Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint Comme des Garcons for women and men

dislike

Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint by Comme des Garcons is a floral green fragrance for women and men. Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. Top notes are mint and mint; middle notes are white pepper, red berries and cardamom; base notes are amber and white musk.

Mint

Green

Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint Fragrance Reviews

Bstefcorbin
Bstefcorbin

Love this stuff I would bathe in it - maybe I will! This smells edible. Imagine if you took just the tops of baby mint leaves, dunked them in simple syrup, then froze them on a tray - and there you have it. Zero staying power, but I will buy it again.

cdot
cdot

Makes me smell like a mojito....holiday time!

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

it is a great scent, at the time I sprayed it on my body, like I jumped into minted cold water...really fresh yet relaxing. I never found a fragrance like this....the closest thing to it was Thierry Mugler Ice Men shower gel, but still not as fresh as it is. Longevity and sillage are decent for a fresh fragrance, and sure I will get another bottle of it!

beate.geibel
beate.geibel

Oh what a delicious one you are.

The PERFECT mint scent, honestly, I dont know any other mint scent that doesnt smell like a mint tea or peppermint gum.

This one is so soft and sweet, airy and cooling

Another perfect summer scent

Perfume: 10/10
Price: okay

Kybid
Kybid

This is an awesome mint frag. It's all about fresh mint leaves, not at all like chewing gum and nothing like Menthe Fraiche. It's definitely got some pepper to it, which makes it unique. It doesn't project a ton, but it does last. It blends well with the cardamom and musk. If you're looking for a realistic fresh mint leaf frag, this is a great one.

Woah! This is a complete surprise as the the review below states...not what I'd been anticipating judging by the name. Not strong, fake, creamy or anything like a peppermint sweet. I've also grown various different types of mint and I can honestly say this does smell like them either. However Sherbet Peppermint has the most amazing green notes to it, fantastically fresh and invigourating but with peppermint running through it. Peppermint and spearmint are not the freshest to me but have a really lovely quality.
Comme des Garcons have basically combined a very lovely grassy, green texture, a minty one with a hint of pepper and played god, creating a synthetic yet totally natural hybrid...it's intriguing and to my surprise, wearable.
Don't get any amber really or any cardamom and the longevity is weak, you'd better just forget about projection this one isn't going to play ball.
Can't wait to try the others in this series as peppermint was not what I'd expected.

Buysblind
Buysblind

The mint in this smells nothing like the name "Peppermint Sherbet" would suggest. It is not sweet or creamy in any way. It is more on the herbal side and it smells very much like minty, wet grass. There is a bit of a soapy, rubbery feeling to it at times , but this isn't necessarily bad. Overall, it's pretty nice as far as a grassy, herbal mint fragrance. However, it is very short-lived. I dumped an entire dab vial of this on both of my forearms an hour ago and already it is nothing but a faint skin scent, the mint almost completely gone and only the soapy, rubberiness remaining. I would recommend trying out other mint fragrances before choosing this one. I find Roadster, Menthe Fraiche, and Herba Fresca are all better options.

Turtledove
Turtledove

This is so minty I just want to roll in it! It's all mouthwatering freshly-crushed mint leaves and rainy grass clippings, it's delicate but leafy and natural-smelling, no sherbet or chewing gum or anything else that I can notice. It has just a hint of slightly soapy vanillic warmth when it dries down to a pale wisp of nothing, which sadly is WAY too quickly for me, after only 45 minutes most of the mint is gone. But oh are those 45 minutes divine!

aristocrat
aristocrat

GRASSY - GREEN - MINTY- ...makes me think of the fresh clean smell of mowed grass wafting through the air on a cool summer breeze in a lazy day in June... The musk note for me translates as crisp white tea-roses. Oh so fresh! It's a heavenly little concoction, one that should be part of everyone's SUMMER fragrance collection!
I don't get any hint of sherbet from this... I think peppermint bliss or peppermint dream would have been a nice choice of name! J'adorrrrrrrrrre!

ralucucky
ralucucky

Very fresh, very minty. It reminds me of Herba Fresca - Guerlain (with better lasting power).

nekoni koban
nekoni koban

Well, it's mint... what can you say.

Forget the notes above, it is Top: Mint, Middle: Mint, Bottom: it doesn't last long enough to get to the bottom, but if it did I suspect it would be: Mint.

Very nice I suppose, but do you really want to smell like, ummm, mint?

Works as aromatherapy.

Tik
Tik

Very nice and clean scent for summer.

Commes Des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint may have a big name, but this little, understated scent is the closest thing I've ever smelt to fresh, green mint.

I'm not talking chewing gum, candy or strange chemicals, the mint represented here in this fragrance is just like the actual herb, like something picked fresh out of a garden. My mother used to grow mint in her herb garden when I was tiny and I still remember that intense minty smell when you rubbed a leaf between your fingers.

I wore this fragrance when it was fairly warm outdoors, and it served its purpose in refreshing me throughout the day. I honestly didn't get the sherbet reference, there is nothing sugary or fizzy about this scent at all.

Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint is definitely unisex, delicate and cooling. The longevity is fairly poor unfortunately yet this fragrance is easy to re-apply throughout the day.

The naturalness presented in this fragrance is what gets me rather excited, but when it comes down to it, this fragrance is quite an acquired taste. It's not really me, hence the reason why I haven't added it to my wishlist.

wanderer
wanderer

It started like wood on my skin and then the mint appeared. We were like 40º in Southeast Spain and the mint made a freezing feeling on my skin.
Interestign, but I am not sure if I want to smell like a mint julep!

Erika_K
Erika_K

Interesting scent, exactly like chewing gum, if anybody wants to smell like Wrigley's, do it. I'm not.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.