Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women
dislike

coconut
tropical
Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women Pictures Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women Pictures Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women Pictures Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women Pictures Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women Pictures

Aloha Tiare is one of the earliest Comptoir Sud Pacifique fragrances, created in 1975. Aloha Tiare is a scent of a small island in the middle of the Pacific.

Tiare, s sort of gardenia, represents the soul and symbol of Tahiti. “Aloha” is the word of great importance for Tahitians, which, in this case, could be translated as “heavenly breath of Tiara”.

Aloha Tiare is a scented presentation of Tahiti. Besides the exotic flowers that smell so heavenly sweet that you could eat it, the composition includes another island’s treat - Monoi, scented oil made of Tiara flowers and coconut oil.

After a short prelude of citrus notes of lemon, bergamot and papyrus, Tiare appears in a heart in its full beauty: sweet and seductive. Coconut oil and vanilla emphasize its floral sweetness wonderfully.

Frangipani

Aloha Tiare Eau de Parfum

Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Beantoes
Beantoes

I wanted to love this since I've been on the hunt for a tropical white flower perfume but it smells like baby aspirin on me. :(

GRAF

Aloha Tiare edt is a very powerful floral-tropical scent. Exotic, deep, floral, sweet heavy, strong and fruity are everything that characterize it. It is not an "edible" scent (I think it is a heavy unisex scent) and it evokes memories of tropical vacations. Just close eyes and think about a tropical beach, heat, coconuts, nice cool cockteils and having good time..
Although it is an old fragrance, I think it doesn't smell old fashioned at all.

It opens with a blast of flowers (frangipani and tiare) mixed with benzoin. I also can detect weak green and earthy notes. It takes your breath from the first sniff. As time passes, it becomes smoother and more friendly to the nose..
The most distinguished notes are tiare, benzoin, frangipani and coconut with ylang-ylang. The other notes are not so strong, I do not get much vanilla or musk but I can feel them.
The longevity is monstrous, you can easily get 10 hours of duration and the projection is.. out of this world. Be careful not to overspray otherwise everybody in two meters radius will be choked! Two sprays fill a whole room. If you have a sensitive nose, just one is OK.
Be careful not to spray over clothes or you'll have its smell for days. I highly recomend it for fall-spring and summer but not for a very hot weather. This scent is too strong and heavy for a heat wave. And I am curious how it feels in winter time.. I think it will work nice!

GRAF

I am a man, not a woman, not gay and I think that this superb monstrous fragrance is not only for women. I consider it a unisex scent so women and men can wore it as well. It is a superb summer-spring-fall scent for both sexes. It reminds me the Kenzo Homme Night Kenzo for men, another heavy tropical summer scent, but in a form more refined, sophisticated and well blended. For the guys to understand that, think about a brutal, raw Mustang GT V8 the Kenzo Night and a Rolls Royce Dawn for the Aloha Tiare. I wonder how it smells in winter..

What for the God's sake is thinking this firm when characterizing its scents? L'Eau du Gouverneur is not a unisex but a 100% masculine scent, the Bois De Filao is not a men's scent but a unisex one with masculine orientation and the Aloha Tiare EDT is a trully unisex fragrance.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

Singerbera nailed it. This is just the kind of summer scent I was looking for. Creamy, dense, luscious. Not the usual fruit-punch, citrusy, cheap suntan lotion variety out there. I'm so glad I got this.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

Lovely beach, palm trees, sun, sand, sunscreen and warmth.
Give it a good 20 minutes before judging, it opens very harsh and the notes need some time to get to their right positions.

goldfishgoddess
goldfishgoddess

I bought this years ago, as a huge Comptoir fan, but it smelled like a cheap discount cologne you might find in a gift shop in Hawaii. Not a terrible scent, but nothing special like some of the other creations from Comptoir Sud Pacifique.

Singabera
Singabera

That's exactly what I expected from the reviews - loud white flowers, noticeable exotic tiare and a loooot of creamy-creamy coconut. Pure joy and summer in the bottle! Vacation mood is guaranteed)

Autumnal
Autumnal

Old fashioned scent, heavy cloying flowers, and I don't get any coconut.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Really glad I finally got to try this! I spent a whole day wearing it to appreciate all the phases and turns.
Putting it on was awful, very very sharp. 15 seconds later it starts to give me that "shampoo" smell you guys were referring to, but to me it smells semi-good whereas the first 15 seconds were just awful. It reminds me a wee bit of carol daughter's monoi shampoo.
20 minutes later we are getting the good stuff, vanilla, coconuts, and a very tropical floral accord. The benozin is not strong, but I CAN tell it's lurking in here somewhere along the beach...
When I wore this I felt very summery and tropical, like I had been slathered in a tanning oil. Very fun smell. It lasted about 6 hours for me. I am not the biggest white floral fan, but this pleased me, it had enough vanilla/coconut to keep it from getting sickening for me.
Ultimately I've decided it's not FBW, but I did like it. I think I would choose Yves Rocher Monoi over this.

sky hype
sky hype

This one is an absolute killer. Handle with care! Now it feels like it was too much for 17 y.o. me. But I loved it back then. Super powerful tiare scent that makes a statement. Very tempting too. Fades beautifully.

I wonder how CSP perfumes smell now as they removed most of the scents from their line, changed the bottles and edited their concept. I kind of miss this brand - it really had this late 90s feel to it.

astamm62
astamm62

I didn't care for this..I thought it was going to smell like the Tiare scent that CSP had in the past in the blue glass bottle,that was very nice scent.Looking at the notes I really thought I would like it.It smells sharp and sour to me.I was hoping for a creamy scent..not sure but I think the citrus ruined it for me.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This is the essence of "cheap and cheerful." It starts out strong and floral and then develops a plasticky fruit bubblegum note. Later it's vanilla with a touch of coconut. My mom says it smells like pink peeps. To me it smells very tropical beach vacation, suntan lotion, a lei and that kind of heavy moist air you only find in tropical paradise. I like it but it's just not nice enough for me to want to smell like this. Maybe it would make a good air freshener?
Edit: the dry down smells exactly like children's chewable vitamins.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Aloha Tiare EDT is a feisty little number on my skin. The opening is slightly harsh with loud tiare. A few minutes later, while frangipani and ylang-ylang join in, along with some fruitiness, the fragrance smoothens a little. However, coconut and vanilla soon kick in and Aloha Tiare again becomes loud and heady. The sweetness of white florals enhanced by coconut and vanilla is allover and upside-down and it seems that nothing in the scent helps to control it. There is also a synthetic feeling in a not very pleasant way.

The sillage is moderate to heavy and the longevity is at least 8 hours and it's still quite easy to detect. The strengh of this EDT is quite impressive. I wouldn't doubt that it could be a very fun scent in a vacation/party context. However, I find it too all-over-the-place in a daily wear basis.

dubnobass
dubnobass

I bought this randomly having owned and enjoyed several CSP fragrances in the past. It was cheap enough that it didn't matter if I didn't like it but happily, I think it smells amazing.
On first application it reminded me straightaway of Cacharel LouLou but it also seems to have a tuberose top note, similar to Robert Piguet's Fracas. It is very strong and extremely long-lasting - I could still smell it on me at bedtime after putting it on at 7am.
Sadly, my boyfriend dislikes it and says it smells quite 'old lady' and a bit 'bathroom product'. To me, it smells of 1986!

thatsperf
thatsperf

I finally managed to get a bottle of a CSP EDT because it's on sale on M&S at the moment.They're going to get rid of CSP perfumes, pity! Anyway I really liked this fragrance. It reminds me (using imagination here) of a very clean and classy 5-star holiday hotel somewhere in the Pacific. I have been looking for 'hotel' scents for ages and I finally found it in Aloha Tiare.

smellsogood
smellsogood

I bought a second hand 100ml bottle of this for not very much! I can understand why someone would pass it on to a new home with only a little used out of it. It is super sweet and super strong, definitely a one spray baby. I wanted it for my holiday as I was looking for a suntan oil type fragrance for the evenings because I don't wear fragrance during the day on a beach. This does fit the bill, although I can also imagine using this in the deep, dark winter months as a pick-me up, when you feel the summer is never going to materialize.

I'm getting a fizzy sweet vibe in the opening notes but apart from that it follows the fragrance pyramid listed above. I think mine is an older bottle as it has no ingredients list, just water, parfum, alcohol, so I don't know if it differs from the current version available.

I can also imagine passing this on to a new owner to enjoy eventually as I am probably never going to make dent in it, seriously, it is a scent bomb!
It is Bikini Atoll in a bottle, coconut, bikinis and the BOOM!

lolipophead
lolipophead

I discovered this today in our local M&S, who have a fab new beauty counter with lots of products you used to only be able to buy overseas. I do love Monoi oil, and I have the Body Shop line, but it never quite hit the spot for me, whereas this beautiful fragrance certainly does. It catapulted me back in time ( or somewhere!) amd evoked such a fabulous feeling of well being that is hard to describe. I love the Polysianne suntan range (again, only in France, as far as I know) and trying to find that particular scent had been driving me to distraction. Quest is officially over. This is a remarkable scent, I can't stop sniffing my arm. It's not a cookie-eating kind of feelig, but it is a gourmande, certainly (reminds me lots of Hypnotic Poison, but great for the summer, since in my opinion HP is perfect for the winter. My other summer love is Bronze Goddess, and Creed's Virgin Island Water, and Guerlain's Lys Soleia is another summer staple - hope this helps for those of you in love with this scent, and looking to explore! Best wishes to all from a sunny UK xx

Indeed this one reminds a lot of Yves Rochers Monoi de Tahiti. I like it but I own the YR one already.

The Shelter
The Shelter

this is a blasting fragrance...
a real summer bomb!

freddinos
freddinos

This is a megatone bomb! A blast of tiare blended with subtle coconut, a touch of vanilla and lots of summer memories. I tried it 2 hours ago and it still goes very strong, unlike most of CSP stuff. Thankfully the harsh frangipani opening lasts for very little (reminded me of some sort of bubble gum). After that, it becomes very exotic but strangely enough it seems to me more suitable for cold weather, perhaps I will change my mind if I try it again in the summer. The dry down has a hind of musk as well, and the vanilla starts to show more as the flowers subside. Excellent!

Edit: Tried this again at my local Marks and Spencer. I thought I loved this one, but I realize I find it just a bit too much! Too much of the frangipani, too much of the monoi, too much of the vanilla! I get that bubblegum-synthetic note that just irritates me! I have to wait for 2-3 hours for it to start being a mellow and easy going tropical scent. Actually I found Coco figue to be closer to what I was looking for, so I think I'll go for that!

smeyer1919
smeyer1919

At first I loved it, then I was on the fence about it. Some kind of weird spice my nose wasn't a fan of.
A friend told me he absolutely hated it... sighhh oh well

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I LOVE THIS. Vanilla usually works for me but it can also bore me. CSP did this vanilla (also vanilla abricot) in a lovely way without being foody. The vanilla is perfectly balanced with the coconut and the Tiare. Just an exotic vacation in a bottle.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Oh my word!!!!! Somebody just plucked me out of cold cloudy rainy UK and stuck me in the middle of the Carribean or wherever tropical lol WOW
This so smells of Malibu sun tan lotion crossed with Yankee Candle Coconut Bay. I want to eat my arm now!

Bit of caution though, do not get carried away with the amount you apply...it's very heady...one spray is more than enough or you might pass out lol...maybe from sheer happiness OR nausea

chowchow41

I just sprayed ones and as i entered the room my husband says 'oh my god what smells so good what is that'. I said 'its me'. It seriously smells awesome but again one spray is enough. A very great discovery.

chowchow41

Oooooooooooh this is it. This is what i was looking for as Monoii the Tahiti by Yves Rocher[wich i also like] wasnt strong enough and didnt last this one does.
Its Tiare with beautiful wiffs of coconut and vanilla. This is amazing and for an edt pretty strong. Just spray once and walk trough it and thats enough. Oh my god this is it for me for summer. Can you imagine i just sprayed one spritz on my ankle and im not tall i still can smell it. This is pure heaven for me. So dont overspray just once is enough. Cant imagine how strong the edp must be. I recommend it if you like something exotic.

this is actually a very heavy scent, a bit too heavy for me to wear in hot humid weather. but, on cooler days it's lovely and warm. the coconut and frangipani are very sweet and noticable. it's also very creamy. it defintely smells like summer, but i'll wait for fall to actually wear it. a little bit of this does go a very long way. lasts well over 5 hrs and still detectable.

lettyb76
lettyb76

It's too medicinal.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

I have the sample, but i consider to buy it!Its so sexy and summery...hot seduction!!!

Friesianfriendly
Friesianfriendly

I'm on a rickety boat in high seas, overstuffed on macaroon cookies, nauseous from seasickness and smothered in heavy suntan lotion, I hold my breath in an effort to push down the discomfort...while a man I don't know is wearing way too much cheap, sweet, men's cologne and I can't get away from him...that's what it feels like to me when I wear this scent. However, sprayed on fabric and as a room scent it's a different picture entirely. It actually smells, to me, like the lobby of The Royal Hawaiian back when I was there years ago. It seems like I can even smell the lanai and its carpets with beach sand footprints on them and see the huge tropical bouquets.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I don't love the way this one is mixed. It's far too heavy, and it didn't smell fresh or tropical at all. Like I thought it would, based on the notes. Mixing too much amber with ylang and musk is just asking for trouble. It smelled musky on paper, so I didn't test it on my skin. Someone mentioned it smelled like an older women's scent, and I have to agree.

Aureliev
Aureliev

Très surprenant..pas vraiment "monoï" comme la plupart de parfums à base de tiaré. Un début assez costaud...Il évolue heureusement très subtilement tout en étant "solaire". La tiaré est bien là, version classe, élégante et féminine, un univers beaucoup moins régressif que les vanilles de la marque et pourtant tout aussi réussi!

Blimunda
Blimunda

Like many other Comptoirs, this one is as much overwhelmingly sweet that I could not manage to wait until it completely opened on my skin but I ran to wash it off as sooner, as better.

To my nose, it smells very synthetic with benzoin as the only recognizable note I could pick. It reminded me a lot of the smell of one of those children’s cough syrups. Big disappointment, I expected more from this dreamy pyramid notes.

hya_philomena
hya_philomena

At first, I wasn't sure about this one because it kind of takes your breath away at first whiff. Then I found myself coming back for more... and more. It's extremely strong when first sprayed and I find it simply gets better once it dries down and the longer you wear it. Lots of people comment / complain that the silage of CSP fragrances is weak, but I can smell this one on my scarf quite strongly days after having worn it. Love the bottle, though some complain that it isn't "pretty enough," I travel all of the time and practicality of durability takes precedence over fragile schnick-schnack any day. I find it the perfect blend of floral and vanilla. Very tropical and a pick-me-up in winter or a sunny accompaniment in summer. If you like Monoi and vanilla, this will most likely be your friend. :-)

merilu59
merilu59

è una di quelle fragranze speciali
che non gradisco tutti i giorni
lo gradisco con il sole e quando sono giu di morale perche mi ricorda le vacanze al mare

Maki
Maki

Oh...greedy girl (woman) I am....!!!

But....

Never found this in one of the regular shops but today (beautyful day!) I took my bike and went to the beach...and in a shop near the beach...Yes you'll easily guess: They sell the stuff...!

Had myself showered with the lot of them: the coco's, the florals, the...well, like I said: The whole bunch!
Ending up taking my wallet out to buy this one.

I have never smelled something so awsome! Did I never have any idea of what Benzoïn is like...I certainly have it now! Benzoïn seems to like my skin a lot and vice versa.
The coconut is around me vaquely, just enough not to be eaten.
But what's making me very much in love with this scent is that it is sooooo unusual!! The Tiare is not the Tiare I know from Yves Rocher (and which I also like!)nor from the Body Shop but from much more exotic places (I think...)

It's mesmerizing, I'm spellbound, I'm having a holiday for 60 euro's...and can sleep in my own bed tonight...(-:

Comptoir Sud Pacifique ALOHA TIARE opens loudly, with a blast of frangipani and tiare--so apply with caution. I have some prior experience with tiare fragrances from The Body Shop and Bath & Body Works, both of which shared this bluntness in presentation, so I am assuming that tiare is a very strong-scented floral. (Although I should add that Lavanila VANILLA COCONUT--also a tiare fragrance--is much less dramatic...)

Anyway, the somewhat overwhelming opening of ALOHA TIARE eventually gives way to a delightful monoi-type drydown. Sweet vanilla and coconut manage to dust the tropical floral petals rather than drowning them in syrup. This fragrance really does (as advertised!) evoke memories of white-shuttered vacation flats in tropical settings (though my own memories are of Barbados, not Tahiti).

I am starting to see that Comptoir Sud Pacifique really is essentially a vacation concept line. Even the utilitarian aluminum containers--highly unattractive and cheap--are meant to convey the message that this fragrance is intended only to be used straight from the suitcase.

I would not wear ALOHA TIARE as a regular perfume, but it's nice on a bright sunny 70F+ day when summer seems to be on its way to Boston after an overly cold, overly long winter.

ismell
ismell

I always get noticed and I am given compliments when I wear this perfume for me it is best worn on a hot day as the notes just all develop.

rednose
rednose

This is not lush and exotic. It is completely what I didn't think it would be: an utter disgrace of a scent that can only be described as a stuffy nose causing allergy that invokes one to vomit.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I can't believe it's from 1975 (though in basenotes it's 'in one' with 'tiare' and there's year 1974, so it seems there was another version before, also according to CSP site there notes are different)!

It doesn't smell old fashioned. At last I've found that mystery perfume I was wanting since I was ten or something. It wasn't quite this (this has more sugarsweetness and that other had citruses tangled in it so the sweetness was more wearable), but I'm sure it was other brand imitating this one or alikes (if there are ones).

At first spray it's very strong and there's something like pepper for a minute or so that made me sneeze.

It quickly turns perfect and very sweet enjoyable floral, exotic scent. I feel frangipani I think, it gives the sweetness... In my opinion this is very sultry sweet one, sometimes it's evil, especially benzoin I think. It would be more perfect if they'd add some more citrus to it- say, lime...

Lasting power is excellent and sillage is great, this fragrance sticks to nose when you sniff it from paper and you can feel it while you're breathing. It lasts for days.

Also there's a very special note in it- papyrus. It's very distinct and you will find it in such perfumes like Dzongkha and especially Timbuktu.

Notes (from CSP site):
Top note: Lemon, Bergamot, Papyrus.
Heart note: Baie Rose, Violet Leaf.
Base note: Patchouly, Filaowood, Amber, white Musc.
P.S. If it failed when you tried it during summer or hot day (due to top note) try it again in cold day.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

Absolute perfection of flowers and coconut. Simply simple and reminds me or my younger years growing up playing on the beaches of Florida.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

Absolutly HATED this one!!! I did not get the coconut at all. Smelled like something a much older lady would wear.

jeca
jeca

A beautiful and exotic scent, coconut blends perfect with Tiare, makes it carnal and gourmand

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aloha Tiare Eau de Toilette by Comptoir Sud Pacifique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.