Designers » C » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Lady Stetson Coty for women

Lady Stetson Coty for women
dislike

aldehydic
Lady Stetson Coty for women Pictures Lady Stetson Coty for women Pictures Lady Stetson Coty for women Pictures Lady Stetson Coty for women Pictures

Lady Stetson was launched in 1986 as an elegant feminine floral fragrance. It contains notes of aldehydes, peach, tangerine, rose, ylang-ylang, carnation, jasmine, sandalwood, amber and oak moss. Lady Stetson was launched in 1996.

Musk Carnation Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Sandalwood oak moss Amber Tangerine Rose Peach Aldehydes

Madame de Carven

Lady Stetson Fragrance Reviews

flealea
flealea

Yes, my fragrance wardrobe is primarily made up of Chanel and Estee Lauder. But Lady Stetson will ALWAYS be on my shelf. It's all blue jeans, boots and brisk walking on brisk sunny day. It energizes and soothes me at the same time.

Debra1
Debra1

It's an Oriental, make not mistake, and it's sultry, However it's not too dark not to heavy on the animal smells it's got a tasteful amount of musk and amber to give it the Va Va Va Voom Factor, how ever it's also tastfully sweet not over poweringly grassy, like some woodsy kind of smells, that make you smell like a new mowed lawn, or a hey barn, and they added the aldehydes in a very moderate amount at the end, so I didn't smell like weard artificial persevatives, Thank You. This let the sweet of the amber flowers and tangerene come through with out being over powering but femine and plesent, This Oriental was done in a well ballanced manner, It's a Winner Id wear it, and strut my stuff with it. It kinda reminds me of Sweet Kentucky Burbon, Smooooth, no it's not a typing mistake although I often make them. This Perfume is Smooooth! Kinda makes this Brooklyn Babe into a good old girl when I wear it.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Boy is this a strong POWERHOUSE!!! I sprayed it in my bedroom before getting dressed and although I loved the smell, my eyes watered and I thought I was going to die getting dressed, the aldehydes was so strong (didnt help that I dont like aldehydes in the first place). I dont recommending using in small or enclosed spaces.

that said this lady is a strong, sweet, spicy oriental. Opening was carnation & oakmoss at the front, with a room filling throw. After a half hour to an hour the jasmine, peach & ylang ylang starts stepping into center stage with sillage at arms length... 4-6 hours later it's mostly peach, musk, and sandalwood sweetness with about 6" sillage..

I love this Lady in all her stages (could do without the aldehydes). Its sillage is huge and lasts 8-10 hours on me, extremely rare..

fyi - this was a newly purchased bottle so if it was reformulated then this is for the new version..

Renata tang
Renata tang

old perfume are the best, way much elegance than thesedays' sugary perfumes

Tess64
Tess64

I have been wearing this scent for over 20 years now, and I still enjoy it almost daily. I was into the country line dance craze (miss those times) and the cowgirl theme was a perfect fit. When I met my husband, who was also into country line dancing, it was a pleasant surprise to find out his cologne of choice was Stetson. After 18 years of marriage, I'd say those fragrances still go very well together. :D
I still find these at most drugstores, department stores like JCPenny & Sears, Kmart and WalMart.

larali
larali

Lady Stetson is strong. Don't spray too much (as I did).

Peaches and jasmine dominate. There is something reminiscent of cigarette smoke, not altogether unpleasant though, underneath a blanket of intense flowers. Overall it gives me the feeling of something bright pink, soft and surprising. I would place it as a casual perfume, but again, go easy on the sprayer. It can be a headache inducer.

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

Lady stetson is a masterpiece.
It has beautiful notes and tones.
It is very warm and comforting.
The peach notes combined with
A powdery aldehydic dry down seem
To create a unique and fresh bouquet.
Although it is an older 80s fragrance
It remains classy and timeless.
I wish it would be more available.
I am sad I seldom find it.

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

Lady Stetson must have been available since '86, because when I was a student at university it was available in SA, that was in 1991. At the time, the bottle was a subtle round one with the logo of Coty on it. Simple and elegant. The fragrance was wonderful. Something with a clean, spicy fragrance. Somehow, some reformulation bug got hold of it, or my skin chemistry changed after many years and changes. I purchased a bottle, something rather cheap looking and I fear the smell on me was a horrible soapy medicinal smell. What a pity when the original was clean, elegantly country, Vanilla, aldehydes, and something else spicy and even some leather I thought? I will not wear any bottle I buy now, unless it resembles the older bottles. Sure there was a new formulation down the line, and now I hear it's discontinued. Would be interested to get a whiff of the men's version of this. Not sure I would wear it, but I should let my husband give it a try - though he is rather fussy.

Could Coty please bring back the original Lady Stetson? PLEASE?

icecube
icecube

I see this issue is already resolved but Bebe70 - 1986 is spott on - just look att the clothes on the ads. Pure 80 ies fashion!!
Regarding lady Stetson I am working on buying a bottle to try it;)

asukhraj
asukhraj

My mom used to wear this in the 90's and it smelled lovely on her. I wouldnt wear this myself but smelled great on her :)

Scarlett Fox
Scarlett Fox

Wore this fragrance in the 80's....one day I went to school and had sprayed a little too much on (easy to do BTW)....It gave me such a sick headache....was never able to stand the smell of it after that incident.

Bobby in Alaska
Bobby in Alaska

If you are into melon, pear, or aquatic scents this is not a fragrance for you!

Bebe70

Thank you very much, Lushylori!

Lushylori

Just ordered a few bottles of this one on line.
Can't wait to smell it again :)
I used to wear it a lot in my teen years in the 90's.
It always seemed like i would get some for Christmas's or my birthday.
As i remember,it has pretty good lasting power and somewhat of a heavy musky scent.
I really liked it :)
Another good fragrance that's been discontinued unfortunately :(
I think this is definitely a Fall scent and could go well as a winter scent too.
I think the whole cow girl theme suited it well as it seems to match brown suede and cowboy/girl boots etc etc
An old school gem for sure :)

Lushylori

It was 1986 :) That comment is for Bebe70 :)

Bebe70

Please, Lady Stetson, make up your mind!
Which year were you launched? 1986 or 1996?

celebrity89
celebrity89

A cross between Chanel 22 and Babe.
The bottle doesn't do justice to this lovely fragrance.

Flowergrl
Flowergrl

I wanted a little fragrance pick-me-up that wouldn't break the bank so I picked this up today. On my test drive tonight the first spray was citrus/aldehydes on steroids and maybe a bit of leather? I wondered if the Lady Stetson name was causing me to imagine leather. After the citrus/aldehyde calmed down (which took awhile) I could smell a bit of florals though nothing specific. The base notes are very faint on me, I was hoping for more amber/sandalwood/oakmoss but they haven't showed up yet. I'm glad I waited awhile because the scent is pleasant, fresh, and soap-like. It's not a favorite of mine but when I'm in the mood for a fresh scent it's affordable. When I first heard the name I thought it was a bit cheezy, reminded me of country bars but the fragrance does have an outdoors, country feel to it so ok Lady Stetson..

PerfumedBrunette
PerfumedBrunette

NEW REVISED REVIEW:

Boy, was I wrong about this one. I originally reviewed it five months ago, and at the time, I could not find anything flattering to say about it.

This morning I must have been in a very light and optimistic mood, because I brazenly sprayed it on myself to give it another try. And what a difference! I was astounded to realize that I actually loved this fragrance - the exact same fragrance which I had tried and loathed five months earlier.

On my drive to work today, I kept delighting in the fragrance that was surrounding me with an elegant, beautiful, powdery softness, and at the same time I kept wondering what could have changed since I first tried it to make such a drastic difference in my perception of it.

It could have been the weather, I suppose. I first tried it during an extreme humid heat wave. Today, on the other hand, was a beautiful, sunny, warm day, with no humidity in the air. I think that was it - the humidity. In humid weather, this fragrance seems to have the ability to appear dank, musty, and stale. But in dry weather, it is a delightful, soft, powdery, elegant beauty with mistery in it, and with a tantalizingly antique quality to it.

I've never before experienced such an extreme change in opinion about a fragrance based on external factors, so I am still very surprised. Very pleasantly surprised.

My apologies to Lady Stetson, Luca Turin & Tania Sanchez, and Coty, for the unkind things I wrote five months ago. I am very glad I gave this little beauty a second chance.

OLD REVIEW (written during damp, hot weather):

Like one reviewer below, I bought this blindly online since it had a good review by Luca Turin & Tania Sanchez, and I usually agree with their opinions, although it was suspiciously inexpensive. It smells like any one or all of the following:

1. The inside of an old musty trunk that has sat in a hot attic for decades and has just been opened for the first time;

2. An old musty sarcophagus that has sat in a Pharaoh's tomb for millenia, and has just been unsealed to release the airless smell of a musty tomb;

3. A bottle of a vile Traditional Chinese Medicine herbal concoction.

Coty should consider renaming this fragrance. Here are some ideas:

"Sarcophagus"
"StagNation"
"Repel"
"Bog"
"Cloy"

Unless you are trying to attract a raccoon as a partner, I would suggest staying away from this one.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I smelled this just out of curiosity when I was at Walmart recently. It's aldehydes, lot of carnation and roses, that is rather cloying. I am not a frangrance snob as I wear all kinds of scents but I have to say that this smells cheap (and I see that several reviewers said the same thing). Not a fan. Out of drugstore scents, this is one of the worst(in my opinion)

nananessa
nananessa

I have had this in the past & really liked it. I recently inherited a bottle of the "Aspen" (spin-off) version, which I love, from my late Mother. It is a more fresh & green scent than the Lady Stetson original version. No page here yet on Aspen.

But Lady Stetson is a good quality drugstore classic worth every penny & more than it's generic price. A steal-of-a-deal, for sure!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I bought this cheaply on e bay as Luca Turin liked it, and I tend to like most things that he recommends. Unfortunately the formula budget has been skimped on, and it has the slightly 'interior of hot 70's car' smell about it as many reformulations smell - ie; warm plastic. Opening notes are interesting, herbal/soapy and of no particular colour. Theres a waft of musk, a bit of cedar or pine and a nose tickling carnation. It is rather prim rather than sexy, but I always think a bottle needs a few wearings to really get a feeling for it. Over all, a bit ho hum, as I don't have any personal nostalgia connected with it (never available in England as far as I noticed)
One thing I can tell already is that my husband won't like it!

hlhenderson
hlhenderson

There is a special place in my heart for Lady Stetson. Is it sexy? No. Is it glamorous? No. It's simply independent and carefree. A blunted waft of neutered muskiness, with a twangy touch of men's cologne.

BearysHoney
BearysHoney

This is one of the scents I always associate with my mom because she use to spritz everything with it. A little too heavy for me though.

greystone
greystone

I know this is a inexpensive perfume but I like the smell of this perfume alot,I enjoy the fruity,floral scents that it produces in the opening and has a lovely soft dry down.I enjoy this fragrance more then I do the masculine versions of it.Although for the price I feel that Stetson original for men is a good inexpensive fragrance.

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

My husband likes this one so I will wear it. Like the spicy notes and then powdery fresh at the bottom notes. smells better than some more expensive perfumes

soupygirl3
soupygirl3

Okay, when I read in The Perfume Guide that Tania Sanchez compared Lady Stetson to Chanel No.22, I had to check it out. A four star rating and a single dollar sign seemed like a no-brainer. My local chain drugstore just happened to be having a 50% off sale and Lady Stetson ended up being very cheap.

It's been a very long time since I last smelled Chanel No.22 but if it turns out if it smells anything like Lady Stetson it won't be worth buying. Lady Stetson starts off harsh, harsh, harsh. Then it became so cloying, that it stuck itself in that spot deep in my throat that made me want to wretch. After the harsh blast, the notes bounced all over the place, at first I smelled some rose, some other flower, lots of soap and something a little watery and then it dried down (by the next day) into a tangy powder.

This is a smell that needs a whole package to pull it off; like being a chain-smoking woman who frequents bars and nail salons, then you understand where it's going.

When I get my hands on some No.22 I will do my own comparisons and then update this post.

Sassy1
Sassy1

A very bright and cheery soapy floral.
That's about it...

Update: Where is the almost smoky tone coming from? It pops up right around the middle, after an hour or so of wear. I like it!

stacyrenee
stacyrenee

Migraine anyone? I can always tell someone is wearing this one because it induces a splitting headache, and it smells so cheap. One word: yuck!

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Lady Stetson was a real 1980s favorite. It's pretty strong at first as you would expect from a drugstore perfume. Then it's a nice with peach and aldehydes and a little bit spicy with sandalwood. It does bring to mind being in a 1980s C/W bar with steel guitars and all that was popular during the era when Lady Stetson came out. It's not bad but it's just not something that would be a favorite perfume. It's okay to wear to go out for casual but I don't think anybody would wear it on their wedding day. It's not expensive and fades quickly so there's no harm in trying it for fun.

Guitars, Cadillacs, hillbilly music and Lady Stetson .

Kiku
Kiku

The opening notes of Lady Stetson are warm, sweet, spicy. They are soft and feminine. Then they become sharp and intense then Lady Stetson simply fades away.

Lady Stetson by Coty 3.03 out of 5 based on 119 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Lady Stetson fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Coty Lady Stetson, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lady Stetson by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lady Stetson by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.