Designers » C » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Nuance Coty for women

Nuance Coty for women

Nuance Coty for women Pictures Nuance Coty for women Pictures Nuance Coty for women Pictures Nuance Coty for women Pictures

Coty presented Nuance fragrance in 1975. The fragrance is advertised as gentle, subtle and seductive with the slogan "If you want to attract someone's attention - whisper ...". It contains notes of aldehydes, lemon, plum, peach, rose, orange blossom, violet, cinnamon, lavender, herbs, trees, moss, vanilla and musk. The face of the perfume is Sean Young.

Citruses plum Peach Aldehydes Cinnamon

Lavender African Orange flower Rose Violet Spices

Musk Vanille Woodsy Notes oak moss

Aviance Night Musk

Nuance Fragrance Reviews

I sat next to a girl in 7th grade who would pull out a small dabber bottle of this to freshen up after lunch. I thought it smelled just wonderful. I really hadn't thought much about it since then but recently when remembering fragrances of long ago I thought of this. I was sad to find it was discontinued.

I did found a half full bottle on Ebay. Sprays on a bit harsh for a few seconds but then it mellows out to a very soft, slightly spicy, but fresh and comforting scent. Great for before bedtime and fall and spring time.

I now have some Nuance in my collection. This bottle was from the time when Coty was in top form producing quality fragrance at drugstore affordability.

Nuance is basically Love's Baby Soft for adults. This is the antithesis of Charlie or Rive Gauche. Rose and violet take center stage here. The woods are probably a soft sandalwood and cedar. They are quite dry and lend a powdery quality to this forgotten gem.

This is the antithesis of the powerhouse decade to come. Its basically a skin scent. It lasts about 10 hours and develops ever so gently. That was the intention of Coty. I loved the Sean Young commercial telling us "do you want to capture someone's attention, whisper".

If only the coming decade would have followed its example. Bigger is not always better. Alas Nuance is for the wallflower who never gets noticed, even if she was the most beautiful girl at the dance.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Thanks for the reviews!

Nuance looks like a forgotten beauty. :)

I like this vintage very much, because it gives me a lot of fresh air, nice, aromatic hay, joyful orange blossom and rose that is aromatic, too, and cheerful dandelions. I also like the way light summer wind takes those just as light, almost transparent notes off the vase full of peaches, and drops these notes into the flowers growing in the hay, among the hay, through the hay. And oak moss here, oh, the oakmoss!.. I do like it.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

Forgot about this perfume till now....LOVED it. I believe this is the scent that started me on the trail to discovering spicy scents!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Nuance fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Coty Nuance, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nuance by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nuance by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.