Designers » C » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Ghost Myst Coty for women

Ghost Myst Coty for women
dislike

Ghost Myst, launched in 1995, is a pure and light fragrance of aquatic and floral aromas. It contains notes of berries, mandarin, peach, jasmine, magnolia, aquatic notes, sandalwood and musk.

Available in bottles of 30 and 50 ml.

Jasmine Mandarin Orange Peach Magnolia Red Berries Water Notes Sandalwood Musk

Ghost Myst Fragrance Reviews

YdeGirl
YdeGirl

My friend bought some of this for me in high school. I loved it! It smelled amazing then. I haven't smelled it in years, but seeing this bottle brought back some good memories :)

secretsweets
secretsweets

I Remember I USE to Love this perfume back in 90's it was my scent

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

I remember this when I was a young teen when it came out, I was very intrigued by the title of the perfume since it had nothing to do with flowers or feelings like many perfumes, so I had to try this out.

I was very intrigued by the scent of this fragrance since it did had a strange smell like how mist have that's watery but airy metallic body that is very familiar to me, specially since where I live, Im on the coast so sea breezes and fog is a common visitor out here and this perfume has a slight realism to that and this perfume has ingredients to make it more attractive to wear and now that I have seen the notes on this site .
It has solved the mystery to what made me like this perfume for it has magnolia in it that I was detecting a lot when i tried this but it has something else that really made it have the body of real mist which makes it all intriguing and true, now it being ghost like, I imagine it was a inspiration of a real haunting because it does have a phantasm to it with a feminine character too, it reminds me in those strange moments where you do capture a scent of person but yet there's nobody around that you can point and explain logically that's the source where it comes from...(eye's shift from side to side).

Its interesting gift if you like magnolias with a strangeness to it , I haven't seen this in the markets in this region where I live therefore Im guessing there wont be any purchasing for me but I will remember this scent for its strange title that fit the scent without being horrifying but sweetly mysterious like reading a old diary of someone you found in a new house you moved in .

SpringRain
SpringRain

I remember when I was in high school back in the 90's this was a very popular frag. I had it myself and it smelled extremely bad on my skin. Very sour and it made me nauseous. Aquatic scents tend to do that on my skin, just does not work well with my chemistry at all.

sapphiredaffodil
sapphiredaffodil

I wore this for the better part of my junior year in high school. It was very fresh and watery, and the musk and the peach stood out for me quite well. It dried down into a lovely deep jasmine, and will be one perfume that I will snatch up when I can find a bottle that isn't exorbitantly expensive.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i totally forgot about this until my mom left it at my house. i remember in middle school this was like the fragrance. this and cool water. hahah it really brings me right back to those days....unfortunately. haha. i think its a pretty bright fragrance. watery, floral, and a tad fruity. overall pretty nice and i would say appropiate for all age groups. a daytime fragrance though i dont think i would wear it to work as it might remind others of their middle school awkward years. hahaha

naomin
naomin

Randomly, I just remembered this frag. Absolutely loved it back in the day and may just seek out another bottle. What a cool, fresh, intriguing scent, just a touch of sweetness.

LaureAndTy
LaureAndTy

This perfume is yet another classic, timeless, and no pun intended, HAUNTING fragrance!! I can just close my eyes and smell this exactly as it smelled when sprayed/worn. I can't even tell you how WONDERFUL Ghost Myst is. This is definitely appropriate for all ages, light enough for a young girl, sexy enough for all of us over 21!! It won't chase your man away either :) Don't spray directly on yourself for a sexy night with your man, simply spray in your lingerie drawer and VOILA! Instant romance!!

Jumpinsticks
Jumpinsticks

I have spent a long time and a lot of money looking for a replacement for this perfume. I haven't found one. I haven't even found something remotely close. I hate that you can't find it in stores now. This perfume makes me go crazy. It's one of those scents that makes you want to grab someone and bury your face in them for hours on end just to never leave the smell... Breathtaking fragrance... It's not overpowering by any means but just... is there.

If I had to describe this perfume, I would say you mix the smells of fresh spring air with the undertone of night air and you'll get what this perfume is about. It's sexy and provocative and light fresh and airy all at the same time. An impossible combination, but it was there...

Oh snap, I forgot this existed until all of 5 seconds ago. I almost want to buy a bottle out of nostalgia. Coty you are taking me back! I got a gift set of this when I was a kid. I remember the weird tulle "dress" type thing it came in.
I remember it smelling very "clean" and airy for it's time. Soft white musk and sandalwood. Completely neutered jasmine. I grew up around women who wore Joy, Paloma Picasso and 1000.
My sister and I thought the name was hilarious.

katycolleenj
katycolleenj

Blast from the past! I remember smelling this on a friend of mine back in junior high and becoming obsessed with it! I begged my mom to get it for me, and I wore it all the time!

A few years back, I think I got a bottle just to be nostalgic. It still smelled exactly as I remembered it, but I had grown used to my more expensive scents and this took a backseat to those. Brought back some good memories though!

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

I never owned this fragrance but I remember wanting to. Every time I would go into the drug store and come across the little tester I had to stop and smell it. Unfortunately, at the time, I was a bit of a perfume snob and would only wear my expensive department store perfumes.
I remember the smell like it was yesterday. Nothing complex or heavy just a light, fresh, pretty, fruity floral that was kept in perfect balance by a magical watery bloom.
I would definately wear it today if I was just lounging around the house on the weekends or running to the store.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Smells like burnt plastic and cat wee. Scrubber. Up for free swap if anyone wants it. I got it in a bulk buy and am tempted to toss it. But one person's ugh is another person's yum... so, PM me.

nananessa
nananessa

I used to wear this back when it came out & it was sort of a fad we girls went through. When it first came out, it was such a different scent from the others by Coty. In high school, all we teen girls just HAD to have this one. It was a fresh, clean fragrance that had great staying power for me.

mizlover1
mizlover1

reminded me of a sexy fun flirty version of mr bubbles mixed with a tinge of aqua net.....yum...lol

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Recently acquired bottle of Ghost Myst via bulk buy,i first thought it was a cheap avon perfume, because of the name, however realise it was more expensive than celebrity fragrances these days?
I wouldnt describe it as beautiful however it is quite generically likeable, and suited to most age except perhaps 40+ I dont get so much of the musk and sandalwood basenotes which i love but a strong dosage of peaches, rounded in my the citrusy mandarin note and plenty of magnolia disguised under jasmine, all the while keeping it quite watery to prevent the 'old smell' i so detest! It s quite a simple sweet fragrance with plenty of sillage, that itself will make me come back to it.

I remember wearing this in the 90's and it seemed a very unusual fragrance. Still is actually. I remember it being a cool, fresh, watery floral. I didn't appreciate it at the time.

jedikitty
jedikitty

I'd like to chime in on this one. Ghost Myst was also one of my favorites way back in the mid 90s, when I received a lovely tulle wrapped bottle of GM form my daughters for Mother's Day.
At first, it was not really my fave as I found it rather strong, but it grew on me. One small spray was always enough, it had a very decent sillage, and it lasted for hours. If I spritzed Ghost Myst on in the early afternoon, and went to bed wearing it, I could still smell it in the morning, that's the lasting power of this fragrance on me.

I could not detect much of the fruity notes but a decent dose of jasmine, sandal, musk and water notes. Of course, back then, I had no idea what a "water note" was... still don't, to be honest with you. But Ghost Myst just smelled good and, to me, it had special powers as it was a gift from my children. They have grown and flown away, and so did Ghost Myst... and I do miss them all dearly.

i loved this and i loved the bottle wrapped in tulle. i cant beleive how expensive it is on e-bay. imagine, a dime store cologne from back in the day so rare a find now. this was clean, white and mysterious, then a soft floral veil. my boyfriend at the time loved this, and so did i.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

My brother gave me this one Christmas in 1995 or 1996. I remember the commercials vaguely whispering "Ghost Mysssst". What a name! I don't have it to smell and review, but my nose recalls a transparent and clean floral. Not squeaky clean like they are made today.

MoniqueH
MoniqueH

My Mom and I bought a couple gift sets of this at a pharmacy at an after Christmas sale when I was in middle school and I loved it. I really can't describe it either though lol. I think I will have to get some more soon. :)

Girly T-Rex
Girly T-Rex

Oh wow, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this perfume yet....I'm going to have to copy manda a little bit here saying that this was also my signature fragrance from the ages of 14-16. I don't really know how to describe Ghost Myst other than it doesn't smell fruity or sweet, nor does it smell like an "old lady perfume"...all I know is at the time when I wore GM I couldn't get enough of the scent. I saw a few bottles on ebay and I just might buy it again very soon :)

mandashell
mandashell

OMG! Ghost Myst how I have missed you!!! THis was my signature scent during 9th and 10th grade. Absolutely loved it!! ;'D Used to pinch pennies and save my allowance just to buy it from Meijers. LOL! It is fun, fresh and fruity without smelling cheap or overwhelming. WOuld love to buy a bottle just for the memories. One of my beloved scents from the 1990's.

obsydya
obsydya

A beautiful fresh, fruity, floral with a slight hint of musk and sandalwood. Lasts hours without being overwhelming. A lovely very feminine scent.

Ghost Myst has been one of my favourtie scents for years and I wish this was still available in stores. I absolutey LOVE it!

Ghost Myst by Coty 3.90 out of 5 based on 62 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Ghost Myst fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Coty Ghost Myst, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ghost Myst by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ghost Myst by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.