Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

L'Eau du Gouverneur Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and men

L'Eau du Gouverneur Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and men

L'Eau du Gouverneur Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and men Pictures L'Eau du Gouverneur Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and men Pictures

L’Eau du Gouverneur is fresh and elegant, representing a scented cocktail of aromatic, fresh spiced and woody notes. Citrus start of verbena, lemon and bergamot, leads to an aromatic heart, formed out of various spices from all over the world: clary sage, Sumatra nutmeg, Jamaican pepper (allspice), Shri Lanka clove and Madagascar black pepper. The base consists of wooden notes: cedar, vetiver, Tonka and musk. It was launched in 1980.

Lemon Verbena Bergamot Lemon

Nutmeg Pepper Clary Sage Cloves

Tonka Bean Musk Vetiver Cedar

Cacharel Pour Homme
Nutmeg & Ginger

L'Eau du Gouverneur Fragrance Reviews

L'Eau du Gouverneur is a strong, 100% masculine scent for hot weather. Probably one of the best men's summer scents out there. Opens with a blast of vivid citruses, green and earth notes, incense and resins, fresh and a little sweet in depth with some spices. All together to a beautiful well blended mix that travels you in a summer sunny forest full of green earthy herbs, citruses, aromatic trees and resins. As time passes it becomes deeper and more serious.

No, this is not a unisex scent OMG! It is clearly a superb men's summer scent. I cannot imagine a woman wearing such a harsh, strong and masculine fragrance.

The longevity is superb with at least 7 hours and the sillage is heavy for the first hour or so. Then it becomes slightly smooth but everyone can detect you in one meter radius but without being annoying. This is not a cold weather scent. I highly reccomend it for summer, spring and fall if you have hot fall..

The most distinguished notes I get are lemon verbena, bergamot, lemon, nutmeg, clary sage, cloves, vetiver, not so strong pepper and the rest notes are weak. This lovely scent is one of my best summer scents I've ever had. A hidden diamond worth to buy!

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Here’s a really nice, solid green-vetiver-lavender-nutmeg-cloves blend, as much elegant as earthy and spicy. Simple but totally good, if you’re into the notes; it smells rich, classy, fresh, effortless, revolving around vetiver’s trademark “relaxed” coziness, clean yet earthy and natural. Quite a lot of pleasant nuances coming and going, I get a slap of zesty citrus initially, then herbs (my guess of lavender may be due to that), something floral, something slightly indolic too... a totally unpretentious and perfectly compelling “natural landscape”. And stuffed with spices though, especially as hours pass: cloves and nutmeg above all, which at some point seem even “overpassing” the axe vetiver-herbs. Initially I thought this hadn’t much in common with Cacharel pour l’Homme, but after the opening (say, one hour or so), Eau de Gouverneur comes undoubtedly close to it, although keeping it a bit less heavy on the spices. Really nice overall, “easy” in the most positive meaning possible.

This is a tamed Cacharel Pour Homme. While CPH is loud and I get bothered by it, this one stay in your skin all day long. I really like all kind of scents but prefer those close to my skin.

It's like between Cacharel pour homme and Loewe7 natural.
A very good fragrance!

I love it, but...on men! Too masculine for me.

The best of CSP. It was discontinued and reappear recently like an Essential.
A perfect round composition with pepper like a great classic of 80's. Very long lasting. All day long you travel on a full spices ship coming back from Malabar...

For some reason I find the made for men or unisex creations of the house of Comptoir Sud Pacifique *much* better than the blunt and literal feminine perfumes. L'EAU DU GOUVERNEUR is an excellent example and may even be my favorite CSP offering of all (of those I've tried...).

This smooth woody oriental perfume (and I do believe that it is 100% unisex--not a masculine cologne, by any stretch of the imagination) features a variety of very hard-hitting spices, most notably nutmeg and allspice, but they are blended so beautifully that none overwhelms, as so often happens when such spices are used in perfume. The slightly citrus opening is very shortlived, and the composition nearly immediately settles down to a gorgeous, tightly woven tapestry of spices and woods with medium sillage and good longevity.

L'EAU DU GOUVERNEUR (or in my case, GOUVERNEUSE!) is perfect for fall weather and makes me want to stroll down a path strewn with piles of multicolored leaves being jostled about by a cool breeze.

Don't spray too much, you just might pass out from intoxication! I love spices and knew this one would be strong after reading the notes. I bought it on a whim & was very excited to receive the package. The first time I sprayed it, I went a little crazy by over spraying this one. I seriously could not breathe it was so powerful! Go lightly & it will be lovely!!

It's strong, it's demanding! You won't go un-noticed that's for sure! The spices take over immediately. I wore this during a holiday when I cooked for everyone. After a while, I kept getting this wonderfully aromatic yet relaxing smell & wondered where it was coming from.

I finally reached for my wrist where at one deep breath I was taken away to a forest. As I lay on the ground taking in this wonderful aroma of trees, nutmeg, cloves, fresh green-ness & citrus smells all nestling together, I wondered who was brewing this magically delicious potion wafting thru the forest air. I tiptoed thru the forest trying to smell my way to the location where this intoxication was occuring. Now, I smell the sweetness almost tasting it. Alas, I opened my eyes sighing & realizing it was indeed my Comptoir LDG & it gave me a break from my kitchen..a much needed break!

This is like I said very strong! If you like spices or incense, you should like this a lot! And, the lasting power is beyond fantastic. Use sparingly, it only takes a little bit. I really think it's more suitable for a man but a woman who loves her spices or incense can definitely get away with it as it melds into a nice velvety soft scent.

I try this one and find out that it isn't a match for me.I feel that some "spice" notes are disturbing,too masculine for me.I try to layer it with another "fresh" fragrance and it's better.Anyway the quality of this fragrance is good and long lasting...which not good for me though.

Revise...After I try another fragrance with strong spices note(a lot more!)I found that this one is become more charming for me.I decide to give it a try again!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comptoir Sud Pacifique L'Eau du Gouverneur fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comptoir Sud Pacifique L'Eau du Gouverneur, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Eau du Gouverneur by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Eau du Gouverneur by Comptoir Sud Pacifique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.