Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Toujours Moi Corday for women

Toujours Moi Corday for women
dislike

Toujours Moi Corday for women Pictures Toujours Moi Corday for women Pictures

Toujours Moi (Forever Me) is one of the early Corday perfumes, launched in 1924. It rested on great popularity until and after Second World War. A composer Harry Revel was so impressed by the perfume, that he devoted several musical compositions to six Corday perfumes. The collection of Harry Revel’s compositions is called Perfume Set To Music. Please read more about the perfume and the house of Corday in the article “French house Jovoy – Corday.”

Toujours Moi
Royal Secret

Toujours Moi Fragrance Reviews

I have some of the vintage Corday "Pure Spray Cologne." This is somewhat discordant at first, and I think that is what happens when you put vetiver with a resinous amber (the florals are quite subdued). The vetiver has a kind of funky quality I've now experienced with quite a few vintage scents. There also seems to be a kind of "hard" incense. It took me some time to get used to it, but I think the quality of the ingredients helps. It's a little sweet, a little powdery, a little animalic, and has a hint of woodiness. Perhaps the sandalwood is stronger in a more powerful concentration, but this quite strong, especially for the first hour or so. I certainly consider it unisex, but obviously it's more for the aficionado regardless.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I have the original in the unicorn bottle, Came in a box with powder and what looks like the newer versin bottle but the contents tell me different.

This is such a gorgeous sandalwood powdery ambery perfume. It has great deapth yet in a way feels young and fresh. Prety amaqzing, the sillage is perfect and the longevity is amazing well over 8 hours... soft and strong

9,5/10

Carnation
Carnation

I had the Dana version and this review is for the Max Factor version. It's the one Barb Herman from yesterdays perfume.com says is the closest to the original Corday version. I call it the "between" period."
Resin,sweet and spicy is so evident from the get go. There a richness to the spice that isn't present in the Dana version. I don't detect much sweetness as I did in the Dana . Now I must find the Corday.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I obtained a vintage bottle of the Corday version before Max Factor and Dana started making it. I am not sure of the date but guessing by the bottle I would think the 1960's era. Surprisingly the bottle that was still sealed in the cellophane wrap was amazingly fresh. Absolutely no rancidity whatsoever. With some trepidation I sprayed it on my wrist. We know that this vintage stuff can be pretty potent. The version I have is called Spragrance. Anyhow wow it's very pretty. Definitely something with a vintage edge to it but not that heavy perfume that screams I am vintage, I am heavy look out for me. I am getting a slightly powdery scent. Very pretty and sexy. I get powder, some floral notes. I am having a difficult time describing this scent. I can just say I am very impressed with the age of this that it has maintained it's dignity. Back in the day this must have been very ahead of it's time because my memory of the 70's era of fragrances were sharp distinct vintage scents. Not that this is a bad thing but my opinion is this falls into a more softer modern category for that era.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

This is truly the scent of the 1920s! Deep, dark purple incense entrances you with a bright raspberry accord before the massive jasmine bloom occurs, exploding like fireworks. Heliotrope, lilac, and orange blossom adorn the composition like cherubs in a religious motif. A huge amber warmth envelops you with just a hint of suede and blonde woods. The incense continues for what seems like forever. A trace of benzoin stays with you like a kiss from a stranger you may never meet again.

The Dana version is actually very faithful in my opinion - it's just also really cheap.

glee447
glee447

I love this perfume! It has an alluring scent that is reminiscent of Shalimar, but much softer - subtle. Body chemistry is everything - I if you can wear Toujour Moi - you can REALLY wear it to your advantage.

carolg
carolg

I am a new fan of Toujours Moi ! Sadly, I never sampled the delights of the vintage but the Dana version fits my needs for this kind of fragance. The reason I love it so much is that it has a creamyness of vintage Rochas Femme that the reformulation lacks and a striking resemblance to Bal A Versailles and Tabu !

Long may this fragrance reign!

Scentabella
Scentabella

Fragantica admin...please can we have more perfumes and info from corday....i dont consider it niche....its just very old like coty but not a big buy out company as coty became.... very well known in france in the 30's -70s and by looks of ebay very popular market in the states as there are liads o Ad prints from usa for sale.
Other perfumes i have seen are Fame , possession, jet , voyage a paris and a heady vanilla that puts habanita in the shade...( whixh i smelled at my mum in laws house in paris) .so please please can someone find out more

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I have recently acquired a vintage 1950's/60's bottle of this and am comparing to the 90's Dana version which I also own - both are actually quite similar so I wouldn't say the later version isn't as good by any means, it is definitely lighter and a tad sweeter. The vintage edition definitely has a bit more leather smokey incense, the honey is prominent and less beeswaxy than the newer formulation I also get a hint of shalimar from this vintage bottle. Just lovely.

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

no one seems to be mentioning the strong leather vibe of the modern version.

i haven't smelled the vintage, but to me it's a rich, ambery leather fragrance which would also work on a man.

nananessa
nananessa

I wore this fragrance for probably a decade when I was younger. It had very lovely white florals & was such a unique fragrance. A classic!

Babygirl02
Babygirl02

This is a yummy smelling perfume!

calliope07
calliope07

Can't speak to the Dana version, but the original was very romantic. Yes, I agree, I would also have called it an oriental.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

My Mother wore this.

Kiku
Kiku

One of the perfumes that defines the oriental family. Warm, sweet, and thick. Redolent of heavy white flowers, spices, and just the right amount of vanilla. The best powdery drydown of any perfume. There is nothing synthetic or cheap in Toujours Moi, it smells completely natural. A full-bodied, sensual fragrance experience. Todays stinky orientals should use this as their inspiration.

Max Factor produced this in the late 80's/early 90's. Apparently Factor used the original formula because the two smell the same. This review is for the Corday and Factor versions.

I want to purchase a bottle of the orig Corday Toujour Moi that's been worn by my family probably since it was created in 1924. I can most likely only afford the cologne.

Please contact me at 407-929-8121

Thank you. Amy Spalding
ormond beach, fl 32174

vena w
vena w

Tried this (e-bay purchase) after buying the new Toujours Moi by Dana. The Corday version, even vintage, is soooo much better than the Dana. It's a spicy, powdery oriental-floral and lasts well on me.

millascent
millascent

Sweet and spicy oriental with very powdery florals. Similar to, but less intense and softer than Miller Harris Oriental Flowers, and I swear it has a whiff of wedding cake. Although it has an animal base, its only a little bit naughty. The parfum/perfume strength is being reviewed.

Toujours Moi by Corday 4.53 out of 5 based on 49 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Corday Toujours Moi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Corday Toujours Moi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Toujours Moi by Corday. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Toujours Moi by Corday represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.