Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Smitty Coty for women

Smitty Coty for women
dislike

Smitty Coty for women Pictures

Coty Smitty was launched in 1976 as “the spirited and sexy new feeling in fragrance." It gives you a sense of excitement and elation, advertised as Disco Fragrance. It contains notes of citruses, green notes, flowers, woods and moss.

Citruses Green Notes

Floral Notes

Oakmoss Woody Notes

Cachet
Babe

Smitty Fragrance Reviews

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

This was my signature scent in 6th grade. I felt so sophisticated, I remember just LOVING the way it smellled. Funny, because all these years later I wouldn't choose this based on the notes. I would love to smell it again to see if I still like it.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Oh, my word. Now this is one oakmoss marvel I'd LOVE to sample!

Carnation
Carnation

I sadly cannot exactly remember the smell of this. What I do recall at the time was it was a very sexy and hedonistic fragrance and appropriately named the "Disco Fragrance".
Krmarich's review is exactly right. Couldn't have agreed more.
Looking on eBay for a reasonably priced bottle meanwhile continues.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Loved this!! And I see from the notes that it contained moss, which would explain it. Always was all about the chypre-style.

I shall be stalking ebay for a bottle.

Edit - I have my smitty again!! So happy.

It's a full-on chypre all right. The moss is evident from the first spray, and it's very green too. Oh happy memories.

This is what drugstore fragrance was like back in the day - in a word, classy. How times have changed.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I remember Smitty as being a "clean" scent, but with an earthy drydrown that made it different from other clean frags like Jean Nate.
It was one of the "liberated woman perfumes" that emerged following the popularity of Charlie,
I really liked the "superfatted soap" scented with Smitty which was sold in a local drugstore. The fragrance from the soap lasted all day and it was quite moisturizing on the skin.
I wish they would bring this back, as long as it's not reformulated!

salix
salix

I can remember very good this wonderfull fume.I was 18 Years old,end of the 1980.
It was very fresh,crispy,flowers,white,clean flowers,very powdery,claen and longlasting.
I loved it.I think,today it will be a little too craemy for me.But it once of my first perfumes ever,my first big love :)

Rose Hip
Rose Hip

I used it in the 80s and loved it a lot. Sadly, I can't remember the smell now. Wouldn't be able to describe it. But would recognize it immediately, from miles away and with much pleasure!
It would evoke my dearest memories of me and two friends sitting at school and instead of concentarting on a lesson thinking how glamorous we are because of wearing the smell.
It was the best thing I owned in 1980s :)

krmarich
krmarich

Oh yes, I remember Smitty! Its was fun and you could expect catching a wiff of it at the local discos. It was nothing like Halston-the real disco perfume, yet it was fun. One thing I recall, was had a LOUD, sassy chypre character that stood out in a smoke filled disco and it was cheaply purchased at pharmacies all over the place. Coty was much more accessible at that time.

Like disco, it lasted just a few years. If you ever did the "Hustle" or the "Bump", you will remember Smitty. Modern perfumistas have no pop dances, much less that much oakmoss in current fragance formulas. Ah, the good old days.

Celebrity=Gloria Gaynor

Smitty by Coty 3.85 out of 5 based on 14 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Smitty fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Coty Smitty, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Smitty by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Smitty by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.