Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vanille Amande Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women
dislike

almond
nutty

Vanille Amande by Comptoir Sud Pacifique is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. The fragrance features almond and tahitian vanilla.

Almond Tahitian Vanilla

The Scent of Anna Dello Russo
Mandorla

Vanille Amande Fragrance Reviews

smellagent
smellagent

@OTA mom you are spot on. This has a glorious blast of
Amoretto almond then puff gone and what you are left with is slightly burnt sugar vanilla which is ok but I want and crave that almond.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Really intense almond for just a few minutes, then softens to a vanilla. If the the almond could only stick around longer, this would be a "love" for me.

melia
melia

I'm actually so surprised there are quite some comparisons to l'erbolarios Mandorla. I have the latter, I had but swapped this one... This is way more of a dusty candy vanilla, the kind of vanilla CSP uses in all their vanilla-combinations and which is quite recognisable. Mandorla is really more about the almond itself with its slightly bitter-creamy asset to it. As might be noticed, I prefer Mandorla.

nero77
nero77

Delicate and sweet...

The French company Comptoir Sud Pacifique and their perfume line is inspired by the smells of the South Pacific islands. As with many of this line, Vanille Amande is a gourmand fragrance. It smells edible, and quite delicious.

With Vanille Amande or "Almond Vanilla" is another fragrance from their line which, like many others, stays true to it's name. It's notes include two types of almond, combined with creamy Tahitian vanilla (the connection to the South Pacific comes specifically from Tahiti, the capital island of French Polynesia, and also where a type of Vanilla is grown).

To me, the fragrance opens up with a sweet almond blossom note, and a sugary, amaretto like note, very reminiscent of an almond liquor. As with most fragrances from this like, it is sweet, but not cloying. Instead I find that this is quite delicate and very easy to wear. I got 4-5 hours of wearing before it died down to a very faint sugary skin scent.

I think this could work best in spring and summer, I think it is otherwise too light to be worn in colder weather. I have heard that it was first discontinued by the company, but recently relaunched. However I have not found it on their official website.

Overall, there are a couple of fragrances I could recommend above this one, the first is Aqua di Parma - Mandorlo di Sicilia. That one is a fantastic investment and with a lot more body than this one; and the other is Cartier - Le Baiser du Dragon, which is a very rich, deep, spicy take on amaretto and very luxurious.

I am impressed with the Comptoir Sud Pacifique line, and whilst I thought I would like this fragrance a lot more than I did, I still think there are better alternatives out there. Vanille Amande is a pleasant one, but not everything I am looking for in a perfume.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Only two notes but this scent is really lovely.
Both vanilla and almond are very rich and quite heavy and they linger a long time.
I wear this in cool weather too rich for summer.
The vanilla here could be Bourbon (but it says Tahitian) very warm and heavy and the almonds seem sugar coated.
All in all a nice fragrance but very linear.Longevity is excellent and sillage is very good.

Gingi
Gingi

Hideous, cheap, synthetic!!! Iam so disgusted, it makes me physically sick.I would keep a long distance from people who weare this fragrance. Not sophisticated at all.

anneymn
anneymn

Very very creamy, mmm. I get vanilla on my skin more then almonds, but almonds aren't a strong fragrance anyway, unless toasted and candied. The vanilla and almonds have a cooking extract smell to them, I love it. Rich vanilla creamy yumminess, with decent projection and longevity.

If your a gourmand lover, and love vanilla I recommend this. I love this perfume ^-^

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

I LOVEEEEE this scent! It is a very creamy vanilla almond scent that constantly lingers around me. When I think it's gone, I catch a yummy whiff. Love it!!

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

This is THE ONE. Oh how I love you, Comptoir Sud Pacifique for dreaming up this delicious creation of almonds, vanilla and cream. This is to die for, I couldn't live without it. I've heard it's been discontinued, so I've hoarded numerous boxes...

liquidiridium
liquidiridium

Just got this yesterday & I LOVE IT!. Scrumptious warm almond& vanilla scent. First whiff is 100% almond, very cherry-like scent. Takes about 20 minutes for it to calm down into a marvelously rich warm vanilla/almond scent. Blends gorgeously well w/my cocoa/coconut body lotion. I am in olfactory heaven even as I type. So rich & lovely.

guest_Alicia
guest_Alicia

Whenever I wear this perfume everyone loves it. Especially men. Women and children like it ,too. It definately has that sweet delicious scent like a candy/cookie or something. An interesting thing is that everyone seems to think of it a little differently; cake, cookies, waffle icecream cones. Perfect for a date - trust me ;)

kay_li13
kay_li13

When I sprayed this on, I knew there was something about it that smelled strangely familiar.... It is strong and clear at the beginning... at the end of the day I finally figured it out. It smells exactly like Almond extract with a little bit of Vanilla extract. Not very complex, and nice enough, but not a "must-have" for me. Reminds me of those almond cookies that I loved eating when I was a kid! You know, they're yellow and baked, and have a tiny half almond on the top? If it was less "extract-like" (medicinally, like jeca said) and more almond cookie like, this would be a must-have for me. :) It's good, but I feel like it's missing that powdery dust-like crunch of a cookie that makes them so appetizing and attractive to me...

jeca
jeca

This is pure almond, very intensive, it even has some medicinal nuances (like natural almond scent), after 10 minites it becomes milder with vanilla tones. Unusual and interesting.

2007

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Amande fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Amande, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanille Amande by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanille Amande by Comptoir Sud Pacifique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.