Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Comme des Garcons 3 Comme des Garcons for women and men

Comme des Garcons 3 Comme des Garcons for women and men
dislike

Comme des Garcons 3 by Comme des Garcons is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women and men. Comme des Garcons 3 was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Mark Buxton. Top notes are magnolia, mandarin orange, pimento, basil, cassis and mace; middle notes are clary sage, freesia, jasmine, angelica, cardamom, immortelle, rose and pepper; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, guaiac wood, vetiver, incense, cedar, birch and olibanum.

Magnolia Mandarin Orange Pimento Basil Cassis Mace

Clary Sage Freesia Jasmine Angelica Cardamom Immortelle Rose Pepper

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Guaiac Wood Vetiver Incense Cedar Birch Olibanum

Unifaith (MoslBuddJewChristHinDao)

Comme des Garcons 3 Fragrance Reviews

polly golightly
polly golightly

concettuale, sintetico nella migliore accezione, questo è uno dei profumi che ha reso cdg così speciale tra i cretivi dell'olfatto, da farne avanguardia. l'accordo, tagliente come una lama, si inaugura con un odore acuto e leggero, resinoso e floreale, che richiama l'odore della grafite. quindi, come qualcuno ha notato, si percepisce un sentore, come di colla e di carta, insieme ad un che di alcolico. l'effetto è allo stesso tempo fresco ed erbaceo, laddove è pressochè impossibile rintracciare qualcuna delle note della piramide. la persistenza, bassa, ne fa una fragranza adatta al caldo. mai sentito nulla del genere.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

An ode to the “pencil sharpener” accord, synthetic cedar notes with vetiver, dry and “brownish” spices (cardamom above all, I also get something like nutmeg though), incense and zesty head notes of citrus with a herbal-floral breeze refreshing and sweetening the blend. Underneath all of this, a subtle sort of aqueous-creamy substance (sandalwood?) - with, as other reviewers noted, a “glueish” feel in fact (guess it’s the vetiver?). The notes may smell conventional, but the hyper-modern Comme des Garçons treatment once again manages to use them creatively to compose a really thin, unique, “contemporary” scent. A sort of more “milky”, more avantgarde, more futuristic and austere Gucci pour Homme I with distant echoes of Cacharel pour l’homme and Kenzo Jungle Homme (both sharing with CdG 3 the “spices-woods-citrus-lactonic texture” axe). Dry yet somehow creamy, exotic but transfigured onto a “grey” postmodern realm, much creative yet totally safe and wearable. Not much evolution though, it even stays quite fresh and citrusy for hours. It may smell a tad boring today, or however not that unique as back then, but still good and solid.

7-7,5/10

You never see this one anywhere in the UK even in shops which have a comprehensive selection of Comme des garcons fragrances. Luckily I found it in the CdG perfume shop in Paris and my word is 3 the epitome of this houses fragrances(?)
It's strangely aloof, avant garde and yet inviting. I can see how some of the fragrances from this house can leave people cold (especially this one) but I embrace the oddity and love to challenge my nose.
So I get fresh bright frankinsence type top notes even a hint of juniper the heart is slightly peppery and herbal then a woody drydown.
It's an odd fragrance and does have that cellophane, synthetic, new magazine, ink print smell to it. To me though it's quite warm and woody and comes across quite natural.
I may just have a soft spot for CdG, Mark Buxton's creativity and will forgive them pretty much anything.
It has an incense signature to it though and I love that about many of their fragrances, it's certainly not boring.
Modern and not for everyone but I enjoyed it, performance was average and longevity was not so good.

Allan R
Allan R

Hard to describe this fragrance. To me it replicates the experience of sticking my nose inside a brand new magazine. Glossy paper, fresh ink and glue.

(Another reviewer also mentioned glue, so I guess it's not just my imagination.)

That being said, I love it.

Cereza
Cereza

Aromatic and unique. The opening was strangely masculine, from one side "Comme des Garcons 3" delivers masculine aromatic spices and on the other there is a bunch of very sweet notes slightly resembling industrial glue. Very soon it settles to a skin scent of a rather pleasant woody unisex scent. Even though I did like the opening, the lack of development and staying power (3 hours) dissapoints me.

Worth a try for the first hour expierence, but not worthy of full bottle in my opinion.

DaZeD
DaZeD

The first wave is some kind of modern plastic-like freshness and an uncanny hint of fruitiness like i've never experienced before in a scent, later on there's a big resemblance with Hermes Voyage and as mentioned before a touch of Terre D'Hermes as well, later on a Frankincense note comes to surface and sweetens up a little to ad yet another layer.

then the whole slowly diminishes to a barely detectable scent unfortunately.

It's very loud and present in the beginning, the scent goes through 3 olfactory phases to eventually fade away to a very soft fragrance after about 3 to 4 hours, then it stays very close to the skin.

Although the longevity is very low, i do love the scent.

Edit: The longevity and sillage issue can be overcome by over applying, then it projects good enough and lasts quite a while longer.Hot weather of course, plays a big part as well.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Just ordered a sample from luckyscent I love the concept, will update if I love the smell as well. :)

Update: Bleck! XP, me no likey it smells like piney arm pits on my skin! ick least I only got a itty bitty vial && not a whole bottle...

padraiginrua
padraiginrua

I just got the sample for this and am wondering if I received the wrong juice. The top notes to me smelled so strongly of dirty ashtray that I couldn't stand it. The drydown was beginning to shift to a dirty ashtray in a forest, but I scrubbed it before I could see it through to the end. Did the Perfumed Court goof up??

CDG 3 strikes as one of the most easily approachable compositions in the house huge range. It's light and transparent with just a slight dose of weirdness given by the usual mix of naturals and synthetics that became an hallmark for all the CDG's lovers.

3 opens green and sour with angelica and unripe citruses joined by slight spices and white floral patterns. The overall effect is energizing and weightless but at the same time unmistakeably CDG with its tremendous futuristic vibe. A woody-incense base starts to remark its presence after a while turning, little by little, CDG3 into a transparent and radiant woody-flowery composition that could be the perfect alternative to CDG2 for anyone who don't like rose. Perfect for summer.

Downside: weak lasting power (I bypass this issue by simply over-applying).

Rating: 7.5/10

whipsmart
whipsmart

As lush as can be! The inspiration, supposedly, is a flower that doesn't exist yet.

I definitely pick up on the basil (which at first I thought was a spice) and, yes, the black currant. Funny that glitterlust references cassis, an alcoholic beverage, in her description -- I find 3 awfully similar to Fresh Citron de Vigne, which is champagne-inspired.

Anyway, this one covers all the bases: fruity, green, woody, spicy, you name it. Mark Buxton is a true genius. All hail!

glitterlust
glitterlust

This one couldn't get any better. There aren't any strong florals. It's centered more around a well rounded greeness with hints of cassis. It has the right balance of spices and a fresh woody base. It seems to suit all occasions and is versatile in both warm and cold weather.

rebella
rebella

I havn´t figure it out yet, maybe I never do. And thats a reason for me to really like Comme des Garcons fragrances. While I fell immidietly in love with CdG 1, this one is more of a shy one... At first it smells a lot of green pepper on me, and I find it a bit confusing but very fresh, wet and ripe. Luckyly it come off quite fast and are replaced with subtile notes of toffé, cream, different woods and some citrus... each of them comes and goes... Wakes my curiosity. Unfortunatly the fragrance is a bit weak and hard to catch, I can´t wait to try this in the summer. :)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons 3 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons 3, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Comme des Garcons 3 by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Comme des Garcons 3 by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.