Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Coco Extreme Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and men

coconut
milky
tropical
Coco Extreme Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and men Pictures Coco Extreme Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and men Pictures

Coco Extreme by Comptoir Sud Pacifique is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. Coco Extreme was launched in 2007. Top notes are coconut and vanilla flower; middle notes are tonka bean, almond, coconut and milk; base notes are vanille, sugar and coconut.

Coconut Vanilla Flower

Cap Nature Noix de Coco

Coco Extreme Fragrance Reviews

TheSultan
TheSultan

Ive been complimented on this fragrance, more than any, Ive ever owned, be them niche or designer. Older women, a skater, baristas, bank tellers, dentist assistants and recently a woman I encountered, who was squaring away her visa documents, after moving to the US two weeks ago. She could barely speak English but was bending over backwards as she motioned for me to write the name of it down. And it's the only fragrance that I have several bottles of. Lasts most of the day on me, and in no way, does it smell like sunscreen lotion to me. It doesn't smell synthetic like those tanning products. It's much more natural smelling. Like freshly picked coconut stirred in vanilla and almonds.

elusivek
elusivek

Please forgive me for the harshness of my review, this evoked a sudden and intense emotion - instant dislike! I was looking for a light hearted summery coconut scent. What I got was a tidal wave of sweetness (it reminded me a bit of the sweetness in Pink Sugar), plus burnt vanilla, and a synthetic/cheap car air freshener weak attempt at coconut. It was headache inducing and a scrubber.
I don't know if it would have mellowed or bloomed with time, it was too much and I only lasted 10 minutes with it.
IMO St. Tropez Dispenser is much better. If you want the ultimate of coconut perfumes (but hideously expensive) then go for Shunkoin, it's a classy/elegant coconut that is simply amazing.

raw umber
raw umber

I think this is THE holy grail of solinote coconut perfumes. It's almost sacred to me. I don't have much to add to what other reviewers have said, except to say, yes, it's ridiculously potent and unforgiving coconut bliss.

To answer Sherapop's query below, I prefer to wear this in addition to my sunscreen in order to boost the coconut facet. Does my sunscreen really need the boost? Of course it does. I want my coconut to erode the sand dunes with its strength, and make the seagulls spiral out of the sky.

Jillita
Jillita

I wanted an overpowering coconut fragrance and Coco Extreme is it. A recent and unexpected coconut lust led to a very happy quest of testing many perfumes advertising the note. The search for a perfect perfume coconut, for its iconic fatty milkiness, and as featured in retro suntan lotions, like Hawaiian Tropic, is now over, thanks to Coco Extreme -- and, especially, thanks to the many Fragranticans who recommended Comptoir Sud Pacifique for the house's especially faithful, rich, delicious, powerful, and long-lasting coconut note.

Underneath a massive milky coconut is a sweet and warm vanilla and a very noticeable almond, exactly like old-fashioned Good Humor Toasted Almond ice cream bars. And there's not much else here. Because of Coco Extreme's relative simplicity, I layered it with the tropical fruity and floral beauty Estee Lauder Brasil Dream, of which I thought the coconut was sadly underemphasized. And using the two I am presently in tropical beach olfactory bliss.

The Too Long; Didn't Read version is this: If you are cuckoo for coconuts, get CSP Coco Extreme.

Belil
Belil

Calling this perfume would be the same as praising baby shampoo for it's scent. Banal, yet soothing. It satisfies my inner child, that had anything "coconut" only on special occasions. Ok, I obsessed over it for a few days, now I'm over, and for good this time.

meugie
meugie

When I was a teenager in the 70’s, loved the super mega trendy Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Oil. When I went to the beach anointed myself with it and smelled coconut for the rest of the day. For the good and the evil.
Use the Hawaiian was a proof that you were a cool person. You were distinguished with many stars in the teenagers’ beach universe.
Good times of surf, sunset at the sand and first loves. Not always successful.
I'm sure nothing has changed except me. Thanks God.
A bell rang in my mind when I saw a promotion of this perfume (50 ml for $ $12,00). May it have the same smell? In fact, my intuition said it would be a “yes”.
I was not wrong: coconut greasy is the best expression to define the scent of this fragrance.
I'm no longer a teenager for a long time and I don't think today want to walk down the street wearing this perfume. But on any given laziness Sunday at home, it's a lot of fun.
Who knows on the beach, to give an air of Hawaiian Tropic into my insipid and politically correct sunscreen factor 60. One day I'm going to try.
Update: I read Sherapop's now. Glad to see someone else remembered the Hawaiian.

isadorable
isadorable

this one reminds me of BBW exotic coconut, minus the "kaka" dry-down... this one is just a pure, milky, creamy, coconut lovers dream! i must go... will be laying on my couch, nose to my wrist, imagining sun and sand... please leave a message :P

christianne1
christianne1

This is a coconut bomb, plain and simple. No need to ramble on and on about any other barely detectable notes because you will have to be Sherlock Holmes to find them past the coconut. Yes, there is a dose of vanilla of course as it is CSP but this is all about the coconut. This is full blown Tarzan yodeling monkeys swinging from the vines coconut. Or maybe Panama City Beach, I'm not sure. Part of me is thinking far away remote island while the other is thinking bad perm and twice a day at the tanning parlor and tropical wine cooler. I am not quite sure what to think of this but all I know is that it is not for me. It is in the Ebay box.

5354alice
5354alice

Ok ok...I finally get one bottle of this, in sale. What can I say? I get what the name promises: coconut, sweet coconut. The fragrance is ok, very summery and nice, my only complain is that you really do not need to spend lots of money to get this kind of parfum, there are nice coconut scents chaeper and similar.

I have to add that this one has a very good stayng power.

No one can say that I was not warned! With a name like Coco Extrême, on a perfume from the house of Comptoir Sud Pacifique, I could have easily predicted that this would be a suntan lotion facsimile scent--and it is!

Especially in the opening minutes, this creation smacks undeniably of Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion: coconut in a creamy and somewhat overwhelming concoction designed to withstand wind and seawater, sand and sweat! In this case, the scent tones down quite a bit and becomes less sweet and coconuty after several minutes. By the drydown there even seems to be a touch of woodiness.

Not a subtle perfume, but it will match your suntan lotion, so that's a virtue, I suppose. Plus sometimes it's nice to bring back the memories of a vacation when the prospects for one are rather remote--say in the middle of winter, with months to go before summertime.

On the other hand, why not just slab on some sunscreen?

Imadele
Imadele

Oddly disappeared instantly on me :(

Gingi
Gingi

Third and final sample. Utterly disgusting!The most unrealistic fragrances I ever tested.

Délicieux
Délicieux

I decided to buy this the other day and I'm very surprised that I did. I had my heart set on Amour De Cacao (which I still may get when Fall comes)...but Coco Extreme was incredible on my skin. I do like the smell and taste of coconut, but wasn't quite sure I wanted to smell like one. This is not what I expected at all. Not as sweet as the other Comptoir offerings. This is a sophisticated, slightly mysterious coconut...if a coconut can be at all attributed to those qualities. I picture a Tahitian beauty with dark eyes and a deep, smouldering secret. Haha, well, you can just chalk that up to my overly dramatic imagination.

Sometimes citrus scents evaporate on me in the warm weather. I know I'm going to love wearing this in the summer when something a bit heavier is called for but not too cloying. Thoroughly yum and sexy scent!

This is really very very much like Yves Rochers Coconut.

poivrerose
poivrerose

I am quite keen on coconut, and I've gotta say, this is really very good. Nice and authentic. I do slightly sense milk and almonds alongside this lightly sweetened freshly shaved coconut. It is creamy, soft, pretty, tropical - but without the unwelcome addition of other attention stealing tropical fruits or flowers. Pure coconut. It shares a likeness with YR Coco Malaisie, but is also different. It is more present, thicker, and tropical. YRs coconut is cleaner and translucent, and I don't want to eat it. However, Coco Extreme does not truly boast the sweetness of cakes, cookies, or candies in my opinion. It is a sweetness you'd find in nature. It's gentle. It's pleasant. I could wear it anytime. Solid A for this coconut.
(this is a review for the 1oz glass bottle formulation)

jenniep
jenniep

Fab now available at M & S

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

smells like a fresh coconut. its very basic. nothing special. but if you want a coconut thats fresh and summery, this could be the one.

freddinos
freddinos

Quite a heavy coconut smell, not something sophisticated as you would expect from its posh name and packaging. I absolutely love anything coconut-y but this was just missing something to transform it from edible/yummy to haute parfumerie. The truth is that every time I wore this I had a lot of compliments, but mainly because it was so creamy and coconuty that everyone noticed! I also was asked a lot if I was wearing suntan oil! All in all, a true coconut smell, not something elegant or something that feels/smells expensive

XXYY
XXYY

While initially hitting the skin with a slightly harsh snap, it settles in beautifully. I get compliments about "how good I smell" every time I wear it. Light, summer scent perfect for the beach, or for the winter, when you wish it was summer at the beach.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

I absolutely love coconut smells. I was looking for a similar small to Profumi Forte Apuani and THIS IS NOT IT. I sprayed it on about 20 minutes ago and i am still nauseous. It overly done. Coconut smells synthetic and toasted, almond scent is faint and just adds to the nausea. It is a blind buy that I regret but one of my employees loved it so my error is their gain.

juliaice
juliaice

This was a blind buy for me, and I really regret it.
I was so sure I would love it because all the notes mentioned are my absolute favorites and the reviews seemed so positive.
This is not an oriental. Its extremely sweet and heavy and quite frankly I don't get much of any of the notes listed. Sure there's a little coconut but it's not that nutty exotic smell that's so unique. Instead its a very sugary synthetic coconut with tons of banana and pina colada.
I also found there wasn't anything "intense" about it, for the first few seconds the sticky sweetness hits you like a ton of bricks and then 'poof' it just disappears leaving the faintest moldy/rancid tinge behind that sticks close to the skin. No lasting power to speak of.
This is as far away from being a unisex fragrance as I have ever smelt too, its waayy too cloying and sweet for that.
In sum, this smells like ancient suntan lotion.

Maybe this is just a fail with my skin but I'm still so very very disappointed.
Better luck to the rest of you!!

luckylilac6
luckylilac6

Wow...this is one heavy sweet smelling coconut.
Thick and creamy..I really dont know if it would be suitable for summer though, I honestly think it could be headache enducing.

Very long lasting and strong for an eau de toilete.

On the strength of the reviews I ordered from the usa, and everyone was spot on with their reviews...exactly what I was expecting.

justicecrow88
justicecrow88

The perfect coconut perfume.sweet ground coconut ,sugared cream,light almond and a thin vanilla veil.not powdery and nothing to complicate it.just pure coconut goodness.i have found my coconut perfection in a bottle.

zabica
zabica

This is a more expensive and a more "yummy" version of Yves Rocher's Noix de coco. Or so I thought at first .. but I must admit, although I've been loving the YR one, this has so much more to it, it' so so so special. If you ever had those Raffaello coconut truffles, imagine eating these on a sandy beach, while putting the coconut scented sun lotion on! That's the smell you'll get if you spray this. I personally love smelling like suntan lotion, coconut and summery things like that. This is a true coconut, but not the plain one, but a very gourmandy, tasty, coconut, with a slight vanilla note to it. I can smell some almonds too, which to me often comes from Tonka in perfumes.

Pretty long lasting, I must admit that on my weird skin it lasts for more than 8 hours, I even smell it on my hair/clothes several days after applying it. Draws compliments and it is pleasant for wearing. Don't put too much, a little goes a long way. Recommendation!

anneymn
anneymn

On me this is pretty much just coconuts, and it lasts and lasts! I sprayed my arm 8 hours ago and it's still there.

vanille coco- yellow or white cake with coconut shavings

coco extreme- coconuts, coconuts, and coconuts.. oh and a little vanilla I guess. & it is buttery like mentioned.

Natalie467
Natalie467

Coco Extreme is the only coconut scent I've encountered that does not have any fruit or pineapple which turns the whole thing into a Pina Colada or a icky sweet concoction. Simply pure, unsweetened coconut, nutty almonds with a little vanilla. A very easy to wear and comfortable scent.

This and CSP's Aloha Tiare and Eau De Naphe used to be my "go to" fragrances in the summer. Eventually summer will arrive this year and I'll probably use them again on occasion. I'm not such a coconut fiend anymore and I've discovered there are other fragrances that work well in the warmer months.

falovalo
falovalo

What a disappointment! I was hoping that this would be a natural smelling, not-sugary coconut for my boyfriend and I to wear. This couldn't be farther from what I was wanting. The almond is way too dominant, giving it an almost butter-like scent. Now I like butter on my bread, not my fragrances. The coconut was shrinking away in the background, under a pound of pure dairy butter!

Sterling Maiden
Sterling Maiden

Comptoir Sud Pacifique has nailed it with this one. After testing it today, I'm pleased to report that it didn't disappoint in the least.

I'm considering adding it to my CSP collection, even though I already have the Vanille Coco. This one is more intense in the coconut department, as you'd expect given it's name (no surprise there).

Bottom line: it delivers exactly what you'd expect. Coconut, vanilla, and a smattering of almonds ... a true gourmand fragrance that lasts long enough to satisfy your craving for sweets.

UPDATE:
I tried it again today, and after three hours the coconut morphed into the most delicious Creme Brulee. I decided right then that I had to have it, drove back to the store and bought it. But the best part is it lasts and lasts.

Coco Extreme by Comptoir Sud Pacifique 3.61 out of 5 based on 150 ratings and 28 user reviews

BeautyBar.com
Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Coco Extreme Eau de Toilette - 30 ml
Zappos.com
Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Coco Extreme 30ml EDT No Color - Beauty
Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Coco Extreme 30ml EDT No Color - Beauty
COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE COCO EXTREME for WOMEN by Comptoir Sud Pacifique EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Extreme Perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE COCO EXTREME for WOMEN by Comptoir Sud Pacifique EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ GLASS BOTTLE
Perfume.com
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Extreme Perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique - 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Extreme Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Extreme Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Beautyhabit.com
Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Coco Extreme Eau de Toilette - 100 ml
Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Coco Extreme Eau de Toilette - 100 ml
BeautyBar.com
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Extreme Eau de Toilette

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Extreme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Extreme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Coco Extreme by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Coco Extreme by Comptoir Sud Pacifique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.