buoy

This is one of my all time favorites. Go easy in the warmer weather with this one. I feel it is more suited to the cold days.
It is VERY similar to Le Labo Vetiver 46, if not identical.
If you like this one, do try the Wonderwood from Comme des Garcons.

sofianec
sofianec

I was looking to buy some hard to find fragrances and I got this one plus Antidote by Viktor & Rolf. Love 'em both.

Now on CdG 2 - It's pure, suffocating incense. It's shocking and avant-garde for the very brave out there to pull this one off. It starts very nice and heavy, then there is a point of suffocating chaos, then it settles nicely and becomes more leathery.

I love this one but stay away in hot weather and spray easy strictly evenings/nights. A must-have for a serious collector.

smokeandspice
smokeandspice

Perhaps one of my all time favourite scents from my absolute favourite fragrance houses. It reminds me of the incense burning in temples that my mother took me to as a child, but the leather and aldehyde notes give it a edgy urban twist that makes it more modern.

jae
jae

WHY do I like this so much? This is pure testosterone in a bottle. King Kong in a tuxedo comes to mind. It's definitely not to be worn in any type of warm weather from the initial blast. I can't pick out anything unisex about it. This is awfully avant-garde on my skin. There is actually a point in the development that I hate - when the wood and incense meet. After that, it's clear to me that this is a pretty well-constructed fragrance. The avant-garde factor tones down a bit further into the development. But I'd still be careful with this one. This does NOT belong in Kuwait's Spring/Summer weather AT ALL!!. But this would be perfect in a Korean Autumn/Winter, though. As the saffron enters the room of detectability, it rounds this composition out and makes it completely justified. With 8 88, the gratification is instant. With 2 MAN, the development is the key to enjoying this composition. Well done, Comme des Garcons. Well done...

This is very easy for me, beeing in the past my signature fragrance for quite a while. What really compells me about CDG2M is Buxton's ability to give it an overall incensey waxy feeling that's at the same time very realistic and completely synthetic. Let me put it in a different way. CDG2M smells like smoky-frankincense but it's clearly not made out from frankinense. It has the same astringent citrusy feeling but it's somehow smothered by a large dose of aldheydes that add an odd and barely sweet touch to the overall effect. Unique, abstract and very distinctive.

In my opinion, they just made one mistake at CDG, they should have named it Odeur 72!

Rating: 8.5/10

Papi
Papi

Reminds of Gucci PH (2003 version). Very long lasting, yet only EDT.

blackice
blackice

i tried this today...

I've read some comment on the net, saying this one smell exactly like vetiver 46 by le labo.

and yes, my nose detect the same scent.

i love vetiver 46 & i love this one also. more cheaper than le labo.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I love it, though I'm not sure I'd wear it.
It fantiscitcally unique. Creating a smell such as this shows true articulate passion, not caring who likes it or not,
"I wanted to smell like a woodfire! If you're not happy with that, piss off!"

Woody, and very very very smoky! You'll not find a smokier scent than this!

If you liked D&G the One or Gucci Envy for their smokiness, then you HAVE to try it, not necessarily buy it, just try it and see.
Very expensive though, they wanted something like $130-$150 for the 50ml!!!
It may be worth it in the sense of pure notes and compound, I dont know, but my blood just can't afford that!

guest_masak389
guest_masak389

I finally tested it westerday, and I agree with guest worth_it: it is too similar to Quorum by Puig. The mixture of vetirver and cuir, plus the spicy note in it (in Quorum it comes from cloves) brings a very intense chypre accord. I love it. It's very masculine (very 80's frag), but I think it fits better in mature.

Arvydas
Arvydas

Very interesting fragrance. I am delighted - though not sure I would like to wear it. Actually it smells to me of a fireplace, freshly burnt wood, caraway tea and good leather at the same time.For me it is indeed a very masculine fragrance

nikornplay
nikornplay

this rich and man macho sweating guy.from the beginning then turn down to the intense floral smoky, at the end left some burn woody scent.
this is very unique.

guest_worth_it?
guest_worth_it?

I just got this and all can say is that I smelled that before on another cologne and just can't pinpoint where or what; so nothing extraordinary like I thooght it would be. It is okay to make people notice you when you wear it because is not too overpowering but it exhales everywhere. For me it is not worth the $60 price tag.

4xxx4
4xxx4

wtf is this???!!!!!!! 2 man smells exactly like puig!!! buxton has a strange sense of humor,, this one is really not wearable to me!!!

Mentirosa
Mentirosa

This is actually a really well done fragrance in my opinion. It smells really good on my boyfriend. The scent is very powerful at first, then it flows into a nice drydown which stays close to the skin for hours.

If you want to smell different from all the boys wearing the "popular" Aquatic colognes. This is definitely a good way to go.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Another scent that is very good and with an excellent quality. It has a strong woody-herbal opening smell. That’s the moment in which I feel the vetiver mixed with the notes of iris and nutmeg. I felt it virile from this moment on.
Then, it become a calm and comfortable scent, which on my skin, it doens’t exhale too much. However, it lasts all day long. In the day I wrote this review, I was wearing it for about 6 hours and the smell was still delicious. The base is sweety and creamy. I didn’t feel neither the leather notes nor the incense ones.

The only think I have to complain is the loss of power. It would be more interesting if it stays strong as it is when it applied.

Fereiro
Fereiro

Absolutely unique. Smoky incense dominates at the opening and sounds very truly. From the first point of view, the fragrance may seem rather dark and heavy, but the drydown represents itself somekind a light, clean and smoky aura. The longevity is great. Gucci Pour Homme is similar to this at the first notes, but sounds more dirty and sharp. The drydown is different at all. 9/10 at my personal rates. It's hard to meet CdG 2Man in the crowd - this is сertainly another great thing about it.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I have been debating should I buy this fragrance and I am so glad I have. It is very masculine and the dark woody notes are so strong mixed with spices and the incense. I too get a whiff of the burnt wood which I actually like in this fragrance. I thought this would smell simular to Comme des Garcons 2 - but it is a totally different fragrance. 9/10

Aiona
Aiona

I know it says it's "for men" but it smells so good on me. Incense and cumin! Cinnamon! The incense fades on me after about 6-7 hours, leaving a barber-shop-y drydown, which I'm not so fond of. But the incense in the beginning is the highlight.

Smauglius
Smauglius

Incredibly interesting fragrance. I am delighted - though not sure I would like to wear it. Actually it smells to me of a fireplace, freshly burnt wood (probabaly birch), caraway tea and good leather at the same time.
For me it is indeed a very masculine fragrance.

CountAnubis
CountAnubis

CdG 2 Man is a wonderful masculine scent. I searched a long time for a really good Incense Parfume and with CdG 2 Men i found a perfect one. Because the main Impression is given by a very fine, clear, some sweet and realistic Incense Note, it smells like Arabian-Incense but the smoky Note of burning Incense is repleaced by precious Mahagonywood and its refinde with a kick of spicyness that supports the complex Incense aromas.

In short it is a multilayered, fresh and well defined Incense scent with a warm Woody and slightly Spicy base. I recommend it for all who like arabian fine Incense, Woods and masculine spices. I love it by now!! ;D Its different, not mainstream and unique.

10 out of 10 Points

fqjcior
fqjcior

Nothing special. The opening is very promising (in the Gucci PH vein but less dry, more sweety, floral, woody)but then after one hour the incense note disappears and ..... there is almost nothing left! If it is CdG, it is very disappointing. I would like it to last much longer. Apart from that the sillage is very low so I don't know... I am dissapointed. And prefering Gucci PH.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

But it's just the first base, rite Afaafra? After about 20 minutes, you realize yourself combine with 2Man turning into poweful scent. Such a rich, sweet, tasty... in a wonderful way. So manly, so dark, so sexy, very daring. And I love this masquilin sexy!

afraafra
afraafra

Very strong opening smells like ink and incense, reminds of Gucci Pour Homme(2003).

Comme des Garcons 2 Man by Comme des Garcons 4.35 out of 5 based on 610 ratings and 98 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons 2 Man fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons 2 Man, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Comme des Garcons 2 Man by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Comme des Garcons 2 Man by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.