Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Muguet de Bois Coty for women

Muguet de Bois Coty for women
dislike

soapy

Muguet de Bois by Coty is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Muguet de Bois was launched in 1941. The nose behind this fragrance is Henri Robert. Top notes are aldehydes, orange, green leaves and bergamot; middle notes are cyclamen, lilac, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood and musk.

Aldehydes Orange Green Leaves Bergamot

Cyclamen Lilac Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Musk

Jessica McClintock

Muguet de Bois Fragrance Reviews

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I just bought a vintage bottle of this - smells just as I remember it, fresh, green, and spring flowers. Lily of the Valley is my favorite flower, and it predominates this fragrance, but I can also find the lilac after a moment (lilac is a close 2nd favorite) with a bit of citrus (orange?) and green notes which keep it fresh, sweet but never cloying. I agree with everyone who says it doesn't last long though, doesn't stay with me either, but I still love it!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Vintage, late 60's-early 70's -- I can't think of a more quintessential lily of the valley scent. Just like fresh picked flowers, not overly green and harsh and sharp like some LOTV scents but slightly sweet as the flower is in nature. Backed up by a gentle lilac, buoyed up by some green notes -- but the green ones aren't overwhelming they just increase the projection of the scent. Smells like spring, crisp sweet and green.

zzMaja
zzMaja

I have not used this one for quite some time so I am going by memory and I used to love it. It is definitely lily of the valley. I am going to try it again. Very nostalgic scent that takes me back to being a teenager when my mother, my grandmother and I wore it. Something that was that popular to so many generations deserves another try.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

I really wanted to love this one. I have a vintage circa 80's, and maybe it's gone bad? It smells like foaming soap. More than just soapy.... It smells like it IS soap. And sickly sweet. I adore and wear vintage Diorissimo... I am disappointed by Muguet de Bois. :-(

Yah-el
Yah-el

I love this fragrance. It does smell exactly like lilies of the valley. The only thing I wish is that it would last longer. I spray it on several times during the day to keep the fragrance alive. Love it -- a breath of fresh, sweet lilies of the valley.

Carnation
Carnation

This review is for the vintage circa 1981:
If you like lilies of the valley,you will love this but as I say,in the vintage only.
Muguet des Bois is like the flower,straight from the garden: Sweet and just slightly fresh. There is nothing synthetic smelling here, as some lily fragrances can be. Just a deep and sweetly rich floral.

Mimielle
Mimielle

I love this as a linen & towel spray and to use a little on starched white blouses, just a touch. I love the flowers themselves and I love this. It's not the best scent for me to spray directly on my skin. Perusing the fragrances here has made me think of a few from my early years that I should pick up again in 2014 and this is one of them.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I had tried the current formulation, and it left me a bit flat. I like a LOTV note, but this one just seemed synthetic and a little disappointing. But today I scored a vintage bottle, and I love it. It's clean, sweet, and a little bit soapy, everything a good lily of the valley scent should be.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

I miss this scent. Smells like my favorite flower, lily of the valley. Too light of a scent for fall or winter, but perfect for a hot sticky summer night. I notice the humidity makes the scent last longer.

MsDana
MsDana

I love to wear the classic perfumes on occasion & after recently purchasing & enjoying Coty L'Origan, I decided to try this one out as well & I am very impressed. It is one of the best Lilly of the Valley scents I have ever smelt. It is soft, fresh, clean & lovely. I like it very much.

Ben's Aldehyde
Ben's Aldehyde

My mom has an old bottle of this stuff, which she might have inherited from her mother, so this review is for some pretty old juice:

When I first put it on, it smells terrible, like rancid hairspray. But after it dries it smells remarkably like the lilies-of-the-valley growing in our backyard.

From time to time, a stray note of one kind or another juts out and distracts from the realism. But it is realistic. Often, I could be fooled into thinking I'm smelling the live flower.

This isn't a perfume identifying itself as lily-of-the-valley by name but not by smell. The name means what it says. Alas, it fades within about two hours on my skin, leaving a hint of burnt hair and generic sweetness behind. Still, while it lasts, it's impressive.

frugalwitch
frugalwitch

I live (and grew up in) a very small town. This Coty fragrance was totally unknown to me until recently. Lily of the Valley is my absolute favorite flower of all time and I had doubted anyone could capture the scent of the real thing.
This arrived in my mail today and I felt weak in the knees when I sniffed it. It is glorious! I feel so clean, fresh, and feminine wearing this. A new love that is going into my top 5 favorites.

Libra_Witch
Libra_Witch

This was my absolute FAVORITE perfume as a teen. It was hard to find but I remember using my birthday money to buy it. Lily of the Valley are also my favorite flowers. I think I'm going to try and find a vintage bottle and keep it for special occasions. I sure do miss it.

Odalisque
Odalisque

I will always love this fresh, clean lily-of-the-valley scent. It was my first gift of cologne, given by my grandparents for Christmas when I was twelve. Coty's Muguet de Bois always smells like hope and girlish daydreams to me now, and it never fails to make me smile.

maryellen125
maryellen125

This is the first perfume I ever wore. Heavily advertised in teen magazines in early 70's. I saved my money and bought some at the drug store. I loved how simple and pretty it was. Innocent and nice, like the 12 year-old I was. Then my older cousin smelled it, and said, "You can do better than this" and got me a bottle of Charlie for Christmas. I felt sad, like I wasn't cool enough. I like more sophisticated fragrances now, but I still have lily-of-the-valley in my garden.

TruthserumX
TruthserumX

I was a little scared of getting this perfume. It was a blind buy on ebay. The reviews had me thinking that this would be a grandma smell. ITS NOT! Yeah! I'm not sure what the exact smell of lily-of-the valley is, but I think of water lily when I smell this. Its fresh, clean and lily. I like it and it wasn't that expensive.

jackii
jackii

Muguet de Bois, meaning in english 'Lily of the Valley'. That's exactly what it is - Coty's beautiful classic Lily of the Valley fragrance. It's been around since 1941 and still smells lovely. I remember my grandmother's bottle of Coty's L'Origan (created in 1905)she kept on the shelf in her bathroom. I would always sneak a spray or two on. Timeless, timeless classics that are still going strong.

theloveofperfumeismine
theloveofperfumeismine

this is timeless

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Incredibly synthetic - like the smell of pool floats and citronella candles in the opening, it becomes a little softer, imitating a familiar sunscreen. This is the scent of all sorts of plastics folded into the shape of a muguet. Weird. I'm sure it used to be good.

Review for the current(?) Eau de toilette.

erding
erding

Quite sythetic at the opending, but as it drys down I feel in love with it. peaceful and innocent scent.lily in the valley, yes.

ivyheel
ivyheel

This is the most realistic lily of the valley I have ever sampled. It's a simple, straight-forward scent. Quite pleasant and very clean, crisp, and fresh. I can't imagine that this could offend anyone. I like it but I do not think it is very memorable.

pygar2000
pygar2000

This is my Mother's scent. She has worn this literally all of her life. She just turned 87. It is just lovely and fresh. The only other scent she wore was (I believe) something called Blue Carnation or at least a carnation scent.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Paulie 86, you said it! The classic Coty's smell GOOD, and if that is a quality of Old scents, may all mine be Old! ( Come to think of it, most of my favorites ARE. ) I bought Muguet De Bois from Overstock.com this spring, and it proved one of my best blind buys. The opening seems a little lime and most refreshing; other than that all I smell is REAL lily of the valley. If you want a more complex and grounded lily scent, you might choose Jessica Mcclintock, my other terrific blind buy this spring. To be honest, I'm not a greens and lilies kind of girl, but they never fail to appeal to me on someone else. This is just - plain - old - delightful.

JasmineLilac
JasmineLilac

I tried the Coty muguet because Diorissimo's creator said that Coty's muguet was the truest lily of the valley. Thus, I expected Coty's muguet to be a lot like Diorissimo.

To me, they do not smell alike. Coty is subdued and sweet; while, Diorissimo is tangy-sweet and not so subdued.

I like Diorissimo better, though I like Coty too. They're just apples vs. oranges (in my book).

pfcs
pfcs

This was popular with young girls when I was in high school, and was a very pleasant scent. I prefer stronger, more oriental, types, but I never met a Coty fragrance I didn't like.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This is LOVELY!! What a find! It smells like a Fresh Spring day in Brooklyn NY when all the flowering trees have bloomed. I have longed for a scent like this! It smells like the beautiful flowering trees of the North East! Also the name is cool and the bottle is cute! Tres Chic! Im wondering if i should start hoarding this now lol

VintagePro
VintagePro

Very green and pure Lily of the Valley. I don't detect a hint of anything else. It has a very sharp, pungent quality at the beginning, but it softens very nicely after a few minutes. Very lovely. Just wish it had a more sillage and staying power.

Fonna
Fonna

My father use to grow lily of the valley in our garden in the backyard. I was small enough to get a good whiff of them just by standing over them and I use to hover around that area just to smell them.
It's a beautiful fragrance.
Pure lilly of the valley. Very heady fragrance, like you want to fall asleep them like I always wanted to, but dad would have gotten mad if I did that, I'm sure.

paulie86
paulie86

I got to sample all of the old coty fragrances today at my local beauty supply they all came in the bottle pictured above out of l'origin, emeraude ( I don't get shalimar), l'aiment (which doesn't really smell like no. 5 to me but smelled more like L'heure Bleue) and this one was the best smelling to my nose it was fresh and beautiful a soft floral dominated by lily of the the valley hence the name lol. For $6.99 they're all a steal they all smelled pretty That's what made me sad when I was smelling all the nozzles of these perfume bottles these great classics that are shamelessly discounted and forgotten about and left on lower shelves hoping to be sold. Honestly none of them smelled like "old lady" which is a trait I love in perfume lol so I think everyone should try the old cotys just for the fun of it!

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

1/16/2012: Coty's Muguet de Bois (new EdT)- Bright, beautiful, sparkling LOTV- Credited by Roudnitska (Diorissimo's creator) as the best LOTV ever... But scent disappates (disappears!) only minutes after application. Wore this as a teenager, now it's back & can be purchased for $10-$12/bottle. I love it, & purchased a few bottles to liberally spritz bed linens, hair, whatever.

jasmasid
jasmasid

I managed to find a vintage bottle of this (probably dating from the late 60s or even early 70s) and it's absolutely magnificent. But I think I will save it for spring/summer as that's when Lily of the Valley smells best for me.
I must point out that this is not in the league of Diorissimo (which has to be the ultimate scent in this category of floral) but is much less sparkling and less nuanced being a much more straightforward "Muguet" with overtones of green.
But, given the price difference between this one and Dior's masterpiece, who's complaining?

johngreenink
johngreenink

I found a bottle of this at an estate sale about a year ago - it was from 1995 and nearly full. The scent is really beguiling, I have to say. Definitely full-on Lily of the Valley, and a bit of green behind it. I also detect some spices; like a hint of cardamon or rosemary. The sandalwood is strong at the end, but pleasant. I don't see this so much as a floral, but more of an aldehyde fragrance. You can detect a BIT of rose, but more like rose from potpouri, not fresh roses.

I don't have many uses for this (much too sweet for a male, I think), but enjoy smelling it now and again, and put a few drops here and there to make the place smell nice. I have a feeling my 16-year-old bottle is probably a less contrived formulation than what is available right now, so I'll hold on to it.

glitteralex
glitteralex

Somehow a small parfum spray, likely 1980s, appeared on my desk. No cap, dark color, a certain victim of oxidation. I expected the worst...but, despite this, it manages to be absolutely delightful! The alcohol takes a minute or so to blow off, and there is certainly a "boozy" quality thanks to the oxidation, but I still enjoy this deep rosy lily on a velvet background of green woods. I give this bottle in particular a 3 or 4/10, and I am still managing to enjoy it, so now I'm on the hunt for other vintages in better condition.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

I generally like Lily of the Valley, but this particular one is a little too strong and green for my taste...had the same problem with Diorissimo. Wish it were a little warmer and muskier.

I had this as a young girl and it smelled exactly like lily of the valley. Very fresh and girly. The bottle was opaque green and beautifully matched the lovely scent. I have not tried the reformulation. I prefer to remember it the way it was.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

An absolute classic for any occasion. Goes with furs. Goes with jeans.

bogsc
bogsc

It's sad that for many the only experience they have had with this once lovely scent is the recent and truly vile flacon mist version, which smells like a combination of paint thinner and hair permanent solution until dry down. I just tossed the 2 horrid bottles of flacon mist I mistakenly purchased on e-bay. I now possess a true vintage bottle of EdT, which smells exactly as I remember it from my high school years. Soft, sweet and innocent.

i love this cologne. true, fresh, lily of the valley. one of my favorite scents in cologne. this is a nice clean version. not heavy or oily. light and airy. lasting power was good on me. i would buy this one again.

chaos2
chaos2

I had the original as a teenager. Mom got it for me and at first I didn't like it but it grew on me. Very light, green and sweet. The bottle was nice, shaped like a bell.

Kiku
Kiku

Once again Coty turns one of it's great perfumes into a knock off of itself. The original had that depth and richness of scent so typical of Coty. It was sweet and fresh, just lovely. The reformulation is cheap and unsubtle . It doesn't even smell like lilies of the valley anymore.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I had this as a teenager. It does smell like Lily of the Valley. My grandmother liked it too . It don't
think I would wear it now but it has sentimental value . I would like to smell it again just for that reason.

How bad can a reformulation be? Coty MUGUET DES BOIS offers a clear answer to that question: Very.

I wasn't expecting much from a bottle which cost nearly nothing, but I must say that, to my nose, this vile liquid smells like paint thinner.

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

I heard such great things about this. maybe I didn't know what lily of the valley smelled like, I don't know. But to me, it smelled like freshly cut grass. It's not something I want to smell like.

pansylady
pansylady

My first cologne- sweet and as innocent as a little girl getting on First Communion Day...

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

When I first gained an interest in perfumes, my mother ran to her closet, and after looking through her shelves produced a nearly full bottle of this perfume. She told me she bought it when she was 17 and still had it. I warned her that it might have soured over the 40 years, but when we removed the cover it still smelled like bright and fresh lilies of the valley! This scent it soft, fresh and so feminine. Every time I sniff it now it brings me memories of the pictures i've seen of my mom at age 17, yet somehow this scent is still very modern.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

A nice lily-of-the valley without the sharp green notes of my other lily-of-the valley by Caswell Massey. This is sweet without being cloying.

Coriander
Coriander

At the top to the base, much style in this fresh Lily of the valley.

It´s a delicate and subtle fragrance, however full of personality.

barbiot35
barbiot35

It' s sooo fresh and can be used at any season but it doesn't stay for a long time on the skin:(

Muguet de Bois by Coty 4.04 out of 5 based on 164 ratings and 48 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Muguet de Bois fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Coty Muguet de Bois, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Muguet de Bois by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Muguet de Bois by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.