Designers » C » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

L'Aimant Coty for women
dislike

aldehydic
L'Aimant Coty for women Videos
L'Aimant Coty for women Pictures L'Aimant Coty for women Pictures L'Aimant Coty for women Pictures

L'Aimant is the first fragrance from Francois Coty, launched in 1927. L'Aimant means "magnet" in French. The composition is elegant, sophisticated and classic combination of flowers.

Top notes: bergamot, neroli, peach, and aldehydes. Heart: geranium, rose, orchid, jasmine and ylang-ylang. Base: vetiver, musk, vanilla, sandalwood, tonka bean and cedar.

The nose behind this fragrance is Vincent Roubert.

Neroli Bergamot Peach Aldehydes

Arpege

L'Aimant Fragrance Reviews

Moonflower2012
Moonflower2012

I wore this a lot as a teenager, in the 1970's. I was given a bottle of Chanel no.5 and thought 'this reminds me of L'Aimant', which is not too surprising, as it is rumoured that the original L'Aimant was created as a cheap and cheeky tribute to Chanel No.5! I felt a little bit cheated, wearing an expensive perfume that reminded me so much of a budget fragrance.

So, I tested L'Aimant, thinking I could use it to substitute when the Chanel runs out. But it's not the same as it was when I was 17. Many perfumes have been reformulated since then, mostly substituting synthetics for ingredients that are either unavailable or not allowed - probably sandalwood and oak moss, in this case. So I'm not disappointed any more. Chanel will have had the same problems with needing to reformulate, but they seem to have done it differently and now they are no longer as alike as they once were.

I'd so love to go back to the 70's and find a bottle of L'Aimant as I remember it. It really was a beautiful perfume.

emt1986
emt1986

I've had L'Aimant in my collection for a while now and have only recently begun to appreciate it. At first it seemed a bit nondescript (perhaps it needed a bit warmer weather to really shine), but actually it's a beautiful soft, sweet, powdery rose. To me it reads even more "vintage cosmetics" than L'Origan. Like L'Origan, it stays close to the body but lasts all day. I love it for work, but I think it would be nice dressed up as well. If you find it for a decent price, do snap it up.

anessa
anessa

'Surely it can't be that bad,' I told myself, reading the warning words of reviewers about the PDT being a 'harsh' reformulation of the classic vintage. I do like quite a lot of the vintage floral aldehydes, and while only an EDC formulation, also CHANEL No.5.

Some reviewers called this 'throat-catching soap', and I'm afraid I have to agree the same happens on my skin. The first moments I can sense something beautiful, an idea of what it could have been - and then, aldehydes take over; soap is fine, but in combination of thick sweetness and musk, it turns into unbearably acrid soap.
When it settles down after about 8-10 minutes, I do get the idea of a 'more modern version' of what must've been a beauty - with the stress on 'modern', linked with a certain type - like a very young person trying hard to do 'her version' of a floral aldehyde. While the overall effect does surely have its charm (like the energetic, sometimes capricious optimism of the youth), it obviously can't be mistaken for the elegance which requires a more matured composure (which btw I will not restrict to any certain age group, but speaking of characteristics).

I might have worn this in my early tweens, while I was yearning for something 'classy', but now that I have outgrown that phase, I personally feel I just missed the opportunity, lacking the fizzy energy for this.
I can imagine well that this will be enjoyed and smell beautiful on those whom it suits - was not just meant to be for me.

Longevity: About 3 hours on me, skin-close.

FionaNewZealand
FionaNewZealand

So pretty and soft and a definite less expensive cousin of Chanel No. 5. I bought my bottle from Chemist Warehouse in Australia and am so glad I invested the tiny amount it cost ($12 or something like that). L'Aimant has a beautiful powdery floral quality but it smells modern and at the same time classic. Not fusty. It has a touch of baby products (not baby powder) which I love. Lasting power is reasonable.

Mr Viking
Mr Viking

Beautifull creamy, floral aldehyde, with a musky drydown.
I think that Chanel no 5 has a more beautifull drydown compared to L´Aimant.
I think that L´aimant stays the same in the drydown no matter how beautifull it is. It may seem a bit too much.

Wathgwen
Wathgwen

Given its history and pedigree I really want to love this one, but I can't make a decision about it. I've got the Creamy Skin Perfume, Talc, and PdT, and all of them smell different. All of them are the modern formulation.

It's just soap. Acrid, powdery, soap. No fruit, no identifiable florals. Hours later it doesn't warm up and doesn't change. It's just throat-catching soap all the way.

Edit: I wrote this a while ago, and my idea of it has changed. With practice, the peach and florals do come out. It is still mostly aldehydic and quite powdery-woody, but not quite so bad as I made it sound a few months ago.

HezFairy
HezFairy

VINTAGE l'aimant - warm, sweet, pink roses, summer flowers wafting on an evening breeze, pink swansdown, deliciously feminine, and dangerously innocent! Who could resist? This was the scent everyone reached for when they didn't know what to choose for an important date/occasion. It was always appropriate.

As classic and inoffensive as the proverbial "little black dress" - this beautiful fragrance was perfect for all ages, all occasions, and guaranteed to be gratefully received with a smile. I never knew anyone who disliked it! And I never caught any soapiness about it.

This is the younger, though grown-up sister of No5, unpretentious, unsophisticated and gentle on the nose and on the skin. An all time favourite and loved by all the family (mine anyway) from teenyboppers to grans.

THE NEW VERSION

I bought the creamy skin perfume, and waited with great anticipation for this "long-lost" old friend to arrive. It arrived today, looking quite familiar in its deep pink and gold box, enclosing a glossy black bottle. The wavy-edged lid was a little sharp and unfriendly to unscrew.

The first thing I noticed was that the cream had no hint of the delicate pink I was expecting (the original was creamy powder pink). This cream was just white.

I began to breathe in slowly, to enjoy the fragrance I know and love so well.... but what's this? Ugh! Gasp! This is NOT L'aimant - not in any sense of the word. This is a horrible imposter, emphasis on horrible.

grayspoole
grayspoole

The great Coty vintage L'Aimant (1927) (The Magnet) was sold with the tagline "The most attractive perfume in the world." Well, your mileage may vary.

My very vintage and well preserved bottle of L'Aimant dates from the mid 20th century. L'Aimant is slightly warmer and fruitier to my nose than my equally vintage No.5 parfum, but it never comes close to the peachy fleshiness of vintage Femme. It's balanced and absolutely beautiful.

My package containing L'Aimant arrived at the end of a family dinner, and I eagerly opened it and passed it around at the table. My immediate family--my dear, practically anosmic but always 100% supportive husband, my teenage daughter who dislikes wearing any perfume at all, and my little perfumista tween who can identify bergamot at twenty paces--are all entertained by my vintage perfume hobby. They congratulated me on my latest acquisition. Let us just say that the rest of the table was immune to the magnetic "attraction" of L'Aimant. My parents view all perfume with deep suspicion. My father mutters darkly in Italian about men who wear cologne; my mother sees perfume as self-indulgent. My parents sniffed the bottle of L'Aimant with the attitudes of people confronting radioactive waste. My lovely SIL, who favors the lightest application of the most evanescent Jo Malone scents, wrinkled her nose but gamely ventured to say L'Aimant was..."Interesting!" My brother, who wears no perfume or cologne, announced the most damning verdict of all... "This is not just an O.ld L.ady perfume, this is a Perfume for O.ld L.adies at FUNERALS!"

I shrug off these comments, because I wear perfume to please myself, but I do wonder...how does a hugely popular scent that was enjoyed for decades as a "magnet" become so distasteful and re-coded with the opposite meaning? There seems to be more going on here than the dislike of a perfume that smells dated or the fear of o.ld l.ady scents. Lately, it seems acceptable to reject any perfume that unapologetically smells like a PERFUME--the very idea of perfume itself. L'Aimant is a perfume.

Nippi
Nippi

I fell in love with Chanel No. 5 at the Macy's counter, but I never really had the money to buy it. I bought a tiny bottle of White Diamonds upon discovering it was similar to No. 5, (at least the top notes, anyway). The intial blast of flowers and aldehydes are lovely, but the dry down smells like a strong combination of animalic musk and cinnamon, which sits very unwell on my skin and isn't pleasant. I recently had got a new job over the holidays for a short time, and on top of that, birthday and Christmas money, I wanted to finally save and invest in the 6 oz. bottle of Chanel No. 5, (which retails for $210!!!) The job didn't work out, so I didn't end up making a lot. I came to terms with the fact that I wasn't going to be able to afford it, so I began looking for something different. I've read countless reviews here and elsewhere how similar L'aimant is to No. 5. I've read that women on a budget in the late 20s and 30s would quietly ask at the perfume counters for the "No. 5 copy." Unfortunately L'aimant isn't sold in US stores by Coty anymore, but thankfully it is still sold and popular in the UK. I finally broke down and bought the 50 ml parfum de toillete, and waited very impatiently for it to arrive. It arrived in a very nice red and gold box. The perfume is encased in a beautifully designed glass flacon, with gold letters and a gold sprayer. Just the packaging and bottle look so high end, you wouldn't believe I only spent around $20 on it. When I sprayed it, I could not believe how similar it was to No. 5. Even though it's notes are a bit different than No. 5, it's all there: The aldehdes, neroli, and citrus. It's so far dried down to a lovely powdery floral smell. I always would say in my head, "one day I'll just break down and buy a bottle of No. 5" but now I don't think I will! I would rather invest more into the L'aimant line! Why spend so much money when this perfume is just as equally as luxurious and lovely as No. 5? I have no idea why Coty doesn't still sell this in the US! I must admit I'm a bit jealous of our friends across the pond, who only pay around £7 ($10 USD) for the same bottle. I recommend this to ANYONE looking for a good alternative to No. 5!!!

Titibug
Titibug

As lovely (and cheap) to me as Chanel No. 5 is lovely (and horribly expensive). After I have hacked my way through the first moments of alcoholic fumes, L'Aimant becomes a gorgeous scent. I have the pdt and it's so gorgeous that I want to smell different formulations of L'Aimant to find out if any of them could possibly be nicer.

This smells rich, but not complicated. It's like a happy but quite formal dance of beautiful things - aldehydes, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, vanilla, powder, sandalwood and musk, all in step in a circular pavane, and gradually merging into a creamy vanilla sandalwood drydown: this is when the music stops and everyone sits down, but it's still nice. (I wish the music did not stop quite so soon.)

If there weren't ten thousand other fabulous fragrances to love, this could be a contender for my favourite. I can imagine versions of L'Aimant - this combination of these evocations of lovely things - which could be an improvement on this one. But I do love this and admire the concept of L'Aimant and whatever manufacturing process resulted in this little bottle of pdt.

Jac401
Jac401

I was just having an experimental session, and over the last few days have been trying layering over Raghba Classic. I was thinking that I'd run out of mixes, but then remembered that I had a L'Aimant-something. Turned out to be body spray, but what the heck. A good dose of Raghba and a squirt of L'Aimant on top.....whoa! that has a kick. After about 10 minutes it calmed down and smelled of deep flowers for about 30 minutes, then something dark and dangerous starts to edge in. At the moment it is totally killer, fantastic smell! I wonder how good it could be if I used the EDP? I wonder how good the EDP would be on it's own?

Oh, how I love finding new/old perfumes.

HennaQueen
HennaQueen

I really wanted to love this perfume. I love everything about it's history and the lore of Francois Coty's younger days.

I have a bottle of pure parfum from the 1960's. From the start until about 5 hours later, it does not suit my chemistry. At all. Yes, the aldehydes are there. My skin loves aldehydes. Chanel No. 22 and White Linen are pretty up there in aldehyde altitude and those smell fantastic on me. The jasmine, the ylang-ylang, the rose, all there, swirling around with the aldehydes. But that is just it; they swirl into a muddy mess on my skin. There is no dance, no magic. It is not offensive, but it is not good on me. How disappointing.

Now it is time to find my 7 ml parfum (about 90% full) a new home where she can be relished like the icon she is. If anyone is interested. drop me a line at [email protected] Otherwise, it's off to the seller's block on ebay.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

This was my mums signature scent for around 10 years. First perfume she ever bought for herself with her own money. It's incredibly comforting when i smell it because it's like the essence of her captured in a bottle. Powdery, delicate aldehydes with white florals and warm musk.
Since moving away from home I've a small 15ml that I keep at the back of my wardrobe, so that when I miss her I spray it in my hair or on my pillows.

And fyi.... using 'old lady' as a negative connotation to describe a fragrance is very rude and demeaning. Old ladies are people and have feelings. Just simply say that the scent is too mature smelling for you.

Betandi
Betandi

First of all: I like this scent. Second: I don't really like this scent. I have it since a while. A vintage splash bottle. At the first sniff it is truely Chanel No 5 like. But now that I've got a vintage Chanel the difference is painfully massive on my skin.

L'Aimant has got the same kind of nice aldehides but less sparkling, fewer number of flowers. The longevity is about the same but on my skin L'Aimant becomes dusty and old lady ish after like about an hour. After two hours it will have that well known smell of the antique book shops or libraries with some flowery sweetness and musk. So I like this fragrance in the first 1-2 hours, but after I feel to wash down and refresh. The big sister doesn't have this strange dry down, that remains sparkling, flowery with a hint of powder even after long hours.

On my friend's skin L'Aimant is lovely. Her chemistry makes it to be elegant, sophisticated, aristocratic, and most of all warm and creamy with lovely musky notes, no old lady's library feeling.

L'Aimant'sillage is nearly nothing on my skin, on hers it is moderate but obvious.

At the end of the day it can really be a budget Chanel double mainly for the one who prefers the more quiet perfumes.

MaryjaK
MaryjaK

This review is of a vintage (but unopened) bottle of splash EDC. I don't know if this affected the way the L'Aimant responded to my skin or not.

I don't seem to have experienced any of the top notes; all the florals hit full force when I applied the cologne. Pleasant, but no citrus or neroli, and the aldehydes didn't become apparent until the end. The L'Aimant eventually got more spicy and woodsy as well, with the cedar and sandalwood notes blending with the florals.

The longevity was pretty good for an EDC -- about 4 hours -- but the sillage was very poor; I had to literally sniff at my wrists to get any scent after the first few minutes. It's a nice enough fragrance -- probably best for evening because of the intensity of the florals -- but I won't be going out my way to get more of it.

incrediblemelk

Can't tell you how excited I was to spot this for $15 in Chemist Warehouse! I've been thinking about blind-buying it online for a few years now, ever since I read that it's meant to be a Chanel No. 5 dupe, and read all the reviews here. The version I have is the Parfum de Toilette in the diamond-shaped bottle in the coral-pink box.

To me it doesn't smell as much like anything from Chanel (maybe that reflects the number of reformulations and iterations No. 5 has had over the years) as it does Estée by Estée Lauder, which I once bought on impulse and adored. People would always compliment me on it, even though it was quite a powdery, old-fashioned scent.

L'Aimant has that same powderiness, which I suppose is the aldehydes, but the rose and jasmine seem to dominate in my nose, with a warm,, silky musk underneath. I find this very feminine and glamorous.

wilma103smiley
wilma103smiley

I love this scent. Chanel no 5 without the price tag. Unfortunately it's my mum's signature scent so I can't wear it!

Asinya
Asinya

So, for me, what this one needs it Patience.
I absolutely hate the top notes - soap, soap, soap. Awful.
I was going to scrub it off, but I couldn't, because I was at work - I only sprayed a smaaaall spray on my lower arm, which I kept under clothes, and I sat being scared someone would complain.
Then, some two hours in, it changed - it became soft, smooth, gentle, appealing - sweet, round, actually really pleasant.

I won't wear this as a day to day - in fact, I'll never wear it on a normal day again - but I can see it working gloriously on fancy events, where I spray it on while doing clothes and makeup, so that it hits the beautiful stages once I arrive where I'm going.

Complex, and requires Patience - but lovely once it gets there.

Sierrasaurusrex
Sierrasaurusrex

This has that creamy smell of an old fashioned bar of soap. It smells wonderfully cozy, soft, and clean. For being so darn cheap it is perfect.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

It's easy to see why this perfume is still around; 1927, people--that's multiple lifetimes ago! L'Aimant starts with a waft of aldehydes, but in the same breath changes gears and becomes a sweet, powdery, rosy floral. It is extraordinarily feminine, light and airy but still substantial. There was a hint of peach, and an amalgamation of soft, delicate florals but the only distinct floral note was the rose, to my nose.

I've never smelled Chanel #5, so for me this smells like Lutece and Avon's Soft Musk. For a moment, it almost smelled like Marsmallow MOR--sweet, fluffy rose-marshmallow--but didn't stay in that near-gourmand range for long at all. It doesn't develop much, other than that intial movement from aldehydes to sweet powder, to more mellow less sweet powder. Certainly not something for those who dislike powder--but if you enjoy a powdery, ultrafeminine rose scent, you will enjoy this lovely classic fragrance. Sillage was modest, longevity around 5 hours.

Henriette

Just bought another bottle of L'Aimant which arrived not in the elongated bottle like the main picture here, but in the diamond-like bottle with red box like in one of the ads here on the right of the main picture.
THEY ARE VERY DIFFERENT.
VERY, VERY DIFFERENT.
I personally prefer the long bottle L'Aimant, softer, more feminine, smoother, longer lasting.
L'Aimant in the diamond-like bottle is more fruity, a bit sharper, overall maybe "younger".
This version is not at all similar to Chanel N°5 like the other, so please consider this when purchasing (or repurchasing) your bottle.
Well, ruins in Rome and Athens have thousands of years and are still much admired.
Not always "newer" is better.
For me at least.

Isobela
Isobela

I am big fan of L'aimant. I find the history of this entangled with Chanel no 5 fascinating, being the history enthusiast I am. Much speculation exists as to whether or not Coty got hold of the Chanel no 5 formula or even that Coty had it originally and no 5 was the copy? I have even read if memory serves that Coty L'Aimant is actually a closer match to the formula of an older perfume that No 5 was inspired by. Also, that No 19 is actually closer to what Chanel herself had wanted for No 5! Anyways I digress, I guess we will never know for sure, that's the perfume business shrouded in secrecy and rumors and I think it all adds a bit of fun to it if we don't take it too seriously :) One thing that is for sure is that L'aimant and No 5 are extremely similar.

L'aimant is slightly soapier, cleaner. I guess it could be summed up as a little less dirty musk and a little more clean musk. The differences are indeed minimal and one has to be actively looking for them, well on my skin anyway they are very close. I do think L'aimant is actually easier to wear as it has that tendency toward cleaner. Also I might add that it doesn't last as long as No 5. Stunning perfume that is sadly overlooked by most these days. I would urge anyone who is fond of No 5 to give it a try

Dierre
Dierre

These reviews are for the vintage formulation in the round bottle.
ADDITIONAL REVIEW BELOW

When I received my vintage bottle of L'Aimant I could hardly wait to test it. I was already wearing Desnuda, which I love, but that did not stop me from spraying L'Aimant onto the back of my hand. That spray literally made me gasp, and it was not in a good way...right away I was hit with mega aldehydes and a very noticeable powdery scent. My first thought was to hurry to wash it off, but then decided that since I was not testing this perfume "clean" that I should at least give it a chance.

What I did then was spray Estee Lauder Sunflowers over the L'Aimant. I do not care for Sunflowers, but it was sitting on my desk so I grabbed it. I thought that more than likely I would be making a not so good situation worse. Not so. OMG...you may not believe this, but I was promptly enjoying a bit of perfume heaven! Seriously, I smell so good! I realize that this is not a fair review of L'Aimant due to my reactive decision to become scented with three perfumes.

I have high hopes for L'Aimant. Not only because of its history, but also because it is complex and deserves attention. ♥ I will definitely add more to this review once I have worn it for a few days.

Additional Review 8.30.2015

I really like L'Aimant. It is not a love, but a strong like. For some unknown reason I did not get the initial spray "blast" like I did in my first review. This is a lovely, well blended vintage scent that is feminine and seems worthy of being worn in any season.

I really enjoy the sweetness, but not overly sweet, of the vanilla and the powdery, dusty flora in the dry-down...a delightful creamy rose that definitely is not in the forefront. I appreciate that the notes are well blended. For me, L'Aimant is a sensuous fragrance that is appropriate for a comfortable grab and go scent. I will purchase another bottle when mine is gone.

♥ The projection seems to be a bit less than moderate.
♥ The longevity is moderate, but respraying is a nice redo of the top notes.

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

Vintage 1970's EDT: I'm impressed with this blend of florals by Coty. It's a bouquet of powdery roses, ylang-ylang, geranium and bergamot. As the drydown begins the scent of cedar comes through with the sweetness of vanilla, while the ylang-ylang comes popping through to the forefront. I can't believe this is a drugstore perfume. An inexpensive yet beautifully blended retro fragrance to take you back in time to those summer days and nights.

Tip: Spray this on your clothes, it only lasts an hour or so on your skin.

Scented Demented
Scented Demented

Talk about a blast from the past, lol! I'm enjoying this lovely fragrance all over again. Longevity is poor, very poor on my skin, but at it's current price I don't mind having to respray ;-)

Heavensent3
Heavensent3

My darling Mother loved this and I do too! it is in the little black bottle and has pink creamy perfume...just lovely! ...and I agree it is very like Chanel NO.5!

geeva
geeva

I'm not a fan. The aldehydes takes a lead, and makes it hard to my nose to cope with. I love aldehydes in small doses, but here.... Too mutch!
But- once trying I felt like scrubbing time. Instead I grabbed a fresch scent and layered on top.
And magic happened!
Now I got them blended in a small spreyer in my handbag, and love the smell.
And what did I use? CK one summer 2006- a citrus aromatic....
Schhh- don't tell my secret ;)

EvaMG
EvaMG

This is the most "vintage" smelling fragrance I own. I quite like it. It's mostly a musky rose-ylang ylang blend. The musky essence overcomes the soapiness of aldehydes. It's nothing to do with Chanel n5 (based on civet and aldehydes on the other hand). A very charming old-fashioned, unique scent. One of its own. For my "grandma" days, that's the fragrance to turn to. Adorably retro.

Mirabele
Mirabele

I bought this one in hopes it would be more wearable (and more affordable) chanel N5 version. It really is, but not to edp as i had hoped for, but to edt, which i am not a fan of. While it is lovely and very wearable, it smells very soapy to me. Aldehydes tend to smell like a bar of soap to my nose. I do not get anything else besides soapy florals and i find it quite boring therefore. It is just not «me» at all and it doesn’t impress me in any way.
Sillage soft, longevity about 3 h, I have a vintage bottle bought from ebay. To try for all who would like a very affordable subtle more wearable version of Chanel N5 edt.

RaggedyAnne
RaggedyAnne

I bought this after reading so many reviews, claiming that it was like Chanel # 5.... I thought yeah, whatever.....
How wrong was I? this is SO much like # 5 that I feel like I wasted £96 on my real Chanel......
I will wear this more often as it was cheaper, but smells just as gorgeous as # 5.....I think its a little gentler, which will be perfect for work and day wear.....this is a brilliant buy...I do also find that # 5 sometimes can be a bit headachey, but not so with L'Aimant, which is always a plus.

Smellyfaerie
Smellyfaerie

This review is for the "Parfum de Toilette" (current) version.

If you, like me, like Chanel n.5 but can't wear it for any reason, try this one. I personally love Chanel n.5, but sadly it makes me sneeze. I fought hard and, for some time, managed to get good results with the bath oil and the hair mist (instead of spritzing the perfume). But I am spritzer. So, after several years trying to make my nose behave when I wear it, I finally gave up.

A few days ago, I stumbled upon a bottle of Coty L'Aimant and, since many reviews compare it to the Chanel, I decided to give it a try. It does smell alike, but with the advantage that it doesn't make me sneeze. Perhaps less aldehydes, who knows?

After 5 minutes on the skin, L'Aimant smells like the middle dry down of Chanel n.5, at least what I can remember of it, once the sneezing fits used to subside. A while later, it still carries the same bone structure, but it's a little dustier and powdery.

L'Aimant is pretty, feminine and sophisticated, well blended and suitable for any season. The projection is moderate, if applied in normal doses. The longevity is moderate to weak, but who worries about reapplying when you can get a bottle for €8?

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

It's nearly Christmas and I'm feeling sentimental. This was a favourite of my grandmother and my great aunts-they used to tell me stories of the three of them sharing a bottle during the war years and jealously guarding it and making sure that none of them used more drops than the others did-they seem to have eked it out for years. Its doesn't suit me particularly, but sometimes its nice to wear to think about family. Its a classic vintage scent-slightly sweet, slightly powdery, slightly floral, elegant and feminine. There is definitely a Chanel no 5 note in here, but I think the jasmine in L'Aimant stops it being too much of a clone (and is the reason why I don't like L'Aimant quite as much). It is extremely long lasting and lasts for ever on clothes. It is very cheap but smells far more expensive and I think everyone should get a bottle just for the experience of one of the old classics that is still relevant today.

nadicamihajlovic
nadicamihajlovic

This wonderful creation deserves to be made from quality ingredients that will provide him with great sillage and longevity. It should be presented in lovely bottle and relaunch together with other timeless creations of monsieur Coty, as L'Origan, La Rose Jaqueminot and Emeraude. Rather than launching countless insignificant watery confections, Coty should revive this historical compositions as lovely memory of François Coty.

I love L'Aimant.
I have the sleek, elongated bottle with pink label around its neck (same as the one pictured on this page) and am unaware whether this is different from the other newer versions.
I am also unaware of what it smelled like in the vintage formula.
Anyway.
It is a very lovely scent: smooth, powdery, elegant, with just the right amount of fruit (I do detest fruity scents BUT I do adore fruity notes in many scents if well balanced and not overdosed) and with an excellent lasting power. Actually longer than the contemporary version of Chanel N°5.
I think L'Aimant is more similar to Baghari than to Chanel N°5 sharing with Baghari the same joyful feeling. I do not know how to explain, but to me Chanel N°5 (certainly influenced by its history, its monumental status) is not a merry scent while both L'Aimant and Baghari do possess a certain aura of joy (the feeling, not the scent by Patou).
Word is that Jacques Guerlain's wife used L'Aimant instead of the creations by her mythical husband. Certainly the lady had taste!
L'Aimant is so unexpensive that those who love the genre should certainly try it.
Like Chanel N°5 (and Baghari) it's a scent you can wear anytime, in any season, on every occasion.
Beautiful!!!

Bublegum
Bublegum

Yes L'Aimant smells similar to Chanel no 5 but I prefer it. Maybe I am the only one or maybe it is because L'Aimant is not as strong as Chanel no 5, so I don't get a headache from it. Maybe it is also that I don't like lemon while I like peach and I find the Tonca Bean really interesting. Anyway, I think it is a very good cheap alternative for someone who wants to smell somthing similar to no 5 on a daily basis. The drydown leaves a typical clean aldehydes smell. I will agree with someone that said that it has the right ammoung of it. My bottle is about to end, so I think I will order a new one.

pamelapuffadder
pamelapuffadder

I just acquired some vintage 1970s Coty L'Aimant (unused) via ebay. It is the Perfume de toilette and powder. So cute in the pink velvet box. Anyway - I think it is lovely. It opens with the typical aldehydes and wasn't so great for a few minutes, then it developed into a pretty powdery floral. NOW - I own Chanel 5 in vintage and newer versions and love it. I put the vintage Coty L'Aimant on one wrist, the Chanel No 5 on the other. After dry-down was complete I can smell the SIMILARITIES. They are not exact matches and not substitutes for each other. The Coty has a sweet to it that the Chanel does not. But for the money, the vintage Coty is a heck of a lot of bang for the buck. It has great sillage and the dry-down is gorgeous, I get a bit of spice that the refined Chanel No5 doesn't have. It's a great buy. I haven't tried the new version of Coty L-A.

Shwets

I just love L'aimant! Even though its cheap to purchase the scent is so pleasant. I wouldn't say it smells like Chanel No 5 but has the vibe. In fact L'aimant works far better and lasts longer then No 5.

The spray version doesn't last as long but the creamy perfume is rich and deeper - very strong for a cream.

lirael00
lirael00

Aldehydes were something I was really scared off. I was afraid I'm gonna ended up smelling really bad, so I've always stayed away from them. What a big mistake, if L'aimant would cross my way few years back, I could start enjoying them earlier. I blind bought L'aimant based on the reviews and the fact it was so cheap I could afford to experiment. And what a lovely revelation I had. I love L'aimant! Yes it's aldehydic, but at the same time it is musky, powdery, woody and absoloutely gorgeous. Lasting power and sillage are moderate but I don't mind reapplying it every few hours. It's definitely worth it!

Antares811
Antares811

Gentle, soft and powdery. Very similar to Chanel N5 but unfortunately it doesn't last long. I like it.

Shwets

The creamy perfume is so much better than the PdT spray in terms of scent and longevity.

The spray is very shortlived and of a weaker formulation from what i remember about 4-5 yrs ago.

leFemale72
leFemale72

I have the Creamy Skin Perfume and it is delicious ,eau de toilette not bad ,but not that good as skin perfume.Hidden treasure ,really ...Most like Clea from Yves Rocher,green floriental with hint of smoky notes...

LisaMari
LisaMari

A sexy, musky/smoky rose that draws you in.

miaou
miaou

Wow, i once had a mosquito repellent cream which smelled like L'Aimant. I'm so surprised cause this is definitely not what i was expecting from this fragrance! I'm a proud wearer of Chanel No 5, but i wouldn't say these two are similar - they are just from one olfactory family. L'Aimant is just OK, and it pleasantly reminds me of clean hotels near the beach, probably cause i mostly use mosquito repellents on vacations. : )

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Fizzy aldehydes, rosy powder, clean but sweet. It reminds me of resting on satin pillows and sipping pink champagne just after having a hot bubble bath.
A must-try for those who like soap, rose, geranium and talc nuances in a perfume.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

@Revontuli; The red (It's kind of pink in real life) box & bottle pictured at the right hand side is the one that is in shops today, i've never seen the picture above with the label around the neck.

This is lovely, i was put off as used to think it was an 'old' scent but it's the closest thing i've found to my long discontinued Moschino 'L'eau Cheap and Chic'.

Revontuli
Revontuli

Which version is the one with red box, the picture above?

incrediblemelk

Can anyone comment on the differences in scent and/or strength between the Creamy Skin Perfume, the Parfum de Toilette and the Cologne Spray? From what I've observed here and looking elsewhere online, the cologne (in the bottle as pictured above) is the easiest to find but the skin perfume is the most 'vintage'-smelling and so the most desirable… would you agree?

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I got a vintage bottle at a yard sale for $0.25, totally sealed. It even came with matching body powder which I was stupid enough to discard.
When I first sprayed it on I recoiled at the very old-fashioned aldehyde and powder bomb I was hit with. Scrubbed it. (This is the point when I tossed the body powder.)
Sniffed the cap a little later in the day and realized it smelled AWESOME. It reminded me a little of Caleche, which I was coveting at that point. I knew I had to give it another try before I made up my mind. So I spritzed again and this time I let it soften...
Delicious. It sort of smells like pie. Weird, maybe, but that's what I was getting.

It starts out in a very "classic" way, and on my skin quickly mellows down to a clean but somewhat dusty floral. Light, gentle, and basically unexciting. Freshly showered, talc applied. Then, out of nowhere, it takes a turn and loses all traces of flowers and soap and cleanliness and takes on a heavy warmth, and a spiciness, with a hint of powdery sweetness like the well-baked edges of a pie crust. It's so strange and so amazing. And yummy.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Bought a creamy skin perfume after have read that ppl commented its more real, as vintage original scent, than, for example L'Aimant on the picture above. So yes, buy in old style bottle if will decide once, still plenty of them on ebay and amazon.

A scent. I obviously was after "something different", no one from my family ever worn it so I didn't know what to expect.

First impression - rich unusual Vintage. From big "V". Very sophisticated and somehow the movie "Gone With The wind" came to my mind..Times of American Civil War....That much character in it.
It is not the one to love or hate. Nor to dislike either. Also I believe anyone who has got taste and appreciation of the history of perfumes must have it. It is scent from 1927. Lots of things mixed in it together, - you smell memory, stories, journeys, ups, downs, it is not something you can pass by.

I Am very glad i bought it. Amber, spices, creamy rose and jasmine in woods.

One little touch of that creamy perfume stays on my wrist for over 7 hours, just like I put it there 20 minutes ago.

nitschevo
nitschevo

I have a mini of the Chanel No 5 EDT and really start to love that scent. But it is quite pricey so this looks like a nice option :)

MsDana
MsDana

Lovely, just lovely! I have Chanel no 5, and yes it is a bit similar at first application, but it has it's own distinctive charm (one of which being much more affordable!) it is softer, and the rose note in this is so delicate and pretty. A very well rounded perfume IMO. Longevity is very good too, I got about 4 hours. I love the Coty classic perfumes, to have such quality at such an affordable price is wonderful.

Coty L’Aimant seems to have a reputation for being similar to Chanel No. 5. I have to wonder which versions of L’Aimant are being compared to which versions of No. 5, as there seems to be numerous formulations of both scents. I have a bottle of L’Aimant from the 60’s and I find this vintage version to be a lovely floral aldehyde with one of the best drydowns I can think of, one of soft powder, musk, and sandalwood. Although it is similar to No. 5, I don’t find it to be a dupe of any No. 5 I have tried. The current version of L’Aimant is different from the vintage, a bit sharper, and the drydown not as nice, but still recognizable as L’Aimant. It’s quite similar to the current version of No. 5 EDP. L’Aimant is a bit less aldehydic, but has a very similar mix of florals to No. 5 EDP. Both seem to have been reformulated in recent years, and both have especially fallen victim to the overload of ylang ylang in their current formulations. I have to wonder if L’Aimant has been reformulated along the same lines as No. 5 by intention, to keep it smelling similar. I am a lover of aldehydes, so this almost-dupe of No. 5 is well worth the price in my opinion. I just wish it still smelled like my vintage bottle. I like the current version, but the vintage is true love.

peeachediva

I LOOOVE this perfume. I discovered it by accident when I was looking for L'Origon on ebay...or shall I say I RE-discovered it.

Years ago....and I mean YEARS, back in the 60's I remember being able to get three perfumes in a set that were kind of part of a series-Emerald, L'Origon, and L'Aimont. Emerald was a little heavy on me, but L'Origon and L'Aimont were faves of mine.
L'Aimont is light, floral, just a little bit sweet...I mean VERY littlee on me. It's like a secret you can carry around with you and retreat to it from the outside world to enjoy.

I've never received compliments on it or anything, but then in my circles, I am known for wearing all different kinds of perfumes. THis is definitely a keeper for me. FOr me, it's light like Apres L'Onde by Guerlain, but just a little sweeter. I highly recommend at least giving it a try.

Cherub1993
Cherub1993

My review is based on vintage L'Aimant. Easily aquired on ebay. A soft, comforting, sweet, but not sugay scent. Could easily become my fav daytime scent.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

This perfume was worn by my beloved Mother way back in the 50`s and 60`s. I bought a bottle many years ago as it reminded me of her. A simple, unassuming perfume loved by so many the world over. Not a great earth shaking perfume but warm and comfortable. It still stands the test of time. A classic.

SIPLANTIS
SIPLANTIS

This is just like bepanthol lotion :)..

Jellybean
Jellybean

Nice vintage clean 'n soapy scent. Main notes I agree are: aldehydes, rose and jasmine. This is very reminiscent of Ombre Rose, its predecessor in my opinion. It softens and gets better with time.
Thanks Karmes for this wonderful gift:)

Atreyu_Crimmins
Atreyu_Crimmins

A spray of little droplets,
A fragrance so refined
The spirit of nostalgia is passing me by.

(Clan of Xymox)

This is a lovely fragrance that is evocative of Chanel No5 for a fraction of the price. It could never become one of my truly favourite fragrances because it’s just a tad too sweet and simple to totally wow me; but it is soft, and romantic, and luxurious.

Imagine falling down the rabbit hole and emerging in the 1890s into an opulent room resplendent with art nouveau furnishings, peacock feathers, and a decant of laudanum on the bedstead. L’aimant is how I would imagine this room to smell like. Launched in 1927, my vision isn’t very far off the mark.

kislany
kislany

My first impression of this perfume was ...um... bad. Like smelling a nice soap with a strong aroma. However over time as the initial top notes started to dissipate, the more I sniffed it on me, the more I started to like it. Now it's just floral, with a very light hint of soap, no longer overpowering though.

One thing I can say for sure is that I don't find it suits younger people, but more adults, age 50+.

I can't say it's one of my most favorite perfumes (I love sweet scents mostly), but I can see its pull. And it seems to last and last and last...

cwolf
cwolf

Very pretty floral, soapy scent. Quite lush to start with, then smells like posh scented talc. Very nice indeed.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Parfum de Toilette
This is the biggest and most beautiful surprise of my parfume journey so far. I am positive my mom and my aunt used to wear it for nights out, when i was a little girl. So it has a special place in my heart just for that. Plus - the opening and first 2 hours smell like the fabulous drydown of pure perfume No. 5, which later adds another childhood love - Jovan White Musk.
It lacks strange diluent smell present in No. 5 and dustiness of Jovan.
It is white musky clean, sootning soft and romantic rose in baby powder.
Just PERFECT!

piahellgren
piahellgren

Warm, powdery, buttery and just sits so close to my skin, just like it´s part of my body chemistry. Really melts into the skin. Original nowadays and very wearable. Aldehydes can be so strict and it´s also true here, but the wonderful friendliness of this perfume, its skin-like qualities makes it warm and inviting. I say lucky men from those times when us women could smell like this and not like pomegranate creme brulee or whatever girls are wearing now. And I´m just 41 saying this...

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

I got this as a sample.
It opens with a mix of rose and a powder scent (im assuming its the jasmine)
Its not really that light of a perfume, but would be a little strong if sprayed too much. Overall its a pretty fragrance but not for me.

thatsperf
thatsperf

When I read the notes on the box I thought that the smell would be divine. Roses and jasmine together! How wrong I was. I found out that the scent turned sour on my skin and the cloying stench seemed to remain there for a good few hours. The first perfume that made me want to throw up. Sorry L'aimant, my skin and nose hated you. It wasn't you, it was me.

icecube
icecube

Well surely is different from the normal flowery/fruity fragrances from today.
The difference is not only in the composition of the fragrance but also the fact that it is difficult to smell the different notes - you get a complex mixed note right away.
I will describe this as a powdery, soapy and rosy fragrance.
Feels like you are a person in that Agatha Christie book someone talked about in an earlier review.
I think it is a lovely perfume and a nice change to all the new style perfumes.
You might feel a little old ladylike wearing it but what is the Harm/Charm of an old lady.
Longevity - long lasting, Sillage - moderate.

laurarainbow
laurarainbow

I received this as a gift and immediately dismissed it as a 'granny' perfume. However, I decided to give it a try one day and although it is indeed a rather old fashioned fragrance, there is something very romantic and nostalgic about it. It somehow reminds me of summertime walks along the canal and picnics in a meadow. I will be keeping this one for days like those :-)

cyprusmum
cyprusmum

It was my Mums' scent (oh, going back a few decades). However, have worn it since and it is very powdery, but elegant! As all perfumes, evokes memories of a distant past.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Welcome to the most unsettling afternoon tea in an Engish rose garden of which you will ever partake.

Unsettling? Why? Well there's a killer at the table of course.

Ever since Great Aunt Agatha popped her clogs of decidedly unnatural causes - unless you regard strychnine as a natural tonic that is - suspicion has swirled around the village.

She had a fortune once after all, heaven knows how much is left of it and who will get it.

And here we all are to hear who it was - if that old bat Madam Coty still has it in her to figure out the murderess in our whodunnit - for surely it was a female, poison after all is the woman's weapon.

But it is so bloody hot. This Indian summer is unprecedented.

That American woman all lipstick and nylons has brought champagne, pink champagne. Pop, the cork, the fizz, the acid aldehyde buzz.

Who drinks champagne in this heat? At tea, in a dead woman's garden? But it would be rude to refuse.

The tea roses are nearing the end of the season, after last week's rain they are near fermenting in this fervour. There's something nauseous in their scent and artificial - cheap Turkish delight left out too long in the sun.

That American woman is applying powder, and spraying herself. Is she wearing No5? For godsake this isn't a speakeasy.

Is the clotted cream on the scones turning in this temperature? Is it the confectioners cream in those slices? Something's off? Or is it just the vanilla smell of that permanently washed Australian niece who's turned up from nowhere and her husband, no, fiance, all woody eau de cologne and sportscar.

The old bat has finished her tea - I get a blast: sweet Earl Grey.

She pronouces...

It was the gardener all along. Agatha was tired of subsidising his hot house obsessions: she wanted to raise the greenhouse to the ground sell off his orchid collection.

He rouses his musty be-tweeded frame and makes a run for it. The officers of the law are waiting. Into the black mariah with him.

That American snaps shut her her compact, impervious to the chaos and the Arizonan heat, she raises from the table. 'Well if that's sorted I have an engagement, with my solicitor. The arrangements for aunt Agatha's estate to be transferred.'

She snaps a brisk military nod, smiles her red lipstick smile, 'If you'll excuse me.' She pauses, fixes her regard on me: 'Oh of course, I knew all along this was a very male sort of a crime, didn't you? I could smell it.'.

This is a classic and subtle-as-a-sledgehammer murder mystery where the glamorous and genteel surface can do nothing to conceal the dark goings on beneath. It may all be roses and vanilla on top but that chemical opening and something musty if not downright musky going on down below lurk ominously. For once the bad woman gets away with it.

A winner for women and the right kind of man who's not shy of a rose with thorns. Make sure you can get vintage or failing that the 'creamy skin perfume' and layer both with body spray for lethal effect.

I'm a guy all at sea on an ocean of female fragrance - help me steer my path. Make suggestions as to what scents I should try out next at the thread 'what made for women fragrances can or should a man wear?'.

erding
erding

I really think it is better than Chanel 5...

SandraV
SandraV

I love this perfume-it goes on like a lighter version of No.5 then turns to a scent that is like a rosier version of Avon's Sweet Honesty minus the dreaded plastic note.Just a nice 'hanging around the house' kind of scent and you definitely can't beat the price.I also love how it's been around forever though my bottle isn't vintage-it's more the idea of it-back in the good old days when perfumes didn't all smell like candy;)

duncanchelseal
duncanchelseal

I just got a VERY OLD vintage tester size bottle of this at my favorite antique store and while it only has less than half of it left, I think it was one of my best buys yet! It's definitely fuller and more round than the newer versions, but I like them both! I'm glad I bought it!

findakeepa
findakeepa

I have a full bottle about 3.7 oz. (guessing) UN PARFUM DE COTY L'AIMANT with the box. It says MADE IN FRANCE on the back. Also has a lot of writing in French, ie: Cette Specialite & Ses Accessoires Ont Ete Crees Par Nous Etc. Does anyone have any info. on it or know where I could find out about it. Thank you.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I've now ordered all the Coty classics But this little beauty, and I can hardly wait! I am impressed with the Drugstore Queens still available from this line, even if they are in cologne formulations. When my bottle of L'aimant arrives, I'll give it a proper review....

Edit ~ Hurrah! This elegant lady is finally in my hands. She is as refined and subtle as the Chanel resemblance implies. I don't actually think she smells like Chanel No 5 in detail, but there is a definate connection in TYPE. The opening especially makes one think of No 5, but only as a passing thought.

So far, I have the strong impression of yellow roses and finely milled French soap. It begins as an almost cold floral, and then warms on my skin. Truthfully, this could be warm or cool, depending on your chemistry.

Definately an old - fashioned floral, redolent of a grandmothers and young debutants alike. Time travel in a bottle!!

Update ~ I've given mine away to a dear one and am now in the market for another.... swap me?!

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

ok so this is my 2nd Coty purchase in less than 2 weeks and again im so Pleased! These fragrances are wonderful! This smells so elegant. at first you smell aldehides and then it changes to a beautiful floral, it gets sweet and sophisticated without smelling like old lady. This is strong, a little goes a long way and it can easily go from day to night. I cant believe the Quality of this and Muget de Bois at the low prices! Both are must haves, its the closest you will get to experiencing "Real Parfum" at a low price. These scents make you feel mature, classy and elegant without smelling like a old lady.

margien
margien

I received l'Aimant a week ago, ordered on cheapsmells.com, below 9 euro, incredible price! I agree with the other reviews that is similar to Chanel no. 5, perhaps somewhat less balsamic, more jasmine/incense flavor, less soft, than the original no. 5. But incredible how close alike the scents are. Good staying power. Lovely scent (as is Chanel no. 5).
Half a year later: still one of my favourite perfumes!

ellie.riley
ellie.riley

I bought the 15ml bottle today ;) and i love the scent but I don't like the bottle that much.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a surprisingly nice scent which I've ignored for years thinking it was 'old ladyish'. I'm not sure if it's been reformulated or if my tastes have changed, but it seems to have lost a dreadfully cloying aspect that the 80's-90's formulation had. It's a rosy, jasmine heavy aldehydic which is feminine, timeless and expensive smelling. If I did not already have No 5 I would buy this. As it is, I fully intend to buy the matching toiletries as the Chanel ones are beyond what I'd spend on soap etc!!n Thanks for making this little gem, Coty!

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

I wore this many years ago (at least 45) - wore it to the big band ballroom dances in the 60's with my shoestring strap frocks with big skirts and rope petticoats & 5" stilletos. Just loved it - didn't know it was still around. I know the fellas liked it because I used to get many comments on how lovely I smelt. Now will have to go looking for a bottle and see if the old magic still works. I know that it had tremendous staying power because I could still smell it on my dress the next morning (and that was after dancing all night). Just seeing the name again has brought back lots of lovely memories.
Alexandrarae South Australia

jasmasid
jasmasid

Yes, legend has it that this was made to the same recipe as Chanel No. 5, and deliberately under-priced so that people would forget all about Chanel. But, the exact opposite happened: although L'Aimant was very successful, it also succeeded in increasing the demand for Chanel No. 5, the real luxury perfume -- a curious scenario in which the competition ends up actually helping your sales. So, although she was furious with Francois Coty, (a one time pal), Coco Chanel ended up laughing, all the way to the bank, literally!
I can vouch for the fact that the 2 scents are identical. If anything, L'Aimant has slightly MORE lasting power.
So, if you use L'Aimant body spray, talc and body-cream after your shower and then have a spray of Chanel No 5 parfum de toilette as a top-layer, nobody would ever guess you were wearing two different scents.

!!
!!

I like it! It's really cheap to buy and available everywhere, although saying that I don't know anyone else who wears it. It's definitely an Autumn or Winter scent - very soft, very soapy. Very much like Chanel No 5. It lasts a long time on the skin.

geekweevil
geekweevil

Definatley Old Lady Smell, but I'm fond of Old Lady Smell.
Reminds me a bit of Bal de versailles. Strong and almost oriental on me.
A good one to wear during the day but I've had someone make horrified choking noises at me when I came near them in it, so mabye not for everyone.

rainbow.owl
rainbow.owl

I picked up a tiny bottle of this for a very cheap price to try it. It does smell a little bit like chanel no.5 and is quite nice, but it's not really my style so I passed it onto a lady who helps to care for my mum.

maybe worth a try if you like powdery scents.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Due to the time it was made, I believe this was another option for women who couldn't buy Chanel No 5. It's very similar in a linear way. It also lasts a incredibly long time... and can be overwhelming. I've kept my bottle since I was about 14 years old and I'm 28 now. I just couldn't throw it away or give it away. It reminds me of a grandmother scent that's comforting.
Update: I find jasmasid's review so interesting. I had never read about the history of this and No 5. I just always thought they smelled basically the same. Good to know that my nose wasn't fooling me.

peeachediva

I find this scent really interesting!!!Not in the way that you would think, with regarding to 'complex unfolding' of notes, evolving layers, sexy, verses non sexy, but just that ( to ME anyhow) that it is evades ( to me) s solid set of descriptions.

What comes out to me right off is the gentle introduction of peach ( but not peachy, only a nice waft of sweetness) and perhaps the ylang-ylang. On me, I don't get the distinct version of ANY of the notes that are listed in the description on the Fragrantica site.
In the sweetness, that I would not really call 'sweet' per se is more of a SHADING of the sandalwood and cedar. The cedar has the same subtleness in this scent as it does in Apre L'Ondee, and C'est La Vie ( you can tell that I have certain notes that I like pretty much in scents. ) ..

Do I like L'Aimant? Yes. I have heard it said that if you have fragrance on and it gets to a point that you don't smell it on yourself, that it means that the particular fragrance is 'your' fragrance.

I can not speak to its lasting value because other people seem to still smell it on my long after I don't smell it on myself anymore.

Even if it were the case that it dies on me ( don't know, since other people smell it on me...and like it... it's a keeper either way) I have worn it just for ME. You know, one of those 'bath in it and smell my wrist all day'.

It's a low financial risk to try it either way. If I ever see it in an oil, I'm going for it. Maybe I'll put it all over myself before I go to sleep at night.... My husband likes it, too... so that's a plus.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty L'Aimant fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Coty L'Aimant, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Aimant by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Aimant by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.