Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Odeur 71 Comme des Garcons for women and men

Odeur 71 Comme des Garcons for women and men
dislike

Odeur 71 Comme des Garcons for women and men Pictures

Another unique avant-garde fragrance, only this time the number of components has increased to 71. Just like for Odeur 53, the main characteristic of this fragrance is absolutely avant-garde structure, or its absence, as each component has its own life. Odeur 71 components are really 'nuclear': the smell of dust on red-hot bulb, the smell of hot metal, the smell of freshly toasted bread, ink, electric batteries, and other inorganic smells of the Earth. Inorganic odors of the Earth chaos live in this perfume together with some rare natural organic components: incense, bay leaf, bamboo, and white pepper. After the above presented the conclusion follows: not at all ordinary fragrance for aliens who want to get to know our planet olfactory. It was launched in 2000.

The nose behind this fragrance is IFF.

Fir Resin Oakmoss Bamboo Hiacynth Incense West Indian Bay Woody Notes Metallic notes Ink White Pepper

Yatagan
Odeur 53

Odeur 71 Fragrance Reviews

dubairob
dubairob

I got the chance to blind buy this at a very good price and jumped for it as it had been on my mind for some time.

Though this fragrance is very subdued and gentle with something of a formal Japanese aesthetic, it is also revelatory in its associations (if not it's rather limited development). For me, right from the outset - and this was a real surprise for me - I get immediate associations with Yatagan (of all things!), which a very light metallic and 'burned out electronics' vibe begins to permeate through. I should add that were it not for my knowledge of the notes, I may not have had these associations at all. With Odeur 71 the success of the marketing may well have added to a subliminal appreciation of the fragrance.

I would concur with other reviewers that this is not as Dadaist or 'anti-perfume' as the notes suggest. In fact this is an eminently wearable fragrance - though clearly with only barely reasonable longevity and projection. The concept can't help but remind me of Japanese cosplay teenagers in the Akhihabara district of Tokyo. There is a fascinating and enthralling juxtapositon of ideas here, but there is also a lot of light-hearted fun...and everyone gets home safely at the end of the night.

Alongside this, what I get from Odeur 71 is green bamboo and incense...and some more green. (The bay leaf may be understimated in the note votes.) Sometimes a whiff of smokiness comes through, but this is very light. All said, I think the associations with Yatagan come from the green/incense combination both have, though they go in different directions.

I am looking forward to wearing this more in the Spring and even Summer because I believe it will project more. It deserves this. A very good fragance - not just a concept - and well recommended for men who want something different in the warmer months.

Na0
Na0

This one has the pretty same pros and cons than Odeur 53.

It smells incredibly good, a pure love at first sniff... Kind a perfect balance between natural trees/plants scent (fir, bamboo...) and synthetic ones (ink and metal). Making a weird but lovely meeting between nature and technology, an ode of the Earth from past to future.

Like a cyborg-nymph on its tree !

And then, the cons... Ah... bad cons, pity :/...

Its sillage and longevity are lame, very very lame. 3 hours later, I can barely smell it and it is very close-skin (but more stronger than 53, fortunately !).

Well, oddly, it enhances its magical and mysterious side but... If you have to spray it over and over through the day, what's the point ? :(

So. A very odd, mysterious, magnificent BUT ephemerical one.

If you're against the fact to always spray it again to renew this experience, don't pay attention to it.

antfarm
antfarm

Hyacinth + office supplies. Like bringing a purple spring bouquet into your local computer outlet store. I'm a fan.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I paid $5 for a tester of this, and was so excited by the idea of this.

After being INCREDIBLY let down by Odeur 53, which was a useless piece of trash and a vial of nothing more than metallic-smelling tap water, I was quite excited for this one, hoping it would renew my faith in the idea.

Odeur 53 and 71 are mostly just art pieces...not quite functional fragrances. If you wear fragrance for everyone else, skip over these. If you wear fragrance for yourself, you might enjoy this one. NOT Odeur 53. It lasts like five minutes and smells like a piece of paper.

This one, for me, smelled just like iceberg lettuce. Crisp, aqueous plastic, dead lady-bug, dirt, and dry tree bark. Mostly dead ladybug.

It sounds like something that's incredibly non functional, but it actually smelled quite cool on me! It's just odd and creative enough to make people ask, which is the most fun part.

I like this one, and I might consider buying a bottle of this whenever I have major bucks to drop.

desertmoon
desertmoon

The mysterious fragrance that I have smelled somewhere sometime that there is not at all it despite a good fragrance, but feels nostalgic for.

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

Here’s the deal with this stuff. If you look at the note pyramid above, you'll see natural smelling components except the ink (but, even then, I feel ink note is not petrochemical, but rather derived base of some plant extract). This exactly what the perfume smells like—very natural. However, there is another aroma I get. There is airy fresh quality to this perfume which can at times be like sweet smelling plastic or light floral... Is that you hyacinth?

Ligh bulbs? Uhhhhh? Not getting that yet, but my nose will be on ‘lookout’ for that one.

I would say this fragrance is biased towards the masculine end of the spectrum. The first day I wore this in my biology lecture class someone said I smelled really good. So fellas, this may not your first choice as a panty dropper but women do like it.

If you spray lighty, longevity and projection will all be low. Circumvent this by over spraying. Then projection is good to excellent and longevity is good (around 6 plus hours).

NOTES:

• This perfume does not really take well to clothing. Spray it on your skin.

• The sprayer has a very short squatty travel resulting in so-so sprays that can sometimes dribble.

• I paid 140 USD from Lucky Scent, but you can get this from Barney's for 135 USD. In any case, the price is fair considering you’re receiving a 200ml bottle with fabulous complexity and originality.

• Perfect for all seasons and occasions. If you need something dramatic, spray more. A soft intimate moment? Spray less.

• Personally, I feel fresh but manly; yet comforted, while modern. Avant-garde? Sure. But not because its so sci-fi, rather the combination of mainly natural accords is rare.

This one is not as bananas as its hyped to be with wacky Dadaist accords, but if you want a clean floral woody fragrance this is a must try.

—Enjoy

eric.del grande
eric.del grande

not bad not good definately interesting and unique but somewhat reminds me of the 80's and old lady making photocopies on the xerox machine

milklizard
milklizard

This is a very different scent. I don't know how to really describe it; it smells natural but at the same time it doesn't.

I smell: dust on a hot light bulb (its there!!), some cinnamon, some kind of spicy floral smell, ink, freshly lit incense, that odd cucumbery smell of recently printed/photocopied paper. Its the perfect fusion of natural and synthetic.

If I were a guy I'd wear it religiously, I found this too spicy for me, but since it's unisex and if you're a girl who likes spice, then spray away.

Synthtically perfumey on my skin, but in a nice, clean way, like sheets in the dryer. Crisp enough for summer and clean enough for office wear. Nice and not as strange as it's notes suggest.

When this came out back in 2000 it was totally revolutionary and I'm not talking about the provocative marketing concept behind the fragrance notes, but the scent itself. It was incredibly recognizable, unique and absolutely stunning. I always try to avoid hypes but couldn't resist Odeur 71. In the end, we can spend a lot of words and time talking about really well crafted fragrances, filled with top quality ingredients, and super professionaly balanced aromas but we should never forget that first of all, a perfume has to give you sensations and feelings and whether you'll like CDG's Odeur 71 or not, it won't leave you indifferent. My suggestion would be, just for one time, to try to avoid any description, comment, notes pyramid and and just smell.

A very distinctive mix of clean incense with a minty vibe and a strong xerox-toner note. Abstract and airy. An all time favourite.

Also, this is one of those scent that really needs to be collocated in its historical period to be properly appreciated. It surely belongs to the chemicals fragrances family, modern in a "contrapposition mode" to the classic, provocative and avanguardist, unconventional, but you can appreciate Odeur 71 and at the same time go mad for a Santa Maria Novella's original scent from the early 700. It was one of the first "barrier-braking" scent to (almost) make the cross-over from niche perfumery to the mass market as it became an huge cult for a whole generation.

Rating: 8.5-9/10

Cereza
Cereza

Oh, my this is weird. It smells like ink, like someone mentioned before, but good kind of ink, actually I feel burnt rubber as well. Weirdly it's not unpleasant. It's rather addictive. I can feel incense and fir very good and then other notes I can't actually understand. Is it bamboo? Bay? There is a slight touch of flowers.

Actually I kinda dig this. It's strange, but good.

guest_greg
guest_greg

comme de garcone is amazing.its gets better as it sits on the skin. whenever i wear this i have women all over me asking me what im wearing. i think theirs some kind of pharamone in it that stimulates women sexually, they can't get enough of it.their legs quiver and they won't leave u alone.the best part is its hard to find, its in almost no department stores, and 99% of people haven't heard of it so you will be the only one wearing it.if your on the prowl looking for women this is an ace up your sleave.

weegee
weegee

Smells of... nothing! I"m absolutely, positively aware of no notes whatsoever! How is this possible? Finally, so many notes in play that they...cancel out one another completely? Where I sprayed it my skin smells just like... My Skin. Correct me if I'm deranged here, but I'm pretty darn sure that my skin smelled like my skin BEFORE I sprayed this.

I'm wearing Odeur 71 now... I think...

batabidd
batabidd

Countains: electricity, metal, office, mineral, dust on a hot light bulb, photocopier toner, hot metal, toaster, pen ink, pencil shavings,, the salty taste of a battery, freshly mowed grass, incense, wood, moss, willow, elm, birch, bamboo, hyacinth, lettuce juice and many more...

It's like an experience of walking through an industrial frosty landscape or being in a sterile white and green room.

Basically, it is a reformulated version of the previous "Odeur 53", bringing the aseptic clean and cold notes of it, and, simply blending them with more "down to earth notes", more physical and less ethereal, but never natural.

Odeur 71 is the sweetness we all smell when we smell things we feel silly about smelling and liking in our everyday existence: the funny sweet smell of cellotape or a hot computer or tv.

The opening is very similar to "53 " but this time, the same present fake lemony note in the previous, is much more prevalent, rounded off with the same grey yet clean aura.

There are too, hints of ink and hot dust accords. The composition is much more variable in this version, getting more natural, with green light notes (lettuce juice and bamboo) , ghostly woody notes, and a nice soft touch of sterile hyacinth. It’s even has little vague hints of sperm too, ( I didn’t recalled it, my partner did eventually),

I don't even dare to keep striping it anymore. A lot of things that aren't typically fragrant have a smell now and we know those smells are here.

We just want to sit down and enjoy them.

Mihail
Mihail

Very natural!
Smells of salty lake and flowers garden. On my skin the hyacinth dominates.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Tin, tyres, toasters.

IFF have achieved something interesting here; if I was setting the scene for a cyberfuturistic drama based somewhere between Mad Max and Grand Theft Auto I might spray this in the air to get people in the mood. To me it really does smell of burnt out electrics and rubber tyres; a weird arid scent, warm without being welcoming. Yes, this could be earth 3000 but I really hope not, cos it's a world moving between the dustbowl and the garbage heap, where all the biodegradables have run out and perfume creators blowtorch retrotechnology in the hope of finding an interesting smell.

Strange how flowers and greens have been used to evoke a world defined by the lack of their presence. Odeur 71 isn't beautiful or alluring, and eventually isn't even that interesting. I expect more for my money. Not for me.

Odeur 71 by Comme des Garcons 3.79 out of 5 based on 86 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Odeur 71 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Odeur 71, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Odeur 71 by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Odeur 71 by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.