Designers » C » Woody « Groups

dislike

leather
aldehydic
smoky
Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Garage Comme des Garcons for women and men Pictures

Comme des Garçons has launched the project Parfums Series 2000. Fragrances of each of the lines are united around the common topic.

In 2004, Comme des Garçons have again declared war to natural components and launched the next series of anti-perfumes, Series 6 Synthetic. The smells of a big city are captured in a transparent plastic bottle in which you can observe a garbage bag. Everyone finds something familiar, and even dear, in it, just as we like the strange smells of our childhood.

Garage is a very romantic fragrance, which will most probably be liked by men as it evokes childhood memories of garage, father’s car, various interesting tools that smell ‘manly’ just as a boy can perceive. It is a romantic boyish smell connected to the dream of becoming a man.

The main notes are aldehydes, kerosene, leather and plastic, combined with floral, vetiver and cedar notes.

Aldehydes Floral Notes

Leather

Chinese Cedar Vetiver

Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Garage Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Contrary to what it may seem from its name, Garage is a menthol-balsamic scent on a “plastic” base, halfway musky, anisic, glueish and dusty. Overall really clean, neat, sharp and bright. I totally share the concept of “garage” alfarom suggests below: Garage is a cold yet cozy and pleasant fragrance which reminds me of some “synthetic classics” (Miyake, Kenzo), just less friendly, less mainstream and more austere in its olfactory depiction of the smell of solvents, cleansers, whatever liquids used in a laboratory – or a “garage of the future”. The name may be misleading mostly because there’s really no oily dirt or “raw” darkness here: Garage has rather the pale, cold brightness of industrial lights, and the clean, plastic sharpness of the abovementioned hypothetical “futuristic laboratory”. Either way it’s a really nice scent, much fascinating and like many Comme des Garçons works, perfectly able to mix the concept with the wearability: Garage is elegant, appealing, totally pleasant and safe, whether you care about the concept of “garage” or simply want a good and distinctive scent. Now, for some reasons this did not completely made me “fall off the chair” – meaning it was just a “nice!” rather than a “WOW!”, but it’s really worthy consideration.

7-7,5/10

ShelaghDelaney
ShelaghDelaney

Searching this and "tar" from same series for ages now.
Had samples of both and adore them. Desperately needed!

abck
abck

please if anyone has a bottle and would like to sell it contact me!

If the word "garage" brings to your mind of Harley Davidsons, trucks, bycicles, cars or whatever you may have inside your garage, this is NOT for you. Comme Des Garcons rendition of the garage it's definitely more futuristic than a post-seventies motorcycle rider with a long beard and a leather jacket working on his bike. This is more the smell of a maintanance area where they repair and polish aseptic white androids designated as supportive doctors on an interstellar base.

Yes, it smells of grease, oil, traces of kerosene, rubber and various lubricants but it's overall clean, extremly bright and...plasticky. It's a tidy garage, almost aseptic, with metal walls and a clean white floor illuminated by neon lights. Wearable? Probably not as much as the other fragrances in the Synthetic Series yet incredibly compelling and futuristic. More an odour than a proper body fragrance but nonetheless worth experiencing for its unquestionable uniqueness.

Rating: 7.5/10

scarletpimpernel
scarletpimpernel

after I dragged, this july 2011, my brother (the nose) & my hong kong girlfriend to the CdG boutique in a deserted sunday morning (thank you nico) in chelsea, under a 40 degrees killing NY sun, the tunnel entrance of the boutique was a warp velocity transporter (thank you scotty) to another place & another time (thank you brian ferry) . fresh, clean & somber, to me CdG recalls my '80s infatuation with japanese designers. yoji yamamoto, kansai yamamoto, issey miyake, kenzo & CdG's rei kawakubo. and it means paris in the '80s: place de victoire, rue etienne marcel, rue de grenelle & place des vosges. I lost track of the jap bunch in the '90s. now in 2011 I went back to search for the special scent of these lost years. CdG in the new millennium became very niche & made more fragrances than anyone can bear. unfortunately the synthetic series 6 is discontinued even in the chelsea flagship store. but, after spritzing a little wonderwood (wow! CdG 2 men without the candle, another wow!), a little dover st (splendid), some odeur 71 (oh disappointment!) I asked to a really beautiful jap girl in synthesis (thank you david bowie) if she had some series 6 hidden in her sleeve (thank you mick jagger). she radiated the most gorgeous smile (I don’t know why: perhaps series 6 is her favorite or perhaps she was so glad to get rid of the leftovers, or perhaps she thought I was so hype it hurts). she asked me to wait a little, went in the very hidden bowels of the store & returned carrying tar, skai & garage, telling that she had only 6 left of them. oh joy!
I spritzed skai on my brother's wrist & he made something with his nose,I do not know how to tell in english, obviously in utter contempt; I spritzed tar on my HK girlfriend & she tried to slice me with her katana like I was a ripe melon. so I was the only skin left to test garage. I must say that even if tar's a flawed experiment I liked it & at that point my nose was too tired to feel skai, that is really faint & subltle. but garage grabbed me to my throat & it was instantly ME.
this is not a fragrance review, ít's a mood description. & I will quote my HK girlfriend words upon smelling garage on my inner elbow. “I have a vision of you licking a pierced navel…” & I thought: “… of a sweaty hunk's six packs abs covered in motor grease…". after that there were no more words left to say. garage was chosen & I left the store with one more bag on my shoulder that really improved my shopping experience. gorgeous!
p.s everybody thinks that this summer I lost my mind (or better my nose) because my july in NY scented of CdG garage, OdP chaman’s party & lelabo patchouli 24. I mean, each time I moved in the still, african-hot air around me, there was always someone sniffing around to see were the fire was, or were the road accident, with burning car's tires had happened. perhaps it was simply the hot weather melting the street tar. NY at its kinkyest…

glitterlust

It's not actually licorice, it's a fresher anise smell much like Kenzo Air Intense. And overall the base is like Kenzo, the vetiver and hidden florals.

glitterlust

There are definitely similarities between Garage and Bvlgari black. They share a similarly rubbery top note but the notes in Garage don't develop into the soft vanillic base of Black. They remain fairly sharp with hints of licorice and incense. It's a butch fragrance with good grip.

mariotgomez

This is the fragrance for the man who "hates to wear any EDT or Perfumes because it's too girly to do so." I have a friend who will not wear fragrance for that reason. He is an avid car lover and loves working on cars.

The predominant scent in this fragrance by CdG is aldehyde. The aldehyde remains from the first spray to the end of the day. The other notes come out on occasion. This fragrance will remind you of a tire shop or a mechanics shop.

The kerosene scent is there but not too much. You do get hints of leather. Like the smell of the inside of a new car with leather upholstery.

My partner one day told our mutual friend of this fragrance. About a week later, we received a email informing us his fiance purchased this scent for him. He stated, "I never thought of the day were I would be looking for an occasion to wear this scent."

There is always a fragrance out there for everyone.

mariotgomez

If you are looking for something that is similar to CdG: Garage but not so intense, get Bvlgari Black. Bvlgari Black is like a sophisticated version that you can wear daily, while CdG: Garage is something hard to wear.

mariotgomez

I bought this for my partner for Valentine's Day. He is a total gear head and loves cars. This fragrance brought back memories for him of working on the family car with his father. Garage is not a fragrance for everyone, that is why I like it. CdG keeps suprising me with amazing combinations of scents.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Garage fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Garage, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Garage by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Garage by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.