Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Masumi Coty for women

Masumi Coty for women
dislike

Masumi Coty for women Pictures Masumi Coty for women Pictures Masumi Coty for women Pictures

Masumi Coty was launched in 1967 as a floral – green – chypre fragrance. It is inspired by the Far East and emotions of bliss, serenity and calmness. Top notes are bergamot, rosewood, melon and pineapple. Its heart includes violet, cardamom and rose, while the base notes are amber, sandalwood, cedar, vanilla, oak moss and musk. The fragrance was relaunched and repackaged in 1976.

Palisander Rosewood Bergamot Pineapple Melon

Angelfire

Masumi Fragrance Reviews

brian.cloutier1
brian.cloutier1

Similar to the lines of the fragrances of Avon's "Here's My Heart" and " Somewhere" it has that vibe about it...... That one distinct note to it.....
Follow up..... OMG , I have it on now at it is screaming "Angelfire" a scent Mary Kay had out years back.... Very strange.....

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

A gorgeous rich classic perfume of its vintage. I know it through the bottles I was able to buy through ebay when ebay was full of vintage perfume. It is deep, complex, and to me, very satisfying. I'll write more about it when I dig out my bottles again. I have so much perfume that it gets stored in about 3 different places in my home, and when I'm too busy, I end up just grabbing whatever is handiest.

flowers-in-the-springtime

I finally got myself a massive vintage bottle of this perfume. My review is for the vintage formula in the EDC.
Like most perfumes of the 60's/70's it opens with a huge blast of sharp and headache inducing aldehydes. Within about 20 minutes, this settles into that old familiar smell that I remember from my childhood. Citrus and rose mingle with fruity notes which eventually settle into a creamy violet and rose and the whole composition settles into that oh so familiar, mossy, woody, true chypre smell, which is softened by sweet vanilla and then is freshened with musk.
This perfume was a real trip down memory lane and indeed it smelled very good considering its age, but I wouldn't wear this regularly, perhaps only in my house, when I am alone, so I can remember times gone by and wallow in my solitude and memories.
The longevity is dreadfully poor, but that could be due to the age of this fume. 1 hour maximum and it was gone.

menka
menka

I bought it when I was 18 and it was my mistake. This perfume is too strong and mature to young girls. It reminded me with beautiful, independent, mysterious and sensual woman ...as advertised.
I wonder if the smell delighted me today.

flowers-in-the-springtime

I was thinking of this the other day, such a beautiful fragrance and so hard to describe. It's such a shame they discontinued it.
I'm on a quest to find it now and I shan't sleep until I do.

bluebellruth
bluebellruth

The scent now is just a memory this was the first perfume i loved i wore this as a teenager. İ search an search for something that lives up to this but everything comes up short. Gone but never ever forgotten .

adelacorina
adelacorina

I absolutely adore this perfume! From the first time I used it I fell inlove and it's a love story that never died. The only problem is that I cannot find it on the market anymore :( I have just a few drops left in an old bottle that I keep for a really special time, but I anyone knows where I could buy it, please let me know. Thank you.
Honestly on me it's more woody and musky, very persistent but it has nothing in comon with Chanel No.5. That's an entirely synthetic fragrance, (impossibly so for my taste) sweet, whereas Masumi has not a single sweet note. vanilla and spices toghether cancel the sweetness. It is heavy so I do not recommend it for the summer, maybe for an evening, but it is a stretch.
By feminine I do not understand sweet and so to me it is one of the most classy, feminine and distinguished frangrances ever encountered. It smells much more "expensive" than it actually was - I say "was" because I haven't seen it for a long time.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

This perfume reminds me of those my mother wore in the 60's. Along the lines of Tabu and Woodhue, Chanel No.5 even, though it may not share many notes with any of them. As a very young child I would sneak into her perfumes and sniff the bottles. I never liked them, but I remember them. The tiny sample bottle I just received appears to be vintage, though there are no dates on it. On my skin it is very, very, soapy. I don't smell pineapple or melon particularly; a little rose perhaps and bergamot and a lot of fragrant wood and oakmoss. It is pretty intense at first and the soapiness is off-putting. But as it dries down it softens and is quite lovely. I am not sure I would wear it often, but it is interesting as a relic of a different scent tradition and is still perfectly wearable...especially if you like your scents soapy.

meri-irmeli
meri-irmeli

i am jusing this parfun early 70's and i loved.the name of parfym stay mine heard and nose.i like woody scenes.they are not too femine and floral.MIE

anteves
anteves

Qué nostalgia... Sigo extrañándolo.

Emiliahaleczko
Emiliahaleczko

J'adore.....

Masumi by Coty 4.01 out of 5 based on 74 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Masumi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Coty Masumi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Masumi by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Masumi by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.