Designers » C » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Comme des Garcons x Undercover Holygrapie Comme des Garcons for women

Comme des Garcons x Undercover Holygrapie Comme des Garcons for women

Comme des Garcons x Undercover Holygrapie Comme des Garcons for women Pictures

Jun Takahashi, the designer of the cult fashion house Undercover, is famous for his dolls, called Graces, made of metal, exotic fabrics, teddy bears, light blubs and other materials. First two perfumes by Undercover are created in partnership with Comme des Garçons.

Holygrapie is the scent of “baby doll”, subtle, gentle and silky, with its notes of purple ginger, mandarin, rhubarb, black pepper, iris, incense, ylang-ylang, nutmeg, Australian sandalwood, cedar, patchouli, styrax and vetiver.

It is available as 50 ml EDT.

Comme des Garcons x Undercover Holygrapie was launched in 2010.

Ginger Mandarin Orange Rhubarb Black Pepper

Orris Incense Ylang-Ylang Nutmeg

Sandalwood Cedar Patchouli Styrax Vetiver

Comme des Garcons x Undercover Holygrapie Fragrance Reviews

What a nice opening! A fizzy and sparkling combo of nutty notes, pepper and rhubarb with greenish citrusy facets. All the CDG's hallmarks are there in a subtly twisted mix of abstractness, modernity and restraint. The fragrance then turns into an aloof middle phase of ice-cold iris and incense to then, sadly, fall apart during the drydown bordering into housekeeping / functional type of smells. Clean, kind of aseptic too if you want and eventually not completely satisfying.

After all, just a minor release in a range that delivered waaaay more relevant fragrances in the past 20 years or so.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Holygrapie opens as a creamy-green scent with bright floral notes (bit à la Wisteria by the same brand), slightly spicy too, fresh and crunchy with a general feel of synthetic and clean abstractness, well blended with a subtle musky “wet soil” base accord which “darkens” the scent, providing a sort of “humid concrete” feel on the very base (not sure what this may be due to, though – I guess styrax and woods). Apart from this gray shade, a “white” scent indeed. I also get the rhubarb note, kind of melting with the green notes. Then, after one hour or so, Holygrapie almost unexpectedly “opens” blossoming up in a brighter, minimal sort of powdery blend, sweet and slightly soapy, with sandalwood, ylang and orris root emerging. It becomes softer and sweeter than the initial stage, with pink nuances blending with white and grey. All still much clean and tamed down with a bold sort of “contemporary austere” feel, yet really nice. I enjoy the transition between the initial and quite sharp greenish-sour-crunchy accords to this second phase, much more on the silky-sweet side. I also quite like the fact this scent may appear almost dull or too light (well, it’s a bit light indeed...), while instead I find it clever and refined – just a “whispered” kind of refinement. Nice!

Holly May
Holly May

I wore this on my wedding day, It was chosen for me by a fragrance specialisted at Mecca cosmetic....based on my personality and the other fragrance I wear, I LOVE it and wish I could wear it all the time! (hard to find in Australia :(
Its not to everyones taste.....But its one I crave to smell/wear all the time.

I will edit and add to this in the future, but here are some thoughts:
Something very magical happens when I apply this scent. It is so calming and pleasant. The sweet and slightly spicy opening floral notes have an invigorating effect that quickly subsides into clean, elegant styrax. The woody notes come across as very high quality essential oils, as though living trees are captured in the bottle.
I wear this to bed nearly every night.

Upon smelling this it struck me as incredibly familiar--it smells like a garage band.

It smells like pot smoke and snare drums. It's spicy-earthy in that unmistakeable kind of way that raises suspicion. After about a half hour it becomes very metallic and musty.

For starters, to my nose, this fragrance smells nothing like babies nor dolls. Dolls have more of a powdery and synthetic smell to them, which I don't get a lot of in this composition.

I like the concept, even though I don't actually understand Takahashi's work. The scent doesn't seem to match his outrageous style. I find Holygrapie intriguingly unique and fascinating, but it's not particularly arty or crafty.

Holygrapie is a rather fresh iris scent with fruity nuances and fizzy ginger. There's a touch of sweetness every now and then, but all in all, it's relatively light and flirtatious.

This fragrance has a composition that slightly resembles something from a by-gone era, like the 1800's or early 1900's. I can't see how Holygrapie pays homage to the alien like doll that it is said to have been inspired by.

I really liked the fun and frivolous nature of the top notes, with the iris having an occasional sweet tangerine accord, further complimented by spicy and peppery rhubarb and ginger. I was looking forward to an earthy drydown, however this fragrance faded quickly into a strange and musty woods blend with a synthetic edge.

I was disappointed and annoyed to say the least. In most cases, Comme Des Garcons, despite being a brand that uses unnatural ingredients, usually comes up with something that smells fantastic from beginning to end. Holygrapie was lacking in lasting strength and quality I'm afraid, even though the top notes were quite impressive.

The pepper is the most prominent note for the first 15 minutes or so, then I can smell purple Ginger, a soft rhubarb and iris. It kind of does now remind me of a dolls head, I think the iris gives a slightly plasticky ( in a good way) feel. This scent is not bad but won't appeal to everyone. At first it seems sharp and masculine until the pepper dies down.

This is not "subtle" or "silky!" Who are they kidding? It's green, spicy & earthy. Okay, over time it's more subtle - not an "in-your-face" fragrance - but I ordered a sample of this from Luckyscent really expecting a "baby doll" kind of scent. You know, light & powdery, yadda yadda...maybe Japanese dolls are different than American? I should have paid more attention to the listed notes. I dumped this on and was overwhelmed with the scent of...herbal house cleaner. It was startling.

I re-read the description, thinking I had made a mistake. So I figured - it'll calm down, give it did not change. It is not light or sweet, but is sharp green with spicy ginger & pepper, and a hint of smoke all over woody cedar. This would make an excellent men's cologne. And don;t even think about wearing this in hot weather. Slightly bitter; unfortunately, still smells too much like cleaner for me to enjoy wearing. Oh well, that's what samples are for.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons x Undercover Holygrapie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons x Undercover Holygrapie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Comme des Garcons x Undercover Holygrapie by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Comme des Garcons x Undercover Holygrapie by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.