Designers » C » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Ici Coty for women

Ici Coty for women
dislike

cacao

ICI by Coty, launched in 1995, is a sharp, fruity floral, oriental fragrance with sweet, gourmand notes. It is recommended for daily and casual wear.

This feminine perfume contains a blend of citruses, exotic flowers, magnolia, mimosa, orchid, cocoa, sweet notes, amber and musk.

It is available as 30 ml EDT.

Citruses Magnolia Mimosa Orchid Cacao Sweet Notes Amber Musk

Cherry Vanilla
So New York
Escada Collection

Ici Fragrance Reviews

AshesofGlitter
AshesofGlitter

Wish it lasted longer but it is the "white chocolate" scent I've been looking for. Sweet but not too sweet, and sophisticated also in a way.

Femigirl
Femigirl

This perfume so reminds me of my first love. It ended badly but man does it bring back memories.

carolines212
carolines212

There's a little bit of cough syrup in there. But, you know, the kind you don't entirely mind taking.

secretsweets
secretsweets

I Loved this Perfume back in 90's

prrrfume1
prrrfume1

This was one of those fragrances that is nostalgic as it was my signature scent from age 16 till early 20's! In my mid-thirties I suddenly found myself craving the smell of Ici...like I needed to smell it yesterday or I wouldn't sleep. Haha...ordered it, and unlike other fragrances of my youth which I have found to have out-grown, I still LOVE it. It rivals my Hanae Mori Butterfly, and smells very nice mixed with it. One of the first oriental gourmands and one of my first loves.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I have just used up the last few spritzes of my mini and realised that many of the perfumes on my wish list are similar to ICI: how I love gourmand cocoa scents! I was complimented without fail when wearing this delightful cherry liqueur concoction and am now obsessively smelling my wrists. I am on a no buy ban but perhaps someone sweet will get me another one day? It is around 30$ for 30 ml. where I live. Shall look online to find a better deal but if not: I am surely getting this 'RED DEVILS FOOD-CAKE' Wonder. I already miss it! Fire & Ice is still one of my favorites and the comparison is apt. Coty always did thrill me.. For better ... or worste! This one smells like a thousand bucks on me ( and a million Black Forest cupcakes !)

Linzyb
Linzyb

I like this. Not a love but def a like. Smells sweet but not annoyingly so. Not cotton candy raspberry anyway (which I also like!). Very creamy, soft chocolate... vanilla? Shoved my arm under my husband's nose (as usual!) & asked if he liked it. He said, "smells like white chocolate." I completely agree with him. Maybe that's why it's a like and not a love. I like white chocolate, love regular chocolate! Anyway it does smell really nice for a cheapie! I don't think it smells anything like flowerbomb, at least on me. A few people said it reminded them of flowerbomb in their reviews. I also don't think it smells like cherry vanilla but I can kind of see a resemblance. I think I'll mix those 2 together! White chocolate covered cherries! Yum!

Update: I had to get rid of this. I still think it's nice but it has a smell that reminds me of plastic dolls? Maybe my little ponies or barbies or something? Not quite sure and it wasn't the worst but it just smelled a little plasticky to me. I wore it a few times until that smell took away from the enjoyment for me. I don't like eating plastic with my white chocolate! Jk but not a bad scent, just not for me.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I saw a very small bottle of this in walmart. I sniffed and didn't like the initial blast, but the dry down was very nice. I may go back for it!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Starts with sharp fresh citrus and floral, but after an hours its strong chocolate & musk, throw is avg but lasts at least 6 to 8 hours on me which is rare.

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

I think I still have a bottle of this somewhere. To me, it smells like college! Sweet, girly, simple.

Ayola83
Ayola83

I remember wearing this a lot in high school, and remember a lot of my female classmates wearing it too, especially in the fall. It's interesting that when I read about the notes that made up this fragrance, vanilla isn't present, it's so sweet that I assumed it was there (and realize now that it was the cacao). I recall that in the drydown I ended up with serious cookie and ice cream cravings (and frequently gave in to them). I don't recall the citrus notes much but the floral notes were floating around the amber and musk. But it lasts long and well, especially with layering. In my case, it lasted 4 hours on my skin before I would reapply it again. All in all, a good scent.

brandiwine1980

Oh and I forgot about the cherry note. Can't forget the cherry on top and now I wanna try that cherry perfume that some find similar.

brandiwine1980

I found Ici thanks to the reviews on here. As far as I knew I hadn't smelled it, but was excited to try it after reading about the notes and all the positive reviews on here. To my delight I found a small bottle at Kmart for $5. It was love at first spray. This perfume does smell familiar and comforting, maybe I smelled it in highschool or maybe because of similarities to Flowerbomb. I don't know, but I love it just wished it lasted longer. It only lasts a little over an hour on me. It's a perfect fall or winter scent. I pick up a little orange along with a little flowers, but mostly choc, vanilla, amber and musk. Yum. Would love to find a long lasting, but not too expensive dupe....In the mean time I'll have fun layering this happy scent.

kate.gibson.106
kate.gibson.106

I loved this scent on my mother, but when I wear it all I smell is bug spray :P

ImpishLisa
ImpishLisa

This is a scent that changes on different people. I smelled it back in the 90's on someone and got it for myself. We sniffed each other and agreed it was very different on each of us. I vote high on the cocoa scent, not milk chocolate, but the good powdered stuff, the bitterish type of chocolate. The musky sweetness makes you keep sniffing. I loved it. I'd like another bottle.

Soie
Soie

I still have the half full bottle of this which I bought around the year 2000 when I first developed a real interest in perfumery. Someone on another message board mentioned it as being a really great gourmand scent along the lines of Thierry Mugler "Angel".

TMN, the candy sweet note is the only perceptibly foodie one in the fragrance. There is fresh citrus evident, but the predominant notes are amber, orchid & musk; the chocolate in this is not creamy or mouth-watering -- it is unsweetened dry cocoa. There is also a hint of spice...Jamaican allspice / "pimento" berry blended in with the "chocolate".

Though the drydown is deliciously sweet and chocolate-y -- it smells a lot like Hersey's Kisses, actually -- the overall fragrance is still more sophisticated than it is gourmand, I'd say.

Essentially this is an ambery floral with a musky swirl of spiced, powdered cocoa floating throughout. It is very nice scent, IMO, once the strong note of amber has died down some.

Me8
Me8

I wore this in High School. My favorite as my friends were wearing The Body Shop perfumes such as Fuzzy Peach and I was wearing this sexy gourmand. Just wish it came in edp and had staying power.

Bli*tinki
Bli*tinki

Whata wonderful blast from the past! Please Coty put ici back on the market, and please don't change the formula. Why mess with a great classic.

Do you know the women in my family as well as myself literally went through "BOTTLES" of Coty's ici back in the 90's. This is one sweetness that has a certain class and gorgeousness about it. It's not a tootie fruity frag at all.

With all the sugar tooth frags out there, this one still smells clicky, modern, and from what I see from my fragranticians pretty much proves it.

ici is Love n a Bottle!

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

My Husband passed an older woman in Vegas, turned around & told her how nice she smelled & asked what she was wearing. She said "Ici", I thought (was hoping) she said "Issey" as in Mayake. Nope. So I picked up a botle at the drugstore, I figure that you wear perfume to be attractive so you might as well (occasionaly) wear what he likes. It's VERY SWEET!! Not in a Pink Sugar way (cotton candy), more like an old candy store. Chocolates, fruity, a tiny bit of floral. It's okay, but I usually like more floral & musk than candy.

I Love Love Love this perfume <3
I think i just squirted on my last squirt from my bottle but i plan on buying more tomorrow :)
This was my first real perfume that i actually went into the drug store and bought because I liked it.
I think I started using this in 1996 perhaps.
I remember that i was in my late teens and I would see the Commercial for ICI and the lady would spray it on where she wanted to be kissed :) I thought..ooohhh..I have to try this.
I always loved the bottle too :)
I would always receive powdery or musky scents for Christmas and Birthdays but it was only until i tried ICI did i realize how much i loved to smell sweet and Gourmand :)
Soooooo many great memories go along with this perfume....I'll never tire of it.
I'm soooo disappointed that Coty discontinued it but fortunately i can still find it in my area being sold in the stores.
Please bring it back!!

casimone
casimone

Very picky with the perfumes that "I love". I like a ton, love a few. Ici I love, I would pay much more for this bottle of sweetness.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Never heard of this one before, spritzed it on while doing my weekly shopping at Wallymart. It's a nice warm scent, kinda chocolate mixed with a tiny dab of white flowers and a splash of vanilla. Would be very fitting for fall/winter. Not very long lasting on me, but then my skin eats perfume.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Your basic Angel knock-off with a mighty blast of cherry liquour. I wore this to church a couple of times in the '90's, two women I knew gushed about the scent of it on me and after I told them what it was they ran out and bought it, so I didn't wear it after that. I like to smell unique, but I don't ever not tell people what I am wearing if they ask because I would hate it if someone did that to me! This is quite heavy on a cocoa note. Very comforting and cozy. Don't over spray! This also has a lot of synthetics in it & obviously not very many "quality" pure oils, but it still smells good. Synthetic perfumes in particular should never be rubbed together after you spritz your wrists!!! This is a no-no folks. It basically "damages" the molecular structure of the scent and won't allow all of the stages to occur since you are heating up the skin it touches by causing friction and changing the scent right off the bat by causing it to evaporate more quickly...and part of the delight of scent is to experience the top, middle & base notes "dance" while you are wearing it.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

I Love this scent. To me, it has always smelled like soft sweet cherry and white chocolate. I get a ton of compliments on this scent. Soft, sweet and warm.

Hayven
Hayven

I don't have anything perfume-wise to compare this to...but it is "so 90s". It reminds me of girly toys, Barbies and scented dolls. The bottle looks like something from the Pretty Pretty Princess game I played as a child. It's a fun, sweet, cutie of a perfume.

I imagine it was the Juicy Coutre of the 90s.

Mushana
Mushana

....aaaa youth! 1996 this reminds, Coty has some hidden treaures and this is one of them!

dmaw

Rediscovered this recently and am enjoying it, as it was too "sophisticated" for me years ago.

Aspendina
Aspendina

I had this a loooong time ago and hated it. Everyone on here loves it and says it smells sweet and looking at the notes I thought I would try it again. Tried it at walmart and its still awful, it has a little bit of a peppery note and it slightly sweet but smells nasty.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

I really love this perfume! I decided to buy it blind at walmart and right when I got in my car I sprayed it. OH MY! To my surprise its actually a very lovely perfume! Not strong or cloying at all but flowery and yes very sweet..it stays close to the skin!

I just wish this wasnt in such an ugly tacky looking bottle... like my GOD could they make it look any more childish???? I really really wish coty would package it better especially since it costs nearly 30 dollars for just 1 oz at most stores : /

contactzoe
contactzoe

I don't have a good nose, so my review may not be helpful. But I am pretty discerning and enjoy a very small handful of perfumes. I picked up Ici today for $10 at WalMart after browsing $120 bottles at the department store and leaving empty handed. Ici is sweet but sexy and comfortable. It does not smell childish, and I think that is because of some amber, but again, I am not a nose! It smells similar to some very expensive brands, but without the price tag. Warm, sweet, and ever pulling you in closer and closer for another hint of it's delicious aroma. LOVE this one!

LaniC
LaniC

I found a .33 ounce bottle of this lovely fragrance on clearance for $0.75 tonight at Wallyworld. Even though it was ridiculously low priced, it sure doesn't smell cheap. In fact, it's luxuriously cozy, with just the right balance of sweetness and citrus-kissed floral muskiness.

SandraV
SandraV

I need to smell this one again:it was my signature scent when it first came out.I was so into it back in the day-one of the first gourmand scents I had ever worn.I used to get tons of compliments from guys on this one.I stopped wearing it as my tastes changed but it would be cool to check it out for memories sake:)

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

How could anyone create a gourmand fragrance that is smart and elegant as oppose to being playful???
I have never experienced anything like this; to be able to smell gourmand but at the same time, classy and mature!
Ici strongly reminds me of Flowerbomb - so I fully agree with Teebird comment on the bottom, to me Ici is a Flowerbomb little sister.
Ici is very tasty, the sweet notes and cocoa makes it a perfect winter warmer, the fragrance is snuggly and cuddly, so to speak.
I cannot detect magnolia but I do detect orchid and the perfectly combined base which is all about creamy amber and sensual musk.
I was also ever so mesmerized to discover how long lasting it was - it literally lasts and lasts on my skin and with only one reapplication at mid day today, I can still sense the fragrance entwining my body nicely.
Silage is also better than I anticipated - I received two compliments in morning and afternoon from men in executive positions at my workplace.
Ici is a gem; it is unknown in my working environment and my circle of friends and I shall keep it that way.
I shall keep it a secret.
Just to mention that Ici clings nicely to my clothes as well.
Looks like I discovered a perfect winter juice.
Ici simply is a must have for gourmand lovers.

miZZpuRRfect

a lil' gem named ICI... this is a perfect chocolaty-ambery scent which one lingers subtle and intoxigating on your skin for hours without being overpowering or sickening in any way... also i confirm, it smells more expensive than it is, the quality is incredible! such a nice blend, which does a clear statement: warm, sweet and sexyyyyy.
i do really love it and it's a shame it is than hard to find in bigger amounth. i would love to have a bigger bottle of this !

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I picked this up for $3 in Walmart tonight. I remember the advertising for this when I was a girl. There are a few nice things a out this fragrance. The first is that it smells expensive. It does. When it is first sprayed I smell menthol and honestly I think its always there under the sweet notes. It is a "c" perfume to me. I don't think its that amazing. But it isn't bad and it has a peaceful vibration like a wind after rain. It makes me feel calm like the night air paused. The nose for this is an excellent perfumed which is why I made a note to get this if I ever saw it cheap. I don't hate this. I don't love this but I will wear it at night especially when there is wind or rain. See...I'm kinda confused now be because I just caught a whiff of this on my ARM and I swear it was like bliss. Just a deep beautiful smell. I do like it. But, I'm not sure exactly what to make of this. It's pretty lovely.

Aredore
Aredore

There was a time when I was in love with sweetie gourmands.

I was Christmas shopping with my father in a now defunct department store picking up last-minute gifts. The Coty display was right at eye level and piled high with their newest release. My hands were drawn magnetically to the bejeweled pink bottle and I immediately began playing with the cap and spraying passers-by. My father leaned over and asked "Do you want to get that for Mommy?"

"Yeah!" I said. I was eight years old.

Needless to say my chanel-wearing mother hated it and it wound up in my wardrobe. I never really wore it either. It's a sweet, coco-tinged fruity floral that smells a little like tootsie rolls - a sterilized, lobotomized Angel. There are hundreds of fragrances like it - but they cost 80 dollars each. Ici is 20 dollars in the drugstore and predated those others by ten years. If you like candy-gourmands, buy this one.

Lushylori

I totally love this Perfume.
Its nice and cheap too :)
Lots of great memories that goes along with this smell :)

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

Love love love this scent. It smells sweet and stays with you for a long time . Whenever I wear this scent I always get asked w2hat I'm wearing.

ujhb
ujhb

It does smell a little cheap... like what you would get at a pharmacy, you can tell this isn't some huge brand by the scent; hence, why I had it this when I was in high school, it's all you can afford. It's super sweet like caramel candies, tons of sugar.. that's what I went for as a kid.

dmaw

Just enough spice to tone down the sweet.

greengrl
greengrl

This is way too sweet for my liking. It's like 7 sugars in your coffee when you usually take 2. I don't completely dislike it, I did have a girl compliment me on it. If you are a fan of sweet perfumes this is for you. It did have some great sillage to it.

krissycat
krissycat

I am a gourmand lover when it comes to perfumes. Ici was my first gourmand, before I knew much about perfumes and even looked at notes in a perfume. This is delicious in a bottle, infact I think this should be classified as a sophisticated gourmand, because a lot of gourmands out there you would never wear out to work lets say, cause it's way to cottoncandiesh and lollipops. This scent is elegant with a gourmand feel but you can wear it pretty much anywhere, any time. I have such a small bottle but I've been saving and using sparingly many years.. and I've had this perfume at least 20 years and it still smells perfect as if I bought it today.. so it doesn't go bad quickly. A must have for gourmand lovers.

melbritt24
melbritt24

I am fortunate to have an aunt who worked at the local Coty outlet store in my hometown! She presented my sister and I each with a bottle of ici for Christmas one year when we were teenagers. This fragrance is sweet but sharp. It reminds me of the carefree days of my teens. I like it...but can't say that I would wear it now as an adult. My tastes have grown up quite a bit.

twillocks
twillocks

It is so interesting how each person smells things differently. Like how people see colors or not. I did not think this was sweet. I liked it for a inexpensive perfume.

miZZpuRRfect

what a cute little gem you made me discover dear fragranticas! i'm wondering what the sweet notes are! the first burst is delicious, not sticky sweet, it's airy and soft but very intense, by drying down the sweets are still there, layered on a incredible sexy warm base - indeed intoxicating. it's a very unusual scent and it's modern and playful, i wouldn t call it girly, it's sexy and tempting for any age. it last quite long as well and sillage is just great! what a pitty it's hard to find in 30ml bottle for a reasonable price :(

Woodelf
Woodelf

On first spray, I get the most wonderful whiff of cherries with what can only be described as a hint of pomegranate. Since there is no actual cherry or pomegranate essence in this fragrance, I can only assume that this is an accord formed by the melange of the citrus and sweet notes.

As Ici dries down, the cacao and florals temper the sweetness with a seductive note that makes me want to draw my wrists to my nose again and again. Ici makes me happy! The only thing that prevents me from loving Ici is that it is too soft, the base notes are far too subtle and it just doesn't last long enough to suit me. Sillage is pale and overall it lasts just a few hours on my skin (which may be fine for some).

Ici, you are a beautiful temptress that teases me!

cloibne
cloibne

I have a very strong sense of smell, according to most outside observers so, maybe that's why I'm a sucker for delicate scents.Ici does last as long as I wear it without bathing- if I fall asleep in it, I smell it the next morning, but always in little whifs.

This perfume is even less noticeable to me than Loves Baby Soft Body Spray, the Rainforest version of which I love.
I also love real unsweetened hand made dried cherries so I love Ici.
I agree with other users, however, that it is young and borderline gourmande,as categorised.If your young lady likes your stronger orientals/gourmandes like Tabu, Angel or Shalimar, start her on this perfume.
What some call a musky dry down smells musty on me but it's so slight as not to be bothersome, and I can still smell the fresh sharpness overtop.

I love the sharp-sweet smell mixed with the spicy-fresh,ever so slightly aquatic scent.

I usually wear perfume on clothing because my body really makes smells strong,bringing out a powdery smell in them but, I'd wear Ici on the skin,it's pretty understated on me and surprisingly understated in the fruitiness, which is rare for "fruities" on me.The spiciness of Ici and my natural buttery scent are what I smell with an undercurrent of floral and then a kiss of bitter cherry.

Wear it over cucumber or mint soap/body lotion to sparkle it up, I'd be interested to try it with a bergamot or verbena soap but on me, it'd probably become flowery/powdery.
This is a nice everyday bright perfume,for early summer/early fall when the air is temperate,warm.

It's hint of oriental may smell stronger in heat or different chemistry ;)

To me this perfume smells like my swimming practice shirt from childhood, infused with the aroma of my cherry lipsmacker from where my shirt had been nestled inside my duffle and the wafting chlorine that, like salt air, can leave whispers of it's aroma in clothing... I'd walk home through Mom's garden after the rain let up and I'd smell the releasing of the dahlias' flower stalks and tomatoes' stems, those rough spicy dark green smells drowned in the smell of rain water.I smell all of that experience in this perfume.

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

Well , I ordered a small bottle this weekend SO chocolate covered cherries ..........here I come again. Havent smelled in so long. Cant wait to see what my nose will say. I hope I still interpret it as that cherry , chocolate but vanilla hodgepodge.

peeachediva

Hi! I remember smelling ICI a long time ago... many years. To this day, I still kick myself for not getting it. YES! I remember that as someone else mentioned, that it DID smell a little like Apres L'Onde, which is now harder and hearder to find in ANY form, unless you buy a small amount from the Perfumed Court.

C'EST LA VIE ALSO smells somewhat like
Apres L'Onde. I mention these two here because Apres is one of my most absolute favorite scents. And yes, as a fellow perfume lover on this site mentioned. It DOES remind one of the smell of the wind.

After reading some of the reviews on Fragrantica and the fact that a person mentioned the comparison to 'Apres L'Ondee, I HAD TO HAVE it. So, I went to EBAY and bought some.

Regarding ICI, Apres L'Ondee, and several other of the scents... the CLASSIC scents that many of us just LOVE, I have been emailing a couple of the designer oil making companies.

Hayward enterprises and LLC THe Common Scents are two AWEsome places that make good strong oils. Common Scents ( which I think also goes under Pure Body Oils for the purpose of having a couple of presences on EBAY) have been the best to date for me.

If these places hear from enough of us, they told me they would see about carryiing certain oils that we request.

I still have some of the 'real' scents, and I've purchased various oils from THe COMMON SCENTS TO COMPARE. These include , Tentations, C'est La Vie, Chocolovers ( by Aquilina), Joy, L'Aire du Temps, Ultraviolet, and several others. Common Scents has it Locked in on the real scent. They provide good strength, too. Long staying, to the tee ( at least for me) not drying down into something weired that would scream out ' Not the real Scent'.. Lots of bang for the buck.

I'm bugging them right now about carrying Maja, Nahema, Apres L'Ondee, and several others of our beloved scents.
I made sure to request to them to see about getting the OLD version of Maja.

SO, regarding ICI, I am excited to FINALLY be getting it ... still hard to get, still a little high priced, even on EBAY. But I decided to get myself this beauty on EBAY. I'll let ya'll know what I think of it and if it is as I remember it.

Until then, I'm going to go smell some of my other ones.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I don't care for this. I can see how it's kinda sorta compared to Flowerbomb but that isn't what was familiar. I knew I'd smelled this before! As SOON as I read cherry pipe tobacco I knew. Joop has a cologne for men and I did a review on it! This is the exact same scent only on a MUCH less offensive scale. This is only about 1/10th the strength of Joop. I could almost like this if I'd never tested the Joop cologne but it pretty much wreaked this scent for me. I don't think I'll ever be able to use this one because of that terrible strong cherry pipe tobacco scent. I've never liked pipe tobacco. If you do, then this just might be a LOVE for you!

peeachediva

AHHHH, I remember testing ICI in a store and I STILL kick myself for not having purchased it. I was amazed when I found it because I don't usually go for the sweeter perfumes, but like at least a touch of the floral.. I'm more of a floral / oriental person.
Well, when I smelled it, I was really amazed. It was sweet, but almost like a sweet WIND , if you can imagine that.

Apres L'Onde, by Guerlain is the closed scent that I could think of, but Apres is much lighter and has the cedar. Apres L'Onde means 'after the rain' so it has that sweet wind smell I describe.
ICI, is I would say more grounded/ solid. I'm hoping to get it at a good price sometime soon.

Natalie467
Natalie467

One of my favorites, I got Ici when it first came out and have kept a few bottles in my possession ever since. Never realized there are chocolate/cocoa notes, I just loved it for the heady combination of sweetness, florals and musk. It smelled different from anything I smelled before, I could just spray it on and revel in it, which I did. Back then I wore it all the time, at work and going out, everywhere. Got lots of compliments on it from men and women. I burned myself out on the stuff, nowadays I wear it only once in a great while.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

What a cute little sweetie! There is something sour on the first spray, citrus-y, but not a blast of lemon...more like a sour cherry, mixed with some sweet florals. There is a sort of "musky marshmallow" smell in the background that I get in a lot of inexpensive celebrity perfumes (Hello Mariah Carey!), but it's not very pronounced. About an hour into it, there was a smooth, buttery toffee with a dusting of cocoa powder that ran under the sour and the flowers. It is quite artificial-smelling, but not unpleasant at all. I don't know if I'll be wearing this all the time, but I won't shy away from it.

guest_debob
guest_debob

I just discovered this Coty fragrance at Walmart, and I am totaly shocked at how good it smells. It's very spicy and sugary sweet. There is a strong vanilla smell although I don't see vanilla in the mixings. If you enjoy sweet scents like BS and PH you will love this. The bottle is too small though. I think I will keep this in my stockpile.

Kiku
Kiku

A very sweet(too sweet) and simple scent. It smells like a mixture of cherries and vanilla. It did have one of the great advertising slogans of all time: "Put it where you want to be kissed".

jedikitty
jedikitty

I wore Ici briefly in my early 30s. It was a nice but a tad strong, sugary sweet smelling fragrance with 3 to 4 hour lasting power. I found it a bit too sugary for me.

Jayhotaru
Jayhotaru

Ici was a purchase made on a day where I woke up and knew I just needed to buy perfume. I'm a Chanel wearing lover of class, but for no reason I can understand, something about a plastic crystal shaped cap makes me want to buy a perfume. Must be the same part of me that dressed as a fairy princess for Halloween year after year.

Anyway this was a cheap walmart buy that i really enjoy. Its a very simple sweet scent that smells the way easter chocolates taste. Not gourmet chocolates but the sugar chocolates that come in colorful foil wrappers. There is also a hint of a sweet fruit in there, kind of an orange without the citrus bite.

I do get tired of this scent after a few hours and crave something a bit more unique, or perhaps just less sweet.
Good lasting power, would make a nice gift or first perfume.

Coty does really well with sweet vanillas but they have been around long enough that I feel like I've smelled them all.

c3c
c3c

I found Ici by chance on sale at a local store and, could I pass it up? Oh heck no. I remembered seeing it recently here and couldn't resist. Ici is not 80's at all. It starts out a sweet floral with the softest trace of cocoa bean. Much like a pod of cocoa beans when you first open it, not cocoa powder. It then goes through an odd phase I wasn't completely sure about, but quickly settles into something reminiscent of white chocolate and fresh cocoa beans. Nice!

I should add for those not familiar with fresh cocoa beans since I mention them, that they have a juicy, almost lychee textured fleshy edible coating around the bean. The flavor and scent are lightly fruity, very slightly sweet, watery and refreshing. Not super sweet (such as a lychee) or tart. Very good actually. If you get a chance to try one you should check it out!

My mother has fallen in love with this perfume.It starts with a burst of citrus then fades into a nice cocoa, musky smell. Rich.My mother smells wonderful.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

When Flowerbomb was introduced I instantly thought of Ici because the magazine strip smelled exactly like Ici. They are not the same exactly, but Ici came out first and for 1995 there were not many gourmand perfumes around. Coty hit the mark with this one. It's not expensive... but I have a bottle of the edt from years ago and it smells incredible. I love it during the Autumn because of the cocoa and amber. Ici was WAY ahead of it's time.

seventh
seventh

I remember for the comercial made for Ici (or here in french when translated)... It sais 'put it where you want to be kissed...I never tryed it but I want to if I can find it.

rinkybabycmh
rinkybabycmh

my mum loves this perfume!! she has worn it forever, every time I smell it I think of her. I've tried wearing it a few times and I do like it, but it smells better on her. Its a soft scent with a bit of to me smells to me like a sharp note.

Girly T-Rex
Girly T-Rex

Oh man, this is going be a long review....sorry if I bore you all with it. Ici has been with me for over 10 years now (since the age of 17 back in 1999) it is my favorite perfume of all time, my security blanket, and I would dare even say my legal drug of choice (haha) since it makes me feel so darn happy and puts me in a dreamlike state.

I have so many memories linked with Ici. From early on when I was a teenage girl going joyriding with my friends on the avenue looking for "cute guys", to having my sad days crying in my bedroom. There's so much more but I will try to keep this review from being TOO long.

Now for the actual scent: Ici smells extremely sweet and citrusy without it being sickenly sweet (if that makes any sense). It reminds me of a chocolate covered orange with a hint of flowers in the background. I also detect grapefruit though it's not listed as one of the notes. It's a beautiful scent and I encourage everyone who hasn't smelled it to go out and at least try it once. Ici still stands the test of time even today. To me it is a masterpiece.

HOPE007
HOPE007

Love love love this one - you cannot go wrong with it. I am glad it was finally added to the database. There is a sweet yet bitterness to it. I have also heard of it being compared by others to flowerbomb. I have worn this off and on since I was a teenager when it came out in 1995, so it brings back memories. Quite a sophisticated scent overall with many interesting notes.

Teebird
Teebird

Was happpy to see this one was finally added to the database--one of my favorites(but getting very difficult to find now). I don't get the chocolate note--when I smell it it's reminiscent of my father's cherry pipe tobacco. Better than it sounds, believe me.
This is a softer, better version of FlowerBomb to my nose.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

When ure on a budget and u want a great gourmand thats the one.nice chocolate note.

Ici by Coty 4.02 out of 5 based on 201 ratings and 66 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Ici fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Coty Ici, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ici by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ici by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.