Designers » C » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Complice Coty for women

Complice Coty for women
dislike

Complice Coty for women Pictures

Complice by Coty is launched in 1973. The composition opens with notes of aldehydes, bergamot, orange blossom, peach and spices with flowers in the heart (rose, orris root, narcissus, lily of the valley, lilac and carnation). The base is made of oak moss, sandalwood, vetiver, benzoin, civet and musk.

African Orange flower Bergamot Peach Aldehydes Spices

Fragrance Review For Complice By Coty

Top Notes: African Orange Flower Bergamot Peach Aldehydes Spices

Middle Notes: Carnation Narcissus Orris Root Rose Lily of the Valley Lilac

Base Notes: Vetiver Musk Sandalwood Oak Moss Benzoin Civet

What a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Coty perfume. This is why I hold Coty with such high regard, especially their early fragrances. They became a joke later on but they were the world's premier perfume house at one time. This is a lot of things: floral aldehyde, floral fruity, floral musk, and chypre. The opening is a bergamot citrus and peach. The freshness is rather sharp and green and spicy. It becomes aromatic very early on. There is probably an unlisted patchouli note. The flowers in this perfume that most caress my nose is lily of the valley, carnation, narcissus and lilac. A garden of flowers. They are in no danger of turning too airy because the base notes are strong and give the scent a superb support and longevity. I can detect the creamy incense type note of benzoin, rich, dark, smoky. There's also oak moss in spades, vetiver and sandalwood. The final stage is pure musk and civet. Aromatic, unisex, sophisticated, very beautiful perfume.

danieq
danieq

The very first impression I have of this is a sharp, aldehydic green scent. After a few minutes, all of my olfactory sense of it is completely gone and I get absolutley nothing. Then, out of the blue, a soft, soapy and musky, very lightly floral perhaps wafts up. This one is a trickster. Can't wait until much later to see what develops. So far, it's very elegant indeed.

flhterrie
flhterrie

I have this in EDP and although I like it, I find it hard to describe. It reminds me sometimes of Nikki de Saint Phalle which is another fragrance I have a hard time getting a handle on.

At first Complice is a very, very heavy powdery floral on me with more emphasis on the aldehydes than I normally like. Aldehydes don't usually hang around that long on me, but these have real staying power. If I've been careful not to apply too much and I can wait long enough, the aldehydes fade and their powderiness gives way to the delicacy of the florals in this. That is when I start to enjoy the carnation, peach and rose and it starts to remind me of Saint Phalle.

It's several hours before I can truly love this fragrance. that's when I start to sense the Orris root (one of my favorite scents) and benzoin, then the sandalwood and musk. If only it didn't take so long to get to the good stuff. It's like the chocolate bundt cakes mixes you used to get at the super market. The cake and the frosting were awful but they had this little bit of fudge filling that was simply divine. I used to spend hours baking the whole thing but pretty much throw it all away except for that bit of filling. That was the bakery version of Complice.

The good part is so good in Complice I can't stand the thought of selling it or trading it away. It's just a tough couple of hours waiting for the drydown on this one.

Kamisha
Kamisha

Thanks from me too. This was my first 'grown up' perfume. I wish it was still made.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Complice fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Coty Complice, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Complice by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Complice by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.