Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Wonderoud Comme des Garcons for women and men
dislike

oud
Wonderoud Comme des Garcons for women and men Pictures

Wonderoud by Comme des Garcons is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Wonderoud was launched in 2014. The fragrance features agarwood (oud).

Agarwood (Oud)

Wonderwood
Gucci Rush for Men

Wonderoud Fragrance Reviews

Trevo

Just put this on with CDG 2!!!! Amazing!

Just as amazing with YSL M7 oud absolute!!

Quite a good mixer tbh!

What do you suggest or what do you mix with it,.

K1
K1

Wonderoud is the result of collaboration with Antoine Maisondieu, who's renown for his efforts for État Libre d'Orange, and Armani Code. Wonderoud, just like Wonderwood, is a minimalistic postmodern perfume and another manifest of CdG for masculine woodsy style.

Certainly there is no agarwod in the composition. All what presented as oud is a row of elaborated materials to imitate the effect of agarwood, plus dry vetiver (which the perfume spins around) and bergamot and green geranium note.

The perfume doesn’t shift from alpha to omega. In overall, a smooth incense, dusty, crisp, vetiver with nose-tickling effect. A perfect higher class mass pleasing woody fragrance.
★★★

واندرعود حاصل همکاری این برند با آنتوان میسوندیو هست، کسی که برای تلاشهاش تو عطرایی مثل آرمانی کُد میشناسیمش. واندرعود درست مثل واندروود یه عطر پُست مدرن مینیمالیست (اقل گرا) هست و مانیفست این برند از عطرای مردونۀ چوبی

مسلماً هیچ عودی توی این عطر وجود نداره. اونچه به عنوان عود معرفی شده ترکیبی از نتهای حرفه ای هست که حالت عود رو القا میکنن، و در کنارش وتیور خشک و خاکی (که محور اصلی این عطر هست)، ترنج و شمعدانی تُرد و سبز نمایش میدن

این عطر از الف تا ی هیچ تغییری نمیکنه. در مجموع یه عطر نرم بخوری، وتیور تُرد و خاکی، به همراه حالتی که بینی رو قلقلک میده، هست. یه عطر کامل کلاس بالای همه پسندِ چوبی
★★★

Trevo

Ive been "umming and Arring" about this fragrance for a long time. I've seen good and bad reviews. Saying that it's just like Laliques Encre Noire. As much as I love Encre I wouldn't want this if it was just the same nor if it didn't smell of oud like I've also read.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any samples. So unable to even get a sample.

I recently found wonderoud at Harvey Nichols. Again no samples.

But I just decided to buy it and take the risk. Like I did when I brought Encre noir.

I'm actually quite mixed about it. I can see why people say it's like Encre, but it's also really different. But very subtly in the background. To me I get a sorta spicey peppery sorta note in there. But it sorta reminds me of bubblegum chic by Heeley?!? ( does anyone else get this) which might be down to just the oud. But it's very very floral and woody to me like CDG 2?!? That same sorta floral small?!

I don't think it's as intense or dark as Encre. Nor as rich or lush as bubblegum chic. But quite fresh and I think could be a good all rounder.

(UPDATE) I've been wearing this over a few days and it actually changes its quite interesting. It can go from super peppery to really dense floral

Next on my list:
Amazingreen
Wonderwood
Boudiccia Wode ( this lasts and smells amazing. Can't wait to get it)

rowan.walters
rowan.walters

I adore this stuff.

It has the supremely woody DNA of Wonderwood with its aromachemical cocktail, yet with a sublime, somehow mellow, "oudy" dimension that will be familiar to any aficionados of traditional Arabian perfumes and ouds.

For almost seven years now I have been collecting oud and have been extremely fortunate to find some incredibly rare vintage ouds - the crowning glory is an Arabian Oud special edition that was matured for 25 years and came in a beautiful gold-plated bottle with a serial number.
The recent obsession with Oud as a theme in Western perfumery always baffled me considering how incredibly rare and expensive authentic, quality oud is.
And it is becoming ever scarcer.
However there have been moves in places like Vietnam and Thailand to produce oud in plantations - however the techniques of manual infection do not yet result in anything close to the quality of oud produced by natural infection in the wild.
Even most Arabian perfumers use either cheap, plantation-grown ouds or synthetic ouds these days and in the West, most of what is marketed as "oud" smells nothing like the real thing, which can range from a seductively sweet fine woody-floral bouquet through to a pungent blue cheesy-ness.
Wonderoud reportedly contains some genuine oud, sourced from Givaudan, which makes sense since they are manufacturers of the Swiss Arabian perfume line, and the natural oudiness comes to the fore as the fragrance evolves on my skin and the "sharpness" of the initial ouverture diminishes. However, it also contains an obvious synthetic oud, which has a smell somewhat reminiscent of petroleum.
Overall I love Wonderoud, and it features prominently in my current rotation, as does Wonderwood, as a staple for smart-casual occasions and informal events.
Longevity isn't as good as I had hoped, although it is definitely a crowd pleaser and even elicits curiosity and compliments from strangers.
I loved Wonderwood and I still do, and I find Wonderoud to be a beautiful complement to its woody awesomeness. Sometimes I prefer one, sometimes the other, but I love them both.
Wonderwood for me answered a need for the superlative woody fragrance, and I have always found it to be supremely elegant in its simplicity.
While far from the perfect oud fragrance, Wonderoud is a hell of a lot better than most of the other trendoid scents out there jumping on the Oud bandwagon.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

long lasting fragrances !
This is actually a very good .. good fragrance, scent is good ,,sillage and longevity. Well done !
نمونه حهت تست موجوده.طالبین پیام بدهند

Just to re re review this!
I'm wearing it today for the first time in a while and I'm shocked that I didn't realise it before but Wonderoud not only smells like its underperforming and slightly poor older brother Wonderwood but it reminds me heavily of Versace Man and Oud Noir, can't believe I never noticed before. It has that same accord of licorice, slightly saffrony smell which reminds me very specifically of some type of sweets from when I was a kid. Yes peppery and woody it is but still reminds me of a mystery confectionary.
For those who give this one a hard time, I don't know why? Even hardened CdG Lovers still aren't convinced by it...but let's face it it's much better than Wonderwood and even I thought that was fine until this came along.

platinum14
platinum14

This is a no brainer, right?
Me. Love. Oud.
So today, I went to buy it, but, instead of my usual just-present-card, I actually tried first.
When I think oud, I think M7 or Montale. This Wonder"oud" is none of those. This Wonder"oud" is: Encre Noire.
On me, there is no oud at all. It's all vetiver.
P.S.: I. Hate. Vetiver.
I'm SO glad I tried it first.

stephan
stephan

I tried Wonderoud and Wonderwood on each hand. Wonderwood is better in my opinion. It smells fresher and has more sillage.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Wonderoud opens as a woody-peppery vetiver-based designer with a sprinkle of sandalwood. Not the slightest hint of oud here to my nose, just a subtle sort of soft, finished medicinal-leathery note on the base (I guess that would be the oud), and a hint of incense – we’re young and hip, no incense, no party! Basically this is Wonderwood with a cheap, light “medicinalish darkish” thing underneath the rest. Which by the way vanishes quite soon, leaving you with a persistent drydown comprising vetiver with a slight ambery-incense undertone... and that’s it. Undoubtedly pleasant, but honestly I can’t find this more than just barely decent. To my nose it’s a perfectly safe and friendly “office scent” which may have been created by Montblanc or Zegna or St Dupont as far as I am concerned, or any other “low-profile” brand like these aimed at thirty-something men with low pretenses and low budgets looking for a safe woody cologne for job interviews. Nothing wrong with that, I am a fan of designer cheapos: but not at this price (and well, not from such a – usually – creative brand). And why call this “oud”?

5,5-6/10

Eos
Eos

Wonderoud is is a smooth minimalist, synthetic composition that is hard to unpack. Its a mono accord of vetiver, sandalwood, juniper and cedar from beginning to end. The effect is very spare, and zen like in it's simplicity. It doesn't smell like incense so much as it smells like you've been in a room where wood scented incense was being burned in abundance and some of it stuck to your clothing. Unisex, comfortable and very wearable.

Norbert F.
Norbert F.

To me this fragrance is dark, smoky, woody, no citrusy top notes, no freshness, tiny bit of sweetness, but I think it is wearable due to its longevity and projection, longevity and projection are just perfect, you can smell it on yourself but it is not overpowering at all, longevity is great on me too, it is a really high quality fragrance - the Oud note reminds me the oud note you can find in Amouage - Opus VII and I get a lot of Sandalwood, the Sandalwood reminds me of Tam Dao, in my opinion its pretty masculine, I don´t see a women wearing it, maybe women with strong personality, 8/10

henri345que
henri345que

Well, if the first impression of CDG Wonderoud is that it's not a typical oud perfume, it's a correct one. Your perfumers since the beginning didn't do it to be like that, and including, from what the brand revealed, your structure was made without any oud, until it was introduced some, at the request of PUIG, a variety of Indonesian Oud that Givaudan had acess to. And, this way, Wonderoud end being for me a kaleidoscopic version of the original Wonderwood. All its main elements are here: the cedar, the sandalwood, the green, almost cheese like, cypress, the vetiver, the gaiac, the dry spice aroma, the incense nuance. Still, they don't form either a linear or a classical three layers evolution. It's like, somehow, the woods made images that shake themselves, dissolve and them formed another olfactive shape during its evolution. I smell for quick minutes an oud aroma whith reminds me of a nargamotta one less heavy, more fresh somehow. And then, promptly the oud go out of focus and i notice a dry sandalwood aroma, and then after the curious aforementione cypress, which reminds me of green leaves with something slightly moldy that reminds me of cheese. Begore this impression become overwhelming, the vetiver mixes itself to the smell, changes the focus of the cypress to aits green grass and wood vetiver aroma and when you realize you notice that the vetiver woody aroma is itself mixed into the oud too. It's a fragrance at least curious, the interchange of woody impression is something that i don't remember having seeing happening this way in another creation.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Sexy, sexy, sexy. it's warm, fresh, nuzzly and with the softly smoky/spicy oud in the background. If my man was wearing this I would be all over him

Belgianbear
Belgianbear

Just WONDERFUL. You try it ... You buy it!

bchavi
bchavi

Bought some things from Luckyscent and received this along with a number of other samples. I've tried about 5 thus far and this is my absolute favorite. I really like this. Now, that being said, the reviews here don't seem to dislike this - instead they compare it to Wonderwood and seem to find this something of a useless variant. So...I blind bought Wonderwood. If it's better than this, I"m really looking forward to it!

Hoxx
Hoxx

I may sound like a broken record, considering all the other reviews. Still, I had to say this one is nothing but a slightly, very slightly modified Wonderwood. A touch of oud is not enough to justify this one being sold as a distinct perfume. Even worse, it is not enough to justify this one being 30% more expensive.

I will leave this one without a mark. This mannerism is not something I expected from such a magnificent house as CdG.

daithi
daithi

Comme des Garçons under the Puig label is not Comme des Garçons anymore. I miss the risk they took on their first fragrances, even their classics smell more diluted and conventional due to the reformulations made by Puig.

WONDEROUD is simply Wonderwood (cedar and synthetic sandalwood accords) with the trendy oud note added. It's bolder and more sophisticated and potent than Wonderwood, like a "concentrated eau de parfum" version. Otherwise, if you have Wonderwood in your collection I'm not sure if you need Wonderoud.

pingoon
pingoon

wonder oud since one wonders where is the oud? I love this house but their last outings stink of self parody!

Shibor
Shibor

Reminds me of Wonderwood without so strong vetiver note. As I don't like frangrances with overwhelming vetiver, Wonderoud appeals for me much more than its woody "brother"...

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Notes Via Luckyscent
Texas Cedarwood Fraction OrPur,Oud Wood
Indonesian Patchouli, Australian Sandalwood,
Haitian Vetiver, Guaiac Wood, Pashminol

dolcethadon

I have a very tiny 1ml sample of Wonderoud and I am sniffing a tiny dab on my wrist as I write this.. From what I am smelling I can not really tell much of a difference between this and Wonderwood.. Maybe if I had a spray bottle instead of a tiny 1ml dabber I could get a better picture of this scent.. All I really smell is the same ole woods, cedar, sandalwood, and vetiver but I am not really getting much "oud".. It is there but I have to really look for it to find it.. I am not sure if this is because this natural "sustainable oud" may smell more mild than the synthetic oud that I am use to but the oud in this fragrance is barely detectable.. I definitely expected something a bit more different from Wonderwood because this is nearly the same fragrance.. The only difference that is even perceivable is that the sandalwood feels a bit toned down and replaced with a tiny mild hint of oud.. Wonderoud is a great fragrance, as is the original Wonderwood but I was expecting something different with a whole lot of oud, but what I got is Wonderwood with a few more drops of oud..

I'm pretty ambivalent about Wonderoud as my assessment goes in two different directions depending on how approach it.

As a Comme Des Garcons lover, I think this brings almost nothing new to the table of woody fragrances they delivered thus far but, at the same time, if I approach it as a whatever mainstream wood-centered composition, this is vastly head-and-shoulders above the average quality available from similarly targeted / priced offerings. This is basically an average quality niche type of fragrance, sold at department-store prices.

In my perception, Wonderoud basically starts from the same bone-structure used in CDG's previous Wonderwood (and to a lesser extend Blue Santal). A combo of cedarwood, pepper, vetiver and sandalwood to which they now added a smooth but remarkable oud note. The final effect is of an intensely woody fragrance with greenish nuances. Dry but not harsh, mannered but not too affected, safe but not dull and pretty well rounded.

At the same time though, I find it a bit nondescript and not particularly distinctive. The cedarwood is not as prominent as in others deliveries by the same house and, as usual with CDG, they're still able to skip that woody harshness (typical of certain woodyambers) that seems to overpopulate department-store type of masculines. It's a well done fragrance, pleasant to wear and pretty long lasting…yet, I can't say I'm completely sold.

Downline: I think Wonderoud would make a nice option for anyone looking for a safer scent but wants to avoid smelling like a whatever department store shelf. It'd also make a nice introduction to the most daring deliveries by this house and, more in general, to western oud-themed stuff. CDG's aficionados might find it a bit redundant…

On a side note, it's pretty clear that the branch of Comme Des Garcons owned by Puig (basically all the fragrances that come in the oval-shaped flacon) are targeted to a more *generic* audience and , in this context, they still fear no rivals IMO. A bit of a disappointment though, came with the fact that Wonderoud is more expensive than your usual Puig-CDG. Is that because it includes the word *oud* in its name?

Very mild thumbs up.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

batabidd
batabidd

The opening is very similar to Wonderwood but you can smell the oud straight away, then a blast of spices (mostly pepper to my nose) will lead the fragrance to a stunning guaiac wood base.
It's very similar to the glorious YSL M7, perhaps not as loud, a little toned down, with a touch of pine resine.
Yes, it bears similarities to Wonderwood, but to my nose is closer to M7...
A great fragrance. Nice longevity and moderate projection.

kingderella
kingderella

Looking for a woody-warm fragrance for the winter, I tested Wonderwood and Wonderoud side by side; they seemed *very* similar to me. I prefere Wonderwood, because it lastet significantly longer on my skin.

klaaon
klaaon

I have Wonderoud on my left arm and Wonderwood on my right, and it is clear that there is more Oud in Wonderoud. In fact, in Wonderoud i get a Oud that vaguely reminds me of the oud in Rania J's Assam Oud, but toned down and blended with the woods. This is most apparent in the top notes.

Another quality wood from CdG!

$$
$$

Shout out to that boy Mick Trick for his response below cause he absolutely nailed it.Where the freak is the oud?I have WW and this smells the same but the way they advertised it 100% natural oud like it was going to be special and i think it smells exactly like they should have called this wonderwood (intense) with a touch of oud or not.If your into Creed royal oud this is your juice.Suggest buy a sample and judge first before you spend your hard earned cash on this where theirs better quality out there for(REAL OUD SNOBS).This is Western Oud not Middle Eastern Oud.

YvesSaintLaurent
YvesSaintLaurent

The ultimate hi-end woody scent of 2014 - the pure gift from the gods to the mankind ( and exclusive for all "fragrancephiles" ).
Just forget about all the other woody scents - the one and only Wonderoud by Comme des Garcons !!!

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

100% natural oud!? 100% natural oud!!?? CDG tell the truth please.....

Killercolours
Killercolours

A fluffy, warm blanket of resinous wood with a tad of clean, soft oud. Comforting, safe and 100% unisex friendly. Goes straight to my "spray and go" top list!

Mick_Trick
Mick_Trick

It opens with a peppery spicy green cedar sharing more than a vibe with Creed Royal Oud. The heart keeps the woody spice and adds a little patchouli with plasticy ambered incense providing some resinous backbone to the structure. The drydown is the first time to feel a bit of oud, with dry woods and a nice CdG style vetiver ala 2Man.

This supposedly contains sustainable oud. Whatever it smells like neat, it's hard to tell here as it's a part player, but there's certainly no typical cheesy/barnyard stuff going on. More close to commercial synth blends.

But hey, I *really* like this stuff, there I said it. It's not weird, groundbreaking etc, but it just smells great and has a few nice twists, good longevity, and a great price. The balance of sweet/woody/spicy works for me and there aren't any aromachems that bother me. People who don't like dry woods aromachems etc, may be put off.

Not as good as Black, way better than the Blue series and original WonderWood IMO. A good release for the non parfumsPARFUMES, commercial line.

KlownvonnomaD
KlownvonnomaD

Beautiful frag.
But if you already own Wonderwood, then you really don't need to bother with this one.
Couldn't notice any real difference between the two.

flames2
flames2

acording to the CDG website the oud is 100% Natural Oud extracted from resinous Aquilaria trees grown sustainably in South East Asia. with notes of
Texas Cedarwood Fraction OrPur, Oud Wood, Indonesian Patchouli, Australian Sandalwood, Haitian Vetiver, Guaiac Wood, Pashminol.
i tried it and although i found it to be a nice fragrance and still had the original wonderwood DNA vibe, i felt the oud needed a bit more strenth and didnt really get the wow factor but in saying that i prob will get a bottle later on to add to my collection

Anvil_of_the_Sun
Anvil_of_the_Sun

Blunderdud (sadly). I'm a fan of CdG, but this is underwhelming. Wonderwood is a grower because it somehow manages to give you bags of the sharp resinous top end of sandalwood without the grubby and enervating olive-oil-that's-been-used-to-cook-chips bottom end. 'Wonderoud' inexplicably cuts back on those sharp top-end notes and adds a very, very thin touch of synthetic oud as consolation prize. An oud should have at least a touch of the characteristic medicinal-bandage -- this is far too neat and presentable. CdG need to remember their better moments -- the fresh-meat-in-paper of Guerrilla 1, the sweaty cypress of Hinoki, the ginger beer and apple of Sequoia ...

paulzork
paulzork

Got this the other day along with a free gift of 3 miniature cdg frags.

Anyway... love this wonderoud. Has already catapulted to the top of my favorite frags.

The opening immediately puts you in the wonderwood framework. It then continues with a little kick of oud.

Probably thanks to the oud, the formula gives a bit more sillage and longevity than say wonderwood. I have had it on for about 6 hours now and it is starting to get a bit faint on the skin.

Its strange they promote the wonderoud as unisex, but the wonderwood for men. I dont think there is enough of an oud kick to move it into the unisex category.

But either way, i love it. So glad they coupled the oudwith wonderwood as the other oud frags out there are using oud in different more pedestrian ways.

I might throw caution to the wind tonight and combine wonderwood/oud with versace oud noir to see what that smells like.

Stunning! Wore this today and fell in love with it. Peppery and has a signature CDG feel which reminds me of the other fragrance I have in their 'normal' range Blue Santal.
I will definitely be getting this one, the Oud is evident but just adds an extra bit of luxury, a cherry on the top if you will to what is a great fragrance anyway.
Longevity is very good too.

Okay so I tried this today and brought some samples home. I really enjoyed the original wonderwood but felt it was a great but a little similar in spirit to Lalique Encre Noire to add it to the collection, still it's very nice indeed.
Now the addition of Oud to this mixture of woody aromas and vetiver is either a bandwagon jumping one or a stroke of genius.
I'm pleased to say I think it's the latter, this being CDG I have to say that generally they get it right and usual blaze their own trail.
To begin with I wasn't sure, the opening is very similar to wonderwood but now with a feel of two stranger Oud fragrances one being AdP Oud colonia concentree and Tom Ford Oud wood (of which I'm not very fond.) that's my initial thoughts anyway.
As wonderoud dries down though it reveals a very beautiful aroma which compliments the already excellent peppery vetiver of wonderwood. The lasting power is great I only tried it in the shop and can still smell it strongly now but I will update tomorrow when I wear it properly. Where as I'm not blown away by wonderoud I'm pleasantly surprised.
Not a typical Oud to my nose but who cares?

dolcethadon

Wow .. Well a lot more oud fragrances are going to be hitting the shelves.. I guess this is kind of the sequel to the gorgeous Wonderwood which I love.. I am excited about this one..

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comme des Garcons Wonderoud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comme des Garcons Wonderoud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wonderoud by Comme des Garcons. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wonderoud by Comme des Garcons represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.