Designers » C » Oriental « Groups

dislike

cacao
Comme des Garcons Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa Comme des Garcons for women and men Pictures Comme des Garcons Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa Comme des Garcons for women and men Pictures

Comme des Garcons Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa by Comme des Garcons is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. Comme des Garcons Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa was launched in 2005. Top notes are dark chocolate, grapefruit, lemon and bergamot; middle notes are coriander and cardamom; base notes are coconut and pepper.

Dark Chocolate Grapefruit Lemon Bergamot

Coriander Cardamom

Coconut Pepper

Comme des Garcons Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa Fragrance Reviews

CoconutCoffee
CoconutCoffee

I suspect this fragrance looked good on paper - people-pleasing chocolate; a low-risk cliché combo of coconut and citrus; a 'unique selling point' in the form of warming spices (coriander) to enhance the warmth of chocolate and coconut with a deeper citrusy tang to enrich the fruits (cardomon) - cheap to achieve and not too original. Yup, very middle-of-the-road and thus must have given enough projected sales to get a tick of approval from the accountants and executives controlling the product development budget. The frag is very 'production line', does what it was designed to do, and it is not for me.

Personally, I hate most chocolate (both how it feels in my mouth, cloying, which makes me gag, and the smell of it - I like cocoa so it is something in the process of making chocolate that adds the elements that nauseate me, no idea what). The chocolate I like is very dark over 70% cocoa solids which tastes like very bitter licorice to me. But this is cheap 'own-brand' milk chocolate with less than 30% cocoa in it. Cloying. Gagging. I hate the combination of coconut and citrus. No to lemon, no to lime. I think coconut needs to partner with bitterness to become interesting. Sourness seems to seal the flavour inside coconut so that it is reduced to a linear scent or even a boring monotone. Bitterness seems to open its pores so the deep aromas in coconut flood out. If it had to be a citrus then I think Seville orange peel would be better. But I think what coconut needs in order to sing is to partner something as bitter as earwax and no citrus has that power - the yellow pith in pomegranates or very strong black coffee or absinthe are better ideas. I love spices so yes to coriander, yes to cardomom, but not with these other ingredients. Ugh! For me, it's all wrong.

This play-it-safe frag is proof that formulaic fragrances are not guaranteed to succeed. I'd have more respect if someone at the factory had thrown out the rule book and tried combinations based on personal taste instead of actuaries tables. I'd like to try a frag with coffee, coconut, Seville orange peel, pomegranate pith, wormwood, cumin and corriander. And if that sounds too bitter for a 'sweet' fragrance then maybe add a dash of rice wine vinegar with the mild sweet and sour vibe of sushi rice - I like sweet but hate sugariness.

Maybe my tastes are too emphatically 'niche' for me to be fair to this mainstream product? I should stop buying such things but I keep saying to myself maybe this time it will be different. Well, I was wrong. Not for me. If you like it then I'm happy for you - if we all had the same tastes life would be boring. Enjoy! :-)

jlfears
jlfears

For the scent alone, this gets a high rating from me. It starts off like spicy hot chocolate, and dries down to a mix of cocoa puffs and fruit loops. I love it.

For staying power, it gets a Zero. It lasted 10 minutes on me, kid you not.

meama
meama

26)More challenging than i expected. The beginning is ... yes ...like urine but in the same time attractive. The best part comes after, when the urine smell goes away, it's close ,but not as good as, Anima Ducis.

One of the very few fragrances by Comme Des Garcons that I'm not able to dispassionately love. Spicy Cocoa is a chocolate/citrus gourmand with a dissonant/contrasting aspect given by the spices (mainly cardamom). It opens with a an edible accord of cocoa joined by orange and other citruses while cardamom and coriander provide a challenging fecal/sweaty twist that's not exactly what I usually call "successful". The fragrance turns pretty soon into a more conventional and moderately sweet gourmand of little interest. Not completely bad but still pretty far from being my type of fragrance.

Rating: 5.5-6/10

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

Dark chocolate,coriander,cardamon oh yes I love u,I feel like the Maya who were extracting from the seeds of cocoa tree the dark magical liquid.
They would have probably blend it with other herbs and that would give this magical result.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Comme des Garcons Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Comme des Garcons Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Parfumerie Generale PG10 Aomassai Guerlain Angélique Noire By Kilian Love by Kilian Parfumerie Generale PG04 Musc Maori Parfumerie Generale PG18 Cadjmere Molinard Habanita Tom Ford Amber Absolute Guerlain Tonka Imperiale Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille Etat Libre d`Orange Noel au Balcon Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile L`Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant Guerlain Cuir Beluga Montale Chocolate Greedy Serge Lutens Arabie Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 7 Sweet: Burnt Sugar Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Serge Lutens Chergui Mona di Orio Vanille