Designers » C » Woody « Groups

Barbier des Isles Comptoir Sud Pacifique for men

Barbier des Isles Comptoir Sud Pacifique for men
dislike

smoky

Barbier des Isles by Comptoir Sud Pacifique is a Woody fragrance for men. Barbier des Isles was launched in 1978. Top notes are orange, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are jasmine, cloves, incense and cardamom; base notes are patchouli, musk, vetiver, brazilian rosewood and myrrh.

Orange Bergamot Lemon

Jasmine Cloves Incense Cardamom

Patchouli Musk Vetiver Brazilian Rosewood Myrrh

Phileas

Barbier des Isles Fragrance Reviews

I just did a vial dab sampling on my wrist, so I'll update if I give it a regular wearing. I found this to be a weak, "feminized" (more floral) version of Yatagan, missing the strong castoreum of Yatagan, and almost having a watery quality (not in a calone/aquatic fragrance way). I found it both unpleasant and uninteresting. This is a muddle to me, and I can't understand it, so I'll just stop my review here until I think I can say more that might be helpful.

instantjim
instantjim

What absolutely astounds me is that this fragrance is being sold as a women's fragrance by at least one online seller. It is not.

The very name Barbier des Isles "Barber of the isles" bespeaks its masculinity. This is essentially like Yatagan mixed in equal parts with Polo Green and ethanol. It is a dry woody, somewhat smoky fragrance with spices and herbs. The lasting time is nowhere near Yatagan or Polo, but still respectable enough.

Jasper
Jasper

Before I try it I though it would be a light, fresh a little spicy woody-aromatic scent, judged by its notes. I'm fooled! This one is so thick and heavy and dull you almost can cut it with a knife! Where is the orange, where is my favorite bergamot? all I can smell was incense and some burnt spices. Oh and a hint of vetiver but in this case it did not help freshen up this fragrance. I have never found CSP's scent I don't like but this is the one! I don't think I will try it again at least not in the near future. Disappointed!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comptoir Sud Pacifique Barbier des Isles fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comptoir Sud Pacifique Barbier des Isles, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Barbier des Isles by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Barbier des Isles by Comptoir Sud Pacifique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Caron Yatagan Comptoir Sud Pacifique L'Eau du Gouverneur Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel L`Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu Serge Lutens Chene L`Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Lalique Encre Noire Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain L`Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Mirato Malizia Uomo Vetyver Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Sycomore Davidoff Zino Davidoff Yves Saint Laurent M7 L`Artisan Parfumeur Fou d`Absinthe Karl Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Classic Guerlain Vetiver Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi Lubin Itasca