Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli Comme des Garcons for women and men

Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli Comme des Garcons for women and men
dislike

Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli Comme des Garcons for women and men Pictures Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli Comme des Garcons for women and men Pictures Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli Comme des Garcons for women and men Pictures

Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli by Comme des Garcons is a Woody Spicy fragrance for women and men. Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli was launched in 2007. Top notes are bearberry, white pepper and fenugreek; middle notes are patchouli, opoponax and oak; base notes are sandalwood, vanilla, vetiver and cedar.

Bearberry White Pepper Fenugreek

Patchouli Opoponax Oak

Sandalwood Vanilla Vetiver Cedar

Luxe Patchouli Eau de Toilette

Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli Fragrance Reviews

muzzbait
muzzbait

reaaally dry patchoulli here, which is great if that's your scene. but man, this is quite dry, astringent even. nice.

williamvargas
williamvargas

a very nice patchouli scent. have read a lot about this one..i like it, I think I prefer monegal's mon patchouli. if I did not have that or have smelled it, I would jump on this one. have not compared price points yet. this is a thumbs up for me as a great fragrance. should be checked out. if you have not checked out monegal's though , you should as well.

Carnation
Carnation

This is a review for the edp in the cube bottle.

A dirty,herbaceous scent. For me,it smells very little like patchouli.
It opens on a rather salty,herbal note. Not herbs that are associated with toiletries,but more like cooking herbs,specifically celery. In fact it bears somewhat of a resemblance to Maitre Parfumers Grain des Plasir for the first 30 minutes. After that, the patchouli does peek through but it's barely smelling like it's namesake.
While I consider CdG to be one of my favorite niche lines,this one is my first perfume from them I didn't particularly care for.

alittlebrittle
alittlebrittle

THE most edible, delightful, warm and sumptuous patchouli EVER! I yearn for a bottle or even a decent sized decant of this. I go through the samples far too quickly and refuse to pay 200.00+ for a fragrance!

This is a buttery woodsy resinous patchouli--gorgeous! I'd wear it every day if I could get my hands on it!

drakesito
drakesito

I don't like patchuli based fragrances. And this one is. Earthy and dirty. I don't find it to be that bad, just pointless. Some of the "compliments" I've got with it were: dirty, strange, "not how a fragrance should smell".

Scent - 4/10
Projection - 8/10
Longevity - 9/10

Overall - 4/10

A Big Pass!

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

Others are correct about this; it might be pricey, but just a dab will do you. Outstanding, and I am not a patchouli person. Manages to feel super high quality without being completely defanged. Earthy is right, but it's like dirt without feeling dirty. FBW.

meama
meama

149) the dead of the flared pants
Who said that patchouli was a teenage hippie scent in the seventies? Not Comme des Garçons anyway. The impression of wealth and compact mass that emerges from the first notes attests.
Created by Antoine Maisondieu, the nose of the unforgettable Rush for Men, Armani Code and quite some Etat Libre d'Orange. ( Why Frangrantica gives so little attention to identify the real creators of fragrances?it is very disrespectful no?)
Here we find the moldy note who looks like a fermented yeast with a little culinary evocation of English "Marmite" without being disagreeable. A aniseed and peppery accord upgrades this massive building,by fusing and spicy freshness. The woody facet of Sumatra patchouli used here (the best quality) is enhanced by the presence of smoke and dry cedar, vetiver and sandalwood, while his dark undergrowth side is amplified by the resins (opoponax), the vanilla and oak moss.
Comme des Garcons did not need to name it Luxe, simply smell it convinces that true luxury in perfumery today is more in this avant-guarde Franco-Japanese brand than in the so-disantes niche luxury brands, who declined all their fragrances on the Oud, the sugary fruityPatchouli ( and all what their market analysis department tell them to do.

Na0
Na0

I don't know if it worth its price, because that's the first "luxuous" fragrance I smell. So I can't compare with other like Killian, or Amouage...

But for the perfume itself, let me tell you that's the BEST patchouli I ever sniffed. I am really tired of sweety patchouli all around the market. This one is not sweet as all, very masculine, deep, lovely sharp.

A beautiful oriental / powdery / spicy gem. The longevity and the sillage are INSANE, it surrounds you like a mystical aura, as you were on an oriental palace on Sahara, full of spices.

I won't buy it, because of the price, but I'll jealously keep my 1ml sample of this wonderful stuff. Just... Wow.

If you want to put the price on an awesome but expansive fragrance and you love patchouli (not AT ALL sweet) with spices, go for it.

190€ the 45ml... but wow, you only need one spray to wear you for a long time with a mysterious sillage.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

احساس استشمام یک مرد ویک زن با تکبر خاص خود ودر محفل مخصوص یک محیط کاملا شیک اگر بتوانید تصور آن را داشته برای عبور از این مسیر خوش رایحه تند اما با انگیزه برای شما که مقداری در این فضای احساسی توقف تا ورزش باد برای عبور تلخی که آرامش حوس انگیز برای مردان وزنان جسور برای لذت بردن از جنگلی چوبی نم ناک قارچی را هر انسانی به کنجکاوی وادار میکند

ZELJO
ZELJO

too expensive for what it is, try Molinard patchuli intense, Mon patchouli by Monegal or patchouli by Historire de perfums, probably better than this one and not THAT expensive

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, No...?

"Yesss!"

$300 / 45ml ????

"Hellll Noooooo!!!!!"

"Damn it, CdG, I'll take it!"

The best patchouli ever. Hands down.

(if you turn the bottle around, it looks like a $3.60 nail polish) WTF Rei Kawakubo? Can't you give us something better than this?

-Mr. Almond-

Patchouli, patchouli, patchouli. Comme des Garcons has represented and composed this note well. In other words, you'll either love it or hate it, depending on how you feel about patchouli.

Series Luxe: Patchouli goes on rather thick and heavy, further complimented by resinous and rubbery accords. Initially this fragrance smelt to me like something I would put in my car to assist engine function rather than something I would apply to my skin. It was also very masculine, which made me a little uncomfortable.

Thankfully, Series Luxe: Patchouli softens considerably towards the heart. It tends to smell much drier rather than oily, with one of my favourite notes, opoponax providing an exotic, oriental feel. At certain stages the opoponax nearly smothers the patchouli, as I tend to smell more resinous and syrupy accords rather than the infamous musky and earthy patchouli scent.

Series Luxe: Patchouli never loses its sense of masculinity. As a woman, wearing this fragrance makes me feel as if I should go out and buy a Harley and ride off into the pitch blackness of the night, (as riding off into the sunset sounds too romantic for this occasion).

As a patchouli lover, it's hard to dislike this fragrance and not admire Comme des Garcons' quirky approach. However, because there tends to be a lot of opoponax in this fragrance too, I find myself comparing Series Luxe: Patchouli to my all-time favourite resinous oriental, Prada Opoponax No.8. I tend to reach for other fragrances over and above Series Luxe: Patchouli, which leaves it rather unloved in my sample box.

I will conclude by saying that I enjoyed Series Luxe: Patchouli on my skin, even finding it impressive in terms of sillage and longevity. Yet, time and time again it has proven itself to be far more masculine and less complex than I expected it to be.

A terrific patchouli/fenugreek/angelica root composition. If you dislike bold and dark fragrances you should better stay carefully away from Luxe Patchouli as it's very powerful and noticeable. The main element is blended with a strong immortelle note providing the typical burnt sugary quality while a strong resinous and moderately sweet base, adds extra body to this thick earthy composition. Less sweet than Sables but richer than Fareb, Luxe Patchouli is a perfect example of a dark fragrance with a modern twist.

Unisex, intense, long lasting and unique. Another winner from the guys at Comme Des Garcons.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

this is a fantastic patchouli. it has a sweetness to it that wafts underneath the strong notes and makes the scent SO inviting. i was quite impressed with it. sillage was good for a while and the longevity has been 'okay'. i think the drydown is rich with what i can only assume is a very high quality sandalwood. at $650 per 100ml this juice is just super-pricey. they're making Creed look cheap and giving Xerjoff a run fo their money! i'd love 45ml of it, but i'm gonna sample every damn patchouli scent on the planet before making that commitment. if you like patch, you owe it to yourself to try this!

UPDATE: so i've collected literally dozens of patchouli scents and have been slowly doing fairly seriously comparisons between them. one thing worth mentioning is that (IMO, FWIW) the distinctiveness of this juice is a function of the opoponax being mixed in with the quality patch. that's where its 'sweetness' comes from when compared with other patch's. it's a shame Opo + Patch isn't more common of a mix than it seems to be!

spoombung
spoombung

This is great; a huge, sticky, spicy, dense, powerful mix of immortelle and patchouli. Difficult to wear, I'd imagine, due to the strength and slight bitterness.

However, there's no way in a million years I'm going to cough up the huge amount of dough they're asking for this stuff. How could it possibly cost this much?

nekoni koban
nekoni koban

Deep, warm, comforting, pure, a bit sweet, yes, all that. Certainly best in its class. But is it so very different from the one-note patchouli essential oil you can buy from street-vendors (the same ones that sell the bead bracelets) for next to nothing? Mmmm...not really. I will say, though, that the quality is outstanding and a little goes a long, long way. Enormous longevity and sillage.

pitbull friend
pitbull friend

I would actually call this Luxe: Curry Powder. Nothing distinctively patchouli about it - a strong wood note that seemed more like cedar to me. Very spicy, dry & nose-tickling. I also think it would be better on a man.

om
om

I never thought that I loved patchoulies and this one tried only of curriosity - just to know how this plant smells like. I was almost sure that I would hate it.. but..- if that is pure pachouli smell - I love it! For me it is very warm, soft and rich. Maybe on man it could be even better.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

This is a great patchouli for those who like their patch old-school style. Very earthy (no "user-friendly patch here) and slightly sweet, it's a must try for patch lovers!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Comme des Garcons Series Luxe: Patchouli by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.