Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

Stetson Black Coty for men

Stetson Black Coty for men
dislike

Stetson Black by Coty is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. Stetson Black was launched in 2005. Top note is sandalwood; middle notes are spices, lavender and woodsy notes; base note is suede. This perfume is the winner of award FiFi Award Fragrance of The Year Men`s Popular Appeal 2006.

Sandalwood

Spices Lavender Woodsy Notes

Suede

BHPC Classic for men

Stetson Black Fragrance Reviews

AmmoSexual
AmmoSexual

Like a rich, New York City capitalist from the 1800's, dressed in the finest suits, stays in the finest suites, samples the finest sweets.

avonman
avonman

The "poor" mans DIOR Fahrenheit!.........OR is Fahrenheit the "rich" mans Stetson BLACK??!!

Mysticman
Mysticman

I have the after shave, which to me is simply a weaker imitation of Dior's Fahrenheit. Not bad, not great.

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

One of the cheapest of the cheapies, but worth reviewing because it smells so good! BUT… the second it touches my skin, it isn’t the same. Lavender? Suede? It’s too bad that wonderful smell doesn’t translate to skin. I sprayed maybe 10 times on my shirt AND skin, and I can’t smell anything after a few minutes. Granted, this bottle is old (original from 2005), so maybe it’s just TOO old. But I honestly believe, if this fragrance recipe was re-created by Chanel or Hermes, using oils and ingredients that would last more than a few minutes, it might be in my Top 10 favorite fragrances of all time. But as a weak Coty cheapie, no. You really do get what you pay for.

jojoh19
jojoh19

This was one of my first fragrances from my college days, and it still puts a smile on my face. It brings back so many great memories! My girlfriend at the time LOVED it. Every time I was going to see her I put this great juice on. Wearing it now takes me back to those great times and I'll never get tired of it. Yes, it's cheap but don't let the price fool you. It smells amazing, like sweet woods. A very manly, pleasing smell that nobody could ever dislike! Longevity is above average and projection is average, which in my opinion is about perfect.

frittsjones
frittsjones

My son wears this. Smells great! For some reason, I smell tea in it, but I like it !

mrmattcat78
mrmattcat78

much better than the original , i like it alot

zinski19901
zinski19901

I've had Stetson for a long time. It's been giving to me for Christmas and birthdays several times and I always liked it. Probably the only cheap cologne I actually like. The scent is nice and woodsy

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I was looking for the suede notes, but all I really got was a sort of sour, pungent note on my skin right away with this one. My wife thought it smelled cheap on me.

Original Stetson is much better.

rahdigga
rahdigga

this is really not a bad scent i have smelled worst lol it is safe, around xmas you can get a gift set for about 20 bucks i would buy this for a son going on his first date lol you can wear this just to have something to wear

BeautifulDecay
BeautifulDecay

I haven't had this in years. I love this cologne it's one of the best cheap colognes out there. It's manly woodsy and powdery with a spicy kick. It's a simple cologne and it's a safe buy it only costs something like 12 dollars so it's not like blind buying an 80 dollar bottle of *for example* Gucci then not liking it and all that money is wasted. Basically what I'm saying is give it a shot it's a small bottle and it's cheap also I'd like to add that it lasts all day and it has great projection.

paddycakes
paddycakes

Smells great on me. Very grassy/woody and I think I'm picking up a bit of lemon. Definitely a masculine fragrance. Longevity is pretty poor. 3-4 hours max. Sillage is moderate. Overall a great scent that, unfortunatley just doesn't last.

Shinfo: this smells great when combined with Kroger brand lemongrass and basil hand soap.

Sugarscent
Sugarscent

I detest powdery scents on men. This one IS a lot nic

er than regular stetson though.

Guest_Kharnak

I got a decant of Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge, wonderful stuff. I didn't notice until i looked at the bottle, it reminds me STRONGLY of Stetson Black. I tried them side by side and yes, they are extremely similar. But SL has a more refined sweetness and Unisex DryDown, While Stetson Black is no longer as Feminine as i thought it was. SB Dries down a bit more "oily" and obviously masculine. I still can't get over the twig & berries kinda impression. hmmmm.. Moss or twigs?

Guest_Kharnak

Sweet Berry-Leather Lavender suede. When it dries down it's sweet & powdery, but has this nagging woody Mulch note that lingers the whole time. Like a handful of twigs.
Great for casual day to day office wear, i guess. If you got the right Chemistry & weather, i bet it could be nice on a cold dry day. a Body lotion would be better with this fragrance. My mom prefers wearing it, so i let her keep it.

tuve el after shave y tenia un delicioso aroma cítrico
, combinado con cuero, de larga duración muy masculina;el problema es que en nicaragua no se encuentra

tuve el after shave y tenia un delicioso aroma cítrico

evantskates
evantskates

This cologne has a strange fruity/berry smell in the background. Overall it is dominated by the scents of leather, suede, and synthetic woodsy notes. The smell is predominately sweet and fairly dark. Not bad for the price but nothing really too special, either. On me, this stuff stays noticeably for hours, and usually still smells pretty strong, even 5 or so hours later. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

greystone
greystone

This is a good inexpensive cologne,has a mellow suede scent to it that I enjoy and for the price I feel it is a good alternative to the more expensive Polo Black,which I find to be overrated.

SilverFire
SilverFire

Stetson Black has a leathery/sweet smell not unlike Preferred Stock, but with a more aggressive feel. It also has a woodsy note to it. PS is more of a boardroom/high-class sort of feel, and SB is more of a bad-boy/rebel sort of feel.

The longevity is about six hours, and I think the silage is probably not very strong. One or two sprays is enough; with three, you will be stinking up the elevator and getting the evil eye from women.

Also, it's unidimensional. I like that because what it smells like is what you'll smell like -- you don't have to wonder. If you prefer colognes that alter over time, you'll be bored with Stetson Black.

I like Stetson Black, but I have to mark it down due to the lack of staying power. 4/5.

ronnieroo88
ronnieroo88

A buddy of mine used to wear this perhaps it was due to the humid hot climate we live in but it reeked! I have never tried to change peoples minds about their preferences with perfumes but I HAD to tell hm to change it!

Very Spicy-sweet and leathery! Yuck!

Perhaps if you have the right chemistry and the weather is appropriate it would work.

scentedkub
scentedkub

For some reason I get a melon/suede situation going on when I wear this...kinda odd...but I like it LOL Very long lasting...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Stetson Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Coty Stetson Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Stetson Black by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Stetson Black by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.