Designers » C » Woody « Groups

Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Tar Comme des Garcons for women and men
dislike

leather
aldehydic
Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Tar Comme des Garcons for women and men Pictures

Comme des Garçons has launched the project Parfums Series 2000. Fragrances of each of the lines are united around the common topic.

In 2004, Comme des Garçons have again declared war to natural components and launched the next series of anti-perfumes, Series 6 Synthetic. The smells of a big city are captured in a transparent plastic bottle in which you can observe a garbage bag. Everyone finds something familiar, and even dear, in it, just as we like the strange smells of our childhood.

Tar is a smell of hot asphalt road that excites the passionate drivers, the smell of exhaust pipe gases, melted bitumen, and cigarette smoke. But, there can be a bit of nature, at least through the car window – sweet nuance of oppoponax resin and optimistic bergamot. Through all this chaos and polluted air of metropolis there wriggles the odor of wet soil after the rain.

The main notes are aldehydes, bay leaf, kerosene, leather, plastic floral notes, vetiver acetate, Chinese sandal wood.

Opoponax Bergamot Styrax Aldehydes Floral Notes Leather Bay Leaf Vetiver Sandalwood

Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Tar Fragrance Reviews

picknenders
picknenders

Pretty cool if you ask me! Love this type of avant garde perfumery. Not for everyone, but certainly reminiscent of an industrial, pungent scent win a little sweetness. Happy to add this to my collection.

TheNation

Please help me on this: Who is the prfumer of TAR?

teenlove
teenlove

my favourite fragrance of all time. it has a ballardian vibe of fresh urban decay which i as a post-punk fan find irresistable. surprisably playful and wearable while remaining suggestive and apocalyptic.

now that i lost my bottle and it's nowhere to be found i'm in mild distress. i find cdg black offers solace as a light-weight substitute, but far from the real deal. if anyone has tips on a good replacement or stockists of tar i'd be forever indebted :)

TheNation

I remember the summers of my child hood when me and my friends, were digging with our naked big toes in the melting tar strips of the street in the hot sun...sticky, gooey, glooey!
ROARRR...god, I love it when u mix with my summer perspiration, Hot - Hotter - Tar

francesca.w
francesca.w

Hi everybody PLEASE HELP.

I love this scent which I received in a swap from the very kind K1. My bf is loving it, which is something rare as he doesn't like scents - I know that's a motif for murdering him. Anyway, it's the only scent he's intrigued by and looks discontinued at the moment.

It smells so good and so sexy. Of course you have this strange tar smell at the opening, something rubber-ish too, it's the first impression and it's like a nice surprise, or a nice smelling-experience. Then, the scent is getting sweeter, still remaining unconventional (which is a plus for me) but loosing the weird 'what the hell are you wearing' impression.
I wonder if I would like it anyway if I didn't know the name and the concept of the series, but... does it really matter?

So my humble request of help: has ANYBODY seen it by chance somewhere, online shop or traditional shop that I can contact?
I don't mean it's matter of life or death but.. yeah.... you know how it works.

******EDIT*******
I FOUND IT.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

With some perfumes, there is no point in enumerating the notes that the perfumer used to try to get where s/he was going. It's better just to say what it really smells like and leave dithering about ingredients to perfumes that just smell like perfume.

For the first couple of minutes I smell a decided overtone of brand new vinyl shower curtain, but then Tar gets down to business and smells just. like. tar. I am very, very impressed. Then some burned rubber, like hot rod tires on a sun-baked street when a driver has just peeled away from the curb.

Amazing, just an amazing job of truth in advertising...if Bond #9 was really interested in creating perfumes that smell like the districts they are named after, I can think of several parts of NYC that would be fine candidates for the honor of having this scent as their namesake.

nekoni koban
nekoni koban

yes, the entire Synthetic series (and Tar is surely the best of the series) has been discontinued for some time, and now the deadstock is also running out, but I think you can still find it.

WoodWood in Copenhagen still had a decent stock a few months ago -- they are quite unusual in always carrying the entire CdG line, more than even Dover St Market in London. They don't do online sales, though (as a point of principle).

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

So today I'm wearing Bvlgari Black and I happen to receive my large sample pack in the mail kindly delivered by fellow connoisseur of fragrances and good friend of mine, Walkdogg, and inside is this gem, CDG Tar. On one wrist is Bvlgari Black and on the other wrist I applied CDG Tar. It's fascinating how strikingly similar the two are however the CDG Tar has so much more depth and fulfilling/intoxicating notes of leather, asphalt, and burning tires that is somehow blended in a way that it is overwhelmingly attractive. I am not detecting any notes of the cigarette smoke. What a fascinating layer this is Bvlgari Black & CDG Tar. Both are perfect for each other and arouse my senses putting me in an uplifting mood. Recently, I've been turned on to Comme des Garcons fragrances and at this point, I will admit that I am hooked. So quickly, it became an obsession and a goal to own the entire line.

Na0

Just a little add (I don't edit my previous review because this is not about the review itself) :

In only 1 day, it left no one indifferent. Every people I met today asked me what was it, first time it happens to me... Some love, some hate, but with that one (and I said, as it's not loudy, you won't disturb anyone, just intrigue), trust me, you will left an impression to your entourage.

For me, a perfume has 3 main purposes :
- Smells good (for you, mainly).
- Feel good (and confident) as it's your alter-ego, your second skin.
- Leave an olfactory memory of yourself in the minds of people.

In only 1 day, this perfume reached all of them.

Review in one sentence ?

POLLUTION HAS NEVER SMELLED SO GOOD !

Review summarized in one song ?

Sons of Anarchy theme song.

You want a full review ? M'okay ! =)

Yes it smells like tar, and smoked tires, with a leather touch. Like a biker, wearing proudly his new leather jacket, who smokes his cigaret after a ride in a big city on his metal monster.

But wait ! Why this bad boy have made this ride ? For his girlfriend, and he doesn't come empty hands, he has a very delicate bouquet of flowers on his hands. Not that one which smells a lot, but those ones, white, with a perfume almost fleeting.

So voila... A very masculine, virile smell, leather, tar and rubber with a lovely flower note.

The sillage is ok, just enough to notice it, but not too much, so you don't have to worried about asphyxiate people who won't love this particular "urban" smell.

The longevity ? Awesome.

Tar is actually much less scary than it may sounds. Yes, it smells of pure asphalt and it is somewhat weird but, as usual with Comme Des Garcons, it results wearable, absolutely unique and very distinctive (assuming you're fine with the typical avant-garde aspect of most of the house's deliveries).

Upon application, Tar delivers an industrial accord of black asphalt juxtaposed to a slightly strident note of bergamot. The overall effect is remarkably modern, sort of urban-industrial in a very artistic way, unconventional yet very compelling. In this phase Tar brings to mind of large clean basements, modern art exhibitions at the Hamburger Banhoff, minimal techno parties taking place in ex-warehouses now turned into alternative clubs, brand new modern buildings, high speed trains, cabs, temporary Guerrilla stores, rainy days, wet asphalt. Tokyo, Berlin, New York...

The fragrance evolves into an amazing styrax driven drydown that while being slightly more approachable than the opening, it's still far from resulting conventional. Insensey, woody with just a hint of sweetness and with the typical synthetic facet that's the house's hallmark. Probably not a fragrance to anyone's taste but, if you're up for something really avant-garde, there's nothing like it.

Once again, when it comes to the binomial "weird and wearable", there's nothing like Comme Des Garcons.

Love it!

Rating: 8.5/10

glitterlust
glitterlust

Tar and Dry Clean are my favourite in this range and both very wearable. This is very similar to Odeur 71 but not as sweet and much more rubbery. You get a lovely fake rubber opening note that settles into very soft and slippery leather scent. It lasts well and is never cloying or overpowering. I would recommend this to anyone who has a thing for leather fragrances but wants something velvety soft (and doesn't mind a good dose of rubber).

reludep
reludep

I LOVE this fragrance, unfortunately I believe it is discontinued in the stores (as I bought the last one).

It is a great layering scent, adding a bit of mystery to the otherwize trivial or typical scent in your fragrance wardrobe.

I would describe the scent as a mixture between poison, printer toner, burnt rubber, india ink, and car seats.

The packaging is AMAZING (the liquid is held inside of a black plastic bag encapsulated by the outter plastic tube.) And the spray with one spritz is refreshingly gratifying as it has a wide yet light range of spray.

If you like CDG odeur 71, you'll love this addition to the synthetics series (which is actually seperate entities which make up the odeur 71 fragrance to the best of my knowledge.)

The price is also great, running way less than your average CDG fragrance at 50-60 dollars.

I wouldn't reccomend this to someone who fears smelling..well shal we say 'different' or does not want to stand out. My only concern with this fragrance is that I'm not confident with its sillage or its lifespan, as I often forget I'm wearing it, however this may be perfect for a more intimate occasion; a scent someone will definitely remember you for.

If you're a fan of strange, unique, yet sophisticated scents like I am, you'll find great joy in a bottle of Comme Des Garcons Synthetics:Tar.

rebella
rebella

Another CdG fragrance that is amazing. And really hard to describe offcourse...

Love it, love it, love it!

It is like sitting at the sidewalk in a big and busy city, it is summer, hot, crowded but right across the street is a green and flowery park... But I think I´m to lazy to leave my place in the shadow. Close my eyes and imagine that I am in New York or maybe Buenos Aires...

My biggest problem with this fragrance is that it´s smell almost better on my husband! It suites him terrific, when he wear it I get all soft and weak... He smell dangerous, sexy and just about to take a ride on his HD. Please let me follow!

It isn´t hard to wear, actually it is really likeable and in a way easy.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Tar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Tar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Tar by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Comme des Garcons Series 6 Synthetic: Tar by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.