Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Tribe Coty for women

Tribe Coty for women
dislike

Tribe by Coty is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Tribe was launched in 1991. Top notes are green notes, mandarin orange, raspberry, peach, apple, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, oakmoss and cedar.

Green Notes Mandarin Orange Raspberry Peach Apple Bergamot Lemon

Cyclamen Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Oakmoss Cedar

She... is Sexy!
Shania Starlight

Tribe Fragrance Reviews

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

@ brenn400 I had a bottle of this, I noticed its dark blackBrown but, when you put it up to the light It turns a pink color like in the picture. Cool bottle, lovely perfume, there's nothing like it! I wish I could get a new bottle :(

bren400
bren400

OMGGGGG, this was my ISHHHH in about '91-'92. I'm reviewing this fragrance right now because this morning I purchased Shania Twain's "Starlight" just because I saw it at a store where my friend worked and decided to blind buy it (along with Mary Kate & Ashley's "One"-°°gagg°°) Upon the first spray, I could've sworn that I smelled "Tribe" for a few minutes there, WELL, I DO have a stuffy nose, but my nose never fails me. I'll try again tomorrow, and when my cold clears up. I'll edit my review and let you guys know the deal. OHHHHH, and another thing, I STRONGLY believe that my bottle was black instead of the pink color we see here. I KNEW there was something about the bottle that didn't quite register.

UPDATE 4/11/14: My bottle WAS black! ;-)

I should also mention that I just sampled Pleasures Eau Fraiche and Acqua Di Gioia Eau Fraiche and after an hour of spraying both scents on different arms, I took a whiff of Pleasures then a whiff of Di Gioia Fraiche (all in the same breath) and WADDYA know...I smelled Tribe!!! :-D I guess I'll be doing this when I want to reminisce on my tween years! Can someone try this and let me know if they experience the same thing that I did? I KNOW I'm not buggin' out! Message me:-)

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

NOT REALLY A REVIEW -

I have clicked "love" purley for nostalgic value. Oh , id love to smell this one again and see if it's as good as I recall it :) .Tribe wasnt that popular up these parts actually , everyone wore Exclamation.

Excalmation green is one i remember fondly too

Ah , to be back in ones youth in the glorious late 80s-early 90s - the glory days :)

isadorable
isadorable

this scent is so reminiscent of when i was little and was my very first perfume (along with malibu musk)... i still remember unwrapping my christmas present and there it was... tribe! i found a "tribe-type" online and it was spot-on, it was so nice to go down memory lane. if they ever do come out with the actual tribe again, i'm buying in bulk :)

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

This was a beautiful fragrance, I'd like Coty to bring it back except with more potency - more sillage and longer lasting.

teresa brown
teresa brown

please begin tribe back it smells lovely i would love to buy it again

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

The first fruity-floral and the most OVERRATED. Fruit (the one note missing above is MELON) + flowers + laundry detergent musk. There are so many clones on the market today, from low to high end. I have mine from the nineties because I collect Coty. It smells like shampoo.

geegee

Caledonian Chic, where on earth did you find this amazing gem? And if you dont mind saying...what did it cost? Ive seen this going for over £100 last year, i couldnt justify that price when i used to get the lovely little bottle for about £5 back in the late 80's early 90's.

I dont know if its my age but i find all those late 80's and 90's fragrances were incredible (well most) and oh boy did they last.

Does anyone recall a fragrance called Rebel? It was on par with Tweed/Panache and Tramp (i love Tramp). Rebel had a pillar box red top and smell divine, i used to get it from our local chemist...again dirt cheap.

Gaynor

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

COTY ARE YOU LISTENING!!..... please bring back this scent it was so popular back in the day ( 90's i mean). Every teen and young women must of bought this perfume from there local chemist priced at £7.49. It was fruity nothing else like it & its rival was Exclamation and to my annoyance it's still going now.This is a unique fragrance one of it's kind and maybe Coty's best ever perfume to date. It was a good role model for young teens to wear, simple and sweet & i bet 80% of the female population would love to see it back on the shelves in it's original format.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

Oh how I loved wearing this back in the early 90's. Why did it leave us? So fruity and zesty. I always thought the bottle looked great. Nostalgia is good but how I would love to gets my hands on a bottle of this!!

Lushylori
Lushylori

I used to own and wear Tribe back in the 90's when i was a teenager but i kind of forget what it smells like since I've worn so many different scents over the years.
I was in the Variety store not long ago and I was wearing Jimmy Choo and a lady asked me if I was wearing Tribe hahaha
As far as I can remember,Tribe didn't smell like Jimmy Choo but to her it did.
She really liked the scent though.
Does anyone else think Tribe smells similar to Jimmy Choo????
I get compliments on Jimmy Choo EVERYTIME i wear it but i don't remember getting compliments on wearing Tribe :)

pinkice124
pinkice124

I wore this perfume in High School and always got raves about how sweet smelling I was! I wish Coty would bring this perfume back to the market. I started ordering it online once it was discontinued. This perfume is the only perfume my husband likes. I wore it when I met him and before we married he would snuggle up to anything I touched and left the smell on while visiting his house as a reminder of me being there that evening. Coty really need to bring this perfume back to the Ladies of today!!

eludiastar
eludiastar

This reminds me of my childhood & I recently found some for £1 on a local market stall. Although I did give it away I do really like it

meowiewowie
meowiewowie

Dearest Tribe of Tribe:

I remember this juice quite vividly from my youth. For those who can't believe it's gone, try giving Just Cavalli for Her -- I think it smells quite like Coty's Tribe frag, but not so loud and... 90's!! :p

The super good news is that Just Cavalli can be purchased for about the same price as I remember Tribe setting me back (about $20, which is what I paid for the Cavalli on sale).

!!

Just a little word of warning to anyone who is thinking about ordering "Tribe Type" from a company called Holistic Springs... DON'T. They took my money but never sent me the item, and a quick Google search tells me this is not a one off :)

So my search for Tribe or a suitable alternative continues.

mizlover1
mizlover1

tribe...please come back to me...i loved it...drowned myself in it...along with my freestyle music and teen dances, it was awesome..i miss this...ghost mist, ici and electric youth

honestansweet
honestansweet

I Love Tribe!!! I was 30yrs. when I wore it and it was my scent.... I remember 1 girls night out when all of us cast our eyes upon this perfect & sexy man, Ladies you know the one that gets you all drooling and taking bets as to whom will get him to notice you - Well as the night progressed this absolute sweetest eye candy did approach our table and kneeled beside my chair and of course I'm feeling like I just won the lottery and my BFF's are so jealous.... Then he says to me: "You smell sexy-sweet! What's that perfume you are wearing?" I told him it was "TRIBE" he then says to me:"I just had to know because I have to get that for my wife!" My reply was simply: "You are a good husband!" Sometimes we still have a laugh over that encounter - Damn!!! LOL
Bad-Bad-Bad Coty! Bring back our Tribe & We'll have Calgon take us away to our Herbal Essence moment!!! LOL...

kriptkeeper
kriptkeeper

join the bring back tribe page on facebook , we're pestering coty to bring it back , join our page n give us a hand please :-)

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

My first perfume. : ) Casual, citrusy, so 90s and fun.

!!

I used to have the Tribe shower gel which could also be used as a shampoo. I saved it for special occasions because the smell was so amazing and people used to compliment me on it when I was near them. I would love that shampoo again.

I would really like to own this again. Perhaps we should all start to stalk Coty and pester for them to relaunch it..??

planetjenn
planetjenn

I love love love Tribe! It was really cheap at the time when it was available, & SUPER sweet smelling, but it complemented my chemistry very well. It was my favorite perfume back in the day, & I used to get so many compliments, whenever I would wear it. The guys seemed to like it as much as the girls did! I had the body splash, perfume, powder, & anything else I could get my hands on that was Tribe...it sure beat those "Designer Imposter" perfumes that everyone else was wearing back then! ;) I looked for Tribe a few years ago, on a whim, & was sad to discover that they'd discontinued it long ago. I'd found an old bottle of the original, in a box of stuff from my pre-teen years, & although it was empty I could still catch a ghost of the fragrance...it was so nostalgic! I looked online to see if I could find it anywhere, & of course all of the hits on eBay came up. Personally, I'm not going to spend almost a hundred bucks on a cheap perfume that cost like $10 originally, & is now more than 15 years old! That's just crazy IMO...I don't even think it would still be good. Plus, I'm sure the scent would change after all that time. I found some reviews online, from people who were also looking for Tribe. A few said that Avon's Costa Rica was an almost exact duplicate of Tribe, but when I looked it up...it had been discontinued too! Finally, I found that Hollistic Springs is selling a fragrance oil called Tribe Type, & they claim that it is very similar. I ordered it, & I have to say that although it is very, very similar...it's not exact, & it misses something being an oil, I think, that the perfume spray had. Still, it's better than nothing! I'm going to check into the other similar perfumes that others have described here. Honestly, there seems to be a demand for it...I don't understand why they won't just bring it back as an anniversary addition or something! I know so many people who would buy it in bulk, just in case they discontinued it again. ;)

sparkybish
sparkybish

Picture a middle school dance, in 1990. I have sky high bangs, in the awesome Hartford early 90's style of a sheer cliff face of 3 inches from my forehead straight up, which curl back and to the side with a precision spiral curl that I have shellacked into place with my trusty can of Rave. I have on my coral, tiered ruffle skirt, and two t-shirts with the sleeves rolled up to show the contrast. My Sam and Libby white flats with the tiny bow adorn my tiny, pre-growth spurt feet. In short, I look pretty slammin' for a 13 year old.

When I move, a delicate, but unique cloud of fruitiness moves with me. There is something playful about the way I smell, but an emerging sexuality too. No one else has discovered this twisty bottle of perfume at the CVS yet, so they all smell like Exclamation and Electric Youth.

I see my middle school boy friend across the room. He looks amazing with his flock of seagulls hair and Z. Cavaricci parachute pants. The smell of a smoke machine fills my nose. He walks over to me as a slow song begins to play. We dance with his hands on my waist and my arms on his shoulders.

We do not kiss for another 18 months. Because I was a good girl and that song "Papa Don't Preach" scared my hormonal butt straight.

Blujax

Oh, and also I wanted to mention...The ones that you find on Ebay, I have to wonder, obviously they are more than 15 years old. Is that still good to put on your skin?

my email addy is rollerglory @yahoo.com if anyone knows of a perfume that smells like it. please give me a mail!!

Blujax

lol these comments are all the same ones that I would put up!! I was like 13-15 when I had it! I loved that smell so much. I was lucky enough to find a bottle of hand lotion on Ebay for about $30? For a 3.5 oz. tube. But it was worth it to me! I used one of those scent matchers places to try to create it? Well, I just got my perfume yesterday, and well, it smells NOTHING like Tribe! It's almost like they made the middle notes way too strong, and forgot the base notes all together! So I will be sending that one back. Anyone know of any similar smelling ones?

jazminsalas27
jazminsalas27

Man I love this perfume!!!! I remember being able to go to walgreens at buy it for $10 now its so expensive!!! Im so bummed out that they don't sell it anymore I bought it from ebay and I'll tell you one thing it was worth the price. Someone should definetly remake it!!!! BRING IT BACK

Gillw
Gillw

I bought Gwen Steffani Harajuku lovers love summer cutie and it smells just like Tribe.I've got the snow buddies one and it doesn't smell the same but the summer cutie definately smellls like Tribe.The summer cutie box also has the same blue and pink colours that were used for Tribe and as they are both made by Coty it makes me wonder whether it is actually Tribe in the bottle.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

For those who really want to have this perfume again...

I've ordered an oil based imitation of Tribe from holisticsprings.com and it seems very close to the original. (And no.. I certainly have no affiliation with them.) I just really like the imitation oil they created and wanted to pass along the info.

Good luck with your search. :o)

Megh
Megh

This was my very first perfume when I was 12. I had bought it to wear to a dance to impress the boy I was going with. I remember wearing about half of the bottle that night! He said he loved it. Years ago, I tried to remember the name of it.. I ended up buying Tabu thinking that was it.. It clearly wasn't! I finally remembered the name and was so sad to learn that it realy wasn't available anymore. It had realy made that big of an impression on me. What a trip down memory lane that would be to smell this again! I have yet to find anything quite like it.

guest_In
guest_In

My wife, who was my girl friend then wore this perfume and it drove me insane. It made me want to have sex all the time. I looking to buy it but can't find it. Someone please help.

wow what a smell brings me back to the good old days cant beleive how expensive it is to buy from ebay!! used to pinch it off my older sister, wish someone would re-create it or do somthing very similar

guest_scorpio28
guest_scorpio28

I loved Tribe, takes me back to the 90's.. and it was a very sexy perfume. Wish It wasnt so expensive on eBay!!

i wish they brought it back in i used to love it i sent for a bottle from canada,,everybody comented on the smell of it was beautiful why dont they bring it bak

guest_shannon
guest_shannon

Brings you back, why is it companies always discontinue the best items? Tribe was the best perfume I have ever owned and was priced perfect.

guest_LadyAsha
guest_LadyAsha

I wore Tribe all through out my high school years in the 90's. I always got compliments when I wore it. It was the best smelling perfume of the 90's for such a low reasonable price. Another reason to love the 90's. Boy, do I miss the 90's...

guest_Jmill
guest_Jmill

I had a girlfriend that used tribe and every time she wore it I only thought of one thing. That was back in the 90's. I've been trying to find some but have had know luck. They should bring back Tribe.

guest_Gyspy
guest_Gyspy

I have be wanting a bottle of this for a while, I actually wore it when I was around 18. I loved it, and want it again. Ebay prices are rediculous as I remember the drugstore price of what $14.99? Give up the name of the Brit Spears smell alike....I'll try the Gwen S. Love too. Maybe that will cure my crave

Girly T-Rex
Girly T-Rex

Had Tribe back in the 7th grade, and I remember this one because it was the only perfume my mother (who is a fragrance addict herself) refused to ever re-purchase for me again lol

I don't even know how many people I pissed off by wearing this strong heady perfume because all my friends at school hated it too. Just think of a strong grape beverage & multiply that by 100, and you'll get the idea of Tribe. I'm so sorry to anyone that had to sit near me while wearing this fragrance, but at the time I loved it! It would be very interesting to see how I would react to this fragrance nowadays.

guest_Ang
guest_Ang

Oh I loved this stuff! I miss it so much. It was fruity but soft. A tad musky. Very vibrant smell. I wish this scent was still on the shelf. It would sell so well. But it's gone just like Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth. Miss that one too. Ahhh, the good old days.

geegee

Oh blimey, i had forgotten all about this fragrance. Another reminder of my younger days.

This reminds me of moving to the USA because i could find it so cheaply over there, returning to the UK a year later it was a shock to find out how much more expensive fragrances are back home.

Id love to smell this again to see if i still love it as much as i used to. I recall it being powdery with a kick of musk when it settled.

guest_Vanilla
guest_Vanilla

Where in Canada can I get this?..I used to wear this perfume as well when I was younger and I still remeber the smell and I am in my thirties..lol. I luv it! What store can I get it?

karlee79
karlee79

used to wear this when i was like 12, and i loved it, i would wear this today if i could find it somewhere. I was bummin around on ebay and a bottle of this goes for almost $200 bucks, and the aresol is around $60, that crazy seeing as how this was like a $16 max drugstore perfume.

yes i used to weasr this and outrageous shampoo, they stopped making that too. in fact i ordered the shampoo from canada and now i want the perfume tribe!

marybeth
marybeth

the person who made it stopped making it :( BUT, she gave me the recipe... so i am attempting to recreate it. it cost a fortune for the stuff, but it'll be worth it. after my stuff gets here and i can make it, if you want a sample, email me and i'll send you one. blonde_gurrl at comcast dot net

guest_I Want My "Tribe" Back!
guest_I Want My "Tribe" Back!

Tribe was the best cologne I've ever had! I've tried more expensive colgnes, but none have ever compared to Tribe! PLEASE someone recreate it!!!!!! I sent a message to a perfume/cologne recreator and am hoping to hear back soon!

guest_mary
guest_mary

if you search on ebay, they sell fake tribe dry oil spray. smells just like the real thing.. and cheap!

This was my favorite perfume when I was 13-15. To me, then, it was a sexy scent. I felt older and cool when I wore it. I would love to buy it now but those who sell it are selling it at unreasonable prices. I've recently found a perfume that reminds me of Tribe and it is from Gwen Stefani's 'Harajuku Lover's' line, it's called Love. It's probably the closest I will ever get to Tribe again, and yet Love is more mature. I suppose like me I guess. : )

guest_cjsmommy
guest_cjsmommy

Loved it at 16.Love it still at 36.It's just alot harder to find and alot as in about 15 times much more expensive ,if you do find it.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I remember when this came out, and I wanted it so bad. I was probably about 12ish, and my mom said no.... She said I was too young to be wanting & playing around with perfumes. LOL, thinking about it now, I believe she was right. :)

I remember this being very strong, very floral, quite sickening. I was really excited to smell it because there was such an ad campaign at the time but I was really disappointed when I actually tried it. Come to think of it, Revlon's Outrageous shampoo smelled a lot like this.

guest_Sniff
guest_Sniff

It reminded me of grape Jolly Rancher candy.

Lovespell
Lovespell

This was my first perfume at age 11. I begged my parents to buy me this, it was one of my earliest moments of becoming a young lady, wanting a sexy perfume to wear lol. I thought it was the coolest sexiest scent, and the bottle and packaging were way cool. It was fruity, young teenager stuff. Ahh ..the memories.

falovalo
falovalo

Oh my! I had this when I was around 11 or 12! I can't remember exactly what it smells like, but it was juvenile enough for me to wear at that age, a tad fruity I think. Nostalgia!!!

Tribe by Coty 4.25 out of 5 based on 93 ratings and 54 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Coty Tribe fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Coty Tribe, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tribe by Coty. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tribe by Coty represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.