Designers » C » Chypre « Groups

Stetson Coty for men

Stetson Coty for men
dislike

Stetson by Coty is a Chypre fragrance for men. Stetson was launched in 1981. Top notes are lime, lavender, clary sage, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are carnation, patchouli, orris root, jasmine, vetiver, cedar and geranium; base notes are honey, tonka bean, amber, musk and vanilla.

Lime Lavender Clary Sage Bergamot Lemon

Chaps

Stetson Fragrance Reviews

Idlehands
Idlehands

i first smelled this when i was about 11. to me it smells like a musky stale urine. I cant believe anyone would really try and pretend this is anything more than a dated(not that theres anything wrong with that),musky, foul and cheap smelling paw paw coligne. i dont care how fancybyou try and make this sound...its nit fancy at all. its really bad. offensively so

eezepeeze
eezepeeze

I really don't understand all the negative reviews on this. I got my husband a bottle of this about a year ago and he is almost done with it. I LOVE it on him! It's a very sexy scent. Who cares that it's cheap? If it smells good, wear it! I agree that it is powdery, but I get more spice from it than some of the recent reviews state. To be honest, I can hardly keep from nibbling my hubby's neck when he's wearing it. I wonder if the scent is more designed with womens' noses in mind? I have even heard him receive compliments from other women on it.

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

I will always love this scent, as it reminds me of my first love. Very happy memories.

Jay T
Jay T

Le représentant des ventes rit de moi quand j'ai demandé de l'essayer. J'ai été surpris à quel point j'aime ce. J'ai adoré le musc bien sûr mon amie détestait.

tgnetz
tgnetz

I am very upset. I picked up a gift set with this included and the bottle is extremely weak and is hardly recognizable. I have a spray bottle that is at least 13 years old (it was my fathers) and it has moderate longevity and sillage. What is in this new splash bottle is poor in both categories. I would consider this new formulation (has it been reformulated?) for an after-shave. I would say the same for the splash of the Fresh and Rich Suede that came with it as well.

How do you cheapen an already cheap fragrance? Especially when it is a classic scent like Stetson?

Castor
Castor

OK... must be joking. Cowboys? Wearing this? LOL. OK, unless we are talking about affeminated cowboys with a twist along Broke Back Mountain, mind you.

There are more masculine versions of it: Royal Copenhagen, or Casswell Masey's Jockey Club (fast, their men's scents are becoming scarce judging from those published and sold in their website).

I was complimented by it by a fragrance noob. She thought it was a niche blend. Take in mind I don't go strong with the trigger, so this is a silage beast that can be a social class statement: in the USA this is dirt cheap, so in a social class-aware society this can mean:

1-. I am poor so I choose cheap colognes

2-. I give a damn, I like it. Hurray Hurray Sears; Nieman's / Barney's / Saks / Nordstroms / Lord and Taylor? / Bergdorf Googman are all rip offs.

Take attitude number two and wear it with a tuxedo while in a formal get-together in fancy residence in the Hamptons, Marthas Vineyard or Nantucket. Go strong on the trigger. You'd be remembered.

Down here you might as well say it is a Lutens. You'd be asked what the heck that is, and you will have to say it is a cheap line sold in Sears - due to the fact that if you tell the truth, you would be considered a pretentious idiot: conspicous consumption down here is not well regarded, contrary to what happens in other countries in the region, like Brazil and Chile. It is called new middle class. In Argentina, there are lots of new poors, thus the reason most frown upon conspicous consumtpion.

This piece of information given to my fragrance noob acquaintance turned into a hilarious moment. She showed a very candid negative-surprise face that was worth a Kodak - moment.

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

It was the early '80s. Men wore Stetson and tan pointy toed shoes, if not Tony Lama's. We all did aerobics classes. It was Calgary before sophistication.

roll4fun
roll4fun

I stumbled upon a nearly empty 1 oz. bottle of Stetson that had mostly been lying around for the past 10 years.
Lo and behold, the juice still had some punch to it. I got an initial moderately strong spicy/sweet note to it. Within an hour, moved more into the realm of baby powder. After a couple of hours, scent was very close to skin. I agree with several prior reviewers about this frag being unisex, even feminine. Smell is pleasant enough, and toes the line enough that I'd consider using in a pinch, but probably won't buy another bottle.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Butch baby powder. I love it!

Redbeard
Redbeard

This stuff smells more like an old-school women's perfume to me than anything else I've owned. My mom had something that was remarkably similar that I always associate it with, and I think erv2 is correct: it's Norell. I felt embarrassed smelling like this in public because of how obvious the comparison was to me. I think I get the feminine impression because there's too much of some flower (jasmine?) and not the right spices like other similarly priced brands, unless I just got a bad bottle. I also smell urinal cakes, but only at the very end, and if I breathe it very close-up. I've never been so thoroughly disappointed from something so inexpensive. Chaps is closer to what I wanted Stetson to smell like.

tsth
tsth

This fragrance should have been branded as unisex. It is soft enough to be feminine but spicy enough to be masculine. I think the powdery note moves it a bit more into the fem zone. I love this on my dh and if he did not wear it, I would. I think it is a beautiful scent along the same vibe as Obsession for me.

bucket
bucket

Very nice scent, but not at all standoutish; somewhat predictable even.
Having said that, it is a dignified smell and although other reviews disagree I consider it to be distinctly masculine.
Worth a buy at its low price. Also, great as a base if you like mixing different fragrances. I found it mixes very well with Benetton Colors de Benetton Men- another inexpensive cologne.

paddycakes
paddycakes

I had a small bottle of this in high school. I remember liking it but I never purchased it again until a couplel weeks ago.

I don't know why, but the first few sprays were absolutely terrible. All I could smell was baby powder. I thought I would never use it again but for some reason, I did. Now it smells reminiscent of a nice old bookshelf. Not something I would wear on a date but something I would wear in a professional environment where I wanted to appear mature. Would reccomend to older people more so than younger people but I'm 22 and it works well for me in certain situations.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I must agree with the other reviewers - this is an excellent scent for the money. I bought a tester to try it out and I am impressed. Long lasting, too... on me it lasts 15 hours. I think I'll buy a bottle. (It certainly won't set me back.)

In the bottle it smells somewhat floral and feminine. But as the hours pass by it smells... nice. Somewhat unisex, but nice. Certainly not assertively masculine. I smell powdery vanilla and musk, quite pleasant.

The dried down scent of Stetson reminds me of when I was a teenager and kept my favorite tarot card deck in a little cedar box. Warm and woody.

The masculine advertising is funny... this could easily also be a feminine scent.

------

Update: My wife, smelling it on me, now thinks it smells "cheap." The more I wear it the more I smell the baby powder note.

The uniqueness, the rugged character of this fragrance really doesn't appear until near the 1-hour mark after application- and then it has staying-power to last into the morning. It is a suedey-smooth pickup artist with easy lines, and lots of experience. Stetson- if you let it- 'll show you a good time.

Tattooed Wolf
Tattooed Wolf

Stetson. There really isn't any scent out there like it. It's how a fantasy cowboy should smell. Not a REAL cowboy. Like leather,tobbaco and what not. But how a cowboy in a fantasy world would smell. Musk,vanilla,powdery with some spices thrown in is how I get Stetson. This is stricly a cold winter cologne as almost any sweating will turn it sour in a heart beat. And a little goes a long way. I still wear it though from time to time. On cold days. And when I wanna come across as the perfect sexy fantasy cowboy. (woof)

James Lewis
James Lewis

For the price I feel this is one of the best colognes out there,smells better and lasts longer then alot of higher end colognes out there.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Stetson is old school cologne at its finest. This classic frag is not for amatures. An ultimate masculine scent. The musk and amber vibes pull you in within the first notes and its game over after that. Stetson is perfect for the fall/winter days & nights. Has great longevity and is VERY cheap. This can easily be found in any drug store in any state. Im 26 and i can appreciate a classic like this. A must keep in my collection

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Absolutely lovely floriental for men. This is a top shelf fragrance for a bottom of the barrel price!

waine
waine

I will never forget receiving this little vintage under the Christmas tree during the mid eighties. Made me feel alive, vibrant and happy. Really an amazing scent in it’s niche. All the delightful ingredients are there.

Never seen it again, not on the hunt either.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I actually really like this one for Men even though it can be bought for such a low price.
Its warm,Spicy and sweet.
I would think this one would work best for Fall & winter :)

LSDnSideBurns
LSDnSideBurns

I love this stuff!

Picked up a bottle for ten bucks, figured, "hell, why not?"

Good for a $10 fragrance? How about great? This is like getting a new Mercedes for the price of a used Toyota. Pick up a ten gallon bottle, for the price of a couple of Starbucks Lattes. Better than some fragrances I own that cost several times more.

Some warm spices, tonka, vanilla, and a bit of nice florals. Reminds me of Jovan Musk at the start, only briefly. A couple of hours in I get a sort of rum vibe, but it reminds me more of a rum cake, or spiced rum. Perhaps this is why Stetson is considered a manly frag? For what is more masculine than to walk around reeking of spiced rum? The dry-down is very warm and sweet, damn sexy too.

Some say this is a woman's frag in a men's bottle. I don't think "floral" necessarily means "feminine". Many popular and well-liked men's fragrances feature prominent floral notes, this is no surprise. Nobody will accuse you of smelling like a chick if you wear this.

Projection, silage and longevity are all a cut above. This thing comes crashing out of the gates to begin with, projecting all over the place. I figured after the first couple hours of projecting half a mile radius this would have no more "legs" left to continue through the rest of the day. Easily lasts 10 hours on me. All with only a couple sprays!

Disclaimer: Spray diligently!

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Great for a cheap drugstore fragrance! I love it! It is very powerful and manly smelling. However, it is very outdated and smells very cowboy-like from the 80s. Great for a trip down memory lane...but don't wear if you are young, trendy, or trying to be current. I prefer to wear this when its cold outside and when I'm not going anywhere special, or seeing anyone special! But its a classic smell!!!

silvrsrfr
silvrsrfr

For the $5/1.75 oz. sale price,this edc might be worth a try. Not one of my favorites, but here's what I get:
initial take: strong, sharp, citrus floral… not so good, but it does project
@ 5" a little powdery feminine floral
@ 10" still flowery, maybe a slight hint of ambery/leather?, along with some sort of cheap lavender
@ 15" pretty much the same with rememberances of a cheap imitation of Givenchy Insense (a much better choice for a men's floral fragrance).
@ 30" OK, it's starting to soften a little, and I may be picking up a little amber?
@ 45" Definitely softened, closer to the skin scent now; reminds me of another fragrance, but I can't quite pick it out...
@ 60" Now it's getting strange... wait a minute, wait a minute... I'm thinking, Bogart pour Homme??? I sprayed some to compare. No, it's not the same, but still, does anybody else get that tie-in?

Well it's not likely to enter my personal line-up soon, but, for the money, one could do worse. After all, Tania Sanchez gave it a 4*, and wrote she'd wear it herself :-)

greystone
greystone

For an inexpensive drugstore cologne,I find this to be an overall good fragrance.Stetson actually smells better then alot of the over priced high end chypre fragrances.This cologne starts off very strong and then mellows out to a more mellow musk and vanilla scent that is pleasent.This cologne lasts almost all day and for the price cannot really be beat for a masculine scent.Great cologne for a man.

junior halston
junior halston

It is funny reading the female reviews here this scent is as masculine as can be. But read the review at Basenotes and the men claim this is a female fragrance. LOL...which is it.

Anup
Anup

This is one of those fragrances that you can't review on first spray. You MUST allow it to sit for at least two minuets on skin or paper before testing.

That being said, on first spray this is the embodiment of an "old man fragrance". After allowing it to sit, this fragrance turns very warm and inviting, like air dried clothing in a way, warm and sweet, savory and manly.

It's a monster projector, so be careful with the amount of liquid you apply(2-3 sprays, 1-2 on a hot day). After a few hours this turns into more of a skin smell, but will still project when coaxed by a slight breeze.

I approve

Smell: 8
Longevity: 10
Sillage: (loud then quiet) 7

latelittlesleeper
latelittlesleeper

This is a review for the modern cologne spray.

What notes I get from this:

An opening that's all clean musk and something soapy, perhaps the orris root. And then underneath that, a watery, transparent patchouli and something a bit spicy. I'm always surprised this is considered a men's scent, because it's wearable, light oriental to me.

my hunny has had this one. its nothing special. not offensive or expensive. just a basic, ordinary scent for day. lots of notes listed, but they really don't come thru all that much. to me, this is a not too sweet, powdery, musk, with a distinct scent of sandlewood, which is actually nice. just an average 5 or 6 out of 10, imo.

K1
K1

Chypre for men must be identified by this perfume in the encyclopedias! It's a cheap and cheerful pick of floral masculine perfumes.
Smells a bit soapy and tidy with leather undertone and floral mainstream but the result is so soft and velvety.

The opening is harsh and unpleasant, but doesn't last that long. The drydown is a bit unbalanced and rough, but not bad. No, it can't compete against other, similar fragrances, even Lalique Pour Homme (lion), which isn't that expensive either, but it does have it's own character. It's somewhere between Boss #1 and Bois du Portugal, but of course less refined than either. I find these kinds of fragrances lacking in dynamism, especially the Bois du Portugal kind, so I'll just say that if you are a fan of them, and would like to add some variety, you might as well grab a bottle of this, due to the low price.

Nimue666
Nimue666

A little trashy at first, but the lingering drydown is lovely. Sandlewood? Amber? Nice and sweet but spicy. Not masculine at all, but in a good way.

larali
larali

Somebody said this is feminine? HUH?

I fell in love with my husband wearing this. Now he won't wear it. He is into lighter scents and thinks this is "cheap". But I still like it. Better than the lighter stuff for sure. Sexy but it probably depends on the guy.

Miyavi
Miyavi

Such a good long lasting scent. It smells like a...cowboy. But that's a good thing. I really enjoy this. The price is good too. It is so timeless and classic....im on a horse...cuz im a cowboy.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

Powdery Sage and lavender in the opening put me in a calm mood. The opening notes almost feel like a stress-relief aromatherapy blend. There's tons of greens and wood in the middle notes, and the geranium adds some brightness. I definitely smell the honey and the powdery-sweet amber in the dry down, with just a hint of musk for warmth. I don't smell the vanilla, though.

This is a comforting scent for me, warm, soft and herbal. It's perfect for quiet days. A classic treat at a very low price.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Women like this one because it's Norell for men. It's really a feminine perfume - and not even a very complex one - marketed for men. On my skin this resembles human urine, and I just can't wear it, but I guess it works for someone out there. I've never known anyone who wears it, and probably never will.

andy
andy

i love the ruggedness in this scent and its a great masculine aroma for a great price

Malegria
Malegria

This is a scent my unsophisticated husband was wearing when we just met.Back then, I dismissed it with a scorn - too ordinary, too 80-ish, smelled like a cologne that a barber would spray on his clients. Recently I tested it for fun - and it is quite interesting. Yes, the beginning is very simple, all lavender leaves and citrus, too sharp....then it comes the heart that stays for a loooong time ( the staying power is really good, btw) - nothing special, a regular 80s cheap cologne opening - but the base surprised me. It felt warm and almost feminine, and I could smell honey and a little bit of beeswax, too, with the sweet spoonful of vanilla an a very warm and gentle musk.
But - except the base - it still smells pretty cheap.It`s just not worth it to wait that long....

Stetson by Coty 3.16 out of 5 based on 147 ratings and 38 user reviews

STETSON for MEN by Coty COLOGNE SPRAY 1.5 OZ
Stetson Cologne by Coty - 1.5 oz Cologne Spray
Stetson Cologne by Coty - 1.5 oz Cologne Spray
Gift Set 1.5oz
Stetson Gift Set by Coty Gift Set for Men Includes 1.5 oz Cologne .75 oz After Shave
Gift Set 1.5oz
Stetson Gift Set by Coty Gift Set for Men Includes 1.5 oz Cologne 2.5 oz After Shave Lotion 2.5 oz All Purpose Lotion
Stetson Cologne by Coty - -- Gift Set - 1.5 oz Cologne .75 oz After Shave
Stetson Cologne by Coty - -- Gift Set - 1.5 oz Cologne .75 oz After Shave
Gift Set 1.5oz
Stetson Cologne by Coty - -- Gift Set - 1.5 oz Cologne 2.5 oz After Shave Lotion 2.5 oz All Purpose Lotion
Stetson Cologne by Coty, .75 oz Cologne Spray for Men
Stetson Cologne by Coty - 3.5 oz After Shave yellow color
Cologne 1oz
Lady Stetson Perfume by Coty - 1 oz Cologne Spray
Lady Stetson Perfume by Coty - 1 oz Cologne Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Stetson fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Coty Stetson, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Stetson by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Stetson by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.